Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #6801
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
He knew what was going to happen, he went anyway under the pretense that he was there for Manning's jersey retirement, then he walked out and made sure to get a statement out to the press. He's a grandstanding opportunist jackass.

Lots of grandstanding on both sides then.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #6802
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Pence has every right to do whatever he wants, but I'd also argue that he took an oath to govern the entire country and shouldn't be going out of his way to
publicly take sides on pop culture boolshit, especially when he had to know it was coming and he could've so easily chosen to make any kind of more reasonable, more direct & less infantile response to the issue beforehand.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-08-2017 at 03:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #6803
Edward64
Head Coach

Love it. I predict comedians are going to have fun next week.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politi...ets/index.html
Quote:
"Senator Bob Corker 'begged' me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said 'NO' and he dropped out (said he could not win without..." Trump wrote in a series of three consecutive tweets. "..my endorsement). He also wanted to be Secretary of State, I said "NO THANKS." He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!"

"...Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn't have the guts to run!" Trump added.

Corker responded shortly after: "It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning," Corker wrote.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #6804
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
I held out hope that Pence was an actual adult in part due to knowing someone who worked for him in Indiana. I guess it's time to admit he's nothing more than a grandstanding political opportunist.

Vice President Pence walks out of Colts game over 49ers’ national anthem protests - The Washington Post

He wasted at least a quarter million in taxpayer money over a publicity stunt.

His own office mentioned that he had to be at a California fundraiser @6:30, meaning that it was planned in advance.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #6805
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

They supported a man who denigrated John McCain's service and belittled a gold star family. Can't play the patriotism card anymore. Not buying it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #6806
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Lots of grandstanding on both sides then.

Only one of which is in an official position associated with governing (the whole) country. It's most decidedly not the Government's or it's members job to essentially protest the protest.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:36 PM   #6807
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Pence has every right to do whatever he wants, but I'd also argue that he took an oath to govern the entire country and shouldn't be going out of his way to
publicly take sides on pop culture boolshit, especially when he had to know it was coming and he could've so easily chosen to make any kind of more reasonable, more direct & less infantile response to the issue beforehand.

I don't care if he speaks out on pop culture shit but don't waste a ton of taxpayer money doing it.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #6808
sabotai
General Manager

Was Pence even actually at the game!?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...est/744447001/

Quote:
Mike Pence tweeted a photo of him and his wife Karen Pence before the Colts game against the 49ers Sunday. Then, he left the game over anthem protests. There's plenty of discussion about that.

But let's look at this tweet for a minute.

If that picture looked familiar...it's because he's used it before. He tweeted the same picture in 2014.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #6809
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Only one of which is in an official position associated with governing (the whole) country. It's most decidedly not the Government's or it's members job to essentially protest the protest.

I think we can find precedence where members of government of both parties in the Executive and Legislative branches "protested the protest" in the past.

I would agree that its not government members job to be "full time " (or spend the majority of their time) protesting the protest.

Now if you want to say its wasting tax payers dollars, that is an angle I can maybe support (but don't know all the details yet).
Old 10-08-2017, 05:18 PM   #6810
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Was Pence even actually at the game!?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...est/744447001/

There's another picture of him at the game and he's in different clothes.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #6811
digamma
Torchbearer

The first tweet where he used the picture was sent this morning saying he was excited to go to the game. It's weird to use the same picture but I don't think he was trying to pawn it off as live action.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #6812
BYU 14
Coordinator

Some reporters have said they were told to wait outside because Pence wasn't going to be there for long. So if true this was an orchestrated move on his part because he knew Niners would kneel, which is much different than a genuine (which this fucking administration knows nothing about) and spontaneous response to an act that offended his patriotic sensibilities. In other words just as fake as his boss.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #6813
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

This whole thing is like a magician telling you to look over here while they do the trick where you aren't looking. This administration is great at this.

They're purposefully beating this dead horse because it draws the most attention. In the meantime, its less time that people are talking about the failures in Puerto Rico, the failures with repealing Obamacare, the ridiculous tax reform that they are trying to push, and anything else they don't want you scrutinizing too hard.

That's how the Repubs obtained their base and how Trump eventually took over that base as he's been the master of that tactic for decades.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:45 PM   #6814
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
This whole thing is like a magician telling you to look over here while they do the trick where you aren't looking. This administration is great at this.

They're purposefully beating this dead horse because it draws the most attention. In the meantime, its less time that people are talking about the failures in Puerto Rico, the failures with repealing Obamacare, the ridiculous tax reform that they are trying to push, and anything else they don't want you scrutinizing too hard.

That's how the Repubs obtained their base and how Trump eventually took over that base as he's been the master of that tactic for decades.

I don't think it's some magic act. His base cares more about the racist stuff than it does anything else.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #6815
cuervo72
Head Coach

Bob Corker Says Trump’s Recklessness Threatens β€˜World War III’ - The New York Times
Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #6816
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
That graphic — complete with the appropriate social media information — was the tail end of a thread of tweets that conveyed the same message. The thread began at 1:08 p.m., without a typo to be found.

This reinforces the obvious conclusion that Pence’s appearance at the game and his well-coordinated exit from it was staged. It was a Colts-Niners game — pitting his home-state team against the team from the liberal hotbed where the players’ protests over racial violence began. Pence’s press pool was informed that, in essence, there probably wasn’t any reason for them to join him inside the stadium. Why get out of your press van when Pence would go in, take a quick patriotic picture, and leave?

Quote:
Pence’s flight to Indianapolis was planned for weeks; his social-media response ready to go with a graphic immediately after he left the stadium. It’s an impressive level of preparation for an administration, as it turns out, focused on goading the president’s base into anger at black athletes.

It’s not the cost of Pence’s trip that was galling. It was the preparation for it. - The Washington Post
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:42 PM   #6817
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So Lindsey Graham tweeted that Trump shot a 73 in windy and wet conditions.

We really are becoming North Korea.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:46 PM   #6818
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Well, he's certainly had enough practice time.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #6819
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It was only a 9 hole course
Old 10-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #6820
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It's really really sad isn't it? Who in the world would read that tweet and be like "fuck yeah the Donald tore it up"? Not even republicans could they?

I always look for a conspiracy/other side is it possible Graham was sent out there to golf and told to tweet to stroke his ego and push off World War III for another couple weeks?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #6821
Thomkal
Head Coach

Looks like Corker was right about adult day care:

White House aides lean on delays and distraction to manage Trump - POLITICO
Old 10-10-2017, 08:07 AM   #6822
Logan
Head Coach

Don't worry, he's still focused on the important issues, like seemingly taking to Twitter to change the NFL's tax-exempt status that was already changed two years ago.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #6823
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

From what I've heard, Trump is actually a really good golfer. 73 does not seem improbable if that's true.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #6824
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Don't worry, he's still focused on the important issues, like seemingly taking to Twitter to change the NFL's tax-exempt status that was already changed two years ago.
And don't forget comparing IQ tests with his Secretary Of State!
Old 10-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #6825
digamma
Torchbearer

Whatever Corker said a couple of days ago about the White House babysitting crew seems doubly true this morning.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 AM   #6826
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
From what I've heard, Trump is actually a really good golfer. 73 does not seem improbable if that's true.

It's possible - he appears to be a pretty good golfer, from all accounts ... although I've a feeling he's only logging the better scores for public consumption, the article says as much when it mentions he's only played '20' rounds since 1999 ...

That's a bit like me making a soccer highlight reel from clips of 20 matches over the last 20 years when I play 2-3 matches a week on average, even I manage to do something half decent now and again

How Good is Donald Trump the Golfer? - Golf Digest

PS - There are also various reports that his score recording is a little dubious at times in friendly games which seems self defeating to me tbh, but it would probably be in line with his other public behavior, its obvious he doesn't like to be told he's not been a success at anything.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 10-10-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:02 AM   #6827
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

but then again...

https://www.salon.com/2017/08/02/com...-his-handicap/

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #6828
kingfc22
Head Coach

Can we just hit fast forward already?
Old 10-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #6829
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If an overweight, 71 year old man is regularly shooting par, that would be extraordinary.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #6830
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
If an overweight, 71 year old man is regularly shooting par, that would be extraordinary.

He is the healthiest person ever elected president.

Last edited by Atocep : 10-10-2017 at 12:31 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #6831
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I also hear he gave up a career as a pro golfer because he wanted to serve his country
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #6832
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

I hate it when you misquote the facts. The complete quote.....

"He is the healthiest person on any country ever elected president, wonderful, abundant, health, many doctors have never seen a person in such great, great health"
Old 10-10-2017, 02:26 PM   #6833
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Tillerson only has one move here, counter challenge Trump to a Billy Madison style academic decathlon.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #6834
Atocep
Coordinator

In the year 2017 Mensa has offered to host an IQ duel between the President of the United States and his Secretary of State.

Seriously?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #6835
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
In the year 2017 Mensa has offered to host an IQ duel between the President of the United States and his Secretary of State.

Seriously?

Really, what the hell is going on?

State Department on Tillerson's IQ: 'It's high' | TheHill
Old 10-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #6836
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Well, we already covered hand size during the primaries. This is just the next logical step.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #6837
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

“He made a joke. Maybe you guys should get a sense of humor and try it some time,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday.

Says the woman who probably only laughs when small animals are tortured.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #6838
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Well, we already covered hand size during the primaries. This is just the next logical step.

And penis size.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:48 AM   #6839
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

How has there been no response yet to Eminems diss?

Last edited by mauchow : 10-11-2017 at 07:49 AM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #6840
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
He made a joke. Maybe you guys should get a sense of humor and try it some time,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday.

Says the woman who probably only laughs when small animals are tortured.

I have to say though that when this admin makes an obvious joke it is heavily reported on and articles are written and there is mass anger. Obama made a joke and the media would stand there lapping it up like a blushing schoolgirl. I get it... Trump's policies and governing are very sub par and when they do make a joke its like the awkward uncle making a joke at Christmas. But it sure doesn't help with the "fake news" aspect that Trump's followers actually believe in when stuff like the golf score and IQ are "BREAKING NEWS". Go after him for the heavy stuff but just give up trying to bust him on everything its only going to get him reelected. Blame the Russians or other things all you want but Trump's election was partially in part to this lopsided media coverage.

Last edited by panerd : 10-11-2017 at 07:56 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #6841
Butter
Coordinator

So, you feel that Trump challenging Tillerson to an IQ test after being publicly referred to as a "moron" is a joke?

From a man whose ego is so large that he is tweeting us into WWIII due to name calling of a deranged leader of another nuclear nation?

Obama also had high ranking Cabinet members publicly calling him out as being incompetent? When was that? I forget.

But this is just us being sheeple. Got it. We're definitely the problem here.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #6842
Thomkal
Head Coach

The problem is that's the excuse his staff and Trump use all the time to explain away his behavior and tweets. The Tillerson IQ test seemed like a joke to me and more obvious than most, and shame on the media in this case for not realizing that and trying to make a bigger issue out of it. But when you need a staff to explain his every word, then maybe you need to stop with the jokes?

But the thing is-he's not a very good joke teller, and half the time I think he's testing the response to see what he can't get away with/really believes. You are the leader of the free world, maybe save the jokes for private or the Correspondents Dinner (or yeah you won't go to that anymore).
Old 10-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #6843
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I have to say though that when this admin makes an obvious joke it is heavily reported on and articles are written and there is mass anger. Obama made a joke and the media would stand there lapping it up like a blushing schoolgirl. I get it... Trump's policies and governing are very sub par and when they do make a joke its like the awkward uncle making a joke at Christmas. But it sure doesn't help with the "fake news" aspect that Trump's followers actually believe in when stuff like the golf score and IQ are "BREAKING NEWS". Go after him for the heavy stuff but just give up trying to bust him on everything its only going to get him reelected. Blame the Russians or other things all you want but Trump's election was partially in part to this lopsided media coverage.

Or maybe it is hard to tell when they are making a joke since so much utter nonsense comes out of the WH.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #6844
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Or maybe it is hard to tell when they are making a joke since so much utter nonsense comes out of the WH.

I think it's more like they are half jokes, half serious. Like when somebody picks on somebody else, then they turn around to whip the bully's ass and they're like "hey, I was just joking man!"

Like that.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #6845
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I think it's more like they are half jokes, half serious. Like when somebody picks on somebody else, then they turn around to whip the bully's ass and they're like "hey, I was just joking man!"

Like that.

I think that sums it up quite well, always leave yourself a two way go. Kind of risky though when you play that game with the maniacal leaders of isolated countries that have nukes.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #6846
PilotMan
Head Coach

How do you guys not see this for what it is?

This is How To Be a Bully:101.

A bully pulls as much shit on someone as he thinks he can get away with. When he crosses the line and he gets called into the principals office or to the parent he denies, laughs it off, or says he was just kidding.

Trump has done this exact thing over and over. It's no mystery what it is. He can't help himself. He is a bully who has used his power to bully contractors, women and anyone else he decides isn't worth standing in the same room as he is. He is every bit the asshole that Weinstein is. They are both power hungry, egotistical men out to get people to serve them and damage anyone who dares deny them what they want.

This is no shock. It's not a joke. He's a bully at heart and he can't change who he is.

Like Steam?

Old 10-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #6847
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
How do you guys not see this for what it is?

This is How To Be a Bully:101.

A bully pulls as much shit on someone as he thinks he can get away with. When he crosses the line and he gets called into the principals office or to the parent he denies, laughs it off, or says he was just kidding.

Trump has done this exact thing over and over. It's no mystery what it is. He can't help himself. He is a bully who has used his power to bully contractors, women and anyone else he decides isn't worth standing in the same room as he is. He is every bit the asshole that Weinstein is. They are both power hungry, egotistical men out to get people to serve them and damage anyone who dares deny them what they want.

This is no shock. It's not a joke. He's a bully at heart and he can't change who he is.

Yup. Could not have said it better.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #6848
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Anyway, guess I'll just wait to find out whether this one is a joke or not before reacting to it.

Same goes for what to think after he decides to nuke North Korea. Wouldn't want to get to upset if it was just a prank rather than something he really meant.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #6849
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump's election was partially in part to this lopsided media coverage.

Anyone who voted for Trump because "LIBRUL MEDIAZ SO UNFAIR" was going to vote for Trump anyway.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:05 PM   #6850
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Anyone who voted for Trump because "LIBRUL MEDIAZ SO UNFAIR" was going to vote for Trump anyway.

Excellent Op-Ed by Brian Klaas, a fellow in comparative politics at the London School of Economics and Political Science

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/746119001/

Like Steam?