Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2017, 09:02 AM   #7051
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The contract got leaked, and here are some of the details:

Over 400$ per diem per employee.

The Puerto Rican government agrees to waive any claims related to "delayed completion of the work."

Whitefish is not subject to audit from any government entity related to how much they charge or how much they spend.

Can we refill the swamp?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:02 AM   #7052
Thomkal
Head Coach

So anyone hazard a guess as to the content of the JFK files after promising all week, Trump decided he couldn't release at the last second?

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-27-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #7053
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I saw this commercial yesterday I think on CNN, by some guy I never heard of calling for Trump's impeachment. Trump has certainly heard of him and wasted no time in getting out a bullying tweet about it:

Trump slams 'unhinged' billionaire Steyer after impeachment ad | Fox News
Old 10-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #7054
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

The Puerto Rican government agrees to waive any claims related to "delayed completion of the work."

Whitefish is not subject to audit from any government entity related to how much they charge or how much they spend.

Andy Techmanski (Whitefish founder) for President!

That man knows the art of a deal.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #7055
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Orrin Hatch is retiring.

That has to be Romeny's if he wants it.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #7056
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Apparently Romney has privately told people that he will run for that Senate seat if Hatch does resign (which isn't official yet, but seems to what Hatch has been telling folks). Trump has gotta just loooove this .
Old 10-27-2017, 01:15 PM   #7057
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Apparently Romney has privately told people that he will run for that Senate seat if Hatch does resign (which isn't official yet, but seems to what Hatch has been telling folks). Trump has gotta just loooove this .

LOL, he's gonna need a cabinet position to manage his twitter attacks shortly.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #7058
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In an interview with New York Magazine, Grimm mentioned meeting Trump at his Trump Tower office and recalled being awestruck by the President’s hands and physical size in general.

“I remember saying to myself, I never realized what a large man — I mean stature-wise, he’s a big man, with massive hands,” Grimm said. He then outstretched his own hands in demonstration as he explained, “I don’t have small hands, but when I shook hands with him, the first time I shook hands with him, I realized he was a big man.”

The former congressman emphatically claimed that he was being completely honest. “I thought he had a big, strong grip. I’m dead serious,” he insisted.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?
Old 10-27-2017, 03:15 PM   #7059
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Talk about an in depth interview, SMH.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #7060
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
“People say we have the best relationship of any president-president, because he’s called president also,” he went on to say. “Now some people might call him the king of China. But he’s called president.”

The best words.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #7061
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It sounds like Grimm wants to fuck him.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #7062
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That is one hell of a per diem. Not sure I could find a way to spend that in PR if I tried.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #7063
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Get the popcorn ready!

Exclusive: First charges filed in Mueller investigation
Old 10-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #7064
molson
General Manager

I see everyone's odds of being charged in 2017 have gone up on PredictIt. None more than Manafort though. It was 26 cents for a Yes yesterday and now it's 73.

Last edited by molson : 10-27-2017 at 08:18 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #7065
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

wow have to say I'm a little surprised they came this early.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #7066
molson
General Manager

I could see smaller fish now, perhaps those with slam dunk cases who may be ready to provide new evidence in exchange for leniency, and then big fish later.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #7067
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I could see smaller fish now, perhaps those with slam dunk cases who may be ready to provide new evidence in exchange for leniency, and then big fish later.

I think that's the way it's going to happen too. Kinda will be a bummer if no "big names" are ever charged with something. Facebook commenters meanwhile run the gamut from Obama and Hillary to the whole Trump administration and Trump himself. Get a grip people, geez.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:02 PM   #7068
Atocep
Coordinator

Should be interesting. It sounds like multiple people are getting hit in the first wave and you can tell the GOP is getting nervous by the attacks on Mueller since the news broke. The same guy Fox news was praising when he was named special investigator.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #7069
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I see everyone's odds of being charged in 2017 have gone up on PredictIt. None more than Manafort though. It was 26 cents for a Yes yesterday and now it's 73.

My (figurative) money is on Manafort, if only because of that no-knock raid that happened to his house a while back.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:47 PM   #7070
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And they told him that it was pretty much a guarantee he was going to be indicted.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-an-indictment

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-28-2017 at 08:48 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:52 PM   #7071
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

http://apne.ws/0lHQQB2

Quote:
Puerto Rico’s governor on Sunday demanded that the board of the island’s power company cancel the $300M contract with Whitefish Energy Holdings amid increased scrutiny of the Montana company’s role in Hurricane Maria recovery efforts.

The announcement by Gov. Ricardo Rossello comes as federal legislators seek to investigate the contract awarded to the small company from Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s hometown.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #7072
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
That is one hell of a per diem. Not sure I could find a way to spend that in PR if I tried.

Come on man. There are very easy ways to spend that much money on an island full of beautiful women
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:49 PM   #7073
PilotMan
Head Coach

Lol

hxxps://splinternews.com/shockingly-trump-s-attack-on-michael-moore-backfires-1819951259

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:43 PM   #7074
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I know it's been called out several times on this board yet we still mostly fall for it. The media will fall for it every single time and his lemming followers will lap it up every single...OMG TRUMP JUST INSULTED SOMEONE ON TWITTER. LET'S SPEND DAYS TALKING ABOUT IT.
Personally, I've come to believe that all major news outlets are in cahoots with Trump's peeps: FOX, MSNBC, CNN... all of them. The so-called "liberal" news media will go bananas on something like Kellyanne Conway sitting with her legs on a couch, "covfefe", Trump calling NFL players "sons of bitches," etc., and the so-called "conservative" media will talk about how the "MSM" is attacking Trump, and so f-ing forth... all the while distracting people from the real issues. (I've also fallen for it many times, I'll admit.)

If you think about it, the owner of every major network is a huge corporation that has a lot to gain from Republican policies and having Trump in the White House. So they get together and figure out how to use their networks to divide the American people. "OK, you take care of the left, we'll take care of the right, and we'll pit them against each other. And while they're not looking, we'll pass some sweet legislation. Ah, the power of the media."
Old 10-30-2017, 12:14 AM   #7075
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

I think 99% is click bait. I’m positive more people clicked on Conway sitting on the couch than the Pairs climate accord passing. We are given mostly newsy stuff because each of these networks have created a business model around it. It’s obvious trump gets clicks, no matter what he does. I imagine each network knows exactly how much they make on each type of trump story they run.

I remember ted kobbel saying this about oj and nightline - they tried to do other things, but no cared and whenever they did anything oj ratings jumped.

What would be interesting is what would the news be like this year if every site was subscription based, not click based.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:19 AM   #7076
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Manafort to turn himself in to Mueller, source says - CNNPolitics
Old 10-30-2017, 07:25 AM   #7077
Logan
Head Coach

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #7078
Ben E Lou

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-30-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:21 AM   #7079
molson
General Manager

The news media never likes to link to the actual charging documents (or applicable statute, or appellate opinion, etc) for whatever reason, so here it is.

(The link title hasn't changed yet from "Access Denied", but it's been unsealed and it can be accessed via the DOJ site through that link).

Access Denied

1 count of Conspiracy Against the United States
1 count of Conspiracy to Launder Money
7 counts of Failure to File Reports of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts
1 count of being an Unregistered Agent of a Foreign Principal
1 count of False or Misleading FARA Statements
1 count of False Statements in a matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United State

Edit: The conspiracy stuff sounds the worst, but that first charge only means he's charged with conspiring with someone else to commit any federal crime. If you conspire with one or more other people to dump trash in a national park, for example, you could be charged with both the dumping, and with a separate crime for "Conspiracy Against the United States". In this case, the charge 1 is tied with the later charges, but counts as an extra charge with a five year maximum because of the conspiracy. The most serious charge here, based only on maximum sentence, is the conspiracy to launder money charge, which has a 20 year max. The other charges have 5 or 10 year maxes.

Last edited by molson : 10-30-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:24 AM   #7080
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Smart move by Mueller. This first indictment is (1) not against any of the MAGA core players (Trump, Trump family members, Bannon, etc.), (2) not casting doubt on the election outcome, and (3) for financial crimes that it's hard for anyone to defend. Pretty much just taking money you shouldn't and failing to report it or pay taxes on it.

That makes it really hard for the GOP to attack it. Which starts to set an expectation that Muller's indictments will be respected.

If he had come out of the gates with indicting Don Jr. for colluding with Russia to swing the election, you would have had a ton of pushback right from the beginning.

If Mueller has more politically explosive moves to come, this was a great way to start to lay the groundwork to get those out eventually.

[Obvious caveat. I have no idea what people did and did not do. The post above assumes Trump team collusion with hostile foreign powers. It could be that Muller investigates and some financial self-dealing by non-core folks is the most he finds.]
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:25 AM   #7081
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
The news media never likes to link to the actual charging documents (or applicable statute, or appellate opinion, etc) for whatever reason, so here it is.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1007271/download

Thanks. Pisses me off that they never do that. Putting a link at the bottom of the story in 2017 is costless.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #7082
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Smart move by Mueller. This first indictment is (1) not against any of the MAGA core players (Trump, Trump family members, Bannon, etc.), (2) not casting doubt on the election outcome, and (3) for financial crimes that it's hard for anyone to defend. Pretty much just taking money you shouldn't and failing to report it or pay taxes on it.

Those "Conspiracy against the United States" and Unregistered Agent of a Foreign Principal" charges aren't just financial related.

Manafort seems to be the one garnering most of the attention from the press, but Rick Gates is probably the more interesting of the two. Gates was a partner of Manafort, worked with the Trump campaign throughout, and was on the Inauguration committee before joining a Trump PAC afterwards. He quit in March due to scrutiny he was getting internally for his ties to Manafort, but has been regularly seen at the White House as he now works for Trump mega-booster, Tom Barrack.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:08 AM   #7083
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The phrase conspired, "together with others," seems likely to get a lot of attention.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:11 AM   #7084
Thomkal
Head Coach

Looks like they went after Manafort and Gates now because the statute of limitations runs out tomorrow with the tax charges apparently. Nothing mentioned about the Trump campaign in these charges as well.

...pardons in 5.4.3.2...
...fires Mueller in 5.4.3.2...
Old 10-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #7085
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Manafort didn't seem to cover his tracks well. Reading through the indictment they found a bunch of old e-mails and documents in the no-knock warrant that he claimed didn't exist. He laundered money through an antique rug store and some clothing stores.

Even got AirBNB ins't the mix. Never really thought of it before but I wonder how often things like AirBNB get used to launder money.

Anyways, the people aligned with this guy care about kneeling during the anthem a lot because it's unpatriotic.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #7086
Logan
Head Coach

Old 10-30-2017, 09:37 AM   #7087
Ben E Lou

"But her emails"

"Lock her up"

Old 10-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #7088
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

This is worse news for Trump than the Manafort thing. This means Papadopolous is cooperating with the feds.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:43 AM   #7089
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
This is worse news for Trump than the Manafort thing. This means Papadopolous is cooperating with the feds.

Yup. Muller gets everyone to look at Manafort (bright, shiny!).

Meanwhile, this is passing under the radar, even as it is likely to have much more impact long-term.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:46 AM   #7090
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

"Following his arrest, defendant PAPADOPOULOS met with the Government on numerous occasions to provide information and answer questions."

For anyone who would like to see it spelled out.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:52 AM   #7091
Ben E Lou

I'm no lawyerin' type, but this sure looks like "collusion" to me:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...nt-Offense.pdf

Quote:
"Following his arrest, defendant PAPADOPOULOS met with the Government on numerous occasions to provide information and answer questions."
Any chance that "what did the President know and when did he know it?" would be among those questions...
Old 10-30-2017, 09:54 AM   #7092
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
"But her emails"

"Lock her up"

You missed the tweet after that:

..Also, there is NO COLLUSION!

Old 10-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #7093
cuervo72
Head Coach

Webster's dad??
Old 10-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #7094
Ben E Lou

Quote:

For anyone who would like to see it spelled out.
I missed the date on this initially. He was arrested in July. He has been cooperating for 3+ months and it's just coming out now.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #7095
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I missed the date on this initially. He was arrested in July. He has been cooperating for 3+ months and it's just coming out now.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #7096
Logan
Head Coach

Next time just save us all some time and type out "we need to cover our asses"

Old 10-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #7097
Ben E Lou

So the interview in which Papadopolous lied to the FBI occurred during the day on January 27th.

That same evening, the President asked the FBI Director for a loyalty pledge.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #7098
Atocep
Coordinator

Popadopolous was a deep state plant. Manafort going down is all part of Trump getting Hilary locked up. (things you learn on the_Donald)

Last edited by Atocep : 10-30-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #7099
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Am I willing to go to jail to protect Trump?

I bet a lot of people are asking themselves that question.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #7100
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

There's a lot of speculation as to whether "proactively cooperate" means that Pap wore a wire.