Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2006, 10:05 PM   #701
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
OK - but why did you go E4 and then E5? Next time shoot a diag there and save yourself a move, unless you were doing that to be elusive or something ...

That spot was solid yesterday, based on the lukewarm responses that everyone else is giving.
No real reason. I knew I wanted to check a river location ala the California gold rush.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #702
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Desnudo, I'm going in. I've got the money as well and I don't trust anyone else at all.

Here were my actions yesterday:
AP1: E5
AP2: F6 (should have Path and Vince confirm this)
AP3 - AP5: Dig three times.

Path had enough money to buy the necklace (3 GP) and I suspect that he could have upped his offer from where he ended up.

Anyone who wants to watch me, get on board.

And I'm willing to take offers for what my remaining actions should entail, but I'm planning to go like this:

AP1: Police Station (C4)
AP2: Bribe official
AP3: C5
AP4: C6
AP5: Dig

Good job. I was hoping somebody would have the gold to do it. And I think you waited late enough to post it that hopefully no pirates watched you (and killed you). I think I would have hidden for my first AP though.

Good luck to you!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:27 PM   #703
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, for what it is worth I changed the order on my last three actions because I did leave a little time for someone to update their PMs. And I didn't want to get killed on the back end.

On the front end, I wanted to have the best opportunity to get to the jail before someone else did in front of me that I didn't trust. Ardent says that he has the money and I didn't want to arrive on AP3 only to find that he had already bribed the official in front of me. I'm not sure how a tie-breaker would work on this, but I'm quite sure how this would work if I'm one AP behind.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #704
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, that's certainly a surprise. I didn't catch this post earlier.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #705
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit, for what it is worth I changed the order on my last three actions because I did leave a little time for someone to update their PMs. And I didn't want to get killed on the back end.

On the front end, I wanted to have the best opportunity to get to the jail before someone else did in front of me that I didn't trust. Ardent says that he has the money and I didn't want to arrive on AP3 only to find that he had already bribed the official in front of me. I'm not sure how a tie-breaker would work on this, but I'm quite sure how this would work if I'm one AP behind.

But didn't barkeep say that 2 people could view the evidence?

Looking for the post now.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #706
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok I'm back and catching up. If I miss a question you asked and you'd like an answer please ask again.

You must buy an account but after that as long as you are at the bank it doesn't cost anything to Deposit or withdraw.

Any number of people can buy a service from the police. That wasn't clear. A player, however, may only buy each service once per day.

Handy Harry's was going to have some of the items at Elle's Emporium but I did not think there were enough items to warrant two stores and merged them. It's an artifact and I will remove it.

Here's the post I was talking about.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #707
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I'm waiting for a couple people to get back to me with the specifics of how they move, so no actions until closer to the "true" start of Monring at 9 Eastern; might not be til 9:30 depending. You may start voting, however.

If they haven't gotten back to me by morning I will roll a dice to decide how they move as people have now realized that there can be some importance in that.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-22-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #708
hoopsguy
General Manager

If that is the case then the more the merrier. But if this is interpreted the way you expect then I probably should have taken the opportunity to hide on AP1.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #709
Barkeep49
Coordinator

KWhit has the rule correct. It was previously unclear but has now been clarified in the rules.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #710
hoopsguy
General Manager

Shoot, was really hoping that this was going up tonight.

I'm out for a big portion of tomorrow. I have to travel into Indiana to meet with an adoption agency and I won't be back until early evening.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #711
hoopsguy
General Manager

I sent two messages to Barkeep this evening. He should post one of them, based on the findings from the bribe, with results tomorrow on my behalf.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:03 PM   #712
Desnudo
Coordinator

I sent KWhit 2 GP before I read any of this. Anyway, if your spidey sense went off when you read that AE had 4 GP, shouldn't ours being going off that you do too? Or did someone send you gold?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #713
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I sent KWhit 2 GP before I read any of this. Anyway, if your spidey sense went off when you read that AE had 4 GP, shouldn't ours being going off that you do too? Or did someone send you gold?

The issue was with AE's action point usage. He shouldn't have had the APs remaining to get 4 gps.

Either Barkeep made a mistake, or AE is lying and he's fleet of foot (or he's lying about how much gold he has or what his true actions were).
Old 02-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #714
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo, I posted my actions on Day 1 in Post #690. I have people who can confirm my first two moves and a 3rd party who seems to support the idea that I would have accumulated sufficient gold in the spot where I stated that I dug three times.

When we got wind that there was something fishy with the Day 1 movements posted by AE I decided that I wanted to push ahead with this action, even when I knew that I wasn't going to be around much tomorrow.

After last game I was trying to be a little less controversial on Day 1, but it felt like things were headed in a bad direction. So I acted.

You will have plenty of time to second-guess me come tomorrow after the results are up. I accept that. And if you want to start now before results are up I can't stop you ....
Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #715
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

I have to travel into Indiana to meet with an adoption agency .
You are being adopted? in all OOG seriousness, best of luck.

back in game, i dont think this needs alot of thought on my part, or explanation, except from Ardent

vote Ardent Enthusiast
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #716
hoopsguy
General Manager

In all OOG non-seriousness, I'm surprised that no one on this board has adopted me yet.

Actually have two agencies to see tomorrow, first in Chicago at 8:30 AM and the second in Indianapolis at 3PM. Then the drive home ... hope that I'm around for the deadline. But my vote was included in the message I sent Barkeep.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #717
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if people don't mind doing it during the evening cycle I would appreciate whatever help feel they can provide on the 4 GP cost to bribe the official. Heck, just go to the square I specified earlier to get the gold back

I would rather people do this during the afternoon/evening so it doesn't cost anyone movement points during the day cycle if they are moved by my sudden poverty. In all seriousness, spending 4 GP today and not having many actions to get funds back will put me a little behind in the race.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:52 PM   #718
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also, if people don't mind doing it during the evening cycle I would appreciate whatever help feel they can provide on the 4 GP cost to bribe the official. Heck, just go to the square I specified earlier to get the gold back

I would rather people do this during the afternoon/evening so it doesn't cost anyone movement points during the day cycle if they are moved by my sudden poverty. In all seriousness, spending 4 GP today and not having many actions to get funds back will put me a little behind in the race.
depending on how my dig went today, i will be able to give you at least 1 provided we are both still alive.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #719
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Desnudo, I posted my actions on Day 1 in Post #690. I have people who can confirm my first two moves and a 3rd party who seems to support the idea that I would have accumulated sufficient gold in the spot where I stated that I dug three times.

When we got wind that there was something fishy with the Day 1 movements posted by AE I decided that I wanted to push ahead with this action, even when I knew that I wasn't going to be around much tomorrow.

After last game I was trying to be a little less controversial on Day 1, but it felt like things were headed in a bad direction. So I acted.

You will have plenty of time to second-guess me come tomorrow after the results are up. I accept that. And if you want to start now before results are up I can't stop you ....

Just doing a little follow-up. If you call someone out for something that seems out of the ordinary, I think you should be willing to subject yourself to the scrutiny.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:03 AM   #720
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Just doing a little follow-up. If you call someone out for something that seems out of the ordinary, I think you should be willing to subject yourself to the scrutiny.

Meaning that you called him having 4 gp suspicious and then come out with the same amount yourself. Although having read the whole lead up, I think AE got caught with his pants down.

Vote Ardent Enthusiast
Old 02-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #721
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Path - does the necklace give you any abilities?

Not that I'm aware of yet.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:36 AM   #722
path12
Coordinator

I just put in my moves, sorry for the delay. I forgot about the 11 Eastern and thought I had until later, then got caught up with some family stuff.

Hoops, I can verify that you should be able to make the ID based on your morning move. I will also be glad to give you a GP assuming that I am alive after the morning.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #723
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think AE got caught with his pants down.

Vote Ardent Enthusiast

LMAO. I agree too.

Vote Ardent Enthusiast
Old 02-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #724
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
The issue was with AE's action point usage. He shouldn't have had the APs remaining to get 4 gps.

Either Barkeep made a mistake, or AE is lying and he's fleet of foot (or he's lying about how much gold he has or what his true actions were).

I'd think Barkeep would let everyone know if there was a mistake on his end, so I'm finding AE's moves odd.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:50 AM   #725
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I'd think Barkeep would let everyone know if there was a mistake on his end, so I'm finding AE's moves odd.

i have a little bit of a problem buying into the idea that barkeep wrote up a rule set that you have to be a member of mensa to understand, and then screwed it up himself the first day. and des, the issue isnt with the 4gp that AE says he has, it has to do with the fact that he would have needed 6 AP to get it, and his best explanation is "barkeep must have made a mistake"
Old 02-23-2006, 03:01 AM   #726
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i have a little bit of a problem buying into the idea that barkeep wrote up a rule set that you have to be a member of mensa to understand, and then screwed it up himself the first day. and des, the issue isnt with the 4gp that AE says he has, it has to do with the fact that he would have needed 6 AP to get it, and his best explanation is "barkeep must have made a mistake"

I know, that's why I voted for him. The 4 gp question I put to Hoops because he said that the fact that AE had 4 gp made him suspicious, but then had that same amount available himself.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:55 AM   #727
Vince
Pro Starter

Ugh, I didn't realize that our afternoon actions were due at 11 EST, or I would have already put them in -- sorry if I caused a delay guys. Work was hell tonight.

Not sure what to make of AE...I'll be curious to see what happens this afternoon.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:57 AM   #728
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Since I brought up the AP flaw, I thought I would bring up a way that AE could be correct. If Barkeep did take 2 APs for crossing the river, AE would still have an AP to get his first dig order in. He could have gotten the 4 gold with that one dig and Ardent thinking that his orders were correct would assume that he dug twice.

Which makes me throw out this question, did anyone else dig twice in the same square during morning 1? If so, when you received you results were you given a total amount of gold or were you told how much gold each dig action brought up?

I only dug once so I have no idea what message you would get if you dig in the same spot twice.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:43 AM   #729
Vince
Pro Starter

I work today from 11:30 AM until probably around 4:00 PM (Pacific Time), and I'll probably be asleep until about 11:00 AM. Continuing the 'probably' theme, I'll probably catch up, post some nonsensical bogusness while I'm tired, and make myself late to work in the process. I'll then see if I can get off work early to check out what's going on in the game. But in case I really am at work for that long, and I DON'T make myself late for work to continue playing this game, that's why I'm gone
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:54 AM   #730
hoopsguy
General Manager

I dug three times in the same square on Day 1. The message I got indicated the total amount of gold, not that I received the same amount on each and every one of my digs.

However, the rules indicate that you will receive a uniform amount of gold each time you dig in a square.

Quote:
Dig: You will dig for gold in your current square. May be used in any square except D4. A repeated dig may or may not result in more gold, though all digs on a particular square will result in the same amount of gold (0-5 gold pieces or GP).
Old 02-23-2006, 06:04 AM   #731
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo, here is where I was a little nervous on AE although I didn't fully express this at the time:

1.) We are looking for an agreed upon safe person to report the info on Blade after the bribe
2.) We are setting up a plan where we are giving money to this person
3.) I bring AE up as an option in my list of three people
4.) AE then says "I have all the money, I can make this easy for us"

While I appreciate the fact that someone wants to make it easy for us, I was a little nervous at the time because that made it more convenient to select him. The thought was "If Blade is a pirate, then the pirates need their guy to be the one viewing him". So I was just a little nervous that the guy that I had put in the list was now making it easy.

It was a little bit of trying to cover my own ass, I guess. If we found out later that AE was a pirate I didn't want that linkage back to me. And then when he looked suspicious I felt that pressure even more intensely. Which is why I decided to make my move - brive the official myself, publish my information on Day 1 movements, and see if I could reassert control of my destiny a little bit.

I generally play the game as a consensus-builder. This was a time where I felt that there wasn't sufficient time to build a new plan without giving an advantage to the pirates.

Anyways, that is the best explanation that I can offer on why the "spidey sense" was going off. Mainly self-preservation instincts more than not thinking that anyone could have 4 GP from Day 1. Obviously I knew that was entirely possible.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:43 AM   #732
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Desnudo, here is where I was a little nervous on AE although I didn't fully express this at the time:

1.) We are looking for an agreed upon safe person to report the info on Blade after the bribe
2.) We are setting up a plan where we are giving money to this person
3.) I bring AE up as an option in my list of three people
4.) AE then says "I have all the money, I can make this easy for us"

While I appreciate the fact that someone wants to make it easy for us, I was a little nervous at the time because that made it more convenient to select him. The thought was "If Blade is a pirate, then the pirates need their guy to be the one viewing him". So I was just a little nervous that the guy that I had put in the list was now making it easy.

It was a little bit of trying to cover my own ass, I guess. If we found out later that AE was a pirate I didn't want that linkage back to me. And then when he looked suspicious I felt that pressure even more intensely. Which is why I decided to make my move - brive the official myself, publish my information on Day 1 movements, and see if I could reassert control of my destiny a little bit.

I generally play the game as a consensus-builder. This was a time where I felt that there wasn't sufficient time to build a new plan without giving an advantage to the pirates.

Anyways, that is the best explanation that I can offer on why the "spidey sense" was going off. Mainly self-preservation instincts more than not thinking that anyone could have 4 GP from Day 1. Obviously I knew that was entirely possible.

While it is costly, I find it a shame we can't send two to view...then two to use Mike's Messenging service to state to everyone the findings (I'm assuming you can only PM /1/ person).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:09 AM   #733
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Since I brought up the AP flaw, I thought I would bring up a way that AE could be correct. If Barkeep did take 2 APs for crossing the river, AE would still have an AP to get his first dig order in. He could have gotten the 4 gold with that one dig and Ardent thinking that his orders were correct would assume that he dug twice.

Which makes me throw out this question, did anyone else dig twice in the same square during morning 1? If so, when you received you results were you given a total amount of gold or were you told how much gold each dig action brought up?

I only dug once so I have no idea what message you would get if you dig in the same spot twice.

nice taz, i get busy with team India at work and you claim credit for noticing what i knew instantly, but didnt have a chance to post

any way, the BS aspect of this is that i dug the same square, and only got 2 GP, plus he says her dug 2x for 2gp each dig. if all digs in the same square yield the same amount of gold, then he should have had 2 not 4.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:23 AM   #734
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
any way, the BS aspect of this is that i dug the same square, and only got 2 GP, plus he says her dug 2x for 2gp each dig. if all digs in the same square yield the same amount of gold, then he should have had 2 not 4.

Interesting.

The only other possibility is that the square gives 2gp per turn yield allowing AE to get 4gp in two digs, but ran out of gold after your first turn of digging.

I would imagine your PM would give some indication of that though.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:31 AM   #735
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Just wanted to follow up on this. I hid on the first action and therefore you couldn't find me. You should still have your 2gp.

I just wanted to make sure that:
1) You actually do still have your gp and there wasn't a mistake somewhere.
2) I'm not a prime target of the pirates because they think I'm rich, rich, rich!

Old 02-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #736
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Authorities were shocked to learn today that there was another murder on Blahoop. This time the victim was Desnudo who was found in square E5. The authorities say that the crime scene was quite bloody, but are refusing to comment further officially.

Unofficially one officer said "We don't really know what we're doing. I mean there's never been a murder here unless you count the time Cootie Caryn shot her husband for taking her dominios."

Officials say that they are not concerned that Blade was released from jail yesterday either.

"The man just didn't belong there," one police officer said.

Shady enters your Hut.

"Hmm we're missing quite a few people aren't we. I wonder where Grammaticus and Alan T are. A shame that they are going to miss out on this!"

Shady holds up an envelope.

"This here boys is your TICKET! If you think things are going poorly this has just the ticket you need."

Shady puts the envelope back in his pocket.

"Bidding is now open."

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-23-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #737
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Shame about Deadnudo...seem'd to 'ave more sense than most. Me I wents SW, didn't bump into anyone, but damned if I wasn't follow'd. Lost whoever it was, but they'd better come clean. Next time, I'll be whackin' them with my pioneer hat.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 02-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #738
Barkeep49
Coordinator

On behalf of Hoops:

Quote:
Blade is a PIRATE! Vote Ardent Enthusiast

Hoops revelation reminded me that I should have mentioned in the news that Blade was released from jail.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-23-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #739
KWhit
Coordinator

Crap. Lost Desnudo. That sucks.

Alan and Gramm are camping out.

And I wonder what the ticket is. Get out of jail free card?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #740
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
On behalf of Hoops:

Hoops revelation reminded me that I should have mentioned in the news that Blade was released from jail.

WOOT...got one...how do we kill him?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #741
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
On behalf of Hoops:

Blade was released!!?!?!?

Shit!

But I knew he was a pirate! At least we IDed one of them.

Vote Blade.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #742
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Why would law abiding treasure hunters kill someone? No no. You just will just have the police arrest them and let them deal with it.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #743
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't think we can unless we buy the gun.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:48 AM   #744
KWhit
Coordinator

We have to vote Blade back into the jail.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:49 AM   #745
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So you have to go to jail twice before you are lynched?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:00 AM   #746
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
So you have to go to jail twice before you are lynched?

It sounds like there is no "lynch." It's just sending them to jail.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #747
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
It sounds like there is no "lynch." It's just sending them to jail.

Well one of the pirates can bail one out, which is what I'm assuming happened. So it may be worthless putting Blade back in until we figure out who else is a pirate.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #748
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Well one of the pirates can bail one out, which is what I'm assuming happened. So it may be worthless putting Blade back in until we figure out who else is a pirate.

No way. If we trust hoops (and I do), then the only course of action in my mind is to put Blade back in the hoosegow.

Then we can get somebody to watch him if we want to ensure that he isn't broken out again.

Or.....

Thinking out of the box:
But it may be a decent strategy to just let the pirates keep breaking hi out if they want. It uses up AP and gold for them and would allow us to increase our amount of gold while they spin their wheels breaking him out every night.

They break him out - we put him back in.

Rinse, repeat, until they stop breaking him out or until we get 100 gp.

The issue here is that we won't find any more pirates, and I strongly suspect that AE is one now. But if we just want to try to race to 100gp, it might not matter.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #749
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Well I'm a placin' a trust in y'u and that there Hoops. Yer both clear in m'mind, though I don't fancy yer diggin up me gold.

Still not liking RA, but I'll let him simmer enough to ignore me, til he proves himself useful.

As for ArdvarkEnthusiast, fair deal in mah book that he's bad news and sh'ld be put in tha clink.

Vote Blade

I 'new sporkyhead was bad news, enjoy the bars again butterknife!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #750
KWhit
Coordinator

It's too quiet in here.