Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2007, 01:53 AM   #651
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think all the estimates are probably in line. I'd think since he was working about 150-200 nights a year, that he'd be making between 1000-1500 per show, and probably 3-4 times that amount per PPV. So something like 500k sounds right within a couple hundred thousand either way sounds plausible anyways.

Although with WCW out of the buisiness, I wonder if salaries have gradually moved downward.

Would WWE's profits have gone up since the demise of WCW, therefore resulting in a salary increase? Or no?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 AM   #652
Flasch186
Coordinator

I heard nothing about the "Vince is Dead" angle last night. Is that storyline officially over?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #653
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I heard nothing about the "Vince is Dead" angle last night. Is that storyline officially over?

I don't have a cite, but I remember hearing that WWE decided to drop the storyline as soon as they heard that Benoit was dead.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 07-03-2007 at 10:11 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #654
clintl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

It couldn't possibly be continued after Vince made an appearance, could it? Unless they made it into a "Vince has turned into a zombie" storyline?

Last edited by clintl : 07-03-2007 at 10:37 AM.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #655
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

here's a trainwreck TV alert I just ran across

http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=25293&p=1
After technical difficulties prevented him from appearing last night, former WWF champion Warrior will discuss the Benoit tragedy tonight on Fox News at 9 PM Eastern on Hannity & Colmes.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #656
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

After technical difficulties prevented him from appearing last night, former WWF champion Warrior will discuss the Benoit tragedy tonight on Fox News at 9 PM Eastern on Hannity & Colmes.

Must See TV
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #657
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Damn... I guess I missed this.

Anyone catch it?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:49 PM   #659
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Looks like Warrior was getting a bit hostile.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #660
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

So, not that it really matters in the big scheme, but anyone heard any speculation as to who the "M.J" and "O.G." referenced in the Astin indictment could be?
Old 07-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #661
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #662
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's sad when Warrior actually makes somewhat sense.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #663
Travis
Pro Rookie

I think I would have really preferred to have seen that interview transpire with all 3 being in the same room. Though I somehow doubt they would have been cutting him off nearly so often if that were the case.

Bonus points if Warrior had paid off the crew to lower a cage halfway through and cue his old theme music.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #665
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
It's amazing that the delusional rabbit trails, the roid rage like hostility and the use of random words he read in the dictionary last week still wasn't enough to derail WARRIOR from making some pretty solid points.

He had me at "parsing".

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #666
Swaggs
Coordinator

Granted I don't regularly watch the Hannity and Colmes Show or know much about the Warrior, but it really seemed like both of the hosts were not paying attention to what he said and trying to force an argument trying to make it seem like he was defending something he was not even talking about. I especially liked when Colmes was trying to "clarify" what Hannity was saying, but said something completely unrelated.

I thought the hosts came off looking like they were disinterested and not paying attention and Warrior, although I don't really agree with him, made pretty good sense.

Last edited by Swaggs : 07-04-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #667
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
So, not that it really matters in the big scheme, but anyone heard any speculation as to who the "M.J" and "O.G." referenced in the Astin indictment could be?

Most are assuming "O.G" is Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio), especially considering he was already mentioned as a part of the CNNSI.com steroid story last year. (And he's also one of the more obvious steroid users in WWE).
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 AM   #668
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Most are assuming "O.G" is Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio), especially considering he was already mentioned as a part of the CNNSI.com steroid story last year. (And he's also one of the more obvious steroid users in WWE).

The only MJ that I could think of (other than the long gone Mike Jones/Virgil/ Vincent) was Mark Jindrak, but he's been gone from there for a good bit too. I mean, Marty Jannetty & Mickie James are both possibilities I suppose but I'm guessing it's probably not them.

But was there anything that indicated the two initialed customers/patients were wrestlers?
edit to add: Well, I guess I found an answer of sorts to my own question. Apparently WAGA-TV in Atlanta is reporting that investigators are exploring the doctor's connection to a number of other wrestlers, trying to match the ring names of wrestler's whose photographs were on Astin's wall to the real names in his patient files.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-05-2007 at 12:34 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:34 AM   #669
Groundhog
Coordinator

Wow, did Warrior just say "artifice"?

He's actually pretty well spoken, even if he has to pause to gather his thoughts for about 20 seconds before speaking.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #670
dime
High School JV

wow.

"...I don't have a stupid button on me that I can push to get stupid."

Last edited by dime : 07-05-2007 at 12:40 AM.
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:52 AM   #672
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Granted I don't regularly watch the Hannity and Colmes Show or know much about the Warrior, but it really seemed like both of the hosts were not paying attention to what he said and trying to force an argument trying to make it seem like he was defending something he was not even talking about. I especially liked when Colmes was trying to "clarify" what Hannity was saying, but said something completely unrelated.

I thought the hosts came off looking like they were disinterested and not paying attention and Warrior, although I don't really agree with him, made pretty good sense.

Yeah, the worst thing about the interviews was that Warrior and the hosts were both talking about the same things, but each going about it on a very different route. A decent host would have been able to notice that and adjust accordingly, but Hannity, or whoever the loudest and most obnoxious one was, was more interested in just talking over the top of Warrior, cutting him off, and making little wise cracks, while reminding me once again that Fox only hires unlikeable fuckwits as hosts.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:16 AM   #673
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Yeah, the worst thing about the interviews was that Warrior and the hosts were both talking about the same things, but each going about it on a very different route. A decent host would have been able to notice that and adjust accordingly, but Hannity, or whoever the loudest and most obnoxious one was, was more interested in just talking over the top of Warrior, cutting him off, and making little wise cracks, while reminding me once again that Fox only hires unlikeable fuckwits as hosts.

Personally, I like the FOX personalities. I'm sure there are as many examples of CNN, MSNBC or whatever personalities not acting just the way I'd like them to.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #674
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Personally, I like the FOX personalities. I'm sure there are as many examples of CNN, MSNBC or whatever personalities not acting just the way I'd like them to.

Well, I don't get those 2 channels over here. Maybe it's just as well.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:54 AM   #675
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Wow, did Warrior just say "artifice"?

He's actually pretty well spoken, even if he has to pause to gather his thoughts for about 20 seconds before speaking.
I think that was the satellite hook up between them.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 AM   #676
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

I don't understand the Hannity thing. I've never watched the show, so please enlighten me.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:23 AM   #677
Schmidty
Coordinator

By the way, I just watched the interview, and the non-alien looking one was a giant cock. Which one is that?
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 AM   #678
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
By the way, I just watched the interview, and the non-alien looking one was a giant cock. Which one is that?

I think that's Hannity.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:00 AM   #680
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hannity is semi-annointed by Fox as the next big conservative talking head ...

While he is considered the heir-apparent to Rush Limbaugh, I don't really think that's a Fox annointment. You're underestimating the influence of his radio show and overestimating the impact of his TV. It's a nice add-on to his overall package but his radio success is still what made/makes him.

Hell, I'm not at all sure that he hasn't already ascending to the radio throne as the number one guy in talk, not with the sort of strength Rush had in his heyday but then again, Rush doesn't have that sort of strength anymore either.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-05-2007 at 11:00 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #681
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

That Warrior interview was just bizarre. He's clearly batshit insane, but he was making some good points. But the interviewers would just jump in and cut him off within a few seconds so they could get their next question in. Is that how all interviews play out on this show?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #682
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is that how all interviews play out on this show?

Pretty much.

I believe it's pretty rare that anybody watches to see the guests on any of the talking head shows (Larry King is probably an exception to that), the hosts just need foils/props to do their thing and that's the purpose of the guests.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #683
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oh, I almost forgot.

Quote:
He's clearly batshit insane

QFT
Old 07-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #684
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Hannity is semi-annointed by Fox as the next big conservative talking head with Colmes as a pathetic, meandering liberal there only for Hannity to pick on. It's a typical display of Fox's "fair and balanced" approach to news.

I must have missed the 18 references they subtlely slipped in to the interview regarding their political leanings.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:19 PM   #685
vex
Grizzled Veteran

That is the worst interview I have possibly ever seen.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #686
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
So apparently "M.J." is Mark Jindrak, and "O.G." is Oscar Gutierrez, aka Rey Mysterio.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:16 PM   #687
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So apparently "M.J." is Mark Jindrak, and "O.G." is Oscar Gutierrez, aka Rey Mysterio.

