Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2007, 11:17 PM   #701
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I would implore you to closely read over some of the suggestions that were given yesterday, that may have slipped under the radar, by some of the more under the radar players.

Still wondering about this.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #702
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I really should be showering and sleeping, but I can't put down the game.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #703
st.cronin
General Manager

Not sure if our bodyguard is still around, but I think Swaggs might be a good choice for a protection order tonight.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #704
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
My sincere apologies tangle, between kids this afternoon and tennis this evening I missed my vote tonight. I should have put one in earlier and let it ride. My vote would not have mattered as I would NOT have voted for AE at this time, I just don't have enough faith that he is a replicant yet.

And a side note: *I* wrote an entire post about the possibility that DT was one of the big whigs, but it seems no-one noticed.

Who would have gotten your vote?
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #705
twothree
College Prospect

I do think at least one under the radar player, that includes myself, will turn out to be a wolf.

I don't work tommorow, so I will be on the boards most of the day. And will definitely be on when the vote is due, unless I am killed by the wolves tonight.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #706
twothree
College Prospect

Also, I now think ardent enthusiast and RendeR are both human because they both missed a vote. Something I don't think a wolf would do. Especially when the rules read that you must cast a vote.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 PM   #707
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
Also, I now think ardent enthusiast and RendeR are both human because they both missed a vote. Something I don't think a wolf would do. Especially when the rules read that you must cast a vote.

There have been plenty of games where wolves missed votes, at least once that I recall where it was done intentionally.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #708
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
There have been plenty of games where wolves missed votes, at least once that I recall where it was done intentionally.

WW has exceptions to every rule.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #709
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Still wondering about this.

If you were Deckerd or Holden, who would you have viewed last night?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #710
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure if our bodyguard is still around, but I think Swaggs might be a good choice for a protection order tonight.

I would think that the androids would rather see me take heat tomorrow, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #711
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
If you were Deckerd or Holden, who would you have viewed last night?

Well, usually when I'm the seer, on night 1 I scan whoever I voted for. On day 1, I encouraged our Blade Runners to go for utr players. I might have gone for Lathum or LoneStarGirl, maybe ntndeacon. Somebody who makes a good wolf.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #712
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, I still have no idea what you're getting at, though.

knives out
Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #713
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:

Well, if someone misses a vote, when the rule says everyone must vote, then I hope there is some "penalty" for missing that vote. Like LoneStarGirl asked about in post 672.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #714
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
dola, I still have no idea what you're getting at, though.

Wouldn't you have considered looking at AE or me?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #715
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Wouldn't you have considered looking at AE or me?

No.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #716
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Time for bed. Up way too early in the morning for some safety training and then I'll be back.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #717
twothree
College Prospect

Here are my thoughts on DaddyTorgo possibly being Tyrell/Sevastian. Based upon the second victory condition for the wolves,

"The replicants win ...if they find both the players designated Tyrell and Sebastian."

If someone who was Tyrell/Sebastian is sent to Mars (voted off) then I think the wolves can't satisfy this condition unless Priss (or another wolf) can use their ability to scan players who have been sent to Mars (voted off).

Furthermore, if either Tyrell or Sebastian is killed then the wolves can't satisfy that condition. At least by my interpretation of the word "find" in "if they find both the players". My interpretation may be wrong.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:19 AM   #718
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
Furthermore, if either Tyrell or Sebastian is killed then the wolves can't satisfy that condition.

I take that back. If they find/scan both Tyrell and Sebastian before Tyrell and Sebastian are killed then the wolves would earn the victory.

This game could be a quick win for the wolves.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:56 AM   #719
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Some thoughts on Tyrell/Sebastien and Swaggs and AE.

The similar memories seems to indicate at least one of these two is a replicant, likely Leon. I find it hard to believe in a Blade Runner game that two such players could share a memory, and not have at least one replicant there. I don't believe they're both replicants. because the rules suggest there are three, and I don't believe Priss or Roy would have matching memories with a human and allow that fact to get out. Leon I could see as a potential convert who doesn't realize he is a replicant, but not the other two.

Since I think one of either AE or Swaggs is a replicant, I don't think either are Tyrell or Sebastien. I don't think you would have a standout "shared dream" involving a major role, as that would be a lightning bolt for attention. It would be a possible death threat to Tyrell or Sebastien, especially considering their demise is tied into the wolves' "quick victory".

So for that reason, I recommend we do not protect AE or Swaggs but instead other potential Sebastiens or Tyrells, assuming we haven't lost the BG yet. I do recommend that Deckard consider scanning (if he already hasn't) and taking out one of the two, but take care--if the replicant among the two is indeed Leon, he could kill Deckard in the attempt, according to the rules.

I will be around again in the late afternoon, as I was today, although I am hoping to be home much sooner.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:02 AM   #720
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'll probably be gone most of the day. If for some reason I am dead I saw something in Alan's later posts that lead me to believe he is good. FWIW.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:36 AM   #721
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wait a second. We're talking Blade Runner here? No kidding? That's cool.

I'll say this much, if Swaggs is so incredibly positive that "I" am the replicant, then the PMs were clearly hosed. Apparently we're all human if he isn't lieing...at least we all *think* we are based on our PMs.

If that's the case, we're in for a rather sucky game, IMO.

Still, I hold tight to my PM, which I still don't get me sharing my PM info. It wasn't a direct quote, I've done it before, and I think the only reason whoever is hung up on it is I added the
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent rules
tags.

So be it.

When this day ends, if neither Swaggs or I are gone, there's something wrong...save some seer coming out to say differently.

I'll fall on the friggin sword if need be to get Swaggs out of here the next round, but I'm afraid he'll talk you out of it after I'm gone. I'll still do it, but I'd really hate to take an exit to someone who claimed the same stuff I did after me.

Swaggs kept saying, "What kind of dumb play would it be for me to come out with that?"

Oh yeah, and how dumb would have been for me to do the same, or is it just a dumb move if he did it?

I'm just sayin'.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #722
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'll probably be gone most of the day. If for some reason I am dead I saw something in Alan's later posts that lead me to believe he is good. FWIW.

Ahh great, I'm going to be the night kill tonight aren't I?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #723
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I'll say this much, if Swaggs is so incredibly positive that "I" am the replicant, then the PMs were clearly hosed. Apparently we're all human if he isn't lieing...at least we all *think* we are based on our PMs.

Quote:
I'll fall on the friggin sword if need be to get Swaggs out of here the next round, but I'm afraid he'll talk you out of it after I'm gone. I'll still do it, but I'd really hate to take an exit to someone who claimed the same stuff I did after me.

I don't blame you one bit, other than the fact that you didn't make any kind of move on me yesterday. I suspect it is because you know I am not one of the power roles (like one of the Blade Runners or the bodyguard).

Quote:
Swaggs kept saying, "What kind of dumb play would it be for me to come out with that?"

Oh yeah, and how dumb would have been for me to do the same, or is it just a dumb move if he did it?

I'm just sayin'.

If I'm one of the three androids, what good does it do for me to bring myself to the forefront? Half the players in this game have not shared their dreams, so I could have easily done that and stayed in the background without drawing any attention to myself. There is no way that I, as a replicant, would know near enough about you on day 1 (prior to any night actions that might give us some seer info) to think that it would be a good idea to make a 1-for-1 trade to knock you out of the game. It makes absolutely zero sense, in a game where the replicants need to either get a 1:1 ratio or stay alive long enough to ID (and keep alive) two humans to win, for me to trade myself for you if I am a bad guy.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 AM   #724
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Once again the news this morning has a morbid tinge as the reporters seem almost gleeful at another murder to report. This time it is KWhit who had the misfortune to have encoutered the replicants at night. A second innocent human fallen by their wrath.

Day 3 deadline is 9pm EST
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:00 AM   #725
Swaggs
Coordinator

Absolutely as I suspected.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #726
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'll go back and post why right now.... I need to dig a bit.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #727
st.cronin
General Manager

KWhit?

/scratches head

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #728
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Man I'm glad Swaggs has a theory.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #729
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Man I'm glad Swaggs has a theory.

ditto

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 09:09 AM   #730
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So it's interesting position we're in with AE and Swaggs. On the one hand, there's a chance that one of them is an unknowing replicant. I came around to this position last night, rather than thinking someone else, as it would be a nice balance to the no reveals. 2 starting wolves in a field of 18 seems more fair given the conditions. So I am now of the thought that one of them is an unknowning replicant.

This means that they can be absolutely trusted to act as a villager, because well they are unknowing (I see it unlikely that either of them would have converted since we've had a night kill each night). On the other hand they are a menace to the village in the long run. So AE and Swaggs are both among my most trusted and most likely that I'll vote for, if that makes sense.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:15 AM   #731
Swaggs
Coordinator

Selected KWhit Posts:

Post #136 (Monday)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
So Deckard and Holden can tell who is a Replicant and who isn't. Due to the strange nature of their similar dreams, I suggest that they scan Swaggs and Ardent today (or tonight - not sure if it's a day action or night action).

And just to avoid the possibility of them both scanning the same guy, I'll through out this proposal:

Deckard scans Swaggs.
Holden scans Ardent.

I know it's early, but I wanted to through this out for discussion at least. It's something tangible to start with, which is extremely rare for day one.

I also think it speaks well of Swaggs' human-ness that he came out and mentioned the dream similarity. If he was a replicant (and knew that he was), I seriously doubt he would have brought that to our attention.

Post #162 (Monday)
Quote:
Am I the only one that thinks it odd and highly suspicious that Ardent and Swaggs have the same memories/dreams?

Post #430 (Yesterday)
Quote:
Well, I'm still looking at Ardent/Swaggs. The dream thing is still odd to me.

Post #469 (Yesterday)
Quote:
Vote Ardent.

Three reasons:
  1. I still think there's something to the tennis dream.
  2. He missed last night's vote.
  3. He has been basically non-existant in the game so for, so even if he does happen to be human, we're not going to lose any analysis.

I think KWhit was one of the two Blade Runners.

His first post, he puts out a simple request, looking for a plan, that I would imagine few folks paid attention to, but I bet the Blade Runners did.

His second post, he reinforces it, without beating it into the ground, trying to be subtle I suspect.

Third post, he is back on track.

Fourth post, he puts out a somewhat proactive vote against AE, using (as I said yesterday) somewhat lame reasons, not wanting to completely give himself up.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #732
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wow. That's really good work Swaggs.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #733
Swaggs
Coordinator

I should add that one of the points I was trying to subtly get at yesterday was that KWhit made the original post and I believe (hope) that it was acted on AND no one voted for me yesterday, while KWhit voted for AE.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM   #734
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't see any flaws in what Swaggs has suggested.

Vote AE
Old 07-19-2007, 09:19 AM   #735
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, do you know if you were scanned?

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #736
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just thought of a potential dealbreaker in this, but I think this portion of the rules covers it:

From Post #1
Quote:
One note that is important and unusual in this game is that roles and alliegences are not revealed for players who are shiped off to Mars. Any player who is violently killed at night by the Replicants or by a Blade Runner will have whether they are a human or replicant stated. However, they will not have their role, if any, stated.

This seems pretty clear that a Blade Runner, if violently killed, will be revealed as a human without their role given.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #737
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The similar memories seems to indicate at least one of these two is a replicant, likely Leon.

Interesting theory. If either AE or Swaggs is Leon, then it makes perfect sense for them to come out like they have. They are encouraging Deckard to come after them so they can take him out.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #738
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, do you know if you were scanned?

No idea.

If I was, I wasn't told.

If anyone else was scanned, at this point there have probably been 4-6 scans, they should be able to tell us whether or not they received notification.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:22 AM   #739
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I think we need to drop the idea of there being a unknowing replicant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
Replicants - One of the three replicants that have escaped from Mars, they each come in their won flavour.

If they escaped from Mars, they already know that they are replicants.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #740
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
No idea.

If I was, I wasn't told.

If anyone else was scanned, at this point there have probably been 4-6 scans, they should be able to tell us whether or not they received notification.

Well, I can clear this up. I was scanned night 1. I was not only told I was scanned, I was told who scanned me, and was told the player's role - I was scanned by Holden.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #741
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I think we need to drop the idea of there being a unknowing replicant.

If they escaped from Mars, they already know that they are replicants.

Wow.. good catch. Although I suppose theoretically they could believe that they were sent to Mars incorrectly and escaped because of that.. but I think that stretches things even further.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #742
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

KWhit was not Holden. The player who scanned me is still in the game.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #743
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I can clear this up. I was scanned night 1. I was not only told I was scanned, I was told who scanned me, and was told the player's role - I was scanned by Holden.

Provided you are telling the truth, and I see no reason for you not to be, then it seems clear that I was not scanned and that you climb up a bit in my CoT, as no one voted for you yesterday.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #744
st.cronin
General Manager

Swaggs, it also means that if you're correct, then KWhit was Deckard, and must have scanned ardent. Based on his posts, I think that's a little unlikely. I think he would have pushed a little harder.

Still, its enough for me.

Vote Ardent Enthusiast

I'm still willing to vote for Render or somebody else, depending on what comes out.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #745
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Vote St. Cronin!!!!

I was scanned last night.. I was told the players name, NOT which character. And St. Cronin and I have the same thing with the same dream as AE and Swaggs have (based on his description of his dream, I think we got the exact same PM).
Old 07-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #746
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
dola

KWhit was not Holden. The player who scanned me is still in the game.

Seems like you gaining the actual identity of the person who scanned you would give us a great advantage in building a CoT. If that person is still alive, then you + the person they scanned last night would know their identity and be able to vote with them. If I am wrong about KWhit being a Blade Runner, then that could potentially give us a block of six people in a CoT (the two Blade Runners and the four people they have scanned).

I'm not sure what to do with that info exactly, but it seems like we could break the game open by cutting down our suspect list by about half and having a very solid voting block. Thoughts?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:33 AM   #747
st.cronin
General Manager

Telle, to me all that means is that you weren't scanned by Holden. It means you were probably scanned by a replicant.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #748
Swaggs
Coordinator

This just got very interesting.

Telle, who was the character that scanned you and what did you leaern?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #749
RendeR
Coordinator

Very intersting.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:35 AM   #750
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Telle, to me all that means is that you weren't scanned by Holden. It means you were probably scanned by a replicant.

No, it was very specific that the Voight-Kampff test was used. In the rules they said that one replicant can use her seduction techniques to find out a role, which is completely different.