Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #701
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

why is the board time an hour wrong?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #702
Izulde
Head Coach

Depressing news. Guess this makes Okoung a lock at #4 then and Clausen drops a few more spots.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #703
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Crazy trade. I don't see the Redskins being much better with McNAbb.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #704
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
McNabb has been traded to the redskins for the 37th pick this year and either 3 or 4 next year.

Thanks Donovan.

NO! I can't believe they traded him in the division

Kolb better be great very soon.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #705
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well... the Redskins trading up to get Bradford goes by the wayside.. I really wanted the Rams to get McNabb and I don't see why you would trade him in the same division.

The Rams might as well trade Steven Jackson, because I have the feeling they are going to draft Bradford and by the time he might make an impact, Jackson will be done.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #706
Radii
Head Coach

I am stunned that Philly traded him within the division.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #707
QuikSand
lolzcat

Wow.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #708
rjolley
College Starter

McNabb, Portis, Larry Johnson, and Willie Parker in the same backfield. COuld be interesting...
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #709
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
McNabb, Portis, Larry Johnson, and Willie Parker in the same backfield. COuld be interesting...

Hell of a team -........3 years ago

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #710
molson
General Manager

Maybe I missed something in the off-season, but - why were the Eagles so desperate to get rid of McNabb?

Last edited by molson : 04-04-2010 at 08:11 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #711
Subby
lolzcat

Wow. WTF?

Hooray Washington Shortcuts!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #712
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post

You just described my last 10 attempts at fantasy football. "Is Wayne Chrebet still available?"
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #713
Subby
lolzcat

I wonder where Campbell is going to go now - maybe St. Louis to start as Bradford develops?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #714
RedKingGold
College Starter

Wow. I'm in shock that McNabb would be traded to a division rival..for so little.

This must mean that the other offers for McNabb had to be really, really, low. Right?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #715
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Maybe I missed something in the off-season, but - why were the Eagles so desperate to get rid of McNabb?

They're in love with Kolb. No different than the Favre/Aaron Rodgers scenario with the Packers a few years ago. McNabb was never completely Reid's guy, but Kolb is everything Reid/Banner want in a quarterback.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #716
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post

With Shanahan as the coach, there might be some mileage left in the backs. He was able to do wonders with a RB-by-committee in Denver. It'll be interesting to see if he can get something out of that trio plus McNabb taking the snaps with Campbell learning from him.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #717
JediKooter
Coordinator

I have to echo the sentiment about trading him to a divisional rival. Definitely a WTF? move.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #718
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well...this is interesting. I've come to grips with him being traded, but the Redskins is a bit of a surprise. This will make watching the local game a bit easier though.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #719
Izulde
Head Coach

Eagles are stockpiling draft picks it seems.

This was a Friday trade, but I didn't see it posted here, so I thought it was interesting combined with the McNabb news.

Eagles*trade Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong to Browns - NFL - SI.com

Old 04-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #720
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
NO! I can't believe they traded him in the division

Kolb better be great very soon.

+1

When I heard about Oakland I thought it was perfect so we wouldn't have to play him for 3 years.

I don't want to have to face him twice a year. Plus I wanted to be able to root for him if the Eagles season(s) went into the crapper. I sure can't do that with him being a Redskin.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #721
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

"With the addition of Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, and now Donovan Mcnabb you have to say the Redskins are the favorites to win the 2007 NFC east championship."

-----
Saw that posted on-line somewhere...which to that I have to add- I hear Marvin Harrison is still available.

But really I think this is a great trade for the Redskins. Still can't believe the eagles would ship a pro-bowl QB to a division Rival, surely they had to have other offers out there?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #722
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sad to see Fast Willie leave the Steelers. I was hoping that he would find a starting job if he left, but it looks like he will be the 2nd or 3rd option for the Redskins. I think he could probably find more carries in Pittsburgh than in Washington (assuming no injuries).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #723
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Wow. I'm in shock that McNabb would be traded to a division rival..for so little.

This must mean that the other offers for McNabb had to be really, really, low. Right?

The other suitors that were even close to what the Eagles wanted were
Buffalo and Oakland and McNabb refused to go either and extend his contract.Basically he had the Eagles by the cajones and squeezing real hard if they wanted something back. The other option was cutting him because I just couldnt see him functioning in Philly anymore....
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #724
JS19
College Prospect

Crazy trade, but as a Giants fan, pretty happy about it. If Kolb doesn't perform as the Eagles hope, they won't be nearly as effective, and McNabb will probably make the Skins more competitive, but I don't see him making them a dominant team. Should make for an interesting NFC East, although it usually is anyhow.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:58 AM   #725
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post

Not really. It's Shanahan's MO. Gather as many backs as he can. Look for him to sign a couple more interesting also-rans to throw in the mix, and he'll draft a back with his first rounder, too.

That should insure that my frustration with him as a fantasy player will continue, to go hand in hand with my longstanding general dislike for him as a coach.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:00 AM   #726
NewIdentity
High School JV

McNAbb was due a $6 million roster bonus in May.

I am not understanding all the comments about Washington no longer drafting a QB with their 1st pick? I still believe they will be taking Clausen at number 4.

Not sure how adding a 35 year old QB would change the future plans of the Redskins. they still desperately need a franchise type QB for their future.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:37 AM   #727
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
McNAbb was due a $6 million roster bonus in May.

I am not understanding all the comments about Washington no longer drafting a QB with their 1st pick? I still believe they will be taking Clausen at number 4.

Not sure how adding a 35 year old QB would change the future plans of the Redskins. they still desperately need a franchise type QB for their future.

He's 33 right now.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:24 AM   #728
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
He's 33 right now.
Your right. This year he will be 34 and playing in his 12 season.

I still believe the Redskins will go with Clausen in the draft.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 04-05-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #729
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

yeah, not real stoked about this one. if oakland is football hell than dc is purgatory. no amount of shanahan wizardry can make up for the holes in that roster. i'm sure they'll put a good squad together but it'll take time. be interesting to see if he signs long term.

at least the eagles blogosphere seems to be in full on wtf mode. so that's fun.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #730
spleen1015
Coordinator

Smart people, does this mean the Redskins draft something other than QB with that 1st round pick?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #731
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

If anything, I think this underscores the Skins desire to take a QB #1.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #732
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Smart people, does this mean the Redskins draft something other than QB with that 1st round pick?

who knows. last time he took a qb in the first plummer took his ball and went home.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #733
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I think you're all nuts if you think the Redskins draft a QB in the first round. Feel free to quote this if I am wrong.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #734
Butter
Coordinator

Well one thing in the draft is for certain.

The Lions will take a WR in the first round.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #735
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I just can't see the redskins taking a QB- they are signing old players- you don't do that to develop a QB- you get a stud LT, or DT and try to make a run in a small window. Now it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them jump back into the late 1st round to mid second round and pick up a 2nd tier QB.

Call my crazy but in 5 years I think Colt McCoy might be the best QB out of this draft.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #736
SteveMax58
College Starter

Wow...shocked that the Eagles have that much confidence in Kolb/Vick/whatever.

Does anybody see this as an opportunity for the Eagles to get rid of Reid? Or is Reid supposed to be an (the) advocate for this? I'm looking at it as if the Eagles go 6-10 or something (i.e. Kolb stinks/gets hurt, Vick stinks/gets hurt, they cant run the ball, defense is just average, etc.) this would give them the chance to bring in a coach they feel could get them a ring (where Reid could not).

Maybe thats just speculation but I really dont see why you make this move (to Washington) if you are Philly and you want to be competitive this year. They have to realize they are going to have 2 games this season (and thereafter) that are going to be even tougher to win than usual.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #737
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cuz beating Washington is usually such a tall order?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #738
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I think you're all nuts if you think the Redskins draft a QB in the first round. Feel free to quote this if I am wrong.
All the experts are behind you on this. Everyone is now saying that the Redskins are no longer interested in drafting a QB in the 1st round.

If you look at the timing; hours after Clausen worked out in Washington the Redskins were on the phone overpaying for McNabb it looks like Washington has changed their minds a Clausen.

I still think drafting a QB, who could sit behind a veteran for a couple of years, in the 1st would be the smart move for the skins.
Michael Jordan
Old 04-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #739
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As someone who has enjoyed the Eagles this past decade because fo Mcnabb, I'm no longer gonna root for the Eagles, or watch their games on TV when i get a better choice, because I want to see McNabb play.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #740
chesapeake
College Starter

I've seen this movie before in Washington. A new old coach comes in. The Danny convinces him that they are just a couple of big names away from winning this thing. They trade a bunch of picks and spend a bunch of money acquiring the aforementioned big names that will surely put them over the top. Then they lose, just like they have done since this guy bought the team.

I will say that there is no team more exciting to watch in the offseason than the Washington Football Team.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #741
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
I still think drafting a QB, who could sit behind a veteran for a couple of years, in the 1st would be the smart move for the skins.

Although I generally agree, it would be hard to draft a guy #4 and sit him for 3-4 years with the amount of money you'd be paying him. I do think they will draft a QB of the future because the word is they are convinced that it isn't Colt Brennan, but I would expect him to be a later 1st day pick.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #742
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post

I agree. No way do you take a QB #4 overall in this day and age when you just traded for a quality QB that has 3 or 4 years left at least.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #743
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

skins offered haynesworth to eagles

chortle
Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #744
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Although I generally agree, it would be hard to draft a guy #4 and sit him for 3-4 years with the amount of money you'd be paying him. I do think they will draft a QB of the future because the word is they are convinced that it isn't Colt Brennan, but I would expect him to be a later 1st day pick.
I said a couple not 3-4 years. McNabb should be able to squeak out a couple years. I don't seek McNabb in the NFL in 4 years at age 38.

BTW. They had their QB of the future on their team last year, and his name was Chase Daniel, before they cut him. Now all Chase has is his Super Bowl ring for memories of his first year in the NFL.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 04-05-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #745
Thomkal
Head Coach

I can only imagine what the fury will be in Philly should the Redskins now beat the Eagles twice this season and/or beat them in a late in the year game (and you know there will be one scheduled for late in the season now) and knock them out of the playoffs. I don't really have a problem with trading McNabb-he's closer to the end of his career than the start and never won the Super Bowl despite his playoff appearances. But trading a still very good QB to a divisional rival that only increases that team's chances of doing better in the division now? Don't get it, unless it really was the only offer they got. I still trade him to Buffalo or Oakland even if the deal wasn't as good over Washington.

You don't honor a players years of service by trading him to where its a good fit for him first if it means trading him to a team you'll have to face at least twice during the season and potentially hurting your team in the process.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #746
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
who knows. last time he took a qb in the first plummer took his ball and went home.

Cutler?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #747
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I've seen this movie before in Washington. A new old coach comes in. The Danny convinces him that they are just a couple of big names away from winning this thing. They trade a bunch of picks and spend a bunch of money acquiring the aforementioned big names that will surely put them over the top. Then they lose, just like they have done since this guy bought the team.

My sentiments exactly. They try to NY Yankee their way to success with assembled shiny baubles and most often fail.

I'm torn about how much impact this has on Washington -- they didn't give up all that much to land him, but 11 seasons is an awful lot of mileage.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #748
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

You don't honor a players years of service by trading him to where its a good fit for him first if it means trading him to a team you'll have to face at least twice during the season and potentially hurting your team in the process.

Unless you are the Patriots sending Bledsoe to the Bills, giggling to yourself while Bills fans jack off all over themselves in anticipation.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #749
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

It was already mentioned in this thread, but is worth mentioning again. McNabb has to agree to sign an extension to make this trade work, and I think Washington was the only team he was willing to do that with. I don't blame him when the other options are Buffalo and Oakland.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #750
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Cutler?

right. maybe that's in the back of shanny's mind. maybe not. depends on if this is just a one year rental. i still think mcnabb wants to go to zona.

according to the internetz he had the choice of dc or oak. minus the stigma, oak didn't look that bad from what little i saw of them last year. shurg