Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #651
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
On high school kids, yes - UCLA voluntarily applies a higher entry standard than the NCAA minimums.

But I know I've read multiple times that prospects that graduate from a California JC are guaranteed admittance to a California state school. If that's the case, then the UW does have a harder time getting JC recruits into school than UCLA.

I'd guess Williams' issues are whether he'll get his AA in time to transfer this year.

Are you sure it's not the Cal State system? Cali has two university school systems, and the UC system is generally regarded as more prestigious. The CS system (Fullerton, San Diego, Bakersfield, Long Beach, etc.) has more numerous campuses and tend to be more of the "regular joes" unis.

One strong reason I have to question is that UCLA very much has not been bringing in JC recruits for the exact reason that they can't ever get them admitted. This is why if you look back at UCLA rosters over the decades, you only see maybe one or two at a time at best.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #652
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The main recruiting guy on USCFootball.com has confirmed with Simione's family that he didn't commit to Washington and he remains firmly committed to USC. Apparently, he felt "a little pressured" by Washington and may have given them some inclination that he was considering going to Washington but his family says he is a USC commit. Also, apparently, Simione and Hasiak talked a lot this weekend and Hasiak is now likely visiting USC next weekend.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:09 AM   #653
MrBug708
Head Coach

bhlloy/Eaglesfan, have you heard much of Burfict? Reports are that he's going to a JC most likey?

dawgfan, did you see you ended up with a UCLA decommit who then re-upped with the Bruins shortly afterwards?

UCLA is supposedly recruiting a "trenches" player pretty aggresively. The thoughts are it's either Chissom? (Not sure of the spelling, he's a DE verbal to Oklahoma, or a OL verbal to TTU
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #654
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
dawgfan, did you see you ended up with a UCLA decommit who then re-upped with the Bruins shortly afterwards?

Quote:
The UW was almost able to pry S prospect Stanjarivus McKay away from UCLA - he committed yesterday to the UW coaches - but upon reflection when he got home, he changed his mind. He has an in-home with Sarkisian on Wednesday, so it's possible he could waver again, but it sounds like the Bruins are in the driver's seat with him.

I think you must have missed the above, Bug.

BTW, turns out Williams didn't switch (or not yet). But he still has a ton of work to go to UCLA, so until I see him in school and on the practice field, I'm not counting Williams to UCLA just yet.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #655
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
bhlloy/Eaglesfan, have you heard much of Burfict? Reports are that he's going to a JC most likey?

I read something yesterday that said he was going to Arizona State.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #656
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I read something yesterday that said he was going to Arizona State.

He is definitely between USC and ASU, but as Bug pointed out his grades are a major issue. There is a significant probability that he won't qualify academically and will have to go the JC route, however he is reportedly in night school and going to school on weekends to try to correct those issues.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #657
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm hearing good things about Burfict's grades and that if he qualifies, he is 70-30 USC/ASU. We'll see how that one plays out.

FYI, Devon Kennard will be announcing at 6:45am PST at his high school tomorrow morning. Between Cal and USC (and Texas aren't out of it but they look unlikely). Over the weekend he seemed all Cal, but now the Cal boards think he's USC and he's already told the Cal staff he's not coming. Whether that's just free board rumor mongering, deliberate opposition fan baiting or the truth, who the hell knows. If Cal does get him, that's a huge coup seeing how badly they are getting their asses kicked by Stanford in recruiting this year. Will look forward to reading about his decision when I get into work tomorrow morning
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #658
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Some interesting quotes from Simione's coach about this past weekend. Here is an excerpt of the article from USCfootball.com's Gerald Martinez:

"Steve Sarkisian was the first coach on the USC staff to contact Simi, so when he went to Washington, he continued to recruit him," said Hernandez. "But at that point, Simi was no longer a secret and USC recruited him with Ken Norton and eventually got his commitment.

"Sometime last week, coach Sarkisian talked to Simi and Stan Hasiak about a visit to Washington. I was out of the loop on that because we just had our other fullback commit to Navy. I was busy on the phone and faxing his paperwork to Annapolis.

"So Simi and Stan hatched a plan to visit Washington, and I think Simi's family felt obligated to go because Sarkisian was the first coach to recruit him. They offered him a free trip, and having only been to the Mainland once, it was a good opportunity."

A good opportunity that ended up putting Vehikite between a rock and a hard place. Verbally committed to USC, rumors of his de-commitment spread before his trip to Washington had concluded.

"I think Simi got caught up in the middle of the whole thing," said Hernandez. "He feels bad because he didn't want to say no to Washington, but he didn't want to upset USC either.

"If he could have it back, he would have done it differently. He really went to appease Washington and they got him in a moment of weakness. Simi is a nice kid and he'll tell you what you want to hear because he doesn't want to let anyone down."

With his phone ringing off the hook with calls from reporters, Hernandez called Vehikite and Hasiak expecting to hear the truth.

"I spoke to Simi and Stan," said Hernandez. "Of course, Stan's phone was working and Simi's was not. They were together at the airport, so I got him at his word.

"He said he had no idea how Washington thought he committed. He said he liked the school and had a good time, but was still firmly committed to USC. Unless he's being coy, and I really doubt it, he's going to USC."

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-26-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #659
MrBug708
Head Coach

Norton seems to be having a tough year this year recruiting
Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #660
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Norton seems to be having a tough year this year recruiting

USC looks good for Manti, Burfict, Marquis, and Simione. Also, he has had a hand in a bunch of other kids. It looks like USC will get 2 of the top 5 linebackers in the nation. Not to mention USC still has a shot at a few long shots out there. I don't see how that can be viewed as a tough year.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #661
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
USC looks good for Manti, Burfict, Marquis, and Simione. Also, he has had a hand in a bunch of other kids. It looks like USC will get 2 of the top 5 linebackers in the nation. Not to mention USC still has a shot at a few long shots out there. I don't see how that can be viewed as a tough year.

You listed just the LB'ers, but what about the other kids looking around? I know you don't think highly of Pressley, but that was Norton's responsibility. Randall Carroll's main recruiter is Ken Norton. James Boyd? Yup, Ken Norton. Vehikite? Yup, Ken Norton.

All of these kids have one thing in common. Ken Norton Jr was USC's top recruiter and they are or have been looking elsewhere.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #662
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I heard the coach rumor in my circles...it was pointed towards Doman...but I don't know why though...

The other one I heard was someone sent him a potential depth chart showing him as 3 deep saying he would have to earn his spot....so who knows.

Doman has been at the center of a few "issues" with players that it seems he did not handle well. He was assigned as Manti's primary recruiter after the "alleged" depth chart thing, so that would explain his involvement.

It still bothers me that a tight a ship as Bronco runs that something like this could go awry with your top priority and possibly one the best LDS players to ever come out of High School.

I have no info, but I have a feeling Doman is on a short lease with Bronco, especially if he had a hand in screwing this one up.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #663
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I'm hearing good things about Burfict's grades and that if he qualifies, he is 70-30 USC/ASU. We'll see how that one plays out.

FYI, Devon Kennard will be announcing at 6:45am PST at his high school tomorrow morning. Between Cal and USC (and Texas aren't out of it but they look unlikely). Over the weekend he seemed all Cal, but now the Cal boards think he's USC and he's already told the Cal staff he's not coming. Whether that's just free board rumor mongering, deliberate opposition fan baiting or the truth, who the hell knows. If Cal does get him, that's a huge coup seeing how badly they are getting their asses kicked by Stanford in recruiting this year. Will look forward to reading about his decision when I get into work tomorrow morning

Though Kennard is coming off a knee injury, I saw him at some preseason camps and he is without a doubt one of the quickest, most athletic DE's I have ever seen. He made the best O-Linemen in the state look stupid at the ASU combine. He will need to gain some weight, but he will be a huge presence wherever he lands. He reminds me of UCLA's Bruce Davis with his burst of the line, but could have even better feet.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #664
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You listed just the LB'ers, but what about the other kids looking around? I know you don't think highly of Pressley, but that was Norton's responsibility. Randall Carroll's main recruiter is Ken Norton. James Boyd? Yup, Ken Norton. Vehikite? Yup, Ken Norton.

All of these kids have one thing in common. Ken Norton Jr was USC's top recruiter and they are or have been looking elsewhere.

Randall Carroll was told the truth - that he'll be a better corner than WR and he didn't want to hear it. James Boyd still sounds like he'll likely come to USC, but it is understandable if he doesn't. He had the most passing yards and most TD's of any QB in California last year and Washington is selling him at least a shot at QB. Plus, two of the guys who developed relationships with him are in Washington. He didn't develop a relationship with just Norton. Holt was going to be his position coach at DE and he developed an important relationship there. Vehikite sounds like he is firmly a Trojan and there was a misunderstanding in Washington. Seems like some reaches because you are upset that you guys didn't come through in stealing Norton who is one of the best recruiters out there from the Trojans. As far as other guys he recruited, I'll have to look that up.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #665
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Kind of random but Stanley Hasiak visited Michigan and no one seemed to know it. He was offered a schollie, and his dad has family in Windsor, but I don't see this being much more then a visit taken when the family was on vacation.

Would be a great get but I am not too concerned considering his name literally just came up today.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #666
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Randall Carroll was told the truth - that he'll be a better corner than WR and he didn't want to hear it. James Boyd still sounds like he'll likely come to USC, but it is understandable if he doesn't. He had the most passing yards and most TD's of any QB in California last year and Washington is selling him at least a shot at QB. Plus, two of the guys who developed relationships with him are in Washington. He didn't develop a relationship with just Norton. Holt was going to be his position coach at DE and he developed an important relationship there. Vehikite sounds like he is firmly a Trojan and there was a misunderstanding in Washington. Seems like some reaches because you are upset that you guys didn't come through in stealing Norton who is one of the best recruiters out there from the Trojans. As far as other guys he recruited, I'll have to look that up.

AHAHAHAHA.

You nailed me.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #667
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Apparently, he felt "a little pressured" by Washington...
Just so we're clear here, you don't actually think the UW coaches apply any more "pressure" than most other staffs (including USC) do you? Where do you think Sarkisian and Holt learned their recruiting chops?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #668
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Are you sure it's not the Cal State system? Cali has two university school systems, and the UC system is generally regarded as more prestigious. The CS system (Fullerton, San Diego, Bakersfield, Long Beach, etc.) has more numerous campuses and tend to be more of the "regular joes" unis.
I put a question in on the JCFootball.com boards about this - I'll let you know what the answer is once I get it.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #669
MrBug708
Head Coach

The CSU's have it where if you hit a certain GPA/SAT score, they do have to admit you into the school
Old 01-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #670
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just so we're clear here, you don't actually think the UW coaches apply any more "pressure" than most other staffs (including USC) do you? Where do you think Sarkisian and Holt learned their recruiting chops?

Nope. I think all coaching staffs apply pressure in their own ways. Sounds like he just didn't want to say no, which isn't the worst quality in a young kid.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #671
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
AHAHAHAHA.

You nailed me.

UCLA, or any other school, would love to have a coach have the "tough year" that Norton is having if he ends up being the primary recruiter who lands 2 of the top 5 linebackers in the nation. This could be USC's single best haul of linebackers in a very long time. Not to mention, he helped develop 3 linebackers who could all be 1st round draft picks in the upcoming draft. Now, you have the Sporting News writing articles that USC has become the new linebacker U, and all of that equates to a very good year for Norton in my opinion.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #672
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Double Dola -

Guys on both the Texas and California message boards who reportedly have contacts are saying that Kennard is announcing USC tomorrow. While Norton wasn't a primary recruiter, I'm sure he had some contact with Kennard.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:31 PM   #673
MrBug708
Head Coach

Certainly. Because before Norton got to USC, they certainly struggled to get top talent.

Brian Cushing, Luther Brown, Rey Rey, Maiava, Keith Rivers certainyl were no slouches pulled on the recruiting end
Old 01-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #674
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Norton was a key factor in developing every one of those players. Plenty of schools that fail to develop talent, but Norton and USC have done it well at the linebacker position the last few years, better than they have in some time. Where else do you have a walkon like Clay Matthews becoming a possible 1st round pick?

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-26-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #675
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
4* WR Je'Ron Stokes is apparently having UM favor for him, and then 3* ATH Brandon Matthews, a 6'6" 230 lbs kid who RichRod wants as a WR seems like he will commit, then there is OG Quinton Washington and DE Sam Montgomery who could commit.

So we'll see how it finishes out.

LSU extended an offer and got a commitment out of Logan this past weekend, which makes me think they believe they aren't going to get Montgomery. I still think he stays in the Carolinas, but you never know. LSU was leading at some point, so if he does go elsewhere he may want to be further away from home...

There is also word around LSU that Trent Richardson has decommitted from Alabama after his trip from LSU, although not necessarily because he is all LSU now.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #676
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
LSU extended an offer and got a commitment out of Logan this past weekend, which makes me think they believe they aren't going to get Montgomery. I still think he stays in the Carolinas, but you never know. LSU was leading at some point, so if he does go elsewhere he may want to be further away from home...

There is also word around LSU that Trent Richardson has decommitted from Alabama after his trip from LSU, although not necessarily because he is all LSU now.

Yeah, Logan was not a shock. Greg Robinson is meeting with Montgomery today, but I think Tennessee has a great shot with the last visit. That kid is all over the map though, so who knows.

The Richardson thing will be interesting to see. Bama fans will have complete and utter meltdown if it does happen.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #677
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Norton was a key factor in developing every one of those players. Plenty of schools that fail to develop talent, but Norton and USC have done it well at the linebacker position the last few years, better than they have in some time. Where else do you have a walkon like Clay Matthews becoming a possible 1st round pick?

Congrats on turning the son of a former NFL player into a star, quite an accomplishment. The same in turning a bunch of top rated kids into what they were projected to be. That's quite the accomplishment.

But I was talking about recruiting, not sure why you turned this into about development under Pete Carroll?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #678
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Congrats on turning the son of a former NFL player into a star, quite an accomplishment. The same in turning a bunch of top rated kids into what they were projected to be. That's quite the accomplishment.

But I was talking about recruiting, not sure why you turned this into about development under Pete Carroll?

Because development of recent past players is an important factor in recruiting. As far as Matthews, none of the quality programs wanted him - it is an impressive story how far he has come during his time at USC.

Anyway, back to recruiting, there are several rumors that Jawanza Starling was blown away by his visit to USC and is close to committing with them. Would be a great get if it happens, but I imagine once he goes back home he'll refocus on the schools closer to home.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #679
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

All State Safety (projected to be a linebacker in college) Aulola Tonga decommitted from UCLA today and accepted a scholarship to Hawaii.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #680
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
All State Safety (projected to be a linebacker in college) Aulola Tonga decommitted from UCLA today and accepted a scholarship to Hawaii.

Good for him. He was a likely grayshirt candidate so it's good for him to get a full ride
Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #681
MrBug708
Head Coach

I have to admit, this has been heck of a recruiting year, at least in the PAC-10
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #682
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Randall Carroll was told the truth - that he'll be a better corner than WR and he didn't want to hear it.

Apparently, OU is trying to make a late push for him too. Probably a longshot and likely he ends up at UCLA if not USC, but I'd love to see if he can turn out like the last guy OU got over USC because USC thought he'd be better at corner than on offense.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #683
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This Norton trash talk is fabulous. Perhaps USC could offer Mizzou a 'bad' recruiting class or two. We'd take your leftovers.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #684
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I have to admit, this has been heck of a recruiting year, at least in the PAC-10
I'm really looking forward to next year. Sarkisian will have a full year in place to build off of, Neuheisel will have another year under his belt at UCLA, Kelly will likely be the HC at Oregon - should make for some very interesting battles.

Add to that, the crop in Washington next year might be as good as in '07, which is regarded as the best group in a long time.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #685
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
Apparently, OU is trying to make a late push for him too. Probably a longshot and likely he ends up at UCLA if not USC, but I'd love to see if he can turn out like the last guy OU got over USC because USC thought he'd be better at corner than on offense.

The talk about playing corner is more due to him not being able to run routes very well. I'm sure his mark will be on special teams. USC is also the team that thought that Allan Bradford and Marc Tyler's mark will be made on offense, not defense
Old 01-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #686
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to next year. Sarkisian will have a full year in place to build off of, Neuheisel will have another year under his belt at UCLA, Kelly will likely be the HC at Oregon - should make for some very interesting battles.

Add to that, the crop in Washington next year might be as good as in '07, which is regarded as the best group in a long time.

No doubt. I think Heaps will be at BYU, but that WR up there, whose name is escaping me, will be the best offensive player out of the state of Washington since Reggie Williams. Should be a shoe-in for UW
Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #687
rjolley
College Starter

Interesting article about the 2005 QB recruiting class at SI.com: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ass/index.html
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #688
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
The talk about playing corner is more due to him not being able to run routes very well. I'm sure his mark will be on special teams. USC is also the team that thought that Allan Bradford and Marc Tyler's mark will be made on offense, not defense

He also has a serious case of the drops. Honestly, he's a corner and kick returner wherever he ends up, be it at OU, UCLA, USC or wherever.

As for Marc Tyler, he looks really good (best all around back we have had for a long time) and will be the undisputed starter in 2010 as a RS Junior. Not such a bad outlook considering his true frosh year he was coming off a broken leg. Bradford undoubtedly should be on defense, but he is the one resisting a change of position, not the coaching staff.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #689
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No doubt. I think Heaps will be at BYU, but that WR up there, whose name is escaping me, will be the best offensive player out of the state of Washington since Reggie Williams. Should be a shoe-in for UW
Kasen Williams, son of Aaron Williams, a former UW WR under Don James. He's a class of 2011 recruit.

The feeling around here is that UW and BYU will ultimately be the top-2 for Heaps, and that his default choice is the UW (he grew up a Huskies fan). He's very media-savvy and does a great job of ticking off the positives of all the teams pursuing him, so it's hard to get a definitive read on him. But Husky insiders think there's a decent chance he stays home. Sarkisian has certainly made him a huge priority in recruiting already, which has helped.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #690
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
He also has a serious case of the drops. Honestly, he's a corner and kick returner wherever he ends up, be it at OU, UCLA, USC or wherever.

As for Marc Tyler, he looks really good (best all around back we have had for a long time) and will be the undisputed starter in 2010 as a RS Junior. Not such a bad outlook considering his true frosh year he was coming off a broken leg. Bradford undoubtedly should be on defense, but he is the one resisting a change of position, not the coaching staff.

By 2010, Marc Tyler will likely have grown out of the RB position
Old 01-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #691
BishopMVP
Coordinator

SI also had a nice chart of FBS recruits by state, both total and per capita. BCS Recruits by State, 2004-08 - NCAA Football - SI.com

Florida wins, both in total number and per capita. New York and Massachusetts are obviously incredibly weak, and Hawaii was real surprising in the per capita category.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #692
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Yeah, Logan was not a shock. Greg Robinson is meeting with Montgomery today, but I think Tennessee has a great shot with the last visit. That kid is all over the map though, so who knows.

The Richardson thing will be interesting to see. Bama fans will have complete and utter meltdown if it does happen.

Clemson boards are mixed on Montgomery.
Supposedly he told the coaching staff, including new DC Steele that he wanted to go farther from home, yet his HS coach apparently said at a dinner over the weekend that he was definitely headed to Clemson...I dont think he ends up in Tiger town but we will see.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #693
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Clemson boards are mixed on Montgomery.
Supposedly he told the coaching staff, including new DC Steele that he wanted to go farther from home, yet his HS coach apparently said at a dinner over the weekend that he was definitely headed to Clemson...I dont think he ends up in Tiger town but we will see.

Montgomery has named every team involved with him a leader at some point. Whoever he signs with next Wednesday will be a shock because I don't think anyone knows where he is going, and that includes him.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #694
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
...and Hawaii was real surprising in the per capita category.
Really? You're surprised at how high they rank? Lots of big polynesian kids on the islands that love to play football, so no surprise to me. Hawai'i is a place West Coast schools have long targeted. If U of Hawaii could keep more of those studs home, they'd be awfully good, but most of those kids want to check out life on the mainland.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #695
bhlloy
Coordinator

Devon Kennard to USC. Huge pickup for the Trojans.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #696
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I don't have a dog in the fight but here is an article on Manti Te'o

Tribune Blogs -- BYU Sports
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #697
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Devon Kennard to USC. Huge pickup for the Trojans.

I just heard the news as I was away from computer and TV all day. Very happy to read that
Old 01-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #698
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Mike Edwards to UT.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #699
MJ4H
Coordinator

News is that Cobi Hamilton has picked Arkansas over Texas. Still waiting on Ronnie Wingo to decide today.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #700
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Some of these recruiting roller coasters are wild. Byron Moore has reportedly cancelled his trip to LSU, dropped them from his list, and put USC back in his final 3. I'm hoping he has had a change of heart after being "All USC" a month ago - he could help at corner early in his career.