Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #7101
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Am I willing to go to jail to protect Trump?

I bet a lot of people are asking themselves that question.

Clinton would have already had them all killed.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:52 PM   #7102
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
via tweet, transgendered people may no longer serve in any military capacity.

Ok, so this is the exact equivalent of Bart Simpson setting the trash can on fire to create a distraction, right?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politi...ban/index.html
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #7103
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Clinton would have already had them all killed.

The greatest mystery of all may be how Anthony Weiner is still alive.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:33 PM   #7104
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Am I willing to go to jail to protect Trump?

I bet a lot of people are asking themselves that question.

It'll be interesting. I mean Manafort has probably said he won't flip but now he's staring at the rest of his life in prison. For a guy with the taste for million dollar rugs, a few nights in jail might change his opinion.

No honor among thieves.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #7105
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Also how big of a moron do you have to be to join a high profile campaign if you're laundering that kind of money? Why would you not just keep to yourself?
Old 10-30-2017, 03:49 PM   #7106
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:54 PM   #7107
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Also how big of a moron do you have to be to join a high profile campaign if you're laundering that kind of money? Why would you not just keep to yourself?

Because he didn't want to be on the wrong end of a meeting with a friend of Putin?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #7108
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Because he didn't want to be on the wrong end of a meeting with a friend of Putin?

It is a question that needs to be answered. Why offer to join the campaign, without payment, knowing that doing so would shine a light on all your questionable activities?
Old 10-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #7109
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Or do you even realize what you're actually doing, when everyone you know is probably doing the same thing? That's just normal.

Like Steam?

Old 10-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #7110
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Last edited by mckerney : 10-30-2017 at 04:03 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #7111
Edward64
Head Coach

Enjoying seeing Trump getting all worked up and others on his team sweating.

But TBH, I still don't see any "collusion" re: Trump. I certainly believe lower levels getting involved but don't see any evidence that Trump was personally involved and if there is any connection.

Can someone explain what rises to a level of "collusion"? Is it "sure Manafort, go see what dirt they have" vs. "sure Manafort, ask them if they can hack the polls in our favor"?
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #7112
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Enjoying seeing Trump getting all worked up and others on his team sweating.

But TBH, I still don't see any "collusion" re: Trump. I certainly believe lower levels getting involved but don't see any evidence that Trump was personally involved and if there is any connection.

Can someone explain what rises to a level of "collusion"? Is it "sure Manafort, go see what dirt they have" vs. "sure Manafort, ask them if they can hack the polls in our favor"?

Collusion isn't a crime. The question is whether the Trump campaign broke US Election laws, campaign finance laws, and/or conspired with a foreign government to interfere in the election.

There are very likely more indictments to come. I seriously doubt these indictments touch the most serious charges we'll see from this.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #7113
PilotMan
Head Coach

Re: Edward's post.

It's thinking like that, that kept bank heads from being arrested after the meltdown, even though they were clearly involved reaping the benefits, bonuses and profits form doing it.

Are we supposed to believe that Trump is that aloof in his candidacy that literally everyone around him might be in on it but him?

Personally, I'm not making any judgements about what had been revealed this far. I'm very pessimistic that it'll amount to anything and I need to see where all this leads before calling for action. So far there's not enough, but it's heading in the right direction and i believe the people in charge of the investigation might actually be willing to put the county and their objective morality ahead of any politics. I'm willing to accept the outcomes they determine at this point, one way or the other.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 10-30-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:05 PM   #7114
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump knows his financial dealings are dirty as fuck. He's already been busted for fraud and money laundering, and I bet that isn't anywhere close to the worst of it.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #7115
bronconick
College Starter

Carter Page went on MSNBC to tell everyone how important he is and how busy he is to not worry about Russian collusion, and that no, he doesn't have a lawyer.

Hwat.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #7116
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Carter Page went on MSNBC to tell everyone how important he is and how busy he is to not worry about Russian collusion, and that no, he doesn't have a lawyer.

Hwat.

That interview was brutal. His strategy has to be that he is trying to convince Mueller he is too dumb to be involved in any criminal action.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:07 PM   #7117
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I expect Trump will be taken down for something minor to do with his finances or such, much like a mob boss being done for dodging taxes ... it'll hardly be all he's done, but its what they can get to stick which counts ..
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #7118
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump knows his financial dealings are dirty as fuck. He's already been busted for fraud and money laundering, and I bet that isn't anywhere close to the worst of it.

There's all those people he never paid for their services...not to mention the tax thing. I wonder how many madames he's stiffed (no pun intended) at the local brothel.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:53 AM   #7119
Thomkal
Head Coach

1. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
    ....came to the campaign. Few people knew the young, low level volunteer named George, who has already proven to be a liar. Check the DEMS!

2. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

The Fake News is working overtime. As Paul Manaforts lawyer said, there was "no collusion" and events mentioned took place long before he...
So no collusion yet young George, whom you named a foreign policy advisor to the Washington Post, and briefed your national security team (we even have the video of he at a meeting of that) is a person few people knew...

Keep on living the fantasy Donald...

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-31-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:03 AM   #7120
digamma
Torchbearer

Well, the other question is simply..."Remind me what he lied about, Mr. President."
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:11 AM   #7121
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
As Paul Manaforts lawyer said, there was "no collusion"

Because that's the greatest voice of truth, the lawyer of the accused.

(Didn't believe the lawyer(s) of the Central Park Five now, did he.)
Old 10-31-2017, 09:55 AM   #7122
Atocep
Coordinator

The GOP obsession with Hilary is almost as fascinating as the Trump presidency. I don't recall the loser of a presidential election still being attacked on a daily basis by the winner nearly a year after the fact ever.

Fox News referring to the "Hilary Administration" sums up the GOP approach at the moment. Keep the boogeyman real.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:03 AM   #7123
molson
General Manager

I still don't understand why Trump and so many of his supporters think an investigation into the Trump administration's ties with Russia, and Russia's influence in the election, would randomly result in a Hillary Clinton indictment. Of course, Trump also has stated in the past that he thinks the Supreme Court somehow has jurisdiction to investigate and charge Clinton, so I guess the answer to this question, and many others, is just that he's a mentally diminished individual.

Last edited by molson : 10-31-2017 at 10:04 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:06 AM   #7124
digamma
Torchbearer

It's easier to be the opposition when you have someone in power to take down. Continuing to treat HRC as some kind of shadow president or influencer is the only way to continue that role.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:10 AM   #7125
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The GOP obsession with Hilary is almost as fascinating as the Trump presidency. I don't recall the loser of a presidential election still being attacked on a daily basis by the winner nearly a year after the fact ever.

Fox News referring to the "Hilary Administration" sums up the GOP approach at the moment. Keep the boogeyman real.

Must get bored with golfing all the time, he needs other things to keep him busy. Toddlers cant just do one thing for very long without getting bored.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:15 AM   #7126
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
It's easier to be the opposition when you have someone in power to take down. Continuing to treat HRC as some kind of shadow president or influencer is the only way to continue that role.

It's pretty clear the current administration had no plan once they won. They don't know how to do anything other than continue to campaign against Hilary.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:19 AM   #7127
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
It's pretty clear the current administration had no plan once they won. They don't know how to do anything other than continue to campaign against Hilary.

They didn’t expect to win
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:21 AM   #7128
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

That's exactly what they were planning to do after the election. Why change now?

Like Steam?

Old 10-31-2017, 10:34 AM   #7129
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Trump is about as charismatic as Roger Goodell. How he was able to get anything across to millions of Americans and get elected is beyond me.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:52 AM   #7130
Thomkal
Head Coach

Now Papadopplous was just a "coffee boy" good lord

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/politi...ntv/index.html
Old 10-31-2017, 10:53 AM   #7131
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Trump is about as charismatic as Roger Goodell. How he was able to get anything across to millions of Americans and get elected is beyond me.

Nah, he has like the most charisma. Of like all time. All time charisma.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:57 AM   #7132
Atocep
Coordinator

'Kill them all' -- Russian-linked Facebook accounts called for violence - Oct. 31, 2017

And Russia isn't our primary threat.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #7133
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Doesn't really matter what his role is or who knew him, it's what he knows, if anything. We still have a long way to go with this investigation.

Trumps supporters and Fox News seem to be taking these indictments more seriously than Dems are. Everyone knew this was coming, pretty much ever since Trump distanced himself from Manafort months ago. In the larger scheme of things, doesn't mean much unless this is indeed the first domino to fall. Which remains to be seen.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:06 PM   #7134
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Now might be a good time to remember that Trump fired Comey, told a reporter on camera he did it because of the Russia investigation, and told the Russian Ambassador and Foreign Secretary that he did it so as to have more freedom to work with Russia.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:16 PM   #7135
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

man this hard to wrap my head around. if there is not a smoking gun (email) then trump seems to be in the clear?

I guess it may come down to each sides ability to spin it (good luck dems).

The biggest takeaway, most historical one, may be: when presented with the possibility of known illegally obtained information from the evil empire many members of presidential election campaign choose to pursue it rather than putting America first and reporting the legitimate threat on American democracy...?

Last edited by AENeuman : 10-31-2017 at 01:17 PM.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:05 PM   #7136
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
man this hard to wrap my head around. if there is not a smoking gun (email) then trump seems to be in the clear?

This is REALLY early days - in all honesty I'm amazed that there has been visible progress this early on, Watergate took years to come to the fore ... I'm expecting much more to come out in due course, whether it involves Trump or not, no idea .... frankly I'm expecting him to go down due to financial irregularities which are nothing to do with Russia.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:15 PM   #7137
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now might be a good time to remember that Trump fired Comey, told a reporter on camera he did it because of the Russia investigation, and told the Russian Ambassador and Foreign Secretary that he did it so as to have more freedom to work with Russia.

He also asked the Russians to hack Hilary's e-mail and post the e-mail. Even said they'd be rewarded. All this at a live campaign rally.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:19 PM   #7138
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post

The collusion will be hard to prove. His defense will be that he was just an idiot who didn't know what all his people were doing under his nose. Not the best look but it can work.

I think his biggest concern will be with the firing of Comey. Lot easier to show he obstructed justice. None of it likely matters with Republicans in power but that would be the way he goes down in my opinion if we had a Congress who cared about rule of law.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:21 PM   #7139
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Tax reform seems off to a bumpy start. Corker doesn't want to raise the debt with it. Collins won't vote for anything that cuts taxes on millionaires and eliminates the estate tax. And Rand won't vote for a bill that raises taxes on the middle class like this one.

This seems much easier than health care though so I imagine a deal could be made.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:31 PM   #7140
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Tax reform seems off to a bumpy start. Corker doesn't want to raise the debt with it. Collins won't vote for anything that cuts taxes on millionaires and eliminates the estate tax. And Rand won't vote for a bill that raises taxes on the middle class like this one.

This seems much easier than health care though so I imagine a deal could be made.

I'm amazed anyone actually thought a billionaire that made his money off of the system was going to come in help the middle class. He was going to fix health care for the middle class despite not having a clue what people actually pay. He was going to come in a help the middle class with tax reform despite having a direct interest in making sure the top 0.5% are taken care of.

Huckabee Sanders reading a forward from grandma to explain why they're helping top earners was embarrassing even for this administration.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #7141
PilotMan
Head Coach

Food for thought, and stolen from someone on Deadspin:

What are the odds that Trump would be able to recite the entire “Star-Spangled Banner” on the spot? Basic parameters: the challenge is given live on TV, and must follow promptly. He has no advance knowledge of this, so he has no time for prep.

Like Steam?

Old 10-31-2017, 10:20 PM   #7142
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

It's easier because tax "reform" can be muddled into passage that people are pretty meh on while health care was a simple "gut my health care to give rich folks money".
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #7143
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
It's easier because tax "reform" can be muddled into passage that people are pretty meh on while health care was a simple "gut my health care to give rich folks money".

Plus everyone usually votes in favor of getting their taxes cut even if it fucks over the next few generations.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #7144
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/pro...ase-1509618203

Quote:
The Justice Department has identified more than six members of the Russian government involved in hacking the Democratic National Committee’s computers and swiping sensitive information that became public during the 2016 presidential election, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Prosecutors and agents have assembled evidence to charge the Russian officials and could bring a case next year, these people said. Discussions about the case are in the early stages, they said.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #7145
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm not sure how this benefits me right now but assume my taxes will be reduced. Have to talk to the accountant.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...xes-2017-11-02
Quote:
House Republicans on Thursday unveiled the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, new legislation that would cut corporate taxes and repeal taxes paid by large estates. Though the bill now has a long journey into becoming law, here are the highlights on the impact on individual taxes.

• There will be four tax rates: 12%, 25%, 35% and 39.6%. For single people, the brackets will be up to $45,000, up to $200,000, up to $500,000 and over $500,000, and for married people, those brackets will be up to $90,000, up to $260,000, up to $1 million and over $1 million.

The standard deduction would be hiked from $6,350 to $12,000 for individuals and $12,700 to $24,000 for married couples. But there will be no personal exemptions.

• The child tax credit will be hiked to $1,600 from $1,000 per child, and there will be a credit of $300 for each parent to help with expenses.

• The mortgage interest deduction will be preserved for existing mortgages but capped at $500,000 for newly purchased homes.

• State and local income taxes will not be able to be deducted, but state and local property taxes will be, up to $10,000.

• Despite intense debate, there doesn’t appear to be any change to 401(k) and Individual Retirement Accounts.

• The alternative minimum tax is repealed.

• The estate tax exemption will be doubled, and in six years, will be repealed.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #7146
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Whoo boy...Donna Brazille spills the dirt on HRC

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ks-2016-215774

Quote:
“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?”

Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #7147
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Nominate Bernie...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:43 AM   #7148
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'm not sure how this benefits me right now but assume my taxes will be reduced. Have to talk to the accountant.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...xes-2017-11-02

Wow. I am going off just the bullet points but as a middle of the road middle class family (that ends up with the standard deduction) we would see substantial savings on that.

Maybe a dumb question but when does a tax plan take effect? It would have to be for the next tax year right because of deductions/spending already accrued for 2017? Or would it just be here you go next April 15?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:52 AM   #7149
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess if I save in the long run it's fine, but repealing the ability to deduct state income taxes is flat-out bullshit
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #7150
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Wow. I am going off just the bullet points but as a middle of the road middle class family (that ends up with the standard deduction) we would see substantial savings on that.

Maybe a dumb question but when does a tax plan take effect? It would have to be for the next tax year right because of deductions/spending already accrued for 2017? Or would it just be here you go next April 15?

It probably depends upon the wording but I'm guessing it would be for the 2017 tax year.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote