Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #651
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...081/1058/PKR01

Playing with the No. 1 offense, Rodgers completed just seven of 20 passes for 84 yards and ended his only crack at the two-minute drill by throwing an interception in the end zone on a ball that badly missed receiver Greg Jennings. A handful of plays before safety Aaron Rouse picked off Rodgers, some in the crowd began to boo.

“They’re booing all of us, probably me mostly,” Rodgers said. “So, yeah, I take it personally. But it’s not the first time, and it probably won’t be the last time.”

Rodgers told the Press-Gazette that the Packers haven't approached him about a contract extension, and that he’s not interested in one at this time.

“Not until I play,” Rodgers said. “There’s no point in extending my contract until I play.”
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #652
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of Foo View Post
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...081/1058/PKR01

Playing with the No. 1 offense, Rodgers completed just seven of 20 passes for 84 yards and ended his only crack at the two-minute drill by throwing an interception in the end zone on a ball that badly missed receiver Greg Jennings. A handful of plays before safety Aaron Rouse picked off Rodgers, some in the crowd began to boo.

“They’re booing all of us, probably me mostly,” Rodgers said. “So, yeah, I take it personally. But it’s not the first time, and it probably won’t be the last time.”

Rodgers told the Press-Gazette that the Packers haven't approached him about a contract extension, and that he’s not interested in one at this time.

“Not until I play,” Rodgers said. “There’s no point in extending my contract until I play.”

This is the kind of stuff I want to see. Fans booing, testy quotes from players, all that good stuff.

The more chaos the better.

Keep it up, fellas. You go on with your bad self, Favre!

Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 08-05-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #653
Kodos
Resident Alien

No doubt Matt Millen will have his team primed to take maximal advantage of this situation!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #654
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
No doubt Matt Millen will have his team primed to take maximal advantage of this situation!

Oh, they are primed. my friend. So very, very primed. The new focus on the running game (despite having wasted 4 Top Ten Picks in recent years on receivers) is going to be key.

Gosder Cherlius + Kevin "Don't Call Me Jones" Smith = Paydirt.

Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, rah, rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lions victory!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 08-05-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #655
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I like the quote from the Lions offensive coach from the other day. Told his team after practice they "weren't mentally tough enough to execute a running game."

LOL
Old 08-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #656
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

This is the kind of stuff I want to see. Fans booing, testy quotes from players, all that good stuff.

The more chaos the better.

Keep it up, fellas. You go on with your bad self, Favre!

I missed it Sunday night, but NFL Network showed the scrimmage last night waiting for the McCarthy press conference. The booing was there, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was reading that article Monday morning. Rodgers' comments weren't exactly testy either, more matter of fact and straight honesty. If I have learned anything about Rodgers while he has been in Green Bay, it is that he does not seem to be the kind of guy who is going to mentally cave under from stuff like this. Favre being named starter is another animal, but I think even he could keep somewhat positive in the face of that.

His play on the other hand, was in fact not all that hot. Some good throws, som pretty bad ones. The INT actually seemed Favre-esque, as he tried to throw it to a WR with 3 defenders around him. Bad influence FTL! He made some good decisions with getting rid of the ball before that. He had some balls dropped by WRs. Overall, I give some blame to him, and some blame to the defense and WRs. The CBs were all over the WRs in that scrimmage, and I am not sure if that is good or not because Woodson and Harris were not in it. I say it is a scrimmage in the end, and not an indication of anything really.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #657
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
I like the quote from the Lions offensive coach from the other day. Told his team after practice they "weren't mentally tough enough, physically powerful enough, cohesive enough, or talented enough to execute a running game."

LOL

Fixed for Jim Colleto.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #658
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Favre has left the building.....

From ESPN. NFL.com and NFL Radio have also reported he left the team facilities.....

Quote:
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre went into a meeting Tuesday morning acknowledging that he was at a "stalemate" with the team and believed the "best thing for this team is for us to part ways."
Favre left practice shortly before 3 p.m. ET Tuesday, telling ESPN's Wendi Nix that he was not going to practice. He said there would be another meeting with his family and Packers GM Ted Thompson to discuss trade possibilities, in the hopes of resolving the situation. It was not clear when that meeting would take place.
"We're at a stalemate," Favre said. "Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction. We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner [Roger Goodell] reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."
Favre said the team once again rejected his request to talk to teams about a trade within the NFC North, preferably to the Minnesota Vikings or possibly the Chicago Bears.
And while Fave left without practicing on Tuesday, sources told Nix that his wife, Deanna, and his agent, James "Bus" Cook, were encouraging him to practice.
Favre clarified reports that he and the Packers have backpedaled on the premise that there would be an open competition with Aaron Rodgers for the starting job.
"Mike told me, hey, we're a better team with you on it but wanted to know if I have a problem with an open competition," Favre said. "I don't have a problem with competing -- you know that, but Aaron should be the starter right now because he's been out here all this time. This is more than about an open competition and I can do that, absolutely, but this is going to be mass confusion and that's not good for this team.
"I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be, but this probably isn't going to work. And I truly understand that if I was in Mike's shoes, I'd see it basically the same way he sees it, I'm sure. And I think if he was in my shoes, he'd see it my way. I think we both agree on that.
"They want to know if I'm committed but I want to know if they're 100 percent committed. The problem is that there's been a lot of damage done and I can't forget it. Stuff has been said, stories planted, that just aren't true. Can I get over all that? I doubt it."
Favre, who officially returned from retirement Sunday, met with McCarthy for 5½ hours on Monday night without reaching a resolution. The meeting went long enough that McCarthy had to postpone a planned briefing with the media.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #659
rkmsuf
Head Coach

anyone hire a bodyguard for rodgers?

hey kid, yeah you. don't you pedal rodgers to practice on your bike? how do you feel about having a horrible bike accident on the way....I'll make it worth your while if you know what I mean.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 08-05-2008 at 02:19 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #660
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

So now what? He isn't practicing with the team and he only wants to play in the NFC North? I'm thinking he should go back to being retired since he isn't going to get a solution that he will like.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #661
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think TO stole Favre's identity.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #662
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am so glad I'm not a Packers fan. This whole thing is nuts.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #663
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Being a Philadelphia fan I just sit back and am thankful that for once this circus doesn't involve one of my teams.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #664
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Wendi, how would you describe Brett's mood?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #665
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Somewhere the dude that pitched the Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood piece is rooting hard for the GB front office.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #666
Jas_lov
College Starter

They're having a meeting with Favre, Thompson, and Favre's wife and possibly his agent to get a trade worked out. Favre may have to agree to play outside the division as the Packers ain't backing down. Aaron Rodgers is their starting quarterback.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #667
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
They're having a meeting with Favre, Thompson, and Favre's wife and possibly his agent to get a trade worked out. Favre may have to agree to play outside the division as the Packers ain't backing down. Aaron Rodgers is their starting quarterback.

Well, I'm sure Favre's wife being there will resolve the situation.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #668
Anthony
Banned

if i were Favre i'd just agree to be traded and once on that team hold out until they trade to the Bears or Vikings. or work something out with the Jets/Bucs right now and let them know ahead of time where they aquire Favre for a 3rd round pick and flip him for a 2nd round pick to an NFC North team. i think by now Favre should realize his goal is to simply get off the Packers, cuz nothing is gonna happen the way he wants it to as long as he's on their payroll.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #669
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Well, I'm sure Favre's wife being there will resolve the situation.

Favre probably just wants to keep her away from Rodgers.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #670
gstelmack
Pro Starter

When do they start fining him for skipping practice?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #671
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
When do they start fining him for skipping practice?

I doubt they want him to be at practice, so it seems unlikely that they'd fine him.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #672
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

But he could help mentor Brohm if he was in practice.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #673
Jas_lov
College Starter

Favre to Tampa?

"Favre said the team once again rejected his request to talk to teams about a trade within the NFC North -- preferably to the Minnesota Vikings or possibly the Chicago Bears.

But a source involved in the discussions told ESPN's Ed Werder that Favre is talking to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers about a possible trade there."

ESPN - Favre says of situation: 'This probably isn't going to work' - NFL
Old 08-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #674
Jas_lov
College Starter

ALLEN NOWHERE TO BE FOUND

With trade rumors regarding Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre still swirling around Tampa Bay, Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen was conspicuously absent from Tuesday’s training camp practice. Pewter Report cannot remember a time since Allen’s arrival in Tampa Bay in 2004 where he has missed a training camp practice.

Team sources did not disclose Allen’s location, but they did tell Pewter Report that Allen is not in Green Bay, nor is he meeting with Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, and that he should be back in Orlando by Wednesday afternoon.

Tuesday Bucs Camp Notebook | Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Pewter Report
Old 08-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #675
molson
General Manager

TB seems like the obvious compromise at this point - if Favre doesn't want that, than his douchebaggery goes up 10X.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #676
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Favre to Tampa?

"Favre said the team once again rejected his request to talk to teams about a trade within the NFC North -- preferably to the Minnesota Vikings or possibly the Chicago Bears.

But a source involved in the discussions told ESPN's Ed Werder that Favre is talking to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers about a possible trade there."

ESPN - Favre says of situation: 'This probably isn't going to work' - NFL

Quote:
ALLEN NOWHERE TO BE FOUND

With trade rumors regarding Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre still swirling around Tampa Bay, Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen was conspicuously absent from Tuesday’s training camp practice. Pewter Report cannot remember a time since Allen’s arrival in Tampa Bay in 2004 where he has missed a training camp practice.

Team sources did not disclose Allen’s location, but they did tell Pewter Report that Allen is not in Green Bay, nor is he meeting with Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, and that he should be back in Orlando by Wednesday afternoon.

Tuesday Bucs Camp Notebook | Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Pewter Report

This could be an excellent scenario. While I would have loved to see Favre in a Vikings uniform, having him to go Tampa works well. Not only will seeing him roll out there in that pewter and red or whatever uniform be quite the sight, but it will also displace and cause much displeasure to Jeff Garcia. I don't like Jeff Garcia.

Two birds. One stone.

Me likey.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #677
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
TB seems like the obvious compromise at this point - if Favre doesn't want that, than his douchebaggery goes up 10X.

Seeing he says that he wants to play and doesn't want to be distraction out of the side of his mouth, but then won't go to a team that (presumably) wants to trade for him and instead wants to go in the division (which would be a big distraction).

I'd just like some news other than Favre for once.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #678
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd really like to see him go to Indy. Either Manning or his streak of starts ends!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #679
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Gruden and Favre.

I think that would be fun!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #680
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This could be an excellent scenario. While I would have loved to see Favre in a Vikings uniform, having him to go Tampa works well. Not only will seeing him roll out there in that pewter and red or whatever uniform be quite the sight, but it will also displace and cause much displeasure to Jeff Garcia. I don't like Jeff Garcia.

Two birds. One stone.

Me likey.

If this were a world I designed, Sapp will have not submitted his retirement papers either, and upon hearing of Favre in Tampa, he would return and sign with the Packers. Then he could sack Favre the Bucc as Sapp the Packer in bizarro world.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #681
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that
Well that's great to hear. It's nice to know that Brett would breakdown and practice hard if push came to shove.

If I were GB, I would try and trade him to the Jets or Bucs (or anyone else not in the NFC North) for the next week. If nothing comes of that, I would put him on PUP (reports were that he had an "abdominal strain" in his physical - those HS kids must have been pretty rough). Then, in a couple weeks, I'd cut him (while also encourage him to retire).

If someone wants to sign Brett to be their starter at that point, have at it. I don't think his heart is in it. I think the reason he wants a team like the Vikes is he doesn't want to have to work hard to win this season. Brett figures that if he goes out and gives 70%, that is better than Jackson and may be enough to win the North. I think Mike M. saw that in Favre during their meeting and that's why he wants no part of him:

Quote:
"That's part of the issue with him, quite frankly," McCarthy said. "And listening to him talk about that, you respect his opinion. And frankly, I told him, I said, 'I'll take responsibility because I have a voice in the building.' I never thought he truly was going to play. I thought he was emotionally driven for other reasons."

McCarthy said Favre was "very convincing" in their conversations about his desire to play Monday night and Tuesday. But McCarthy still seemed to have reservations about Favre's commitment to preparation.

Would Favre continue to stay at Lambeau late at night to study film, a major factor in his success last season?

"That was a very good question for him," McCarthy said. "He's in a tough spot right now."

McCarthy also didn't seem convinced that Favre was thinking clearly about his future.

"He has a lot going through his head, and I think he's emotional," McCarthy said. "And just talking to him, he's in a tough spot."

Doesn't sound like a head coach ready to turn the reigns of his team over to Favre.

Last edited by Arles : 08-06-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #682
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
if i were Favre i'd just agree to be traded and once on that team hold out until they trade to the Bears or Vikings. or work something out with the Jets/Bucs right now and let them know ahead of time where they aquire Favre for a 3rd round pick and flip him for a 2nd round pick to an NFC North team. i think by now Favre should realize his goal is to simply get off the Packers, cuz nothing is gonna happen the way he wants it to as long as he's on their payroll.
The Packers could put a provision in the trade that says "if you trade Brett, you owe us 2 firsts". Still, I don't think that would happen. Brett would look like a complete joke if he went from GB to Tampa to Minnesota. Tampa would lose some face for future trades and they would lose some credibility with the fans. You could also risk upsetting the players who felt Favre could help them win. Why would you go through all that to move from a mid 3 to a late 2 in the draft?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #683
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Looks like a deal to Tampa is almost complete:

Scout.com: Report: Favre to Bucs in next 24 hours

Quote:
From one bay to another?

