Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2022, 10:40 AM   #6651
cuervo72
Head Coach

Also the idea that illegal alien drug dealers came here to buy a house in your neighborhood just to give kids drugs on halloween.
Old 10-15-2022, 10:40 AM   #6652
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Ban on guns with serial numbers removed is unconstitutional -U.S. judge | Reuters

So based on this ruling we should be able to ban assault rifles and just about any firearm that isn't a musket since they didn't exist in 1791 and therefore are not protected by the 2nd amendment.

It's beyond a paywall so maybe I don't have full context ...

But as an owner of multiple guns, I personally can't see a valid, non-criminal reason to own weapons without serial numbers. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I can see an exception with older weapons that don't already have serial numbers. But don't think that's what the article was about.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 10:50 AM   #6653
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is worse than just a false rumor. This one has layers, man.

The creepiest part of this story is how this has become localized. Someone (Russia? GOP Astroturfing?) has made a hugely concerted effort to make sure this rumor is /everywhere/. And I don't mean by a moron like Joe Rogan amplifying it, but I mean on our local neighborhood FB page, some Twitter follows, and posts all over Reddit (so, not all may be legit - I get that there).

Also, my wife, upon hearing this: "Wait, what? People can't be this stupid to believe this. Well..."

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:18 AM   #6654
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Stop it, both of you. I don't have time for this kind of foolishness.

People lost fucking posts Ben.

People

Lost

Posts.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:21 AM   #6655
Edward64
Head Coach

Things seem to be heating up in Haiti. There are similar articles in MiamiHerald and others but they have paywall. So something is going to happen but don't know the specifics, so take below FWIW

Haiti - Politic : The USA ready to participate in a multinational rapid action force - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7
Quote:
The United States says it is ready to support the dispatch of a "multinational rapid action force" to Haiti, according to a draft resolution drafted by the Americans for the United Nations Security Council .

This resolution is the first indication that the United States is ready to participate in a military force in Haiti, even if the resolution does not specify the role that each of the Participating Nations in general and that of the United States in particular would play.

This "multinational rapid action force" would not be placed under Chapter VII of the UN, thus excluding the presence of blue helmets from a peacekeeping force in Haiti, as was the case in the past in Haiti.

If the Security Council adopts this resolution without modifying it, the UN will then encourage "the immediate deployment of a multinational rapid action force to support the National Police of Haiti (PNH)".

The second highlighted paragraph seems weird to me. I don't understand why it would not be under the UN charter. Probably good reason but don't know the rationale.

It's obvious Haiti is a failed state (and has been for a while). I wish the US & allies can really, really, really do something to stabilize Haiti and set it on the right course.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-15-2022 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:20 PM   #6656
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
That's exactly what it is. Autism has existed since before the Stone Age.
There has also been a huge expansion of the definition in the last few years. If you judge by social media, every female is now on the spectrum. It's the new ADD.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 08:51 AM   #6657
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I can't recall an election where I had less of an idea of what was going to happen. Anything from a huge GOP night to the Dems keeping the House and Senate seems in play.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:22 AM   #6658
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I can't recall an election where I had less of an idea of what was going to happen. Anything from a huge GOP night to the Dems keeping the House and Senate seems in play.

I think the Dems gain in the senate and lose the house but I agree. What we saw in Kansas makes me hopeful a lot of young voters come out and women are motivated. My niece is voting for the first time blue across the board and is excited about it. Her generation has taken notice and likely isn't being factored in to polling very much because they don't have landlines and don't answer unknown numbers so hopefully they are underrepresented.

Maybe I have too much faith in humanity, I just can't see people like Oz, Walker, Masters winning.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 09:46 AM   #6659
Edward64
Head Coach

Biden's foreign policy is keeping busy.

Biden enacted restrictions/constraints on chips between China & US. Below article doesn't tell the full story, from what I've read elsewhere, it's a pretty significant move.

Below article is how it impacts employees of those companies. Basically, US folks can't be working for those impacted Chinese companies.

Biden’s chip controls may force Chinese-Americans working in China’s semiconductor firms to choose between their citizenship or their job
Quote:
One term in the Biden administration’s new controls on semiconductor sales to China could ensnare hundreds of Chinese-American tech executives working for the country's tech companies—and perhaps force them to choose between their citizenship, or their job.

