Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:59 PM   #703
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Hmmm Bone,

Glad I left when I did then.

You ain't kidding. I must have died 5+ times due to an inept healer that eventually left the team out of embarrassment (i think). Nobody said anything disparaging to her, i think she was feeling overwhelmed.

I was a little upset at first but after the 3rd death, I was bound and determined to be successful regardless. Well, didn't happen and thank god don suggested I grab Silent Partner to keep the sorcerers under control. After that, we did very well. I should have grabbed him sooner, but when I'm playing my scrapper I get a little pig-headed.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:05 PM   #704
hoopsguy
General Manager

Had fun playing with you guys over the weekend. Got Don to Level 22 last night; the game is a blast right now with the new areas, new villains, and the feeling that I'm getting a character who can be capable in solo and group modes.

That group last night was an abortion on wheels. The healer was clueless, there was no controller, and no one seemed to care that we were dying over and over again. Just not a winning formula, but the mission was really stacked with good XP if you managed to stay alive (only bit it once with Don before realizing the challenges with this team). I stuck it out because I wanted to finish the mission. But stuff like that helps me appreciate our group a great deal.

The guy to add to the list is Bulletproof Ike, a Level 13 Controller Gravity/Force Field.

See you guys in an hour or so ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:40 AM   #705
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good group last night, as I think we got up to seven at one point:
Project Virus, Albino Claw, Silver Streak, Translectron, Don, Cometflash, and Aucoin.

Too many caves, but we knocked down a mix of tough and easy missions. I stuck around to do some hunting in Independence with Albino and Trans. We got on a really nice run of mowing down Level 23-25 foes and getting some very solid experience. I think Claw, who had racked up close to 10k debt the night before, was death-free on the evening and got down to 1k by the time we wrapped up after about four hours of play.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:51 AM   #706
Bonegavel

After most of the team broke up around 12pm EST, Don, Albino claw and trans-something (gi's buddy) hit upon a fairly decent method of keeping everyone heathly while taking on some decent opponents.

Basically, it is easy to understand that the Tanker is built to be guy soaking all the aggro of the mobs and he can take a beating that would kill any other AT 20 times over. Well, my scrapper (damage dealer but killed far easier than tank) would trail Don into battle hopefully letting him get the enemy trained on him so i could go around and beat on the mobs while they beat on him.

More often than not, I was peeling off a large majority of Don's aggro'd mobs (which made for a rather hilarious minute or two of me fleeing around in circles trying to heal). As a scrapper, my motto is "jump in and kill." Rather straight forward, but having a character not dissimilar to Wolverine, it tends to infect your play style.

So, Don suggests that I wait 3 seconds while he jumps in and grabs the mobs attentions. A little better results, but eventually I peel most of the mobs off of him again. Eventually, embarrassingly, I realize that I have this one attack, that is a PBAoE (point blank Area of Effect) which hits every mob in melee distance, is probably the key to why I am gathering all this attention.

As soon as I stop using that power every time it is recharged, I notice that I not only last through the fight, but I also wind up with nary a scratch. Kind of a shame that I can't use this power so much (it is very satisfying to hit 10 people at once) but staying alive is paramount as I'm not much good to the group when I'm dead. I will most likely reserve this power for late in the battle where the LTs are dead and/or the remaining baddies don't have much of a fight left in them.

I am hoping that this new "approach" will mean a lot less deaths for Albino Claw. It also means, however, that I will be in need of a very competent Tank in order for me to be very effective.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:05 AM   #707
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Bone, it took me a long time to understand my AoE powers, and the ramifications of them aggroing mobs. The other key I found was that when I do an area attack on sleeping/stunned mobs, they wake up and come after me. So if we have a controller cutting down on the fighting mobs, be careful of your PBAoE.

Also, I always forget to hover when I go into combat. The caves were a lot tougher than they should have been last night. We just pretty much went in and fought without any strategy. I think things are much easier and faster with some strategy. With all of the people we had on last night, there was a pretty good mix. We could've used a controller, but overall it was a good mix.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:35 AM   #708
gi
College Prospect

Had a blast, sorry for getting my priorities mixed up and being late

I would love to have a controller in the group. But since I also want a Tank in the group I can not be one right now. (Don is the only tank and the only one with a backup healer) Having 2 defenders that are not healers (Trans and Comet) really help out with all the little things they do. Overall I think we work well as is, but having a controller would really let us shine.

Trans and I were on Yahoo Voice Chat last night and it really came in handy during those big fights. If anyone else desires to get on a voice chat conference with Yahoo IM, let me know and I'll send the invite. Thursday is iffy for me right now. I will probably be on, but later in the night.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #709
FloridaFringe
H.S. Freshman Team

Virtue

Atomic Mender (Science Radiation / Radiation Defender) (21)
Crazy Fingers (Technology Assault Rifle / Device Blaster) (14)
Cyburn (Technology Fire / Fire Blaster) (14)
Doctor Horrid (Science Empathy / Dark Blast Defender) (14)
Slow Death (Mutation Claws / Regeneration Scrapper) (8)

Victory

Lug (Natural Invulnerability / Super Strength Tanker) (10)
Saint Stephen (Natural Empathy / Psychic Defender) (8)
FloridaFringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:56 AM   #710
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks for making me stay on long enough to get those 300 xp's to level last night.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:28 PM   #711
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Bone, it took me a long time to understand my AoE powers, and the ramifications of them aggroing mobs. The other key I found was that when I do an area attack on sleeping/stunned mobs, they wake up and come after me. So if we have a controller cutting down on the fighting mobs, be careful of your PBAoE.
More to the point, I understand that by me attacking them with the PBAoE I was getting their attention. What I didn't fully comprehend was how easy it is for a Tank to lose aggro. It was my understanding that the Tank and his Taunt and attacks (with a Taunt built in) would keep those mobs intact and that I was more or less a pesky, albeit stinging, fly. Don and I had assumed that we just needed more time for him to establish aggro before I popped in the melee, but it seems tanks lose the aggro fairly quick.

I think the change that made the most difference is that I simply attacked the same target that Don attacked. This is especially necessary if there are 6+ mobs 2+ levels above me. The minute I would peel off and attack my own mob, he would stop firing at Don and focus on me (1 or 2 others might turn on me as well).

It seems that if I act like a pilot fish on a shark to the Tanker, I am pretty much left alone. And once the mobs count gets to about 3-5 I can release and pick my own targets.

As for the AoE on sleeping mobs, that is the most frustrating part of being a controller. If they are sleeping (zzzz coming out of their head) any attack will wake them. If they are holding their heads, that is a different story. Yes, please don't AoE sleepers.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 07-28-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:52 PM   #712
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Virtue

I played for a while, my main character was a 32 Assault/Device blaster on the Virtue server. Fun for a while but sucked once my friends quit.

Last edited by OldSchool : 07-28-2004 at 06:57 PM. Reason: wording
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:56 PM   #713
OldSchool
High School Varsity

AR or Fire/Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
So has a clear-cut character configuration stood out from the crowd yet? What is the "power-player" of City of Heroes?

Sorry for the double post, but if this hasn't been answered yet I'd have to go with AR/Dev or Fire/Dev Blaster as the easiest to level. AoE hunting in the hazard zones is the most efficient way to level and these two do it best. Missions are horrible the farther along you go. (600xp mission reward when you need 400k to level and the maps are huge with low conning mobs sparsely placed...it just sucks unbearably)

I also thought Energy/Dev and Energy/Energy were very fun to play, but never got them past the teens. They are single target blasters and will level faster than the other archetypes but not close to the speed of Fire or AR.

If anyone has specific build questions feel free to PM me, I'm no guru but I put a sufficiently horrifying amount of time into the game.

Last edited by OldSchool : 07-28-2004 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #714
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool
Sorry for the double post, but if this hasn't been answered yet I'd have to go with AR/Dev or Fire/Dev Blaster as the easiest to level. AoE hunting in the hazard zones is the most efficient way to level and these two do it best. Missions are horrible the farther along you go. (600xp mission reward when you need 400k to level and the maps are huge with low conning mobs sparsely placed...it just sucks unbearably)

I also thought Energy/Dev and Energy/Energy were very fun to play, but never got them past the teens. They are single target blasters and will level faster than the other archetypes but not close to the speed of Fire or AR.

If anyone has specific build questions feel free to PM me, I'm no guru but I put a sufficiently horrifying amount of time into the game.

The Fire/dev blaster is the best powers for leveling. Basically you can use cloaking device, throw smoke grenade, stand in the middle of mobs 3 lvls higher than you. Use trip mine there is a second delay between trip mine blowing up. Jump out of the way and use fireball. Everything will be dead.

AR you have to use M30 and flamethrower to kill them all or Full auto. But full auto does DoT damage. So you can get killed while full auto is on.

I have no problem with how mission xp is set at. Im afraid if they up the mission xp, you might outlevel missions fasters and miss some story arcs.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:54 PM   #715
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Fire/Dev may well be faster, I quit mine in the teens because I liked the versatility of AR better (2 good single target attacks plus snipe).

"AR you have to use M30 and flamethrower to kill them all or Full auto. But full auto does DoT damage. So you can get killed while full auto is on."

With Smoke Grenade you've got no worries about getting killed using Full Auto or anything else. My 32 hasn't died since level 27 or 28, and that was in a group.

As far as missions go, its kind of a moot point. The way its set up now you run out of your 30th level missions by 32 and cant get more til 35 if you do them all anyway. I still say there is no way in the world they are they even in the same galaxy of xp as hunting outside.

"Basically you can use cloaking device, throw smoke grenade, stand in the middle of mobs 3 lvls higher than you. Use trip mine there is a second delay between trip mine blowing up."

Superspeed + Cloak = Total Invis anyway so the smoke grenades generally getting tossed for the (soon to be nerfed) defense bonus, not stealth.

Last edited by OldSchool : 07-29-2004 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:14 PM   #716
hoopsguy
General Manager

Had a very fun night on our FOFC off-night doing hunting on the streets of Independence. The Family didn't know what hit them as we ran a full team (including a couple of non-FOFC guys) out there, including Albino Claw/Silent Partner, Aucoin, Battle Flag, Cometflash, and Silver Streak. I think this is the first time I have played with another tanker in one of our groups ever (Ming the Merciless) and we met what Translectron will look like when he is all grown up with his character (or at least level 20). Quite a bit of leveling, almost no dying. XP was maybe a little too easy, as we were chasing down mobs 2-4 levels higher all night long. Almost halfway to 23 now, not taking quite as long between levels at this point as I thought it would.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:02 AM   #717
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool
Fire/Dev may well be faster, I quit mine in the teens because I liked the versatility of AR better (2 good single target attacks plus snipe).

"AR you have to use M30 and flamethrower to kill them all or Full auto. But full auto does DoT damage. So you can get killed while full auto is on."

With Smoke Grenade you've got no worries about getting killed using Full Auto or anything else. My 32 hasn't died since level 27 or 28, and that was in a group.

As far as missions go, its kind of a moot point. The way its set up now you run out of your 30th level missions by 32 and cant get more til 35 if you do them all anyway. I still say there is no way in the world they are they even in the same galaxy of xp as hunting outside.

"Basically you can use cloaking device, throw smoke grenade, stand in the middle of mobs 3 lvls higher than you. Use trip mine there is a second delay between trip mine blowing up."

Superspeed + Cloak = Total Invis anyway so the smoke grenades generally getting tossed for the (soon to be nerfed) defense bonus, not stealth.

True I know smoke grenade is for defense and not stealth. Maybe my post was a little off. But still Fireball plus tripmine is a way better combo. My friend has an assault rifle blaster and he has said a couple times he has been killed by nemesis when he has used full auto even with smoke. Funny thing is even though he was dead the animation is stilll going on and he will kill them all.

Anyway my concern with mission xp is the fact that I play a defender that I got to lvl 36 .It is impossible for me to solo missions. I have to find groups to play. The thing I dont want to see happen is if you group too much and you do missions that are not your own. You end up outleveling the story arcs and missing them. I for one enjoy doing them and following along with the story. I for one would hate to spend alot of time on a charcter, and miss out on content. Just because I dont want to make a blaster, scrapper, the two controller types that you can solo with (fire after lvl 32 and illusion). Maybe you should use an AT that isnt a soloer and see how fast you can run out of missions.

Last edited by ageofquarrel : 07-29-2004 at 01:04 AM.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 06:08 AM   #718
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Had a very fun night on our FOFC off-night doing hunting on the streets of Independence. The Family didn't know what hit them as we ran a full team (including a couple of non-FOFC guys) out there, including Albino Claw/Silent Partner, Aucoin, Battle Flag, Cometflash, and Silver Streak. I think this is the first time I have played with another tanker in one of our groups ever (Ming the Merciless) and we met what Translectron will look like when he is all grown up with his character (or at least level 20). Quite a bit of leveling, almost no dying. XP was maybe a little too easy, as we were chasing down mobs 2-4 levels higher all night long. Almost halfway to 23 now, not taking quite as long between levels at this point as I thought it would.

I thought last night was an off-night, too. But you wouldn't know it to see who was online.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:23 AM   #719
gi
College Prospect

Had a great time last night. Somewhat easy night of healing for Aucoin. Only was worried once or twice. Ming and Fain were fun to group with as well. Trans should be leveling up real soon...he is playing a ton to catch up. I should be on later tonight for a spell.

[fearing The Don's third eye]

Last edited by gi : 07-29-2004 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:59 AM   #720
Bonegavel

Was a lot of fun last night. Ming and Fain (i played with Fain a week or so ago and is how we hooked up last night) were good for group, but Ming's Tank build didn't allow him last like Don. I believe he is a Fire/Mace and he lasted only a little longer than Albino Claw in battle. Kind of depressing as my own Tank (Caution Yellow) is a Fire/Mace and I was hoping he would be more resilient in battle. I guess it isn't right comparing that to Don's build, but seeing Don wade hip deep into a mountain of baddies and sustain minor cuts and bruises is a fun thing to behold.

Our levels are getting a little skewed now and is making it tougher to team with sk'ing. Should we Bring our non-20+ chars tonight? Damage output was noticably lower once our lone blaster left. With Fain, Aucoin, and Comet we weren't about to die, but the killing took a lot longer. But, it is a funny thing because if they die too fast it is boring and having so many healers and buffers you know you probably won't die and that takes a little of the excitement away.

The balance of a "fun" time (for me at least) is when you take down a large group of mobs, have gone into the red a few times only to be saved at the last moment by your over-stressed healer, everyone has participated in some way, and somebody was forced to flee battle once or twice to recharge hit points on the fly.

I hate to say it, but this game is only getting more fun for me. I thought my interest would fade. Maybe it is just that our group is fun to be around, but I don't see me putting this game down any time soon.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #721
OldSchool
High School Varsity

"Maybe you should use an AT that isnt a soloer and see how fast you can run out of missions."

This problem isn't archetype specific, it starts with your 30th level missions and is the same for 35, 40, 45. You make a good point though, I think the reason missions seem so trivial for blasters is because they have to make them doable by all the archetypes. One thing I think they could implement that'd save them some customers is a difficulty slider for missions (think EQ LDoN) so you could choose Easy/Hard/Suicidal or whatever.

I did play a kinetics defender, a rad defender and an invulnerable tank. I actually liked the tank a lot before the purple patch. The kinetics defender wasn't my style but one of my regular group and frequent duo partner was one and was really nice to have around.

I don't see myself loading the game again, pretty much burnt out on CoH and having fun with my 1970 Cowboys in FoF2k4.

Bone - You nailed it on the head, as long as you have a fun group to play with the game will be fun! Also, Fire tanks are supposed to be the offensive tanks and used to be soloing machines (maybe still are, they had Burn nerfed though) so if you're looking for durability and groupability they're probably not the way to go.

Last edited by OldSchool : 07-29-2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:45 AM   #722
gi
College Prospect

I'd like to bring up a controller. But I am getting bored with the mid teen stuff. I'm looking forward to the 20's. Whatever the group wants. Aucoin can sit this one out if Doc Evil wishes to join up. I'll get a controller started or I have a Blaster and Scrapper.

I also have the most fun when I am a over stressed healer. (As long as deaths are kept to a min)

As long as we are having fun, bring whatever character you want.

I noticed that anyone who is sk'd and is having trouble hitting mobs, the Fortitude Buff on the Empathy line seems to help solve that.

[Still fearing The Don's third eye...]

Last edited by gi : 07-29-2004 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:35 PM   #723
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Yeah, I apologize, Battle Flag is just shy of 14. I have Vortez, who is a healer defender, but he's like a 6, so he's beyond useless now.

The problem is that I just got tired of playing alone, it is far more fun in a group. I remember just briefly being Battle Flag and Don, and how fun it was. Battle was able to give a licking and keep on ticking, plus regen helps immensely.

I don't mind dying, but I am ticked that I have till what 16? before I can get a travel power...that is the biggest flaw, I feel that I hold back the team.

Independence Port is fun, save for when I get stuck in the water...gurgle gurgle.

I will try to make it online tonight, trouble is, it won't be till like 10:30 or 11, which is when you guys wind down.

I would make a controller or something like that, but I don't know...I think Battle is a good psuedotank. I can't take as much as Don, but I'm more durable than most.

I would make a tank but I think they're way too slow, I need speed, Battle is slow as is (Fain made me jealous of superleap, I really want that now).

I wish I had Quiksilver, the katana/super reflex would be really cool with our group.

I could make a blaster, but I really get bored, it's such a struggle past 10 when you are alone, and I hate working with other groups save FOFC, it's a crapshoot, and I wind up with snake eyes a lot.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:01 PM   #724
Bonegavel

If you select at the right times, you can get a travel power at 14.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #725
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't see myself loading the game again, pretty much burnt out on CoH

This is pretty much me too. It's a fun game, but the repetitiveness of the missions and the enemies you fight got to me after a while. I never felt like I'd log on and be able to do something new and different, it was pretty much the same stuff over and over. Good game though, I'm just burned out on it. I think the downside of making a game casual player accessible is that it leads to it easily becoming a bit boring for some players.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #726
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Although I could see it maybe getting a little boring later on (I've had the game for about a month), I would say that while it's depth is not like other MMORPGs, it is considerably deeper than Double Dragon...and I don't mean that as a slam, but more of a compliment.

I used to play Double Dragon at the arcade forever. I could never get tired of it, even though it was pretty much the same throughout the entire thing: attack bad guy, defeat bad guy. I compare CoH with that game: attack bad guy, defeat bad guy...just with more of a RPG flair to it. Also, I get the same feeling of playing two-player Double Dragon with the FOFC Supergroup...I haven't had that feeling in a while.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:14 PM   #727
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
If you select at the right times, you can get a travel power at 14.

I thought it was 16...unless you have an example.
I have hasten now, and 14 is only about 600 points away.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:31 PM   #728
Peregrine
Pro Starter

You can get a travel power at 14, you get your first power pool slot at 6, and your second at 14. I've gotten travel powers at 14 with all of my characters (except the kinetics defender who didn't need one)
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:30 PM   #729
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
This is pretty much me too. It's a fun game, but the repetitiveness of the missions and the enemies you fight got to me after a while. I never felt like I'd log on and be able to do something new and different, it was pretty much the same stuff over and over. Good game though, I'm just burned out on it. I think the downside of making a game casual player accessible is that it leads to it easily becoming a bit boring for some players.

Yeah, my group quit around 28 and I hung around til 32. At that point you've got all your cool powers, and you're only getting new ones every 3 levels (which is over 1 million xp), it just boiled down to the same grind as EQ, Shadowbane, DAoC, which is I guess what I expected. A level in the 30s is comparable to a level in the 60s in EQ, I can't imagine what its like in the 40s.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:24 PM   #730
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would be happy to bring along Ike tonight and start working up a controller for our group. The only downside there is that there isn't another prospective tanker out that I'm aware of right now if I wanted to bring Ike on a regular basis.

For anyone who has brought along a controller, does it get easier to solo them? I'm not having much fun slinking around at Level 13 right now in Skyway and Steel. Maybe it is just relative to the Level 20+ tanker, and I'm not remembering that I had struggles with other characters at this level but it seems like a very slow road soloing with both the Healer and Controller right now.

Plus I have a lot of fun playing Don ... third eye and all.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:13 PM   #731
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Quote:

For anyone who has brought along a controller, does it get easier to solo them?

Yes, but not until you hit 32 and get your pets, and then it depends on your primary. I know fire imps rock.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:27 AM   #732
Bonegavel

Quote:
I would be happy to bring along Ike tonight and start working up a controller for our group. The only downside there is that there isn't another prospective tanker out that I'm aware of right now if I wanted to bring Ike on a regular basis.

For anyone who has brought along a controller, does it get easier to solo them? I'm not having much fun slinking around at Level 13 right now in Skyway and Steel. Maybe it is just relative to the Level 20+ tanker, and I'm not remembering that I had struggles with other characters at this level but it seems like a very slow road soloing with both the Healer and Controller right now.

Plus I have a lot of fun playing Don ... third eye and all.

Sorry I bailed last night at midnight EST. I had a long bad day and was a little testy. While I understand that we need to sometimes fill the ranks with non-FOFCers at times, once we get cooking on Tues/Thurs I really think we should boot any non SG member. I have really come to look forward to our Tues/Thurs nights and outsiders, at least to me, infringe on that little patch of well manicured grass no matter good or cool they are. Any other time, it doesn't matter. Just my .02 cents.

Now hoops, as you can see I have started an Inv/Super Strength tanker that you graciously invited to the SG last night (twice) called Ramble. At first, I spent a lot of time looking over the secondary powers and Axe was by far the best offensive, but the downside for me was the recharge rates and end drain. The first iteration of Ramble was inv/axe but i then figured we already have Don with that, why not try another secondary and, in addition, I am trying to cook up a backstory for Ramble and Super Strength fits better as well.

So, I am going to work hard to get Ramble up in levels so you can feel free to bring Ike or Doc to the table when you want. Maybe we can hook up this weekend and "power level" old Ramble.

I think we have found a decent combination of ATs

Silver = electicity Blaster (lots of damage from a distance)
Aucoin = emp defender (heal our asses) -- aka "Pretty Boy"
Comet = rad debuff def (help me hit shit that is red/purple)
Don = keep the majority of mobs busy so they aren't killing the rest of us
ProjVirus = killing machine
Albino = another damage guy (could easily be swapped with a blaster or paper towel)

That is a pretty good mix.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:37 AM   #733
Bonegavel

If you want to create a new character and have company, I just started a new Tank that is fresh out of outbreak on Victory: Ramble. I should be on tonight and am looking to team up with other lowbies to plow through the low levels.

I'm looking to get to the point where Don the Baptist can take some time off to visit the 3rd Eye Tatoo Factory.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:27 AM   #734
gi
College Prospect

I'll have a new Controller on Earth/Emp tonight. Unless I have a date....with a lady that has a third eye...
Old 07-30-2004, 09:33 AM   #735
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Man this is making me want to reload the game.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:34 AM   #736
gi
College Prospect

The only thing keeping me in this game is the fun I am having grouped with these guys and a friend of mine. The group is making it worth it.

Last edited by gi : 07-30-2004 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:40 AM   #737
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
While I understand that we need to sometimes fill the ranks with non-FOFCers at times, once we get cooking on Tues/Thurs I really think we should boot any non SG member. I have really come to look forward to our Tues/Thurs nights and outsiders, at least to me, infringe on that little patch of well manicured grass no matter good or cool they are. Any other time, it doesn't matter. Just my .02 cents.

Makes me feel a little better as to my booting Pulsarr last night.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:41 AM   #738
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, I have to go with my wife to pick up our son from the in-laws (he spent the week with them), so I'll probably be on a little later tonight with either Azure Hurricane (defender) or Black Claus (scrapper).
Old 07-30-2004, 10:04 AM   #739
OldSchool
High School Varsity

I'm reloading the beast now....I will be on as either
"Sniper 7" or "Web Brawler" if anyone wants to hook up!

edit - Sorry, I'm on Virtue. Hooked up with Toxic there and he said everyone was on Victory now. I'll make a character over there too but the characters listed above are on Virtue.

Last edited by OldSchool : 07-30-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #740
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry I bailed last night at midnight EST. I had a long bad day and was a little testy. While I understand that we need to sometimes fill the ranks with non-FOFCers at times, once we get cooking on Tues/Thurs I really think we should boot any non SG member. I have really come to look forward to our Tues/Thurs nights and outsiders, at least to me, infringe on that little patch of well manicured grass no matter good or cool they are. Any other time, it doesn't matter. Just my .02 cents.

Now hoops, as you can see I have started an Inv/Super Strength tanker that you graciously invited to the SG last night (twice) called Ramble. At first, I spent a lot of time looking over the secondary powers and Axe was by far the best offensive, but the downside for me was the recharge rates and end drain. The first iteration of Ramble was inv/axe but i then figured we already have Don with that, why not try another secondary and, in addition, I am trying to cook up a backstory for Ramble and Super Strength fits better as well.

So, I am going to work hard to get Ramble up in levels so you can feel free to bring Ike or Doc to the table when you want. Maybe we can hook up this weekend and "power level" old Ramble.

I think we have found a decent combination of ATs

Silver = electicity Blaster (lots of damage from a distance)
Aucoin = emp defender (heal our asses) -- aka "Pretty Boy"
Comet = rad debuff def (help me hit shit that is red/purple)
Don = keep the majority of mobs busy so they aren't killing the rest of us
ProjVirus = killing machine
Albino = another damage guy (could easily be swapped with a blaster or paper towel)

That is a pretty good mix.

Sniff, sniff...is Battleflag not loved?!?

What I think will be funny is that if you guys create new characters, you all probably will STILL out level me...
Old 07-30-2004, 02:33 PM   #741
OldSchool
High School Varsity

OK, I am Pyrodroid on Victory. Fire/Dev Blaster.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:35 PM   #742
Thomkal
Head Coach

Cometflash took recall friend with the level he gained last night, with the eventual goal of getting team teleport-which sadly means Proton Volley gets put off for a few levels. So you all owe me.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #743
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
Cometflash took recall friend with the level he gained last night, with the eventual goal of getting team teleport-which sadly means Proton Volley gets put off for a few levels. So you all owe me.

Sweet, but I finally got that travel power, which means I'm no longer useless on long distance missions...I loved huffing it to a mission over a mile away and entering while everyone was in the thick of battle (sarcasm).

Superspeed made me tear up last night, really, it did, I may last longer now...but it was a little unnerving accidently running into purple family mobs everywhere to get to the one mission last night...
Old 07-30-2004, 05:31 PM   #744
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Sniff, sniff...is Battleflag not loved?!?

What I think will be funny is that if you guys create new characters, you all probably will STILL out level me...

sorry, battleflag is loved. I just ripped that list from my weak memory and they jumped right out.

I'm going on now as Ramble.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:36 PM   #745
gi
College Prospect

My new Controller is online now...

Don and Ron have a sister....

Jon the Baptist
Old 07-30-2004, 06:40 PM   #746
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sounds like the rooks are out. May play my low-level Scrapper if that is what everyone is looking to do.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:41 PM   #747
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

And me at work
Old 07-30-2004, 07:30 PM   #748
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm jumping on with my level 7 earth tank Plinth if the lowbies can use me.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:56 AM   #749
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jon the Baptist was the ugliest woman ever coined by the easy-on-the-eyes character generation system in CoH. Once we got past that, it was kind of a retro feel tonight bumping around with a bunch of lower level characters. I don't think anyone got past eight, but no one finished up lower than five, right?

How far do we want to bring the lower level guys along before mixing them up as sidekicks with the higher level guys? There are obviously some level considerations for Perez/Boom/Faultline (and beyond) so I would expect we would want to try and get them in striking distance of their movement power in most cases before looking to sidekick.

It was good to see OldSchool making his way onto the Victory server. Although we didn't group with him, last I heard he was at Level 5 and drunk.

Quik, was wondering where you were tonight. I stayed up for awhile expecting that I would bump into you at some point. Oh well, other times.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:21 AM   #750
Bonegavel

I'm going to work hard getting a bunch of my guys to 14 minimum which will get them in most places and supply them with a travel power. Also, 14 should have a decent set of powers that will be useful when sidekicked. That way, for example, if Don wants to rest and Hoops wants to play Doc Evil on Tues/Thurs, I can take over as team Tank with Ramble.