Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #6801
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Sooo jealous as well. I am the worst goddamn sleeper in the world, and I ended up in the hospital for something unrelated a couple days recently. Seemed like a good time/place to give the ol' Ambien a try. They gave me one, and it didn't do a damn thing for me. I need some horse tranqs or something.

For me, the normal Ambien doesn't work, they have me on 12 mg of Ambien CR, so it's a continuous release throughout the system all night long...keeps me out.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #6802
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm so glad that this shit is blowing up in Paula Deen's face. She seems like absolutely the most fake person ever. It's not her duty to disclose she has diabetes, but it certainly would have been reasonable to assume that she would have tailed off from the country high fat, high sugar shit she's been slinging. Especially since the diagnosis. She basically has to be soulless at this point.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #6803
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm so glad that this shit is blowing up in Paula Deen's face. She seems like absolutely the most fake person ever. It's not her duty to disclose she has diabetes, but it certainly would have been reasonable to assume that she would have tailed off from the country high fat, high sugar shit she's been slinging. Especially since the diagnosis. She basically has to be soulless at this point.

Yeah, when that came out a few days ago my first thought was "What a bitch." She pushes food that (I suppose arguably) causes diabetes and would kill a diabetic with one fork or spoon full while having the disease, but keeps that shit quiet until she makes a deal with a drug company to push their diabetes pills....yup, she's pretty much a bitch.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #6804
Suicane75
Coordinator

She shows you how to bake shit. Get over it.

Edit: I mean, if you watch more than 5 minutes of any her shows you know she's clearly a mental case anyway.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 01-19-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #6805
JediKooter
Coordinator

Wait, she forces people to eat the stuff she shows you how to make?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #6806
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

so i'm getting spider veins in my leg, which as any woman will tell you, is dead fucking sexy.

dear dna,

cut the shit. seriously.

regards,
the rest of you
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #6807
JediKooter
Coordinator

Wait until you get some on your nose.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #6808
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

airlines piss me off: searching flights from PHL to TUL. Cheapest ($418) forces me to have a layover in Newark, but if I try to just fly from Newark to TUL only, it costs thousands. I live halfway between PHL and EWR, so I have to drive to PHL just to fly to EWR. Makes no sense.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #6809
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
airlines piss me off: searching flights from PHL to TUL. Cheapest ($418) forces me to have a layover in Newark, but if I try to just fly from Newark to TUL only, it costs thousands. I live halfway between PHL and EWR, so I have to drive to PHL just to fly to EWR. Makes no sense.

PHL==Philadelphia?

TUL & EWR==you got me

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #6810
MJ4H
Coordinator

Beat VVVVVV today. Felt pretty good. Game is ^%$*^* hard.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #6811
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
PHL==Philadelphia?

TUL & EWR==you got me
TUL == Tulsa
EWR == Newark

So he could just drive to Newark and fly from there, but it would cost several times more. Instead, he has to drive to Philly, fly to Newark (which must be a really, really short flight), and then fly from Newark to Tulsa just to get a reasonable cost.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #6812
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Beat VVVVVV today. Felt pretty good. Game is ^%$*^* hard.

nice! Yes that game looks impossible. SO you might be ready for "I wanna be the guy!"
IWBTG! A Very Hard Game About a Boy and 8-bit Masochism!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #6813
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

Another industry that continues to try to use a mid 20th century business model.

Had to fly from San Diego to St. Louis. What was the route? San Diego to Atlanta and then to St. Louis. Sorry airlines, you get no sympathy from me when you say fuel charges are hurting your bottom line.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #6814
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

For the next few weeks, I am bowling in Pittsburgh on Wednesday nights. The lanes are about 20 minutes from where I work, so it's easy for me. Unfortunately, I left my wrist brace at the lanes last night, and I hadn't realized it until I was checking my bag tonight before my Thursday practice near home, about an hour away from Pittsburgh. On the bright side, I do have an old wrist brace to use as a backup tonight, but I haven't worn it in months, and I have to get used to it again. On top of that, I need to go pick up the one I left in Pittsburgh after work tomorrow, which will add 40 minutes to my drive home, as it's the opposite direction from where I live.

