it's strange that wasnt the first piece of info he shared today
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #652
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
it's strange that wasnt the first piece of info he shared today

I would agree, and the longer it takes him to answer the stranger it looks.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #653
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am concerned at how the wolves are moving. picking off the unverified one by one.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #654
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I can tell y'all if you want. I am getting a little wary of doing it is all.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #655
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I am concerned at how the wolves are moving. picking off the unverified one by one.

what do you mean?

To this point no one has been verified?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #656
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I can tell y'all if you want. I am getting a little wary of doing it is all.

was it another villager?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #657
The Jackal
Coordinator

i think he means they are going after the seer, which is exactly what they should be doing, so i'm not sure why that's concerning.. it's more expected
Old 04-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #658
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ok. I found another "villager"...Lathum
Old 04-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #659
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

but no one is verified so anyone could be the seer, I just don't see his point
Old 04-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #660
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
ok. I found another "villager"...Lathum

works for me
Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #661
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote SonicYouth
Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #662
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

unverified is a bad choice of words. you are right there aren't too many that the wolves know are not seer. themselves, me and now you. so that is 4 or 5? We don't have that many we have 1 right now. (some would say 0)
Old 04-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #663
The Jackal
Coordinator

why the early vote?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #664
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, right now I feel OK about NTN. He was right yestaerday about ITC and I know he is right today about me.

If he was a wolf he would be running the risk of claiming he scanned someone as a villager who actualy has a role, thus outing himself.

There are some concerns with his role and voting choices, but I think SY makes the most sense today.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #665
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
why the early vote?

because we are getting to the point now where the wolves may be able to somewhat control the vote. If it comes down to SY and NTN I want us to have the tiebreaker. Right now I trust NTN more
Old 04-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #666
The Jackal
Coordinator

though if he found the seer or bodyguard he'd probably lie and say vanilla villager and you wouldnt mind being called a vanilla, which could mean he's a wolf who is using a pretend ability to weed out roled villagers
Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #667
The Jackal
Coordinator

i just like to think of all the options, i think its more likely hes telling the truth
Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #668
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

no if I found either of those roles Iwould say ifound a role and wont reveal
Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #669
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Dang it...Sorry, I didnt vote. I fell asleep on the couch after watching the Lakers game and didnt wake up till a bit ago...I suck.

With that said. Lets stop killing vilagers.

Vote Pass
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #670
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Vote PAss
Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #671
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
though if he found the seer or bodyguard he'd probably lie and say vanilla villager and you wouldnt mind being called a vanilla, which could mean he's a wolf who is using a pretend ability to weed out roled villagers

I don't follow.

Are you saying NTN could have possibly scanned someone else who was the seer, and is lying about scanning me to cover up who he really scanned?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #672
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
no if I found either of those roles Iwould say ifound a role and wont reveal

which would be a huge cop out for a fake ability and would draw more attention to you, whereas if you're a wolf you know who isn't a wolf and can just call everyone a villager

now that i re-think the weeding out roles, i guess a pretend wouldnt be able to do that because calling everyone villagers doesnt weed out roles, though it did get one person lynched
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #673
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't follow.

Are you saying NTN could have possibly scanned someone else who was the seer, and is lying about scanning me to cover up who he really scanned?

now that i re-think that statement, i retract it because it doesn't make sense, as i just noted in the above post .. i was trying to say a wolf would try and call everyone villagers, but the seer/bodyguard wouldn't argue with that, so there's no help in role revealing there - my only counter argument at this point is that its likely that role isnt in the game and could be easily faked
Old 04-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #674
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, right now I feel OK about NTN. He was right yestaerday about ITC and I know he is right today about me.

If he was a wolf he would be running the risk of claiming he scanned someone as a villager who actualy has a role, thus outing himself.

There are some concerns with his role and voting choices, but I think SY makes the most sense today.

I'm still not convinced. We know this role is not necessarily in the game. And I think there's some genius in this. If you did have a role, Lathum, then NTN's play would have made you out yourself against your will. I know he's said he won't reveal a role, but he hasn't actually backed that up.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #675
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
now that i re-think that statement, i retract it because it doesn't make sense, as i just noted in the above post .. i was trying to say a wolf would try and call everyone villagers, but the seer/bodyguard wouldn't argue with that, so there's no help in role revealing there - my only counter argument at this point is that its likely that role isnt in the game and could be easily faked

I agree the role can be faked, but for now I am willing to trust him, it would be increasinly dangerous for him to call out villagers when they may have a role.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #676
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Although, I guess the fact that there's no kill tonight shoots some holes in my theory.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #677
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree the role can be faked, but for now I am willing to trust him, it would be increasinly dangerous for him to call out villagers when they may have a role.

not really, because the seer or bodyguard would then inherently trust him if they believed he's the inquisitive because he didn't out their role, just called them a villager
Old 04-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #678
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I think I'm with you, The Jackal. I've been looking hard at ntn, but I'm thinking we've got to look elsewhere -- the fact that there's no night kill means it doesn't make much sense to go fishing for roles.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #679
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
not really, because the seer or bodyguard would then inherently trust him if they believed he's the inquisitive because he didn't out their role, just called them a villager

I dunno about that, though. If I were the seer, and NTN called me a villager, I'm not sure I'd be able to trust him at all.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #680
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

i guess.

Maybe I am just inclined to trust him because he got me right.

I can see a case being made against NTN, but for now I am sticking with SY. Maybe I am still bitter from last game when no one believed I was who I claimed to be and don't want to put NTN through what I went through.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #681
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I dunno about that, though. If I were the seer, and NTN called me a villager, I'm not sure I'd be able to trust him at all.

then i hope whoever is the seer is as smart as you

i agree that NTN isn't the way to go today, in any case
Old 04-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #682
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

at the very least at that point I would be under the seer's watchful eye.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #683
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
then i hope whoever is the seer is as smart as you

i agree that NTN isn't the way to go today, in any case

I dunno -- it seems like it might be the dumb play on my part.

If NTN is telling the truth about his role, but lying about mine to protect me, calling him out on it would be a bad move. But if NTN is a wolf, and I (wrongly) figure he's saying it to protect me....then who knows what would happen? I could get lynched like ITC.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #684
The Jackal
Coordinator

exactly.. if he's a wolf, lying is good for him on many levels
Old 04-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #685
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

ok heres the fact. That mess up with Mcollins, debilittates the game. The seer now can come out and scan someone tonight as well as give past reveals....
Old 04-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #686
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Nothing against Neon, cause it s a simple mistake we could all make...
Old 04-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #687
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Needless to say I think the seer should stay hidden for now. Just to keep the balance.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #688
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Pass seems very wolfish, we have had votes on him everyday and somehow he escapes.

I also wonder about SY he has been acting weird.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #689
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post

I agree here thats why I went with SY, really for me one links the other based on the lynch vote from yesterday
Old 04-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #690
RendeR
Coordinator

*peers at everyone in turn looking for some telltale signs of fur*
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #691
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Pass seems very wolfish, we have had votes on him everyday and somehow he escapes.

What seems wolfish about me?
Old 04-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #692
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys, no night kill is HUGE news for us so let's go get some bad guy! I'm sorry I haven't been around, I've been up all night throwing up and feel all around crappy. I've scanned everything and feel that this is the way I have to go, particularly since I trust ntn:

vote Sonic Youth
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #693
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

2 things:

#1 you're still probably the single best candidate for the alpha to have chosen, I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from suspecting this was the case, yet!

#2 You normally drive conversation almost constantly. You've been very relaxed and even quiet at times during this game, no half page dissertations about possible suspects or even long winded posts regarding those you possibly trust. This is very unlike you, it makes me nervous.

My vote is still on you:

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 04-24-2008, 03:08 PM   #694
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

NFG, I was hoping to get an answer for this before I left work, but I guess you're out. The reason I asked is because most people have voted for me because they thought I would be someone the alpha wolf would pick. While I was flattered, I eventually felt compelled to detail my horrible wolf record -- yet people still voted based on that.

You made a different comment. You said that I "seem very wolfish." Since it was different from everyone else's reason, it struck me. As a plain villager, I just don't see what seems wolfish about me.

You mentioned that I've had a lot of votes on me, but still haven't been lynched. If you look back at Day 1, you can see that no effort was made to save me, except for my vote switch to KWhit. If I were a wolf, I wouldn't have let my buddies hang me out to dry like that. Looking at Day 2, I was up there in votes, but the thing that really affected any vote switched was ntn's reveal. I moved off ntn to vote for clap, but it was self-defense -- I knew ntn wasn't going to get lynched that day (whether I believed him at the time or not), so I had to get things moving toward clap. After me, PB and SY put in votes for clap. It was REALLY soon after ntn's reveal, and I don't think efforts to save me would have moved that fast.

Also, you're right -- I've been a person of interest in this game for three days now, going on a 4th. Wouldn't you think a seer has scanned me by now? It seems more like you're trying to push things toward me, since you figure I'm an easy lynch. Maybe to save SY?

VOTE NFG22
Old 04-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #695
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
2 things:

#1 you're still probably the single best candidate for the alpha to have chosen, I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from suspecting this was the case, yet!

#2 You normally drive conversation almost constantly. You've been very relaxed and even quiet at times during this game, no half page dissertations about possible suspects or even long winded posts regarding those you possibly trust. This is very unlike you, it makes me nervous.

My vote is still on you:

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Et tu, Rendre?

1: Check the last paragraph of my half page long winded dissertation to NFG. Don't you think the seer would have scanned me by now?

2. I normally drive conversation almost constantly *when I'm a wolf* -- with the exception of the last game, where I stayed quiet on purpose in order to make people think I was drugged -- a ploy which didn't work, might I add. Check out my last few games as a villager. You'll find a much quieter Passacaglia in them.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #696
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok fine, throw in #3

#3 == You are pinging my radar, as we say, ruffling my feathers, raising goosebumps, how ever you'd like to put it. When I think about everyone still in this game you are the one name that is making my spidey sense tingle.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #697
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Ok fine, throw in #3

#3 == You are pinging my radar, as we say, ruffling my feathers, raising goosebumps, how ever you'd like to put it. When I think about everyone still in this game you are the one name that is making my spidey sense tingle.

I guess that's what I thought NFG was trying to say also. I voted for him because I thought he was the only one who felt I was doing something actively wolfish. If more than one person feels that way, I'll have to rethink it. Is that really what you're saying, though? Based on your last sentence, it seems like you might just be saying that you would expect that if I were a villager, I would have been night-killed by now. The best I can come up with is that the wolves thought I had a good chance of getting lynched.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #698
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess that's what I thought NFG was trying to say also. I voted for him because I thought he was the only one who felt I was doing something actively wolfish. If more than one person feels that way, I'll have to rethink it. Is that really what you're saying, though? Based on your last sentence, it seems like you might just be saying that you would expect that if I were a villager, I would have been night-killed by now. The best I can come up with is that the wolves thought I had a good chance of getting lynched.

I think my bigger worry is that IF you are a villager, the wolves are trying to let you become trusted so they can then convert you and have you be trusted by the rest of us.

Otherwise, yeah, If I were a wolf you'd be dead already.

You still make the tiny hairs on my neck stand on end.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #699
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to work up a vote count for me/us since the flyers game is in the first intermission and they are WINNING.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #700
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sonic Youth (2) - Lathum (661), PurdueBrad (692)
Passacaglia (2) - nfg22 (670), Render (693)
nfg22 (1) - Passacaglia (694)

not voting (4) - The Jackal, Sonic Youth, ntndeacon, path12