Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #651
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
We have potions and spells and stuff in this game. I viewed it more as an item some player found and cast it upon someone else.

Maybe she found the book and chose to read it and it put her to sleep then.. and maybe Path was right that its a dislexic title
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #652
Telle
College Starter

I was attacked by the dragon last night, and saw that it was Mr.Wednesday.

VOTE MR.WEDNESDAY
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #653
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I was attacked by the dragon last night, and saw that it was Mr.Wednesday.

VOTE MR.WEDNESDAY

lol.. people just don't like you.. how many times have you been attacked so far and the attacker failed? 3?

You would think they would have learned by now.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #654
Telle
College Starter

Oh, and he has quite the nasty gash on his side now from my sword And he fled into Sherwood Forest.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #655
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
lol.. people just don't like you.. how many times have you been attacked so far and the attacker failed? 3?

You would think they would have learned by now.

Yeah RendeR's been in quite disbelief over the luck I've had thus far
Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #656
RendeR
Coordinator

A loud ROAR eminates from Sherwood forest, obviously someone took Telle's comments to heart and went after the Dragon!

Once collected there you find Sir lancelot standing proudly behind a table festooned with roasts, steaks and sausage....Dragon sausage.

There isn't enough of The dragon left to make soup at this point. This must have been one rediculously one sided fight as Lancelot looks even more clean, calm and pristine than ever.

The Dragon is Dead! He was Mr. Wednesday!!!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #657
Telle
College Starter

Good job Lancelot! Mmmm.. dragon sausage
Old 11-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #658
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So who was Lancelot?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #659
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well I found out who had the crossbow...I just did my search while in the forest and low and behold what did I find...the crossbow next two some old dragon scales...so I guess that mystery is solved too.

I'm guessing that Mr. W's goal was eliminate one person from each pair or something.

anyhow I don't think we'll be seeing people offed w/ the crossbow today.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #660
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

lol.. a dragon that uses a crossbow?

This just in.. Render hates me... thats all!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #661
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So who was Lancelot?

Well originally I had thought that Sndvls was the dragon because of his interest about who was looking for the dragon, then I thought he was Lancelot, but Hoops said that Sndvls was not his ally.. so I'm back to not knowing who Lancelot is/was.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 AM   #662
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Am I allowed to post my exact PM, or must I switch tiny things up a bit?

Basically, she jumped me (her name, not role), and "underestimated me", and I basically kicked the shit out of her.

Out of all that, I only saw her name, not role. Not even any in-game descriptions, which is a bummer. But at least I know she's bad. Slam dunk vote today.

So even if she attacked you, she could be a villager acting on a hunch, right? Plus, I'm not sure how we can believe that you were really attacked by her. With Wednesday out of the picture...

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 AM   #663
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well originally I had thought that Sndvls was the dragon because of his interest about who was looking for the dragon, then I thought he was Lancelot, but Hoops said that Sndvls was not his ally.. so I'm back to not knowing who Lancelot is/was.

Hoops could have been lying. It's not like I announced it to the world when I found Buttercup. And the fact that SnDvls found the crossbow makes me think he was the one who killed the dragon -- he just doesn't want to say he's Lancelot. Dude, SnDvls, you can't get a major victory at this point anyway -- fess up and join me!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #664
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
So even if she attacked you, she could be a villager acting on a hunch, right? Plus, I'm not sure how we can believe that you were really attacked by her. With Wednesday out of the picture...

VOTE SCHMIDTY

That's a good point. And she can't even speak for herself since she appears to be taking a very long nap.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #665
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Hoops said that he felt 100% sure she was not a wolf. Based on her actions, I am guessing it is some other evil creature. Since I am looking for one of the other evil creatures, its as good of place as any for me to look for now.

What do you think are the victory conditions for the evil members of the triangle? Maybe to kill both of the good members of it?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #666
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Wouldn't that be RVW instead of RWV?

Insomnia was clouding my brain.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #667
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What do you think are the victory conditions for the evil members of the triangle? Maybe to kill both of the good members of it?

Well thats something I have been trying to figure out. Since the good guys have to do more than just find friends and eliminate the bad guy, they also have to find items, that seems like quite a difficult list of things to do before someone finally offs one of your two people.. I had assumed just as we were looking for our nemesis, they too were looking to kill us. But that seems too easy to me, so I am not sure what else their winning condition would be...

However since my winning condition is self-contained and has nothing to do with the dragon or evil mastermind (or even the wolves until Render added the minor victory condition), I assumed they too were the same way.. Thats why I am puzzled a bit about our dragon.. unless he was just taking pot shots at trying to find his targets, he seemed fine killing just anyone.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #668
SnDvls
Pro Starter

could the dragon's victory of been to prevent us from finding our pair and by taking out one it help him achieve his goal? just thinking out loud here.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #669
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well thats something I have been trying to figure out. Since the good guys have to do more than just find friends and eliminate the bad guy, they also have to find items, that seems like quite a difficult list of things to do before someone finally offs one of your two people.. I had assumed just as we were looking for our nemesis, they too were looking to kill us. But that seems too easy to me, so I am not sure what else their winning condition would be...

However since my winning condition is self-contained and has nothing to do with the dragon or evil mastermind (or even the wolves until Render added the minor victory condition), I assumed they too were the same way.. Thats why I am puzzled a bit about our dragon.. unless he was just taking pot shots at trying to find his targets, he seemed fine killing just anyone.

How was he to pick and choose who he killed? I'm wondering if he was the bad guy for Lancelot and Guinevere -- if he had to kill them both, how would he know who to go after? In that case, I can see him just killing anyone.

I guess I'm worried that if we kill an evil creature that's not a wolf, we're handing a major victory to two good guys. And I'm not one of them!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #670
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
could the dragon's victory of been to prevent us from finding our pair and by taking out one it help him achieve his goal? just thinking out loud here.

I just don't see how that would fit in with all of the other groupings.. Lancelot + Guinevere + bad guy would pretty much fit in with just about all of the other ones. The dragon seemed like their most likely nemesis (coupled with the fact Lancelot killed him).. I think either the dragon was taking shots at people in hopes of finding the right person, or something else is going on.

I think if the dragon had incentive to take out others besides Lancelot and Guinevere, then so did the Evil mastermind, and other bad guys.. and if so then this game is going to be even more challenging for me to win.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #671
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Just reading over last night. That bandwagon on SnDvls was crazy! Don't we know DT is a wolf?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #672
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How was he to pick and choose who he killed? I'm wondering if he was the bad guy for Lancelot and Guinevere -- if he had to kill them both, how would he know who to go after? In that case, I can see him just killing anyone.

I guess I'm worried that if we kill an evil creature that's not a wolf, we're handing a major victory to two good guys. And I'm not one of them!

I assume the bad guy has to spy on players the same way we do. I don't have any ability to hunt down the bad guys , just my friends. so the only way in the rule set I can find to hunt down who your bad guy is, is to spy on them..

However if other people's major victory conditions are like mine, I'm not worried about another pair getting a major victory.. I'm not even close to winning myself right now. I'm just trying to stay alive at this point.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #673
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just reading over last night. That bandwagon on SnDvls was crazy! Don't we know DT is a wolf?

We know DT used to be a wolf. Telle used some potion that had the description of de-wolfing him, but we aren't sure one way or another.. and DT didn't help his cause any with absolutely no explanation at all (lie or otherwise). At the end everyone was voted for Sndvls or DT except for me, And two things scared me.. the sudden bandwagon on Sndvls for absolutely no reason (like I said earlier, I assumed he was the dragon until this morning and don't really have any incentive to go after the dragon one way or another).. and then the sudden disappearance of some votes on DT (which render later admitted was just his mistake). So I saved Sndvls and sent DT back to the bog.

Now watch Sndvls be my "bad guy" that I am looking for to eliminate.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #674
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

DT was a wolf. But then I used a potion on him and he became human. I don't really know what that means within the scope of the game and win conditions and such.. but we've had a lot of weird stuff going on in this game.

I just kinda threw SnDvls' name out there as someone to look at since I didn't see any reason to send DT off to the bog at that point.. and was rather surprised that so many people followed me since it's not like I had any evidence against him or anything.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #675
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, it was weird. So many people saying, "I dunno what to do -- might as well all pile on this guy." Yeah, watch him be bad after all that. Still seems fishy. Are we sure that DT really is human, and that there wasn't a push to protect him?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #676
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The dragon's victory had to do with the princesses.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #677
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

my question about DT's transformation is how long is it effective. could he already have changed back to a wolf?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #678
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
The dragon's victory had to do with the princesses.

How do you know this? Guessing because of all of the girls that died? Are you then assuming that Telle is a princess too? The only difference there is if Mr.W had been shooting them all with the crossbow, wouldn't Telle's sword have been rather ineffective against a crossbow?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #679
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Yeah, it was weird. So many people saying, "I dunno what to do -- might as well all pile on this guy." Yeah, watch him be bad after all that. Still seems fishy. Are we sure that DT really is human, and that there wasn't a push to protect him?

I was told that he turned into a human. Beyond that, I dunno. Maybe the wolves wanted to protect him in case they find a potion that will turn him back? Or maybe it was just a weird pile-on.. just off the top of my head there was me who is human, Anxiety who killed the evil genius, and Mr. Wednesday who was the dragon. Seems like a pretty mixed bag.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #680
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
How do you know this? Guessing because of all of the girls that died? Are you then assuming that Telle is a princess too? The only difference there is if Mr.W had been shooting them all with the crossbow, wouldn't Telle's sword have been rather ineffective against a crossbow?

Yeah his attack on me had nothing to do with a crossbow. He swooped in on me and tried to grab me.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #681
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I was told that he turned into a human. Beyond that, I dunno. Maybe the wolves wanted to protect him in case they find a potion that will turn him back? Or maybe it was just a weird pile-on.. just off the top of my head there was me who is human, Anxiety who killed the evil genius, and Mr. Wednesday who was the dragon. Seems like a pretty mixed bag.

What do you mean, human?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #682
Telle
College Starter

Hi hair fell out, his teeth and nails shortened, and he became human.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #683
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hmm interesting day thus far. Im sure it will continue to be so.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #684
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Hi hair fell out, his teeth and nails shortened, and he became human.

Oh, I meant when you called yourself human. Do you mean you're a "good guy" or physically human? How have you been identified as either?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #685
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Oh, I meant when you called yourself human. Do you mean you're a "good guy" or physically human? How have you been identified as either?

I meant non-wolf. Hoopsguy identified me as not being a wolf.. and he appearantly was pretty certain about what exactly my role is.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #686
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I thought it was oliegirl that he identified as not a wolf?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #687
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If I recall correctly, Hoopsguy flat out said that he felt Telle was "good" wheras Oliegirl was just said to not be a wolf and that he knew her role but didn't see any motivation to reveal it.

Thats one of the reasons I trust Telle and don't trust OG
Old 11-08-2007, 11:27 AM   #688
Telle
College Starter

Here's what hoops said about me and my role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Well, I have some information on Telle. I'm quite certain she is not a wolf, if that helps anyone make their decision.

She is not the droid I'm looking for, but I have no reason to believe that she is furry. I followed her because I wanted to have more information to help us make a decision on her between now and noon tomorrow.

However, I had also followed Mr. W yesterday and learned nothing at all about him. Have other people used the "spy" option so far this game and gotten meaningful results? I'm trying, in light of learning something about Telle, to determine how concerned I should be to learn nothing about Mr. Wednesday on Day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Upon further review, I'm pretty confident that I can name Telle's role exactly. But I don't see any strategic advantage for me in doing so, unless it is to be underhanded and try to provide additional targets for the wolves. So I'll hold off on doing so, but will vouch for her as a non-wolf.

Just putting that out there in case someone who has an antidote feels like saving her.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #689
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The other thing about Telle that makes me feel good about her is that Hoopsguy was the one with the potion that apparently saved Telle's life. I highly doubt that he would have passed that to her if she had come back as anything evil.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #690
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I thought Telle changed him back to human. That's why I didn't vote for him. I'd have rather voted Oliegirl but SnDvls had more votes and I didn't want to be seen as wasting mine.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #691
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Edit: I'd best just not say anything.

Great game RendeR, I'll be back to discuss in the postgame.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 11-08-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #692
path12
Coordinator

Might as well get my vote in.

VOTE OLIEGIRL
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #693
Telle
College Starter

Has anyone else spied upon someone or been attacked and seen who their attacker was? I can't be the only one. There is Schmidty.. but I honestly have no idea if he's telling the truth or if he was the one that attacked her and is simply taking advantage of her currently being out of commission.

And after that rush on SnDvls yesterday, I'm wondering if maybe he was actually a bad guy and some people who knew took advantage of the chance to vote for him without outting who they are and how they know??
Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #694
RendeR
Coordinator

FEE FIE FO FUM!

LOOK HERE FOR THE MIGHTY DJINNI HAS COME

3 WISHES OFFERED 3 WISHES GIVEN

CHOICES HAVE BEEN MADE BY THE ONE WHO COULD MAKE THEM

FIRST AND MOST DEVIOUS, DEATH, WAS HIS CHOICE

BRAVEST AND STRONGEST FROM YOU HE HAS FINGERED

DEATH TO SIR LANCELOT, MOST POWERFUL, DELIVERED!

With a resounding BOOOOOM!!, Sir lancelot falls over. Dead.

Lancelot has been killed by the mighty Djinni, Chief Rum Was Lancelot, and he was a WOLF!

Last edited by RendeR : 11-08-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #695
Telle
College Starter

Whoa
Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #696
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Good grief .. I think it is time for me to just throw away my notes
Old 11-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #697
RendeR
Coordinator

FEE FIE FOE FUM, THE SECOND WISH IS NOW TO COME!

LIFE CAN BE TAKEN AND LIFE CAN BE GIVEN

A BALANCE THIS DAY MY POWERS HAVE RIVEN

AWAKE I COMMAND YOU! RISE AND BREATHE AGAIN.

THE MIRICLE OF LIFE I BESTOW UPON THEE.

Another resounging *BOOOOOOOOOOM* is heard and the very ground shakes with its power!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #698
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh.. looks like someone will be rejoining us. This should be fun.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #699
SnDvls
Pro Starter

oh great now what?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #700
Telle
College Starter

I'm waiting to see what the third wish was. And who the heck was raised from the dead??