Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #701
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I'm going to admit, I haven't been able to sort today's events out for two reasons:

1) Don't want to use the internet at all while at work
2) Haven't read the HP books or seen the movies, etc.

Can someone put, INTO WEREWOLF TERMS, the events that have transpired today?

Thanks!
~rpi-fan

We've been all over the place, Coffee came out of the gates and voted me, unvoted me when he was satisfied with how I defended myself.

We've had bandwagons on Sun b/c of his late vote yesterday, but most feel with the lateness of Neon's reveal that yesterday's vote didn't mean anything. However the votes got more intense when Sun came out very defensive and did a poor job defending himself.

Then we went for the silent WVU, he came on and said nothing except he wants to be attacked by the death eaters instead of being lynched.

Sun revealed that he can protect the seer(neon) for 1 more day even thought the bodygaurd(barkeep) died last night. He can do this as a one time act, but requests that the seer view him tonight as a favor.

People wanting to give him a chance to prove it have been moving off to the other vote leader WVU since there really isn't any other option at this point.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #702
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
We've been all over the place, Coffee came out of the gates and voted me, unvoted me when he was satisfied with how I defended myself.

We've had bandwagons on Sun b/c of his late vote yesterday, but most feel with the lateness of Neon's reveal that yesterday's vote didn't mean anything. However the votes got more intense when Sun came out very defensive and did a poor job defending himself.

Then we went for the silent WVU, he came on and said nothing except he wants to be attacked by the death eaters instead of being lynched.

Sun revealed that he can protect the seer(neon) for 1 more day even thought the bodygaurd(barkeep) died last night. He can do this as a one time act, but requests that the seer view him tonight as a favor.

People wanting to give him a chance to prove it have been moving off to the other vote leader WVU since there really isn't any other option at this point.

It was actually superman who wanted to be attacked by Death eaters instead of being lynched. Superman and Sundvls were who the earlier bandwagons were for. Everyone jumped off of superman for sndvls and wvufan for the most part though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #703
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

Thanks. Based on this, I'm going to stick with my vote of Mr. W. I feel both SunDvls and WVUFAN are good, so I see no reason to vote for them, just for the sake of... voting for them.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #704
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
It was actually superman who wanted to be attacked by Death eaters instead of being lynched. Superman and Sundvls were who the earlier bandwagons were for. Everyone jumped off of superman for sndvls and wvufan for the most part though.

Yea, my bad, I must have gotten those 2 confused. I'll go back and look why the rally on WVU, I know he has been quiet too.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #705
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

OK, it appears WVU was started as a quiet vote, but hasn't defended himself yet. He is constantly "not caught up yet." Too many people not talking and getting me confused.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #706
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I've got to wonder about this, though. Is he just saying that to keep us from voting for him? Maybe.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #707
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I've got to wonder about this, though. Is he just saying that to keep us from voting for him? Maybe.

He definitly didn't win any favor with me from his answer. Right now I have about 6 people who I wouldnt mind voting for, but I dont really have anyone that jumps out at me either. Hopefully we will narrow down people soon.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #708
saldana
Pro Starter

the official vote count stands as follows
sndvls - (7) by dacman, king, wvu, CW, jesse, lathum, schmidty

WVUFAN - (7) by RA, jeeber, sndvls, gram, ardent, cronin, dubb

Coffee Warlord (3) by coder, alant, desnudo

Mr. W - (1) by rpi

currently the non magical tie break would see Sndvls given to the Dementor
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #709
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Deadline is noon tomorrow? We'll see a few hundred changes by then.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #710
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Deadline is noon tomorrow? We'll see a few hundred changes by then.

From what he said earlier today that is a typo. He said midnight.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #711
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

midnight deadline
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #712
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Oh.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #713
saldana
Pro Starter

the deadline is midnight tonight...there are 2 hours left to vote
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #714
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I don't want to break the tie but I still want to get a vote in, so

VOTE SUPERMAN=#54

My gut vote from day 1 and he hasn't said anything to sway it.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #715
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

This is some straight up ganster sh*t.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #716
Poli
FOFC Survivor

What do you think, Neon?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #717
dacman
College Benchwarmer

I was nearly ready to move off SnDvls until Coffee pointed out that his special ability is something that was already excluded by the story given earlier by saldana (which he has not commented on any further). Plus a tie gives us the chance of clearing someone, so I'm standing pat.

I will say I am very leary of a quiet Pass and Superman did not give a very good account of himself earlier today, so they're both high on my list.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:32 PM   #718
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Agreed on Pass and superman.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:41 PM   #719
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I agree.

UNVOTE MR. WEDNESDAY

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 01-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #720
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sorry guys, I've been busy all day! Looks like I got here just in time! Anyway, I'm suspicious of Sun -- this seems a lot like how he acted when there was suspicion of him being a wolf last game -- and he was a wolf last game.

VOTE SNDVLS
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #721
WVUFAN
College Starter

I think that even Day 2 is very early to be sure that someone is a Death Eater, so what everyone is doing is just guessing. Given that, without giving away roles or any such thing I did last game, I can only say I am not a Death Eater. By killing me, you're eliminating a potentially useful person later in the game. As for doing or saying something that will clear me, I can't do that.

My vote for SunDvl isn't based on some intuition that he's evil, it's simply to save myself, so, without giving away my role (which I will not do), I'm asking for y'all to trust me. You did last game, and I was not the bad guy. Trust me this time.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #722
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I've read everything. So, hear me out.

saldana's story was that noone could Disapparate or Apparate to leave or enter the town, so SnDvls' story still holds ground.

I have one BIG problem with SnDvls' story. He says he owns an Anti-Disapparation charm... and is going to protect me... HOW, EXACTLY?

There are two stages in Apparation... to disapparate (disappear) from a given location, and then to apparate (appear) at any given location.
An anti-disapparation charm would disable a wizard's ability to disapparate, not his ability to to apparate.

Captured Death Eathers are cast Anti-Disapparation charms to prevent them from disapparating.

Private houses in the Wizarding world are protected by Anti-Apparation charms, charms, charms that prevent someone from appearing inside the house.

An anti-disapparation charm only prevents someone from disappearing, which is basically useless in trying to defend me.

I call bullshit, Sndvls... if I'm wrong, then we're probably screwed.

Vote SnDvls
Old 01-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #723
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Pass, you do know a tie, acording to blade will clear a villager, right?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #724
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

B/C my gut is telling me Sun is bad and this is a ploy, but I'd rather vote WVU and force a tie. If no one moves to tie this back up, I'm going to go with my gut and put my vote back on Sun.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #725
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think in a game this big and with what appears to be a lot of roles, it is more important to try and validate someone to trust rather than go for a blind lynch. At this point Sun is offering something to test. At this point I'm willing to go that route.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #726
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Gramm...flat out, are you the duke? And do you plan on changing the outcome of this vote? B/C I'm pretty sure I have you pegged as the duke.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #727
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

We still have one hour, right?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #728
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Gramm...flat out, are you the duke? And do you plan on changing the outcome of this vote? B/C I'm pretty sure I have you pegged as the duke.
Would you want the Duke to change the vote and if so, to who?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #729
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Sorry guys, I've been busy all day! Looks like I got here just in time! Anyway, I'm suspicious of Sun -- this seems a lot like how he acted when there was suspicion of him being a wolf last game -- and he was a wolf last game.

VOTE SNDVLS
You're right. I didn't even think of that.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #730
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
I've read everything. So, hear me out.

saldana's story was that noone could Disapparate or Apparate to leave or enter the town, so SnDvls' story still holds ground.

I have one BIG problem with SnDvls' story. He says he owns an Anti-Disapparation charm... and is going to protect me... HOW, EXACTLY?

There are two stages in Apparation... to disapparate (disappear) from a given location, and then to apparate (appear) at any given location.
An anti-disapparation charm would disable a wizard's ability to disapparate, not his ability to to apparate.

Captured Death Eathers are cast Anti-Disapparation charms to prevent them from disapparating.

Private houses in the Wizarding world are protected by Anti-Apparation charms, charms, charms that prevent someone from appearing inside the house.

An anti-disapparation charm only prevents someone from disappearing, which is basically useless in trying to defend me.

I call bullshit, Sndvls... if I'm wrong, then we're probably screwed.

Vote SnDvls

this is what i'veb een saying all along
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #731
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia

VOTE SNDVLS

Im about to head to bed, but with this vote, I likely will vote for Pass tommorrow.

This seems strange in one vote he eliminates the chance of us validating sndvl's story or vallidating another villager through a tie. I guess I'll see what happens with the lynch and night actions, but right now this seems very suspicious to me, especially of someone who has been laying low.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #732
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

vote Coffee Warlord

He seems very suspiscious to me. I think coder and AlanT on on to something there.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #733
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Neon, I've no clue what you're trying to say. I think you know what you're talking about, though.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #734
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus

I don't have either of them that I feel in my heart is guilty where I would think the Duke should vote for one of them, I think mostly I wanted the chance for us to clear some people and expand our circle of trust, which seems that is falling from us fast with the way people are voting now. Im hoping we end back up in a tie somehow at least.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #735
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Alan T, I would be much more suspicious of you for tommorow's vote. You just distanced yourself from the entire argument and voted for CW.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #736
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Here is my take. My gut says Sun is bad. But, he is in a situation, if he is a death eater, where they have little to gain from the ploy he pulled(seriously, look at the numbers). If it works they would have to take their chances with Neon for another day. And if I were a wolf I would much rather have a dead buddy than a live seer.

In a perfect world, Sun is given a chance to prove himself. Also, he asked for a scan, he wants a chance to prove himself. On day 2 it is a situation where it may be a good place to use your power to save him, BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT IN HIM. Its early in the game, and we still have a massive number of people.

At worst we kill Sun tomorrow and gain valuable info from todays vote. At best, our seer could get several more views depending on if another bodygaurd is around. But in the end it is your choice. And I have no clue who to switch the vote to, but Pass and Superman would have to be the top 2 choices at this point.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #737
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman=#54
vote Coffee Warlord

He seems very suspiscious to me. I think coder and AlanT on on to something there.

I don't feel super strongly about this, he is just on my list of 5-6 people I am suspicious of. I'm going to change my vote though to try to preserve our tie that we had earlier...

UNVOTE Coffee Warlord

VOTE WVUfan
Old 01-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #738
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Alan T, I would be much more suspicious of you for tommorow's vote. You just distanced yourself from the entire argument and voted for CW.
Are you saying that you think Sun is a DE?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #739
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I was fixing that as you typed this. The reason I didnt vote before was because it was a tie, and my voting for one would have changed that. Now it no longer is a tie, I can vote for one to try to help retie it, which I have done.

I'm trying to be consistant
Old 01-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #740
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Alan T, your switch to WVUfan basically tells me that Sun is guilty.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:14 PM   #741
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Here is my take. My gut says Sun is bad. But, he is in a situation, if he is a death eater, where they have little to gain from the ploy he pulled(seriously, look at the numbers). If it works they would have to take their chances with Neon for another day. And if I were a wolf I would much rather have a dead buddy than a live seer.

In a perfect world, Sun is given a chance to prove himself. Also, he asked for a scan, he wants a chance to prove himself. On day 2 it is a situation where it may be a good place to use your power to save him, BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT IN HIM. Its early in the game, and we still have a massive number of people.

At worst we kill Sun tomorrow and gain valuable info from todays vote. At best, our seer could get several more views depending on if another bodygaurd is around. But in the end it is your choice. And I have no clue who to switch the vote to, but Pass and Superman would have to be the top 2 choices at this point.

I'm suspicious of Pass for coming in and breaking the tie. He is pretty high on my list as well. Not sure about Superman, I'm nuetral there. I don't have any assurances on Sun, he could be good and he could be bad. I just have not figured out if letting him live another day will assure a clearing or not. If he has the ability to sheild his true nature from Neon, then we get nothing and Sun has a huge smoke screen.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #742
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan T, your switch to WVUfan basically tells me that Sun is guilty.

I don't understand entirely how you feel that from my switch unless you think I'm a DE (which might be what you are alluding to). I can assure you that I am not (which is the exact same thing every one else will tell you too I realize).

My reasoning over the last 2+ pages has stayed the same I feel the entire time though.

The two things I wanted to try to accomplish tonight was:

1) a tie to clear one villager through some tiebreaker role

2) giving sndvls an extra night to "prove" himself. I honestly feel that it is really really early for the DE to pull a move where they will be down 2 DEs in 2 days. With this size game, that would give us a huge advantage over them. Worst case scenerio in my mind was sndvls was lying, we lose you and lynch him tommorrow. Best case in my mind is that he is telling the truth, and we manage to keep you around a little longer.

Either way, my fear is that you might be a huge target for them tonight.

If this doesn't address your concerns about my voting, I would be happy to try to explain further.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #743
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Man, Alan, you're screwed either way.

I don't know either way at this point. I want to trust both people. Sndvls gave us a role reveal and a storyline or something, and wvu is just asking us to trust him. Neon is throwing the flag on sndvls.

Man, I don't know.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #744
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

What do you think Neon, do you want to lynch Sun or do you want magical intervention to test his story?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #745
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was fixing that as you typed this. The reason I didnt vote before was because it was a tie, and my voting for one would have changed that. Now it no longer is a tie, I can vote for one to try to help retie it, which I have done.

I'm trying to be consistant

Pushing for a tie, when there is enough evidence to show that Sun is lying is a stupid move from a Wizard and a good move for a Death Eater.

Granted I may be wrong in my analysis, but the moment Sun said Anti-Diapparation charms to help protect me, alarms rang off in my head.

All I'm saying is if Sun is killed today and is shown to be a DE, I want your head on the chopping block next.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #746
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If he has the ability to sheild his true nature from Neon, then we get nothing and Sun has a huge smoke screen.

I hadn't considered that. That could be the case here, and that is a very scary thought. I've told you my gut tells me Sun is bad, but I really want a tie to clear another villager. Do what you must Gramm.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #747
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

AN ANTI-DISAPPARATION CHARM DOES NOTHING TO HELP SAVE ME TONIGHT. Does that make it clear?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #748
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Screw it, I don't want Sun to get away if I can help it...

UNVOTE WVUFan

VOTE SNDVLS

I'll break the tie, we can tempt fate later when we aren't as sure. The more I say I feel Sun is a DE and I'm voting for a tie, the dumber I feel.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #749
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I would like to see a tie and observe another wizard break the tie to clear one more person. Whether that gives sun another day or not is less important. Is there anyone else that can claim a tie breaker that would like to clear themselves?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #750
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Pushing for a tie, when there is enough evidence to show that Sun is lying is a stupid move from a Wizard and a good move for a Death Eater.

Granted I may be wrong in my analysis, but the moment Sun said Anti-Diapparation charms to help protect me, alarms rang off in my head.

All I'm saying is if Sun is killed today and is shown to be a DE, I want your head on the chopping block next.

Maybe its my lack of understanding about the Harry Potter world here, but we have proof he is lying? I honestly have no idea what these charms are or do other than what was described. As you and St.Cronin are in my mind the only two "cleared" people here, you obviously carry alot of weight in these discussions and I think alot of people are interested in your thoughts (including me).

I don't think I am alone in what I have been saying though, I think alot of people have been trying to push for a tie (including one of our dead villagers).

To me the more people we can clear early on, the better for us to hunt down those who we can't.