I'm going to light myself on fire.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #6815
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
How about the sign for infinity ∞ ? With a vertical line on the left side of the left circle, and another vertical line in the middle? That makes a "bb".

I chose the infinity symbol because of the name of your business.

That's a pretty interesting idea. Thanks. I'll play around with it to see how it looks.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #6816
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

Pumpy Tudors in... Man on Fire.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #6817
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
For the next few weeks, I am bowling in Pittsburgh on Wednesday nights. The lanes are about 20 minutes from where I work, so it's easy for me. Unfortunately, I left my wrist brace at the lanes last night, and I hadn't realized it until I was checking my bag tonight before my Thursday practice near home, about an hour away from Pittsburgh. On the bright side, I do have an old wrist brace to use as a backup tonight, but I haven't worn it in months, and I have to get used to it again. On top of that, I need to go pick up the one I left in Pittsburgh after work tomorrow, which will add 40 minutes to my drive home, as it's the opposite direction from where I live.

Please take pics for the cool pic thread
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #6818
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Do we have a cool pics thread?

Using my old wrist brace, I actually bowled pretty well. My high game was a 277 where I strung the first 9 strikes together. A small crowd starting cheering for me in hopes that I would get my first perfect game, but I screwed up the 10th frame. Bummer. A couple of games later, I hit the first 7 strikes and crapped out again.

So tell me more about this cool pics thread.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #6819
spleen1015
Coordinator

What do you guys think of changing the teams in which you are fan of?

I became a Redskins fan because I lived in DC when my interest in football started. Having lived in Indy for the last 13 years, I'm a Colts fan now and I don't think I'm much of a Skins fan anymore. My interested has dropped way off since Gibbs left the 2nd time.

Is it okay to change teams?

I've stayed a Duke fan and an Orioles fan, so I don't think I'm a habitual bandwagon jumper or anything.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #6820
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Where in Pittsburgh...I'm not above stalking!

And then posting to the cool pics thread
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #6821
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What do you guys think of changing the teams in which you are fan of? ... Is it okay to change teams?

I think you mostly are what you are. If that's changed, then it's changed, might as well own it afaic.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #6822
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I think it's fine, personally. When I moved to the Pittsburgh area, I became a Pirates fan. I used to be a Cardinals fan, but that changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Where in Pittsburgh...I'm not above stalking!

And then posting to the cool pics thread
Arsenal Lanes in Lawrenceville. Limited engagement. January and February only. Of course, I can be found bowling in Greensburg two to four nights a week all year long!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #6823
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

and what is this damn cool pics thread yall keep referencing
Old 01-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #6824
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
and what is this damn cool pics thread yall keep referencing

It's supposed to be top secret. They label it something like "MLB Current Season Thread" to make sure nobody finds it by accident.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #6825
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It's supposed to be top secret. They label it something like "MLB Current Season Thread" to make sure nobody finds it by accident.
oh hell no i aint clickin that
Old 01-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #6826
Autumn
Head Coach

They're devilishly clever.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #6827
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Bum Farto
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #6828
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
What do you guys think of changing the teams in which you are fan of?

I became a Redskins fan because I lived in DC when my interest in football started. Having lived in Indy for the last 13 years, I'm a Colts fan now and I don't think I'm much of a Skins fan anymore. My interested has dropped way off since Gibbs left the 2nd time.

I've stayed a Duke fan and an Orioles fan, so I don't think I'm a habitual bandwagon jumper or anything.

I think it's okay in the situation you've described or in any situation where a personal change has led to you gravitating towards another team. As long as you have at least one team you've stayed loyal to, or not changed fandom to another team, I think you're in the clear.

Like you pointed out, the bandwagon jumpers are a different story. I had a friend back in high school who was like that. He moved from trendy team to trendy team and it annoyed the crap out of me.

He did it after high school too, like in 2004 he suddenly became a Red Sox fan and when the Saints won the Super Bowl, he became a Saints fan just like that.

His fandom I don't take seriously. Yours is a completely different situation.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #6829
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I think it's fine. I agree with Jon on this.

