Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2005, 05:32 AM   #651
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
Some crap about how he's already a winner because he's up there while millions of people that watch don't have the balls to do what he does.

And that is inaccurate how?

He's not exactly a good looking guy. Out of the thousands of people who auditioned, he's made it to what, the final ten? I'd say he is a winner and I'd say that there are millions of people who don't have the talent or the guts to do what he's done.

Not that I think he should win this competition, but I don't think the fans of AI took nearly as much offense with that statement as some people seem to think. I also think he's right, no matter what happens from here on out, he is a winner for getting as far as he's reached.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:44 AM   #652
Joe
Pro Starter

regardless, thats not something you say in a competition based on fan support.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:52 AM   #653
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I think the right person was eliminated last night. I thought Nadia and Scott were definitely in the bottom three performances this week, but that she would be the one to go. I was a bit surprised that Bo was in the bottom three; I still think Anthony needs to go soon as well, although he redeemed himself a bit this week.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:34 AM   #654
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
regardless, thats not something you say in a competition based on fan support.

I didn't take that as being anti-audience at all. That was just him expressing confidence in himself after taking a shot from Simon. It didn't even cross my mind that he was saying something I should be offended by. He was just fighting back. I think you took something from that comment very few other people did.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:25 AM   #655
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

If Scott were an ice cream flavor.. he'd be pralines and dick...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #656
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

My thoughts:

Constantine loves the camera, and the camera loves him right back;

Carrie is such a no-charisma robot I can't stand it. I think she grew up in the farmtown in Footloose where dancing was illegal. I thought she sounded great, though. She has impressed me by being able to sing the rock songs and I think Pat Benatar would be hard to copy;

I am worried about Bo, he is the one I like the best and probably the only one I would listen to on the radio. Maybe picking Freebird was too perfect for him and the expectations were raised. I think he is going after the same demographic as Constantine and Constantine is getting the upper hand. Bo is the most likely to have a successful career in my opinion;

writing of demographics, I think nadia getting booted helps the remaining girls and solidifies their spot for at least a couple of weeks. I could see any of the three (Carrie, Vonzell, or Federov) being safe for a while;

I liked Nadia and I was sad to see her go. I am not saying that she did not deserve it.

Not including the farmgirl fembot, I think this group is the best group of performers that the show has had. They all can get up there and sing and move and energize the crowd.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #657
Ksyrup

Bo and Constantine have proven they aren't going for the same demos, the 'dueling rocker' crap aside. That's not why Bo will get booted early.

I thought Bo's answers last night were great, and if anything, I think he's too good for the competition. I think everyone knows he's a great rock singer who can make it without AI, and I think that's why he'll get voted out soon. Other people need the votes. Bo can write his own ticket now, and he knows it. His answers last night might have made people less likely to keep him around, because he's so comfortable with leaving the show at this point. He's got it made either way.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #658
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqFu
Well, Scott is from Ohio and you know how voting works there. He gets extra votes by default, but since Ohio is only small portion of the voting block, it's just enough to keep him alive.

It could be worse, he could be from Florida. He would be out week one with how that state undertands voting.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #659
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Bo and Constantine have proven they aren't going for the same demos, the 'dueling rocker' crap aside. That's not why Bo will get booted early.

I thought Bo's answers last night were great, and if anything, I think he's too good for the competition. I think everyone knows he's a great rock singer who can make it without AI, and I think that's why he'll get voted out soon. Other people need the votes. Bo can write his own ticket now, and he knows it. His answers last night might have made people less likely to keep him around, because he's so comfortable with leaving the show at this point. He's got it made either way.

I hated Bo's answers last night. I want the winner to be someone who takes this thing seriously and is busting their butt to win it. Not someone who entered on a lark and continues to treat it as such. Between his answers this week and picking a musicals song at random, I really don't want to see him win even though I like his singing and performance most of the time. They told Mario he was too good for the competition and he left. Give me people who want to fight for it.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:54 PM   #660
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
I hated Bo's answers last night. I want the winner to be someone who takes this thing seriously and is busting their butt to win it. Not someone who entered on a lark and continues to treat it as such. Between his answers this week and picking a musicals song at random, I really don't want to see him win even though I like his singing and performance most of the time. They told Mario he was too good for the competition and he left. Give me people who want to fight for it.

Well, considering that as a competition and for what they're "fighting" for, I find the whole thing to be a joke (although admittedly, it is good TV), I think his opinion is right in line with what I would think if I were in his shoes. The guy's a rock singer, pure and simple, and he's already proven he's a damn good one. Forcing him to choose musicals and other assorted stupid theme songs week after week doesn't change that fact. He is what he is and that's all he set out to prove. Winning would be gravy, and probably on some level, a joke to him.

I understand where he is coming from completely.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:10 PM   #661
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
picking a musicals song at random

How else was he supposed to pick a musical song? He doesn't weatch musicals, listen to them or know anything about them. And he had to pick a song quickly and learn it. Picking it at random was his only option.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #662
Daimyo
College Starter

Bo is my favorite by far, but I can see what Thomkal is saying. Its hard to root for him to win when he's not taking it seriously... kind of a slap in the face to other contestants who are taking it seriously. The way he said it though I kind of suspect that it's just part of the whole rocker act and he probably actually does care about it more than he's willing to admit.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #663
Daimyo
College Starter

DOLA, he lists "Matchbox Twenty" as his favorite artist on the AI webpage, "Metallica" as the album his friends would be surprised he owns, and "Making the top 24 on AI" as his proudest moment in life... what kind of true rocker is that?

Last edited by Daimyo : 04-14-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #664
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
How else was he supposed to pick a musical song? He doesn't weatch musicals, listen to them or know anything about them. And he had to pick a song quickly and learn it. Picking it at random was his only option.

From what they showed of the process last night, they learn the category and pick a song on Thursday - not much time if you don't know the category that well. In most cases, I suspect someone with the show has put together a list of songs for each to choose from, at least to get them started. And I bet they end up picking a song from that list more often than not.

Plus, they get skewered if they choose something too far off the beaten path (like Nadia did). So you're essentially stuck with a song everyone knows and that you can learn quickly. I'd have been out within a week or two (if I could actually sing, that is), because I'd be picking as many songs as I could by favorite artists, just to give them national exposure.

Speaking of the process they showed, did you catch the part where Constantine was going over Bohemian Rhapsody, particularly the "Scaramouche, scaramouche" section, and his question to the guy he was working with, something along the lines of, "do we have to do that part?" Good choice in cutting that part out entirely. Man that would have been a disaster live.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #665
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo
DOLA, he lists "Matchbox Twenty" as his favorite artist on the AI webpage, "Metallica" as the album his friends would be surprised he owns, and "Making the top 24 on AI" as his proudest moment in life... what kind of true rocker is that?

Depends on if he's talking about The Black Album or St. Anger. I'm surprised I still own that POS.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #666
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo

Aside from what Ksyrup said, it kind of makes me wonder if he's trying to play to the demographic of the show with those answers.

And I don't own The Black Album or anything by Metallica after that (ecxcept Garage Inc. for disk 2).
Old 04-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #667
Ksyrup

The POS I was referring to was St. Anger, btw.

I bought Load, and got what I paid for - a load. I passed on Reload, but bought the hardcore hype about St. Anger. Maybe I've become a discriminating headbanger over the past 15-20 years, but that album is the poster child for the sentiment that heavy and loud does not necessarily equal good in heavy metal. And of course, the production is beyond awful.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:59 PM   #668
sabotai
General Manager

I passed on Reload and St. Anger. I did own The Black Album and Load at one point. The Black lbum has vanished...I lost it somewhere. Never really bothered to find out. Load I decided to see what would happen if I put a CD in a Microwave*. That basically made it almost worth it.

* - I already knew what would happen, but it was the first and only CD I did it to.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:02 PM   #669
Ksyrup

I hated TBA when it first came out. But toward the end of the 90's, when metal had gone to shit and Metallica had gone to even more shit, I had a new-found respect for that album. Although, even after more than a decade, some of those songs are still too played out for me to really enjoy it. Songs like Through the Never and Of Wolf and Man are great, though.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:34 PM   #670
TLK
Pro Starter

Break out the bell-bottoms.... it's disco night....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:49 PM   #671
Ksyrup

Here we go....next week will be Tribute to Barry Manilow night, then Gloria Estefan, then sing your favorite nursery rhyme while hopping on one leg and wearing a trenchcoat. I hate these weeks.

And then people will wonder why Bo, the rock singer, is in the bottom 2 or 3 again.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:02 PM   #672
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here we go....next week will be Tribute to Barry Manilow night, then Gloria Estefan, then sing your favorite nursery rhyme while hopping on one leg and wearing a trenchcoat. I hate these weeks.

And then people will wonder why Bo, the rock singer, is in the bottom 2 or 3 again.

I've been alive forever, and I wrote the very first song
I put the words and the melodies together
I am music and I write the songs

I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs

My home lies deep within you
And I've got my own place in your soul
Now, when I look out through your eyes
I'm young again, even though I'm very old

Oh my music makes you dance
And gives you spirit to take a chance
And I wrote some rock 'n' roll so you can move
Music fills your heart
Well, that's a real fine place to start
It's from me it's for you
It's from you, it's for me
It's a worldwide symphony
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:55 PM   #673
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
This week's theme is '70s dance songs. ANWAR ROBINSON will perform EARTH, WIND & FIRE's "September," CARRIE UNDERWOOD boogies to DONNA SUMMER's "MacArthur Park" and CONSTANTINE MAROULIS hopes to stay alive with the BEE GEES' "Nights On Broadway."

slight correction..... I guess
Old 04-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #674
Ksyrup

Disco is a dirty word.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #675
Ksyrup

"Oh my music makes you dance"

Great, maybe we'll be treated to some Barry Manilow by Federov tonight!
Old 04-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #676
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Boogie Nights..
Brick house....

Ahh... I love Disco.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #677
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"Oh my music makes you dance"

Great, maybe we'll be treated to some Barry Manilow by Federov tonight!

If we are, call me up so we can make out.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:57 PM   #678
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Bye bye Bo. That is, unless Lynyrd Skynyrd made some disco tunes that I don't know of.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:03 PM   #679
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota
Bye bye Bo. That is, unless Lynyrd Skynyrd made some disco tunes that I don't know of.

please, please, please let Scott be gone this week. If nothing else, make him dance again. I need a good laugh.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:07 PM   #680
TLK
Pro Starter

There was nothing outstandingly bad tonight, besides Paula. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carrie in the bottom three for the first time. She had a poor song choice, but it sounded decent. If I was a betting man... see ya' Scott.....
Old 04-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #681
Ksyrup

We got home from our daughter's t-ball game late, so we taped it and are about to watch.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #682
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Bo shocked me with that performance.

Carrie was bad, but has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Scott = gone (by a wide, wide margin).

~rpi-fan
Old 04-19-2005, 08:29 PM   #683
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Holy crap, I thought Bo was a dead man walkin'..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:52 PM   #684
Ksyrup

I thought Anwar was the worst, followed by Federov and Constantine. Bo was fabulous.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:01 PM   #685
flounder
High School Varsity

I can't believe Constantine sang the Barry Gibb Talk Show theme.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Scott survives another week. That was a really good song choice for him. I think Federov is gone.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #686
Swaggs
Coordinator

I thought Carrie and Federov were the worst. Carrie looked so stiff and awkward. Federov sounds like the guys that sing at Busch Gardens or something.

I think Bo was the best by far. I actually thought Scott picked a pretty good song and did real well with it.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #687
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I was pleasantly surprised by Bo this week. That's great, because the past few weeks have not been good to him.

This week I say Scott must go. I don't think 10 people in the US would buy his album if he had one, so it's time.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:09 PM   #688
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep, Scott did well this week. I still think Carrie has the best voice around.

Todd
Old 04-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #689
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I still think Carrie has the best voice around.

Todd
Agreed, but man oh man Vonzell just seems to get better and better each week..what a knockout too....I just about melt when they show her. Actually both are hot.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #690
Easy Mac

Man, we must have completely different TV's. I thought Scott sounded horrible and Carrie sounded second only to Bo. I've generally been a fan of Scott's voice, but he didn't even come close to hitting a note. I thought it was by far the worst performance. Carrie sounded pretty damn good as far as the voice. Still as stiff as I am when I see her, buts its ok. Bo was far and away the best tonight. He owned the song. I don't know, it just seemed like he took a few weeks off, and just felt he needed to show up for once. Constantine was alright. He didn't sound bad, but he wasn't nearly at the top of his game. Vonzell sounded pretty good. She'd be my darkhorse if this weren't about people at home voting, but I just don't think she resonates well with the people. She been one of the most steady though. Anthony was good for Anthony, but I just don't think his voice or performance is ever really strong. Anwar was atrocious as usual. He hasn't been remotely decent for a month.

Tonight:
1. Bo

2. Carrie
3. Vonzell
4. Constantine

5. Anthony

6. Anwar
7. Scott

Overall:
1. Bo - Showed why he's the best by far.

2. Carrie - She showed a great voice, and she's so........ ahhhhhh.....
3. Vonzell - Steady, but never spectacular... interchangeable at #2,3,4
4. Constantine - Damn good with the right song, but damn bad with any other one.

5. Scott - I actually think he has a good voice, but he just doesn't know how to sing.

6. Anthony - It pains me to put him above anyone, as only JPL from last year annoys me more, but Anwar is just pathetic.

7. Anwar - no good notes 99.9% of the song... then one long note... seems to work.

My vote for the night is Scott to go home.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #691
Cuckoo
College Starter

Hmm... didn't really like Carrie tonight, but I agree with those who say she has earned the benefit of the doubt. For that, I'd keep her in.

Mark me down as another one who thought Bo was great as well as Vonzell. Early on, I would've said Vonzell'd be lucky to make the top six or seven, but she keeps getting better in my opinion. I'm usually not ever surprised with this show, but she's doing it.

Overall, I'd say it was actually a pretty good night. Even Scott sounded better than he has before, same with Anwar and Federov.

So, I'll keep it status quo for my opinion then. Bottom three: Scott, Anthony, Anwar. Going home: Scott
Old 04-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #692
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
please, please, please let Scott be gone this week. If nothing else, make him dance again. I need a good laugh.

he was disco dancing. it was so funny.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:17 PM   #693
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota

A little too quick on the trigger.

Bo is easily the best of the bunch. He does not need this anymore to have a career.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:23 PM   #694
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

This edition of the Solecismic Ratings enters the disco era. Disco is near and dear to my heart, the music that dominated when I was a little kid. When we played high school basketball, it was impossible to find a cheerleading squad that didn't have its own YMCA routine.

So, I was dreading tonight. Made me feel very old. Not a one of these kids gets disco at all. Strangely enough, I don't think Simon got it at all. With his black tee-shirts, and his too hip to be hip attitude, I figured he had to be a closet ABBA fan, maybe a little Rick James or KC and the Sunshine Band. Nope. Paula has gotten to him, sucked the very life out the poor bastard. Even Carrie seemed vivacious and devil-may-care next to Simon tonight.

So, the ratings tonight:

1. Anthony. Never thought I'd see myself putting Anthony at the top of the list. We're so used to slightly off-pitch, uninpiring performances from the future pitchman extraordinaire for muzak versions of the Beatles' Greatest Hits (once Michael has to sell the rights to cover his legal bills, but I'm rambling again). He was decent on a very bad night. Score of 83.

2. Bo. Somehow, this song which is too old even for me, is classified a "'70s dance tune." He did his Bo thing and he did it well, came back a little from a pair of very weak performances. He still tends to wait around for the band to come in and do some guitar licks, and I think his future isn't in solo albums. Score of 81.

3. Constantine. He's having a lot of fun with the competition, and he likes to show off what he can do. Bee Gees was a tough choice, he messed up a bar here and there, but what I thought was a pretty mediocre beginning to the night ended up being a dull, but solid performance. Score of 79.

4. Carrie. That poor girl just shouldn't open her mouth after she's done singing. Such a pretty thing, so wide open to every stereotype of pretty and dumb southern blondes. I'd almost expect Anita Bryant to come out and wage a campaign against her (hey, on '70s night I can invoke Anita Bryant if I want to). I think she blew some lyrics, and she looked and sounded very uncomfortable. But then there are all the flashes of what she can do with her voice. I used to think she needed better perfomance training. Now I think she just needs to repeat the 6th grade. But the voice savant is too talented to get rid of. Score of 78.

5. Scott. Simon was dead on here. It was straight karaoke. And that's what Scott sounds like when he isn't on. It was a capable performance, but not what you'd expect from a finalist. Score of 72.

6. Vonzell. I'd give her backup singers a 90. She's kind of the judge and audience darling right now, so she gets a pass no matter what. I thought the second half of that song was a disaster - just a lot of screeching, slightly off-key. I don't think Idol should ever have the backup mikes turned up that loud. Score of 59.

7. Anwar. Dull, predictable, often out of key. And Anwar was bouncing again. He really can't sing while he bounces. By the end of the song, he was speed skating, or something really weird. Score of 55.

I think it's time for Anwar to go. My ideal final 3: Anwar, Scott and Bo. I'd expect to see Anthony, Anwar and Scott in the final 3, however, with Scott finally going.

Last edited by Solecismic : 04-19-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:25 PM   #695
maxwarrior
Mascot

My turn at ranking the performances.

1. Bo - He is easily the most experienced and it shows. He was in total control tonight. Definitely an improvement over the last few weeks. Bo was back.

2 - Constantine - He has gained a lot of momemtum and confidence. Not his best performance, but he is the best total package in the competition and continues to roll with solid song choices.

3- Carrie - The best voice, but needs to improve stage presence. She really needs to pick it up or will just become another part of the bottom. Just another typical performance. Great vocals but kinda boring.

4 - Vonzell - Only this high because the crowd loved it. Everyone seems to think she is getting better each week. I think she just keeps picking songs she can scream to. Her voice is average, but is strong and she just screeches. She does have energy as well. For those who think she is hot....I think she looks a little manly.

5 - Federov - Pretty good tonight. He has a smooth voice which he showed tonight. Will be in the bottom three, but a solid job tonight.

6 - Scott - I usually think he is the worst. He did a credible job tonight. The best in a while I thought. Preety good song choice for his voice.

7 - Anwar - He seems to be a nice guy, but nice guys finish last. Continues to struggle with pitch, but did show more energy.

Overall, the show was one of the best. Definitely no tank jobs tonight.
maxwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:45 PM   #696
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwarrior
My turn at ranking the performances.

4 - Vonzell - Only this high because the crowd loved it. Everyone seems to think she is getting better each week. I think she just keeps picking songs she can scream to. Her voice is average, but is strong and she just screeches. She does have energy as well. For those who think she is hot....I think she looks a little manly.

Manly? Sorry, but you need to get your eyes checked. She is smoking hot.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-19-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:48 PM   #697
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe I forgot to mention Vonzell. Anyone who does as well as she did with a Whitney Houston song, deserves recognition... like Carrie, she became stronger as the song went on.

I'm not saying Scott is that good, but for what I think about his talent level, he did quite well tonight.

Todd
Old 04-20-2005, 12:24 AM   #698
Joe
Pro Starter

Here's a review of Bo's CD. I guess it was released 5 years ago. Sounds pretty interesting.

http://www.foxesonidol.com/cgi-bin/a...706.art&page=1
Old 04-20-2005, 06:25 AM   #699
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Seems a lot of ya'll are confused on styles of singing. Vonzell straight up sang the hell out of that song. JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL being sung at a live concert. If ya'll think she screamed then you are most likely not fans of the songs she is choosing (R&B). Anyone that can put down a Whitney and Chaka song with minimal flaws has got some serious talent. She is head and shoulders above most of the others.

Now Anwar, he's got to go this week. That was real bad.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #700
Ksyrup

Yep, Anwar was bad. His vocals were seriously off.

Federov is starting to get Mikalah-like responses out of me. I don't know what it is, but he just annoys the living shit out of me every time he sings. He's got a great voice, he's just a blank slate - no personality at all, just Disney cruise ship performance style. That's the best I can come up with. He's like the 1993 Dolphins - a bunch of former #1 picks who couldn't even make the playoffs. He got the ingredients for success, but everything he cooks up tastes bland. Even when he's on, he's off.

And I completely agree with the comment about Bo being a band singer. That's what he is. That's probably why I like him so much more than anyone else, since I don't listen to music that is centered on the singer as the highlighted performer, but bands.

Vonzell is very good, but I keep getting the feeling from her that she's a Miss USA pageant performer doing a song as her talent. Not a singer who happens to looks good.

Carrie...she's a poor woman's Lee Ann Rimes - great voice, no stage presence.