NOOOOOOOOOO
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #652
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
found this on some website

I'm not a Browns fan, but I was at this game. I know it's just one play, but that's the type of shit I think destroyed Anderson.

As a Browns fan I never thought that Anderson was as good as many people thought he was. I know part of it was that Edwards was dogging it in Cleveland and the rest of the receivers lacked talent, but it always seemed like he had a problem throwing into coverage and that leading to a decent number of his interceptions.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #653
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Soooo ... who had Joey Porter in the who's-next? pool?

My Way - Sports News
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say NFL linebacker Joey Porter has been arrested in Bakersfield on suspicion of drunken driving and accused of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.

The California Highway Patrol says the 33-year-old player was confronted by officers early Saturday in a fast-food parking lot.

Porter refused to provide his driver's license and began to roll up his window when asked to leave the car. Police say that when an officer reached to unlock the door Porter slapped the officer's hand.

Porter eventually got out and complied with orders, placing his hands behind his back. He and a passenger were arrested.

The 11-year veteran recently signed with the Arizona Cardinals. He also has played for Pittsburgh and Miami.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #654
Thomkal
Head Coach

*sigh* great way to start your Cardinal career Joey-by probably getting suspended to start it. Is it too late to resign Karlos Dansby? (which is what they should have done in the first place)
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #655
Cuckoo
College Starter

Sam Bradford had his individual pro-day workout in Norman today and by all accounts looked great. Here's Gil Brandt's take on NFL.com:

Quote:
NORMAN, Okla. — Sam Bradford’s workout today in front of representatives for all 32 NFL teams at Oklahoma’s pro day almost left me speechless. And that’s saying something.

Bradford threw more than 100 passes during the workout and in my estimation, didn’t have one that was uncatchable. He moved around well, including throwing on the run out of the pocket, and went through the entire route tree.

It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of his performance. In fact, Bradford put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

If Bradford is feeling the effects of his shoulder or is experiencing any weakness, there were no indications of that today. It didn’t show. He threw with velocity during the entire workout.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #656
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

That's bad news for Redskins fans.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #657
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
Sam Bradford had his individual pro-day workout in Norman today and by all accounts looked great. Here's Gil Brandt's take on NFL.com:

I listened to 3 sports networks on the drive home and each network had a reporter who said similar things. Seems like he absolutely wowed scouts at the workout.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #658
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Hope this isn't true, hate when picks, especially #1's, hold out. I doubt it is but ya never know:

Quote:
Talk mounts that Bradford won't sign a pre-draft contract
Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2010 7:55 PM ET
Amid reports that the Rams are talking to the agents for multiple players who could be the first overall pick in the 2010 draft, there's increasing chatter that, as to one of the players, there may not be much to discuss.

We're hearing from multiple league and media sources that Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford could refuse to sign a pre-draft contract with the Rams.

In the past four drafts, the only top pick not signed in advance of the commencement of the selection process was Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell. He ultimately held out into the regular season.

If Bradford declines to agree to terms before being picked, and if the Rams ultimately don't select him, Bradford would slide to the Redskins at No. 4, at worst. (He also could end up going second or third, if a team that needs a quarterback moves up.) Operating from the four hole, Bradford likely would then attempt to invoke the so-called "quarterback premium" in the hopes of getting more than the first overall pick, just as Matt Ryan did from the third spot two years ago.

If the Rams pick Bradford without a contract in place, the leverage then flips to the player, with the Rams compelled to get the guy signed in the hopes of justifying the pick and turning around a franchise that seems far longer than a decade removed from a Super Bowl win.

We also don't rule out the Rams picking Bradford and then attempting to trade him, like the Chargers did six years ago with Eli Manning.

Either way, Adam Schefter's prediction could end up being wrong -- but not because Bradford won't be regarded as the best player in the draft. The Rams could decide that they won't take Bradford if he makes it clear that he won't sign a contract.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #659
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I listened to 3 sports networks on the drive home and each network had a reporter who said similar things. Seems like he absolutely wowed scouts at the workout.

I did too, but I'm still worried about him taking a NFL calibur hit.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #660
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Hope this isn't true, hate when picks, especially #1's, hold out. I doubt it is but ya never know:

These kinds of stories piss me off. If it's true, f him and lets pick Suh.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #661
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I did too, but I'm still worried about him taking a NFL calibur hit.

I would be too if he was going to my team.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #662
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would be too if he was going to my team.

We are getting McNabb.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #663
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We are getting McNabb.

I know a bunch of my friends who are happy that the Eagles appear to be moving away from the McNabb era, but I'm sad about it. McNabb is the greatest Eagles QB in my lifetime. Kolb better be great, or I'm going to be pissed by this move in 2 years.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-29-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #664
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I know a bunch of my friends who are happy that the Eagles appear to be moving away from the McNabb era, but I'm sad about it. McNabb is the greatest Eagles QB in my lifetime. Kolb better be great, or I'm going to be pissed by this move in 2 years.

I know you're a huge McNabb fan and I'd take him on the Rams in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't cry if we drafted Bradford, but I would feel bad for Steven Jackson - one of my favorite running backs. I still say to get someone like McNabb and then build through the defense with Suh.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 03-29-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #665
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm sure I'll be a little more bummed about it when it actually happens, but right now I feel like it may be time to move on.

I also think in future years I (and other Eagles fans) will appreciate him more. Even though Donovan has had greater accomplishments, my first reaction to your "greatest" comment was "hey wait - what about Randall??"
Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #666
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I'm sure I'll be a little more bummed about it when it actually happens, but right now I feel like it may be time to move on.

I also think in future years I (and other Eagles fans) will appreciate him more. Even though Donovan has had greater accomplishments, my first reaction to your "greatest" comment was "hey wait - what about Randall??"

I love Randall, but he never had the leadership of McNabb. For all of the jibes he takes about throwing up in the Super Bowl, his running and leadership were key factors in getting the Eagles to so many NFC Conference Championship games, something that Randall failed to do despite having a better defense. I have a bad feeling fans will be lamenting trading McNabb in 1 to 2 years.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #667
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I think this really sucks for McNabb. He had so many great years where he had shit for receivers. Now, that they have finally gotten some great young weapons around him, they are going to trade him. I'll feel even worse if the Raiders trade rumors turn out to be true.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #668
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
I wouldn't cry if we drafted Bradford...

Whoever takes Bradford is getting a heck of a football player and a class act. But even more importantly, that team automatically becomes my 2nd favorite.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 03-30-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #669
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola -

I think this really sucks for McNabb. He had so many great years where he had shit for receivers. Now, that they have finally gotten some great young weapons around him, they are going to trade him. I'll feel even worse if the Raiders trade rumors turn out to be true.

+1000
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #670
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I like McNabb and I'd feel bad for him if he were sent to the Raiders but I hope it happens. He might help them win enough games so that the 1st round pick Oakland traded to New England in the Seymour deal won't be that high up.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #671
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Next?

My Way - Sports News
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A Florida woman is suing Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes, saying the one-time Super Bowl MVP hit her in the face with a glass at an Orlando nightclub and then offered to pay her so she wouldn't press charges.

Anshonoe Mills claimed in a lawsuit filed Wednesday that Holmes grabbed her face and threw the glass at her because she was sitting on a couch in the Rain Night Club's VIP section on March 7.

The lawsuit said the glass hit Mills on the right side of the face, cutting the woman near the eye. The four-page document also claimed Holmes and a police officer intimidated Mills so she wouldn't press charges.

Holmes offered to pay Mills because he was an NFL star and couldn't afford to get into trouble, the lawsuit said. The woman felt pressured and incoherently told police that she was hit in the face and was bleeding but wouldn't press charges, according to the lawsuit.

Mills is seeking more than $15,000 in damages from Holmes, who was MVP of the Super Bowl played after the 2008 season.

Orlando Police Sgt. Barbara Jones hadn't seen the lawsuit and couldn't comment.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said team officials were gathering information and had no further comment.

Holmes' teammate, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, was accused earlier this month of assaulting a 20-year-old Georgia college student. He has not been charged in that case.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #672
boberot
High School Varsity

An odd little story, with Jill Kelly's Twitter stream obviously a major source . . . .

Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly kick-started his public campaign to pull his former team back into the NFL fold Sunday night.

It began with Tim Tebow.

Kelly, who has talked up Tebow over the past few months, had dinner with the former Florida Gators quarterback on Sunday night, Kelly's spokeswoman Tricia Cavalier said Monday. It's unclear whether the dinner occurred before or after the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner met with the team.

Kelly was traveling and unavailable for comment. Kelly's wife, Jill, first revealed the two had dinner in a post on her Twitter account Sunday night.

"He's a class act and a great guy," Kelly said of Tebow, according to his wife's post.

Bills coach Chan Gailey expressed interest in Tebow last week, saying he has "every tangible" you could ever want in a quarterback.

Kelly has been a vocal supporter of Tebow and has made it little secret he'd like to see the team draft him.

"I wish I could say more," Jill Kelly wrote. "If only I were there too! LOL! It was a great night! Now before U go 2 bed - pray for our Buffalo Bills!"

The Bills, who hold one draft pick in each of the first four rounds (overall Nos. 9, 41, 72 and 107), have started nine different quarterbacks since Kelly retired. Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick split time in 2009, with Fitzpatrick taking the reins in Week 6.

The quarterback who led the Bills to four AFC championships has said a key to a return to greatness for the franchise begins under center.

"Whether it's Tim Tebow, whether they'll have a shot at him when draft time comes ... you have to look at the top three quarterbacks in the draft, really study them," Kelly said to USA Today in November. "And you look for a guy with good character, good leadership ability and good arm strength."

The Bills went to four straight Super Bowls from 1990 through the 1993 season with Kelly at quarterback. But there's been little to shout about at Ralph Wilson Stadium lately: Coach Dick Jauron was fired in November and 2009 was the team's 10th consecutive season without making the playoffs.

Kelly said he sought to offer assistance in luring coaches and players to Buffalo and eventually wanted to become part of an ownership group that would keep the Bills in western New York.

"You have to start with the head coach and you have to start with finding a good signal caller," Kelly said, according to the USA Today report. "You look at Indianapolis. You look at Pittsburgh. You look at New England. You look at what Drew Brees is doing in New Orleans. San Diego. All the teams that are doing well, they all have quarterbacks.

"The teams that are struggling, they don't have a quarterback," Kelly added. "You need that guy behind center, not only the guy who can throw the ball and make big plays. But to be the leader and be able to pull people together."
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #673
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Tebow to the bills eh? I could see that.

I'm really anxious to see what ends up happening with all these restricted free agents, there is just a little bit of time left for that- and I fully expect to see some moves made. There are a lot of good players out there.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #674
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whoever takes Bradford is getting a heck of a football player and a class act. But even more importantly, that team automatically becomes my 2nd favorite.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #675
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Unless it's the Redskins, right?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #676
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

i'm not a big fan of michael silver but this article about philly's new gm is pretty good.

Quote:
Two offseasons ago Roseman, then the team’s vice president of football administration, prevailed in a power struggle over player personnel VP Jason Licht, a close ally of general manager Tom Heckert. Licht was fired and succeeded by Roseman, a clear sign to Heckert and Reid that their influence had waned.

Reid helped Licht land with the Cardinals (he has since joined the Patriots as their director of pro personnel) and, this past January, smoothed Heckert’s departure to Cleveland, where he became the Browns’ GM under newly hired team president Mike Holmgren, a close friend of Reid’s. Roseman took over for Heckert as Philly’s GM, just in time to start what was then a silent auction for McNabb.

If Roseman had been less demanding, league sources say, he might have been able to swing a trade before the team’s intentions became so conspicuous. Instead, Reid essentially announced to the football-watching universe at last week’s league meetings that he would field trade offers for McNabb after having insisted for months that the veteran quarterback would return for the 2010 season. Awkward.

Roseman, who prides himself on his business acumen, seems to be on a mission to prove how shrewd he is to his peers. So far, it’s not going over especially well. The Cardinals, sources say, backed out of early discussions for McNabb because Roseman’s demands were so exorbitant. Another team’s general manager said Roseman was similarly “unrealistic” when shopping disgruntled cornerback Sheldon Brown(notes) earlier this offseason.

“That’s where I think ego gets in the way,” the GM said. “Quite a few teams are quickly realizing that they don’t want to do business with Philly. With McNabb, I think [Roseman’s] trying to be too smart for his own good. Instead of trying to put a feather in his cap by walking way with a lopsided trade, which you rarely get in this league, he should try to get a legitimate deal done. In the long run, you don’t want to be known as the guy who wants to bamboozle people. I think they’re being unrealistic, and it’s putting them in a funky spot.”
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #677
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This Roseman guys sounds like anyone of a number of annoying fantasy football GMs I have encountered over time.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #678
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

To all you steeler haters..

I guess holmes got in trouble for something else today..

Rumors they will cut him

YEP
Old 03-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #679
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
This Roseman guys sounds like anyone of a number of annoying fantasy football GMs I have encountered over time.

well, he's a salary cap guru. so there's that. i betcha he uses computers.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #680
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post

Rumors they will cut him

YEP

They cannot cut him and do nothing to Ben. There is already too much scrutiny of Roethisberger not having been punished yet (which happens to be because he's white, if you know what I mean).
Old 03-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #681
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Unless it's the Redskins, right?

Oh man... I'm praying I don't have to face that situation.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #682
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post

Rumors they will cut him

YEP

Quote:
Earlier today, we pointed out that Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes has been trading jabs with fans via Twitter, in the wake of Monday's news that he has been sued for assault and battery.

We noticed, for example, that Holmes reminded one fan that the fans don't cut Holmes' checks.

We hadn't noticed a far less charitable exchange with another fan. Holmes accuses the fan of trying to make Holmes look like the bad guy, and then says that the fan "shud try finding the worst thing that you could drink n kill urself."

Good work Santonio.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #683
Kodos
Resident Alien

Fine young man.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #684
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Regardless of how well he's performed on the field, the fact that Santurdio had 3 illegitimate children(with 2 baby mommas) before he left college should have been enough for the steelers to go in a different direction.

Last edited by stevew : 03-30-2010 at 03:21 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #685
Kodos
Resident Alien

Unfortunately, it seems difficult for famous athletes to not be asshats.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #686
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Regardless of how well he's performed on the field, the fact that Santurdio had 3 illegitimate children(with 2 baby mommas) before he left college should have been enough for the steelers to go in a different direction.

Where did he go to college again?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #687
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Where did he go to college again?

I LOL'd.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #688
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Just saw on twitter that the Texans gave DeMeco Ryans a new contract, 6 years, 48 million.

He is a great young LB- but damn that's a lot of money
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #689
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

A weird combination, Roseman grew up in my hometown and my brother in law knew him down at U of Florida. According to him, that's a perfect way to describe Roseman.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #690
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
In light of the bad news that has been generated as of late from NFL players, here is an awesome story.

The Post and Courier - Cowboys QB makes a fan's day - Charleston SC - postandcourier.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #691
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Nice story. It's always nice to be reminded that not all professional athletes are asshats.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #692
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
In light of the bad news that has been generated as of late from NFL players, here is an awesome story.

The Post and Courier - Cowboys QB makes a fan's day - Charleston SC - postandcourier.com

Nice story. Hate the Cowboys, but like Romo. Of course, when he screws up, it still makes me smile.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #693
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Yay for Shaun Rodgers getting arrested.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #694
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
Yay for Shaun Rodgers getting arrested.

A loaded gun at the airport. Exactly how stupid / careless can you be?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #695
Kodos
Resident Alien

At least he didn't shoot himself accidentally.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #696
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
A loaded gun at the airport. Exactly how stupid / careless can you be?

It really is amazing how stupid these guys are.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #697
dervack
College Prospect

McNabb to the Redskins per espn.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #698
Radii
Head Coach

Potentially breaking news, I understand getting a little bit of an extra leg up on a scoop on twitter is common these days:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/11613372960

Filed to ESPN: Donovan McNabb has been traded to the Washington Redskins. Compensation still unknown. But McNabb's a Redskin.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #699
Radii
Head Coach

Sources: Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins reach Donovan McNabb deal - ESPN
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #700
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

McNabb has been traded to the redskins for the 37th pick this year and either 3 or 4 next year.

Thanks Donovan.