Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #7301
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Curious to see if the NV lawsuit has any evidence behind it. Claims that at least 3K people voted who were dead or out of state. If there's anything to it, I guess we'll know soon enough.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #7302
sabotai
General Manager

By my numbers (which again, are probably a bit off), there are still 120k votes in PA left to count. If those come in 75/25 for Biden, he'll win by 65k.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:02 AM   #7303
PilotMan
Head Coach

It would be one of the largest accounts of documented fraud in history. Not saying it's not plausible, but the probability isn't very high that it is.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Old 11-06-2020, 08:03 AM   #7304
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
You left out

6. Will there be a dual attempt on the lives of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris?

I think this is a fair concern.

Quote:
More US Secret Service agents have been sent to Wilmington, Delaware, in anticipation of a potential Joe Biden presidential win, CNN has learned.

The extra Secret Service agents were sent to Delaware Thursday, two sources said, with one law enforcement source telling CNN, “This was anticipated.”

Some context: Upon a presidential win, the USSS detail for a president-elect would get larger and mirror the size and scope of a president's. Additional airspace security measures are also implemented, a source familiar with USSS protocols said. A team for Biden has been on standby since last week, the source said.

“This is as expected. It’s actually a little bit delayed. It’s not telegraphing any specific concern,” a senior law enforcement official said. The bolstering of security typically happens on election night, the official said, but USSS has played it "cautiously" as the agency does not want seen as making a decision on the election.

On Wednesday, CNN observed additional security assets in Biden’s motorcade consistent with Presidential entourages that are equipped to handle a wide variety of threats and situations and are not part of the typical secret service teams a candidate receives, in addition to Biden’s original detail.

A USSS spokesperson declined to provide additional details, telling CNN, “For operational security reasons, the Secret Service cannot discuss specifically or in general terms the means, methods or resources we utilize to carry out our protective mission.”
Old 11-06-2020, 08:04 AM   #7305
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It would be one of the largest accounts of documented fraud in history. Not saying it's not plausible, but the probability isn't very high that it is.

I'll say it's not plausible.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #7306
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Curious to see if the NV lawsuit has any evidence behind it. Claims that at least 3K people voted who were dead or out of state. If there's anything to it, I guess we'll know soon enough.

Biden's going to win NV by 20k if not more, so even if there are huge issues there (there probably aren't), it won't change the result.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #7307
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
It looks like they are both going to be runoffs, which means it's likely to be 50-48 in the Senate until that happens in January.

Also apparently the Alaska senate seat might still go D though the early in person vote has the R up by 30.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:09 AM   #7308
Edward64
Head Coach

Assuming this plays out well, where it goes through the legal challenge process etc. and maybe/fair chance some allegations end up in SCOTUS but Biden is confirmed, I think this means our election system is functioning well (although I would like a system where ballots and vote counting is quicker). It's an "if" right now because were in uncharted territory with Trump and his drama.

Waiting to see how world leaders react to the likely announcement of president-elect Biden this weekend or early next week. My guess is there will be a sigh of relief in western Europe for sure but what type of public statements will be said (or not) will be interesting.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-06-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:10 AM   #7309
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The party that forgot to campaign in Wisconsin in 2016 did not orchestrate a million+ vote fraud across multiple states in 2020.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:11 AM   #7310
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trumps problem is he thinks if he gives you something you owe him something. Even Fox News is saying the courts aren’t going to help him. It’s over.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #7311
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
There were a lot of surprises this election, but Georgia being to the left of NC is one of the bigger ones for me.

I could have seen them both blue. I could have seen them both red. But if you told me there was going to be a split, I would have never predicted it coming out this way.

This was me, too. Thank you, Georgia!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 11-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #7312
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Also apparently the Alaska senate seat might still go D though the early in person vote has the R up by 30.

Is this for real?

I'm all for giving Biden/Dems control of House and Senate for the first 2 years to remediate some of Trump's actions (and get through a damn holistic immigration bill!) so that would be sweet. After that, I lean towards GOP retaking one Senate or House.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #7313
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
This was me, too. Thank you, Georgia!

SI

Don't know how the wife and son voted, but my daughter and I say yw.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:14 AM   #7314
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 11-06-2020, 08:14 AM   #7315
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Biden's going to win NV by 20k if not more, so even if there are huge issues there (there probably aren't), it won't change the result.

I read the lawsuit. If there's evidence, they didn't show it. In fact, what it looks like to me is a PR move. They made the same general allegations that were in the letter sent on behalf of Trump previously that 3000 dead/OOS voters are voting, plus an argument over the software they are using for signature verification, and then 1 specific voter claim that she went to vote and was told she had already voted.

So there may be something there, but they don't actually have the full evidence, just an allegation that they only felt comfortable filing on behalf of 1 person whose claim, if you follow it to their conclusion, means there is fraud. And not some other reasonable explanation.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-06-2020, 08:17 AM   #7316
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The thing about Alaska is that 44% of the outstanding votes are all mail-in. If they follow the nationwide averages that have broken heavily towards the Democrats, then it could end up being very close. But Alaska is a strange beast.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 11-06-2020, 08:20 AM   #7317
Butter
Coordinator

It's a nice pipe dream, but AK isn't going to be close.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:21 AM   #7318
Butter
Coordinator

cartman, do you have a link to the claim you posted a ways back about Trump increasing his registration and votes by 100% in certain areas? Or where did you hear that?
Old 11-06-2020, 08:21 AM   #7319
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Is this for real?

I'm all for giving Biden/Dems control of House and Senate for the first 2 years to remediate some of Trump's actions (and get through a damn holistic immigration bill!) so that would be sweet. After that, I lean towards GOP retaking one Senate or House.

Yes. I heard on MSNBC they said yesterday that the outstanding vote is almost all mail in and will be 75/25 Dem. I am guessing it will come down to Bill Perdue in Georgia to save your 401K growth in January Edward.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:23 AM   #7320
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
I read the lawsuit. If there's evidence, they didn't show it. In fact, what it looks like to me is a PR move. They made the same general allegations that were in the letter sent on behalf of Trump previously that 3000 dead/OOS voters are voting, plus an argument over the software they are using for signature verification, and then 1 specific voter claim that she went to vote and was told she had already voted.

So there may be something there, but they don't actually have the full evidence, just an allegation that they only felt comfortable filing on behalf of 1 person whose claim, if you follow it to their conclusion, means there is fraud. And not some other reasonable explanation.

Was the claim from the same blind lady they trotted out in front of the cameras? Who may well have in her excitement felt like she'd been done wong and who according to the Registrar actually was offered to vote again if she filed something to the effect (which presumably would trigger an investogation and then void the earlier vote ? Forgive me if i am mixing things up horribly ...)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 11-06-2020, 08:24 AM   #7321
Ksyrup

Jill Stokke is the name. Also a single claim from an observer claiming he was barred access to watch the vote, had nothing to do with fraud or dead people voting.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-06-2020 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:26 AM   #7322
Ksyrup

The general claim is that Clark county is the only county in NV that doesn't hand-verify signatures but uses faulty software and has resulted in thousands illegally voting.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:27 AM   #7323
Ksyrup

So, are we going to be treated to a daily Trump PC from now until January 20th similar to his Covid PCs? Just whining/bitching for an hour and taking OAN questions?
Old 11-06-2020, 08:28 AM   #7324
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
So, are we going to be treated to a daily Trump PC from now until January 20th similar to his Covid PCs? Just whining/bitching for an hour and taking OAN questions?

Pretty sure.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:29 AM   #7325
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Assuming this plays out well, where it goes through the legal challenge process etc. and maybe/fair chance some allegations end up in SCOTUS but Biden is confirmed, I think this means our election system is functioning well (although I would like a system where ballots and vote counting is quicker). It's an "if" right now because were in uncharted territory with Trump and his drama.

Waiting to see how world leaders react to the likely announcement of president-elect Biden this weekend or early next week. My guess is there will be a sigh of relief in western Europe for sure but what type of public statements will be said (or not) will be interesting.

It didn't go quicker because a certain Group Of People tried their hardest to make it difficult to count a certain color of votes.

But I'm sure both sides messed it all up.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:30 AM   #7326
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Yes. I heard on MSNBC they said yesterday that the outstanding vote is almost all mail in and will be 75/25 Dem. I am guessing it will come down to Bill Perdue in Georgia to save your 401K growth in January Edward.

I'm willing to defer 401k/IRA growth for the first 2 years.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:32 AM   #7327
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
It didn't go quicker because a certain Group Of People tried their hardest to make it difficult to count a certain color of votes.

But I'm sure both sides messed it all up.

Honest question why wouldn’t requiring a picture ID nationally to vote be a good idea for every citizen ? As to quicker vote counting yeah that needs to be looked at and standardized for these big elections every two years too.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-06-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:32 AM   #7328
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm willing to defer 401k/IRA growth for the first 2 years.

Good sacrifice. Too bad most of our brethren aren’t willing to give a little at least on the R side.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #7329
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I think that the GOP will win the two GA seats.

Voters love their divided government.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #7330
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I can see Perdue winning, but Warnock has a really good chance against Loeffler.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:37 AM   #7331
Ksyrup

Quote:

It will be fascinating to see in real time which party uses the forensics from this election to their advantage in the run-offs.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:43 AM   #7332
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

The Dems can barely pull off an election, much less the fraud of one. They're just not competent enough.

SI

Old 11-06-2020, 08:44 AM   #7333
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
The general claim is that Clark county is the only county in NV that doesn't hand-verify signatures but uses faulty software and has resulted in thousands illegally voting.

I think almost all of the Trump lawsuits are frivolous, with the exception of this one. Clark County has a population of almost 2 million, and much of it is transient. Haphazardly sending out mail-in ballots to people who don't live there anymore and not having a rigorous signature verification system isn't exactly sound policy.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #7334
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It will be fascinating to see in real time which party uses the forensics from this election to their advantage in the run-offs.

See my above post, always bet on the GOP to be better at it.

SI

Old 11-06-2020, 08:51 AM   #7335
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
The party that forgot to campaign in Wisconsin in 2016 did not orchestrate a million+ vote fraud across multiple states in 2020.

Voter fraud that resulted in a loss of house seats, no senate control, and no state legislatures flipped in a census year.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #7336
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
cartman, do you have a link to the claim you posted a ways back about Trump increasing his registration and votes by 100% in certain areas? Or where did you hear that?

Found where I saw it

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 11-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #7337
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Just look at Miami-Dade county.

In 2016,
Clinton: 624k votes
Trump: 334k votes
Other: 13k

Biden: 617k votes
Trump: 532k votes

200k more votes and all swung for Trump.

I posted this the other day about Miami
Old 11-06-2020, 09:02 AM   #7338
molson
General Manager

So Biden looking good for 306, 2 more than Trump got in 2016.

That's an important margin if it can hold.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:02 AM   #7339
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

CNN reporting a memo went out to FOX News staff saying don't refer to Biden as president elect.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #7340
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status...26322711662592

Stacey Abrams for DNC Chair!
Old 11-06-2020, 09:05 AM   #7341
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
CNN reporting a memo went out to FOX News staff saying don't refer to Biden as president elect.

Isn't that appropriate if Fox hasn't called it?

I've not heard CNN call him that either.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:06 AM   #7342
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Isn't that appropriate if Fox hasn't called it?

I've not heard CNN call him that either.

even after it is called
Old 11-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #7343
Swaggs
Coordinator

Some of the closeness and polling error could be because the Trump campaign did more traditional GOTV (canvassing, rallies, registration drives, etc.), where Biden’s team restricted or altered those things due to coronavirus.

It is also interesting to me to consider that Trump’s loss didn’t really impact or drag down the down ballot Republicans like we thought it might. I think that is a good sign that Trumpism is not quite as rampant as believed. Maybe.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #7344
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
even after it is called

Okay.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #7345
molson
General Manager

I wonder if any of Trump's close losses were caused by him killing too many his voters with COVID.

Last edited by molson : 11-06-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #7346
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
I can see Perdue winning, but Warnock has a really good chance against Loeffler.

My pick as well. Makes sense for a purplish state to split the runoffs, and leave the Senate 51-49 Republican.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #7347
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Some of the closeness and polling error could be because the Trump campaign did more traditional GOTV (canvassing, rallies, registration drives, etc.), where Biden’s team restricted or altered those things due to coronavirus.

That's good to know. Explains why some of the state polls (e.g. Wisconsin and Florida) were off by multiple standard deviations outside of the margin of error. The ABC/Washington Post poll having Biden up by 17 in Wisconsin makes a lot more sense now.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 11-06-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #7348
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I wonder if any of Trump's close losses were caused by him killing too many his voters with COVID.

I think the only one that could be close enough is Georgia: 8300 COVID deaths. The margins are too big elsewhere

SI

Old 11-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #7349
miami_fan
Coordinator

Today’s contribution to “There’s always a tweet.”

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #7350
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/06/media...lan/index.html
Closed Thread