Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2023, 02:55 PM   #651
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The opposite of loving the Patriots isn't hating the Patriots.

It's not caring about them.

They haven't really given folks a reason to care about them (Not just losing, but being BAD, Stupid and losing)
Old 10-08-2023, 03:08 PM   #652
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Lots of New England fans already gone. I guess it’s what have you done for me lately.

TV gave up on them too-went to Steelers/Ravens game here
Old 10-08-2023, 03:09 PM   #653
Thomkal
Head Coach

So got to see my bandwagon team the Lions play today against the Panthers. Glad I chose wisely. Go Lions
Old 10-08-2023, 03:11 PM   #654
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Stellar win for Detroit when you consider their injuries. Beats the snot out of last year's 'We should beat Carolina but how about we let them run for 400 yards instead' showing. Next two games @ Tampa Bay and @ Baltimore will be interesting. Expect to lose one, but as long as they don't lose both it's fine. Frankly they should win most of the rest of their schedule if they don't trip over their tails, that of course being an if of seismic proportions.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-08-2023 at 03:12 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 03:15 PM   #655
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Stellar win for Detroit when you consider their injuries. Beats the snot out of last year's 'We should beat Carolina but how about we let them run for 400 yards instead' showing. Next two games @ Tampa Bay and @ Baltimore will be interesting. Expect to lose one, but as long as they don't lose both it's fine. Frankly they should win most of the rest of their schedule if they don't trip over their tails, that of course being an if of seismic proportions.

I don't see Mitch Trubisky on the schedule so you guys should be fine.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 04:59 PM   #656
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
The fanbase of the loser of Saints/Pats this weekend is going to spiral down badly. Someone will come out of that game with a "We couldn't even beat them?" feeling.

Maybe it will be a 0-0 tie.
You were 50% spot on!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 06:18 PM   #657
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And again refs refuse to call penalties on the Chiefs in the last minutes of the game
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 06:18 PM   #658
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Arizona Cards miss an extra point bahaha!
Old 10-08-2023, 06:19 PM   #659
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Good day for Chase fantasy owners!
Old 10-08-2023, 06:29 PM   #660
Galaril
Pro Starter

The Broncos LMFAO.
The Jets got revenge for Hacket on the Broncos Coach talking shit.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 06:33 PM   #661
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm guessing Payton feeds Wilson to the Chiefs on Thursday and then Stidham takes over. This team is awful. Apparently they'll be looking to trade most of the decent pieces away, stock up on picks, and start from scratch.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-08-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 06:44 PM   #662
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Devon Achane has 460 yards rushing this season... on 38 carries.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 07:01 PM   #663
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I guess Jamarr is always fucking open.
Old 10-08-2023, 07:16 PM   #664
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Good day for Chase fantasy owners!

Yes thank the Cards for not covering him all day
Old 10-08-2023, 08:44 PM   #665
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
It won’t matter in 50 years, but Belichick is shitting on his legacy just so he can limp across the finish line and catch Shula

Are we sure he is going to catch George Halas? He needs 19 wins to move into second place before he can work on catching Shula.

I am kind of obsessed with NFL coaching staffs at the moment and the Patriots staff seems underwhelming. How does Belichick have not one but two sons on his staff? If Jerod Mayo is a possible heir to Belichick's job why is he sharing linebacker coaching duties with Steve Belichick? The staff is also small when compared to other staffs.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 09:37 PM   #666
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So got to see my bandwagon team the Lions play today against the Panthers. Glad I chose wisely. Go Lions

Very solid win. It’s the kind of win good teams have when they’re playing an 0-4 team with a rookie quarterback. We haven’t seen many games like that.

I hope you’re finding the bandwagon comfortable and to your liking. We’re happy to have you aboard!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 09:53 PM   #667
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Very solid win. It’s the kind of win good teams have when they’re playing an 0-4 team with a rookie quarterback. We haven’t seen many games like that.

I hope you’re finding the bandwagon comfortable and to your liking. We’re happy to have you aboard!

No splinters so far
Old 10-08-2023, 09:56 PM   #668
kingfc22
Head Coach

Cowboys getting demolished. Just hate to see it.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:08 AM   #669
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Cowboys XRay Machine for MVP
Old 10-09-2023, 02:11 AM   #670
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Nice Foxy boxing near the end of 2nd quarter when 49er jabs a cowboy in the face. Just straight up punches him lol

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-09-2023 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:12 AM   #671
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

see chiefs? it's possible to win games without the need to pay off the refs
Old 10-09-2023, 02:14 AM   #672
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
The Broncos LMFAO.
The Jets got revenge for Hacket on the Broncos Coach talking shit.

jets and broncos was an horror movie for those that had the stomach to watch
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:26 AM   #673
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

man that 49ers team is SOOOOOOOOO good. both defenses were great but SF just have SOOOOOO many weapons...esp so many running weapons. If I had a fantasy team I'd pick up every SF back I could. They can run and screen pass all day long.

Monster day for Purdy

lol Picks all day long for Prescott. Wah wahhhhhhhh
Old 10-09-2023, 08:50 AM   #674
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 09:50 AM   #675
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Yeah, I think this debate is settled.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-09-2023, 10:10 AM   #676
tzach
High School JV

i think it's easier for a HOF QB to win without a HOF coach (let's say manning with kubiak/fox/caldwell, brady with arians) than the opposite (reid with mcnabb, belichick sans brady, rodgers with mccarthy).
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:19 AM   #677
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

I could see the Lions losing a home playoff game to the Cowboys or the Seahawks (take the over). I think in those scenarios, the season could still be considered a success. A home playoff loss however to an NFC South team, or the Packers, would mean the season was still a failure.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:25 AM   #678
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You can't win consistently in the NFL without a good QB. I mean Zach Taylor is 26-20-1 with Joe Burrow and 3-19 without him.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:26 AM   #679
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, I think this debate is settled.

Pats will bottom out and draft Caleb Williams who will drag Belichick to a Super Bowl.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:25 AM   #680
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I could see the Lions losing a home playoff game to the Cowboys or the Seahawks (take the over). I think in those scenarios, the season could still be considered a success. A home playoff loss however to an NFC South team, or the Packers, would mean the season was still a failure.

Yeah. While it's super early still, a home playoff game against Seattle or the Cowboys seems most likely at this point. The Lions could be the #3 seed behind the 49ers and Eagles. The Cowboys and the Seahawks seem the most likely candidates to be the top two wildcard teams.

Seattle has been Detroit's cryptonite the last three years - the Lions defense really struggles against Gino Smith and whatever Seattle does. The Cowboys are really good, but I think the Lions, at home, could be beat them.

Winning the NFC North for the first time (winning the NFC Central/North for the first time since 1993) and hosting a playoff game would be huge and a big step for the organization. There are many X-Factors to play out over the next 12-13 weeks, but it would be tough to lose that home playoff game. No shame, however, losing to the Eagles or 49ers on the road.
Old 10-09-2023, 12:08 PM   #681
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzach View Post
i think it's easier for a HOF QB to win without a HOF coach (let's say manning with kubiak/fox/caldwell, brady with arians) than the opposite (reid with mcnabb, belichick sans brady, rodgers with mccarthy).

I think the list of HOF head coaches who did not coach HOF QBs include just Parcells and Gibbs. I think you can include George Allen and Steve Owen for HOFers at QB2.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 10-09-2023, 12:31 PM   #682
bronconick
College Starter

Emmanuel Moseley came back from a left Torn ACL last season week 5 and tore his right ACL after a few plays
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:33 PM   #683
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Emmanuel Moseley came back from a left Torn ACL last season week 5 and tore his right ACL after a few plays

I saw when he got hurt and I was hoping it wasn't going to be anything major this time. Sad story.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:00 PM   #684
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

On the Brady-Belichick thing, I've always thought it was weird for people to insist on making it 'either-or'. There's been a lot of discussions about things like how much good coaching helps a young quarterback develop (*cough* Tua *cough*), obviously it's important for them to have a certain amount of weapons to throw to and a line that's at least passable, etc.

It's not one or the other IMO, it's both. Any great dynasty needs both coaching and players. You don't get there without both elements.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:13 PM   #685
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

On the Lions, I won't count it a success unless they win a playoff game. They were almost a playoff team last year; getting in and losing at the first hurdle isn't enough of a step up. If that happened I would call it a passable season, but not a successful one. They need to win one game. Not make the Super Bowl or anything, but they need to win one.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:16 PM   #686
RainMaker
General Manager

I think it's kind of silly to assume it was one or the other. Coaches over time sometimes just fall out of touch with the modern game.

I think the biggest issue with the Pats is that their talent evaluation is bad. They keep missing in the draft and this team should have way more talent when you consider they have a QB on a rookie deal. Maybe it's a situation where Bellichek takes a step back from that aspect.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:22 PM   #687
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
On the Brady-Belichick thing, I've always thought it was weird for people to insist on making it 'either-or'. There's been a lot of discussions about things like how much good coaching helps a young quarterback develop (*cough* Tua *cough*), obviously it's important for them to have a certain amount of weapons to throw to and a line that's at least passable, etc.

It's not one or the other IMO, it's both. Any great dynasty needs both coaching and players. You don't get there without both elements.

I just remember how much time I wasted on this board debating with people who insisted Brady was overrated and just a system QB, at least during the first part of the dynasty. Now he's almost universally beloved. That's kind of cool though, and weird.

Last edited by molson : 10-09-2023 at 06:30 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:29 PM   #688
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Not beloved in my house. Never. His name is used as a curse-word, or one to be spat upon.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:59 PM   #689
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I just remember how much time I wasted on this board debating with people who insisted Brady was overrated and just a system QB, at least during the first part of the dynasty. Now he's almost universally beloved. That's kind of cool though, and weird.

Now I need a five thousand word think piece on when exactly Brady went from overrated, to hated and finally to almost universally beloved. Finding out there was such a thing as Drunk Tom Brady after he was no longer under mean ol' Bill Belicheck's thumb is my guess for the point of almost universal love. Who doesn't like the drunk guy?
Old 10-09-2023, 08:03 PM   #690
thesloppy
Pro Starter

These Raiders stink
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:10 PM   #691
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Not beloved in my house. Never. His name is used as a curse-word, or one to be spat upon.

Yes. GTFO with this "beloved" crap.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:11 PM   #692
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
These Raiders stink

I take back everything I said, baby.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:18 PM   #693
Danny
Head Coach

Their defense is actually starting to play better but their offense stinks. Mcdaniels is a bad head coach.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:27 PM   #694
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't think either of those teams is very good.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:16 AM   #695
Bobble
College Prospect

I hear a lot of (us) old-timers lament that young QBs these days don't get a chance to sit behind a veteran and learn the trade. Do we think that helped Love at all? I feel like that "waiting and learning" time is, like, 20% effective. As if Love was getting 20% of his experience points sitting behind Aaron. Not worth it.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:25 AM   #696
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There is some interesting cause and effect there, too.

Like, if Love had come into his first training camp and looked like a star, I imagine that the Packers would have traded Rodgers two years earlier.

The fact that he sat meant (IMO) that he wasn't blowing their socks off in camp.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:33 AM   #697
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The Lions currently have a 2 game lead in the NFC North!
Old 10-10-2023, 08:44 AM   #698
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
The Lions currently have a 2 game lead in the NFC North!

Feels weird, right?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:06 AM   #699
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Yes. GTFO with this "beloved" crap.

I'll say that I have to admit Brady was very talented and a fierce competitor. But I still think he is a douche who cares mainly about #12.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:06 AM   #700
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Achane appears to be out multiple weeks, possibly headed to IR. As is Vikings WR Jefferson.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote