Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2005, 09:00 PM   #651
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Cheating: http://www.sigmamusic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14887
Old 04-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #652
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the cheating makes me pretty ill. Especially since it was the top bands.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:30 PM   #653
Desnudo
Coordinator

That is really weak.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:37 PM   #654
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Delete the accounts, for real, already. 115 days scheduled in a month.....maaaaaan thats shady.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:37 PM   #655
stevew
Hall Of Famer

-dola
No wonder the game kept breaking.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:40 PM   #656
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Weak Sauce
Old 04-26-2005, 11:05 PM   #657
Swaggs
Coordinator

Kick 'em to the curb.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #658
Calis
College Starter

Ahh I wondered, I looked at Heaven the group when the Mavapoolaza card was announced, and was shocked how many frigging releases they've had, and I remembered seeeing a couple bands with all maxxed out skills real early in the game also.

Sucks that people have to do that, especially in a game like this. I can understand why in some cases.

Of course I've been doing the opposite lately, completely forgetting to book ANYTHING.

Does it even count as rest if we don't schedule? Be nice if we could set some sorta default schedule in case we forget or something.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:26 PM   #659
Swaggs
Coordinator

It sucks that Elitists Records has been working to be the #1 label and the one label in front of us has 15 million bogus sales. The one group released 4 full albums (so 32 songs) in a 13 month period.

I hope Doug deletes the groups altogether. This is some HornsManiac-style cheating.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:28 PM   #660
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, Elitists is the best, for shizzle.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:50 AM   #661
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm not playing anymore. To me, to have the game dominated by cheaters, and then apparently having a lot of people who knew you could cheat and didnothing about it, means that the game is fucked. Too bad, cause it was kind of fun for a minute. Maybe will be back for MM4, or if there is a reset. Nice game doug, but this version is ruined for me.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:54 AM   #662
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I was wondering how Vils was able to release 3 albums in time to get all 3 of them for Album of the Year.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:18 AM   #663
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Dude, that's just stupid. It's not that hard to get up to 100/100. Heck, my guys are in the 80's or 90's and I spend most of the game touring so my popularity stays in the 90s. It's not that hard of a game to get good in, provided you're persistent- these guys must be total jerks. It's like cheating to get extra training weeks in hattie when the top level of players is excellent and you start with a team of passables.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-27-2005 at 02:19 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:35 AM   #664
Swaggs
Coordinator

Hopefully, you all will voice your displeasure on the messageboard there.

Maybe not everyone that cheated got caught, but letting the people that did get caught go, after saying he would delete their accounts, really irks me.

I like the game, but the fun is in measuring your successes versus others, whether sales/money/awards/etc. Playing while knowing that some of the clowns that I am trying to compete with cheated pretty much disgusts me.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:09 AM   #665
Castlerock
High School Varsity

If these bands are not deleted, I will quit this game.
Why have they not been deleted?
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:23 AM   #666
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Dude, that's just stupid. It's not that hard to get up to 100/100. Heck, my guys are in the 80's or 90's and I spend most of the game touring so my popularity stays in the 90s. It's not that hard of a game to get good in, provided you're persistent- these guys must be total jerks. It's like cheating to get extra training weeks in hattie when the top level of players is excellent and you start with a team of passables.

SI

My guys are studs too dude, but its broken for me now. To know that no matter how hard i worked on my label, that i would still have to overcome people that had obviously cheated to get to the top.....no way.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #667
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What the? I haven't been reading this thread, but ironic that I find my label leader as one of the cheats.

I was signed to FW Entertainment since they offered me a contract. I received a notice from them asking for a new contract (and I still had 4 albums left!). I told him no way, since he's making a buttload of money off me. $500 per record and he's making like $750,000. What a jerk. Now I know why he offered me a new contract when I had 4 albums left. I thought that was fishy.

Yeah, this really sucks.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #668
Klinglerware
College Starter

Yeah, pretty weak. It's a freakin' free game, do people really want to win so badly that they'll stay up in the wee hours to generate more fake money and record sales? Geez, if you cheat or not, in the end it's just a game--the record sales don't exist.

By the way, did anybody notice that tour dates look like they were double counted in last night's update?
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:22 AM   #669
stevew
Hall Of Famer

RA, Just make a new character. In the meantime you will screw over the FW bastard by taking up a spot on his label. Of if you gotta record, just release 1 copy of each album.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #670
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
RA, Just make a new character. In the meantime you will screw over the FW bastard by taking up a spot on his label. Of if you gotta record, just release 1 copy of each album.
Great idea. I'll probably do that, but I really like Glam Gams.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #671
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Hopefully, you all will voice your displeasure on the messageboard there.

Maybe not everyone that cheated got caught, but letting the people that did get caught go, after saying he would delete their accounts, really irks me.

I like the game, but the fun is in measuring your successes versus others, whether sales/money/awards/etc. Playing while knowing that some of the clowns that I am trying to compete with cheated pretty much disgusts me.
After reading the forum over there, it looks like nothing is going to be done.
[Originally Posted by musicmaven] "like lime said - it was hardly cheating - just select the maximum number of days and ignore the red text warning. done. so it's hard for me to penalize anyone. its a glaring mistake i should have caught."

It was not cheating? Huh?

That's too bad. It was fun but the cheaters will still be playing tomorrow (with their inflated stats) while this non-cheater is walking away.

Last edited by Castlerock : 04-27-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #672
Swaggs
Coordinator

RA, since it seems like it is okay to exploit the bugs, there appears to be some way to release singles/records without all (any?) content on them.

From Doug's Master Bug List:
Recording
6. Game lets you release an album or single with less than the 8 or 2 tracks. Fix gui to prevent this situation from happening.

I'm not sure how you do it, but I have seen it. Try messing around with recordings and see. There is someway to release records without using up songs, so if you do that with your albums, you should be able to fulfil your contract w/o deleting the band or wasting all your songs.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:29 PM   #673
Swaggs
Coordinator

What do you guys think about the logic of "If I can't identify everyone who was cheating, I shouldn't punish those who I know cheated?"

That really burns me up for some reason. Someone smarter than me needs to argue that logic because it just seems so wrong. The best I can do is equate it to a teacher who knows some of his students are cheating. Is it okay for him to let the cheaters go and keep their (higher) grade, because there might be others cheating, as well?
Old 04-27-2005, 01:29 PM   #674
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I disbanded my label and im done. Hopefully someone will make a similar game where you cannot cheat, and if you do, you actually get punished. Pisspoor.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:33 PM   #675
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
What do you guys think about the logic of "If I can't identify everyone who was cheating, I shouldn't punish those who I know cheated?"
It is either:

a. really stupid
b. really wimpy
c. both

I vote for "c."

Quote:
That really burns me up for some reason. Someone smarter than me needs to argue that logic because it just seems so wrong. The best I can do is equate it to a teacher who knows some of his students are cheating. Is it okay for him to let the cheaters go and keep their (higher) grade, because there might be others cheating, as well?
Yup. Someone over at the Maven boards posted something along the lines of "If you know that five guys were involved in a robbery, and you only catch two of them, do you decide not to punish the two you got because it wouldn't be fair?"

Really, really bad decision. Just awful.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #676
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock
After reading the forum over there, it looks like nothing is going to be done.
"like lime said - it was hardly cheating - just select the maximum number of days and ignore the red text warning. done. so it's hard for me to penalize anyone. its a glaring mistake i should have caught."
It was not cheating? Huh?

That's too bad. It was fun but the cheaters will still be playing tomorrow (with their inflated stats) while this non-cheater is walking away.

Exploit = Cheat
Old 04-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #677
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
And another thing, what's to stop me from cheating today? It would be my first offense, so what would you do about it? Would you lump me in with the "harmless" one-time offense bands or the big cheaters? I guess nothing would be done about it, so as long as I don't cheat too much, I'll be okay.

Response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaven
it all depends on what was done and how much i dislike you

Old 04-27-2005, 02:40 PM   #678
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Anyone got any ideas for "going out in a blaze of glory"? I have a ton of cash available.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #679
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

It's funny how people are jumping over a cliff on this but missed my post about the "karma code" in the game that will take care of cheaters. Bottom line, they are being dealt with in the code, but i think it's much better to deal with this subtlely than to go all public. People just have to trust that this is being taken care of in the code, and that the cheaters are getting their jsut reward...

I'd suggest not deleting bands/labels just yet and wait to see the plight of any band that cheated. Trust me, this is much more sinister.

but....shhh!
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:29 PM   #680
Ben E Lou

I saw the "karma code" post, but you made it in such a way that I (and others, I'm sure) took it as a joke. I had no idea that you were serious about it. That's good to hear, then.

--Ben
Old 04-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #681
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I saw the "karma code" post, but you made it in such a way that I (and others, I'm sure) took it as a joke. I had no idea that you were serious about it. That's good to hear, then.

--Ben

yes intentionally vague. if bands know they're being slowly poisoned, they'll just disband and start a new one. that's no punishment...
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:49 PM   #682
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
I'd suggest not deleting bands/labels just yet and wait to see the plight of any band that cheated. Trust me, this is much more sinister.
As long as this is dealt with, I'll continue to play. I have not thrown my band off the cliff yet.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #683
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I never will understand why people feel the need to cheat to win.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #684
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Question...are people who run labels actually transfering money from the label to their bands?

I haven't, but I was curious after reading one of the earlier posts.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #685
Desnudo
Coordinator

karma code?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #686
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Question...are people who run labels actually transfering money from the label to their bands?

I haven't, but I was curious after reading one of the earlier posts.

I do from time to time, but my label only has 3 bands, two of which are mine, and those two give my label >90% of its money.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #687
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
karma code?

Boy George?
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #688
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Maybe the karma code is why squeaky clean Fascist Eagle is having higher than normal popularity these days

Some Front Office Records business (S.T.A.T., you have a new offer): We've got 20 bands and some just aren't doing a thing. Is there any way some of the following could delete their band so I can spend some of our cash and spots on FOFC'ers who want it? (If I'm incorrect and you are active- then tell me, too- I'm just going off of stats): Goldeneye, Gorettos, Strutter(?), The Eunuch Calm, and The Klein Bottles (was one of the biggest bands and just stopped).

SI

Old 04-27-2005, 05:46 PM   #689
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm glad to see the "karma code," although after they suffer for a few sessions, I'd like to see the cheaters deleted altogether and told to kindly eat a large plate of STFU. It is obvious that the loudest of them (Lime aka VilS SluM) is not remorseful, at all.

This kind of stuff reminds me of the whole Horns Maniac/RWBL crap. A handful of people screwing up the data and results of a large group of people who have invested time to create a fun, alternate universe to play in, so that they can get a hard on from being the best. Really pisses me off.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #690
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Two bands on the label got deleted (yay) so Koda has an offer. Anyone out there who used to be on the label and isn't any more or anyone new who wants to be in Front Office Records?

SI

Old 04-28-2005, 05:00 PM   #691
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

The Vampires of Doom have finally made the top 10 with their album Stories from Hell...W00t!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:20 AM   #692
Ben E Lou

Too Bad Bruthaz not only made their feelings known about the cheating scandal, but also struck a chord with fans around the world, as their new album, "1-8-7 on VilS," topped the sales charts this month! Parents all over the world shrunk back in horror and formed protest groups about the album's themes of misogyny ("Slap Dat Ho" and "Pimpin' Da Hos"), violent crime ("Drive By Story," "Stick 'Em Up," "My Victim"), and drug use and skipping school ("Hangin' On Da Corner" is set at 11am on a school day, and speaks of 14-17 year-old girls "skippin' dey class, thowin' dey ass, and smokin' some grass").

In other words, "1-8-7 on Vils" has ALL the elements to be a HUGE gangsta rap hit.

Track List
Order Title Quality
1 Slap Dat Ho 90
2 The Needle's In The Groove 82
3 The Vinyl's On The Platter 86
4 Pimpin' Da Hos 91
5 Stick 'Em Up 93
6 Drive-By Story 91
7 Hangin' On Da Corner 91
8 My Victim 95
Earnings
Label Cost 0
Band Cost 1704000
Label Gross 0
Band Gross 3201954
Monthly Sales
Month Sales
2010-07-01 640391
Old 04-29-2005, 05:57 AM   #693
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I saw someone else had a single titled "Vils=Mili Vanili" or something like that.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:49 AM   #694
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saw the #16 single by the Sell-Outs also making a statement:

"Crappy Pop Music--But At Least It Ain't ViLS"

SI, if you are looking for additional bands for the label I'll put up Mrs. Doubtfire. I started this band last week - first effort at MM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:41 AM   #695
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Saw the #16 single by the Sell-Outs also making a statement:
Have I shown y'all a song list for The Sell-Outs. I'm having fun with doing a Teen Pop boy band. They tour as much as possible, practice very little, and release singles and albums ASAP--even if their songs are all rated "Did We Write This?"--because they don't care about quality or musical integrity, of course. At any rate, here is the full discography for The Sell Outs:

Band Discography

Release Name Type Release Date Label Rating Total Sales

No musical integrity Single 2006-02-01 27 30,000

Tracks:
Bubble Gum
We have no musical integrity

Music That People Will Buy Album 2006-08-01 46 233,296

Tracks:
Selling Our Souls
Who Cares If This Is Good?
Musical That People Will Buy
We're Just Whores
Musical Sluttiness
Bubble Gum
Baby Baby
We have no musical integrity

No Thought Went Into This Single 2006-11-01 58 480,000

Tracks:
No Thought Went Into This Song
On Tour

More Vapid Stuff Single 2007-02-01 57 500,000

Tracks:
Singin' and Dancin'
More Vapid Stuff

More Music That People Will Buy Album 2007-07-01 59 589,463

Tracks:
Anything For A Buck
On Tour
No Thought Went Into This Song
More Vapid Stuff
Singin' and Dancin'
Buy This!
Ready To Release An Album
Money Maker

Shameless Musical Whores Single 2007-10-01 57 571,810

Tracks:
Shameless Musical Sluttiness
Ready To Release An Album

Who Cares If This Is Good? Single 2007-12-01 51 422,686

Tracks:
Who Cares If This Is Good?
Musical Sluttiness

Getting Paid Single 2008-06-01 74 1,208,011

Tracks:
Getting Paid
We're Getting Rich

We Can't Believe You Sheep Keep Buying This Stuff Album 2008-08-01 66 932,734

Tracks:
Shameless Musical Sluttiness
Look At Me
We're Getting Rich
Getting Paid
Selling Out For Money
Another Weak Song That Will Sell
Yeah It Sucks. Now Buy It Anyway!
Fortune and Fame

Buy This, You Ignorant Masses! Single 2009-02-01 73 1,332,617

Tracks:
Watch Us Lip-Synch
Watch Us Dance

Another Crappy Teen Pop Album Album 2009-08-01 77 1,294,964

Tracks:
Millions Of Dollars From You People
We're Really Rich Now!
Watch Us Dance
Watch Us Lip-Synch
Selling Records....and Our Souls
Who Needs A Title?
This Sure Beats Working For A Living
Yeah, Our Songs Suck, But You Still Listen

We're Really Rich Now! Single 2009-12-01 72 1,008,018

Tracks:
We're Really Rich Now!
Millions Of Dollars From You People

Crappy Pop Music--But At Least It Ain't ViLS Single 2010-07-01 79 418,027

Tracks:
Choreograph This!
Really Vapid Pop Music
Old 04-29-2005, 09:48 AM   #696
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I saw someone else had a single titled "Vils=Mili Vanili" or something like that.

That's me. Over a million sold in 2 months. Maybe Doug coded in a slam VilS sales bonus.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:49 AM   #697
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

that was one of swaggs's bands. I decided im practicing for a week, and then im gonna record about 10 straight vils diss records before i quit.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #698
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just got offered a 5 album, 5 single deal for 300K per release...YEAH, im signing that :roll , especially since we sell in the gold-plat range easily.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #699
Coop
High School JV

How do i raise music feel, lore and prolificacy? Anybody know?

BTW, my band finally sold a million records ( acouple of months ago)

Last edited by Coop : 04-29-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:43 AM   #700
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

lore is raised by reorganizing records.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote