Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #6751
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So last Friday, I get a bad pressure build up in my left ear and my hearing goes the way of a tin can (tinny, can't hear much) and high pitch sounds hurt. Go to the DR's on Monday and she prescribes me Claritin-D and Flonase (prescription) and says that "Should" alleviate the issue. Woman, I am already deaf in my right ear, I don't want a fucking "Should" I want it fixed.

Oh, and it's painful now in an office environment that when I went home yesterday, I had a borderline migraine.

I was going to reply to this but then I apparently forgot, only came across it again when looking for something else.

I was driving a few weeks ago and had a large pressure build-up in my ear so I tried clearing my ears as I would if I were scuba diving, trying to work my jaw and blow hard while pinching my nose (man that's weird to describe). I ended up clearing my right ear but my left didn't...whatever I did made me suddenly dizzy, I thought I was going to pass out. I was driving at the time and completely freaked out for the minute or so until it passed, as I was going 55 and couldn't get my eyes to focus on the road/had massive vertigo.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #6752
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

There is this Jimmy John's commercial where some old dude is at "Sunny Acres" retirement home. He looks at the menu and its the same thing two nights in a row:

Tuna Casserole
Tater Tots
Green Peas
Canned Peaches

So he decides to order Jimmy Johns.

Other than the canned peaches, I would pretty much be happy with that menu almost any day of the week. Who wants Jimmy Johns over tuna casserole, tater tots and green peas?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #6753
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
trying to work my jaw and blow hard

Hey baby...how youuu doin'
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #6754
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Han I hadn't thought of that...

Must be losing my touch...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #6755
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
There is this Jimmy John's commercial where some old dude is at "Sunny Acres" retirement home. He looks at the menu and its the same thing two nights in a row:

Tuna Casserole
Tater Tots
Green Peas
Canned Peaches

So he decides to order Jimmy Johns.

Other than the canned peaches, I would pretty much be happy with that menu almost any day of the week. Who wants Jimmy Johns over tuna casserole, tater tots and green peas?

Me? Tuna Casserole is horrific.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #6756
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

You crazy.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #6757
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

This. Peas are even worse.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #6758
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't have a problem with that meal, but Jimmy John's is pretty good stuff.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #6759
korme
Go Reds

Todd Glass came out on Marc Maron's WTF podcast yesterday
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #6760
Grover
Pro Starter

Awesome. You can ever hear Trebek laugh a bit when he calls on the woman to answer.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #6761
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
You crazy.

It's possible that if you're using premium tuna and a fresh heavy cream based sauce that tuna casserole could be okay. But the tuna noodle casserole of my youth was horrible.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #6762
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Softballs to the mouth hurt.

I took a pitch to the face Sunday night during pitching practice. I freaking hate practicing indoors. We had 3 cages, 4 girls. My daughter got paired up with a young 10U girl just learning to pitch. She kept throwing across her body to the right of her dad, where I was sitting. On one pitch, it came straight at me just as my daughter was letting loose and I took Caitlin's pitch square on the right side of my mouth. Thank God I didn't lose any teeth. Ended up in ER and look horrible right now (especially coming back from a week in Vegas - co-workers got a chuckle out of that). I ended up chewing off a bit of the inside of my lower lip because it was flapping and causing some pain.

Not too excited to get back in the cage, I must say.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-17-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #6763
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

This may only appeal to me, but "David Crowder Band", one of my absolute fav Christian bands, is poised to hit #2 on the Billboard Charts for their final album (yes, they are separating after it, amiably) "Give Us Rest or (A Requiem Mass in c [the happiest of all keys]). I wonder if any Christian or religious CD has ever charted so high since Billboard has been counting this stuff.

Oh, and for those who have a certain idea of Christian music (a la that hilarious South Park episode), this isn't that. I'd recommend giving them a chance (I guess its difficult to describe, but perhaps "indie rock with a touch of electronica & sometimes banjos & a decidedly Christian bent, but they don't say Jesus every 5 seconds").

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-17-2012 at 06:06 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #6764
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I wonder if any Christian or religious CD has ever charted so high since Billboard has been counting this stuff.

Casting Crowns did it (debuted at #2 overall) back in October, according to this article
http://www.todayschristianmusic.com/...board-top-200/
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #6765
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Alas . I'm not a massive fan of "Casting Crowns" (they are ok, I guess).

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #6766
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I'm also not a fan of Casting Crowns. I saw them live when they were just starting out and the person introducing them kept hammering home how they were the next big band and then I watched Downhere come on later and absolutely blow them away. They are at best 3rd behind Third Day and Mercy Me for that kind of music. To show how far Christian music has come, "Almost There" by Mercy Me topped out at #37. Switchfoot has topped out at #8. I'm amazed The Beautiful Letdown didn't chart. They had videos playing and songs on the radio.

Last edited by Matthean : 01-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #6767
molson
General Manager

Not more than 5 minutes into the Wikipedia blackout, something crossed my mind that I had to lookup, only to be disappointed. I'm an addict.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #6768
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I'm also not a fan of Casting Crowns.

Not particularly my thing either, just ftr. I found that info off a quick Google I did after realizing I didn't know the answer either.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #6769
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Not more than 5 minutes into the Wikipedia blackout, something crossed my mind that I had to lookup, only to be disappointed. I'm an addict.

If you're using Firefox, use the NoScript add on and block out wikimedia.com. Or turn off javascript completely. You can still access wikipedia that way.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #6770
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
If you're using Firefox, use the NoScript add on and block out wikimedia.com. Or turn off javascript completely. You can still access wikipedia that way.

Thanks, enabler! I like how they clarified that such workarounds should be utilized for "emergency" wikpedia use.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #6771
Grover
Pro Starter

"Who's the head bull-goose loony around here?"

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #6772
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I have been unable to turn the mind off at night again....looks like I might be getting my ambien prescription filled again......
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #6773
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I have been unable to turn the mind off at night again....looks like I might be getting my ambien prescription filled again......

I feel your pain. It hits me a few times a month. I'll be dead dog tired, go to bed and as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm wide awake.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #6774
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I'm also not a fan of Casting Crowns. I saw them live when they were just starting out and the person introducing them kept hammering home how they were the next big band and then I watched Downhere come on later and absolutely blow them away. They are at best 3rd behind Third Day and Mercy Me for that kind of music. To show how far Christian music has come, "Almost There" by Mercy Me topped out at #37. Switchfoot has topped out at #8. I'm amazed The Beautiful Letdown didn't chart. They had videos playing and songs on the radio.

I blame Tebow . Though too many Christian bands are tired alternative rock that was old in the mainstream charts around the year 2002. Though I guess Mercy Me has a few decent songs.

David Crowder Band just made me happy because they were so different than that stuff. Embracing post-rock sort of stuff (though not to the level of Gungor) and experimenting with other styles.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #6775
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I'll stick this here since I am thinking randomly right now.

I'm trying to come up with a logo design for my photography business, Beyond Bounds. I was thinking of something involving 2 Bs, one that was backwards facing the other, but I'm stuck for anything. Any good ideas on a good logo?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #6776
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

How about the sign for infinity ∞ ? With a vertical line on the left side of the left circle, and another vertical line in the middle? That makes a "bb".

I chose the infinity symbol because of the name of your business.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #6777
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm having big problems with this as well. Trying to exercise more so i'll be more tired at night, taking my ambien when I need it but trying not to too often. I've been looking into meditation as well, that is the next step to rely on ambien less.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #6778
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'm having big problems with this as well. Trying to exercise more so i'll be more tired at night, taking my ambien when I need it but trying not to too often. I've been looking into meditation as well, that is the next step to rely on ambien less.

Yeah, I haven't taken it since July...I don't know what is going on though...I am eating healthy, starting to exercise more and it just hit..I love my job, so I do not think it is work related stress...
Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #6779
spleen1015
Coordinator

Costa Concordia cruise ship runs aground off coast of Italy - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Some of these pictures are.. I don't know how to describe them. Shocking, stunning, scary, etc...
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #6780
Ksyrup

Reasons I love twitter - the twitterverse is in heart attack mode because Rob Lowe has apparently broken the "news" that Peyton Manning is retiring from the NFL. It's just awesome/fun to watch it all unfold from there.

I mean, people are analyzing the date on which Lowe was followed by Irsay, and past tweets between the two. It's just pure awesomeness.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #6781
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I absolutely love watching Michael Fagan bowl.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #6782
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Reasons I love twitter - the twitterverse is in heart attack mode because Rob Lowe has apparently broken the "news" that Peyton Manning is retiring from the NFL. It's just awesome/fun to watch it all unfold from there.

I mean, people are analyzing the date on which Lowe was followed by Irsay, and past tweets between the two. It's just pure awesomeness.

Totally fucking nuts.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #6783
korme
Go Reds

A gay deer goes into a bar, hangs out for a couple hours, and blows 42 bucks
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #6784
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Totally fucking nuts.

They don't have a coach yet...
Old 01-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #6785
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I sent a work email to an entire department today to question an issue, and the top guy in that department just emailed me back to say that I should've sent the email only to management, not to every single peon in his department. He said that he had to spend half the day answering all of the peons as they filed into his office one-by-one to ask him who the hell I am.

On one hand, I can see where he's coming from. Although I still feel that the entire department needed to see the question, the peons really wouldn't know how to answer it. On the other hand, everyone in the company has been directed to send questions to that entire department, not only to management, so I was just doing as I was told.

If I had a third hand, I would acknowledge that most of the peons are hot women in their 20's. Now I've made a bunch of hot women in their 20's ask a senior member of the company who I am.

I don't have a third hand, though.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #6786
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I sent a work email to an entire department today to question an issue, and the top guy in that department just emailed me back to say that I should've sent the email only to management, not to every single peon in his department. He said that he had to spend half the day answering all of the peons as they filed into his office one-by-one to ask him who the hell I am.

On one hand, I can see where he's coming from. Although I still feel that the entire department needed to see the question, the peons really wouldn't know how to answer it. On the other hand, everyone in the company has been directed to send questions to that entire department, not only to management, so I was just doing as I was told.

If I had a third hand, I would acknowledge that most of the peons are hot women in their 20's. Now I've made a bunch of hot women in their 20's ask a senior member of the company who I am.

I don't much advice about what to say to the response from that manager, but, I am wondering if you can get me those hot women in their 20's email addresses and facebook addresses and send them my way. I'll send you R2-D2 usb drive in appreciation.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #6787
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Almost too many peons, almost.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #6788
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

If you did have a third hand, what would you call it? Right and left are taken.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #6789
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Does a 3rd leg count?
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #6790
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Does a 3rd leg count?

What do you do with the extra shoes?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #6791
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Pumpy the 3rd.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #6792
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Pumpy the 3rd.

Do you really want to name a hand Pumpy?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #6793
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you really want to name a hand Pumpy?

If one could grasp the idea...why not?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #6794
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Great Caesar's Ghost, you people are from the dark ages. It's called "the Gripping Hand". Which makes it even better when applied to Pumpy.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #6795
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So, Sears ad came in email today:
40% off exercise equipment
50-60% off La-Z-Boy.

I have to make the economic choice

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #6796
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I set 'em up. You guys knock 'em down. Thanks, everyone.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #6797
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I forgot how nice it was to get a full nights uninterrupted sleep. (Thanks Ambien)..

I hate relying on it, but boy was it needed.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #6798
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I forgot how nice it was to get a full nights uninterrupted sleep. (Thanks Ambien)..

Jealous I am. Haven't had one of those in quite awhile.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #6799
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sooo jealous as well. I am the worst goddamn sleeper in the world, and I ended up in the hospital for something unrelated a couple days recently. Seemed like a good time/place to give the ol' Ambien a try. They gave me one, and it didn't do a damn thing for me. I need some horse tranqs or something.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #6800
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quick follow up to something I posted earlier, David Crowder Band's "Give Us Rest" sold 51,000 copies this week (!!) making it officially #2 for the week.