Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2005, 08:48 PM   #651
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Still looking for a good set of sliders. Playing on AA with sliders slightly set toward the computer I'm dominating as Clemson. I'm 9-1, with only an early season blimish to Miami on my record(my 3rd game ever playing this version.)

My last few games have been wins of:
42-14 over Wake
55-22 over NC State
60-14 over Notre Dame
53-24 over Georgia Tech
73-21 over Duke
44-12 over Florida State

I cannot find a set of sliders that allows the CPU to hold me under 6 ypc, can keep my team off their QB, or allow them to run at all.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #652
bronconick
College Starter

You've really got to push the sliders toward the computer to have the running game slowed or theirs improved. I think I have my run block at 20 and the computer's at 80.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #653
CraigSca
Pro Starter

When schools recruit from certain states, after a while they become "pipeline" states. It should be easier to get a good recruit from these states, because past recruits have gone to your school.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:34 PM   #654
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Historical roster is available for the xbox.

http://fkrosters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=364

FAIRDALE KINGS is working on the 1-AA roster for xbox.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #655
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I'm in my first off-season in dynasty mode with Illinois. I got them to a respectable 8-4 finish with a loss to Kansas in the Alamo Bowl. Go to do recruiting, and I'm stunned. The #1 QB, #1 RB, #1 T, and #1 P all have me as their #1 choice. Now all of those guys are from my pipeline states, but still. So I'm trying to recruit them, but I can only select one type of recruiting method. Visits, phone calls. Or I can send the house. Did they change it so you can only pick one of each? Or am I missing something because everytime I click on another thing it takes my other chocie away.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #656
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
I'm in my first off-season in dynasty mode with Illinois. I got them to a respectable 8-4 finish with a loss to Kansas in the Alamo Bowl. Go to do recruiting, and I'm stunned. The #1 QB, #1 RB, #1 T, and #1 P all have me as their #1 choice. Now all of those guys are from my pipeline states, but still. So I'm trying to recruit them, but I can only select one type of recruiting method. Visits, phone calls. Or I can send the house. Did they change it so you can only pick one of each? Or am I missing something because everytime I click on another thing it takes my other chocie away.

It seems you either have to send the house or just one choice. Makes it more challenging IMO.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:52 PM   #657
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Not that I'm complaining but the #3 recruiting class with UofI pulling in 5 5*, 8 4*, and 4 3* guys is kinda nuts. 8 came from pipeline states, 3 from non-pipeline but bordering states, and the rest from around the country.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:57 AM   #658
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Historical roster is available for the xbox.

http://fkrosters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=364

FAIRDALE KINGS is working on the 1-AA roster for xbox.

You hafta register and I dont feel like register. Is it a memory card you buy?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:59 AM   #659
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
what does pipeline mean?

is there an advantage gettign pipeline recruits?

thanks

Many schools recruit well in other states. IRL, UCLA has a pipeline in Louisana, of all places. Lots of schools have pipelines into Texas and California and Florida
Old 07-19-2005, 07:04 AM   #660
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
You hafta register and I dont feel like register. Is it a memory card you buy?
Get an Action Replay and download the roster (it's a zipped file). Don't unzip it and save it to your Action Replay memory card. Pop it into your Xbox controller. Start up the game. Bam.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:32 AM   #661
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Still looking for a good set of sliders. Playing on AA with sliders slightly set toward the computer I'm dominating as Clemson. I'm 9-1, with only an early season blimish to Miami on my record(my 3rd game ever playing this version.)

I cannot find a set of sliders that allows the CPU to hold me under 6 ypc, can keep my team off their QB, or allow them to run at all.

I have a spreadsheet of AA sliders updated as of yesterday that I copped off of Operation Sports. You can either go over there and poke around or let me know and I'll PM you the spreadsheet.

Note: If you're looking for tougher defense, look for Playmakers sliders or MudTiger's over at OS. If you're looking for a more user friendly bunch, try Jistics.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:03 AM   #662
wade moore
lolzcat

It does not say anywhere, but I think that perhaps the Pipeline has to do with how many players on your roster are from that state, at least that's my perception based on William and Mary, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:06 AM   #663
mhass
High School Varsity

That is the case. States become Pipelines when they have more than 4 or 5 players on your roster. The assumption is that you then have more luck recruiting in those states. I've seen some loose conneciton to interest in my school and Pipeline states but you can still get guys from other states pretty regularly.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:23 AM   #664
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yay - just got my rosters in the mail - a Maryland dynasty starts tonight
how do you know?

Old 07-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #665
Butter
Coordinator

I thought I'd throw in my extremely late and largely ignored 2 cents....

I'm enjoying the EA Trax... but then I like old school alternative music... even when it is edited a bit.

I started up a dynasty game with Ohio State (prior to starting up the traditional Clemson dynasty where my wife offensive play-calls and recruits along with me)... I didn't tweak a single slider, and quite enjoyed myself.

In the first game against Miami (OH), I got burned a couple of times by switching my man at the wrong time leading to big plays, and fell behind 28-7 midway through the 3rd quarter. But toward the end of the quarter, Ted Ginn ran a punt back 58 yards for a TD and got us going. The crowd got into it, the defense made some stops, and our next drive finished with a 34 yard option TD run by Ginn. Then we picked off a pass near midfield, and Santonio Holmes turned a simple out into a 45 yard TD to get us back level with 3 minutes to go.... and we completed the comeback with a 38 yard FG with :33 left, and held Miami down.

Though at the end of that game, I did notice the "hurry up" bug some have talked about... the CPU ran the ball into the line 3 straight plays... it worked the first time, but not the next 2, and they nearly ran the clock out doing so since they were out of timeouts. I just called one of my timeouts to break the cycle... but I shouldn't have to do that. I can understand a draw being called in that situation to get a first down... but the CPU should have the ability to switch plays during the no-huddle. And it seems that they don't.

Next game was vs. Texas... I noticed things came a bit too easy to me on defense in this game, but then I noticed that Vince Young had broken a foot and was out 7 weeks... including this game. The Texas backup didn't do very well, but their defense held them in it. OSU did prevail fairly comfortably by the end, 27-10.

I also won the next two, beating San Diego State by a late FG after giving up a couple of deep balls while packing the box against their monster HB... and winning against an overrated #3 Iowa team.... and I always enjoy the "overrated" chant toward the end of a fairly easy win against a top team.

I think the new package sub button (or whatever it's called) is a very nice addition that hasn't been discussed much so far. It allows me to move my impact players around and try and find them some advantageous matchups. Very helpful in putting Ginn or Holmes in the slot and dragging them across the middle against linebackers in zone coverage. It didn't take me long to make sure I had Ginn in position to run options, reverses, and screens.

Then comes the next thing... the interceptions. I was throwing a lot of them early on... but I think it was just because I was throwing over the middle too much, right into a linebacker or a dropping D-lineman. Troy Smith had 9 INT's in 2 1/2 games... then I brought in Zwick, and his superior accuracy seemed to help keep INT's down, as did my awareness of defenders in the middle of the field. I think the turnovers seem to be pretty well done... the INT's maybe a tad too high, but haven't noticed any fumbling problems as people have been talking about.

Running may be a touch too easy, but sliders can fix that if you want... I think the All-American difficulty running game is done very well. Sliders can also help with the crazy amount of pancake blocks. I think they just changed how the computer counted a pancake block, because last year, there were almost no pancake blocks. Now there are too many. It seems like it is affecting people's offensive linemen thinking they are better than they actually are (i.e. OL's wanting to go pro early, all 5 starters being named to the All-American team, etc.)

I also don't get too hung up about the stats in the game... so I can't speak too much to that point. I have noticed that the actual gameplay on default All-American is about perfect for my level of ability. As I learn some things about the game, I may have to increase the difficulty some, but having played all of the iterations of NCAA Football in the past, I can already say that Heisman will probably be too hard for me.

