Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #651
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Might i ask what that is?

Clover or Moses can PM me with their information because they trust me.

That is why I suggested that Clover does that tonight, with Boxer protecting me. If you recall, you shot the idea down.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #652
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Clover or Moses can PM me with their information because they trust me.

That is why I suggested that Clover does that tonight, with Boxer protecting me. If you recall, you shot the idea down.

Ya. and sorry to be blunt, but i think it is stupid for our seers to use their power this early in the game. Sure, they can drop it to you late in the game. Id be fine with that. But to use up their power to tell you 2 people is just a terrible idea to me. If they do that, then when we really need it on days 6,7,8 we will be screwed. Im one who believes seers need to stay hidden and reveal their knowledge at the latest time possible, thereby allowing them more nights to scan and learn info before the bad guys come knocking.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #653
path12
Coordinator

Current vote count:

Greyroofoo 3 -- Blade (603), GoldenEagle (630), Bek (633)
Dodgerchick 1 -- RealDeal (556)
BrianD 1 -- Alan T (567)
Bek 1 -- BrianD (602)
ardent 1 -- Grammaticus (634)
Anxiety 1 -- Passacaglia (646)

Not voting: ardent, Dodgerchick, Chubby, Swaggs, Greyroofoo, hoopsguy, Anxiety
Old 09-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #654
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ya. and sorry to be blunt, but i think it is stupid for our seers to use their power this early in the game. Sure, they can drop it to you late in the game. Id be fine with that. But to use up their power to tell you 2 people is just a terrible idea to me. If they do that, then when we really need it on days 6,7,8 we will be screwed. Im one who believes seers need to stay hidden and reveal their knowledge at the latest time possible, thereby allowing them more nights to scan and learn info before the bad guys come knocking.

But Blade, I have argued at our roles coming out in the open, however the PM might not be a bad idea. Its not just 2 people here we are talking about finding out two roles, learning information about who voted for them and more importantly swaggs learns the identity of the person with that role and can try to safeguard them and more importantly it starts the circle of trust.

it doesnt give the wolves their identity, and the worst it does is uses up the PM power. there is nothing preventing their information being passed on later or them coming out in the open in a few days with a reveal and more info. also nothing preventing them from setting up some code to pass future info to swaggs in the clear.

Blade I think you are offbase here.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #655
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, I think you are failing to take everything into consideration. If you do, I can't see how you would think it is stupid.

First of all, we only have one seer in Snowball the Pig. I am not asking him to reveal himself (or herself).

We have two players that can view the deceased and then, once per game, pass that information along to someone. That is Clover and Moses.

We have one person, me, that is trusted without the seer having to reveal himself. Until the seer reveals himself, or one of the two players that can view deceaseds' information and we can work on the voting pattern, no one else will earn any trust.

As soon as I am dead, Moses and Clover are going to have to either out themselves or wait for Snowball to out himself to determine any more trusted players.

If Clover and/or Moses don't utilize me soon, the odds greatly increase that either I or them will be dead. If they use me, they can continue to work at their night actions and eventually reveal themselves "again" later on, when they have learned more. If they do not use me, before I die, the best they can do is just reveal themselves later on.

Thinking all of this through, I think you have convinced me to vote for you by wanting them to sit on things, rather than take early action when the opportunity presents itself.

Vote Blade.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #656
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs, you pretty much have the same thought I do I think on this. I would encourage the people in those roles to follow through with your plan with the added things I mentioned in my post.

One thing, your vote for blade isn't bolded so wont count.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #657
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Basically, go look at brians vote for bek...my vote is exactly the same, i just spiced it up with some previous game facts. If you have better evidence against anyone, by all means lets hear it. I have none, so i followed my gut on someone and dug up enough evidence to sway some votes. If you have something better, im all ears. So far though, ive heared a whole lot of nothing.

I guess it just feels like werewolf racism to me.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #658
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sorry... I crashed.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #659
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vote Blade
Old 09-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #660
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anxiety..i understand you dont like it...so give me something to work with. Just blasting ideas doesnt help, give me a plausible idea and lets work.

You want something positive. Here's something. I Wasn't going to say this, but it might help. I was buttering him up yesterday evening, but I was beginning to suspect Lathum of being evil based on his moves last night and some of his comments. Check his posts and actions and see if they match up with Pilkerton or Squealer.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #661
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Hey guys...kind of a hectic afternoon for me...I've skimmed all the stuff, and I'm not saying its without merit (yet), but none of it sways me from my choice of Anxiety (yet). So for today...

VOTE ANXIETY

Welcome to my ass

Old 09-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #662
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I disagree completely Brian. These two end up being the key to us winning the game I bet. Unless we get lucky with seer views, I have a feeling that it will come down to what we learn from the roles of these victims.

If we have our roles come out on day 3 and reveal themselves, they become night targets and then what will we do day 6+?

The game is setup in a way that if some bad chance one of our important roles with this information die, the odds are their information will pass to the other (75%) so I completely disagree with your thoughs and personally say they should keep it to themselves and continue to build on what they know either till they have some game breaking discovery or until one of them dies and the risk of both dying and taking all the information to the grave becomes too great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanT
Swaggs, you pretty much have the same thought I do I think on this. I would encourage the people in those roles to follow through with your plan with the added things I mentioned in my post.

One thing, your vote for blade isn't bolded so wont count.

any reason for the change???
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:31 PM   #663
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I don't know where to send my vote. Any lobbyists want to convince me?

Old 09-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #664
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek View Post
any reason for the change???

No change, stop trying to defend Blade. reread my post. just like 4 or 5 posts up I said I still dont want our roles to out themselves and get themselves killed.

Telling swaggs privately however is an entirely different thing.. unless you arent on our side....

Or did you not even read my post?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #665
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Okay, I don't know where to send my vote. Any lobbyists want to convince me?

Blade.

He wants us to wait until days 6, 7, 8 to have our skilled players make any type of move. If we do that, we will have lynched 6 people and up to 6 (or more) will have been killed by the revolutionaries.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #666
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Here is what I said in regards to swaggs.. notice the bold part

Quote:
But Blade, I have argued at our roles coming out in the open, however the PM might not be a bad idea. Its not just 2 people here we are talking about finding out two roles, learning information about who voted for them and more importantly swaggs learns the identity of the person with that role and can try to safeguard them and more importantly it starts the circle of trust.

it doesnt give the wolves their identity, and the worst it does is uses up the PM power. there is nothing preventing their information being passed on later or them coming out in the open in a few days with a reveal and more info. also nothing preventing them from setting up some code to pass future info to swaggs in the clear.

Blade I think you are offbase here.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #667
Swaggs
Coordinator

Look, in my opinion it is simple... until the Snowball, Clover, or Moses out themselves, I am going to be the only truly trusted member. They can either wait and risk dying, or pass the information on to me, with the bodyguard protecting me, so that we can begin to build a circle.

The longer they wait to make a move, the more opportunity they have to gather information, but the more opportunity they have to get knocked off. They will be able to reveal themselves and their information to me and keep their identities a secret until they find something worthy of outting themselves.

This is probably the last chance I have to be protected by the bodyguard, so I think we should make it happen.

Blade disagrees and thinks it is a stupid idea. I don't see how and I think he is trying to prevent it from happening.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #668
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, the only problem I have with the PM plan is that there is no guarantee that you can be protected tonight.

1.) The bodyguard may have been killed
2.) The bodyguard may have guarded you last night

However, if the PMs ability is not lost if the intended target is night killed, then I'm definitely backing this idea. Path, can you shed some light on this dynamic?

Of course, you are painting a big bullseye on your back here - creating a very interesting risk/reward scenario for the Revolutionaries and/or Pilkerington.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #669
Bek
High School JV

i dont see a need in clover or moses relieving two people...it is too early in my eyes for key roles to start revealing themselves...and with only a single game pm, to me it just seems early...and i do apoligize for missing what you said, i was looking at the bigger picture...in one where i see the banyard animals coming out on top
Old 09-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #670
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs what is your feeling about Bek coming out against your idea supporting Blade? My thought is just misguided villager due to being RL friends with Blade.. I was a little offguard when he came out trying to attack me and misrepresenting what I said. You have any feel about him?
Old 09-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #671
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Of course, you are painting a big bullseye on your back here - creating a very interesting risk/reward scenario for the Revolutionaries and/or Pilkerington.

It's going to happen sooner or later. Might as well be useful while I can.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #672
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think its too early too. We have three reveals total. That's three goes in the bidet. Maybe a pm reveal through another as well. After that, we're done.

Now, if they have something good, then by all means reveal. If you have found that two baddies were lynched, then let us know.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #673
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In fact, I want Clover and Moses to NOT use the pm power on Swaggs tonight. He's painted too large a target on himself.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #674
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

But they aren't outing themselves, they arent losing their most important ability of scanning... they arent even prevented from passing further info to swaggs through some code....

What it does allow us to do is start building a circle of trust.. think how important it could be for us to know someone we lynched was a bad guy? We can start forming a circle of trust..

Right now I want to ask people who are wanting us to not send swaggs the info, how do you propose we form a circle of trust? Without knowing people's roles do you all feel we should just sit here and spin our wheels for 5-6 days while the wolves take potshots at us?

We have a way to provide our side info without giving it to the wolves.. I don't see why this is a bad idea.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #675
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs what is your feeling about Bek coming out against your idea supporting Blade? My thought is just misguided villager due to being RL friends with Blade.. I was a little offguard when he came out trying to attack me and misrepresenting what I said. You have any feel about him?

I'm guessing inexperience and buying into Blade's ideas, since they are friends.

I can't see sitting on a PM when you lose it, along with all of its info, when you die. Plus, Clover is not revealing himself, he is passing information to me, for me to share, while he stays hidden.

I feel this is our best bet because the bodyguard most likely protected me on Night 1, since I was outted, and then protected himself on Night 2, so he can protect me on Night 3. He also has a 50% chance to identify the attacker, so I feel pretty good about rolling the dice on this tonight.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #676
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I think its too early too. We have three reveals total. That's three goes in the bidet. Maybe a pm reveal through another as well. After that, we're done.

Now, if they have something good, then by all means reveal. If you have found that two baddies were lynched, then let us know.

Wrong. We potentially have 5 reveals.

The seer when they out themself.

Moses, via PM.

Moses when they out themself.

Clover, via PM.

Clover when they out themself.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #677
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, the night actions would be to send the PM. So at that point the dead-seers would have three people each. Starting to get a little deeper into the game at that point.

Additionally, they have the ability to come out with other information later in the game by posting it in the thread. So they lose the one-day PM ability, but not the ability to share updated information with us on a following day.

For what it is worth, I would advise the people with those roles to consider the two points I raised earlier about Swaggs' potential protection breakdown as factors on whether or not to pursue this option. I think it is great that Swaggs is willing to maximize his cleared status in this manner, but I also feel there is more risk here than he originally listed.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #678
Swaggs
Coordinator

As I said, odds are good that the bodyguard protected me on Day 1, since I was out. He or she can protect me again tonight and, if I am attacked, there is a 50% chance of the attacker being identified. That is a hell of a big risk for them to take tonight. They could lose a nightkill and lose a member to be indentified. We also could learn about roles.

At worst, I die. And I am probably likely to die anyway and you guys know that I am not the seer, or Moses or Clover.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #679
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anxiety, the night actions would be to send the PM. So at that point the dead-seers would have three people each. Starting to get a little deeper into the game at that point.

Additionally, they have the ability to come out with other information later in the game by posting it in the thread. So they lose the one-day PM ability, but not the ability to share updated information with us on a following day.

For what it is worth, I would advise the people with those roles to consider the two points I raised earlier about Swaggs' potential protection breakdown as factors on whether or not to pursue this option. I think it is great that Swaggs is willing to maximize his cleared status in this manner, but I also feel there is more risk here than he originally listed.

Hoops, my response to your question about the risk of sending it to swaggs...

Lets assume for a minute, the logical path is bodyguard protected swaggs night 1, and that means he can again tonight.

If worst case they didnt, and protected Swaggs night 2, it still gives the bad guys a huge risk of trying to kill swaggs in a chance that the bodyguard is there and not only does swaggs get the intended info, as well as finding out the identity of yet another bad guy.

My question for you hoops is, if we don't do the PM plan, at some point I find it likely swaggs will die.. who instead of swaggs will be in a position for this trust later? It would need to be someone with 100% trust, thus a revealed role. Someone can fake the seer since their words can't be verified till the next night. You can have the bodyguard out themselves, but that would be horrible.. Who else will be in a position like Swaggs is now to take advantage of this?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #680
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

The Rewards would be that we find out the roles of 2-3 people, could identify someone via the bodyguard, could block a nightkill, and could add to the circle of trust.

The Risks, in my eyes are that I die (but someone more valuable could live) and we lose the PM ability. If we lose the PM ability before establishing a circle of trust, it will be a crapshoot for them to use anyway.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:02 PM   #681
hoopsguy
General Manager

As far as today's vote, I'm not going after the leader Greyroofoo. I get where Blade is going with this vote but I don't see him as a more viable candidate than other low post count people.

Instead, I'm going to cast a vote on Bek to see what happens in the last hour here. No huge suspicion of him here, but his post count is low and I worry that even if he isn't evil his thoughts dovetail too closely with his buddy Blade. And that would just be a killer late in the game if Blade is evil and he keeps Bek around. So consider this vote a bit of a hedge, which makes as much sense as any strategy with the very limited information we currently possess.

VOTE BEK
Old 09-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #682
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs and AlanT - I'm with you on the rewards aspect of this. I'm behind the plan. I just want to make sure that the people who actually have to make this decision are doing it with their eyes wide open.

I would also love to have an answer from Path to the question I posed on what happens if the PM target is night-killed (can they pick another person later or is the PM ability permanently lost).
Old 09-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #683
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Makes sense to me of the reasons recently stated for voting for somebody.

Vote Bek

Old 09-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #684
Bek
High School JV

i didnt know being rl friends could be used against someone...but i see where you are coming from...and i can say that you cant be more wrong...i only agree with him..because at the moment that is all we had to go on...if i see something better then i will change...in fact, in previous games, i have gone against blade...why???...becase i thought he was wrong..
Old 09-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #685
Swaggs
Coordinator

hoops and Anxiety voting Bek smells off to me.

Hoops came to Anxiety's defense on day 1 and now they are both voting together for Bek to move things into a tie.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #686
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Current votes that I see it as of 683 are:

Current vote count:

Bek 3 -- BrianD (602), Hoops (681), Anxiet (683)
Dodgerchick 1 -- RealDeal (556)
BrianD 1 -- Alan T (567)
Anxiety 1 -- Passacaglia (646)
Blade 1 - Swaggs (659)

Not voting: ardent, Dodgerchick, Chubby, Greyroofoo,

I'm not sure if ardent is going to miss another vote, I hope not.. Right now though I feel my vote is wasted.. no one else really followed along with my thinking earlier... So I likely will move it somewhere that it makes more of a difference..

Right now I have a really strong concern about Blade's motivations so far this game, so I really don't want to vote for greyfooroo, but the only other choice I see right now is either vote Bek, who suddenly had a pile on or choose a different person with 1 vote and see if they get more..

I'll probably move my vote soon so I don't get caught in any deadline antics.. but I probably wouldn't think twice about voting for Bek after his blind backing of Blade today.. I'll think about it for a few minutes
Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #687
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bek, usually on Day 3 we would have more information and I could work on a better rationale for a vote. So I don't blame you in the least for being frustrated with the logic. But I'm sure Greyroofoo isn't all that thrilled with the logic behind Blade's argument, along with the people who followed it.

We really are playing blind here, much more than most werewolf games. I expect that to change at some point, but we do have to lynch someone today. I'm willing to be swayed by a good argument - from you or someone else.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #688
Swaggs
Coordinator

Unvote Blade

Vote Anxiety

I think I made the wrong move earlier.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #689
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
hoops and Anxiety voting Bek smells off to me.

Hoops came to Anxiety's defense on day 1 and now they are both voting together for Bek to move things into a tie.

I've already announced that hoops is on my trust list with you. You are not revealing anything I haven't already said.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #690
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't really get a strong feel about Anxiety being bad.. I don't really like where Blade is going so far with the discussion today, and don't really know if I want his candidate to win the lynch vote without knowing what I feel about him. Right noe the three people who are voting for Greyfooroo are three of the four people on my distrust list...

I think I'm going to vote for Bek to just try to block their move more than anything.. I find it highly unlikely that all three are wolves, but I wouldnt be suprised if one of the three or two are.

unvote BrianD
vote bek
Old 09-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #691
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, do you think Blade is the better vote than Bek in this case? I know you have your vote on Blade, but Bek followed pretty quickly behind him on Grey.

The easiest thing for anyone to do in this game is to follow your lead, as you are the known good. I certainly thought about doing so with Blade here today. But, for better or for worse, I tend to give him more leeway than most in games. Just like Blade is always suspicious of me, I'm usually working on theories why he is bad. But I'm a little less zealous of voting for him every day than he is with me.

As far as Anxiety goes, I'm not afraid of linkage with him at this point in the game. I could be reading him totally wrong, but I'm willing to take that risk. Which is more than I could say for a lot of people here - Anxiety has more posts than most and I've spent more time scrutinizing him than many of the others in this game.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #692
RealDeal
High School Varsity

unvote Dodgerchick

I still think she is a good candidate, due to her casting irrelevant votes and keeping a low profile, but I want my vote to matter, and it looks like she is not a real lynch candidate today.

I will throw my vote somewhere in a little while, as I watch this unfold a bit more.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #693
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is where I show the votes as of Post #692:

Bek 4 -- BrianD (602), Hoops (681), Anxiety (683), AlanT (690)
Anxiety 2 -- Passacaglia (646), Anxiety (688)

Not voting: ardent, Dodgerchick, Chubby, Greyroofoo, Anxiety, RealDeal
Old 09-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #694
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The second vote on Anxiety is swaggs I think instead of Anxiety voting for himself.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #695
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:

swaggs voted for anxiety, and anxiety did not vote for himself.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #696
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure how to view the movement behind on the Bek vote. The two people who followed me are people that I have higher on my (very subjective) trust list at the moment.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #697
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nah :: I think the voting for yourself thing is overdone and annoying.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #698
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure how to view the movement behind on the Bek vote. The two people who followed me are people that I have higher on my (very subjective) trust list at the moment.

Well for the record, Im not sure what to think of you right now hoops. I have a very hard time reading you in games, this one included. I have to think through everything you say and see if I can catch some alterior motive behind it...

The only reason I did my move is because I don't like who is voting for greyfooroo.

Its pretty easy right now to see what my distrust list is, and the majority of them are on that person right now. Like I said earlier, I would rather vote for Blade over Bek, but right now I don't think letting the person those three are voting for get lynched is a good idea.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #699
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thanks for the catch, guys.

I have another thought on tonight's vote, although I'm not wild about it. Ardent missed the vote yesterday and is 35 minutes from missing again today. Normally that means the moderator has to go hunting for a replacement player. The last thing I want to do is keep AE from playing the game and having some outlet for fun while he is serving in Africa. But if his schedule is doing exactly that, then perhaps he becomes a better candidate than what I admit is a stab in the dark at Bek.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #700
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess to clarify myself , I don't -think- you're bad hoops.. but as we talked before in a previous game.. I'm usually pretty wrong about you. I voted for you day 1 mainly for a reason to have a vote, but since then I think most of your arguements have been pretty sound.. I don't agree I think with everything you said, but I can see you have some reasons for saying it even if a different opinon.