Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #651
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Think about it as well, other than Neon who voted me out of spite for last night, Path is the only "veteran" who has their vote on me. Every other person hasn't played many games with me.

Ask yourself ... why does every single veteran think its a bad move to lynch me today?

One thing I do dislike is when WW discussions on this board go into who are veterans and who are newbies. WW is a game where experience helps, just like any other game, but I don't think the divide is as great as it is sometimes made out to be, or at least implied to be. At the end of the day it is a reason and intuition game, which are innate human skills.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #652
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Doesn't look like I will get a chance to as people would rather vote for someone who might or might not have changed into a wolf, than someone who started as one.

How do you know Neon started as one?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #653
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
One thing I do dislike is when WW discussions on this board go into who are veterans and who are newbies. WW is a game where experience helps, just like any other game, but I don't think the divide is as great as it is sometimes made out to be, or at least implied to be. At the end of the day it is a reason and intuition game, which are innate human skills.

If you re-read what I wrote, I clearly didn't say it had to do with game experience. It very much has to do with people being familiar with other people's playing style. If you have played 15-20 games with someone and they ALWAYS act a similar way, you learn a bit about them..

So I agree with your post, but in this case, people who have played a bunch of games with me know me better than people who haven't.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #654
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Telle, are you planning on moving your vote, or keeping it on Barkeep?

I'm planning on keeping it on Barkeep. I'll move it if I have to to avoid a tie though.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #655
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
How do you know Neon started as one?

I never said Neon started as one. However, most people's reason against me is that I may some day turn into a wolf. I just hope its before the end of this game, since I haven't yet!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #656
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
The -only- game I have ever seen where there was a conversion that didn't happen instantly was the Spawn games, and in them the doctor could cure the person if they got to them in time.

I think it's a flimsy defense if you try and use past games with mechanics that have no bearing on this current one as proof that you're not a wolf. Sure, the slow-conversion thing might not have happened in previous games, but it's not wildly implausible. Makes more sense than a maksed doctor rescuing you from the wolves and then stealing away into the night, leaving no trace.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #657
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, I really didn't want to reveal this as I feel its too early in the game. However with votes moving, I feel that it would be irresponsible of me to not reveal with enough time for people to get votes off of me. With Tanglewood stating he would vote for me, it looks likely that I am the marked person for tonight without this reveal.

I am Van Helsing. I get to protect someone every night. I am not going into any more detail about what I can and can't do as now obviously I have to play a game of chess with the wolves for the rest of the game.

Night 1: I tried to protect Chief Rum. I didn't get any information at all whatsoever as the rest of what happened is exactly as I said previously. I woke up remembering none of the previous evening. The reason I decided to reveal that part was my fear that if someone good did something to me, the lack of my mentioning it might be more suspicious than mentioning it. I honestly never considered any "slow conversion" Until Kwhit brought it up. The only thing that popped into my mind then and still I believe is true is either: A) Chief RUm did something or has some ability for me to not be able to protect him/guard him/watch him. B) Someone else used some form of inhibition on me.

Night 2: I won't say who I protected, but i will say what I saw. I don't want that person to come out and confirm things in any way at all. I saw PlayerX basically steal a handkerchief from Cartman (or maybe it was cartman's room. The PM wasn't very specific about it). PlayerX returned to their room and the light was on all night but no one ever came to visit them. My take on this is that PlayerX is the Good scientist, and I feel that due to this Cartman likely turned up as good (or at least not a wolf).

I've been trying to ride the fine line of not getting lynched for a while, but I in good conscience can not let myself be lynched for the sake of the village, so must reveal earlier than I wanted to. For a while today, I felt the momentum had turned and I could ride things out and not have to reveal. I no longer feel that way. There are 50 minutes left and plenty of you here. So there is plenty of time for you all to save me.

Do NOT vote for me.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #658
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

FWIW, I don't think that the conversation heads in this direction as often, or as forcefully, now as it has in the past.

Don't want to threadjack the game as deadline approaches, but didn't feel like starting a separate thread on this topic either.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #659
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I think it's a flimsy defense if you try and use past games with mechanics that have no bearing on this current one as proof that you're not a wolf. Sure, the slow-conversion thing might not have happened in previous games, but it's not wildly implausible. Makes more sense than a maksed doctor rescuing you from the wolves and then stealing away into the night, leaving no trace.

You are the one that is using past game mechanics against me. I'm flat out saying I don't believe there is a slow conversion in this game. Don't turn this around on me at all.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #660
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

son of a bitch

that reveal is going to hurt us!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #661
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
FWIW, I don't think that the conversation heads in this direction as often, or as forcefully, now as it has in the past.

Don't want to threadjack the game as deadline approaches, but didn't feel like starting a separate thread on this topic either.

I agree that it doesn't either. I think Tanglewood just completely missed my point all together, and I would be happy to talk about this after the game more if he wants to.

But playing 20 games with someone means you are more familiar with their play style. I never even inferred playing ability or WW experience in my post. I simply said the only people other than Path who were voting for me hadn't played many games with me and wern't familiar with me.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #662
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
son of a bitch

that reveal is going to hurt us!

Don't blame me. Blame Path and Tanglewood.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:10 PM   #663
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
It is not your first Werewolf game. You have played in several and GM'ed at least two on another message board.

Three.

But I was saying it was my first werewolf game in the context of games at FOFC.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #664
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

son of a bitch!

well, let's summarize what we learned:

alan=good
cr= ?
playerx=good scientist
cartman=good
Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #665
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Night 1: I tried to protect Chief Rum. I didn't get any information at all whatsoever as the rest of what happened is exactly as I said previously. I woke up remembering none of the previous evening. The reason I decided to reveal that part was my fear that if someone good did something to me, the lack of my mentioning it might be more suspicious than mentioning it. I honestly never considered any "slow conversion" Until Kwhit brought it up. The only thing that popped into my mind then and still I believe is true is either: A) Chief RUm did something or has some ability for me to not be able to protect him/guard him/watch him. B) Someone else used some form of inhibition on me.

Doesn't that make you suspicious of Chief then? If not, why?

UNVOTE ALAN T
Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #666
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh i'm not blaming you alan. It's just unfortunate
Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #667
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
son of a bitch!

well, let's summarize what we learned:

alan=good
cr= ?
playerx=good scientist
cartman=good

For the record, I don't know that playerx is the good scientist, but what I witnessed was in line with what I would expect of someone taking an item from someone else to "examine" DNA.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #668
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For the record, I don't know that playerx is the good scientist, but what I witnessed was in line with what I would expect of someone taking an item from someone else to "examine" DNA.

Also I don't know anything about Cartman myself, but I am just going off of playerX's interaction today.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #669
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Well, that is definitely a bunch of news to digest and consider.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 PM   #670
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Doesn't that make you suspicious of Chief then? If not, why?

UNVOTE ALAN T

I still don't know if it was him that caused it or someone else.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 PM   #671
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

right. That was the one thing that we're not "sure" of on that list. I should have said "presumed good scientist"
Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 PM   #672
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well, I really didn't want to reveal this as I feel its too early in the game. However with votes moving, I feel that it would be irresponsible of me to not reveal with enough time for people to get votes off of me. With Tanglewood stating he would vote for me, it looks likely that I am the marked person for tonight without this reveal.

I am Van Helsing. I get to protect someone every night. I am not going into any more detail about what I can and can't do as now obviously I have to play a game of chess with the wolves for the rest of the game.

Night 2: I won't say who I protected, but i will say what I saw. I don't want that person to come out and confirm things in any way at all. I saw PlayerX basically steal a handkerchief from Cartman (or maybe it was cartman's room. The PM wasn't very specific about it). PlayerX returned to their room and the light was on all night but no one ever came to visit them. My take on this is that PlayerX is the Good scientist, and I feel that due to this Cartman likely turned up as good (or at least not a wolf).

I've been trying to ride the fine line of not getting lynched for a while, but I in good conscience can not let myself be lynched for the sake of the village, so must reveal earlier than I wanted to. For a while today, I felt the momentum had turned and I could ride things out and not have to reveal. I no longer feel that way. There are 50 minutes left and plenty of you here. So there is plenty of time for you all to save me.

Do NOT vote for me.

This is certainly plausible. I will wait for a bit before deciding what to do. Hopefully Cartman turns up and/or another Van Helsing will reveal before the deadline.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 PM   #673
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is certainly plausible. I will wait for a bit before deciding what to do. Hopefully Cartman turns up and/or another Van Helsing will reveal before the deadline.

Vote Tanglewood
Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 PM   #674
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dammit dammit dammit
Old 07-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #675
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

putting this all together: tangle is not player x I would assume.

So we have

alan=van helsing
cartman=strongly presumed good
player x=presumed good scientist
tangle=not player x
daddytorgo=villager
Old 07-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #676
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanT
The reason I decided to reveal that part was my fear that if someone good did something to me, the lack of my mentioning it might be more suspicious than mentioning it.

This I considered as a possibility but ruled it out because I didn't think it would have been the correct play in this situation. If I had recieved a night PM I would not mention it under any circumstances unless I felt it was necessary. I guess that's just a play style difference.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #677
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Once again, if you people honestly think as a wolf, I would set myself up to try to be scanned and on the line in the first 2 days, you are absolutely out of your mind.

If I was a wolf, I wouldn't have revealed my night 1 PM.
If I was a wolf, I wouldn't have brought that much heat onto myself.
If I was a wolf, I definitly wouldn't be putting myself on the lynch line because of trying to vote for my gut or trying to manipulate the vote at the end of deadline.

I hate to say it, but a smart wolf writes off his own if they come up for a day 2 lynch. There is no way a wolf would go down with the ship to save his own that early in the game.

Today's arguements against me are even more rediculous than yesterday's were so far. The only one that makes any sense to me right now is Jhandley, who wanted to play a wait and see game, and well all I can tell you is if someone scanned me last night, I would have turned up human. I am human right now, and as far as I can tell, I will continue to be human.

I have to admit after reading this vote I really want to believe Alant. why would he have revealed his day one Pm... that makes no sense. He should have known that would get a lot of heat on him. I really do not believe that he is a wolf right now.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #678
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Vote Tanglewood

Hey, it would be much better for the village if someone else turns up and claims to be Van Helsing.

I already said your story is plausable. Unless Cartman contradicts you, which it doesn't look like he will, or another player comes out and contradicts you I won't vote for you tonight.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #679
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
UNVOTE ALAN T
Old 07-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #680
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
At this point, I'm still inclined to go after Barkeep before Alan.

VOTE BARKEEP49

At this point, I am too.... but I still have a lot of reading to do before I vote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #681
cartman
Death Herald

VOTE BARKEEP49
Old 07-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #682
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
daddytorgo=villager

Now how do we know that?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:19 PM   #683
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, it would be much better for the village if someone else turns up and claims to be Van Helsing.

I already said your story is plausable. Unless Cartman contradicts you, which it doesn't look like he will, or another player comes out and contradicts you I won't vote for you tonight.

A little late now that your plan to vote for me forced me to reveal.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #684
cartman
Death Herald

I don't see anything missing, so it is possible that either Alan made it up, or it was replaced before I noticed it missing.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #685
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I agree that it doesn't either. I think Tanglewood just completely missed my point all together, and I would be happy to talk about this after the game more if he wants to.

But playing 20 games with someone means you are more familiar with their play style. I never even inferred playing ability or WW experience in my post. I simply said the only people other than Path who were voting for me hadn't played many games with me and wern't familiar with me.

Yeah, I just was speed reading and missed that you were referring to familiarity with yourself rather than the game. No big deal.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #686
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:

Do NOT vote for me.

I'm calling BS. Smells funny.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #687
path12
Coordinator

VOTE TANGLEWOOD

Back to my first choice.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #688
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Not really a topic for this thread, but on a related note, I would love to hear how hard/easy it is being a wolf when in the same game as a villager Significant other. I'm not sure if any of our couples have had that happen or not, but I would wonder how you would get away with the communications with other wolves without being noticed in RL.

I did that with Goldeneagle in the Superheros game. When I died because of Blade killing me I was so pissed it was so hard for me not to talk to GE about it.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #689
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I have to admit after reading this vote I really want to believe Alant. why would he have revealed his day one Pm... that makes no sense. He should have known that would get a lot of heat on him. I really do not believe that he is a wolf right now.

I love when people post while catching up.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #690
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
A little late now that your plan to vote for me forced me to reveal.

It wasn;t a plan to vote for you. I already stated I would rather vote for either path12 or DaddyTorgo, but if forced to choose between you and Neon Chaos, I woudl vote for you.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #691
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It wasn;t a plan to vote for you. I already stated I would rather vote for either path12 or DaddyTorgo, but if forced to choose between you and Neon Chaos, I woudl vote for you.

ie: you were going to vote for me since neither of them had votes.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #692
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I'm calling BS. Smells funny.

In the absence of a counter are you going to chance it?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #693
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
At this point, I am too.... but I still have a lot of reading to do before I vote
So funny in light of recent events.

So Alan: Did you, or did you not, receive the PM you claimed?

Also, I don't blame you for your reveal, but do think you'd have been spared.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #694
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

strong statement gonzo. Do you have a reason for it? not asking for a reveal or anythingg, but at least let us know if it's "gut" or "due to evidence"
Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #695
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So funny in light of recent events.

So Alan: Did you, or did you not, receive the PM you claimed?

Also, I don't blame you for your reveal, but do think you'd have been spared.

Since I can quote PMs in this game:

Quote:
Chief Rum behaves perfectly ordinary during the day. Your attempts to follow him at night, though, fail when you black out shortly after dinner. You awake in your bed in the morning, with no memory of what happened.

As for being spare.. its funny I'm talking to someone else not in this game on IM about that. The way I figured, I had votes from 5 people, Tanglewood would be #6. Neon wouldn't move, Path and Gonzo were both being stuck in a rutt, and Cartman and Antmeister I didn't see around. Telle said she wasn't going to vote, and I didn't have much more lifeline. I would have preferred having to not have revealed.. but c'est la vie
Old 07-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #696
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
strong statement gonzo. Do you have a reason for it? not asking for a reveal or anythingg, but at least let us know if it's "gut" or "due to evidence"

Gonzo and his brother have been on my case for a while. Not sure whats up with either of them. For now I'm letting it slide, but we'll see.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #697
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so almost like...somebody slipped something into your drink...or else that's a mechanism of "CR is a wolf and that's cronin's way of saying you can't follow a wolf" or something...
Old 07-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #698
path12
Coordinator

The Chief Rum thing really makes me curious.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #699
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Hmm. Someone more familiar with the movie: Doesn't Van Helsing get converted at one point and end up getting killed when he is in Wolf form fighting Dracula?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #700
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:

Gut. He's given us no evidence save the "mysterious player X" jive.