The Tampa Tribune’s Ira Kaufman late Tuesday night reported a trade between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Green Bay Packers for Brett Favre is “likely to be finalized in the next 24 hours.”

Packers general manager Ted Thompson has a previously scheduled news conference set for 11:30 a.m. today, after the morning practice.

The New York Jets and Buccaneers are the only teams known to be given permission by the Packers to talk to Favre and agent Bus Cook. Favre and Cook had refused to talk to the Bucs. Until Tuesday, when Favre — no doubt after being told in no uncertain terms the Packers would never let him play for Minnesota — told the Bucs he would not stand in the way of a deal.

Kaufman called chances of the trade falling apart “remote.”

If this happens, I will be rooting for GB and Tampa this season.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #684
JeeberD
General Manager

A dude on the Rockets board posted at 6:30 tonight that a friend of his in the Bucs organization texted him saying it was a done deal, for what little that's worth...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #685
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
If this happens, I will be rooting for GB and Tampa this season.

I'll be hoping Favre looks old playing and the Packers make the playoffs.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #686
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I'll be hoping Favre looks old playing and the Packers make the playoffs.

I am hoping Favre looks old playing and Rodgers is awful and neither the Bucs nor the Packers make the playoffs.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #687
Jas_lov
College Starter

I'm hoping Favre does terrible without Driver and Jennings and he retires midseason. Aaron Rodgers plays well, doesn't make too many mistakes, and leads the young Packers back to the playoffs.

So where does Jeff Garcia go? I'm assuming he'll be furious and want out immediately. The Bears and Vikings will probably be interested. I wonder what the Bucs are offering for Favre. ESPN said the offer from the Jets is better, but I guess it depends on where Favre will play.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #688
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I
So where does Jeff Garcia go? I'm assuming he'll be furious and want out immediately.

*fingers crossed*
Old 08-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #689
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So where does Jeff Garcia go? I'm assuming he'll be furious and want out immediately. The Bears and Vikings will probably be interested.

Guess they need a backup in Green Bay
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #690
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK View Post
Guess they need a backup in Green Bay

The deal may include a QB with experience like Griese or Simms since the Packers don't have an experienced backup, but it won't be Garcia. Jeff Garcia feels that he earned the starting job and he's gonna want to go somewhere he can start.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #691
molson
General Manager

It'd be kind of funny if Garcia ends up with the Vikings and has the best season of the 3, making the playoffs ahead of the Buccs and Packers.

Last edited by molson : 08-06-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #692
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

So, will the Packers still go through with the Brett Favre jersey retirement ceremony if he's playing for another team?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #693
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Garcia would be perfect for Chicago
Old 08-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #694
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It'd be kind of funny if Garcia ends up with the Vikings and has the best season of the 3, making the playoffs ahead of the Buccs and Packers.

If he went to the Vikings and can learn there system in time, I think that is exactly what would happen. He is good enough to win with that kind of talent around him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #695
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So, will the Packers still go through with the Brett Favre jersey retirement ceremony if he's playing for another team?

That was put on hold ages ago. (Although, ages ago in this drama was probably like 72 hours ago)
Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #696
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
If this were a world I designed, Sapp will have not submitted his retirement papers either, and upon hearing of Favre in Tampa, he would return and sign with the Packers. Then he could sack Favre the Bucc as Sapp the Packer in bizarro world.

I guess that depends how you define "could"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #697
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Per PFT.com, Fox's Jay Glazer is reporting that the Jets have a "much sweeter" deal on the table for Favre than the Bucs. No details on what they're offering, though.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #698
Jas_lov
College Starter

I'd like to see them dump Favre on the Jets, but it's not gonna happen. The Jets picked up Faneca, Woody, and Richardson in free agency but the AFC is tough. You're basically fighting for the #6 seed with NE, Indy, SD, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh expected to be back in the playoffs. The Bucs have Gruden who knows Favre well, a similar offense, a better chance to make the playoffs, and they play the Packers this year so it's just a much better fit for Favre. Hopefully the Jets involvement will help to increase what the Bucs are offering.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 08-06-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #699
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Now Favre is saying that he will play for the Bucs or Jets. Could have just said this weeks ago. If Favre is displeased with the Wisconsin media, wait until the NY media gets him.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #700
molson
General Manager

Why is all being done through the media? The Packers are retarded. They go out an announce that the Favre is done in Green Bay. Ya, that will help your leverage in trade negotiations. Than Favre says he's going to 1 of 2 teams. Why not just pretend the Vikings are an option until you have a deal?

Last edited by molson : 08-06-2008 at 10:20 AM.