Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2005, 09:08 PM   #651
Galaril
Pro Starter

JB,
Thanks for the link. Let me get this correct you just paste the data text file into the datafile directory, right? Thanks again.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:44 AM   #652
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
JB,
Thanks for the link. Let me get this correct you just paste the data text file into the datafile directory, right? Thanks again.

yep

put datafile.txt into your /data folder.

just into the data folder..not into the datafile folder.

Last edited by jbmagic : 04-02-2005 at 12:46 AM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:06 AM   #653
TLK
Pro Starter

Tessie is the Royal Rooters rally cry
Tessie is the tune they always sung

I've been playing this game too much.... time for a break
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #654
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
Tessie is the Royal Rooters rally cry
Tessie is the tune they always sung

I've been playing this game too much.... time for a break

Putting songs with their games works as they intended for me.. I sing almost every song from MVP throughout the day.

I'm finding out true love is blind....

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #655
Galaril
Pro Starter

Bill Harris has released his greta MVP baseball Progression Mod that has helped improve the walksin the game for AI as well a srookie generation and player progression . I got the Version 1 but he has released a version 2 over at MVP.com anyone got this yet?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:18 AM   #656
SackAttack
Head Coach

I'm gettin' close to giving up on ranked Live play.

Gettin' real tired of games that go 16 innings with a combined 10 hits because even when you jump on a mistake, you dribble it off the bat or pop it up.

And then, after 15 or 16 innings of a pitcher's duel, lag starts cropping up, causing you to groove three in a row, and the other guy manages to hit one of them out to end the game on a walk-off.

I've had that happen three times today. I wouldn't mind it so much if both of us were generating offense, but I hate to lose on what is pretty clearly a fluke, the way the rest of the game is going.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #657
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm at the end of my first season, and I'm so excited about the final game of the year. With a record of 93-68, we are currently tied for 1st in the division with the Mets (Their starting pitching held up and Carlos had a monster year) and tied for the Wild Card with the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals were on pace for 100 wins until they lost Pujols for 4 weeks with 2 weeks to go in the regular season. After losing Pujols they have had a 7 game losing streak allowing me to catch them for the wild card. Now, I'm about to play the final game, and hope that either the Mets or Cardinals lose their game. I need to get into the playoffs to make some money and get out of the red.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #658
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

We won our game as Padilla pitched one of his best games of the season striked out Washington players 12 times. Abreu provided most of the offense with a 2 run homer, and Rollins pitched in a solo shot.

The Mets won, but the Cardinals lost. Now, it has us and the Mets playing a playoff game to decide who wins the division and who becomes the wildcard. Is that how it would normally be in MLB?
Old 04-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #659
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Dola -

We won our game as Padilla pitched one of his best games of the season striked out Washington players 12 times. Abreu provided most of the offense with a 2 run homer, and Rollins pitched in a solo shot.

The Mets won, but the Cardinals lost. Now, it has us and the Mets playing a playoff game to decide who wins the division and who becomes the wildcard. Is that how it would normally be in MLB?

Yes, sounds fine to me.

Todd
Old 04-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #660
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola -

I thought that they only played the one game playoff if it meant that one team wasn't in the playoffs. I think there was a situation a few years back in the AL when this happened and they decided it through head to head record instead of a playoff.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #661
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yes, sounds fine to me.

Todd

Cool. I was thinking that the playoff game would not be played if both teams were definitely in the playoffs. Not sure why I was thinking that.

In any case, I'm in the playoffs and still having a blast with this game.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #662
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
I thought that they only played the one game playoff if it meant that one team wasn't in the playoffs. I think there was a situation a few years back in the AL when this happened and they decided it through head to head record instead of a playoff.

That is what I was thinking of as well.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #663
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Burrell broke his hand in the playoff game, and now he will miss the rest of the playoffs. I'm going to have to go with a highly ranked AAA outfielder that I acquired midseason in exchange for Lofton and Polanco. Hopefully, F. Pie is ready to play in the majors.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #664
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

You play the game to determine the division winner - thus the wildcard team goes to play the team with the best record.

Todd
Old 04-09-2005, 09:15 PM   #665
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Found it. In 2000 Oakland and Seattle finished with 91 wins and there was no one game playoff to decide the wild card team, a tie breaker was used instead.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #666
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Major League Baseball Playoff Tiebreaker Info (1999)

When there is a tie for a Division Championship and the breaking of the tie will result in the losing team nonetheless being the Wild Card team, the Division Champion shall be:
a. the team with the better record in head-to-head competition, or in the event the teams have the same record in head-to-head competition,
b. the team with the better record, based on winning percentage in intradivisional competition, or, in the event the two teams have the same intradivisional winning percentages,
c. the team with the better record in League competition over the last 81 games played by each team, or, in the event the two teams have the same records over this period,
d. the team with the better record in League competition over the last 82 games, provided that the 82nd game was not a game between the tied teams.
If necessary, the subparagraph (d.) procedure of adding the immediately preceding game played by each team records shall be continued until such time as one team emerges with a better record and that team shall thereupon be declared the Division Champion and the other team shall be declared the Wild Card team.

See if this fits EF.

Todd

Last edited by MizzouRah : 04-09-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #667
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Major League Baseball Playoff Tiebreaker Info (1999)

When there is a tie for a Division Championship and the breaking of the tie will result in the losing team nonetheless being the Wild Card team, the Division Champion shall be:
a. the team with the better record in head-to-head competition, or in the event the teams have the same record in head-to-head competition,
b. the team with the better record, based on winning percentage in intradivisional competition, or, in the event the two teams have the same intradivisional winning percentages,
c. the team with the better record in League competition over the last 81 games played by each team, or, in the event the two teams have the same records over this period,
d. the team with the better record in League competition over the last 82 games, provided that the 82nd game was not a game between the tied teams.
If necessary, the subparagraph (d.) procedure of adding the immediately preceding game played by each team records shall be continued until such time as one team emerges with a better record and that team shall thereupon be declared the Division Champion and the other team shall be declared the Wild Card team.

See if this fits EF.

Todd

I loaded up the schedule, and I see that we split the head to head series vs the Mets.

I'm not sure about B.

As far as C, the Mets were 6 games ahead of me going into the second half of the season, therefore, I'm sure that I did better in the last 81 league games than they did.

So, it would seem that a playoff shouldn't have been necessary. In any case, I won the playoff and ended up facing off against the Padres in the 1st round.

Does Jake Peavy really have a wierd windup in which he almost double pumps? He does in the game, and it was very distracting. He also has some nasty stuff in the game. I was so glad when he left and Trevor Hoffman came on in the 9th. Thome hit a 2 out solo shot off Hoffman for the game winning run

Oh yeah, F. Pie is Felix Pie. He was a top 100 rated player in the minors. I played him in left field tonight. He didn't hit at all, but he climbed the wall and saved a homer, which was huge in a 1-0 win. Now, I know I will at least get 2 home games in this series.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #668
Logan
Head Coach

Personally, in a video game, I'd rather see the tiebreaker game than the scenarios listed above.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:01 AM   #669
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Way to go EF!!

I'm 48-32 with 6 games left until the All Star break. Pittsburgh is on my heels at 45-36.

I've been using these sliders as of late and like the results thus far.. they seem a bit extreme, but so far so good. Low scoring games were getting a tad regular, so these provide some offense and definite ratings differences in the field and on base. I haven't had to scratch my head on a play yet and I'm seeing many new hits and harder hit balls for some reason.

All outfielders speed (-15)
All infielders speed (-15)
All runners (+15)
Foul balls (+15)

This also seems to remedy the infielders who run out and catch pop flies in the OF. I've only seen one so far and there was a slow RF who wouldn't have made it to the ball.

Todd
Old 04-10-2005, 04:51 AM   #670
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Way to go EF!!

I'm 48-32 with 6 games left until the All Star break. Pittsburgh is on my heels at 45-36.

I've been using these sliders as of late and like the results thus far.. they seem a bit extreme, but so far so good. Low scoring games were getting a tad regular, so these provide some offense and definite ratings differences in the field and on base. I haven't had to scratch my head on a play yet and I'm seeing many new hits and harder hit balls for some reason.

All runners (+15)
Foul balls (+15)

This also seems to remedy the infielders who run out and catch pop flies in the OF. I've only seen one so far and there was a slow RF who wouldn't have made it to the ball.

Todd

thanks for the tip. i hated when i see infielders run so deep to the outfield to make a play.

i remember you saying -5 for outfield speed and -3 for infield speed was good before.

but glad -15 for infielder speed and outfielder speed is better.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:52 AM   #671
jbmagic
Pro Starter

eaglefan

congradulations on your season.

you play every game out so far during the season and playoffs?
Old 04-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #672
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Way to go EF!!

All runners (+15)
Foul balls (+15)

Todd

Thanks. Those are very interesting sliders. I'm fairly happy with the negative 5 across the board at this point. Most of my guys hit about what I would expect for an average (except for Lieberthal who has been horrible.)

As far as the scores in my games, since I switched to negative 5 for both infielders and outfielders, most of my games have about 4 to 5 runs for each side. The exception is when I'm facing a top pitcher or I have Padilla or Wolf on the mound. I can usually dominate with either of them. However, the way I pitch is very different for them.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #673
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
eaglefan

congradulations on your season.

you play every game out so far during the season and playoffs?

I played half of them, and I used the "manage" mode in the other half of the regular season games.

I'm playing out every game of the playoffs.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #674
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Gee, I must be the only one stinking it up. My Cardinals have the worst record in the National League (something like 22-40). Strangely, the offense has been up since I traded for Ray Durham, though. I know I mentioned this before, but I really love how you can sometimes get a home run out of anybody in your lineup. I had a game just the other night in which I had back-to-back-to-back home runs. Now, it'd make sense if Pujols or Rolen or Edmonds had been involved, but check out the three guys who hit the homers:

Reggie Sanders
Mark Grudzielanek
Yadier Molina

I believe it was only the second homer of the season for each of the guys. If this thing happened all the time, it would annoy me, but it's good to see that it's capable of happening even once. Very cool.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 04-10-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #675
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The CPU is very good at trading. I've been trying to unload Sanders, Cedeno, Simontachi, and/or Eldred and no team wants anything to do them any of those players.. not even for the worst A ball player.

Todd
Old 04-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #676
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The CPU is very good at trading. I've been trying to unload Sanders, Cedeno, Simontachi, and/or Eldred and no team wants anything to do them any of those players.. not even for the worst A ball player.

Todd

Awesome!

I had to give up a lot in Polanco and Lofton to get a good prospect as well. However, Felix is quite the prospect. He just had a single in the 15th inning for me, stole second, went to third on a ground ball to the right, and finally scored the game winning run on a long sacrifice fly.

However, this game went 15 innings and during the game I saw Offerman run out to mid centerfield. I also saw Klesko and Giles make gold glove type plays in the gaps. I'm not quite ready to go to -15 yet, but I do think I'm going to try -10 since you haven't had any big problems with -15.

As far as the plus 15 on foul balls, what does that do? (I know that is probably obvious, but I'm not sure.)
Old 04-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #677
SackAttack
Head Coach

Got my first triple play today. It was pretty hilarious. I played three games with a guy who chose the Cubs, and in the second game, he had runners on 1st/2nd with nobody out. He hit a sharp grounder to Choi at first, who threw the ball down to 2nd to get the runner.

The runner took out Izturis with a slide, and the runner who had been on 2nd turned the corner and headed for home. Izturis got up, threw the ball home, and Ross held onto the ball as the runner tried to railroad him, for the second out. While Ross was recovering from the collision, the runner on first took off for second. Ross stood up, threw a strike down to 2nd, and the runner was out by about three feet.

Most hilarious thing I've ever seen, and really, it seemed like the kind of thing I would do. So glad to be on the other end of that, even though I lost the game.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #678
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My first game with -10 for fielders and +10 for runners was surprisingly low scoring. Somehow, I thought it was going to become a scoring fest, but Padilla held the opposition to 1 run and 5 hits through 8. Wagner pitched a perfect 9th. I only scored 2 against Darrell May although I did have 10 scattered hits. I liked that Thome blooped two hits in front of Giles because he was playing so deep. I think before the switch, he would have miraculously caught them.

Interesting part of playing owner mode was that I was a little sad to sweep the Padres. We really could have used that money that a 2nd home game would have generated

Oh well, time to wait and see who our opponent in the NLCS is.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #679
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i got triple-played the other day too. Bases loaded, nobody out (obviously). Hit a hard grounder right down the line at 3rd. 3rd baseman grabbed it as he crossed the bag (out #1) and then fired to second (out #2) and then they completed it by getting me by a hair at first. Pissed me the hell off, but it was awesome to see!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:21 PM   #680
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i got triple-played the other day too. Bases loaded, nobody out (obviously). Hit a hard grounder right down the line at 3rd. 3rd baseman grabbed it as he crossed the bag (out #1) and then fired to second (out #2) and then they completed it by getting me by a hair at first. Pissed me the hell off, but it was awesome to see!

Sounds like Padres manager Bruce Bochy after Kerry Robinson bounced into a triple play last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Bochy
"You're thinking he's a good guy to stay out of the double play. Well, we did that."
Old 04-10-2005, 11:18 PM   #681
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm at the All Star break and although I think big parks will yield the occassional triple, the (-15) sliders seem fine so far. Had the CPU in my first run down ever.. it was quite fun. I'm seeing more hits down the line and into the gaps. Scoring has been normal.

On the foul ball slider, I think it's supposed to generate more foul balls.. but my hope is: more pitch count, more hit variety, and harder hit balls... the latter two seem to be working, not sure about the pitch counts yet because the number of foul balls seem just a tad over the default.

Todd
Old 04-11-2005, 12:56 AM   #682
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm at the All Star break and although I think big parks will yield the occassional triple, the (-15) sliders seem fine so far. Had the CPU in my first run down ever.. it was quite fun. I'm seeing more hits down the line and into the gaps. Scoring has been normal.

On the foul ball slider, I think it's supposed to generate more foul balls.. but my hope is: more pitch count, more hit variety, and harder hit balls... the latter two seem to be working, not sure about the pitch counts yet because the number of foul balls seem just a tad over the default.

Todd
I'm glad you mentioned your sliders. It was the impetus for me examining my own games a bit more, and I'm so glad I switched to -10 on the fielders and plus 10 on the runners. I'm having some great games. I'm up 2-1 on the Astros in the NLCS and I'm seeing some great hits, great drives into the gaps. Felix Pie who is really amazingly fast got an infield single which I've almost never had. He hit a weak dribbler down the third base line, and just beat out the throw. Rollins is my only other player to ever have an infield single.

I'm seeing a lot more variety in shots over the infielders head that drop in front of the outfielders. Also, I saw for the first time ever where Jason Michaels didn't cut off a ball and it bounced past him. I'm also seeing more errors because guys are getting to the ball a second too late to make it a comfortable play. I'm not seeing insane amounts of errors, just more realistic. I've never played a string of 5 consecutive games of MVP and wanted to keep playing. I do tonight

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-11-2005 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #683
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned your sliders. It was the impetus for me examining my own games a bit more, and I'm so glad I switched to -10 on the fielders and plus 10 on the runners. I'm having some great games. I'm up 2-1 on the Astros in the NLCS and I'm seeing some great hits, great drives into the gaps. Felix Pie who is really amazingly fast got an infield single which I've almost never had. He hit a weak dribbler down the third base line, and just beat out the throw. Rollins is my only other player to ever have an infield single.

I'm seeing a lot more variety in shots over the infielders head that drop in front of the outfielders. Also, I saw for the first time ever where Jason Michaels didn't cut off a ball and it bounced past him. I'm also seeing more errors because guys are getting to the ball a second too late to make it a comfortable play. I'm not seeing insane amounts of errors, just more realistic. I've never played a string of 5 consecutive games of MVP and wanted to keep playing. I do tonight

I feel the same way with the (15, -15) tweaks. I've seen some really neat errors, and plays with those thus far.

Todd
Old 04-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #684
Bo Jackson's Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Could someone post the latest 'consensus' settings that you all seem to be liking now? I.E. the +15, -15 etc. It gets kind of confusing scrolling backward through the posts, with the timestamp bug etc.
Bo Jackson's Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #685
maximus
Banned

Does MLB 2005 have a Homerun Derby option?
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #686
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Does MLB 2005 have a Homerun Derby option?

Yes.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #687
jbmagic
Pro Starter

MizzouRah and Eaglefan

can you guys post your latest sliders and level you play on. also what view you use for hitting and pitching? and what pitch aids you have on and off.

thanks
Old 04-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #688
maximus
Banned

Ahh, I just realized that MLB is a console game.

I need a PC baseball game that supports a homerun derby.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #689
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
MizzouRah and Eaglefan

can you guys post your latest sliders and level you play on. also what view you use for hitting and pitching? and what pitch aids you have on and off.

thanks

I'm currently using -10 for all fieders speed and plus 10 for all base runners speed. I'm strongly considering going to -12 for all fielders and plus 12 for all baserunners when I start my next season (currently tied 3-3 in the NLCS against the Astros.)

I use the 6/1 view, I leave hot/cold zones on (I think my catcher and I would know where the guy likes the ball), I have the pitching cursor off, vibration off, strike zone is on (it helps me hit.)

I use assisted fielding in which I just pick what base to throw it to and how hard to throw it. With the -10 sliders for fielders, I find that fielding ratings really matter. In fact, I have had to use Felix Pie in left field due to an injury to Burrell, and he is so fast and playing left field so well (he is a natural centerfielder) that I'll probably start him next year in centerfield. Because of these settings, a fielders range and speed really matter. Before I started using any sliders, Burrell and other relative slow left fielders were getting to too many balls in the gaps and down the lines. Pie is a very light hitter, but he is a left handed hitter who gets down the line very fast and I'm starting to get the occasional infield hit with him (realisticly on weak hit balls and one on a ball that bounced very high off the dirt in front of the mound) so I'm really excited to see what he can do in a full season. He is a base stealing machine too.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #690
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jackson's Hip
Could someone post the latest 'consensus' settings that you all seem to be liking now? I.E. the +15, -15 etc. It gets kind of confusing scrolling backward through the posts, with the timestamp bug etc.

I'm not sure that there is a consensus. However, I'm slowly creeping more towards Todd's -15 for all fielder speed and plus 15 for all baserunner speed. I might end up settling at either 12 or 10 for those settings though. I'm sure all people on here have other opinions.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #691
jbmagic
Pro Starter

eaglefan

thanks.

you playing on pro or all star?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:55 PM   #692
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

All star.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #693
Philliesfan980
Banned

Hey guys, just joining the thread

Just picked up the game for PC the other day (Its getting close to the end of tax season, so I might be able to start playing soon).

From what I've heard , is this really going to be EA's last year for an MLB game. Seems like such a shame, because from what I've read here, this game is the best graphical game to date (including High Heat). What has everyone else heard about this? If so , it will be sort of bitter sweet playing such a great game knowing that we won't have another next year.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:23 PM   #694
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Hey guys, just joining the thread

Just picked up the game for PC the other day (Its getting close to the end of tax season, so I might be able to start playing soon).

From what I've heard , is this really going to be EA's last year for an MLB game. Seems like such a shame, because from what I've read here, this game is the best graphical game to date (including High Heat). What has everyone else heard about this? If so , it will be sort of bitter sweet playing such a great game knowing that we won't have another next year.

From everything I've heard, Take Two or VC has exclusivity for Baseball for the next several years, and therefore it will be impossible for EA to release a new Major League Baseball game next year unless they want to go the all fictional route.

I agree that it is a shame, however, this game is so good that I could see myself playing it for two or three years.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #695
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Me too. This just might be my baseball game for the next few years.

My settings: All Star

All fielders speed (INF and OF): (-15)
Baserunning: (+15)
Foul Balls: (+15)

I switch with the 6/1 & 6/4 views depending on who's pitching. I have all aids turned off except for the pitching cursor which is set to fade.

I also use assissted fielding, so I'm not sure if the (-15) fielder speeds will be beneficial to you manual folks. (In fact, a setting of (-5) might be better for manual fielding.)

That's all I can think of right now at work. Tonight is the all star game and I think I'm going to either play as the NL team or just watch the game like a televised game. (both teams to CPU controlled)

Todd
Old 04-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #696
Philliesfan980
Banned

I think you guys are all still in your first season, but how is progression? Also how is fatigue among positional players and pitchers?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #697
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
I think you guys are all still in your first season, but how is progression? Also how is fatigue among positional players and pitchers?

I'm still in my first season, but people at Operation Sports and other places have reported progression works well in this version.

I think fatigue among positional players works great on default. You can have a guy play all 162 games, but he is going to get down to 75% or so at various points of the year. Personally, unless it is one of my stars I rest guys a game when they get down to 80%. Catchers get tired MUCH more quickly than any other position player, and using that 80% guideline, I had to rest Lieberthal about 25-30 games throughout the year.

Pitcher fatigue is a little bit low. Pitchers recover too quickly between starts and relievers recover too quickly between appearances. This can be fixed with sliders, but it has never been bad enough to bother me. I use a little house rule, and don't start guys out of order unless our team had a day off since the player's last start. The CPU seems to usually use a full 5 man rotation, and there are no pitchers getting ridiculous numbers of starts.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:30 PM   #698
rexallllsc
Banned

Hey I'm gonna go buy this right now. Can anyone link me or tell me some solid sliders to start with? Any tips? Thanks
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #699
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just had an awesome game 7. Minutemaid park is really small, and Houston jumped on Padilla early with solo shots from Biggio and Bagwell. However, Rollins squeaked one over the wall to cut it to 2-1. Had a great pitchers duel between Padilla and Oswalt until Padilla fell apart in the 6th and gave up a quick hit, homer, and then a second homer. That put us down 5-1. Fortunately, I scored two off Oswalt in the 8th as Pie hit a bloop single, stole second, advanced to third on a grounder by Lieberthal, and than Ryan Howard my pinch hitter hit a homer to bring them both in.

However, Rollins and Offerman both hit into ground ball outs and that left me down 5-3 going into the 9th. Lidge had owned me all series, and I thought I was done. He quickly struck out Abreu and Thome. Then, Michaels stepped up and hit a liner over that short left field wall that had victimized me all game. Great, now we are down 5-4, but I didn't think I'd get another run against Lidge. Bell steps up, I swing at the first pitch, and it goes down the left field line, and it hit the flag pole! Homerun. 5-5 tie.

In the bottom of the 9th, Brett Myers struck out the first two batters, but he gave up a solo homer to Brad Ausmus to that freaking short left field porch and the Astros beat me 6-5 to win the NLCS in 7 games.

The good news is that the playoffs generated over 5 million in revenue, and put me over 4 million in the black. This means that I will have enough money to add some seats to the stadium

Now, the Astros get to face the Red Sox in the World Series since they swept the Yankees 4-0.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-11-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #700
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I didn't like being the victim of it, but the NLCS celebration on the field was nicely done.