The new rules bar “U.S. persons,” which includes both U.S. citizens and permanent residents, from supporting the “development or production” of advanced chips at Chinese factories without a license. It's the first time export controls on China extend to people, rather than just organizations or companies.

That could affect hundreds of executives and professionals with U.S. citizenship in China’s chip industry, including founders and C-suite executives, according to Nikkei Asia.
I actually think below is a good outcome. If they want to give up their US affiliation, they were probably more "patriotic" towards China than the US. Lots of talent elsewhere globally, just need to change our immigration laws and encourage them over.

Quote:
More Chinese academics are choosing to leave the U.S., citing a more hostile working environment. Over 1,400 Chinese academics gave up their U.S. affiliation in 2021, representing a 22% jump from the year before, according to data compiled by Princeton University, Harvard University, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Biden has exceeded my expectations in acknowledging & doing something about the Chinese non-military threat to the US.
Old 10-18-2022, 09:25 AM   #6660
Edward64
Head Coach

Belated effort Joe, and you probably won't get the votes. But yes, this should be the top issue front and center to galvanize the base (obviously can't be the economy).

Biden to promise abortion rights law as Democrats try to rally voters | CNN Politics
Quote:
President Joe Biden on Tuesday is poised to make a major promise on a push to put abortion rights into law as his party looks to seize on the politically divisive issue in the final push ahead of the midterm elections.

At an abortion-rights-focused speech at a Democratic National Committee event on Tuesday, Biden will say that if Democrats elect more senators and keep control of the House in the midterms, “the first bill he will send to the next Congress will be to codify Roe – and he will sign it around the 50th anniversary of the Roe decision,” a Democratic official tells CNN.

Dating back to the 2020 campaign, Biden has called for codifying Roe v. Wade, which had guaranteed a federal constitutional right to abortion.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:22 AM   #6661
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Belated effort Joe, and you probably won't get the votes.

Have you met our country's attention span?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:51 PM   #6662
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Have you met our country's attention span?

Good point.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:54 PM   #6663
Edward64
Head Coach

Early voting has started in GA. The place closest to me opens this Sat.

It's clear cut to me that Warnock is the better option than Walker. Have to get my sample ballot and research the others.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:46 PM   #6664
Edward64
Head Coach

Googling tells me UK Home Secretary is kinda equivalent to the US Attorney General.

Resigning because of a "technical infringement" sounds like what someone would say when desperately wanting to leave a sinking ship.

Quote:
British Home Secretary Suella Braverman has announced her resignation after sending an official document from her personal email account in what she called a “technical infringement” of government rules.

She has been replaced by former transport minister Grant Shapps, Truss’s office said.

In her resignation letter on Wednesday to embattled Prime Minister Liz Truss, Braverman also said she had concerns over the direction of Truss’s government, saying it was enduring “tumultuous times”.

The second senior minister to leave the government in less than a week, Braverman’s departure heaps yet more pressure on Truss as she fights to stay in power just over six weeks after she entered Downing Street.

“I have made a mistake, I accept responsibility; I resign,” Braverman said in letter to Truss posted on Twitter.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:10 PM   #6665
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Early voting has started in GA. The place closest to me opens this Sat.

It's clear cut to me that Warnock is the better option than Walker. Have to get my sample ballot and research the others.

It's the biggest shitshow I can recall seeing, ballot filled with races between complete clowns vs clueless clods.

The most appealing guy on the ballot in any statewide race for me is one that I largely only like because he's disliked by a politician I loathe.

I even went so far as to research the 3rd party options in several races, to no surprise they seem nuttier than the frontrunners.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:25 PM   #6666
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Biden just came out against repealing the debt ceiling entirely. Left-wing Twitter is slamming him and calling it a missed opportunity, etc.

I think it may actually be good politics. If he comes out in favor of it, then the GOP jumps on that and uses it to paint him as fiscally irresponsible. Now, he is positioning himself against the left-wing of his party. If the GOP agrees with him, then they admit he’s right. So he can keep the rhetoric down while Congress works on the issue.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:27 PM   #6667
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Personally, I think the debt ceiling is so stupid that I would not eliminate it. I would just raise it to $568,432,890,427,765,347,987,456,236,098,453,875.99 to emphasize the absurdity.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 10-21-2022 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2022, 01:17 PM   #6668
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Agreed on all accounts

SI

Old 10-21-2022, 06:23 PM   #6669
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
How does DeSantis spend $12 million dollars of Florida taxpayers money to fly immigrants from Texas to Massachusetts? Is he just begging to get arrested?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The politics are what the politics are. It is disgusting. But it is also hilarious. I just have thoughts of this guy adding to his Linkedin resume "State of Florida Government Subcontractor" and using Governor DeSantis as a reference.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...267445097.html

Quote:
A Venezuelan migrant unable to legally work in the United States was paid to help coordinate Gov. Ron DeSantis’ migrant flight program, putting the Republican governor’s high-profile political gambit in conflict with his long-standing push to crack down on undocumented labor. The migrant, a 27-year-old named Emmanuel, told the Miami Herald he helped find passengers to fill planes that DeSantis wanted to send from Texas to Democratic strongholds in northern states. He was recruited by Perla Huerta, a 43-year-old former U.S. Army counterintelligence agent working for Vertol Systems Company — which has been paid more than $1.5 million by the DeSantis administration to execute the operation.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:59 PM   #6670
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Personally, I think the debt ceiling is so stupid that I would not eliminate it. I would just raise it to $568,432,890,427,765,347,987,456,236,098,453,875.99 to emphasize the absurdity.

but 69 cents
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #6671
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

nice
Old 10-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #6672
Edward64
Head Coach

This seems somewhat optimistic and portends to better relations with the new China? I hope this implies the old folks that Xi pushed out and replaced, were the one's forcing him/China to be anti-US, and he has more breathing room now ... or not (probably).

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/23/chin...h-the-us-.html
Quote:
China’s latest leadership appointments point to greater emphasis on relations with the U.S.

Foreign Minister Wang Yi joined the new Politburo, the second-highest level of power, state media announced Sunday. That’s despite expectations he might retire.

The changes showed that Yang Jiechi, a long-time diplomat closely involved with U.S.-China relations, did not stay on in the Politburo. Yang has headed the party’s central committee foreign affairs office and was widely expected to retire.

Qin Gang, China’s ambassador to the U.S., also made the list of new central committee members released Saturday.
Positive words. I do think Joe should reach out and see wassup.

Quote:
Qin has actively reached out to American society and businesses, while Wang’s comments during a recent trip to New York “indicates there is a desire to draw back from the intensely competitive relationship with the United States,” said Dali Yang, political science professor at The University of Chicago.

“I think there may be a chance to certainly ease the tensions, hopefully, given the challenges China faces in keeping the Chinese economy growing,” Yang said.

He pointed out that the 1970s, during the Cultural Revolution, was another tough period for China’s economy, but it was during that time that Chinese leader Mao Zedong decided to reach out to the U.S.

Like him or not, he did not have it easy growing up.

Xi Jinping - Wikipedia
Quote:
In 1963, when he was aged 10, his father was purged from the CCP and sent to work in a factory in Luoyang, Henan.[12] In May 1966, the Cultural Revolution cut short Xi's secondary education when all secondary classes were halted for students to criticise and fight their teachers. Student militants ransacked the Xi family home and one of Xi's sisters, Xi Heping, committed suicide from the pressure.[13]
Quote:
Later, his mother was forced to publicly denounce his father, as he was paraded before a crowd as an enemy of the revolution. His father was later imprisoned in 1968 when Xi was aged 15.
Quote:
He worked as the party secretary of Liangjiahe, where he lived in a cave house.[15] According to people who knew him, this experience led him to feel affinity with the rural poor.[16] After a few months, unable to stand rural life, he ran away to Beijing. He was arrested during a crackdown on deserters from the countryside and sent to a work camp to dig ditches, but later returned to the village, spending a total of seven years there
Quote:
After being rejected seven times, Xi joined the Communist Youth League of China in 1971 by befriending a local official.[9] He reunited with his father in 1972, because of a family reunion ordered by premier Zhou Enlai.[13] From 1973, he applied to join the CCP ten times and was finally accepted on his tenth attempt in 1974.[19][20]

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-23-2022 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:41 AM   #6673
whomario
Pro Starter

The guy had his predecessor practically dragged out of the Congress minutes after media was allowed in, there's nothing good about a dictator for life. Ever.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 01:44 PM   #6674
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
That's exactly what it is. Autism has existed since before the Stone Age.

Yeah, we went through this with our local school district recently. The "cut spending" side kept questioning why we have all these specialist when they didn't exist "back in the day" and you just ask them if they remember the number of kids they grew up with who basically dropped out of both school and society and how did they feel about that?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:19 AM   #6675
PilotMan
Head Coach

The political emails are so out of control. It's got to be the most infuriating thing about supporting a party. I get probably 50-60 emails a day right now. It's spread out from races across the US, and that's after the ones that I've unsubbed from. I've avoided unsubbing from others just to see how bad the emails get.

trump gets bashed for his fundraising schemes and language, but the Dems run for cash is crazy too. It's like giving money at church to help the homeless, and then having churches from all over the US suddenly outside your door asking for money to help other homeless and starving people, and if you don't you're willing to accept other people dying.

It's out of control. We donate locally, but a couple of PAC's but the ask is enough to make you pull it all back just on principle. You don't let your kids keep asking over and over again without getting tired of it and pointing it out to them.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 01:28 PM   #6676
Edward64
Head Coach

Did my civic duty and voted today. Line was longer than what I remembered. Took me about 45 min from start to finish, probably about 70 people ahead of me.

They let 75+ cut in line. That's fine but thought it should have been like 65+.

Interestingly (maybe only to me), there were "no cameras/phones" and "don't talk politics" graphic signs up. I was thinking shouldn't there be no guns graphic also. Finally got close enough to read the no guns warning, lots of words, no graphics etc.
Old 10-24-2022, 02:31 PM   #6677
Edward64
Head Coach

The Russians are better at this.

Two alleged Chinese spies charged with trying to obstruct US Huawei investigation | CNN Politics

No comparison with the Jennings ...

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-24-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:34 AM   #6678
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't know what Russia wants, but they want something.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/25/russ...n-tuesday.html
Quote:
A Russian court upheld WNBA star Brittney Griner’s nine-year prison sentence on Tuesday, a decision that will send the U.S. athlete to a penal colony.

The court near Moscow upheld the original sentence which the state prosecutor called “fair.”

Griner has about eight years left on her sentence though another appeal is possible through Russia’s court of cassation, the highest court of appeals. It is not clear if her lawyers will pursue another appeal.

“We think we should use all legal tools available but that is her decision to take,” Maria Blagovolina, Griner’s lawyer, told reporters outside of the court. Blagovolina added that the two-time Olympic gold medalist was disappointed to hear the decision from the three-judge panel.

“She had some hope but that vanished today,” Blagovolina said.

In addition to Griner, there's at least 2 more held in Russia.

Quote:
Trevor Reed was detained in 2019 and sentenced to prison for endangering the lives of Russian police officers after a night of drinking, Russian authorities say, charges that Reed’s family and U.S. officials deny.

Another former U.S. Marine, Paul Whelan, has been jailed in Russia since 2018 on espionage charges, charges that he and U.S. officials refute.

The Biden team says it’s working for the release of Griner, Reed and Whelan.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-25-2022 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:39 AM   #6679
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't know what Russia wants, but they want something.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/25/russ...n-tuesday.html

In addition to Griner, there's at least 2 more held in Russia.

Its not like it's costing them much to keep her imprisoned. And who knows when she'll be useful as a bargaining chip.
Old 10-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #6680
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's not really much of a secret that the redder (in the US Congress) the better for Russia. So it's a cheap and easy way to dampen sentiment against the US and the West - "see, this is a failure of Biden" (despite him having really nothing to do with this). I mean, it's a front page story on ESPN, CNN, and my Yahoo email had it as "breaking news" in my inbox this morning for... reasons? It's cheap, easy political points with free amplification.

Of course, that leaves out the subtext of "we can't beat them on the battlefield so we have to do this" but all of warfare is asymmetrical now. It's a simple, digestible story that wins them free PR points.

SI

Old 10-25-2022, 01:28 PM   #6681
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The Onion or Not The Onion...?

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:50 PM   #6682
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Don't worry, I've heard NBC is the liberal media, definitely not an outlet that would post stories that make banks look sympathetic

SI

Old 10-28-2022, 08:53 AM   #6683
Kodos
Resident Alien

Somebody attacked Nancy Pelosi's husband in their home in San Francisco. Nancy wasn't home.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-28-2022 at 08:53 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 10:07 AM   #6684
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I urge everyone to not speculate on motive. I know someone that was murdered in their home by a mentally ill laborer. It may be politically motivated, but it may not be.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:00 PM   #6685
Edward64
Head Coach

CNN headline. Troubling if true.

Quote:
Man who assaulted Pelosi's husband with hammer was looking for House speaker, source says

I never thought of this but shouldn't the person 2nd in line to the Presidency get some sort/level of SS or law enforcement protection?

(I'd also include 3th & 4th).

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-28-2022 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #6686
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was hearing there is security at the home.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:08 PM   #6687
Edward64
Head Coach

Okay. That is somewhat reassuring. More details to come I'm sure.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:44 PM   #6688
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I was hearing there is security at the home.

I read that there was no security because Nancy was in Washington.

And the attacker is apparently some kind MAGA drug addict.

ETA:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/polit...nvs/index.html

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-28-2022 at 01:45 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:59 PM   #6689
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I thought I saw that the police chief said police were doing a check of the house and interrupted the assault as it was happening.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 02:54 PM   #6690
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Long thread on the guy's website if anyone cares. Lot of holocaust denialism, racism, anti-semitism, and you can fill in the rest. Would fit in well on 4chan or as a Congresswoman from Georgia.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-28-2022 at 02:55 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 03:00 PM   #6691
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Long thread on the guy's website if anyone cares. Lot of holocaust denialism, racism, anti-semitism, and you can fill in the rest. Would fit in well on 4chan or as a Congresswoman from Georgia.

Everything I've read on him so far sounds like a mainstream MAGA supporter nowadays. Religious nut, election was stolen, COVID is fake, vaccines kill people, ect, ect.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 03:06 PM   #6692
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

It sort of feels like there was a small window after 1/6 to nip some of the political violence in bud but the DOJ passed. Pretty much game on at this point and don't see it getting better.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #6693
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Everything I've read on him so far sounds like a mainstream MAGA supporter nowadays. Religious nut, election was stolen, COVID is fake, vaccines kill people, ect, ect.

something something both sides....
Old 10-28-2022, 09:32 PM   #6694
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, yet somehow NBC tonight reported he had "mixed ideologies." Mixed, sure.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:35 PM   #6695
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I read that there was no security because Nancy was in Washington.

Apparently that is the case.

Attempted attack on Pelosi raises questions on motive, family protections - POLITICO
Quote:
The attack also put a new focus on the lack of protection for family members of public officials. While members of leadership, including Pelosi, have a security detail that stays with them, that protection isn’t currently extended to their family members.

Pelosi wasn’t at home during the attack, which police said the intruder accessed through a back door. Instead, Paul Pelosi was able to dial 911 himself after telling the intruder he had to go use the bathroom and calling from there, where his phone had been charging, according to a person familiar with the situation.
Old 10-30-2022, 08:13 AM   #6696
whomario
Pro Starter

Anybody surprised that of course Elon Must would spread an unhinged conspiracy theory from an obscure source about how it's a sex worker and a drunken 'victim' at the core of it rather than it being the result of stochastic terrorism by MAGA and other right wing actors?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #6697
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Anybody surprised that of course Elon Must would spread an unhinged conspiracy theory from an obscure source about how it's a sex worker and a drunken 'victim' at the core of it rather than it being the result of stochastic terrorism by MAGA and other right wing actors?
Nope, not at all. This is exactly what he wants Twitter to become. He wants it to be the primary source for conspiracy theories.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:05 AM   #6698
GrantDawg

This is why there is no reason to be to excited about the high turnout numbers in Georgia. More 80-85 year olds have voted so far than any of the five year age blocks under 40. Those age demographic numbers makes it look like a massive Red landslide here. Welcome Senator Hershel Walker.

https://i.redd.it/gdo5kkz23tw91.jpg
Old 10-30-2022, 09:17 AM   #6699
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Early vote tells us almost nothing--don't let it get you excited. Don't let it get you down. It feels like it should tell us more than polls and stuff because it is actual real votes. But study after study finds that good old fashioned polls and economic indicators are better predictors. Boring but true.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:57 AM   #6700
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Affirmative action: Challenge to Harvard's policies was designed by a conservative to reach a friendly Supreme Court | CNN Politics

The guy who is bringing the case that's finally going to gut affirmative action sounds like quite the douchebag.

SI