Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #701
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Yep...agreed. I'm willing to be commish...I mean...if everyone is ok with that of course . I have a good amount of experience with the 360 leagues from a couple years back. I know there's a few dynasties going on the Xbox now. One is a full 12 team league (RFL) and the other is a smaller, 4 or 5 team league. I'll get a thread going over there for prelim stuff...groovy?

cool beans
Old 10-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #702
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

For any and all interested in a PS3 - FOFC driven NCAA 11 multiplayer dynasty...

PS3 NCAA 11 Dynasty prelim thread... - Front Office Football Central
Old 10-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #703
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Absolutely loving this game. Played a Dynasty game as #18 UC vs. #14 Oklahoma... won 34-31 in overtime (think my blood pressure went up).

The single player experience is so much more satisfying in NCAA than it is in Madden. I can't figure out how EA can get one football game so right and the other so wrong since they come from the same developer.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #704
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Wow.. stressful last night.. beat #16 Nebraska 23-12, but it was 16-12 for much of the 3rd-4th quarters.

Now I have to travel to OU to play the #11 Sooners.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #705
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Wow.. stressful last night.. beat #16 Nebraska 23-12, but it was 16-12 for much of the 3rd-4th quarters.

Now I have to travel to OU to play the #11 Sooners.

Watch out for the Sooner no-huddle! They killed me with that.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #706
Groundhog
Coordinator

I got killed by the Louisiana Tech no-huddle last night... I can only imagine what the Sooner no-huddler would be like.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #707
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Watch out for the Sooner no-huddle! They killed me with that.

This is year 2.. so that was quite a surprise last year, but they threw 2 int's and I held on for the win.. then lost to KST and Colorado.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #708
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is year 2.. so that was quite a surprise last year, but they threw 2 int's and I held on for the win.. then lost to KST and Colorado.

Ouch!

Still waiting for the inevitable beating I'm gonna take from either Louisville or Syracuse.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #709
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Does anyone else have to have a 12 pack of beer by their side when playing a game in their dynasty?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #710
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Does anyone else have to have a 12 pack of beer by their side when playing a game in their dynasty?

Ah...I remember what it was like to be single.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #711
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

CraigSca...

Were you interested in joining up with the PS3 league? I understand you're "horrible" at the game, but that would put you in the same class with everybody else . Let me know. I'd like to pick a conference and teams by Monday or Tuesday, and have the first games up and ready as soon as next weekend.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #712
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Ah...I remember what it was like to be single.

I wish...
Old 10-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #713
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Is there any difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, besides the cover?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #714
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't believe so.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #715
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I think the PS3 version can make you a piping hot cup of espresso. It's only available as an EA add-on though.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #716
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The ps3 version also has an MBBF mod that plays the Mizzou fight song repeatedly.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 10-22-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #717
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
The ps3 version also has an MBBF mod that plays the Mizzou fight song repeatedly.
I think Mike Anderson does the commentary on that mod, too, since he seems to be in the running for every job out there.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #718
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I think Mike Anderson does the commentary on that mod, too, since he seems to be in the running for every job out there.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #719
Groundhog
Coordinator

Year #3 is tough with Hawaii. Even though I've recruited two top-30 classes, my best players have graduated and my young guys are too young to make an impact, leaving me with WRs that can't catch and QBs that can't throw. Seriously, I just had 11 dropped passes - 3 of which were sure TDs - in a game and beat LTU 9-7 on a last second FG. My QB was 9/36. Youch.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #720
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Back from a week out of town, I made up for lost time with my NMSU dynasty this weekend. At the end of 2016, I was offered a spot in the Big 12 (replacing Colorado) and accepted. This was perfect since it gave me the opportunity to step up to a better conference without changing teams.

We won our first 3 non-conference games easily and then took on #22 OKST on the road, where we somehow demolished them 40-3 (3 fumble return TDs will do that for you, I guess). Then we hosted TAMU in a wild game we won 45-31 despite 7 TOs (6 INTs!). They turned it over 5 times, though. It was a crazy game. It was both way closer and not as close as the final score, if that makes any sense (I was losing 21-17 at one point in the 3rd quarter, then had a 45-24 lead before they hit a meaningless 80-yard TD as time expired).

That set up out biggest game of the year at #9 Texas. My D gave them everything between the 20s, and then kept holding them out of the endzone. I got an INT TD to take an early 10-3 lead, and then Texas kept chipping away with field goals to take a 12-10 lead. On my 3rd INT of the game (yes, I've thrown 9 INTs in my last 2 games!), they finally took it down and scored a TD, and I figured I was done at 19-10. But my offense finally got going, we converted a huge 4th-and-5 from the Texas 38 and we scored to make it 19-17 going into the 4th quarter. Then my D took over and shut them down, I got the ball back, scored another TD with 4 minutes to go, added the 2-point conversion to go up 25-19, stopped them, got the ball back, and ran out the clock to pick up the win.

So we're ranked #12 now, 6-0 and 3-0 in the Big 12. The problem I'm having with INTs is that I'm so used to being able to complete passes across the middle against inferior teams that I automatically throw the ball when the receiver makes his cut, and against the better teams, the Safety is jumping the route and picking those passes off. that doesn't happen against the crap teams. I can't keep doing that and expect to win.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #721
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The problem I'm having with INTs is that I'm so used to being able to complete passes across the middle against inferior teams that I automatically throw the ball when the receiver makes his cut, and against the better teams, the Safety is jumping the route and picking those passes off. that doesn't happen against the crap teams. I can't keep doing that and expect to win.

Yup, I have the same problem. Against bad teams I'll throw probably 1 pick a game, usually just a horrible throw where I panicked and hit pass, or I get hit while throwing and it wobbles straight to a defender. Against good teams, I throw 3 picks in the first half, and then stick to 5 yard passes out of fear.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #722
Comey
College Starter

In the first year of my dynasty, Boise State and Nevada are both undefeated, and ranked 3rd and 4th in the polls (respectively), behind Penn State (me) and Ole Miss (zuh?). We just crushed Michigan State in a game that shocked me, 48-17, to finish off the Big Ten undefeated (11-0 overall).

I went to look at Boise State's schedule, because I was curious as to when they played Nevada. Both sit atop the MAC at 6-0.

Then I noticed something odd.

They....don't....play one another.

They aren't scheduled to, that is. That will create an imbalance of games in the WAC, as some have played eight, some have played six and will play two more. Boise State is 6-0, with one more game scheduled.

Has anyone else seen this? I think it may break my dynasty.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #723
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Lost to Oklahoma in double OT

I had missed a field goal earlier in the game and that cost us the game..
Old 10-28-2010, 06:39 AM   #724
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
In the first year of my dynasty, Boise State and Nevada are both undefeated, and ranked 3rd and 4th in the polls (respectively), behind Penn State (me) and Ole Miss (zuh?). We just crushed Michigan State in a game that shocked me, 48-17, to finish off the Big Ten undefeated (11-0 overall).

I went to look at Boise State's schedule, because I was curious as to when they played Nevada. Both sit atop the MAC at 6-0.

Then I noticed something odd.

They....don't....play one another.

They aren't scheduled to, that is. That will create an imbalance of games in the WAC, as some have played eight, some have played six and will play two more. Boise State is 6-0, with one more game scheduled.

Has anyone else seen this? I think it may break my dynasty.

Hadn't noticed it, and I played 5 or 6 years in the WAC as NMSU. I didn't look at every team's schedule, but we all played 8 games (it always came down to me, Boise, and Fresno for the WAC championship). Never saw one of us with only 7 games.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #725
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I read something about that wac scheduling being screwed up but I thought they addressed it in the last patch. Are you all patched up?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #726
Ksyrup

I had one of those "Boys, we're no longer in the WAC" moments last night. 7-0, #9 NMSU at 1-5 Kansas St., and I throw another 5 INTs and can't do anything on offense. I'm down 13-10 with a minute left and driving when I throw my 5th INT - with 1 TO left and a minute to go, the game is basically over - when one of my guys strips the DB who picked off the pass and we recover. Two plays later, I hit the game-winning TD pass. And then for good measure, after 3 incompletions and a sack at their 10 gives me the ball with 11 seconds left, I throw another TD to win 24-13. And I shoulda lost. Now I'm ranked #6.

Ironically, my Big 12 schedule is worse, from a "top ranked opponents" standpoint, than if I was still in the WAC. Only OK St. is ranked among my opponents. Texas is now 5-3 and on a 3 game losing streak. I have 4-4 Missouri and 5-3 Nebraska left that seem to be my toughest games.

Oh, and I'm having a really difficult time recruiting 4 and 5 star players. NMSU is now a 5 star program, and I've snagged 4 or 5 4-stars, but last week 8 guys committed elsewhere and I had to scramble to add 8 or so 3-stars to my queue just to fill it out. I went after 3 centers with an open starting job just waiting, and all 3 committed elsewhere.

I also couldn't find that "pink diamond" bonus. I ahd a week where I didn't get any bonuses, so I went searching for the pink diamond thing and didn't see it. I have no clue what that is.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #727
FF
Mascot

Just curious, but what playbooks do you guys prefer? I'm running with the BYU playbook and really want to move towards something more balanced.

Ksyrup, in my OD it's taken me 2 or 3 seasons as Toledo at a 5* school before I had any 5* interested in my program. And don't forget about the JUCOs, I needed a stop gap last year at QB and got a 2* @ 70 ovr and this year I got a 3* C that is 77 ovr.

Last edited by FF : 10-30-2010 at 02:32 PM.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #728
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
Just curious, but what playbooks do you guys prefer? I'm running with the BYU playbook and really want to move towards something more balanced.

Ksyrup, in my OD it's taken me 2 or 3 seasons as Toledo at a 5* school before I had any 5* interested in my program. And don't forget about the JUCOs, I needed a stop gap last year at QB and got a 2* @ 70 ovr and this year I got a 3* C that is 77 ovr.

Do you want a pro style playbook? If so, take a look at Western Michigan or Rutgers. Good mix of 1 and 2 back sets with the QB under center, plus some shotgun.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #729
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just had an instand classic I gotta tell you guys about.

Ranked #5 at the end of the year, invited to the Fiesta Bowl against #6 Boise State.

Boise goes up early and I'm ineffective on offense (2 redzone INT's including one in the endzone)...20-10 with 4 minutes left. I manage to score with just under 3 minutes left after a long pass and then a pass from around the 12 or whatever.

Force a fumble on the kickoff...Boise State recovers. Manage to get them to go 3-and-out. Get the ball back...drive down to their 30...kick a 47yd field goal after stalling to tie the game.

Game goes into OT. We trade two scores apiece...and they miss their last extra point on the 2nd TD, so I end up winning 34-33!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #730
Ksyrup

So I had a strange and apparent bug fuck up a great Big 12 championship game for me today. I'm #4 12-0 NMSU playing #9 10-2 Oklahoma in a really fun, intense game. Tied 28-28 after 3, I hit a FG early in the 4th to take a 31-28 lead. With 1:40 left, I end up around my 40 yard line with a 4th-and 6. So I decide to angle put it as far as I can, and I perfectly place it just inside the OU 20 - the return man catches it straddling the out of bounds line. So as I gear up to play D, I see an "Official Review" on the screen as they show the returner catch the ball. Odd, right? What could they be reviewing? Next thing I know, OU has the ball at the 40. FUCK! I'm thinking the AI accidentily mistook my punt for a kick-off and called me for kicking out of bounds, giving them the ball at their 40. But then I realize - it's not at THEIR 40, it's on MY FUCKING 40!!! Next play 40 yard TD pass, and I get close but end up getting picked off at the 5 yard line to lose. So I quit the game - no way am I losing on a BS bug. And it ruined one of the best games I've played on NCAA11.

Anyone seen this? No way it was a valid play, right? Had to be some sort of bug that penalized me for kicking out of bounds and then gave them the ball where I kicked from, is what I'm thinking.

It's just a stupid game, but I am FUCKING PISSED!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-31-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #731
Ksyrup

Boise State ALWAYS misses an XP in games I've played against them (and that was nearly every year until I moved to the Big 12). It's a given.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #732
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Boise State ALWAYS misses an XP in games I've played against them (and that was nearly every year until I moved to the Big 12). It's a given.

They missed 2 in this game...I could hardly believe it. Missed their first one...so when it came to the OT one I was self-narrating like "well they could still miss this...they missed one earlier so it's not a given...OMG THEY MISSED IT!!!"
Old 10-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #733
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I had a strange and apparent bug fuck up a great Big 12 championship game for me today. I'm #4 12-0 NMSU playing #9 10-2 Oklahoma in a really fun, intense game. Tied 28-28 after 3, I hit a FG early in the 4th to take a 31-28 lead. With 1:40 left, I end up around my 40 yard line with a 4th-and 6. So I decide to angle put it as far as I can, and I perfectly place it just inside the OU 20 - the return man catches it straddling the out of bounds line. So as I gear up to play D, I see a "Official Review" on the screen as they show the returner catch the ball. Odd, right? What could they be reviewing. Next thing I know, OU has the ball at the 40. FUCK! I'm thinking the AI accidentily misttok my punt for a kick-off and called me for kicking out of bounds, giving them the ball at their 40. But then I realize - it's not at THEIR 40, it's on MY FUCKING 40!!! Next play 40 yard TD pass, and I get close but end up getting picked off at the 5 yard line to lose. So I quit the game - no way am I losing on a BS bug. And it ruined one of the best games I've played on NCAA11.

Anyone seen this? No way it was a valid play, right? Had to be some sort of bug that penalized me for kicking out of bounds and then gave them the ball where I kicked from, is what I'm thinking.

That's a messed up bug. You were totally justified in quitting the game, but I understand how irritating that is.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #734
Groundhog
Coordinator

They probably have a 50 rated kicker! I'm in my 3rd season and about half the teams in the WAC have crappy kickers and punters. Way too many missed XPs.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:28 PM   #735
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
So I had a strange and apparent bug fuck up a great Big 12 championship game for me today. I'm #4 12-0 NMSU playing #9 10-2 Oklahoma in a really fun, intense game. Tied 28-28 after 3, I hit a FG early in the 4th to take a 31-28 lead. With 1:40 left, I end up around my 40 yard line with a 4th-and 6. So I decide to angle put it as far as I can, and I perfectly place it just inside the OU 20 - the return man catches it straddling the out of bounds line. So as I gear up to play D, I see a "Official Review" on the screen as they show the returner catch the ball. Odd, right? What could they be reviewing. Next thing I know, OU has the ball at the 40. FUCK! I'm thinking the AI accidentily misttok my punt for a kick-off and called me for kicking out of bounds, giving them the ball at their 40. But then I realize - it's not at THEIR 40, it's on MY FUCKING 40!!! Next play 40 yard TD pass, and I get close but end up getting picked off at the 5 yard line to lose. So I quit the game - no way am I losing on a BS bug. And it ruined one of the best games I've played on NCAA11.

I had this happen to me in the very first game I ever played. Needless to say, I was surprised something like this made it into the final version (no more patches are coming) of the game.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM   #736
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
They probably have a 50 rated kicker! I'm in my 3rd season and about half the teams in the WAC have crappy kickers and punters. Way too many missed XPs.

Yeah this is still close to a game killer, I don't understand why they couldn't/didn't patch it. By season 3 of my SDSU dynasty almost every other team in the league is a 50/50 proposition on XP and as for FG over 20 yards - forget about it. Really makes the game easier than it needs to be. Should be such an easy fix, I don't understand.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #737
Kodos
Resident Alien

At least in offline dynasty, you can address it with create-a-player. Definitely a pain though.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #738
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm considering editing the kickers of all the teams in my conference at the very least. Might check the sim stats and see how these crappy kickers are doing in simulated games.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:00 PM   #739
Ksyrup

I haven't seen a huge number of bad kickers, but it seems to stick with the same teams over time. Like I said, Boise State always has a bad kicker - and I've been playing this dynasty for about 8 or 9 seasons.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #740
Groundhog
Coordinator

Must be something to do with recruiting tendencies? Maybe some teams are just never recruiting kickers?
Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #741
Ksyrup

I have had a hard time recruiting a kicker, so what I did was recruit a really good punter and made him my kicker and punter.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #742
Groundhog
Coordinator

I just grabbed the #12 kicker in my dynasty, though he's just 2-stars and I haven't seen his ratings yet.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #743
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
At least in offline dynasty, you can address it with create-a-player. Definitely a pain though.

There's no way to guarantee those kickers actually get recruited by the teams in your conference though. I created a bunch of west coast based kickers in year 1 of my dynasty and didn't see any of them get picked up by MWC teams. Unless I generate 15+ guys I don't think it's going to make much of a difference, and I'm not sure I have the patience to do that.

Also correct me if I'm wrong Groundhog, but I don't think there's anyway to edit attributes in-dynasty once you have started.

I actually just beat #4 TCU (a team way, way better than I am) 21-20 because they missed an XP earlier in the game and short field goals in the last 3 minutes. Really leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Combine that with some stupid, stupid CPU AI (letting the clock run down inside 2 minutes to have said crappy kicker try a 35 yard field goal he has 0 chance of making rather than moving the ball closer/trying to score a TD) and what should have been a great win or a close loss feels like I stole one.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #744
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - in my dynasty so far this year it's affected at least my games with TCU, Utah and Washington State. The best teams on my schedule seem to have the worst kickers so I'm not sure what the issue is but it's very annoying.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #745
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Also correct me if I'm wrong Groundhog, but I don't think there's anyway to edit attributes in-dynasty once you have started.

You are probably right, I hadn't tried, just assumed it was possible. Maybe pumping up the CPU's sliders when playing crappy kickers would help?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #746
bhlloy
Coordinator

I just thought of that - CPU now has 80 for FG accuracy in my dynasty. Hopefully it helps. If the better CPU kickers are too good, will probably just go in and edit it based on how terrible the CPU kicker is on a game by game basis.

Or EA could just take the 5 minutes that it would take to generate some more semi-decent kickers and make sure everybody is recruiting them as needed
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #747
Ksyrup

So I replayed my OU Big 12 championship game last night and won 20-14. Not quite as thrilling a game, but it hung in the balance until I was able to run out the clock. We played #11 9-3 UF in the Fiesta Bowl and beat them 34-17 to finish ranked #3 and 14-0.

I'll be headed into season #6 at NMSU next time I fire it up...
Old 11-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #748
Ksyrup

You know one thing I'd love to see implemented in this game - and I really have no idea if it is feasible because of the play clock issue - but I'd love for the games to be regulation 15 minute quarters, just move as fast they do now. I just like seeing drives take the correct amount of time (extrapolated out over a 15 minute quarter, so if you play 8 minute quarters and hold the ball 4 minutes, the drive shows as 7:30). I know that's pretty much impossible to work with the play clock situation, but I wonder if it's possible.

It's such a small thing, but I know it helped me get into the game more with the hockey games when I wanted to play 6 minute periods and the scoring times were more realistic because they sped the clock up. But again, hockey doesn't have the play clock issue, so my guess is it would be too complicated to work something out for football.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-01-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #749
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well.. I've now lost two in a row. Texas Tech was 1-5 and their hurry up offense just beat me to death. I gave up 46 points.. ouch!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #750
Groundhog
Coordinator

As soon as the CPU goes into hurry up mode, I get scorched. Can't stop 3 passes in a row from picking up a 1st down to save my life.