Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #6851
Butter
Coordinator

The fight against Trump has become something akin to a fight for facts. We have to prove that there is a set of facts that constitute "truth". And no matter what stupid bullshit he has to say, there is still one unquestionable set of circumstances that has actually occurred which makes up reality.

It's really really really stupid that it has come to this. But letting any of his stupid "jokes" or offhand comments slide in the name of "hey, we should just go after the important stuff" then just validates that he can indeed shape some of the less important reality into things that are not actually true.

Nope. Every single falsehood needs to be called out and reported. I don't care if it causes fatigue. It should. It is ridiculous that our country has come to this. But the stupidity of it needs put front and center every day if that's what it takes.

Last edited by Butter : 10-11-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #6852
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Nope. Every single falsehood needs to be called out and reported. I don't care if it causes fatigue. It should. It is ridiculous that our country has come to this. But the stupidity of it needs put front and center every day if that's what it takes.

This.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #6853
PilotMan
Head Coach

I wonder if Trump is going to blast the Boy Scouts for being PC with their announcement today?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #6854
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I wonder if Trump is going to blast the Boy Scouts for being PC with their announcement today?

His son is already on the case.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #6855
Drake
assmaster

As a current Den leader, I can practically guarantee you that this has nothing to do with being PC. It has more to do with declining membership, little sisters being dragged along by single parents because there's nowhere else to go for an hour, etc., etc., and related resource issues (of the human capital kind) in local operations than anything else. Think "family friendly" rather than "girl friendly", because honestly, we're competing with sports, churches, and other after school activities for your kids time and attention if we want the organization to survive for another 100 years.

Maybe larger communities don't have as much of a problem getting people to volunteer, but in my town, Boy Scouts had been defunct for a decade prior to last year because there weren't enough boys and their parents interested in doing the work.

So, bottom line for me on all the people complaining about it is this: if you're not willing to give up one night a week plus prep time to do something like teach a bunch of rowdy 10-11 y.o. boys to set shit on fire and dual wield pocket knives without anybody getting killed, then you don't get a vote on whether or not this is a good idea or whether or not it was a needed step.

I'm just hoping we get some fucking cookie-selling reciprocity out of this deal, because thirty-bucks-a-bag popcorn is some fucking bullshit.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #6856
Drake
assmaster

* yeah, I'm teaching your kids. That's what happens when qualified people don't volunteer, motherfuckers.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:23 PM   #6857
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
* yeah, I'm teaching your kids. That's what happens when qualified people don't volunteer, motherfuckers.

You remind me of the SNL Peyton Manning commercial
Old 10-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #6858
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
As a current Den leader, I can practically guarantee you that this has nothing to do with being PC. It has more to do with declining membership, little sisters being dragged along by single parents because there's nowhere else to go for an hour, etc., etc., and related resource issues (of the human capital kind) in local operations than anything else. Think "family friendly" rather than "girl friendly", because honestly, we're competing with sports, churches, and other after school activities for your kids time and attention if we want the organization to survive for another 100 years.

Maybe larger communities don't have as much of a problem getting people to volunteer, but in my town, Boy Scouts had been defunct for a decade prior to last year because there weren't enough boys and their parents interested in doing the work.

So, bottom line for me on all the people complaining about it is this: if you're not willing to give up one night a week plus prep time to do something like teach a bunch of rowdy 10-11 y.o. boys to set shit on fire and dual wield pocket knives without anybody getting killed, then you don't get a vote on whether or not this is a good idea or whether or not it was a needed step.

I'm just hoping we get some fucking cookie-selling reciprocity out of this deal, because thirty-bucks-a-bag popcorn is some fucking bullshit.

My son got a few drops of blood on the middle school cafeteria floor trying to whittle some soap...

But yeah. I wound up being a sort of assistant den leader for a couple of years of Cub Scouts. And an assistant soccer coach. Now I'm a band treasurer. And I'm a parent who typically tries to dodge things.

Regarding the state of scouting in general, my son was in it for a while but at some point it got pushed down then dropped from the list. I felt like he didn't necessarily need extra direction, had enough going on with school and extra-curriculars to keep him occupied.

I think my daughter would have preferred Boy Scouts to Girl Scouts. Some of the GS stuff was absolutely pointless. Like, "hey girls, color this stuff for a while while we figure out how the hell we're supposed to sell all these cookies."
Old 10-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #6859
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump is such a bullshitter. Tonight he said that the 5.2 trillion made on the stock market is actually a reduction to the national debt.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #6860
kingfc22
Head Coach

The ever aspiring dictator continues to ramp up his rhetoric to squash free press because that is as American as it gets...

Last edited by kingfc22 : 10-11-2017 at 09:50 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:26 PM   #6861
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Trump's let the Jones Act exemption expire for Puerto Rico; still no electricity, still not a lot of clean water or food. Body count is already trending up and will probably keep growing.

Sad state of affairs.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:55 PM   #6862
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump is such a bullshitter. Tonight he said that the 5.2 trillion made on the stock market is actually a reduction to the national debt.

I'm shocked that the man who took hid Daddy's money and bankrupted himself over and over doesn't understand basic economics.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:56 AM   #6863
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump's latest tirade on PR is really awful. Basically it's, fuck you guys, we're going home.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #6864
molson
General Manager

Are the PR threats just one of Trump's "obvious jokes" that we shouldn't pay attention too?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #6865
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Are the PR threats just one of Trump's "obvious jokes" that we shouldn't pay attention too?

He got the message across to his base (boo Hispanics!). And his PR people can tell the rest of us to lighten up.

Americans are dying, and he's not even pretending to care. Indeed, he's going out of his way to show that he does not. And the worst part is that that's probably the right thing for a GOP politician to do in 2017.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #6866
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump's latest tirade on PR is really awful. Basically it's, fuck you guys, we're going home.

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #6867
Logan
Head Coach

Just another joke I'm sure. And certainly not that he has zero clue about what it actually was.

A good case to be fired for disrespecting the flag.

Watch Trump and His Entire Crowd Joke and Laugh Through Solemn Military Flag Ceremony

Last edited by Logan : 10-12-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #6868
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #6869
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

No which is kind of the point I was making. When the media runs non-stop IQ, golf score, etc BREAKING NEWS and then throws this in it just makes his supporters think he is a target. Butter and others gave me the response I expected where they were defensive and said I called them Sheep but my point was actually the exact opposite. Don't take the bait on the NFL shit, don't get all worked up about his golfing or his IQ nonsense. Call him out on Puerto Rico, his recklessness on North Korea, etc... Anti-Obama people did the same thing with the birth certificate, being outraged at him hanging with celebrities, etc and it grew tiresome. I just think if you went through the 138 pages of this thread about 50+% is trivial nonsense and just feeds into his base who think the media is just out to get him.

Whatever though I'm no fan of Trump and am not defending any of his dumb jokes and reckless presidency I just think the pushback on every single thing he does runs the high risk of him getting reelected.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #6870
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Just another joke I'm sure. And certainly not that he has zero clue about what it actually was.

A good case to be fired for disrespecting the flag.

Watch Trump and His Entire Crowd Joke and Laugh Through Solemn Military Flag Ceremony

It is far more disrespectful for the Commander in Chief to not acknowledge revelry or retreat than a football player to kneel during the anthem. He lost any standing he had with NFL players but I don't doubt his supporters understand or care.

A lack of outrage here does nothing but confirm its about taking down millionaire black athletes and not about the flag or anthem.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #6871
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
No which is kind of the point I was making. When the media runs non-stop IQ, golf score, etc BREAKING NEWS and then throws this in it just makes his supporters think he is a target. Butter and others gave me the response I expected where they were defensive and said I called them Sheep but my point was actually the exact opposite. Don't take the bait on the NFL shit, don't get all worked up about his golfing or his IQ nonsense. Call him out on Puerto Rico, his recklessness on North Korea, etc... Anti-Obama people did the same thing with the birth certificate, being outraged at him hanging with celebrities, etc and it grew tiresome. I just think if you went through the 138 pages of this thread about 50+% is trivial nonsense and just feeds into his base who think the media is just out to get him.

Whatever though I'm no fan of Trump and am not defending any of his dumb jokes and reckless presidency I just think the pushback on every single thing he does runs the high risk of him getting reelected.

I see your point, and I sort of agree with it when it comes to right-leaning, on the fence voters, but his supporters are going to stick with him unless he suddenly changes parties. They've been willing to stick with him through everything else, including quite a few flip-flops, and will continue to say the media is after him even if the targeting is reduced. That 37-38% is locked in no matter what.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #6872
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

mckerney: That gif is great.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #6873
BYU 14
Coordinator

White House Lawyer Denies Trump Team Is Considering Interview With Mueller

Quote:
Cobb was brought in over the summer to handle matters involving Mueller’s investigation. Trump also has a team of private attorneys, including John M. Dowd and Jay Sekulow.

While any interview with Trump would be granted in hopes of removing the cloud of suspicion hanging over his presidency, meeting with Mueller could carry legal risks for the Republican.

“Nobody in the White House would be this stupid,” Cobb told TheDC.

He does realize who he works for right?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #6874
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

That Mueller is simply doing his thing in quiet has to be disturbing for Trump.

Trump does so much better when he's fighting. And his enemies tend to play into that because they are other politicians or people who otherwise want the spotlight that open conflict brings.

I don't think he knows what to do with an enemy who shuns the cameras.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #6875
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Either that or he left out a massive increase in capital gains taxes when talking about his tax plan.

Also on Trump's tax speech, truck drivers in this country must be doing way better than I'd if they are cheering on the elimination of the estate tax.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #6876
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Remember that he also attended New York Military Academy.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:02 PM   #6877
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

I'm sure it has nothing to do with race.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #6878
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post

Remember that he also attended New York Military Academy.

Boy, I guess the NFL is is the hook because I'm sure the "Respect the Flag" crowd is going to be absolutely furious about this one.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #6879
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It is far more disrespectful for the Commander in Chief to not acknowledge revelry or retreat than a football player to kneel during the anthem. He lost any standing he had with NFL players but I don't doubt his supporters understand or care.

A lack of outrage here does nothing but confirm its about taking down millionaire black athletes and not about the flag or anthem.

The guy trashed John McCain's service and belittled a Gold Star family. It's never been about "patriotism".
Old 10-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #6880
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Boy, I guess the NFL is is the hook because I'm sure the "Respect the Flag" crowd is going to be absolutely furious about this one.

Nope. Here is what they are saying; "This is neither the national anthem, nor is it a ceremony. It is background music. But leave it to libs to twist facts that have no relation with the issue at-hand. Typical."

It's so funny and sad that these individuals can't see past their own ignorance (and/or hatred).

Last edited by kingfc22 : 10-12-2017 at 05:16 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #6881
Drake
assmaster

...but, but, Obama saluted that guy with the wrong hand while holding coffee and trying to stuff his birth certificate into his pants where no one would see it...
Old 10-12-2017, 09:25 PM   #6882
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I see this anger in a lot of my HS friends.

donald-trump-twitter-damaging-republican-character
Old 10-13-2017, 06:24 AM   #6883
Edward64
Head Coach

Didn't know about this, its an interesting possibility but would say fat chance of it happening.

I do like to think that Pence, Ryan, McConnell has something drawn up ready for signatures though.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/politi...air/index.html
Quote:
Washington (CNN)Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon has privately confided that he believes President Donald Trump only has a 30% chance of completing his full term, a source told Vanity Fair.

According to two of Vanity Fair's sources with knowledge of the conversation, Bannon warned Trump several months ago that the biggest threat to his presidency is not impeachment by Congress, but the 25th Amendment -- which could allow his Cabinet to vote to remove him.

CNN has been unable to independently confirm these reported conversations. Bannon could not be reached for comment.

The 25th Amendment to the Constitution is a measure that establishes a system for replacing the president or vice president in case there is a death, removal, resignation or incapacitation.

Also, if the vice president "and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide" make a "written declaration that the president is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the vice president shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as acting president."

The 25th Amendment was adopted following the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963.

According to the two sources who spoke to Vanity Fair, when Bannon raised the 25th Amendment as a concern, Trump responded by asking, "What's that?"

Bannon was fired from the White House in August.

The report comes amid a public feud between Trump and Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tennessee, who is retiring from Congress after 2018. The two have gone back and forth via Twitter, and Corker told The New York Times that he thinks Trump could take the US "on the path to World War III."

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-13-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:59 AM   #6884
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

According to the CBO, Trump ending CSR payments to insurance companies will mean fewer covered, higher premiums and an increase in the deficit.

He hit for the cycle!
Old 10-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #6885
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

wtf?

Quote:
Alabama’s state constitution still contains the following language:

“Separate schools shall be provided for white and colored children, and no child of either race shall be permitted to attend a school of the other race.”
Old 10-13-2017, 08:26 AM   #6886
molson
General Manager

My state's criminal code still has statutes making premarital sex and adultery illegal, but those statutes aren't actually enforceable in 2017. The state legislature would have to actually pass new legislation to remove those kinds of statutes, and Alabama would actually have to go through whatever process they use to amend their constitution to clean remnants like that out of them. It'd be nice if state legislatures took some time to do those things, but for whatever reason it rarely happens.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #6887
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The only reason I found out about this is that Roy Moore led the fight against removing it a few years ago.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #6888
BYU 14
Coordinator

Watching him speak to the values voter summit one has to wonder. 1-When will people finally tire of his broad generalizations with no facts. "We are making great strides against ISIS, great strides, I don't know if you have noticed.....great strides" SMH.

And two, how can folks listen to him talk about morals with a straight face when he is literally devoid of morals. Just spouts whatever bullshit will appeal to his audience du jour.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #6889
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Old 10-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #6890
molson
General Manager

I think it's possible that Trump STILL doesn't understand that Puerto Ricans are natural-born U.S. citizens. Or that people keep telling him that but his brain isn't able to retain that information.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #6891
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

As Rick Wilson said, he sees them as sea-Mexicans.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #6892
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
wtf?

Until 2002 the Oregon constitution contained the words “no free Negro, or mulatto . . . shall come, reside, or be within this State, or hold any real estate.”, and even when it was put to vote in 2002, 30% of the state population still voted AGAINST removing that language.

...but plenty of folks still think oppression is imaginary. Go figure.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #6893
mckerney
Coordinator

McMaster Wants to Save the Iran Deal by Hiding It From Trump

This all seems fine.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-13-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #6894
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Not to mention the fact that Hannity is providing consultation to Trump. No fucking agenda there.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #6895
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
I think it's possible that Trump STILL doesn't understand that Puerto Ricans are natural-born U.S. citizens. Or that people keep telling him that but his brain isn't able to retain that information.

I think that's the case. He goes along with it because everyone keeps telling him that Puerto Rico is a part of the US, but he just can't seem to grasp the concept.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:50 PM   #6896
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

After Trump Travel Ban, Chad Pulls Troops From Boko Haram Fight in Niger

Lost the support of one of the strongest militaries in Africa because of the Travel ban. Not good considering we just lost 4 soldiers in Niger this week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nce/index.html
Old 10-13-2017, 10:54 PM   #6897
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
After Trump Travel Ban, Chad Pulls Troops From Boko Haram Fight in Niger

Lost the support of one of the strongest militaries in Africa because of the Travel ban. Not good considering we just lost 4 soldiers in Niger this week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nce/index.html

The world finally respects us again!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:57 PM   #6898
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

:shakes head: Fuckin' Chad.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:23 AM   #6899
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Watching him speak to the values voter summit one has to wonder. 1-When will people finally tire of his broad generalizations with no facts. "We are making great strides against ISIS, great strides, I don't know if you have noticed.....great strides" SMH.

And two, how can folks listen to him talk about morals with a straight face when he is literally devoid of morals. Just spouts whatever bullshit will appeal to his audience du jour.

The people buying that kool-aid are remarkably stupid. Results really don't matter. Guy was right that he could shoot a person on the street and not lose a vote.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #6900
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Guy was right that he could shoot a person on the street and not lose a vote.

Depends on who he shoots.

edit: Hell, we still don't have an end to Obamacare, we still don't have significant improvement in the invasion of illegals.
He doesn't have to shoot anybody to lose this vote.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-14-2017 at 12:47 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote