The boy who cried Trout

Can you download the manual as well?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #652
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
FWIW riz, as someone who played the hell out of EHM freeware and then bought EHM:FE basically without even trying the demo, I offer the following summation.

EHM freeware - played the hell out of it, loved the hell out of it, simply awesome

EHM:FE - played it a bit, never really got "into" it. it didn't have that inexplicable "immersive" feeling. Probably played it a total of...24 hours total...tops.

EHM 2005 - been waiting on the digital DL since the demo...grabbed the one that wasn't supposta be up the other night, and have already logged 7+ hours of playing time. 2005 definately has that "immersive something" that EHM:FE lacked, whether it's substantially all that different or not. I don't know what it is, but it just...is better. I know that doesn't help, but maybe it makes you feel better.

Here's mine:

EHM Freeware - Never played. Tried, but didn't work on my comp.

EHM:FE - Played a TON. Got through 7 seasons with the Kings, making the playoffs only once (by 1 point), and was swept out.

EHM 2005 - Played for a few hours. I'm having the exact same problems I had in EHM:FE. I cannot win. I was 0-5-1 before I gave up. No matter what I do, teams beat me. I just don't get it.

Some might say I'm giving up too easy, but this is the same exact thing that happened in the last version. I hope I can rejuvinated.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #653
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
Riz-

for the people who bought it friday should we just redownload the game?

Stick with what you have, it should work fine and SI has your transaction details. If you have problems, let them know.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #654
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71

Should be included in the download.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #655
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
Here's mine:

EHM:FE - Played a TON. Got through 7 seasons with the Kings, making the playoffs only once (by 1 point), and was swept out.

EHM 2005 - Played for a few hours. I'm having the exact same problems I had in EHM:FE. I cannot win. I was 0-5-1 before I gave up. No matter what I do, teams beat me. I just don't get it.

Some might say I'm giving up too easy, but this is the same exact thing that happened in the last version. I hope I can rejuvinated.

coaching the games yourself rex, or letting your head coach do it? i find at least at this stage that I am having more success letting my coach handle all that and just concentrating on player acquisition.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #656
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71

it comes with the digital download.

after you install it, look in the sega/ehm folder and look in the manual folder.

be sure to have adobe reader install on your computer.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #657
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
coaching the games yourself rex, or letting your head coach do it? i find at least at this stage that I am having more success letting my coach handle all that and just concentrating on player acquisition.

be carefull with practice..

the head coach dont handle everything in the practice screen. so you going to have to monitor some things in there yourself.

like the coaches your going to assign to practice and making sure not to have a coach handle more than 3 categories.

also you going to have to handle the general, powerplay and powerkill %
Old 06-21-2005, 04:07 PM   #658
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I must admit. I handle everything. Player acquisition. Practice. Line combos. Strategy. Pre-game meals. You name. I cannot relinquish control over my team. I am the GM Coach. Though I do love my coaching staff. The fact that I have Rob Ray as my head coach and Dave Brown as an assistant makes me very happy.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:11 PM   #659
condors
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
The fact that I have Rob Ray as my head coach and Dave Brown as an assistant makes me very happy.

Dave Brown was the first sports jersey i every got ! guy had the best left in the game prior to his rotator cuff surgeries, Old time hockey
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #660
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
Here's mine:

Stop being the Kings. That might help
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:31 PM   #661
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Anyone have a file with real arena names?
How about media pundits?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:24 AM   #662
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I was just offered the job of running the USA U-20 team. I am pretty excited by this. In all my EHM/FM/CM experience I have never taken control of an international squad. I am not exactly sure how I go about identifying all the best players who are available.

I must also fight the urge to stock the team with my own prospects, giving them invaluable international experience. Though at the moment my top defensive prospect, John Watson, is the Captain of the team.

Speaking of Watson, this kid (a second round pick) better pan out. He looks very promising. Decent speed, great positioning/checking/hitting. He's only 19 and those key defensive stats are all there. He doesn't have much in the way of offense, but that's ok. The only thing is, I recently had the opportunity to trade his rights for Rick Nash. I may be regretting not doing the deal, but the cupboard is pretty bare for defensive prospects and the moment and, to be honest, getting Nash would force me to trade one of my core guys, all of which I am pretty happy with. Still, I fear I will be regretting this move in the future. You should never pass up on talent like Nash. And he's only 25.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 PM   #663
condors
College Starter

I hope this is a bug.

I am underachieving with the Flyers and read in the news i fired Ken Hitchcock. Hitch wasn't the problem and his replacement was the guy coaching Albany who isn't half the coach. I am going to get fired now and the extra draft picks i traded for will be for whoever replaces me.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:38 PM   #664
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I hope this is a bug.

I am underachieving with the Flyers and read in the news i fired Ken Hitchcock. Hitch wasn't the problem and his replacement was the guy coaching Albany who isn't half the coach. I am going to get fired now and the extra draft picks i traded for will be for whoever replaces me.

Wait a second. You're the Flyers' GM and the game fired Hitchcock without you doing anything? Were you on "vacation" at the time?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:53 PM   #665
condors
College Starter

nope not on vacation although i was letting Hitch do everything cause everytime i try to do the tactics and lines we lose.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #666
scooter
High School Varsity

For those that have played for a while - do your scouting reports disappear after a while? I have only played for about a month and a half of game time and don't have a problem, but I remember last year's EHM, the scouting reports would disappear after a couple months. Example: If you went out and scouted all the ISS-ranked players for the draft when the preliminary rankings came out in the fall and didn't scout them again before the draft, the players wouldn't have a scouting reports when you got to the draft. I was just curious as to what you have found.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #667
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:

Coaching myself...I play it just like FM/CM.

I honestly don't think I'd have as much fun if I wasn't coaching.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #668
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
For those that have played for a while - do your scouting reports disappear after a while? I have only played for about a month and a half of game time and don't have a problem, but I remember last year's EHM, the scouting reports would disappear after a couple months. Example: If you went out and scouted all the ISS-ranked players for the draft when the preliminary rankings came out in the fall and didn't scout them again before the draft, the players wouldn't have a scouting reports when you got to the draft. I was just curious as to what you have found.

The scouting reports are stored up to a certain limit in the game, but once there are too many reports stored, the ones not accessed in the longest time will be the first to be overwritten. So they do not stay on forever unless you check them up every once in a while.

Last edited by riz : 06-22-2005 at 04:06 PM.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:06 PM   #669
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman
Stop being the Kings. That might help

AHHHHHHH
Old 06-22-2005, 04:15 PM   #670
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I hope this is a bug.

any confirmation on this? a bug?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:15 PM   #671
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I want to know more about Hitchcock getting fired without you doing anything, Condors. Riz, is this a known bug? If not, perhaps Condors can send his file for you to look at?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:25 PM   #672
dervack
College Prospect

I had the owners fire my Head Coach the first time I played the game before getting fired myself, but I was able to hire his replacement. This was with 2.0.0
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM   #673
JeffR
High School JV

Yup, it was a bug. From the Patch 2 changelist:

"Fixed head coaches being fired by your board when you're not coaching games"
Old 06-22-2005, 07:31 PM   #674
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

ETA on patch 2?
Old 06-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #675
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

From yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
We are working on a second patch which will address issues raised in the community both code and data wise. There is no ETA for this one yet but the initial testing on it has already started with some things still being fixed.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:16 PM   #676
condors
College Starter

didn't see above post so edited out

starting a new game , game was much harder for me this time around.

Last edited by condors : 06-22-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 PM   #677
Bee
Pro Starter

The general manager points aren't supposed to reset every season are they? Mine reset after my second season, but I had thought that was a point system for tracking a career.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:47 PM   #678
SlapBone
High School JV

Is there a cfg command line that will unlock all the arenas this time around or did that get SI in trouble?
SlapBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #679
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapBone
Is there a cfg command line that will unlock all the arenas this time around or did that get SI in trouble?

I don't believe there are any unlock commands, but I'm pretty sure that the "unofficial" data update will fix the arenas among other things. This update is supposed to be made available tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:59 PM   #680
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I don't believe there are any unlock commands, but I'm pretty sure that the "unofficial" data update will fix the arenas among other things. This update is supposed to be made available tomorrow.

for what leagues? and where we download it from.

is it the ones there going to add the real names and real team names?

thanks
Old 06-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #681
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
The general manager points aren't supposed to reset every season are they? Mine reset after my second season, but I had thought that was a point system for tracking a career.

I think it is a point system used more for comparing seasons than for tracking an entire career. But yes, they do reset after every season.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #682
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
for what leagues? and where we download it from.

is it the ones there going to add the real names and real team names?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs (SI Board)
just an update here of what is going to be in the update

-NCAA players with NHL rights and the top 30 NCAA players for the next draft

-All playable Arenas and some nice little tid bits

-UHL/CHL Completly unfaked (other then awards as they seem to be hardcoded!!!)

-All Russian leagues unfaked

-Major Finnish Leagues unfaked

-All top Swiss, Italian and French teams unfaked

-Top Swiss and Italian players unfaked

and......

-MULTI-LANGUAGABLE (this is key because of you non-english fokes)

that is basically all that has been unfaked

It will be avaliable to download at...

Manager 4 Life

Eastside UK

So stay tuned onto those sites for the release

Old 06-23-2005, 01:30 AM   #683
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
ETA on patch 2?

It'll be a while, probably going to be a fairly extensive patch. There are really no game-killing issues right now, though. The possible morale bug Riz mentioned before is either very rare, or doesn't seem to have much of an effect - I took over a 2-24 team and had it above .500 the rest of the season, so it's definitely possible to turn around a bad losing streak. The patch shouldn't break savegames, so I'd just keep playing the current version - that's what I'm doing with my game.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:33 AM   #684
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR
It'll be a while, probably going to be a fairly extensive patch. There are really no game-killing issues right now, though. The possible morale bug Riz mentioned before is either very rare, or doesn't seem to have much of an effect - I took over a 2-24 team and had it above .500 the rest of the season, so it's definitely possible to turn around a bad losing streak. The patch shouldn't break savegames, so I'd just keep playing the current version - that's what I'm doing with my game.
Awesome news. I'll jump back into the game, then. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:42 AM   #685
riz
SI Games

The first large scale unofficial data update is now up at:
http://www.eastside-uk.co.uk/

Contents are as posted above already.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:01 AM   #686
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz

I think I am installing this wrong. I unzipped all the files into the "data" folder and then copied the .dat files into the "database" folder. I still am playing in the beautiful "Washington Place."
Old 06-23-2005, 06:11 AM   #687
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I think I am installing this wrong. I unzipped all the files into the "data" folder and then copied the .dat files into the "database" folder. I still am playing in the beautiful "Washington Place."

Did you start a new game ?
Old 06-23-2005, 06:43 AM   #688
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Did you start a new game ?

Heck no! I've already spent: "10 Days, 22 Hours, 43 Minutes, and 33 Seconds" on this career.

Do I need to start a new game? If so, I will live with the "Washington Place."
Old 06-23-2005, 07:08 AM   #689
Icy
Pro Starter

North American Customers - $29.99
UK Customers - £29.99
Rest of the world - 44.99 Euros (=$54)

Uhh i'm sorry to say that the DD version is really overpriced for Europeans looking at the USA price, that politic doesn't look good to me. It's the offer/demand i guess who sets that prices but... a hockey game in Europe should need better marketing that in USA and no the other way, also this is a digital download that means less expenses on distribution, paper, CD etc. Of course it's your company and this is a free market so you can do whatever you want and the customers will decide. Now i need to decide if i will buy the boxed version in the future or not buy the game at all as i was waiting for this DD version to give it a try even not being a hockey fan but the DD is a sure no for me now (also i expected eLicense not again trymedia that had a lot of problems before if i'm not wrong).

Anyway this is just a rant after seing that price diference, i still think that SIgames produces the best text sims in the market, it's just the SEGA "Big company like" marketing what i don't like a lot but i guess it's the price for having more resources that will end on even better games from SI. Now if Heavyreign could have this resources for a new FBCB ahh that are wet dreams... ( hint MarcV ).
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:30 AM   #690
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Uhh i'm sorry to say that the DD version is really overpriced for Europeans looking at the USA price, that politic doesn't look good to me.

The explanation, from Marc Duffy on the SI board: "Europe and UK have boxed copies available and we are not allowed to undercut or undermine retail in such territories with a cut price digital download deal."

SI/Sega can't ask European retailers to carry the game, then start selling a downloadable version at a lower price. Even if there weren't contractual agreements preventing it, it'd be a horrible business decision to annoy every retailer in Europe.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:37 AM   #691
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR
The explanation, from Marc Duffy on the SI board: "Europe and UK have boxed copies available and we are not allowed to undercut or undermine retail in such territories with a cut price digital download deal."

SI/Sega can't ask European retailers to carry the game, then start selling a downloadable version at a lower price. Even if there weren't contractual agreements preventing it, it'd be a horrible business decision to annoy every retailer in Europe.

Makes sense but again having a hockey text sim at 45€ in Spain or other non hockey traditional countries for example guarantees you almost zero sales, while USA and Canada could easily become their best customers with a good retail distrbution channel. That is why i felt weird the high price in Europe compared with USA. It's not the same of course than FM that is loved here in Spain as we are a soccer country.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 AM   #692
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I started the demo with the Toledo Storm, I found this game to be a little overwhelming and gave up

I had no clue what to do, is there a beginner's tutorial or something similar?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #693
Icy
Pro Starter

dola:
Nice, i can't even download it to think again about my purchase option, didn't know you can't buy this game in Spain. I hope i won't suffer the same with the future OOTP.

NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005

Unauthorized
We're sorry. Our Systems indicate you are outside the territory authorized for distribution by the software publisher of this title.

Unfortunately, we do not have permissions from the publisher to sell this title outside of our approved territory.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:50 AM   #694
Coder
College Prospect

Icy, I was in the same situation last year and ended up buying it for about €15 less through mailorder from cdon.com (Scandinavian online-retailer).. EB was charging the same as the DD-version..

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:51 AM   #695
Coder
College Prospect

Dola here too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
dola:
Nice, i can't even download it to think again about my purchase option, didn't know you can't buy this game in Spain. I hope i won't suffer the same with the future OOTP.

NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2005

Unauthorized
We're sorry. Our Systems indicate you are outside the territory authorized for distribution by the software publisher of this title.

Unfortunately, we do not have permissions from the publisher to sell this title outside of our approved territory.

Try play.com or amazon.co.uk

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:01 AM   #696
Icy
Pro Starter

Thanks Coder, this sounds good at play.com

Boxed version:
our price: EUR 39.99 Delivered

availability: In stock.
Usually dispatched within 24 hours.

I'll try the old demo (not that try&buy that i cant download) that i think can be downloaded from SI to decide.

Last edited by Icy : 06-23-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:18 AM   #697
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I started the demo with the Toledo Storm, I found this game to be a little overwhelming and gave up

Ball Dog - I am currently playing with Toledo as well. They are in the ECHL which is a sallary cap league and has a roster maximum level of 20. On Top of this ECHL teams dont have affiliates (to send players to). All of these factors makes this league very tedious (also fun for some) so if you are unfamliar with Hockey I would suggest starting right out in the NHL or maybe the OHL,WHL or QMJHL. The last three dont have a roster limit (I dont think) and there are no sallary caps so roster management is a little easier. You will have to deal with "vetran" maximums but other then that you will find it easier.

As for tutorials go to http://ehm.sortitoutsi.net/ they have some pretty good guides . I think they are located in the forums.

If you do decide to stay in the ECHL make use of transfering players out on loan if you are over you roster maximum.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:17 AM   #698
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip
Ball Dog - I am currently playing with Toledo as well. They are in the ECHL which is a sallary cap league and has a roster maximum level of 20. On Top of this ECHL teams dont have affiliates (to send players to). All of these factors makes this league very tedious (also fun for some) so if you are unfamliar with Hockey I would suggest starting right out in the NHL or maybe the OHL,WHL or QMJHL. The last three dont have a roster limit (I dont think) and there are no sallary caps so roster management is a little easier. You will have to deal with "vetran" maximums but other then that you will find it easier.

As for tutorials go to http://ehm.sortitoutsi.net/ they have some pretty good guides . I think they are located in the forums.

If you do decide to stay in the ECHL make use of transfering players out on loan if you are over you roster maximum.

Thanks, maybe I will check it out this weekend again with Columbus (NHL)

Founds some guides also...http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forums/in...howtopic=18847
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:21 AM   #699
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Thanks, maybe I will check it out this weekend again with Columbus (NHL)

Yes, those guides are good. Columbus has a good young core of players, and the board should be pretty easy on you the first year or two.

Good luck.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #700
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz

so we download the Unfaking Version 1?

does this take care of CHL+UHL Real Team and League Names? or we need to download that one too.

thanks