But didn't TMZ pull that story within an hour or two of originally posting it?
I just kinda figured they were trolling FOFC for ideas last night
Old 07-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #688
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
But didn't TMZ pull that story within an hour or two of originally posting it?
Apparently. Although before they did, all the wrestling sites go to say "Yep, that's what we heard too, but we didn't want to mention it yet".
Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #689
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Marc Mero is making the rounds on the talkshows. Ugh.

JOHNNY B. BADD!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #690
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Marc Mero is making the rounds on the talkshows. Ugh.

I had the misfortune of seeing part of that while I was out having dinner.
Poor guy screwed with his eyebrows for his character for so long that they now look like that permanently. He looked like a transvestite who hadn't finished doing his makeup yet.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #691
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Poor guy screwed with his eyebrows for his character for so long that they now look like that permanently. He looked like a transvestite who hadn't finished doing his makeup yet.

Holy shit! That was exactly what I was thinking. He looks like he should be someone's bitch.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #692
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Holy Crap......I'd rather have a forehead full of gig marks than those Eyebrows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNUJ...elated&search=
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #693
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

I couldn't even watch that. He freaked me out.

Looks like he's had a really bad face lift and maybe a nosejob and some other "work" done.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #694
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

"I'm so pretty I should have been a girl" - Johnny B. Badd
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #695
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

I haven't followed wrestling since I was about 8 years old (is Warrior the same guy that used to be the Ultimate Warrior?), but good him that guy for showing appropriate indignation at Hannity's utter B.S.

(P.S., if you want to see Hannity really get chewed up do a google search for either of Christopher Hitchens two recent appearances)

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #696
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD View Post
I haven't followed wrestling since I was about 8 years old (is Warrior the same guy that used to be the Ultimate Warrior?), but good him that guy for showing appropriate indignation at Hannity's utter B.S.

(P.S., if you want to see Hannity really get chewed up do a google search for either of Christopher Hitchens two recent appearances)

Before you go praising Warrior for his anti-Hannity thing, you might want to learn a little more about the guy. He makes O'Reilly look like a centrist.

He's too conservative for even me.

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/blog/

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:21 PM   #697
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD View Post

This I gotta see. I'm going to take another shot of booze, get my cigs and snacks all ready, and get ready for the show.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #698
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

"Queering don't make the world work!" - Warrior Warrior

(or something to that effect) Classic line.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 07-05-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #699
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
This I gotta see. I'm going to take another shot of booze, get my cigs and snacks all ready, and get ready for the show.

This Hannity/Hitchens stuff is fucking AMAZING. I will now be buying every Hitchens work. He's like a smarter, more focused version of myself.

EDIT: Screw the Hannity one...he's Hannity.....watching all the Hitchens vids on youtube is must-see. This guy is so well-read and intelligent (and I do realize that he can come off that extremely pompous), that I actually feel inspired by this sumbitch.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 07-05-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #700
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
This Hannity/Hitchens stuff is fucking AMAZING. I will now be buying every Hitchens work. He's like a smarter, more focused version of myself.

Watching this Hannity-Hitchens debate is like watching a 25 year old weightlifter beat up on a 4 year old. In particular when it became obvious that, no, Hannity had not read any of the arguments against his belief. If you are going to interview someone it might be a good idea to do some research, though that'd be expecting too much from shock interview jerks like Hannity.

Quote:
EDIT: Screw the Hannity one...he's Hannity.....watching all the Hitchens vids on youtube is must-see. This guy is so well-read and intelligent (and I do realize that he can come off that extremely pompous), that I actually feel inspired by this sumbitch.

I've read a few things from Hitchens and seen him on TV numerous times, and yeah, Hitchens comes off as pompous sometimes, but I love the way he dismisses folks when they start throwing irrational or illogical arguments his way. He was interviewed on Aussie tv after his latest book was released and the show brought on a creationist, and I swear it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The creationist looked like he was about to burst in to tears by the end of it, because Hitchens had made him look like an utter fool.