Hall Of Famer

Jbmagic, you just made me spit soda on my work computer
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #652
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

anyone know of a way to get files on the 360, without the need for a transfer kit - I mean, DAMN it is connected to the network and it is 2006 - is seems like USB-Memory card transfer is pretty archaic.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #653
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
anyone know of a way to get files on the 360, without the need for a transfer kit - I mean, DAMN it is connected to the network and it is 2006 - is seems like USB-Memory card transfer is pretty archaic.
Seems like you should be able to do it if your PC is networked to your xbox.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #654
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Seems like you should be able to do it if your PC is networked to your xbox.

it is, I stream pictures and music to it all the time.

Anyone know how to do this?
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #655
Terps
College Prospect

You can only stream media, not files.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #656
Terps
College Prospect

Playing with the Terps against Air Force right now. Air Force is definitely playing true to life, they've ran the option at least 70% of the time so far.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #657
Icy
Pro Starter

I played my first game in the PS2 in coach mode (just choosing the plays and pre-snaping but letting the players to play themselves), Toledo vs Iowa State and lost it 21-27. It was a really fun and close game until the end and using 8 minutes quarters the stats were correct (maybe 9 minutes is the best option if you think a lot your plays). I found really difficult to run, most of the time the LB's reached my RB before the line of scrimmage. On the other hand i found the passing game a bit too easy, specially at the end of the game when i started to throw deep Hail Mary's for big gains. I'll try in more games but maybe i'll need to lower the QB accuracy sliders as the deep game seems too effective. I'll raise also the penalty sliders as with default i couldn't see any penalty in the whole game.
Great gamming experience so far.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:22 PM   #658
Terps
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
Playing with the Terps against Air Force right now. Air Force is definitely playing true to life, they've ran the option at least 70% of the time so far.

Just finished the 1st half... Air Force has rushed 23 times and passed 4.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #659
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
Just finished the 1st half... Air Force has rushed 23 times and passed 4.

That is awesome.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #660
WVUFAN
College Starter

I'm really amazed at how good the AI is in this game. Running the ball when they get the lead, using clock management, adjusting to a playing style quickly -- the people that did this version did a hell of a job. I can't imagine how good the 360 version looks, because the PS2 one looks very nice.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:33 PM   #661
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Rock on Bearcat! He beat me 28-23 a few minutes ago. I need to practice a little more and then I want a rematch!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #662
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Rock on Bearcat! He beat me 28-23 a few minutes ago. I need to practice a little more and then I want a rematch!

The Bearcats will be waiting to beat Army once again
Old 07-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #663
FBPro
College Starter

I may have to break down and get a PS2 copy anyhow.....son can get me a deal @ work so it won't be full price. Sucks that the PSP edition is crap right now.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #664
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Anyone who wants to play PS2 online, I'll be setting mine up tomorrow. I'm good to game prolly' around 1 AM EST if someone is in on the weekends, or like around 5 PM EST Saturday. We'll see how the week plays out.

Not sure my Username yet, but I'll let people know when I set it up tomorrow.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #665
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
It was a very entertaining game and I think we played very realistically. FWIW, as per our conversation on momentum, I believe it played a factor in the last minute when I needed to stop you but you kept getting 8 yds per rush.

Although that was only my second online game and I played one of them with a boardmember, the other one was very "legit" as well. It didn't seem as if the other guy was cheesing me (although he called the dime defense every defensive play...very strange). Coupling these games with the games I've played on Fight Night Round 3, I'd say that my experiences online thus far have been extremely positive.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #666
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

My day off kinda sucked for games...

I started my Ohio State dynasty on the 360 and played the first game vs Northern Illinois on AA mode. It seems like the secondary is sometimes brain-dead and I gave up two plays over 65 yards and was down 17-0 halfway through the 2nd. What was worse is that I was in the red zone three times and came away with zero points (missed FG & 2 fumbles). I kicked a FG to cut it to 17-3 at the half.

I rocked in the second half, but another fumble costed me an easy score. My D really stepped up and I ended up kicking the winning FG with 2 mins left and I won 20-17!!! This was my first "instant classic" game. Thank God I won, cuz I wasn't playing very well.

But then I exited out of the game and it froze...giving the crappy 360 dirty disc error with the big red X. I have it ventilated but don't have any extra cooling items. I rebooted the game and I got the red X again. I then put in something else and it worked fine. Also, yesterday when I put Chromehounds in, I got the "please put this disc in an Xbox 360 console" message, which I'd never seen. Also, a week ago my game completely froze in the third quarter of NBA 2k6.

Sound like my 360 is going on the fritz eh? Glad I bought the $50 extended warranty from Best Buy cuz I knew this would happen sometime, just not like 3 months after I got it.

Anyway, I'm gonna try and beat N. Illini again on my dynasty. 360 owners can catch me online under the name Kingneb. I may be on Fri. night and Sun.

I'm still shaking my head that the game f'in froze before I had the chance to save it. Argh.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #667
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I just had my second ESPN instant classic. I was Vanderbilt playing at Georgia and was able to hold a 14-0 lead up till with a minute and a half in the 4th quarter when Georgia was able to finally score against me. UGA recovered a onside kick and was able to march down to the 6 yard line with 30 seconds left and my defense was able to maintain and we won 14-7.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #668
Easy Mac

Just posting to get it off 666
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:33 AM   #669
duff88
College Prospect

Just had a frustrating bug on Campus Legend:

My GPA is at 3.9, having been at 4.0 once in the year. I do the final exam, get 100%. Guess what... my GPA dropped to 2.1!

duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:04 AM   #670
CraigSca
Pro Starter

i just got a response back from EA tech support saying that they are waiting to here from development regarding the running problem. They referenced the precedent last year regarding Madden (implying that there might be an exchange of disks) but stopped short of saying if it would happen or when.

Oh well...guess I'll wait around .
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #671
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I saw on Gamespot last night that Microsoft hit the 5million mark with the 360. It said in the article that 60% used Xbox online. Kinda debunking that article a while back on online play. I think it said the online market was predicted to be something like 10% of units.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #672
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am really enjoying this game more than any football game I have played in the past. I am 5-2 as Tulsa in my dynasty, losing to Southern Mississippi and ECU. Both of these games are ESPN Classics for me. ECU beat me 27-24 in OT.

Jeeber, I came through on my promise. I beat UTEP 58-20. They were up 13-0 after the 1st Qtr, but had a bad 2nd Qtr. I returned a fumble and an INT for a TD, scoring 31 points in the Qtr.

I haven't quite figured out recruiting, maybe it is the interface. DOes anyone have any pointers?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #673
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Is it just me or are there more blocked kicks than usual??
biological warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:43 PM   #674
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological warrior

The first FG I ever defended was blocked. I haven't blocked one since in about a dozen tries.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #675
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological warrior
More than the 0 of past years? I would say so.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:40 PM   #676
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FK has the 360 rosters completed now!

Just in time for my weekend of NCAA Football and the start of my USC career
Old 07-21-2006, 06:52 PM   #677
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27

GO USC

Shake that Booty
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:17 PM   #678
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

http://fkrosters.com/forums/index.ph...t=0&#entry6636
Old 07-21-2006, 07:35 PM   #679
dervack
College Prospect

Thanks guys. I kept checking on Tuesday and he didn't have them and was going to head over there after getting caught up here and now I don't have to. Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting to play the dynasty mode and saving some draft classes for the new madden when it comes out.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #680
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Now I need to either go to Best Buy tomorrow to get whatever I need to get these rosters or just use fictional ones.

btw, this game looks unreal on my new monitor... I mean, unreal. I will NEVER go back to the ps2 or xbox again. WOW!

The stadiums are unreal and it really feels like you're playing in a huge football stadium.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-21-2006 at 08:01 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #681
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It really is a beautiful game.

I'm stuck with a dilemma. I can't decide on AA default or Heisman default for my dynasty. With AA, I beat ND 3 times and beat Florida once. Each game was a 1-2 TD win when I was using USC.

When I play Heisman, Arkansas crushed me in my first game. Then, I played a close game with Florida which I lost by 6. Finally, I'm being destroyed by FSU 28-7 at halftime. All of these games are at home for me. This game was close until my HB fumbled one for a TD return and I threw a bad pick for a TD.

Decisions decisions...
Old 07-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #682
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Now I need to either go to Best Buy tomorrow to get whatever I need to get these rosters or just use fictional ones.

btw, this game looks unreal on my new monitor... I mean, unreal. I will NEVER go back to the ps2 or xbox again. WOW!

The stadiums are unreal and it really feels like you're playing in a huge football stadium.

So are you going to use your new monitor for your pc too? Is there some kind of device to switch connections from Pc to xbox 360? Or you going to have to connect and disconnect manually each time?

I have a 19" flat Samsung monitor. Like this one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001063

Will I be able to connect an xbox 360 too it?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:16 PM   #683
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
So are you going to use your new monitor for your pc too? Is there some kind of device to switch connections from Pc to xbox 360? Or you going to have to connect and disconnect manually each time?

I have a 19" flat Samsung monitor. Like this one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001063

Will I be able to connect an xbox 360 too it?

Yes, it does both VERY well. On my monitor there are two connections, VGA and DVI. The pc is connected via DVI and the 360 is connected via VGA cable. All I have to do is hit a button on the side of the monitor to switch between the two.

As far as your monitor goes, looks to me like it would be ok - it supports 1280x1024 and has an 8ms response time.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #684
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It really is a beautiful game.

I'm stuck with a dilemma. I can't decide on AA default or Heisman default for my dynasty. With AA, I beat ND 3 times and beat Florida once. Each game was a 1-2 TD win when I was using USC.

When I play Heisman, Arkansas crushed me in my first game. Then, I played a close game with Florida which I lost by 6. Finally, I'm being destroyed by FSU 28-7 at halftime. All of these games are at home for me. This game was close until my HB fumbled one for a TD return and I threw a bad pick for a TD.

Decisions decisions...

Yeah, on the 360 so far AA has been quite challenging for me. I just can't get over how sweet this game looks!!

I just might start a dynasty with fictional rosters since I only really know Missouri players anyway. You would think there would be an easier way without shelling out more $$$ to get rosters - via download or jumpdrive or something.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #685
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I decided to go with AA to start my dynasty. I changed my mind about posting a dynasty on here, in so far as I'm going to write up a mini-dynasty in which I jot down a few stats, a few notes, and such to help me decide if I should remain on AA as I advance. I love how you can go back to the main screens at any point in the dynasty and not lose your dynasty data (although I still save just in case.)

Edit: Oh yeah, first game of my dynasty I'm up 14-3 at the half over Arkansas at their place. Not too bad, I think AA will be my skill level for a decent amount of time.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-21-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #686
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I decided to go with AA to start my dynasty. I changed my mind about posting a dynasty on here, in so far as I'm going to write up a mini-dynasty in which I jot down a few stats, a few notes, and such to help me decide if I should remain on AA as I advance. I love how you can go back to the main screens at any point in the dynasty and not lose your dynasty data (although I still save just in case.)

Edit: Oh yeah, first game of my dynasty I'm up 14-3 at the half over Arkansas at their place. Not too bad, I think AA will be my skill level for a decent amount of time.

Excellent!! Can't wait to read how you do.

I got a free 1 month gold Live membership, we should play a game sometime. My gamertag is MizzouRah0971.

Happy Gaming!!!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-21-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:26 PM   #687
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cool, I'll play you pretty much anytime this weekend until Sunday evening. My gamertag is Eaglesfan27.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #688
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cool, I'll play you pretty much anytime this weekend until Sunday evening. My gamertag is Eaglesfan27.

Sunday afternoon would really be good for me (or Saturday before 2:00pm).

What penalty sliders are you using?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:09 PM   #689
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Some that I just made up. 100 for holding, 90 for most other things.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #690
dervack
College Prospect

Just finished my first game on AA. Lost 41-7 to NIU as Illinois. I'm pretty sure that was how it's supposed to play out and will continue the dynasty on AA. How many minutes are you guys using?
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:26 PM   #691
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Round two: Army beats the Bearcats 38-35.

Score is tied at 1-1.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 PM   #692
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think 9 mins is ideal, but I like 8 just to shorten games up a tad.

Thanks for the penalty sliders, I'll try those EF!!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-21-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 PM   #693
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm playing my dynasty on AA, default sliders, and 8 min quarters. 9 min quarters are just an eternity to play.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #694
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing 9 minutes in the interest of getting a good number of plays.

AA is kicking my butt now that I've started my dynasty
Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 PM   #695
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Oh how I lovehate this game.

The more things that they get right just makes the things that are still done wrong stand out all the more, and playing 1, 2 or 3 bonertastic games in a row just makes the next abortion-of-fun game so painful.

EA, I know you guys've been making this game since like 1956, but it's legal for more than one player to tackle now.

Can we finally figure out how to make the short passing game easier than the long passing game sometime in this millenium? Maybe make it possible to complete a pass in the middle of the field, since that's where you seem to point 85% of the routes. Defending in there is no joy either, playing coverage as a linebacker feels like someone slipped you a roofie.

Maybe someday we can get something beyond the most freaking rudimentary announcing logic. Christ. Literally years and years of my life spent listening to Lee GOTdamn Corso rambling about someone else's fucking game, because he sure the hell ain't talking about the one I'm playing.

Why in THE HELL is the one feature that consistently gets revamped every year the special teams game? Is that where all the development resources are going? Seriously, think about that. The end result is that I always lose a bunch of close games because I know how to do everything but adjust for THIS YEAR'S HOTT NEW KICKING ENGINE.

And by all means cheat away on my ass, use your crappy catch-up logic and rather than attempting any of that snazzy AI that adjusts to my packages or tendencies, or any of that other fairy-tale crap you've tried to sell me, just read my play but can you do me the common courtesy of not being so OBVIOUS about it.

/end rant. Also, pardon my French. EA football has a truly unnatural effect on me.

I'm actually having a good time with this game! Really! Obviously, I might be coming off one of those, uhh, clusterfuck games I was talking about.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:20 AM   #696
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I just lost my opener against a D 1-AA team! LOL!! 36-34, but I kept forgetting to control the punt returner before the snap and I couldn't fair catch and kept fumbling the ball or else I would have won. Oh well...

I honestly think 15 mins would be perfect since the CPU actually lets the time click all the way down each play - but I don't have the time for that.. too bad in game saves never make it in the game.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:39 AM   #697
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Saw this on the MaddenMania boards:

NCAA Football 07 Patched?
Running game glitch to be fixed soon.
by Jeff Haynes

July 21, 2006 - NCAA Football 07 owners (IGN included) were shocked earlier this week to discover a rather disturbing flaw in the running game. Instead of marking a player as down once he lost forward momentum or was tackled, the game instead marked a back as down at the point of initial contact. This one glitch rendered much of the ground game unusable, as players discovered many of their first down runs cut in half, or even cancelled out entirely. Irate owners of the title took to message boards, posting videos of the glitch, as well as demanding that some action be taken to solve the problem. After confirming this issue in the retail version of the game, IGN contacted EA Sports directly to get an official comment on the situation.

EA Sports did address the issue. A spokeswoman told IGN that "EA is aware of the problem" and will be working on a patch to solve the glitch found in the game. While there is no ETA on when the patch will be available to the public (because it will need to go through rigorous testing), EA Sports said that it is committed to making sure that the problem doesn't crop up again, and is looking into exactly what caused the incorrect yardage marking.

YES!
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 07-22-2006 at 05:39 AM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:10 AM   #698
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Saw this on the MaddenMania boards:

NCAA Football 07 Patched?
Running game glitch to be fixed soon.
by Jeff Haynes

July 21, 2006 - NCAA Football 07 owners (IGN included) were shocked earlier this week to discover a rather disturbing flaw in the running game. Instead of marking a player as down once he lost forward momentum or was tackled, the game instead marked a back as down at the point of initial contact. This one glitch rendered much of the ground game unusable, as players discovered many of their first down runs cut in half, or even cancelled out entirely. Irate owners of the title took to message boards, posting videos of the glitch, as well as demanding that some action be taken to solve the problem. After confirming this issue in the retail version of the game, IGN contacted EA Sports directly to get an official comment on the situation.

EA Sports did address the issue. A spokeswoman told IGN that "EA is aware of the problem" and will be working on a patch to solve the glitch found in the game. While there is no ETA on when the patch will be available to the public (because it will need to go through rigorous testing), EA Sports said that it is committed to making sure that the problem doesn't crop up again, and is looking into exactly what caused the incorrect yardage marking.

YES!

If they need a decent director of QA, I'm available.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:24 AM   #699
Raiders Army
Coordinator

As I was telling Bearcat last night, the one thing that I really like about this year's version is the auto-hurdle. There were so many times that someone got pancaked and he was lying on the ground and I had to manually hurdle him or I'd be tackled by a guy just lying on the ground. It's so much better this way.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #700
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm awake, so either time is good for me.