Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #701
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
This thread has had a pretty much light hearted tone to it, with people ribbing each other now and then. Saying people are hypocritical makes me think that people's sarcasm detectors are malfunctioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
It's the whole, you guys are nerds you can't have standards argument. Like the sharp knees argument with the guy that plays WoW in his parents basement. But agreed I think most of it is sarcasm.

It's the "we're going to dog women that aren't 10s, mostly by saying that all they want is ....what's the quote?.... guys with 6 pick abs and 15" dicks".

This thread is rampant with guys with over-inflated standards complaining about girls with over-inflated standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #702
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saying people are hypocritical makes me think that people's sarcasm detectors are malfunctioning.

Oh, the problems with sarcasm on the internet...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #703
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post

Indeed.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #704
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

There aren't any problems with sarcasm on the internet...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #705
wade moore
lolzcat

That's ok, you guys can blow it off as "sarcasm" and not pay attention to the pages and pages of hypocritical woman-hating, it's cool.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #706
sabotai
General Manager

Someone's on the rag....
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #707
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
That's ok, you guys can blow it off as "sarcasm" and not pay attention to the pages and pages of hypocritical woman-hating, it's cool.

Well, there is a reason that this thread draws a certain type of FOFC poster. Probably the type of guy who posts photos of himself in soldier gear and thinks he's hot shit, but, in real life, has sore palms and chews a lot of ice cubes. Or the dude who's terrified of spiders. I bet the chicks clamor for those kinds of guys.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #708
RedKingGold
College Starter

DONT WORRY I WUZ BEING SARCASTIC
Old 08-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #709
JediKooter
Coordinator

Lighten up Francis.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #710
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

This is turning into the worst thread I've ever read here.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #711
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
This is turning into the worst thread I've ever read here.

Well with posts like that!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #712
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Lighten up Francis.

stripes points to jedikooter!!!

after all we're all in this together. someday one of these boys might save your life.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #713
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

i missed that dr seuss book i'm afraid.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #714
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Well, there is a reason that this thread draws a certain type of FOFC poster. Probably the type of guy who posts photos of himself in soldier gear and thinks he's hot shit, but, in real life, has sore palms and chews a lot of ice cubes. Or the dude who's terrified of spiders. I bet the chicks clamor for those kinds of guys.

I'm offended! I chew ice cubes and the ladies love me!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #715
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I'm offended! I chew ice cubes and the ladies love me!

So your name is LL Jeeber D?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #716
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Girls profile:

I am a singer, I love to go out dancing*to country music*. I have a very bubbly personality and love to smile =) I love guys that can make me smile... I like to have fun, and if u can make me laugh, thats a plus =)
I'm big on baseball, i love my astros' even though they havent been doing to well, and I LOVEE the Texans I dont like the cowgirls... but if u dont mind them being made fun of, we can talk =P
I listen to all types of music, but i love country music.
My family means the world to me, they ALWAYS come first.
I like playing video games on my spare time, i'm a zombie fanatic, so i can kill me some zombies =D
I'm looking for a guy who won't waste my time like others have before, someone who will treat me right and be there for me.
I have a dog, Freya, she is a lab/heeler mix... my world revolves around her... im a BIG animal lover, i went to vet school, worked at vet clinics etc... but u dont have to love animals to talk to me, just dogs hehe

What I sent her: You say you can kill some zombies, but also want a guy that it there for you...... Are you looking for a guy that carries around extra ammo for when you run out.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #717
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

She likes all kinds of music? Doesn't she mean both kinds?

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #718
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
Girls profile:

I am a singer, I love to go out dancing*to country music*. I have a very bubbly personality and love to smile =) I love guys that can make me smile... I like to have fun, and if u can make me laugh, thats a plus =)
I'm big on baseball, i love my astros' even though they havent been doing to well, and I LOVEE the Texans I dont like the cowgirls... but if u dont mind them being made fun of, we can talk =P
I listen to all types of music, but i love country music.
My family means the world to me, they ALWAYS come first.
I like playing video games on my spare time, i'm a zombie fanatic, so i can kill me some zombies =D
I'm looking for a guy who won't waste my time like others have before, someone who will treat me right and be there for me.
I have a dog, Freya, she is a lab/heeler mix... my world revolves around her... im a BIG animal lover, i went to vet school, worked at vet clinics etc... but u dont have to love animals to talk to me, just dogs hehe

What I sent her: You say you can kill some zombies, but also want a guy that it there for you...... Are you looking for a guy that carries around extra ammo for when you run out.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #719
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My wife and I got together way before the internet went mainstream, so I've never had the pleasure of online dating. But the whole "quick to dismiss" thing is funny...reading the profile TCY Junkie posted, I would have passed the minute I read "country music." Not sure I would have been THAT quick to dismiss someone in person.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #720
MrBug708
Head Coach

It's funny to read this thread and then read some of the same posters posting and giving relationship advice in the Seg thread.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #721
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
It's funny to read this thread and then read some of the same posters posting and giving relationship advice in the Seg thread.

Yup.

Quote:
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #722
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

19 emailed me & said "I know what I want"

What?

"A climax"
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #723
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
My wife and I got together way before the internet went mainstream, so I've never had the pleasure of online dating. But the whole "quick to dismiss" thing is funny...reading the profile TCY Junkie posted, I would have passed the minute I read "country music." Not sure I would have been THAT quick to dismiss someone in person.

OTOH I've totally found a hook with this country-music thing living in Boston though. I LOVE my cowboy boots and wear them whenever I'm not wearing shorts, so I just bring them up when a girl's profile references country music...I figure up here that's got to score a guy some "country points."
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #724
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
19 emailed me & said "I know what I want"

What?

"A climax"

Send her this link:

http://
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #725
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Send her this link:

I suggested she masturbate.

She's now saying she doesn't like to & blah blah blah blah... Trying to get me to step to the plate.

I'm waiting for her to tell me she wants me. Then I'll say no & suggest she get a lesbian, as they're supposed to be good at that sort of thing.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #726
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
stripes points to jedikooter!!!

after all we're all in this together. someday one of these boys might save your life.

He's our big toe.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #727
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade more
Yup.

As if they are both mutually inclusive? You assume too much.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #728
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
As if they are both mutually inclusive? You assume too much.

Not at all. But in some cases it is painfully obvious as to why they suck with women. Attitude
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #729
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not at all. But in some cases it is painfully obvious as to why they suck with women. Attitude

Attitude = Not Settling.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #730
SkippyDies
n00b

Everyone settles because there is no perfect person. You just gotta figure out what things you can live with and whether or not the package is worth the stuff you don't like as much.
SkippyDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #731
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyDies View Post
Everyone settles because there is no perfect person. You just gotta figure out what things you can live with and whether or not the package is worth the stuff you don't like as much.

Ding!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #732
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

To me, I guess it depends on the situation. I really wouldn't take to heart what someone says here as how they handle the dating aspect of their lives. Like I was trying to express, I think there's a lot of joking around in this thread and some embellishing which can sometimes look like a bad attitude. As with anything on here, I take it with a grain of salt and try not to be too serious about it.

Speaking of just me, as I've gotten older, there's less and less I'm willing to put up with. Definitely shrinks my list of candidates, no doubt, but I also realize that's what I'm doing and try to accommodate for that in some way. It's weird, things that never bothered me, now bother me and things that did bother me, no longer do. Like them having a kid or kids. I would have never considered that before. Now, no big deal to me.

At it's simplest, I just try to avoid the ones that set off warning signs and red flags, mostly based off of past experiences and also somewhat based on my preconceived biased opinions. I have met some doozies from online dating, but, I've also met some pretty cool ladies. Not that my life is SO busy that I can't meet women offline, I just picked a bad area to live to find single women my age or younger.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #733
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree with this 100,000%.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #734
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Well, so far I have been single because my standards are way too damn high.

I require a woman I find attractive who isn't batshit insane and/or a total bitch and who also can put up with me.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #735
SkippyDies
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
OkCupid is kind of funny to me. Women seem to have very, very high standards-judging from their reply stats.

The algorithm makes it easier for women to have red than men. It's pretty hard for a guy to go red, pretty easy for a woman but its not an indication of how picky they are. It's just how much volume they get so if a bunch of dudes write shitty notes to them then they are gonna get a red because they delete a lot.

Don't let it deter you.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #736
SkippyDies
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Well, so far I have been single because my standards are way too damn high.

I require a woman I find attractive who isn't batshit insane and/or a total bitch and who also can put up with me.

Sounds like a pretty broad brush. Is she a total bitch because she doesn't put up with you? Sounds like it might be better to focus on liking someone first and just let it roll rather than trying to make some magic happen on the first date or two.

Last edited by SkippyDies : 08-30-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #737
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
The algorithm makes it easier for women to have red than men. It's pretty hard for a guy to go red, pretty easy for a woman but its not an indication of how picky they are. It's just how much volume they get so if a bunch of dudes write shitty notes to them then they are gonna get a red because they delete a lot.

Don't let it deter you.

This. I'm in the "women gets far more messages sent to them than guys do" camp. So you have to factor in the messages she gets that are; "Hi", "Hey, you're hot, let's go out", "Insert perverted message here" & "Your profile sucks". It's going to skew the numbers a bit.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #738
SkippyDies
n00b

Quote:
This. I'm in the "women gets far more messages sent to them than guys do" camp. So you have to factor in the messages she gets that are; "Hi", "Hey, you're hot, let's go out", "Insert perverted message here" & "Your profile sucks". It's going to skew the numbers a bit.

I actually tested it out with a dummy account in the past. You would be amazed at the shit guys write to women.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #739
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually tested it out with a dummy account in the past. You would be amazed at the shit guys write to women.

I can totally imagine. From talking to women about this that have done online dating, I'm surprised there's still women that attempt online dating.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #740
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sounds like a pretty broad brush. Is she a total bitch because she doesn't put up with you? Sounds like it might be better to focus on liking someone first and just let it roll rather than trying to make some magic happen on the first date or two.

Haven't had a second date in over three years.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #741
RedKingGold
College Starter

That's not what your right hand said!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #742
Ksyrup

Quote:

This isn't sarcasm, is it?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #743
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

Is it?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #744
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Random question with regards to online dating.

I'm 5'8" 1/2 and about 145 to 150 lbs. I run quite a bit though so I'm more slender then most men. I currently list my height as 5'9" and body type as slender. I'm not rail skinny but I'm skinnier then probably 80% to 90% of guys.

I think I might have a better chance of getting replies if I list myself as 5'9" and average body type. What are people's thoughts? Am I misrepresenting myself if I say I have average body type? I consider myself slender but not skinny.

Does it even matter since I have pictures?

Also any other minor tips about how to get more replies besides stuff regarding your actual bio and pictures?

Last edited by Racer : 08-30-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #745
Suicane75
Coordinator

For starters, stop referring to yourself as slender.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #746
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
For starters, stop referring to yourself as slender.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #747
SkippyDies
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Random question with regards to online dating.

I'm 5'8" 1/2 and about 145 to 150 lbs. I run quite a bit though so I'm more slender then most men. I currently list my height as 5'9" and body type as slender. I'm not rail skinny but I'm skinnier then probably 80% to 90% of guys.

I think I might have a better chance of getting replies if I list myself as 5'9" and average body type. What are people's thoughts? Am I misrepresenting myself if I say I have average body type? I consider myself slender but not skinny.

Does it even matter since I have pictures?

Also any other minor tips about how to get more replies besides stuff regarding your actual bio and pictures?

Yeah if it gives you a choice just put average. No one cares about that shit. They wanna see your pics but being honest about height (+/- an inch obviously) is key since they will figure it out anyway.

As for tips to get replies you wanna keep it short and sweet in your initial email. Make em laugh if you can and tell em to check your profile so make sure yours doesn't suck.

Find some initial way to hook them based on a mutual interest or something you liked they said in their profile. The idea is to get them to look and so you need to find some sort of way to get a lot of them to check you out. It depends on what site you use that will best determine it.

For a lot of guys the best way for you to find someone is not to use some free site tho. Free sites are a major crapshoot and its going to be half about luck and half about not being a picky asshole who thinks hes too good for everyone. Not that you come off that way.

Getting dates will give you confidence so you want to make sure you can get dates. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take but you don't wanna be throwing yourself out there forever. So I usually recommend a guy delete his profile and recreate after about 90 days if its not working.

Otherwise it seems stale. Plus I usually recommend taking 90 days off between the times you go online. It gets boring and old and you aren't on your game if you keep doing it the old way.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #748
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Quote:

I think he meant to say that his right hand was jealous of his left hand.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #749
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My 17 year-old brother has (apparently) a 2nd date with a straight-10 on Sunday night.

I'm jealous. LOL.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #750
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
My 17 year-old brother has (apparently) a 2nd date with a straight-10 on Sunday night.

I'm jealous. LOL.

Don't be. Every "10" I remember at 17 turned into a 6 or 7 within 5 years.

A few of the 6-7 at 17 became solid 9's within 5.

So if he does end up with her, all he'll have is memories.