Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #651
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well this was an interesting night. I am glad we dont have to spend all day voting for Lathum. I do think we should look at people from yesterday who did not vote for Lathum as a starting spot.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #652
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

[quote=Alan T;2160543 all players in the game have actions that they can do daily (including the wolves), [/QUOTE]

Try reading the rules. Many players have one time actions, like JAG's attack last night, or "actions" which are only triggered by other events, like being killed.

Are you purposely trying to distort and twist the rules?

That sure as hell is not ALL players having actions.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #653
Autumn
Head Coach

I just rolled in and caught up guys. Good work JAG on nailing Lathum without us wasting a day. Not so good on the lynch, but that would have been pretty lucky. I thought Pass was playing a bit out of character for him, but I guess it was just whatever it was.

I'm dead, I gotta go to sleep. I'll probably have to reread in the morning to remember what happened.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #654
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Try reading the rules. Many players have one time actions, like JAG's attack last night, or "actions" which are only triggered by other events, like being killed.

Are you purposely trying to distort and twist the rules?

That sure as hell is not ALL players having actions.

I'm not trying to distort anything. Anyways it is all right there in the rules. 4 of the 6 bad guys have what appear to be nightly actions (I'm assuming not all 6 roles are in the game however?) I am guessing if the "powerful" role is in the game that is who they likely have going out for night kills and not the 'thief' which would have been Lathum.

So sure it is possible Lathum actually did nothing that night, that is fine. But that is a very nice coincidence that the same day where Lathum did not appear to be overly eager to wanting you lynched despite having the early vote on you, that you then chose to follow him that night where if you were both bad you wouldn't have to guess at what someone might have done and then be proven wrong. Then you got blocked supposedly the next night when people have already been clamoring about a more "important role" not being affected yet.

Maybe it is all just a weird perfect storm of events that just makes you look and feel off to me and if so I apologize. But it is what it is and how it appears just feels off to me. I've given my reasons and I have no reason or need to try to make up reasons against you as you ascertain. I'm not trying to railroad anything here, just simply giving the reason for my vote (unless you'd rather I just throw out a fly by vote without reason?)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #655
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
So sure it is possible Lathum actually did nothing that night, that is fine.

Hoiw is it just likely? Read the role that he revealed as having. He had no ability unless he was killed. If you are going to be a closed minded about it then I say vote me out and hurt the village's cause.

Last edited by EagleFan : 11-04-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Removed profanity, meaning still kept
Old 11-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #656
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: I'm out. Call me out for making a bad move. Don't start distoritng the rules and then acting like you have some greater understanding of the rules than others.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #657
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hoiw is it just likely? Read the gad damn role that he revealed as having. He had no fucking ability unless he was killed. If you are going to be a closed minded ass about it then I say fuck it vote me out and hurt the village's cause.

Listen bud. Don't cuss at me, swear or insult me. If you want to discuss this, that is fine, i enjoy that. But when you just act rude, it is time for you to step away from the computer for a bit.

If you read my entire post and not just the clip art you are presenting, they had to have someone do the night kill of Hoopsguy. Anyways, I'm done talking to you until you can be a bit more civil.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #658
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not trying to distort anything. Anyways it is all right there in the rules. 4 of the 6 bad guys have what appear to be nightly actions (I'm assuming not all 6 roles are in the game however?) I am guessing if the "powerful" role is in the game that is who they likely have going out for night kills and not the 'thief' which would have been Lathum.

I don't want to step into an argument, but aside from EF's cussin', I think he's right, it sounds like the thief couldn't do anything. Above you suggest that the thief wouldn't be doing the night kill, so what would he be doing? Nothing it seems.

That said I don't think you're wrong about the rest. I won't be voting until tomorrow though.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #659
Autumn
Head Coach

dola

really out this time
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #660
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I don't want to step into an argument, but aside from EF's cussin', I think he's right, it sounds like the thief couldn't do anything. Above you suggest that the thief wouldn't be doing the night kill, so what would he be doing? Nothing it seems.

That said I don't think you're wrong about the rest. I won't be voting until tomorrow though.

Yeah, I pretty much said that I agreed EF had a point there, but he is taking just one small part of the entire thing and trying to hammer it in, which is fine and a good strategy in a few cases depending on what his role really is.

What I am really tired of though is every game when I try to make some points to have people try to get under my skin by just going ballistic on me, it just is not enjoyable to me and why i don't really play many games anymore. If Eaglefan is good and I'm wrong here, don't treat me like that, just discuss the points with me, that is all I ask.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #661
KWhit
Coordinator

Jeez, settle down EF.

No matter if you think AlanT's stretching things or not, that's no way to respond. He's just pointing out stuff.

He's got a decent point, too. I'm frankly surprised that we haven't gotten anything out of lerriuqs either. I'm not sure I agree with the choice of Lathum for a scan anyway tonight.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #662
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Listen bud. Don't cuss at me, swear or insult me. If you want to discuss this, that is fine, i enjoy that. But when you just act rude, it is time for you to step away from the computer for a bit.

+ 1

I think EF is a great guy, but that kind of junk really irritates me in WW. A swear word here and their, sure, but rants like that from certain people annoy me. Heck, I used to be like that, so I know.

Not going to vote for someone because of that, but still. Just relax. Well, don't relax, still get mad and rave, but there's no need for that amount of vitriol and language.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #663
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If EF was me and Danny was the big guy he would be boxed.

Thank god we are a bunch of Lepers around here.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #664
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

How about this for a role reveal, do to the circumstance presented Optimus Prime and Megatron have joined tgether to take control over all transformers, I am MEGA PRIME! Naw let's see, so great job JAG nabbing Lathum that's a plus, not too bad for two days work, 1 autobot, 1 human, 1 decepticon.

I'm not rying to bite of AlanT here but I have an iffy feeling about EF as well. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that though, i'm going to reread everything again tomorrow with fresh eyes and see what my opinion is then. We'll see how it goes

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #665
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't know that I find it too too odd. There is a chance the bodyguard was protecting him, and if my gut feeling is true here and all players in the game have actions that they can do daily (including the wolves), his role would be somewhat useless in trying to detect them anyways.

Why not take a shot at trying to take out someone who you think might do you more harm? Such as say Render who the topic of discussion was not wanting to reveal his role because it could be important.

In general I agree with some of your thought regarding a wolf potentially in Lerriuqs and EF. My only problem is you talk about how you are sure Lerriuqs' role would be in the game and then here seem to describe it as mostly useless. I don't think we can overlook EF or Lerriuqs personally.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #666
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

lathum were you trying to get yourself lynched? So you could steal one of our powers?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #667
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

lerriuqs why did u scan daddytorgo in the beginning? Sorry if this has been answered already

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-04-2009, 03:34 AM   #668
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Let's no misrepresent here. Look at what Lathum's role was. It looks like the only power that he had was upon his death. The question now is who did he take power from?

If you read the role, it says something like, "If you are lynched, you can steal someone's powers" My guess is since he did not die by being lynched that he was unable to make use of his power.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #669
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Good job JAG. Take a seat next to me in the COT!

The chairs are quite comfy here. Hopefully we can invite a few others to join us.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:37 AM   #670
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm actually inclined to believe EF since he's the only one that has claimed to have been slutted. I suppose the slut might not be in the game, but you'd think someone else would have busted him if they had been hit by it.

I wouldn't assign a lot of trust based on that. The wolves would know whether or not that role was present in the game. The first night no one claimed to have been slutted. Maybe they were protected by the BG which would have prevented that, but if that's the case, why wouldn't they have NK'ed them? Unless they're hoping for us to do their work? Who knows. I'm just saying I wouldn't make an assumption based on that information.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 AM   #671
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I am guessing if the "powerful" role is in the game that is who they likely have going out for night kills and not the 'thief' which would have been Lathum.

Actually per the rules, the wolves are required to have a specific order of roles do the NKs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Decepticons- The nightkiller is left in disguise mode. The kill order goes, as long as they all survive, Brutal, Thief, Powerful, Stalker, and reset.

So if EF's telling the truth, we have confirmation that the brutal role is in the game as otherwise he would've witnessed Lathum performing the kill on N1.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:41 AM   #672
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 1 voting (green = villager, blue = role reveal but not cleared, red = wolf)

