Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #651
MrBug708
Head Coach

CF has some weird posts, but he's a good WW player and it doesn't make sense that he's so over the top. That being said, I don't understand his comments in this thread
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #652
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
But Crimson keeps cropping up on the Two-Face side of Chief's unvote patterns, so you're kind of contradicting yourself there.

I'm willing to bet that the whole unvote thing is a blind alley. I'm also doubtful about how hard we should be chasing Two-Face rather than potential convertees. Seems like we have a much better chance of getting a deranged citizen and when we do we can try to follow a trail back to Two-Face. Trying to shoot straight for Two-Face is less likely to work but more likely to give Two-Face an idea of who the converted people are.

Yeah, I guess to some degree I am, though just considering all pieces of evidence. The unvote thing may very well be a blind alley, especially since the corrupted citizens might want to play it safe since if two face is lynched they lose. Still, I don't think Crimson being in the voting is a bad thing at all as he could easily be a corrupted even if he's not two face.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #653
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

When I was a sorceror recently I was very worried about voting for wolves. The deranged citizens are kind of like sorcerors. I think they'll be trying to settle in their minds who they think are villagers and then will chase them. Day one you have to pretty much hope for the best but after that you're going to be looking for superficially decent reasons for voting someone you don't think is a baddy. Makes me suspicious of people getting on the Crimson train today.

Then again, if he posts one more Coldplay video I'm nightfalling the bastard.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #654
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Still, I don't think Crimson being in the voting is a bad thing at all as he could easily be a corrupted even if he's not two face.

Wouldn't tell us a thing in terms of voting records if he is corruptible as no-one knows the fact. If he comes up bad then we can study his posts to see if we can find any signs (no matter how subtle) that he was attempting to signal Two-Face that he was corruptible.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #655
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i didnt see anything strange about hoops from yesterday. i think it is much more likely that two face simply eliminated a dangerous villager

I'm thinking more in terms of people voting him. Normally I'd see people voting Hoops on day one as more suspicious than average but I'm not sure in these circumstances.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #656
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #657
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

But if we want to pursue Chief's line of thinking Danny has a couple of throwaway vote/unvotes yesterday that really had no chance of going anywhere. (mau and Commo) I'm not really sure I understood on first reading what the point of those votes was. So I shall look back again.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #658
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

No, still don't understand the point of them. Anything you'd like to share about those votes Danny?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #659
Danny
Head Coach

Now you're the one contradicting yourself :P.

Those were two people who had votes already and were not Abe or Zinto who I felt were villagers. I was hoping to get a different candidate in there. I bounced around until one would hopefully stick.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #660
Danny
Head Coach

Or there is really five different Two Face's and I was trying to signal them all.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #661
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote CrimsonFox

seems to be forcing the issue with me given I have barely posted.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #662
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Already more evaluation than normal on day 2. normslly my day 2 vote is another cipher, but looking at the bits of evaluation... (esp. Chief's) it looks like Cf's name should be high in the thought processes of today. Thus...
Vote CrimsonFox

A cipher for you or a cipher for us?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #663
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Now you're the one contradicting yourself :P.

Those were two people who had votes already and were not Abe or Zinto who I felt were villagers. I was hoping to get a different candidate in there. I bounced around until one would hopefully stick.

About to head into work, just a couple quick thoughts before I do.

Interesting you say this as I was the second on Zinto and never moved off. I did find your voting yesterday strange as well and was thinking of mentioning you today, but CrimsonFox just seems more out there.

As for trying to find two face, I agree that it will be hard, unless he was one of the candidates yesterday, which is what like a 15-20% chance we are better off going for any wolf lead, not just two face.

I do think voting records will help out the village in a few days however once we start connecting dots on who bad guys are, that is if both our forensic people are still alive.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #664
Danny
Head Coach

We'll need more than one candidate for today, so I will get things started in that regard.

Vote Commo
Old 10-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #665
Danny
Head Coach

Just going with gut feel on this one mostly.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #666
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A runoff between CF and Commo, Danny? You trying to make sure this game doesn't come near Abe's post count in the last one?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #667
Danny
Head Coach

I have to find some way to still lead in posts even after being night killed in the next few nights.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #668
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hoops is an interesting kill. I have to imagine two face was going for someone they thought might be a corrupted citizen. This likely means that A. No one made it obvious they were a corrupted citizen an 2. I'd guess that two face wasn't even involved in the vote at all (meaning Zinto and Crimson are not two face.

i think it was more likely Two Face was hoping...with a lone wolf, it is like a draft pick situation unless someone does find a way to drop a hint...converting hoops would have been a great addition to the supervillan team, so he went for who he wanted the most...worst cast, he hits Rachel and cant kill her. it wont surprise me one bit to see the night kill list be a "wolf hall of fame"
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #669
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Or there is really five different Two Face's and I was trying to signal them all.

Or one of them is Two Face and you're trying to cover your tracks by getting enough votes out there

I'm up for going with Commo though. Don't really like this to become a Commo-Crimson run-off - but I am suspicious of people taking the easy route of voting Crimson, whether he's a convertee or not.

Vote Commo
Old 10-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #670
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm going to (vaguely) go along with the vague consensus that Saldana seems on the level.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #671
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Or one of them is Two Face and you're trying to cover your tracks by getting enough votes out there

Vote Commo

Could be, but I am pretty sure if I was a corrupted I would just sit back knowing I would be a likely early kill target anyway.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #672
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Could be, but I am pretty sure if I was a corrupted I would just sit back knowing I would be a likely early kill target anyway.

Yeah, that was actually what I decided you'd probably do.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #673
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
A cipher for you or a cipher for us?

for me! for you! for us together!

It is just day two voting seems almost as random as day one in general. This game we have a plan. Look at the unvotes. might it bear results? I don't know. But putting someone who comes up for several of those seems like a good candidate to be in todays microscope. We do need another though. A runaway vote would not be good.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #674
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
if you are gonna count posts, can we exclude all abe's about his ipod and soda?

im sure he still has more than me, but i would like to last more than 1 day this game.

++++++1

finally got caught up....day one seemed to be a useless day with 8+ pages of nothing.

Based on that and reading the useful posts. I'm voting on who I would have voted day one based on that vibe I got.

Vote Zinito
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #675
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm going to (vaguely) go along with the vague consensus that Saldana seems on the level.

I don't really have the time to go through all the nonsense posts from yesterday. Did Saldana reveal or something?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #676
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm up for going with Commo though. Don't really like this to become a Commo-Crimson run-off - but I am suspicious of people taking the easy route of voting Crimson, whether he's a convertee or not.

Vote Commo

funny way of showing you don't want it to be a commo cf runoff. I think I listed valid reasons for voting cf and was the first on him, other then himself, so not like it was an easy road.

As for danny, not surprised by that vote as I came out and said I was suspicious of him. I'm just curious what gives the gut feeling I'm a wolf? Was it stating I thought it was not a good move for bgs to reveal, when there really is not a good reason to, or thinking hoops was good and saying I'm not sure why others were voting him?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #677
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Any reason you removed the middle part of his post about not liking a cf commo runoff?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #678
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm still not seeing the beef with Zinto (or Zinito). From what I can see his posts have been very much in-line with his usual play as a villager. I think the game is hard because it's tough for villagers to drop the usual attitude to voting, night kills and the like.

1. I think Two-Face has got to be primarily interested in targeting corruptibles. But if he doesn't have any solid leads on that score he'll probably look to kill/convert strong players. But if I was him I'd be way more focused on finding the nutter. This is probably the only game where I'm relieved to see a night kill has gone through because it means the situation isn't at risk of getting out of control.

2. Voting - at the moment it's going to tell you even less than usual. I tend to think that a nutter settles on one candidate and sticks on that candidate at the moment. There's a very slim chance that we're going to see a move to save anyone at this stage of the game - you're probably most likely to see a lot of second-guessing going on by villagers. I don't think you can read too much into voting movement as you might do in a normal game.

3. Signals to Two-Face. I think the nutters will be very wary of signalling Two-Face too overtly. Nobody wants to be the guy to make a slip up that costs their side the game without being able to discuss it with anyone. I think the nutter play a conservative game, try to keep off the people they think are wolves and only put their heads above the ramparts if Two-Face is at risk. Of course by "playing it conservative" that means trying to play their usual game.

4. I encourage villagers to try and post more, make Two-Face really have to work trying to find his allies.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #679
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't really have the time to go through all the nonsense posts from yesterday. Did Saldana reveal or something?

Not that I've noticed.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #680
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Any reason you removed the middle part of his post about not liking a cf commo runoff?

I an trying to hide that part or I just accidentally didn't delete his vote, my reply was clearly directed qt the first part of bid post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #681
Zinto
College Starter

Today is looking like a crap shoot. I am not sure at all about Crimson. Sure he is being his usual self but he is so over the top that I think Two Face would never take him being a deranged citizen seriously.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #682
Zinto
College Starter

Also there is a good chance he knew he was going to gather some votes for being his usual Crimson self so I think he might of dialed it back a little bit.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #683
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm still not seeing the beef with Zinto (or Zinito). From what I can see his posts have been very much in-line with his usual play as a villager. I think the game is hard because it's tough for villagers to drop the usual attitude to voting, night kills and the like.

1. I think Two-Face has got to be primarily interested in targeting corruptibles. But if he doesn't have any solid leads on that score he'll probably look to kill/convert strong players. But if I was him I'd be way more focused on finding the nutter. This is probably the only game where I'm relieved to see a night kill has gone through because it means the situation isn't at risk of getting out of control.

2. Voting - at the moment it's going to tell you even less than usual. I tend to think that a nutter settles on one candidate and sticks on that candidate at the moment. There's a very slim chance that we're going to see a move to save anyone at this stage of the game - you're probably most likely to see a lot of second-guessing going on by villagers. I don't think you can read too much into voting movement as you might do in a normal game.

3. Signals to Two-Face. I think the nutters will be very wary of signalling Two-Face too overtly. Nobody wants to be the guy to make a slip up that costs their side the game without being able to discuss it with anyone. I think the nutter play a conservative game, try to keep off the people they think are wolves and only put their heads above the ramparts if Two-Face is at risk. Of course by "playing it conservative" that means trying to play their usual game.

4. I encourage villagers to try and post more, make Two-Face really have to work trying to find his allies.

good post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #684
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I an trying to hide that part or I just accidentally didn't delete his vote, my reply was clearly directed qt the first part of bid post

It was, just checking to see why you left the vote in.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #685
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

1. At least he "kills" one corruptible, then I wonder if he shifts to Arkham hunting. It could have been a bit better if we had seen one vanilla villager intead of 2 roled ones.

2. & 3. So you are taking the Anti Chief position. changing is more likely to to be villagers. At least y'all hit everyone there!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #686
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
It was, just checking to see why you left the vote in.

Ah ok, yeah, didn't do that on purpose.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #687
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Another day in Gotham City, and protestors outside of the Gotham Police Department increase. Citizens are demanding an end to the string of murders that has rocked the city, from mobsters, to police officers, and now last night a university student. Reports have surfaced that the student was shot point blank in his own home, and that there was no robbery or apparent motive for the murder.

"What we're dealing with here," says one local psychiatrist, "Is a very disturbed individual. These acts have been merciless, sadistic even. There is no doubt that if not captured, this individual will continue killing. It is likely that he or she enjoys the attention that comes with his crimes, perhaps as much as the acts of violence themselves."

Police continue to insist that they are close in making an arrest in the case. After last night's courthouse debacle they have to be feeling the pressure to not only make an arrest, but the right one. If they're not, they only need to open their windows and hear the voices of the crowd outside.

4 CrimsonFox - crimsonfox, commo_soldier, ntndeacon, lathum
2 Commo_soldier - danny, Narcizo
1 Zinto - sndvls
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #688
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just Listened to: Genesis, Land of Confusion

Now Listening to: Tricky, Ed Kowalczyk, Hawkman "Evolution, Revolution, Love"

Next in the Queue: The Echoing Green, Crybaby

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #689
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Commo

No strong feelings on Commo, but I don't like CF as a candidate. I'd be surprised if Two Face was in a three way tie yesterday. Was hoping we could find something on the candidate who fell out of the running at the four way tie, but Two Face cleared hoops for us.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #690
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
good post

you post count padder
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #691
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Today is looking like a crap shoot. I am not sure at all about Crimson. Sure he is being his usual self but he is so over the top that I think Two Face would never take him being a deranged citizen seriously.

Which makes him less of a threat even if he is a baddie. Fair enough he can scan for a seer while he's untouched by Two Face but I think we're going to have to reckon with our seers having a limited shelf-life anyway.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #692
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
1. At least he "kills" one corruptible, then I wonder if he shifts to Arkham hunting. It could have been a bit better if we had seen one vanilla villager intead of 2 roled ones.

2. & 3. So you are taking the Anti Chief position. changing is more likely to to be villagers. At least y'all hit everyone there!

1. Once there's a conversion it's a whole different ball-game as the baddies have two kills.

2&3. Just a variant on my usual stance on villager-villager contests (which is what it's most likely to appear to be to all concerned). I'm probably going to have to re-evaluate it because it's becoming a bit of a cliche/truism but I'll stand by the logic in general at the moment.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #693
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh I'm pretty suspicious of people who have been around and aren't voting as well. Smacks of bet-hedging, see if anything shakes out before commiting to a vote.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #694
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
you post count padder

Ooooooh, Danny just got POSTED UP!

[IMG]blog.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/2009/06/large_Shaquille-ONeal-Cavaliers.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #695
mckerney
Coordinator

Dammit.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #696
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

eh, I guess I see what you are saying, but I don't necessarily see bet-hedging as lupine behavior.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #697
Autumn
Head Coach

lol
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #698
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
eh, I guess I see what you are saying, but I don't necessarily see bet-hedging as lupine behavior.

I do. I understand that villagers do it, I've done it myself as a villager but I think that wolves have more interest in worrying about how their votes than villagers do.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #699
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

So danny, still curious about what your thoughts on me are as your reasoning for voting me yesterday was wrong.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #700
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sorry, subbing today and dont have much thoughts to post in limited break time
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote