Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #701
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Alan, I think it is pretty clear that I am the Wizard.

I was trying to fish for more information from them and get them to continue working for us, but I correctly identified one of the Sun Members last night.

I'm assuming someone you identified as a sun member then couldn't be a shadow member. Would knowing who this is help us narrow down our suspects any further? I think this might be good to know right now.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #702
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Dola, I still think my action on you should prove that you aren't the last Shadow though Barkeep.. As my action would have blocked you from trying to convert Swaggs, thus you must have used a mundane action or failed on any magical action attempt.
Yeah it's why I want to believe you since your action does tend to clear me

SnDvls: Fair enough. Wasn't sure quite what to call it, which is why I clarified and stated exactly what I did so there could be no confusion.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #703
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
sorry but I have to dispute this even if you don't agree.

I used a potion of alertness to see you cast a spell and Mr. W who was also in our room leave our room for a time being. How would I have know you were in the same room as me with out the potion?

I said earlier in the day exactly what I had done and where though. I think the part about Mr.W is what gives your story more credence. I am a bit upset he chose to not answer the doubts about what he was up to in there when he was here earlier.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #704
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
So what was all the talk about knowing what his mundane power was? That was the only part of your statement that I objected to. You knew that his mundane power was that he had no mundane role?

Brian, without quoting the exact message that I received, it made two points:
1.) hoopsguy's role
2.) it also specifically told me that he did not have a mundane role

The assumption is that, if a player had both a magical role AND a mundane role, both would be revealed with the SoI.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #705
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I used a potion of alertness to see you cast a spell and Mr. W who was also in our room leave our room for a time being. How would I have know you were in the same room as me with out the potion?

I used a potion of alertness on Night 1 (which is how I identified KWhit), but I'm not the alchemist. Using a potion doesn't mean you made it.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #706
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm assuming someone you identified as a sun member then couldn't be a shadow member. Would knowing who this is help us narrow down our suspects any further? I think this might be good to know right now.

I don't believe revealing him would help us narrow down the list any further today.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #707
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The below post is what I am referring to. At 6:54am EST this morning I stated what I had done, pretty early in the day. Thats what I mean by you telling me what i had already said I had done doesn't help your story as much. The part about Mr.W is what I want to know more about. I personally didn't get any information about who was in the room with me last night. Should I ask for that info from Peregrine perhaps?

Quote:
I didn't learn anything new last night, I still have no items, knowledge of items or anything of the sort. My magical role ability was successful last night I was told, but I guess I don't learn the effects it might have had or what the end result was. I was told that nothing else happened last night. I chose to sleep in the Chamber of Rest, but my PM didnt say anything about it being overbooked or such, so I assume I slept there as planned.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #708
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I have at least given a hint of what my role is in my posts today. If need be I can reveal who I am.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #709
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
The below post is what I am referring to. At 6:54am EST this morning I stated what I had done, pretty early in the day. Thats what I mean by you telling me what i had already said I had done doesn't help your story as much. The part about Mr.W is what I want to know more about. I personally didn't get any information about who was in the room with me last night. Should I ask for that info from Peregrine perhaps?

I would it couldn't hurt. but we both were up last night you casting a spell and me making another potion.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #710
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Brian, without quoting the exact message that I received, it made two points:
1.) hoopsguy's role
2.) it also specifically told me that he did not have a mundane role

The assumption is that, if a player had both a magical role AND a mundane role, both would be revealed with the SoI.

No arguments there. Here is why I was confused: I used a scroll of identity last night and I identified a Sun member. I know what magical role he is pretending to have, and I know his mundane role as a Sun Scout. I don't know if his mundane role comes with any mundane powers, but I assume it does. Since I don't know about those mundane powers, I assume the scroll doesn't give that info. You claiming to know what Hoops mundane powers were seemed very odd to me. Saying now that he doesn't have a mundane role doesn't really speak to his mundane powers.

Before anyone asks, the Sun member is already cleared so I won't out him. It doesn't seem to help the Cult victory conditions to name him.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #711
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I used a potion of alertness on Night 1 (which is how I identified KWhit), but I'm not the alchemist. Using a potion doesn't mean you made it.

it's not the using of a potion that was the important part of my sentence.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #712
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I have at least given a hint of what my role is in my posts today. If need be I can reveal who I am.

I have a guess at what your role might be based on what you said before, but its a flat out guess at this point. I'm still torn to how helpful it is for alot of people to reveal their roles if not needed for the same arguements as earlier in the game. You definitly are one of the people I'm seeking more collaberation on right now though...

It would be very easy for PlayerY to say PlayerX isn't a shadow because I know this to try to gain them trust knowing full well that PlayerY is the last shadow.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #713
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think I need to be very clear about this: the green people should not be considered cleared. Having a role is no impediment to being a shadow, otherwise why are there matching roles and players? Peregrine works hard to provide his bad guys cover, having been a bad guy in a previous Peregrine game, and I think this game is no different.

Considering I put a known shadow to sleep last night and obviously couldn't be converted the previous 2 nights I think that should pretty much clear me for now.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #714
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have a guess at what your role might be based on what you said before, but its a flat out guess at this point. I'm still torn to how helpful it is for alot of people to reveal their roles if not needed for the same arguements as earlier in the game. You definitly are one of the people I'm seeking more collaberation on right now though...

It would be very easy for PlayerY to say PlayerX isn't a shadow because I know this to try to gain them trust knowing full well that PlayerY is the last shadow.

And I do realize my listing how I saw what I saw, in itself not enough to clear me. I did want to let the group know of my willingness to reveal it.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #715
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
it's not the using of a potion that was the important part of my sentence.

You lost me here. You were refuting Alan's claim that your role as alchemist was unconfirmed by stating that you saw stuff going on while you were awake. You said that you were awake because you used the potion of alertness. How does this confirm your role as alchemist?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #716
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I wouldn't say this is a power/role or even mundane as it's something we all can do.

Yes, but if you are searching you cannot do your magical role that night per the rules.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #717
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Yes, but if you are searching you cannot do your magical role that night per the rules.

D'oh. Stupid. One night per game you can do a mundane plus a magical role.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #718
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
You lost me here. You were refuting Alan's claim that your role as alchemist was unconfirmed by stating that you saw stuff going on while you were awake. You said that you were awake because you used the potion of alertness. How does this confirm your role as alchemist?

are you or someone else claiming it? would be pretty stupid of someone to claim a role they don't have in hopes the person who really does have it would not speak up.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #719
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
4) Joe - claims Researcher (possibly validated based on finding an item?)

Question on this. Couldn't he have found an item in the initial night 0 search? I'm not sure that finding an item is necessarily enough to put him as cleared.

Besides, I don't think it unlikely that a shadow would claim his "role" early in order to try and avoid suspicion.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #720
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Question on this. Couldn't he have found an item in the initial night 0 search? I'm not sure that finding an item is necessarily enough to put him as cleared.

Besides, I don't think it unlikely that a shadow would claim his "role" early in order to try and avoid suspicion.

I "found" an item on Night 0, so I think it is certainly possible. I believe Peregrine indicated that we all performed a search on Night 0.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #721
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Only reason I claimed right now is that it appears there will only be 1 Shadow left. given that I can only protect for 2 nights, makes more sense for everyone to hole up in a room. 2 or more Shadows, chances are I would expend my use before we caught both.

Not saying you are claiming I'm a Shadow... just stating my reasoning for revealing now.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #722
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I also found an item on night 0
Old 05-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #723
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
are you or someone else claiming it? would be pretty stupid of someone to claim a role they don't have in hopes the person who really does have it would not speak up.

No, I am not claiming it. I do know that the Sun members got one of the 18 roles and I am guessing that the Shadow were given one of the 18 roles too. Like Alan said, showing evidence of using a magic power should clear people, but using a potion doesn't count. In truth, I'm not sure how you would prove use of your role since I doubt anyone can see you make a potion.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 PM   #724
Joe
Pro Starter

I have not found any items myself, but the possessors of items.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 PM   #725
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think Joe's claim was more validated due to knowing who had the mask of whispers. Maybe he shouldn't be as trusted as we feel, but Swaggs also previously stated Joe was higher up in trust too. I'll have to go back and re-read what he posted this morning, but it seemed pretty clear what role he was claiming and it was something that someone else was able to possibly verify.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #726
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I also found an item on Night 0.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #727
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I did not sleep in a common room. Maybe I shouldnt reveal this.. oh well. I slept in hiding place, part of my mundane role. I also know who has the scroll of identity. Or, who had it, if it was used last night. I do not know if it was used or not.

Quote:
I slept in the storage room last night and used the scroll of identify as my night action.

I learned the role of one player and whether or not he has a mundane power.

Quote:
swaggs was indeed who o saw had the scroll

Quote:
Were you able to see who I used it on?

If so, we could form a semi-COT for the day, as I would be able to know that you were obviously not doing anything "Shadowish," and you obviously know that I was not.

Quote:
No, I was only able to see that it was in your possession, not that it was even used.

This is also more on Joe from the previous day. So both days he seems to have had hits on what he searched for with some sign of validation. I feel ok with joe being in the upper group of trust right now.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #728
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Joe's claim was more validated due to knowing who had the mask of whispers. Maybe he shouldn't be as trusted as we feel, but Swaggs also previously stated Joe was higher up in trust too. I'll have to go back and re-read what he posted this morning, but it seemed pretty clear what role he was claiming and it was something that someone else was able to possibly verify.

Now that you mention that it rings a bell. I just remember finding it kind of odd that there were two or three people seemingly ready to reveal day 1, but I guess I'll have to go back and read through that again if I get a chance to see.

The most important thing on our agenda should be doing everything possible to ensure a block tonight. If we do that we have an excellent chance to win this tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #729
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
anyone want to share what they found out last night? I have located the holder of the Mask of Whispers. I believe this person to be good, so I won't say who it is. But if there has been any useful communication maybe it can surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Swaggs:
Sun Amulet - that would suggest that you could Identify someone without using a Potion of Identify. Yet Joe seemed to imply (or may have come out and said) that you did have this item. So, when you viewed me did you do it with your role or an item? It is a fairly important note in terms of whether or not you know my role and can vouch for it later if/when I reveal it.

Also, it is pretty clear what role Joe has and if he was correct about you having a potion and can clearly identify the holder of the Mask of Whispers then I would not remotely consider him for a shadow vote today. The person with the Mask communicated with me yesterday, so I can validate a statement on the holder of this item if Joe wants to reveal this information.

Quote:
I would reveal who has the mask of whispers so that they may absolutely clear me, though it may be stolen. I mean, I will if necessary. But with the new info

VOTE TYRITH AND PUNISHMENT

And here is the stuff from today that Joe had with collaboration from hoops. Later they had other posts and seem to both agree on whom the type of person with the mask currently is even though they hadn't both confirmed names.

I don't think having this knowledge helps clear Hoops any, but it feels pretty solid that Joe is who he says he is.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #730
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Joe also knew what item I had.

In my mind, he is as close to non-Shadow as you can get, without having a seer-type check him.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #731
Swaggs
Coordinator

Looks like you beat me to it, Alan.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #732
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think it is very important that, if DT can legitimately "clear" Chief Rum, he does so today, before we send in our night actions.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #733
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think it is very important that, if DT can legitimately "clear" Chief Rum, he does so today, before we send in our night actions.

I'd also still like to hear what Mr. W was doing last night.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #734
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Do you have any knowledge/suspicion that DT might be able to clear him?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #735
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I am definitly not making up my mind on night actions until we find out info from Tyrith post-cleansing as well as what else we can find out today. As it is, we currently have more suspects and not-fully cleared people to assure that we can block the shadow tonight.

I'll be sleeping in the Ritual room tonight, but havent figured out who good targets yet are. As it stands Mr.W tops my list. He's been a shadow as far as his participation today at least!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #736
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE NIGHTFALL

If we can get nightfall now it will give us more time to discuss strategy/ question tyrith
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #737
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Been swamped with stuff at work.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #738
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
VOTE NIGHTFALL

If we can get nightfall now it will give us more time to discuss strategy/ question tyrith

I agree

Vote Nightfall

Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #739
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

oh.. woops

Vote punishment

vote nightfall

<.<
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #740
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am thinking Mr. Wed may be the sorcerer trying to run interference for the lone shadow.

I plan on using my final hex on him, if it doesn't work then we can assume he is the sorcerer
Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #741
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you have any knowledge/suspicion that DT might be able to clear him?

He wanted me to change my vote for Chief Rum after I made it yesterday. I don't see a real good reason for someone to tie themsef to another player on Day 2, particularly very early in the day, unless they have a pretty good reason.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #742
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am thinking Mr. Wed may be the sorcerer trying to run interference for the lone shadow.

I plan on using my final hex on him, if it doesn't work then we can assume he is the sorcerer

Ok, if you do choose him, make sure I know. He was who I was thinking about as well. I won't go after him if you do.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #743
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He wanted me to change my vote for Chief Rum after I made it yesterday. I don't see a real good reason for someone to tie themsef to another player on Day 2, particularly very early in the day, unless they have a pretty good reason.

Well he also said the same thing about me yesterday and when I called him out on it wondering how he knew I was good based on me not even doing anything the night before, he said it was just a hunch/guess.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #744
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay...missed a bunch of lunchtime posts. I can conclusively say that on N1 I did indeed use my power to learn something about CR's power. I don't want to say much more than that at this point, as it potentially could give Shadow information. But I must have read something (honestly don't remember what at this point) that made me think that CR had used his power, and thus was still good.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #745
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well he also said the same thing about me yesterday and when I called him out on it wondering how he knew I was good based on me not even doing anything the night before, he said it was just a hunch/guess.

i am still behind on all the afternoon posts that i missed over the last hour.

but my feelings on CR and you are different. you were more a hunch. more of a "here's two villagers trying to tear each other apart" type of dynamic that we usually see from two passionate villagers in a game.

okay i'm starving. anymore from me will hafta wait till after i run out to eat something.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #746
Swaggs
Coordinator

Lathum, it says in the roles description that the Sorceror is immune to any kind of magic sleep. Not sure what to do with this info, as it could prove that he is the sorceror (if he does not sleep), but it may not be the best use of your powers.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #747
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

7) Kwhit - Cleansed
14) ImTheCrew - Cleansed

4) Joe - claims Researcher (possibly validated based on finding an item?)
8) Lathum - Claims Warlock (proven by sleeping Hoops night 1 and Tyrith last night)
10) Schmidty - Claims Augur (proven with the info on Kwhit)
17) Alan T - Claims Theurgist (proven by action on Barkeep)

6) Barkeep49 - Blocked by Alan last night, couldn't have attempted conversion on swaggs
12) hoopsguy - Vouched as having role by Swaggs. Slept night 1 so couldn't convert Kwhit
16) Path12 - Vouched for by ntndeacon as having some role?

2) BrianD - First to out Kwhit
13) DaddyTorgo - Outed Tyrith

1) Mustang - Claims Spiritmaster (unproven)
5) Swaggs - claims to have Sun Amulet = Wizard? (unproven)
18) SnDvls - Claims Alchemist (unproven)

3) ntndeacon -
9) Chief Rum -
11) Mr. Wednesday -
15) Tyrith - EVIL!

On this list, the people I am concerned about:

Mr.W - No one knows anything about him other than Sndvls says he saw him leave last night.
Chief Rum - DaddyTorgo needs to help us with more validation for him
Ntndeacon - Hinted at a role I don't want to block if he is telling the truth..
Mustang - plans on using a potion on Schmidty which if he is evil could cause us bad problems
Sndvls - No real way to validate his claim
Hoopsguy - If Tyrith did the night 1 convert, Hoops isn't cleared
Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #748
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, DT seems to better validate Chief Rum, but he sure is being vague about it thats not helping! I'll assume Chief can go on the validated list based on DT vouching for him,
Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #749
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ntndeacon, who did you use your magical role on night 1? Last night I assume was Path?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #750
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE NIGHTFALL

i'm going to eat and ponder something in light of what has been brought to light in the past hour.