(55) Lathum votes EF 1 (EF 1)
(58) Schmidty votes AlanT (EF 1, AlanT 1)
(63) EF votes Schmidty (EF 1, AlanT 1, Schmidty 1)
(64) Schmidty unvotes AlanT, votes EF (EF 2, Schmidty 1)
(92) Danny votes lerriuqs (EF 2, Schmidty 1, lerriuqs 1)
(96) AlanT votes EF (EF 3, Schmidty 1, lerriuqs 1)
(108) JAG votes lerriuqs (EF 3, lerriuqs 2, Schmidty 1)
(112) hoops votes Jackal (EF 3, lerriuqs 2, Schmidty 1, Jackal 1)
(114) dubb votes JAG (EF 3, lerriuqs 2, Schmidty 1, Jackal 1, JAG 1)
(119) Autumn votes Schmidty (EF 3, lerriuqs 2, Schmidty 2, Jackal 1, JAG 1)
(120) EF unvotes Schmidty (EF 3, lerriuqs 2, Schmidty 1, Jackal 1, JAG 1)
(122) J23 votes lerriuqs (EF 3, lerriuqs 3, Schmidty 1, Jackal 1, JAG 1)
(123) Pass votes Jackal (EF 3, lerriuqs 3, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1)
(127) Darth votes lerriuqs (lerriuqs 4, EF 3, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1)
(128) lerriuqs votes Danny (lerriuqs 4, EF 3, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1)
(132) JAG unvotes lerriuqs, votes EF (EF 4, lerriuqs 3, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1)
(134) Jackal votes EF (EF 5, lerriuqs 3, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1)
(139) DT votes Jackal (EF 5, lerriuqs 3, Jackal 3, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1)
(141) Pass unvotes Jackal, votes EF (EF 6, lerriuqs 3, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1)
(144) hoops unvotes Jackal, votes lerriuqs (EF 6, lerriuqs 4, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1)
(147) LSG votes lerriuqs (EF 6, lerriuqs 5, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1)
(151) Lathum unvotes EF (EF 5, lerriuqs 5, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1, Pass 1)
(170) Kwhit votes EF (EF 6, lerriuqs 5, Jackal 1, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1, Pass 1)
(173) EF votes Jackal (EF 6, lerriuqs 5, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Danny 1, Pass 1)
(175) lerriuqs unvotes Danny, votes Jackal (EF 6, lerriuqs 5, Jackal 3, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Pass 1)
(179) GE votes lerriuqs (EF 6, lerriuqs 6, Jackal 3, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Pass 1)
(195) lerriuqs unvotes Jackal, votes EF (EF 7, lerriuqs 6, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Pass 1)
(203) lerriuqs reveals as Scanner 1.0
(205) hoops unvotes lerriuqs, votes EF (EF 8, lerriuqs 5, Jackal 2, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Pass 1)
(208) EF reveals as Witness
(214) Pass unvotes EF, votes Jackal (EF 7, lerriuqs 5, Jackal 3, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Pass 1)
(219) Danny unvotes lerriuqs, votes Jackal (EF 7, lerriuqs 4, Jackal 4, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Pass 1)
(221) AlanT unvotes EF, votes Lathum (EF 6, lerriuqs 4, Jackal 4, Lathum 1, Schmidty 1, JAG 1, Pass 1)
(224) Lathum unvotes Pass, votes Jackal (EF 6, Jackal 5, lerriuqs 4, Lathum 1, Schmidty 1, JAG 1)
(227) lerriuqs unvotes EF, votes Jackal (Jackal 6, EF 5, lerriuqs 4, Lathum 1, Schmidty 1, JAG 1)
(229) Autumn unvotes Schmidty, votes Jackal (Jackal 7, EF 5, lerriuqs 4, Lathum 1, JAG 1)
(237) hoops unvotes EF, votes Lathum (Jackal 7, EF 4, lerriuqs 4, Lathum 2, JAG 1)
(238) Pass unvotes Jackal, votes Lathum (Jackal 6, EF 4, lerriuqs 4, Lathum 3, JAG 1)
(239) Danny unvotes Jackal (Jackal 5, EF 4, lerriuqs 4, Lathum 4, JAG 1)
(244) JAG unvotes EF (Jackal 5, lerriuqs 4, Lathum 4, EF 3, JAG 1)
(247) lerriuqs unvotes Jackal (Lathum 5, Jackal 4, lerriuqs 4, EF 3, JAG 1)
(256) LSG unvotes lerriuqs, votes Lathum (Lathum 6, Jackal 4, lerriuqs 3, EF 3, JAG 1)
(258) GE unvotes lerriuqs (Lathum 7, Jackal 4, EF 3, lerriuqs 2, JAG 1)
(259) Danny unvotes Lathum, votes Jackal (Lathum 6, Jackal 5, EF 3, lerriuqs 2, JAG 1)
(260) Lathum reveals as the Resurrectionist
(264) JAG votes Jackal (Lathum 6, Jackal 6, EF 3, lerriuqs 2, JAG 1)
(268) GE reveals Jackal as Bumblebee
(278) RendeR votes Jackal (Jackal 7, Lathum 6, EF 3, lerriuqs 2, JAG 1)
(279) LSG unvotes Lathum, votes EF (Jackal 7, Lathum 5, EF 4, lerriuqs 2, JAG 1)
(289) LSG unvotes EF, votes Lathum (Jackal 7, Lathum 6, EF 3, lerriuqs 2, JAG 1)
Old 11-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #673
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
In general I agree with some of your thought regarding a wolf potentially in Lerriuqs and EF. My only problem is you talk about how you are sure Lerriuqs' role would be in the game and then here seem to describe it as mostly useless. I don't think we can overlook EF or Lerriuqs personally.

Well it makes sense to be in the game because I don't know of many games where you have a half seer without the other half in the game somewhere. It just seems having only scanner 2.0 in the game would be rather incomplete.

I don't know if I necessarily meant to infer that the scanner 1.0 role was useless as much as one that I bet the wolves would be less afraid of perhaps than the scanner 2.0 role especially if most everyone has actions to do at night (including them)

Old 11-04-2009, 06:33 AM   #674
Danny
Head Coach

Today is going to be rough. I was basically up all night finishing up assessment protocols and such and will be going to work in a couple hours. I will get a vote in this morning and may not be able to check back in until after deadline.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #675
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Lerriuqs

I am all for an EF / Lerriuqs showdown today. Quite honestly, I don't put too much stock into their role reveals as I could see either of their roles not being in the game. In fact, I think there is a good chance there is at least one wolf among them. And I just don't get Lerriuqs scans thus far, they look like potentially safe bets that won't get him caught.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #676
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Vote Lerriuqs

I am all for an EF / Lerriuqs showdown today. Quite honestly, I don't put too much stock into their role reveals as I could see either of their roles not being in the game. In fact, I think there is a good chance there is at least one wolf among them. And I just don't get Lerriuqs scans thus far, they look like potentially safe bets that won't get him caught.

I guess we differ on this line of thought. I just really have a hard time fathoming based on these rules not having the scanner 1.0 role. But I guess anything is possible, I just don't really like this vote at all.

I'd actually almost prefer if people want someone to run against Eaglefan, then pick me instead of Lerriuqs.

Danny slides pretty far down my confidence meter with this vote I think.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #677
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I apologize to all about the blowup last night. I have no idea why that got under my skin as badly as it did.

That was no excuse for my reaction though. Alan, PB and all I do apologize.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #678
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Now back to my point. I chose Lathum to follow night one because at the time it made sense to me. If he was really a wolf that wa trapped I would have assumed the wolved would pick him to make the night kill so I figured if I could catch him that night we would save a day of potentially risking a villager.

Alan kept saying that everyone has a night action. But look at the roles, many of them have no night action or are only triggered by events such as being killed.

In hind sight with Lathum's role revealed it is obvious that he had no night action (unless there is more to the role than is listed within the rules).

If my blow up get me lynched than I apologize to the village for hurting our cause even more by my actions of a bad choice for scanning and for being a jackass in thread.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #679
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess we differ on this line of thought. I just really have a hard time fathoming based on these rules not having the scanner 1.0 role. But I guess anything is possible, I just don't really like this vote at all.

I'd actually almost prefer if people want someone to run against Eaglefan, then pick me instead of Lerriuqs.

Danny slides pretty far down my confidence meter with this vote I think.

Maybe it's just me, but I think there is a good chance something like this was thrown in. And I made the mistake of assuming something like before when the BG and duke both were not in a game and it killed us because we trusted a fake reveal.

I just can't understand in the slightest Lerriuqs scan choices or Lathum's unwillingness to vote both Lerriuqs or EF on day 1.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #680
J23
College Benchwarmer

I've had a hard time with both of their role reveals/night actions as well, but I'm not sure it's worth the risk if they're legit. I'm going to try to look back at the voting and see if anything makes more sense now that we have a confirmed wolf.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #681
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If EF was me and Danny was the big guy he would be boxed.

Thank god we are a bunch of Lepers around here.

I'll be boxing myself for a bit after this game is over. Will sit out a game, or two.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #682
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If it's okayed I'll edit out the profanity from that post.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #683
Danny
Head Coach

FWIW, a few more thoughts on EF and Lerriuqs.

As I said, it seemed clear to me Lathum really wanted a 3rd candidate on day 1, even before the role reveals. He voted EF early and then switched when it got down to a 2 person race. He did not vote Lerriuqs at all.

EF claims he followed Lathum night 1 which is somewhat reasonable, but also claims to be slutted today. Right now we have no way of knowing if anyone was slutted night 1 to verify that role is even in the game.

Lerriuqs' scan choices to me reek of playing as to not get caught. Remember he can only detect players without night actions, so if he is a wolf he has to be very careful with who he says he scans. There is also a wolf role which scans for a players role. I am guessing that if Lerriuqs is a wolf that either 1. DT is a fellow wolf or 2. He was scanned by the wolves and they found out he was a role without a night action, so Lerriuqs put him in to verify his scan wouldn't be questioned. I can only assume that day 2 they scanned someone who did have a role with a night action and so he had to say a scan of Lathum, really the only safe choice out there.

Personally, with the way things went down day 1, I think both EF and Lerriuqs have solid probabilities of being a wolf.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #684
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

double dola: About to head to the office for the day, will probably not have much chance to be in thread until this evening.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #685
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Yeah, that's fine with me as long as PB is good with it too.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #686
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FWIW, a few more thoughts on EF and Lerriuqs.

As I said, it seemed clear to me Lathum really wanted a 3rd candidate on day 1, even before the role reveals. He voted EF early and then switched when it got down to a 2 person race. He did not vote Lerriuqs at all.

EF claims he followed Lathum night 1 which is somewhat reasonable, but also claims to be slutted today. Right now we have no way of knowing if anyone was slutted night 1 to verify that role is even in the game.

Lerriuqs' scan choices to me reek of playing as to not get caught. Remember he can only detect players without night actions, so if he is a wolf he has to be very careful with who he says he scans. There is also a wolf role which scans for a players role. I am guessing that if Lerriuqs is a wolf that either 1. DT is a fellow wolf or 2. He was scanned by the wolves and they found out he was a role without a night action, so Lerriuqs put him in to verify his scan wouldn't be questioned. I can only assume that day 2 they scanned someone who did have a role with a night action and so he had to say a scan of Lathum, really the only safe choice out there.

Personally, with the way things went down day 1, I think both EF and Lerriuqs have solid probabilities of being a wolf.

You got your post in my dola...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #687
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan kept saying that everyone has a night action. But look at the roles, many of them have no night action or are only triggered by events such as being killed.

See, that is the point I was making that I gave a laundry list of reasons why I wanted to go this direction with my vote. You took only one item from that list and started trying to take down my whole reason based on only that one item.

You are the one being a little misleading now however by saying that I kept saying. I actually came back after you brought it up and said that yes I could see based on his role that it could be possible he didn't do anything that evening, but it was just one point out of my entire list of things that was leading me to make the vote. That is when you blew up at me and things got out of control.

So before you get back on this track again, here once again are the parts where I already conceded this one point out of the many.

Quote:
sure it is possible Lathum actually did nothing that night, that is fine.

Quote:
Yeah, I pretty much said that I agreed EF had a point there, but he is taking just one small part of the entire thing and trying to hammer it in, which is fine and a good strategy in a few cases depending on what his role really is.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #688
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I agree and I'll take it a step farther, I don't think we should be voting EF today either. Unless we have something specific we can point to, I don't see why we would risk these roles, especially since I would imagine these two would be most apt to have been scanned by 1.0 of all players out there. It's possible we got really unlucky and picked the cunning out on day 1 (as what happened last game), but there are still likely 2-3 other wolves out there even if both or one of these two turn out to be a wolf and I would rather focus our efforts on getting them at this point.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #689
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I agree and I'll take it a step farther, I don't think we should be voting EF today either. Unless we have something specific we can point to, I don't see why we would risk these roles, especially since I would imagine these two would be most apt to have been scanned by 1.0 of all players out there. It's possible we got really unlucky and picked the cunning out on day 1 (as what happened last game), but there are still likely 2-3 other wolves out there even if both or one of these two turn out to be a wolf and I would rather focus our efforts on getting them at this point.

See, I don't really buy this. Knowing Lathum is a wolf and looking at and re-reading of how day 1 went down, I think it's very unlikely both Lerriuqs and EF are autobots.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #690
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See, I don't really buy this. Knowing Lathum is a wolf and looking at and re-reading of how day 1 went down, I think it's very unlikely both Lerriuqs and EF are autobots.

It only helps the wolves to try to get rid of one of our roles without having to worry about being blocked...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #691
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Since it has already been hammered home that the slut role would not have been involved in the night kill at all, and no one has mentioned they had it used on them night 1, why is that?

The only explanation is the wolves felt it would be more worthwhile to have this player do NOTHING that evening than to prevent someone from using their action.

Perhaps they didn't want to get hit by scanner 2.0? That seems a bit of a low risk play there unless they were one of the people with the most heat and possible scan targets from day 1.. Thejackal -- nope.. Lathum -- not the slut role, lerriuqs -- I've already stated why it is fairly unlikely to have scanner 2.0 but not scanner 1.0, Eaglefan -- ???

Why wouldn't they have used the role on someone night 1? If they were the most afraid of the witness role, why not use that on Eaglefan night 1?

It feels like just another piece of circumstantial evidence with no credible backing at all. You talk about "safe scans" from lerriuqs, what Eaglefan has presented is far worse in my opinion.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #692
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
It feels like just another piece of circumstantial evidence with no credible backing at all. You talk about "safe scans" from lerriuqs, what Eaglefan has presented is far worse in my opinion.

I could get behind an EF vote, and since it looks like there is little support for Lerriuqs, I may be switching before I go. I think there is a good chance they are both wolves.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #693
Autumn
Head Coach

I should be back in a few times today. But I agree with Alan's thinking.

VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 11-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #694
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I could get behind an EF vote, and since it looks like there is little support for Lerriuqs, I may be switching before I go. I think there is a good chance they are both wolves.

I don't think they are both wolves. There was a point that I did on day 1 until the way the reveals went down. It feels like ancient history now, but at the time, my comment was that I wondered if Lathum, Eaglefan and Lerriuqs were all wolves based on the way they were all playing it.

But then when they revealed, the way they did it made me re-consider that strongly. That late in the night, if you have wolf vs wolf, at some point you would cut bait and try to position the rest of the wolves to maybe get some trust from it.

I think Lathum was stuck in a tough position (it felt to me almost exactly how I busted St.Cronin in the Heros game). He threw an early throw away vote on Eaglefan but then got cornered when Eaglefan actually became a candidate. If Lathum had been good, there wouldn't have been really much reason to move that vote once it became clear he was one of the leading contenders. But he felt the need to, he tried to find any reason possible to move the vote. he couldn't just put it on Lerriuqs as then it would later appear to be trying to "save" Eaglefan if he did so. So he jumped on the first chance he could, offered up by Passacaglia to move his vote to a brand new candidate late in the day 1. If he had simply moved his vote over to Lerriuqs that day, it would have been even worse looking for him, so he did choose correctly, but was just stuck in a bad spot based on the early vote.

So once lerriuqs revealed and people started flocking to Eaglefan, usually at that point if both of them were wolves, Eaglefan would have had to just take one for the team and most likely a few wolves could have gained a few days of trust from playing it right. Instead Eaglefan had to reveal which led a vote run on Lathum where he then had to reveal.. just seems a bit much to think based on the way that was played that they are all wolves.

I might not be correct on Eaglefan, but I'm giving my reasoning on why I feel this way. I do not think any longer that they were all wolves though, I do believe I was mistaken day 1 when I was thinking that.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #695
Danny
Head Coach

I have to go, I should be on for a short time between work and class, so will look at things then, but since there is no support for a Lerriuqs lynch, I will go with EF for now.

Unvote Lerriuqs
Vote EagleFan
Old 11-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #696
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Go for it, thanks for asking though.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #697
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

A cruise ship (perhaps the one from Alan T's game?) has been hijacked in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The luxury liner was set to sail for two and a half weeks into the Mediterranean Sea. Instead, it is now floating dead in the ocean.

Satellite imagery has shown no signs of life on the outdoor levels but thermal scans show a large mass of bodies, living thankfully, huddled in the lower decks. The thermal scan also shows two large masses moving around, controlling what is happening.

Those two large masses can mean just one thing...Decepticons. No rest for the wicked (or the good).

Deadline is 9 pm EST, good luck!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #698
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

Go for it, thanks for asking though.

Profanity removed, kept the meaning of the post intact and the typos.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #699
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Alan

He obviously wants my power out of the game and only a wolf would want that.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #700
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Vote count as of #699:

Eaglefan (3)- Alan T (642), Autumn (693), Danny (695),

Alan T (1)- EagleFan (699)