Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #701
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
but wouldn't you think that a good % of semipro players would enjoy providing that information, as a way to flesh out their "character" in the game? I know if it was me and I played semipro i'd prolly also play FM, so I wouldn't mind at all. And then it'd just be a matter of data input.

Maybe one day - I definitely think it'd be cool to have in ...

(for a comparison all the media sources in the game (ie. newspapers etc.) we have to get proper legal permission from each of them to be present ... this takes a serious amount of time, effort and chasing to get done ..)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #702
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Maybe one day - I definitely think it'd be cool to have in ...

(for a comparison all the media sources in the game (ie. newspapers etc.) we have to get proper legal permission from each of them to be present ... this takes a serious amount of time, effort and chasing to get done ..)

I can imagine. And I think there's certainly things that are much higher up on the idea chain (like the thing I Pmed you about ).

BTW...after playing OOTP straight since it came out, I just fired up FM again a lil bit ago and dove back into "my squad." Feels good.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #703
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Marc i have a question that i cant find an answer for even when doing searches in this and the SI forums

besides learning player prefered moves, how do mentors help young players improve?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #704
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
besides learning player prefered moves, how do mentors help young players improve?
Mentors will either help youngsters by teaching them specific moves or by boosting the amount their ability rises during their tuition - presuming things go well with the tutoring that is ....
Old 04-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #705
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Mentors will either help youngsters by teaching them specific moves or by boosting the amount their ability rises during their tuition - presuming things go well with the tutoring that is ....

thanks for the quick response. and i have heard about the mentor/student thing sometimes turning ugly between them
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #706
Flasch186
Coordinator

Marc:

I dont think that this was your intention but I actually feel hamstrung by the number of team interactions in the pregame, half, and final. I'd love to see some more options to say to them.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 AM   #707
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I dont think that this was your intention but I actually feel hamstrung by the number of team interactions in the pregame, half, and final. I'd love to see some more options to say to them.
This is something which is likely to continue evolving as time goes forward - as with many of our features we have to start 'small and solid' to ensure that something works as expected and is sane ... then we generally slowly build upon it and improve it ....

So in essence - expect more choices to appear in future versions at some stage ..
Old 04-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #708
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

PS> Do you think you'd actively edit and add to these options if we made the facilities available? (asking mainly because I'd expected more people to take advantage of the media editor when we distributed it).
Old 04-18-2007, 08:18 AM   #709
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That would be nice, I think. I might not edit them, but it might help me gain insight into what the statements mean. I play FM 06 now, and one of the halftime choices is "I expect a much better performance in the 2nd half." But when I select it, by everyone's name it says "You lot are all clueless all over the pitch." Maybe it's a British to American thing, but these statements don't mean the same thing to me, so I'm afraid to use it.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 04-18-2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typo
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:45 AM   #710
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
PS> Do you think you'd actively edit and add to these options if we made the facilities available? (asking mainly because I'd expected more people to take advantage of the media editor when we distributed it).

this may be a fault of my own but I didnt even know that there was/is a media editor.

I might make some edits, or download some other user's edits. I would just love to see a ton of options there, even if some result in the same effect.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #711
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That would be nice, I think. I might not edit them, but it might help me gain insight into what the statements mean. I play FM 06 now, and one of the halftime choices is "I expect a much better performance in the 2nd half." But when I select it, by everyone's name it says "You lot are all clueless all over the pitch." Maybe it's a British to American thing, but these statements don't mean the same thing to me, so I'm afraid to use it.

I was about to make the same complaint -- the team talks are schitzo as they are right now because I'm never quite sure exactly the option I select is what I really intend. In practice it usually is not.

I would also mention I have a similar issue with some of the media interactions and reactions to in-match controversy. Honestly, I think the option I select should match what is said to the team/media/etc EXACTLY. As it stands right now, it's too much guesswork.

Last edited by dacman : 04-18-2007 at 09:27 AM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #712
Flasch186
Coordinator

There was once a video on youtube about a crazy kid banging his keyboard because his team sucked so bad and I laughed at him. Well today was my day off and I played a ton and understand his pain. Im running Diter Zafra in Spain and today was the most frustrating day Ive ever had. If this is truly how a coach of a shitty team feels I feel for them.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 04-18-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:36 AM   #713
Flasch186
Coordinator

MArc:

Quick question as to what you think is the scenario that could have brought this one on. I was fired from a B4 team in Spain I believe because we got relegated to an unplayable division. I then got offered a job with a B2 team. Out of desperation I signed on immediately without and investigation and found that the team was empty...no staff, no real players, no history. What couldve brought this on. In my mind Ive written this off to perhaps the team was bought by a new group BUT in some pregame matches it describes my team as recently promoted....so where did everyone go?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #714
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
In my mind Ive written this off to perhaps the team was bought by a new group BUT in some pregame matches it describes my team as recently promoted....so where did everyone go?
If you're playing on a small database setting then very occassionally you'll find teams with no 'real' players promoted into the active league setup - if you aren't in control of them then they'll populate with players very quickly (worst case scenario by promoting grey players to 'real' ones).

This is simply a 'tech' restriction based on the number of players in the gameworld and random bits and pieces ... sorry if its caused you concern.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #715
MrBug708
Head Coach

I had this happen in an earlier version of FM and I thought it was a pretty good challenge. I basically built a team from scratch (empty cupboard basically) this was and was able to get promoted from Champ to EPL
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #716
highfiveoh
Banned

Does anyone play as a manager in the MLS? If so, are you having a good experience? I did some last minute research as I prepared to buy the game and ran into some deflating information. Someone mentioned that the number of Adidas Generation players dropped dramatically in the near future and that youth players were too short in general. After reading that I decided to pass as I'm only interested in playing in the MLS. It makes me wonder if similar issues exist in any of the other leagues. Sometimes it just seems like SI games try to do too much and not focus on doing certain things right all of the time.
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #717
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfiveoh View Post
Does anyone play as a manager in the MLS? If so, are you having a good experience? I did some last minute research as I prepared to buy the game and ran into some deflating information. Someone mentioned that the number of Adidas Generation players dropped dramatically in the near future and that youth players were too short in general. After reading that I decided to pass as I'm only interested in playing in the MLS. It makes me wonder if similar issues exist in any of the other leagues. Sometimes it just seems like SI games try to do too much and not focus on doing certain things right all of the time.

No offense to U.S. soccer, but given the number of people that actually play FM/WWSM in the States I hardly think getting the MLS structure exactly right is that high on their list of priorities. Especially with the fact that the MLS setup is completely unique - with the draft and college teams they would almost have to have a programmer dedicated to making it work right. And I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but the sales in the US probably don't warrant that.

Having said that, Marc was incredibly responsive to a very small issue I had regarding Welsh players in an English league a couple of years back and the issue got fixed in the next patch, so I'm sure MLS is being worked on. The FM developers are the best in the business IMO.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #718
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
No offense to U.S. soccer, but given the number of people that actually play FM/WWSM in the States I hardly think getting the MLS structure exactly right is that high on their list of priorities. Especially with the fact that the MLS setup is completely unique - with the draft and college teams they would almost have to have a programmer dedicated to making it work right. And I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but the sales in the US probably don't warrant that.

Having said that, Marc was incredibly responsive to a very small issue I had regarding Welsh players in an English league a couple of years back and the issue got fixed in the next patch, so I'm sure MLS is being worked on. The FM developers are the best in the business IMO.
Amen.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #719
highfiveoh
Banned

I get that, but why even market the game in the US or go as far as creating a unique title for the game in the states? It's one thing to have the MLS teams work as separate entities (which of course isn't the case in real life) - I'm totally fine with that - it works within the confines of the game and it's still fun. But it's another thing if you're going to run into major problems a few years into your career. Just make the league unplayable and stop trying to sell it as a featured league.
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #720
daedalus
Pro Rookie

I live in the US. I play the game. I don't necessarily feel the need to play with MLS. Based on this thread, I don't think I'm alone.

As bholloy stated, I would imagine it would difficult for SI to try to get MLS working perfectly given the fact that it's drastically different than any other league. Based on the continual improvements, it looks like they're trying. On the other hand, time is a finite commodity and, well, SI isn't Microsoft. They can afford more programmers than, say, Midnight Oil but not an army of them. It's too bad for you that it's a deal breaker because it's a great game but, for me, SI still gets my money.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #721
Bee
Pro Starter

I had some free time over the weekend and started back up with my last career. It's amazing how quickly I was able to get back into the game after a month or two away from it. Since the players have so much personality, you just remember who's who as opposed to most games where everyone is just a set of numbers. Best game ever IMO.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #722
moriarty
College Starter

I will just say the only thing that consistently pulls me away from my current FM career is my desire to occasionally revisit my 2005 team. Either way, I'm hopelessly hooked.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #723
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
I live in the US. I play the game. I don't necessarily feel the need to play with MLS. Based on this thread, I don't think I'm alone.

As bholloy stated, I would imagine it would difficult for SI to try to get MLS working perfectly given the fact that it's drastically different than any other league. Based on the continual improvements, it looks like they're trying. On the other hand, time is a finite commodity and, well, SI isn't Microsoft. They can afford more programmers than, say, Midnight Oil but not an army of them. It's too bad for you that it's a deal breaker because it's a great game but, for me, SI still gets my money.

They get my Money too, I always play the English leagues as the Premiership is the elite league in the World IMO. I kind of equate it to getting FOF and Coaching a Team in Canada (If that was an option) as opposed to an NFL Team. Even with the flaw in MSL, still the best sports sim out there to me.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #724
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Coaching a Team in Canada (If that was an option) as opposed to an NFL Team.

You, my friend, need Maximum Football.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #725
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You, my friend, need Maximum Football.

Nobody needs Maximum Football
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #726
Flasch186
Coordinator

still nothing I hate more than shooting 9 times, 6 on target, control the clock, totally beat the other team down....they get one shot on target and I lose 1-0. I HATE that. Where is the end of game team-talk that says, "I know that its total BS for the other team to go out and hire the most spectacular GK in the world, use technology to change his face (like in the movie Face-Off), and stick him out there with Johnny Brain's uniform on, but what can I do guys?"

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 04-26-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:10 PM   #727
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Married life that great, huh?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:57 PM   #728
Flasch186
Coordinator

still got a few days left.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #729
path12
Coordinator

Maybe this has been in the thread before but I don't remember it.

Playing Notts County, I got them promoted to League One. It's been a battle but we've been able to hold pretty clear of relegation so far and are sitting in 17th place at the beginning of January. I have a couple of younger players who are playing important roles for me and doing well, however, they both have slight concerns described as "feeling the pressure of public expectations."

Public expectation is to be in the relegation zone. I'm not sure how to handle this. Thoughts?
Old 04-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #730
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

how come reserve teams in italy don't have a reserve-league? is that accurate? it's irritating

I feel like there ought to be a way to setup 8v8 or 11v11 matches within the reserve team then, so that guys down there can get match-practice
Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 PM   #731
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
how come reserve teams in italy don't have a reserve-league? is that accurate? it's irritating

Yeah, it's realistic, there's no reserve league in Italy. Generally Italian teams are a lot more active loaning players out to lower division sides as they'll not get many games if they're fringe players.

edit to save a dola - I may have a depth problem with my English Premier team. My first team played my reserves in a pre-season friendly and beat them 19-0.

Last edited by Critch : 04-26-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #732
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Thank god I found this thread.

hxxp://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/2242071292

His tactic formulation has helped me create my own set of tactics by giving me a solid template to work on.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #733
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, the Two Marcs (Duffy and Vaughan).. just out of curiosity, when does the FM2008 feature teasing begin?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #734
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I'm getting the itch to start my first real career with FM2007, anybody's got a recommendation for a skin?

FM
Old 04-26-2007, 10:12 PM   #735
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Yeah, it's realistic, there's no reserve league in Italy. Generally Italian teams are a lot more active loaning players out to lower division sides as they'll not get many games if they're fringe players.

edit to save a dola - I may have a depth problem with my English Premier team. My first team played my reserves in a pre-season friendly and beat them 19-0.

I was pretty sure there wasn't a reserve league, but I think it'd be a nice addition in that case to like...allow me to setup 8v8 games, or 11v11 games in order to keep the guys there match-fit, and having some sort of development.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:13 PM   #736
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

probably sometime soon fozz...since we're what...6 months or so from release?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #737
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
I'm getting the itch to start my first real career with FM2007, anybody's got a recommendation for a skin?

FM

I just downloaded a new one today from Susie, it is called Skin FMC -- very sleek, I like it so far. The one I've been using the most is called Siple.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #738
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

thanks path12, I downloaded that one earlier, thought it looked good too.

And what's the latest patch? is it 7.0.2? Does that include a data update?

FM
Old 04-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #739
path12
Coordinator

I think 7.0.2 is just the data update. I believe I'm just running 7.0.1
Old 04-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #740
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's the 7.0.2 Patchlist

Football Manager 2007 v7.0.2
----------------------------

General
=======
- Fixed bug where Australian youth player was being given English nationality only and thus not being eligible to play as he had no work permit.
- Fixed bug with player fines not getting processed properly at various times in the season.
- Fixed bug where lots of virtual players were added for a team.
- Fixed future human manager transfer bug - some data wasn't being updated properly in some situations.
- Fixed humans being offered countless players by German and Spanish teams in particular
- Fixed bug when training and youth facilities are upgraded simultaneously, only training facilities would actually upgrade.
- Fixed bug where teams who have already accepted friendlies for a tour accept again when a replacement team is picked.
- Fixed bug where sometimes fixtures would be played at the old stadium when a team moves to a new stadium.
- Fixed stadium expansion bug where seats were sometimes being added immediately after the expansion is announced.
- Fixed bug where national team managers were not sent news sometimes about players being injured when playing for the national team.
- Fixed bug where blank entries were shown in players history when they had not made any appearances.
- Confederations Cup now takes place in host country of next World Cup.
- International friendly instructions now cleared down after matches.
- When scout assignments are removed, the user can now re-assign to the same nation/region without having to leave the screen and come back.
- Fixed a crash in a scout report news item.
- Fixed a crash which would sometimes occur when playing a friendly competition which clashes with other matches.
- Fixed issues where some sweepers would have no DC ability
- Fixed a transfer promotion clause crash caused by edited data.
- Teams which are promoted from lower divisions without a stadium get one generated.
- Fixed crash when retiring an unemployed manager
- Fixed a rare crash when arranging a friendly match.
- Fixed a crash when calling up multiple players to a national pool.
- Fixed a crash which might occur if a human manager builds up a squad of over 200 players.
- When a player on loan is transferred to a third team, his stats are now cleared down properly.
- Fixed a manager being fired unreasonably in finish league due to some teams having a next division set as a lower division
- Fixed a game freeze when going to a scout's list of scouted players.

Match Engine Version History
============================

Match v551
----------

- Reduced number of off ball violent offences slightly.

Match v552
----------

- Further violent conduct tweak

Match v553
----------

- Even further violent conduct tweak

Interface
=========
- If a user navigates away from a job contract offer from a different team and goes back, the screen will show the correct team that the contract offer is from instead of showing the user's current team.
- Aggregate goals now shown correctly on a competition's fixtures/results section for 2nd leg matches.
- User can now only select one team as their feeder club at any one time from the news item.
- Fixed issue where the contract offer screen was showing old contract offers.
- Fixed a match commentary issue where a team name would sometimes not display properly.
- Home/away stats on the match screen now appear properly after viewing team tactics and going back.
- Fixed bug where sub gk changes to an outfield kit when a tactics change is made.
- Fixed bug where match preview panel was missing out goalscorers included from reserve teams.

Contracts
=========
- Stopped lower level free agent and older players asking for 5 year deals
- Lowered players expectations when negotiating a new contract.
- Fixed bug where user could switch section from the contract offer screen and cause the offering team of the contract offer to be the player's current team instead of the human's team.
- Fixed bug where human managers couldn't offer new contracts to certain players.
- Fixed bug where player going out on loan would be given a normal contract instead of a loan contract.
- Fixed in some cases whereby player were demanding extortionate appearance fees.
- Stopped managers from being allowed to sign players who fail work permit checks on youth contract terms.

Media
=====
- Agents now won't recommend players who are out on loan.

Newgens/Youth Players
=====================
- Changed a lot of second nationality players and added some more nationality youngsters via feedback from forums.
- Made more newgens two footed than before
- Fewer newgens for nations which are running in "View Only" mode.

Scouting
========
- Reduced the amount of results returned for lower league teams when assigning a scout to a nation/region.
- Fixed scouts stopping performing assignments

Training
========
- Fixed bug where player attributes can fluctuate slightly albeit temporarily in cycles.

Transfers
=========

- Reduced asking prices slightly outside top echelons
- Fixed "mad chairmen" selling players over managers heads too often at reasonably sized rich clubs
- Clubs more willing to spend on obviously quality players at lower/middling levels
- Slightly more foreign interest in well performing players in smaller leagues
- Fixed bug where monthly installment money was not be given to a team with a next sale percentage clause.

Network Game
============
- Fixed game freeze problem when joining a game which uses a password and the wrong password is entered.
- Fixed client crash after being banned from a network game.
- Fixed client crash when host exited a game and client was on the tactic screen.

Awards
======
- Stopped unknown players winning World Player awards.

Competitions
============
- Highest average rating records now update if the player has played more games, and equalled the record rating.
- Improved selection of Caribbean and Central American nations for qualification to the Gold Cup.
- 2008 African Cup of Nations is held in Ghana.
- Royal League now with only one leg for Quarter Final and Semi-Final.

South America
=============
- Correct losing Semi Finalist is selected to play in the World Club Championship if two Mexican teams reach the Copa Libertadores final.
- First placed teams in the group stage of the Libertadores are now able to make changes to their squads for the knockout rounds

Argentina
=========
- Stopped transfer window news appearing for the Free Transfer window.

Brazil
======
- Added Brazilian Cup 2007 participants.

China
=========
- Fixed some promotion/relegation issues.

Denmark
=======
- Fixed winter break not working for Danish U18 Cup.
- Some improvements to Premier league scheduling so that postponed games are not scheduled in between or past last two rounds.

England
=======
- Conference North and South teams now enter the FA Trophy at the 3rd Qualifying Round.
- Johnstone's Trophy Final now played at Wembley from the 2007/08 season.
- Conference North and South Playoff finals now played at more appropriate stadiums.
- English finals are played at the Millennium stadium in the first season and then Wembley from the 2007/08 season.

Finland
=======
- Finnish League Cup groups now correct for 2007

Germany
=======
- Matches are now shown on TV

Greece
=======
- Greek Cup 4th round now goes to a replay if scores are level.

Holland
=======
- Dutch Cup format changed
- Dutch Premier Division teams always have teams entered in the Reserve and Youth league

Hong Kong (China PR)
====================
- Fixed Hong kong Football Club not participating in continental competitions.

Israel
======
- Added correct suspension method for the Toto Cup

Italy
======
- Reggina points deduction now 11 points.

Mexico
======
- Fixed bug where winner of First Division A playoff would not be promoted if it was a Second Division team.

Northern Ireland
================
- Stopped the same team been used twice in the Second Division Relegation playoff

Norway
======
- Correct teams now qualify for the Royal League

Poland
======
- Polish Legaue Cup added.

Portugal
========
- Portuguese Cup Final is now played at the National Stadium

Singapore
=========

- Added some restrictions for 2 clubs playing in Singaporean league ( one Chinese and one South Korean).

Slovenia
========
- Fixed wrong teams getting promoted when running the Slovenian First Division only.

USA
=====
- Transfer budget on news item now matches up with budget on the team finances screen.

Wales
=====
- Corrected Welsh disciplinary system

Data Editor v7.0.2
==================
- Added B/C team editing.
- Added continent regional strength field.
- Added nation UEFA coefficients and FIFA ranking.
- Added nation languages.
- Added international friendlies.
- Added average match and season ticket price fields.
- Added club UEFA coefficients.
- Added club regional divisions.
- Added club tactical attributes.
- Added club records.
- Added club history.
- Added stadium capacity changes.
- Added stadium moves.
- Added award colours.
- Added award history.
- Added city latitude & longitude.
- Added competition colours.
- Added injury occurence ratio.
- Added club next division.
- Added retired person editing.
- Added nation famous players (Media Comparison).
- Fixed bug that could cause problems when changing the name of a person.
- Fixed dupliacte entry in city inhabitants range drop down.
- Made player and non player only jobs available to Player/Non Players.
- Fixed sorting in club staff & player lists.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #741
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:

I feel like there ought to be a way to setup 8v8 or 11v11 matches within the reserve team then, so that guys down there can get match-practice

In Italy like in Spain there are not reserve teams. It's not only that they don't play games but that just don't exist so i do the same in when playing in FM one of those leagues, just pretend the reserve team doesn't exists so my players are in the main team, in the affiliate team (if exists) or in the under 18 if applies, keeping my reserve teams without any player. This way is how it is in real life.

For future FM versions, i would just remove the reserve squad from the leagues that doesn't have it in real life as it only adds confusion, putting players there and seeing that they never play a game.

Last edited by Icy : 04-27-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #742
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

We've retained the 'reserve team' area on purpose because a lot of people like to keep their visible first team as clutter free as possible.

For instance I hate having a huge first team squad on the screen and generally only keep around 20 players in it ...

(I think it mentions on one of the screens somewhere that the reserve team don't have an active league and thus will only play in friendlies which are scheduled)
Old 04-27-2007, 09:37 AM   #743
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Doesn't that affect how they practice? Starters with starters, reserves with reserves?

Even if the reserve team doesn't play any matches, I keep my reserves separate not just because i hate clutter like MV, but also I figured they practice together -- I know I've seen references to "practicing with the reserve team" somewhere, so I thought they practice on their own..so even if the reserve team isn't a team that plays matches, I figured I was at least organizing how my practices work.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #744
Icy
Pro Starter

I see your reasons Marc and it makes sense as long as it doesn't affect the players progression/training at all. Of course I mean apart of the lack of playing time that for sure must affect, but that there shouldnt' be any difference between a player who doesn't play any game but it's in the main roster and a player who doesn't play any game but is in the reserve team.

If there is no difference, then i'm fine with it just being used for cosmetic reasons.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #745
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I guess I could go in and manually schedule my reserve team a full slate of matches at the beginning of the season. That'd be one work-around...if I could find anyone willing to play them during the season. Maybe i'll try that
Old 04-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #746
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay...i have one complaint/suggestion

if i'm bidding for a guy with a minimum fee release clause, shouldn't the club be forced to accept it? As it is right now, the club will only accept it if you don't monkey with the transfer date or the decision deadline.

and since those two things don't alter the $$ it shouldn't matter. Basically...i ought to be able to put in a bid now that meets someone's minimum fee release clause, with a decision deadline of today and a transfer date of "end of season" and it should still be accepted. Since it meets the "minimum fee"
Old 04-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #747
SunDevil
College Prospect

Alright,

So as summer gets closer it is my annual time to buy the newest version of WWSM and try to get into this game. I am currently staring at 2005 and the 2006 version of the game (actually FM 05) and downloading 07 demo right now. Third time is the charm and I really want to get into this game. For anyone else who has or plans to take the plunge here are some links that definitely help the new players. (Some of the links might need to you be logged in the SI forums.)

OFFICIAL FAQ'S
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/8512028082

UNOFFICIAL TACTICS BIBLE
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/4502093472

The Sheffield United Project
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...3862031882/p/2

Tactic Tweaking – The what, where, when and how
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...3552021582/p/1

The Official Q&A Thread
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/2152047272

What the sliders do - a comparative guide
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...192#7932099192

Also make sure to check out the guides and video tutorials on SI's website.

Tips
http://www.footballmanager.net/en/article/19/index.html

Video Tutorials
http://www.footballmanager.net/en/article/26/1374.html
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #748
vyshka
Mascot

Is there a pdf version of the manual for the d/l version of WWSM2k7 ? I can't find it anywhere.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #749
path12
Coordinator

I have to say, even though it doesn't show current form or morale unless full screen, that this FMC skin is really really cool.

Just sayin'.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #750
dacman
College Benchwarmer

This game is nuts (in a good way). Just when you think you've seen it all -- BAM. My opponents keeper just scored an own goal on a corner kick when he failed at an attempt to catch a flighted ball and it bounced off of him right into his own net. LOL.