Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-18-2004, 01:45 PM   #651
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

There is a copy of WSM at a gamestop by my house. I am thinking about treking out with my 6 month old and getting it..Anyone have a copy of WSM? Is this playable out of the box?

Wife and two yearold are gone for the night. I got a hinerking for a little footie!
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:21 PM   #652
rexallllsc
Banned

I love this game. Best version I've played yet. MY fav. before was the 01/02 season, and now this one w/ the patch is brilliant.

I've started out with Liverpool, and after a few rough games with Baros doing nothing, I moved Kewell up next to Cisse and Partridge into Kewell's left-midfield spot, and in the first game with that look (vs. Charlton), Cisse had 4 (yes, FOUR) goals, 3 of which were assisted by Kewell. In the two games since they haven't done squat, but I thought it was cool

I love the increased media interaction, too.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #653
jbmagic
Pro Starter

do you guys know if there working on the MLS league for next patch?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #654
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
do you guys know if there working on the MLS league for next patch?

Yes they are.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:35 PM   #655
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Marc,
Are there any other projects in the works by SI GAMES...Maybe an F-1 management game?

American Football with playcalling would be uh-may-zing.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:46 PM   #656
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Marc,
Are there any other projects in the works by SI GAMES...Maybe an F-1 management game?
At the moment the company has expanded quite a bit in the recent future having adopted both NHL EHM and OOTP into its fold, I'm not looking to expand again for at least a little while (read at least a year).

Hope this helps,

Marc
PS. That being said I'm sure we'll come up with a few nice surprises for everyone at some point in the future
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:49 PM   #657
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yes they are.

Todd

Do you got it from Sendit.com? Did it ever show up?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #658
Easy Mac

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl...Search+Froogle
Old 12-18-2004, 06:56 PM   #659
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip
There is a copy of WSM at a gamestop by my house. I am thinking about treking out with my 6 month old and getting it..Anyone have a copy of WSM? Is this playable out of the box?

Wife and two yearold are gone for the night. I got a hinerking for a little footie!

You ought to grab it. It might be the only one in America. I went to the local Gamestop today and asked to special order it, and they didn't even have it in the computer. I'm going to try to find it on line today because there is not one copy anywhere within a 30 minute drive of my house.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:18 PM   #660
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac

Hey, I want that soccer playing robot.

Haven't recieved it yet from sendit.com - but it's been shipped.

Todd
Old 12-18-2004, 07:22 PM   #661
GrantDawg

Quote:

Wow. Three companies I've never heard of, and ony one selling it for at/below retail price. That will net SI some real income Stateside.

I found it on the Gamestop website and they finally say they have it. I checked the store locator and the closest one that has it in stock is over an hour away. I guess I'll order it from the website. This just means we'll never get these games stateside. It is like they have been purposely sabotaged to fail.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:25 PM   #662
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
PS. That being said I'm sure we'll come up with a few nice surprises for everyone at some point in the future

I've speculated before in another thread, and received similar winkies on the prospect of SI acquiring Mr. Jim Grindin himself to complete their stable of games. Marc wouldn't confirm anything then and I wouldn't expect him to now, but he did say something along the lines of the fact that he has a deep respect for Jim and the product that Jim has consistently produced, and that it wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Just for the FYI of those who didn't read that thread.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:28 PM   #663
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
Wow. Three companies I've never heard of, and ony one selling it for at/below retail price. That will net SI some real income Stateside.

I found it on the Gamestop website and they finally say they have it. I checked the store locator and the closest one that has it in stock is over an hour away. I guess I'll order it from the website. This just means we'll never get these games stateside. It is like they have been purposely sabotaged to fail.
Well, its 10 miles away from me, so if you want someone to send it to you, let me know. Including shipping and tax, it would cost you about $44-45 to buy it direct, so I'll charge you about the same. Plus, it should get there faster from me.

edit: Media Mail is $1.42 from Chuck to Covington, so after tax, you're looking at $44 from me... Come on, you know you want it.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 12-18-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:25 AM   #664
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
I've speculated before in another thread, and received similar winkies on the prospect of SI acquiring Mr. Jim Grindin himself to complete their stable of games. Marc wouldn't confirm anything then and I wouldn't expect him to now, but he did say something along the lines of the fact that he has a deep respect for Jim and the product that Jim has consistently produced, and that it wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Just for the FYI of those who didn't read that thread.

I just don't see it. SIGames, to my knowledge, more or less requries its direct employees to work in their offices in London, and I am pretty sure Jim is happy in New Hampshire. I just don't see him uprooting his family and moving out of the U.S. to continue to write an American football sim game.

Markus was different--he wasn't in the U.S. in the first place (and neither was Riz, come to thnik of it).

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 03:49 PM   #665
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

CR,

That was my first reaction as well. However, video conferencing and other networking solutions continue to improve in quality, so perhaps they might be able to relax that requirement at some point in the future. In any case, a guy can dream
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:01 PM   #666
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I think they should open up a SI Games of America.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:20 AM   #667
Galaril
Pro Starter

digital download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
We've been less than impressed with American distribution this year and its something we're planning to ensure improves for next years games ... this is the first time we've managed to secure American releases for our games so I'm afraid its a learning curve for us, but we'll get there.

Marc how about a digital download format is this still something you guys are thinking about. I guess with the problems getting it to someplaces (I live in Korea) this would be a very cost effective/feasible approach.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 08:08 AM   #668
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Let me say once more, and call me a fanboy if you want, but damn I love this game!!!

Simply an outstanding game. Can't wait to finally get to the two weeks holiday break so I can play even more...

FM
Old 12-20-2004, 08:12 AM   #669
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Let me say once more, and call me a fanboy if you want, but damn I love this game!!!

Simply an outstanding game. Can't wait to finally get to the two weeks holiday break so I can play even more...

FM

I did too until I started having "saved game not loading problems". I hope I can get this resolved.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #670
CraigSca
Pro Starter

GD, did you end up ordering this from the Gamestop web site?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 04:02 PM   #671
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca

I did. They 2 day air it automatically for $5.99. Ordered on a Wed. night, got it on Monday.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:32 PM   #672
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Finally got my motherboard back yesterday, after 1 month on a 466 Celeron + Windows 98 (didn't even tried to play the game) I can play it again.

Started a new game with Stenhousemuir in Scottish D3.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:38 PM   #673
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

YEAH !!!!

I was able to beat Dundee United (SPL) at Dundee in the League Cup, goal by John Paul McBride in the 84th minute.

/me is happy
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:52 PM   #674
GrantDawg

Quote:

I ordered from a site with free shipping. Got it Tuesday but have had little time to play.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:14 PM   #675
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Thanks, GD. I was asking mainly to inquire about Gamestop's "usually ships in 24 hours". I ordered last night and had not heard back from them via email. Sure enough, checked the order status and it says it shipped -- I guess they were right.
how do you know?

Old 12-23-2004, 08:20 AM   #676
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I still haven't seen my copy from sendit.com nor have I seen my wife's Christmas present I bought off ebay and was supposed to be here two days ago.

Hey, I'm batting 1.000.

Todd
Old 12-23-2004, 09:10 AM   #677
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Ugh! Good luck on both, Todd - but better luck on the Christmas present
how do you know?

Old 12-23-2004, 10:18 AM   #678
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ugh! Good luck on both, Todd - but better luck on the Christmas present

Thanks! That would truly suck if the ebay thing goes bad, I've never had a problem in over 38 auctions.

Oh well, I hope it gets here today, if not I'll file a paypal complaint and rush to the store to find something else.

Have a good Holiday Craig!!

Todd
Old 12-27-2004, 11:53 AM   #679
Easy Mac

Quote:
Thanks! That would truly suck if the ebay thing goes bad, I've never had a problem in over 38 auctions.

Oh well, I hope it gets here today, if not I'll file a paypal complaint and rush to the store to find something else.

Have a good Holiday Craig!!

Todd

so has the game showed up yet? I know you ordered on the 10th, so it should have been around the 24th.

I ordered on the 13th, so I'm thinking I should get it some time this week or so.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:34 PM   #680
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
so has the game showed up yet? I know you ordered on the 10th, so it should have been around the 24th.

I ordered on the 13th, so I'm thinking I should get it some time this week or so.

Mine hasn't shown up yet. I ordered from SendIt on the 10th as well, but it wasn't shipped until the 14th due to a credit card snafu.

Hoping today.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #681
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not today and I'm really itching to play. I'm going to the Monday night game tonight, but it would have been nice to get up early and play the heck out of this game. Oh well, I'm also dealing with a user from ebay who took $152.50 of my money and basically said, "Thanks, I'm broke" and forgot to send me my wife's Christmas present.

I think I'm f'n done with ebay, paypal, and all that online aution bs. I have filed a complaint with paypal, ebay, and the internet fraud bureau. We'll see.

Todd
Old 12-27-2004, 02:43 PM   #682
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Not today.

Me neither. Got a box, so my hopes were high, but it was a camera battery for my wife.

For me it'll be 12 days for airmail from England if the game arrives tomorrow. Pretty slow, even considering the holidays.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:52 PM   #683
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not today and I'm really itching to play. I'm going to the Monday night game tonight, but it would have been nice to get up early and play the heck out of this game. Oh well, I'm also dealing with a user from ebay who took $152.50 of my money and basically said, "Thanks, I'm broke" and forgot to send me my wife's Christmas present.

I think I'm f'n done with ebay, paypal, and all that online aution bs. I have filed a complaint with paypal, ebay, and the internet fraud bureau. We'll see.

Todd

That stinks

I only used ebay for the first time ever recently. It was only because I was buying from someone who has been on this board for a long time. Sorry to hear that this guy is trying to screw you over.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #684
CraigSca
Pro Starter

OMG, I got mine today. It's uh...probably the most thorough game I've ever POORLY played in my life. I'm leading Scarborough FC of the Conference...and we're getting killed. It's our 3rd friendly and we're losing 2-0 to the Liverpool Reserve squad. We uh...haven't scored in any of our games. Oh, there's the 3rd goal for Liverpool. Sigh.

Besides that, it's a blast!
how do you know?

Old 12-27-2004, 03:19 PM   #685
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OMG, I got mine today. It's uh...probably the most thorough game I've ever POORLY played in my life. I'm leading Scarborough FC of the Conference...and we're getting killed. It's our 3rd friendly and we're losing 2-0 to the Liverpool Reserve squad. We uh...haven't scored in any of our games. Oh, there's the 3rd goal for Liverpool. Sigh.

Quit rubbing it in!

Todd
Old 12-27-2004, 03:34 PM   #686
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:

Good humor. The first time I played a career, I think I had one goal in my first ten games.

Glad to hear you got the game.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:52 PM   #687
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Ok, what other game has you throwing you hands in the air whenever you score?! That's right, Scarborough FC scored their first TWO goals of the season before a record crowd of 90 people (ha!). Scarborough FC 2, Southampton uh...Reserves 1
how do you know?

Old 12-27-2004, 04:30 PM   #688
Easy Mac

woot!!! it was in my mailbox when i got home from work today!

No girlfriend or family in town until thursday!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #689
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats on the big win Craig
Old 12-27-2004, 04:49 PM   #690
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
Old 12-29-2004, 05:03 PM   #691
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Damn this sendit.com. Where is my game? Vacation is almost over and still no sight of the thing. Royal mail my ass. Did they send it by whale? Grumble grumble grumble.

If I had known FM2006 was going to be out before FM2005 reached me, I would have bought the game from GoGamer. Grumble grumble grumble.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:38 PM   #692
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

I know I probably missed it somewhere in this long thread but could anyone tell me a good site to buy the US version of Football Manager 2005 aka Worldwide Soccer Manager 2005? Thanks.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #693
Easy Mac

gamestop.com
Old 12-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #694
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Mizzou, if you paid through Paypal or Ebay- I believe you're protected. Dont let it turn you of the experience altogether- there's plently of good stuff to be found that way.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:58 PM   #695
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
Mizzou, if you paid through Paypal or Ebay- I believe you're protected. Dont let it turn you of the experience altogether- there's plently of good stuff to be found that way.

Yeah, I'll get my $$$ back, it's just going to take awhile. It just sucks it was my wife's main present this year.

Anyhow, I just paid $150 more for a new one today, using my Best Buy gift cards. Oh well, she deserves it.

When I got home tonight I presented her with some flowers and the new phone. I think I might get some tonight.

Todd
Old 12-29-2004, 05:59 PM   #696
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Re: Save game failing to load
(sorry but I can't recall off-hand who it was that sent me)

I started to look into this last night but due to my eldest son helpfully destroying my laptop (which took a graceful dive all of 16 inches to the floor and somehow has managed to fail to live through it) I'm a little snafu at being able to do much more until I'm back in the office or I manage to get the archaic laptop I'm currently typing on fully operational (ie. logged into the office VPN).

Apologies for the delay - a very frustrated,

Marc
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:27 PM   #697
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I think I might get some tonight.

Todd

See, it's actually a good thing that sendit.com is slow sending you the game

FM
Old 12-29-2004, 07:07 PM   #698
Easy Mac

Sendit must have known my girlfriend was out of town this week.

Of course, I just bought KOTOR (the first one) yesterday for $13 at Target, so I'm splitting my time.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:52 PM   #699
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
See, it's actually a good thing that sendit.com is slow sending you the game

FM

You got that right.

I'm slowly learning how flowers work wonders, when.. they die a few days later.

Whatever works...

Todd
Old 12-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #700
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You got that right.

I'm slowly learning how flowers work wonders, when.. they die a few days later.

Whatever works...

Todd

Flowers ARE great!