Other minor bitches.... most of the commentary is 3 years old now. They need to get Corso and Herbstreit to record some new lines... or get some new commentators. Also, my kickers are almost too good. I don't know if it's just that Ohio State has some awesome kickers right now (I don't think they do), or if the All-American default kicking is just too easy. But 50+ yard punts and FG's aren't too difficult. Again, sliders can fix this. Also, the mascot, cheerleader, and fan animations are aging. One of the shirtless fans looks pretty horribly done.... and more school specific cheers and pre-game traditions shouldn't be that hard to add by this point... especially at the expense of something stupid like the "mascot game".

One other thing I've noticed that I hadn't in previous games.... Nessler will call your players by name once their name has been changed. I know they must've done some players' names specifically from current rosters, even though that would technically be "illegal" if referring to a specific current college player. Ohio State had both "Zwick" and "Ginn" referred to by name after I had changed their name from the generic numbers (as did Hawk, Smith, Holmes, and others with more run-of-the-mill last names)... and Zwick is not exactly a common last name.

Overall, this game is a lot better than last year's. I don't play online, just against the CPU, and it plays a fantastic game of football in almost every respect. I feel the momentum shifts. I feel the tingle of a move well made to set a player loose from a 5 yard slant to a 70 yard TD. I also feel the frustration involved when the opponent completes a perfect 20 yard corner route to convert a 3rd and 15.

In short, best NCAA Football ever. But there's always room for improvement.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:30 AM   #666
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Playing my first game of the second season. Brasic went pro (go figure) but my first in-season recruit to commit was a 4* QB who ran a 4.52 with decent passing abilities. Well first game of the season and you can see just how much of a threat he is. Only thing is, he doesn't really throw spirals. Usually little wobbly off-target balls which make passing a little harder. Serves me right for starting a true freshman.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:10 AM   #667
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
It seems you either have to send the house or just one choice. Makes it more challenging IMO.

More challenging, perhaps. However, I don't like it very much. Say I've got 21 recruiting points left and a recruit breakdown looks like this

Coach visit (24 points)
Assistant Coach visit (12 points)
Coach call (6 points)
Assistant Coach Call (3 points)

I have enough points to do the last three. I've got the points, let me use them. However, since you can only choose one, I get to waste 12 points on this guy, 7 points on another guy, and 2 points on some 2 star rated gatorade holder in my home state. Bah.

I liked it better the other way.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #668
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Yay - just got my rosters in the mail - a Maryland dynasty starts tonight

Cool
Old 07-19-2005, 02:05 PM   #669
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
I have a spreadsheet of AA sliders updated as of yesterday that I copped off of Operation Sports. You can either go over there and poke around or let me know and I'll PM you the spreadsheet.

Note: If you're looking for tougher defense, look for Playmakers sliders or MudTiger's over at OS. If you're looking for a more user friendly bunch, try Jistics.

Headed over there and am trying them as we speak[Jistics], although I'm not too hopefull. The last thing the CPU needed was worse run blocking and RB skills, since I'm only giving up 28 yards a game on the ground. Also, the catching ability of 99 seems WAY high. I'm only getting 3-5 drops a game, and I can accept that with run of the mill college WR's. Especially since I don't see more than 1 wide open drop a game. I'll post my impressions after I finish my game.

EDIT: 3-5 drops may sound a little high, but I throw the ball 30+ times a game out of the spread offense.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-19-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #670
Booj
High School JV

Sorry for an ignorant question, but with all of the conference changes, which conferences have championship games? I am having trouble finding a team and I'd rather play a conference championship.

Thanks
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #671
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Headed over there and am trying them as we speak[Jistics], although I'm not too hopefull. The last thing the CPU needed was worse run blocking and RB skills, since I'm only giving up 28 yards a game on the ground. Also, the catching ability of 99 seems WAY high. I'm only getting 3-5 drops a game, and I can accept that with run of the mill college WR's. Especially since I don't see more than 1 wide open drop a game. I'll post my impressions after I finish my game.

EDIT: 3-5 drops may sound a little high, but I throw the ball 30+ times a game out of the spread offense.

It's weird, but if you look at Jistic's and Playmaker's settings they're almost completely opposite, yet i've had decent games with each. Using Jistic's settings, I gave up 200 yards rushing to U Washington's James (I was playing Cal with vanilla defense), so I know the CPU can still run - or else I really suck. Then again, it feels like the slider success depends alot on your team makeup.

EDIT - if you dont' have success with Jistic's, try Playmaker's. His CPU run block and Run ability are 50/65 respectively, and pass catch down at 50. I should note though that even at 99 pass catching for the CPU, I still see drops in the game.

Last edited by moriarty : 07-19-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #672
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booj
Sorry for an ignorant question, but with all of the conference changes, which conferences have championship games? I am having trouble finding a team and I'd rather play a conference championship.

Thanks

IRL, the ACC, Big 12, SEC, MAC, and C-USA have 12 members each so they should have CCGs.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #673
jbmagic
Pro Starter

where is Player Misconduct infomation at?

so i know if i need to suspend them.

thanks
Old 07-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #674
korme
Go Reds

Started a new dynasty, I decided I didn't want to be a team from Ohio, this sounds pathetic but my Cats were starting to take prospects away from OhSt! Devastating.

Anyways, I added Appalacian St to D1A and removed SMU. But, I simmed to the fourth season (so I could have some dec recruits) and I am noticing that EVERY team only has 2 impact players, instead of 3.

WTF??!!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #675
mhass
High School Varsity

Quote:
where is Player Misconduct infomation at?

so i know if i need to suspend them.

thanks

If you need to discipline someone, you'll get a message before you start your next game. Otherwise, the standards are in the Roster section.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #676
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Started a new dynasty, I decided I didn't want to be a team from Ohio, this sounds pathetic but my Cats were starting to take prospects away from OhSt! Devastating.

Anyways, I added Appalacian St to D1A and removed SMU. But, I simmed to the fourth season (so I could have some dec recruits) and I am noticing that EVERY team only has 2 impact players, instead of 3.

WTF??!!

A player can become an impact player midseason based on his performance. It's not strictly based on ratings. I actually think it is a very cool idea
Old 07-19-2005, 05:10 PM   #677
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Jistic's sliders:

Offense (Human Listed First)
QB ACC 99/99
PB 99/65
CAT 99/99
RB ABL 40/40
RUN BLK 0/25
CODE:KaZurtD1

Defense (Human Listed First)
AWR 40/40
KD 0/0
INT 0/0
BRK BLK 50/50
TAK 60/60
CODE: GCTVnSo2

S/T FG Length 35/30
FG Accuracy 45/30
Punt Length 40/45
Punt Accuracy 45/40
KO Length 45/40
CODE:dQKIVUt1

My first thoughts are that passing is way too unbalanced for both sides. Late in the 2nd quarter I actually saw the dreaded, CPU QB falling backwards and on 1 foot, launch a perfect spiral about 50 yards to the WR that is tackled immediately. I still don't understand why the only way to make the CPU passing game effective is to resort to stupid shit like this.

Also, it almost dumbed my RB down too much. He was faster than LB's I was facing, but they were running him down in no time and closing almost too fast. so.......

I restarted the game @ half and adjusted the sliders as following:

QB ACC 99/99
PB 99/65
CAT 99/99
RB ABL 50/40
RUN BLK 10/25

AWR 40/40
KD 0/0
INT 0/0
BRK BLK 50/50
TAK 60/60

S/T FG Length 35/30
FG Accuracy 45/30
Punt Length 40/45
Punt Accuracy 45/40
KO Length 45/40

BTW, at the half of the 1st game both teams had 250+ yards passing and while neither of us could really run the ball worth a damn, though, they were around the 4.5 ypc mark. They just didn't have any reason to run in the shootout that was going on. I on the other hand was around the 1 ypc mark. I'm hoping by upping my running ability it can "force" both us to run the ball more. It should make a more realistic game, and while throwing the ball all over the place is fun, I want a little realism too.

I'm going to leave the passing sliders alone for now, but if anything I will up the knockdown percentages on defense. I'm really digging the time both QB's have, just enough to actually watch the routes develop most of the time, but also get sacked on the occasion.

#7 Clemson (9-1)(me) @ South Carolina (4-6)

Onto the game. A pretty defensive first quarter, ugly stats all around, in the second quarter the offenses begin to find their marks. South Carolina's RB carries the ball 11 times for 49 yards, and then stupidity strikes. They get the ball down inside the 10 with less than 30 seconds left in the half, and quickly run the same sweep left out of the goal line 3 straight times....and lose big yards on it every single time. At the half their HB's numbers don't look good, but that is b/c of their hurry up stupidity. To top all that off, they call a timeout with 0:00 seconds left in the half and don't get to try a field goal.

I use generated names btw.

Halftime Stats:

Score:

Clemson-10
South Carolina-0 (would be 3 if not for their stupid clock management)

Passing:

Clem:
D. Samuel 6-13 106 yds 0 td 1 int

SC:
C. Whitlock 4-10 76 yds 0 td 1 int

My thoughts:

Like I said, I can accept these numbers due to the first quarter being a complete defensive quarter. Both guys heated up in the second quarter. I expect the numbers to work themselves out.

Rushing:

Clem:
Jay Adams 16 carries 65 yards 1 td 2 fumbles

SC:
Kurt Gaither 14 carries 34 yards

My thoughts:

If not for the repeated sweep at the end of the half, Kurt Gaither's numbers would have been alot better. He was close to 50 yards on 11 carries. I can accept both rushing numbers.

Recieving:

Clem:
B. Moore 2 catches 29 yards
J. Adams 1 catch 3 yards
L. Mangum 1 catch 19 yards
J. Green 1 catch 19 yards
K. Lewis 1 catch 36 yards

SC:
J. Fowler 2 catches 30 yards
K. Gaither 1 catch 39 yards
W. Phillips 1 catch 7 yards

My thoughts:

If you can live with the high YPC, and the occasional unstoppable long ball I think these sliders really make you spread the ball around. I'm pretty happy here too.

All in all, I think the little adjustments I made really got these sliders going for myself.

To start the third quarter we really start to put some pressure on the QB, which is a good thing, but I'm not convinced my DT's are that much better than their OG's, so I'm bumping up the CPU pass blocking to 75. And after 2 missed field goals I up their FG Accuarcy to 40. Their kicker is only rated 82, but I expect him to hit 1 out of 2 from between 30 and 40. I've also bumped up their runblocking to 30. I don't think they will be doing much running in the 4th quarter, but they went for negative yards in the 3rd.

I will say this...this game was not the type of game that lends itself to checking out stats. It was an ugly, defensive battle. Both players of the game were on the defensive side. Here are the final numbers....(they aren't pretty)

Final Score:

Clemson 13
South Carolina 7

First Downs:

Clemson 13
South Carolina 9

Total Offense:

Clemson 230
South Carolina 221

Passing:

Clem
D. Samuel 8-20 117 yds 0 td 2 int

SC
C. Whitlock 10-25 1 td 2 int

Rushing:

Clem
J. Adams 32 carries 135 yds 1 td 2 fumbles 4.2 ypc
T. Martin 3 carries 7 yards 2.3 ypc

SC
K. Gaither 20 carries 44 yards

Receiving:

Clem
B. Moore 3 catches 45 yards
J. Adams 2 catches -2 yards
L. Mangum 1 catch 19 yards
J. Green 1 catch 19 yards
K. Lewis 1 catch 36 yards

{4 total dropped passes}

SC
J. Fowler 5 catches 72 yards
K. Gaither 2 catches 52 yards
W. Phillips 2 catches 23 yards 1 TD
A. Kent 1 catch 59 yards

{0 total dropped passes}

My adjusted Sliders:

QB ACC 99/99
PB 99/75
CAT 99/99
RB ABL 50/40
RUN BLK 10/30 ***possibly higher????

AWR 40/40
KD 0/0 ***the book is still out, 1 overly pass happy game, 1 defensive stalemate
INT 0/0
BRK BLK 50/50
TAK 60/60

S/T FG Length 35/30
FG Accuracy 45/40 ***possibly higher???
Punt Length 40/45
Punt Accuracy 45/40
KO Length 45/40
Old 07-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #678
JeeberD
General Manager

Soon. Very, very soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDPlanet e-mail from yesterday
We thought you would like to know...

The item(s) listed below shipped today.

*** Check the status of all your orders 24 hours a day by going to
https://www.dvdplanet.com/myaccount/order_history.asp

BILLING & SHIPPING INFORMATION

DETAILS FOR SHIPPED ITEMS

Order Number: xxxxxx
Shipping Method: 5 - 10 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY
Estimated Arrival date: 7/26/05 - 7/31/05

Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
1 XBX149210 XBOX: NCAA FOOTBALL 2006 $ 34.97

Merchandise Total: $ 34.97
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00
Total for Shipped Items: $ 34.97

Credit Card Type: M
Would you like to know more about us? Visit our FAQ section available 24 hours
a day at www.dvdplanet.com

Thank you again for shopping with us.

dvdplanet.com
http://www.dvdplanet.com

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot
accept incoming e-mail. If you need to get in touch with our customer service
department, send an e-mail to ------> [email protected].

Of course, I just went to my order status page and saw this...

Quote:
Status: Available to Ship Shipped Date: N/A Tracking #: N/A

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:25 PM   #679
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Tonight I am going to work on making some sound sliders for the Special Teams on AA.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #680
mhass
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Of course, I just went to my order status page and saw this...

Not to ruin your day, but no tracking number likely means they shipped it via US mail.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #681
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Sometimes tracking numbers for UPS do not show up until later in the evening....
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:40 PM   #682
JeeberD
General Manager

I got the email yesterday, and it has N/A for Shipped Date even though the e-mail said it shipped yesterday...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:41 PM   #683
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Damn you JeeberD, mine still hasent shipped yet...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:51 PM   #684
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Hey Jeebs, screenshots of NCAA 2007 are out. :P
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:59 PM   #685
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69

In short, best NCAA Football ever. But there's always room for improvement.

Damn you, Butterman! Just when I had convinced myself not to get it!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #686
Galaril
Pro Starter

Anyone know where you can access the games box scores and stats gfor games completed?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:34 PM   #687
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Anyone know where you can access the games box scores and stats gfor games completed?

Unfortunately, you can't. Just an abbreviated box score with the top 3 performers.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:16 PM   #688
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If anyone is wondering I played a second game with those sliders I had posted. It was a 38-34 losing effort in the ACC championship game to Miami. Their running back averaged 6.2 ypc and went for over 150 yards. My running back came up short with just under 4 ypc and a little shy of 80 yards. Both QB's tossed for over 300 yards. Those sliders are very much usable if anyone else wants to try them.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #689
MrBug708
Head Coach

Can you start with totally fictional players and randomness for teams?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:57 PM   #690
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Can you start with totally fictional players and randomness for teams?

I don't think so.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:16 AM   #691
jbmagic
Pro Starter

yes for fictional players. it generates fictional names if you want to all position that are like hb #13, TE #32, etc

but no randomness for teams.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:25 AM   #692
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yes for fictional players. it generates fictional names if you want to all position that are like hb #13, TE #32, etc

Even though they generate random names, the QB for USC is still going to have Matt Leinart's attributes. Every player will have fake names, but the attributes of their real life counterparts.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:52 AM   #693
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

Eh, I didnt mean real players with fake names. I meant fake players you find in FM
Old 07-20-2005, 01:00 AM   #694
korme
Go Reds

Um, if you want to waste some time start messing with ratings like bring Leinart way down and make a Baylor QB frickin sweet.. idk.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:03 AM   #695
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Started my Maryland dynasty last night, and I'm a little disappointed with the offense-fests I've been seeing with my current sliders. Maryland beat Navy, 70-14, Clemson 66-17 and then lost to West Virginia 45-42. My offense is in the Top 5, but my defense gave up a ton of yards passing to Clemson and a ton of yards rushing to West Virginia.

When I gave up a ton of yards to Clemson passing, I was pleased because I wasn't giving up the big play, they just moved the ball up and down the field on me (rather than me giving up the huge play on a fly pattern), but 6 interceptions killed them. West Virginia just could not be stoppped. So...I'm thinking of upping some defensive sliders and possible dumbing down my offense a little bit. I much prefer 27-24 games to 45-42 games - it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth when Maryland struggled offensively last year and when I play they look like Nebraska circa 1982.

What I'm finding is there are huge differences among teams - which is good - but it's also making it difficult to come up with a good set of sliders.
how do you know?

Old 07-20-2005, 07:40 AM   #696
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm having tons of troubles right now, but I'm playing with a IAA team put into the Big East so that is to be expected....

I'm seeing the same thing with huge differences in teams, and I love it... my biggest problem is i'm still very interception prone, but again I think it has more to do with my button mashing than any flaw in the game.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #697
wade moore
lolzcat

oh.. and i hate that ncaa does not have defensive hot routes like madden did last year... limits play calling in some instances... like i played a team that was abusing me with their TE, so I had to make sure I always called plays that had the LBs in man coverage, since I could not swap someone to man up on him...

Quote:
Old 07-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #698
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
If anyone is wondering I played a second game with those sliders I had posted. It was a 38-34 losing effort in the ACC championship game to Miami. Their running back averaged 6.2 ypc and went for over 150 yards. My running back came up short with just under 4 ypc and a little shy of 80 yards. Both QB's tossed for over 300 yards. Those sliders are very much usable if anyone else wants to try them.

I'm definitely intersested. I played 2 halves with Jistic's sliders (Cal - me vs. Washington) and 2 halves with Playmaker's. I played on the road so that i wouldn't get any HFA. I don't have the stats with me, but I'll post them when I get home. But I got crushed with Playmaker's sliders, and had good games with Jistic's so I'm starting there.

Both teams have very good RB's, so my YPC were good with Jistic's. The UW back runs all over me, so I'm not touching those settings. I'm gonna increase my RB ability (as you did slightly) but I'm going to leave my RBlocking at 0 or 5 max. My issue with raising it higher is even at 10 I'm getting ridiculous amount of pancake stats.

I didn't touch the pass settings yet. I'm still getting the timing down of my QB (haven't played in about six months) and UW's QB isn't great, so I'm going to play some more games before tweaking. All in all though, these sliders were good enough for my style/ability that i'm going to start my dynasty with them and tweak them as I go.

Edit, I did dummy down the special teams as it still seems too easy:
FG LNGTH 25 30
FG ACC 25 30
PNT LNGTH 25 45
PNT ACC 25 25
KO LNGTH 25 45

Last edited by moriarty : 07-20-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 AM   #699
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril

If you are looking for box scores for past weeks, I don't think you can. If you are talking about current week games, you get the stats and such if you select 'simulate game'. It brings them up automatically after the individual game is simmed. However, if you do 'simulate week' it only brings up the top three performers that EaglesFan mentioned. Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:53 AM   #700
Butter
Coordinator

Mrs. Butter and I finished our first game with Clemson last night after entering the real names of the Tiger players in... 1st game was a nail biter at home vs. Texas A&M... With 5 minute quarters, we lead 17-3 at halftime thanks to 3 A&M turnovers despite losing the yardage battle 195-80 or something like that.

But in the 2nd half they started taking care of the ball better and using the QB's speed to pop some nice runs. With :54 left, we were down 24-17. Then, we got to the 35 on the KO return thanks to a face mask. First play was a nice up route to the TE as A&M was keeping heavy coverage on the WR's. 25 yards and a first down near the A&M 40 with :44 left. She called a perfect play next... a deep route with the impact WR, and a flood on the other side of the field. We got single coverage on the impact WR thanks to a safety blitz, and he makes his first catch of the game a 42 yard TD pass with :38 left.

In OT, after not being able to run all game, and barely running in the 2nd half, she calls the 2-back shotgun off tackle... After putting the near side WR in motion to move a defender out of the path of the run, the HB's fresh legs showed as he popped off a 25 yard TD run on the 2nd play of OT. We stop A&M on 4 downs with the momentum back in our favor and win an OT thriller 31-24.

Hell of a game, and the only questionable thing I saw the whole game was the safety blitz with :40 to go. But I'll take it. Again, this is all on All-American with no sliders moved. Whitehurst was 12-17 for 165 yards, 2 TD's and 0 INT's. Our RB had a lot of problems moving the ball, but finished with 33 yards on 8 carries... 25 of those on the game-winning run.