Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #6651
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Does anyone else have a wife or significant other who does crazy shit when you are away from home for a few days? I just finished a 4-day trip and I come home and my wife has undertaken a kitchen remodel complete with demolition, a new backsplash, moved dishwasher, and the process of changing the color of the cabinets. It's a bit shocking.

Perhaps it'd be cheaper to invest in one or more "personal entertainment devices" to keep her occupied
Old 01-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #6652
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Today he has someone apply for the paid nanny position: his estranged wife.

I'd make her submit a resume, interview her then send a rejection letter in the mail.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #6653
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I'd make her submit a resume, interview her then send a rejection letter in the mail.

Along with a restraining order?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #6654
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Don't quite know what thread to put this in, so I'll throw it here.

I'm beside myself - torn between flabbergasted & outraged - at something I just heard from a friend.

Long story short, he's mid-40's, had two kids (now like 2 & 4) with his early/mid 20's (third) wife. She leaves him, offers from the outset to make him the custodial parent, basically wants to see the kids every other weekend or so. Her reason for leaving was "this life is too boring" and "I didn't sign up for all this".

A few months have passed, he's trying to kind of get on with his life & take care of the girls. Hit a bump in the road when their newly hired nanny had to resign abruptly after a traffic accident killed one of her own parents & seriously injured the other. Needing a solution, he put reluctantly put them in daycare.

Today he has someone apply for the paid nanny position: his estranged wife.

Yes, you read that right. She left because she didn't want the responsibility of being a wife & mother, but offered to spend days with her own kids if he'd pay her a salary.

Fucking cunt.

This could only work better if the kids were a little older, and knew she was bat shit crazy...and he asked for references along with her resume.

Side note-- I obviously don't know the whole story, but what in the way his first two marriages ended makes someone think trying a third time is a good idea?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #6655
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Does anyone else have a wife or significant other who does crazy shit when you are away from home for a few days? I just finished a 4-day trip and I come home and my wife has undertaken a kitchen remodel complete with demolition, a new backsplash, moved dishwasher, and the process of changing the color of the cabinets. It's a bit shocking.

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/wywo/wywo.html
Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #6656
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So last Friday, I get a bad pressure build up in my left ear and my hearing goes the way of a tin can (tinny, can't hear much) and high pitch sounds hurt. Go to the DR's on Monday and she prescribes me Claritin-D and Flonase (prescription) and says that "Should" alleviate the issue. Woman, I am already deaf in my right ear, I don't want a fucking "Should" I want it fixed.

Oh, and it's painful now in an office environment that when I went home yesterday, I had a borderline migraine.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #6657
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Hate to say it, but medicine's not perfect- a bit of an inexact science and all

I've found with sinus infections, over the counter Mucinex seems to help alleviate some pressure. It's not going to cure what ails you but it'll help the symptom

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #6658
MacroGuru
Coordinator

One positive note...my sales year has started off on the right foot...Hit half my quota in the first month.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #6659
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Side note-- I obviously don't know the whole story, but what in the way his first two marriages ended makes someone think trying a third time is a good idea?

Hey, I asked him the same thing when we reconnected a few weeks ago
He said he was thinking about taking a shot at Liz Taylor's record since he was off to such a flying start.

More seriously though, the first one was a bad deal. Both of them in their early/mid 20's, she turned out to be a real bitch much to the dismay of not only him but pretty much every member of our crowd. She got a job as a receptionist at a law firm & decided rather quickly that she could fuck her way into fame and/or fortune. Or at least that was what she tried to do, last I heard that didn't work out so well for her.

2nd one was a few years later, seemed like a good enough match to work (and did last eight years). I missed the divorce part of that, best I can figure out it was a combination of things with the blame being shared between them.

The latest one, well, when he filled me in my initial reaction was "other than the obvious, what part of you thought this was a remotely good idea?" He's about my age (44/45), she's now (I think) 25. His answer was "well, it seemed like a good idea at the time". She pretty much changed nearly every aspect of his outward personality -- this guy is by far the most outrageous character that's ever been a regular part of my life -- right down to getting 2 kids, a dog, and new house that literally has a picket fence ... and then said "this is boring". his days of clubbing/partying/hard living were winding down about the time she hit kindergarten. Was a lousy idea with a somewhat predictable ending frankly & if he'd been in front of me when I got the lowdown I would probably have Gibbs-smacked him.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #6660
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Along with a restraining order?

Believe me, that went through my mind last night.

It's scary to think about but one of the first things that crossed my mind was Casey Anthony.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #6661
spleen1015
Coordinator

I've been married to my wife for 11 years. I decided a long time ago if the first one doesn't work out, I'm not getting married again. My marriage is great and I love being married to my wife, but if something happened I don't want anyone else's needs/wants to dictate how I spend my time.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #6662
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I've been married to my wife for 11 years. I decided a long time ago if the first one doesn't work out, I'm not getting married again. My marriage is great and I love being married to my wife, but if something happened I don't want anyone else's needs/wants to dictate how I spend my time.

This is where I am at. My girlfriend now is the same way...I don't see myself married ever again. I failed the first time no need to repeat the process.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #6663
JediKooter
Coordinator

So I keep hearing this commercial on the radio about protecting your reputation online. The commercial goes on and on how false or misleading information can damage you or your company's reputation online. Their paid solution? The best I can tell is: to flood the interwebs with false positive information about you or your company. My irony meter is now broken.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #6664
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I'm sure I shared this with FOFC in some random thread before, but this discussions reminds me of a guy I worked with about 6 years ago.

He was in his mid to late 50's, a goofball, but harmless...but just unhappy working.

He was telling me and another guy about his 5 marriages!

According to him:

Wife 1 - married for love
Wife 2 - married because she was good in bed
Wife 3 - married for money
Wife 4 - re-married wife 2 (so, at least he had his priorities straight and went back to the one good in bed)
Wife 5 - as he told it "I was living in a 3rd floor apartment above a restaurant. In the summer's, it was nearly 90 degrees at all times in my place. I met this lady, and she had whole house A/C"
Old 01-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #6665
britrock88
Pro Starter

Does anyone here take the Jeopardy online test? It's coming next week, FYI. I'm hoping I can do as well as I did last year -- something like 41/50. (The rumored qualifying score is a 35/50.)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #6666
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Does anyone here take the Jeopardy online test? It's coming next week, FYI. I'm hoping I can do as well as I did last year -- something like 41/50. (The rumored qualifying score is a 35/50.)

I was intending to try that this year. Thanks for reminding me. I am guessing it is easy enough to find with a Google search?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #6667
cuervo72
Head Coach

I think there are some threads on Jeopardy! that might be worth searching out too, I know some here have taken it.

I'm not, as judging by my play I'm just not ready. Too many knowledge holes (authors, operas, rusty on my Shakespeare, bodies of water, etc).
Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #6668
spleen1015
Coordinator

It is going to snow here today. I'm a winter person. I enjoy the cold, snowy weather. I would rather be cold than sweat any day.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #6669
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
It is going to snow here today. I'm a winter person. I enjoy the cold, snowy weather. I would rather be cold than sweat any day.

I, too, would much rather be cold than sweat. I very much enjoy getting warm, a cup of coffee after walking the dog in the cold, wearing sweaters/sweatshirts, etc.

That said, I am not a fan of driving in snow at all. A few too many spinouts for my tastes and too many idiot drivers.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #6670
MJ4H
Coordinator

Haaaaaaaaaate being cold. Would rather be sweating all day every day.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #6671
molson
General Manager

I hate both cold and hot. So I loved Oregon. I'd love it to be 50 and cloudy every day. But this part of Idaho appears to have only two real seasons, with a 2 week fall and a 2 week spring in between.

Last edited by molson : 01-12-2012 at 09:42 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #6672
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I hate both cold and hot. So I loved Oregon. I'd love to be 50 and cloudy every day. But this part of Idaho appears to have only two real seasons, with a 2 week fall and a 2 week spring in between.

I would definitely not be opposed to 50 and cloudy every day. I really don't like the sun.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #6673
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Nice to hot (70-90), clear day with an ocean breeze for me, any time.

That's why I like California.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #6674
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I love cold weather. I hate the heat. And I hate sweating. With the cold, you can always put more clothes on to warm up. With the heat, sweating is impossible to stop, it's uncomfortable, and makes you look/feel disgusting. There's nothing you can do to keep yourself from sweating.

It's pretty easy for me - I don't like being uncomfortable.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #6675
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I love cold weather. I hate the heat. And I hate sweating. With the cold, you can always put more clothes on to warm up. With the heat, sweating is impossible to stop, it's uncomfortable, and makes you look/feel disgusting. There's nothing you can do to keep yourself from sweating.

I hate it when you put more clothes on, because then I can't see your booty.

And I mean you specifically, not the generic "you."
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #6676
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

This.

Although warm weather = boobies on display
Old 01-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #6677
spleen1015
Coordinator

Do the Pacers fly to Chicago when they play the Bulls and vice versa? They probably do, but it isn't really that far.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #6678
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, it's about 185 miles between the two cities according to Google. So you figure that's a three hour bus ride both ways. Six hours blown when a flight does it in a half hour. I am pretty sure they would fly.

Likely bus trips (or even tell players "you're on your own, get to the arena somehow") would be NY-NJ, LA (of course, same arena), maybe GS-SAC? Are DET-TOR close enough? Can't think of many others.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #6679
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, it's about 185 miles between the two cities according to Google. So you figure that's a three hour bus ride both ways. Six hours blown when a flight does it in a half hour. I am pretty sure they would fly.

When you add getting to/from the airport and security into the mix, you're probably not saving any actual time.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #6680
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
When you add getting to/from the airport and security into the mix, you're probably not saving any actual time.

That's what I was thinking, but I doubt these guys go through normal security.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #6681
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Exactly. These guys ain't going through normal security. Plus, it's Indy-Chicago, not Tehran to New York.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #6682
Grover
Pro Starter

I'm trying to get a copy of my transcript from my high school, because I've finally decided to go back to school. I can't find my diploma anywhere, so I need the transcript to send with the application. People at my high school have not returned any of my phone calls this week (I've called once a day, twice today) and you can't just show up because it's a 'private school' and you need to have an appointment. Bastards.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #6683
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I'm trying to get a copy of my transcript from my high school, because I've finally decided to go back to school. I can't find my diploma anywhere, so I need the transcript to send with the application. People at my high school have not returned any of my phone calls this week (I've called once a day, twice today) and you can't just show up because it's a 'private school' and you need to have an appointment. Bastards.
I suggest you show up at the school and see what happens. If they turn you away, go to the local TV station and tell them that your old school is racist and won't allow you in. If they do let you in but won't hand over the transcript because you didn't have an appointment, go to the local TV station and tell them that your old school is racist and won't acknowledge that you graduated from there. If they let you in and give you the transcript, go to the local TV station and tell them that your old school is racist. After all, you'd have gotten what you needed anyway, so you can just start shit for no reason.

I play more race cards than Mille Bornes.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #6684
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You really have to go in, I would just do it. I don't even think they can acknowledge your existence as a former student over the phone.

Or start emailing people there.

Last edited by stevew : 01-12-2012 at 03:13 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #6685
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Likely bus trips (or even tell players "you're on your own, get to the arena somehow") would be NY-NJ, LA (of course, same arena), maybe GS-SAC? Are DET-TOR close enough? Can't think of many others.

For a couple years now, as the schedule permitted, the Penguins went by train from NY to DC when they've played the Rangers and Caps back to back. I think it was like a 3 hour train ride.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #6686
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
You really have to go in, I would just do it. I don't even think they can acknowledge your existence as a former student over the phone.

arson is a viable alternative too
Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #6687
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I suggest you show up at the school and see what happens. If they turn you away, go to the local TV station and tell them that your old school is racist and won't allow you in. If they do let you in but won't hand over the transcript because you didn't have an appointment, go to the local TV station and tell them that your old school is racist and won't acknowledge that you graduated from there. If they let you in and give you the transcript, go to the local TV station and tell them that your old school is racist. After all, you'd have gotten what you needed anyway, so you can just start shit for no reason.

Mille Bornes? Really?

Fuck you. That game is the shit. I didn't think anybody else outside of France even knew it existed.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #6688
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Mille Bornes? Really?

Fuck you. That game is the shit. I didn't think anybody else outside of France even knew it existed.
mille bornes is big in the black hockey fan community
Old 01-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #6689
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think the race card would be fun to play, considering I'm in Maine and approximately 98.97% of the population is white (this is a guess). I think while I was there, out of around 1,000 students 15-20 were black, 20-30 were Asian... and that's probably about it.

Quote:

I'm going to show up tomorrow. They insist on appointments because they take the being a private school a bit far, even though its semi-private. The school has become more and more arrogant over the past ten years since I left.

Last edited by Grover : 01-12-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #6690
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

that's a coup-fourré right there
Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #6691
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

just when you think you've heard it all from tudors, he drops french card game comments on you

damn that boy outta control
Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #6692
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Mille Bornes? Really?

Played it on and off since I was young. My brother always got Right-of-Way, I always got Puncture Proof (Increveble?)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #6693
Grover
Pro Starter

Random thought of the day #2: I've got an interview with SB Nation to become a writer at Cincy Jungle tomorrow.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #6694
spleen1015
Coordinator

I loved Mille Bornes when I was a kid. I can't get anyone to play it with me as an adult.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #6695
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I loved Mille Bornes when I was a kid. I can't get anyone to play it with me as an adult.
I'll play with you.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #6696
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll play with you.

Sorry. I'm racist against hockey fans.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #6697
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

MOTHERF
Old 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #6698
Suicane75
Coordinator

I don't know what that game is but if I can be Wonder Woman, Col Wilma Deering or The Bionic Woman, I'm in.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #6699
MJ4H
Coordinator

We used to play Milles-Borne all the time. Not bad for a lame card game.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #6700
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the race card would be fun to play, considering I'm in Maine and approximately 98.97% of the population is white (this is a guess). I think while I was there, out of around 1,000 students 15-20 were black, 20-30 were Asian... and that's probably about it.

Yeah, but you're the only blue student and they be prejudiced against you.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote