Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-10-2023, 07:56 AM   #7301
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
At this very moment, the greatest minds in the Labour party are scheming to fuck this up.

The one constant among all western liberal parties is how bad they are at politics.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:03 AM   #7302
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
At this very moment, the greatest minds in the Labour party are scheming to fuck this up.

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 09:57 AM   #7303
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Yeah, I think that poll has to be majorly off. Not that Labour isn't in the drivers seat right now, but those numbers are crazy.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 02:00 PM   #7304
GrantDawg

An unidentified flying object was just shot down off the coast of Alaska. They said it was roughly the size of a car. My guess is Chinese not alien origin.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2023, 03:35 PM   #7305
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I, for one, welcome our alien overlords.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:39 PM   #7306
PilotMan
Head Coach

Poor Kodos

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:43 PM   #7307
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Poor Kodos

Hey this is real, he hasn't posted to refute yet
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:58 PM   #7308
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

China must be pissed that we no longer have a President with a daughter trying to get trademarks for her handbags in China.

We keep shooting down their spy shit instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 02-10-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:45 PM   #7309
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
China must be pissed that we no longer have a President with a daughter trying to get trademarks for her handbags in China.

We keep shooting down their spy shit instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

But Hunter's laptop
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 07:50 AM   #7310
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
But Hunter's laptop

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump’s legal team turned over more materials with classified markings and a laptop belonging to an aide to federal prosecutors in recent months, multiple sources familiar with the investigation told CNN.

The Trump attorneys also handed over an empty folder marked “Classified Evening Briefing,” sources said.

Trump team turns over additional classified records and laptop to federal prosecutors | CNN Politics

Every accusation is a confession for the GOP.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 04:14 PM   #7311
GrantDawg

Canada has also shot down an unidentified object and then immediately apologized to it.

Old 02-11-2023, 05:40 PM   #7312
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post

More documents found in Pence's home as well on Friday.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 07:26 PM   #7313
GrantDawg

And now an area of airspace over Montana has been shut down.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:48 PM   #7314
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Any chance of just shutting down Montana?

Just sayin
Old 02-11-2023, 07:58 PM   #7315
Thomkal
Head Coach

Man if only the US had a Space Force...
Old 02-11-2023, 08:15 PM   #7316
GrantDawg

The explanation I have seen of all this is that NORAD has turned off some filters on radar that had ignored these objects in the past. So now we suddenly have all these objects everywhere, but they have actually been around for a long time.

Old 02-11-2023, 08:56 PM   #7317
Edward64
Head Coach

CNN said the US shot down the object over Canada after Trudeau okayed it. There was a Canadian F-16 also but it was the US F-22 that took it down.

I’m sure the rationale will come out soon but just seems a little weird Canada didn’t take it down herself.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 09:11 PM   #7318
GrantDawg

NORAD is a joint command between the US and Canada. So it was shot down by command of Trudeau, but the craft with the better shot took it.

Old 02-11-2023, 09:19 PM   #7319
Edward64
Head Coach

Does shooting down balloons count towards Ace status?

Maverick, Iceman and Hangman may have some competition now.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:34 PM   #7320
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
NORAD is a joint command between the US and Canada. So it was shot down by command of Trudeau, but the craft with the better shot took it.

Basically our Alaska based fighters were closer than their Alberta based fighters and got there first.

Which was just as intended by NORAD.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 09:54 PM   #7321
RainMaker
General Manager

It would be cool if it was aliens but it's probably just a weather balloon. They do a lot of scientific research up there with weather balloons.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 09:54 PM   #7322
RainMaker
General Manager

The bigger story is that the F35 remains worthless.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:45 PM   #7323
GrantDawg

Now the action is over Lake Michigan as an AWACS and tanker (probably fighters as well, but they wouldn't show on radar) circle above the lake. They have not said whether they have a hit or not on radar, but most likely they have and just don't want to speculate until they know what it is. The Montana one yesterday was a false alarm, and I imagine turning down the filters is going to increase the number of false alarms they are going to have to react to with full force till they get a confirmation.
They are also reporting that both UFO's shot down in the last couple of days were balloons. China has been sending these balloons out over the four corners of the earth for awhile it seems. These small ones just didn't get noticed until the big one sort of sold the whole project out. Honestly, kudos to them. Rather ingenious.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:46 PM   #7324
GrantDawg

Dola: Even as a typed that we get confirmation of a balloon shot down over Lake Huron.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:50 PM   #7325
RainMaker
General Manager

This article is from a couple years ago and sort of talks about what is happening.

Adversary Drones Are Spying On The U.S. And The Pentagon Acts Like They're UFOs
Old 02-12-2023, 03:30 PM   #7326
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The explanation I have seen of all this is that NORAD has turned off some filters on radar that had ignored these objects in the past. So now we suddenly have all these objects everywhere, but they have actually been around for a long time.

If I'm reading correctly, the recent ones have been at ~40,000 feet, which poses a threat to commercial aircraft, as I believe most cruising altitudes are 30,000 to maybe 45,000 feet? @PilotMan

It seems unlikely everyone would have been OK with this for years if these were indeed the altitudes the objects were at.

So my guess is the change in operating altitude is what's brought it on. That's presuming that the earlier ones (during the Trump administration) were operating at, say, 60,000 feet+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The bigger story is that the F35 remains worthless.

Yeah, seems like the risk-free mission for which the F-35 was built.
Old 02-12-2023, 03:33 PM   #7327
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I guess another alternative is that NORAD has known exactly what these were for some time and deemed them not a threat, but eventually someone made the call that the public was likely to find out, and so it was decided to start shooting them down.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:10 PM   #7328
GrantDawg

There is no truth to the rumor that the object shot over Lake Huron had "Goodyear" on its side.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:14 PM   #7329
RainMaker
General Manager

Feels like we should be getting more information about these objects by now. Unless it's just to keep attention away from what's going on in Ohio.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:22 PM   #7330
Edward64
Head Coach

I guess it’s obvious it’s not a one shot deal (or mistake) with the multiple UFOs we’ve seen. Likely they are coming from China.

But wonder if we can positively confirm they came from China by backtracking the trade winds, known trajectory (or whatever) and show the satellite tracking.

And so why is China doing this? I read there are advantages in gathering intel in a relatively slow moving balloon that you can maneuver up and down. But you’d still think China would realize that one of these would be taken down and is the intel worth the western condemnation (and embarrassment).

Weird. My guess is something that has been going on for years but Xi didn’t really know the extent. But good initiative by some PLA general.
Old 02-13-2023, 05:21 AM   #7331
Edward64
Head Coach

Per Bloomberg article. Interesting turn of events if true. I’d like to see some evidence first. We’ll definitely lose the moral high ground.

Quote:
US balloons illegally flew over China more than 10 times since the beginning of 2022, according to Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin.

“It is nothing rare for US balloons to illegally enter other country’s airspace,” Wang told reporters at a regular briefing in Beijing on Monday.

“The US needs to reflect upon itself and change its wrong practice,” he added. “We reserve the right to take necessary means to deal with relevant incidents.”

The comments mark the first time China has accused the US of sending balloons over its territory since the American military downed a Chinese machine earlier this month it said was used for surveillance. China had previously said its balloon was designed to research the weather and had inadvertently flown off course.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:23 AM   #7332
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Unless it's just to keep attention away from what's going on in Ohio.

Speaking of which ... The handling of this, including locally, seems weirdly laid back...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-13-2023 at 06:28 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 06:30 AM   #7333
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Per Bloomberg article. Interesting turn of events if true. I’d like to see some evidence first. We’ll definitely lose the moral high ground.
We never had the moral high ground. We spy on everybody all the time. It is the game of international espionage. Everyone does it in any way they can and not be caught publicly. China just got a little brazen here. I guarantee we have capabilities to spy on China that are way more intrusive than floating balloons.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:41 AM   #7334
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

When you read about the Cold War spying era, it seems like 95% of the people working at our embassy were spies, and vice versa for the Soviets.

And it was just understood. We're constantly spying on you. You're constantly spying on us. We catch your people sometimes; you catch ours sometimes. We trade them back and forth. And sometimes the media gets wind of it, and we all have to pretend it is a big deal and not something that happens every day.

This seems just like that.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:44 AM   #7335
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Speaking of which ... The handling of this, including locally, seems weirdly laid back...

Yeah. There's a big cloud of toxic gas, and we aren't really talking about it. And the story isn't being hidden or suppressed. It's just . . . I like your words--"weirdly laid back"
Old 02-13-2023, 07:19 AM   #7336
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

Reporter arrested during news event on Ohio train derailment
Well, the Ohio cops roughed up an arrested a reporter for not stopping his report in time for DeWine to hold his press conference.

This whole thing is a slow-moving superfund site and I think we all know how this plays out. If you live anywhere near there, you've already been exposed to a ton of cancer causing agents. There are going to start being illness clusters over the next few years. But if you lived there and most of your "wealth" is tied up in your home, you can't do anything about it because the value is worthless. But, hey, they offered to buy off these people for $25K, like that would fix all the above problems.

And, somehow, not a single person at that railroad will face any real monetary damages or jail. They might fire an overworked peon or two.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 08:14 PM   #7337
RainMaker
General Manager

“There Will Be More Derailmentsâ€
Old 02-14-2023, 01:40 PM   #7338
Thomkal
Head Coach

Dianne Feinstein won't run for re-election in 2024 opening the door for an Adam Schiff and Katie Porter run for the seat
Old 02-14-2023, 10:12 PM   #7339
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I guess it’s obvious it’s not a one shot deal (or mistake) with the multiple UFOs we’ve seen. Likely they are coming from China.

But wonder if we can positively confirm they came from China by backtracking the trade winds, known trajectory (or whatever) and show the satellite tracking.

Nvm. Admin is saying the +3 are probably benign. I guess good practice with $400k missiles.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:42 AM   #7340
molson
General Manager

Hot Biden from college photo making the rounds. I feel like we don't see as many young photos of him as we did other recent presidents

Spoiler

Oh the ravages of age. And even though I wasn't born quite yet in 1967, it doesn't feel like that long ago. When I was a little kid in the early 80's, it was just the equivalent of maybe 2008 now.

Last edited by molson : 02-15-2023 at 11:50 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:27 PM   #7341
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yesterday my gun loving, maga/libertarian/whateverfitsuseit congressman proposed a bill that was just - The Department of Education will cease to exist as of December 31, 2023.

That was it. No other problems to solve, no other solutions, just that he no longer feels that the government of the country that you were raised in should be responsible, in any way, for the education of it's citizens.

Thomas Massie is a massive hypocrite, and an even bigger douchebag.

Like Steam?

Old 02-16-2023, 01:06 PM   #7342
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Yesterday my gun loving, maga/libertarian/whateverfitsuseit congressman proposed a bill that was just - The Department of Education will cease to exist as of December 31, 2023.

That was it. No other problems to solve, no other solutions, just that he no longer feels that the government of the country that you were raised in should be responsible, in any way, for the education of it's citizens.

Thomas Massie is a massive hypocrite, and an even bigger douchebag.

Where in the constitution does give it the federal government the power to fund or regulate education?
Old 02-16-2023, 02:03 PM   #7343
larrymcg421
Head Coach

General Welfare clause. Necessary and Proper clause.

We are under the Constitution, not the Articles of Confederation.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 02:13 PM   #7344
GrantDawg

I hate he is going through this:
Old 02-16-2023, 02:26 PM   #7345
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 02-16-2023, 02:26 PM   #7346
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm glad that he is getting the treatment he needs

The more famous people who are open about their mental health struggles, the easier it makes it for others to get the treatment they need
Old 02-16-2023, 02:46 PM   #7347
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Where in the constitution does give it the federal government the power to fund or regulate education?

I challenge you to produce a well functioning society without any sort of organized educational system. I promise you it will fail, or be overrun by someone else. Promise. It's the primary investment that the government makes for the future.

Like Steam?

Old 02-16-2023, 03:44 PM   #7348
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 02-16-2023, 03:51 PM   #7349
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I actually don't have a problem with ending venue shopping, the problem is you then have to hope the judges in your state aren't owned by the people you filed suit against.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 04:46 PM   #7350
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I actually don't have a problem with ending venue shopping, the problem is you then have to hope the judges in your state aren't owned by the people you filed suit against.

This ruling would result in venue shopping by corporations. They can pick and choose where they are allowed to be sued. So someone who was sick from the chemical spill in Ohio may have to sue in Alabama which is incredibly costly.