I wish I could change teams, but if I haven't dumped the Lions at this point, it's very likely that I am incapable of changing teams.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #6830
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I think it's fine. I agree with Jon on this.

I wish I could change teams, but if I haven't dumped the Lions at this point, it's very likely that I am incapable of changing teams.
SELL HIGH!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #6831
JediKooter
Coordinator

Was Pumpy in the audience?

Video: Kathy Griffin Awkwardly Strips Down on 'Letterman' - Yahoo! TV

Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #6832
Autumn
Head Coach

Pumpy *was* the audience.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #6833
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Pumpy *was* the audience.

Now we know why he left his wrist brace in Pittsburgh.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #6834
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Now we know why he left his wrist brace in Pittsburgh.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #6835
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Upgraded from my 6 year old 32" Polaroid HDTV to a 47" Vizio 1080P, I am happy....I have release many fluids in the past couple of hours...I am off to release more while gaming on it......
Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #6836
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hollywood Undead lyrics make me LOL.

Just nearly strangulated on a cup of coffee listening to "Comin' In Hot"
Old 01-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #6837
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Between tonight's Grimm and Portlandia, I just saw my existence on display tonight, places where I shop, the crappy Battery Exchange where I bought a car battery 6 months ago, the restaurant around the corner, my walk home, the 1st floor of my apartment building, all the way down to my exact parking space. Slightly surreal.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-21-2012 at 03:53 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #6838
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
nice! Yes that game looks impossible. SO you might be ready for "I wanna be the guy!"
IWBTG! A Very Hard Game About a Boy and 8-bit Masochism!

I'll try to beat I Wanna Be the Guy right after I finish getting A+ on all Super Meat Boy levels and get Double S+ in Dustforce.

Or maybe if I can even unlock The Kid in SMB.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #6839
MJ4H
Coordinator

I'm actually still working on collecting the shiny trinkets from vvvvvv. 15/20 so far.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #6840
molson
General Manager

I actually enjoy doing my taxes. It's interesting. I should have been a tax attorney maybe.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #6841
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Between tonight's Grimm and Portlandia, I just saw my existence on display tonight, places where I shop, the crappy Battery Exchange where I bought a car battery 6 months ago, the restaurant around the corner, my walk home, the 1st floor of my apartment building, all the way down to my exact parking space. Slightly surreal.

That's cool.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #6842
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I was bowling in Pittsburgh this weekend, but unfortunately, my dreams of Pumpy showing up randomly did not materialize. I should have told him that I was going to be in Pittsburgh to see if he wanted to meet up.

Quote:
I think it's fine, personally. When I moved to the Pittsburgh area, I became a Pirates fan. I used to be a Cardinals fan, but that changed.

Arsenal Lanes in Lawrenceville. Limited engagement. January and February only. Of course, I can be found bowling in Greensburg two to four nights a week all year long!

I don't remember for sure, but Arsenal Lanes sounds familiar, that could have been where I bowled. It was definitely in Lawrenceville, though.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #6843
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I don't remember for sure, but Arsenal Lanes sounds familiar, that could have been where I bowled. It was definitely in Lawrenceville, though.
I think Arsenal Lanes is the only place to bowl in Lawrenceville. I'm not a big fan of Arsenal Lanes, so I'm glad I'm only there for six more weeks.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #6844
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Apparently they killed off most of the people from the first GIJOE movie and more or less rebooted it with the Rock and Bruce Willis. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #6845
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Apparently they killed off most of the people from the first GIJOE movie and more or less rebooted it with the Rock and Bruce Willis. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Watch the trailer, it looks cartoonishly amazing.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #6846
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
Watch the trailer, it looks cartoonishly amazing.

Yeah, i watched it a couple times. I agree
Old 01-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #6847
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Having an air hockey table is definitely one of those "sounds better than it is" things.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:44 AM   #6848
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Having an air hockey table is definitely one of those "sounds better than it is" things.

Good to know. There have been quite a few times when I nearly bought one on a whim.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #6849
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Agree...however a pool table and an arcade console...whole 'nother story.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #6850
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I think I may be scarred for life.

Originally seen on I’d Rather Listen to This Than the Original – Whatever

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote