Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #6551
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Wow. I hadn't heard of either of those. Thanks.

I'm glad Schiavone's is only 4 episodes in, and the first few were more WCW/Turner focused, as his time in Crockett is what I really want to hear and it looks like episode 4 is the first one to focus on that.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #6552
hollmt
High School Varsity

I knew about Rock and Gerwitz. I've also read that the majority (2/3) of his promos would be scripted/memorized and the rest he would go off on his own with. So, I don't think it was 'word for word'. Rock also had the ability to hold and use the crowd as a heel or face and not let the crowd take control. Either way, he had to get out there and still perform the actual promo.....live. Just like Austin and Jericho. Anyone can be given lines but be horrible once out there delivering them. Think Hogan and Goldberg. Neither are that bright or captivating on the mic.

One of Rock's promos with Cena I will never forget I think was the last one prior to their first WM match. Cena was doing his stupid shitty smirk, interrupting and not 'selling' Rocks promo to him (he had already called him out on the stuff written on his arm weeks prior) and in that moment of him not selling the promo, you could (to me) feel Rock getting legit worked up about it. The line Rock stated he would rip Cena's throat out to me was adlib on the spot. Maybe it wasn't, but it felt that way. It felt real. Whether the entire promo was scripted or only bits of it, the 2 made it look real and sold it. That's the entire point of promos.

My entire point wasn't whether or not wrestler A, B or C did scripted/bullet pointed promos or not. It was about one wrestler being considered an international treasure or not. I mean are we really splitting hairs on scripted promos when the entire basis of WWE and any wrestling organization is.....wait for it.....scripted???

The 3 wrestlers I keep mentioning earned their stripes over years and years of promos and in ring action. Owens has not yet done that in my mind to warrant the title you are giving him. But you are of course entitled to give him that title.

Last edited by hollmt : 02-21-2017 at 12:21 PM.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:49 PM   #6553
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Rock was reading his promo notes off his wrist in the Cena timeframe.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #6554
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Rock was reading his promo notes off his wrist in the Cena timeframe.

Didn't I JUST say that in my post above that Cena called him out on it???

Look, I get it. You mark out for Owens and his promos. You swerved my argument into one that was about scripted/bullet pointed promos vs. you and I not thinking the same thing when it comes to Owens being an 'international treasure.'

It isn't about scripted or not. To me it is about selling the live promo. Rock, Austin, Jericho and others did that for years and years and warrant the accolades they get/got. Owens definitely has the ability to do that, but until he is doing it week after week, for years, by himself and not with Jericho standing next to him, he does not warrant the title you are granting him. Sorry.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:59 AM   #6555
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

So Galloway got let go this last week and the rumor is the Hardy's are butting heads with Double-J and are getting released also.

Vince probably needs to grab all 3, right? Gallows wasn't ready when he got the push as the chosen one but I'd think he'd fit in with a upper-mid role. Adding Broken Matt/Jeff to RAW (because RAW tag team division is 100% comedy) might spice up the tag division that seems to rinse,lather,repeat the same phrases for the past 4 years (New Day/Enzo).

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 02-27-2017 at 10:05 AM. Reason: put gallows instead of galloway
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #6556
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Beth Phoenix in the WWE HOF? Am I missing something or is she, by far, the least deserving person to get the nod?
Old 02-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #6557
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
So Galloway got let go this last week and the rumor is the Hardy's are butting heads with Double-J and are getting released also.

Vince probably needs to grab all 3, right? Gallows wasn't ready when he got the push as the chosen one but I'd think he'd fit in with a upper-mid role. Adding Broken Matt/Jeff to RAW (because RAW tag team division is 100% comedy) might spice up the tag division that seems to rinse,lather,repeat the same phrases for the past 4 years (New Day/Enzo).

For all of Jarrett's talk about what the fans want and how different the business is, he sure doesn't understand that TNA doesn't have enough clout to sign acts like the Hardy's and Galloway to exclusive deals and then take a cut of their indy work. TNA is basically one of the bigger territories as the NWA was dying, but they don't run enough shows (or any house shows for that matter) that would require a worker to only work for them.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #6558
molson
General Manager

The WWE isn't really a merits-based HOF like the wrestling observer HOF. It's better to think of it like a regional college or high school sports hall of fame. It's a fun annual event where they honor names from the past who are available that weekend and are willing to come for almost free, which the goal of trying to space out some of the bigger names, not have too many dead people any single year, and have enough variety to appeal to a broad spectrum of fans (including trying to have at least 1 woman every year). It's not really the kind of thing you where you can compare people who aren't in with people who are in. That's just not how membership is established.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:22 PM   #6559
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Yeah, I just don't get the Beth Phoenix inclusion unless it's tied into the Mickie James storyline where she feels disrespected.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #6560
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Beth Phoenix in the WWE HOF? Am I missing something or is she, by far, the least deserving person to get the nod?

Well she did sleep with Punk and Edge so she has that going for her. Did they have their women per year requirement yet?

Speaking of Punk... does he ever get in?
Old 02-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #6561
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
TNA doesn't have enough clout to sign acts like the Hardy's and Galloway to exclusive deals and then take a cut of their indy work.

Except they've been trying to control (and get a piece of the revenue for) the indy work for their roster for a number of years now.

They've gotten away with it on some, had guys willing to walk away in others. Sounds maybe like JJ doesn't get that the company is considerably lower on the food chain than it was when he lost control of it.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #6562
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So, umm, Smackdown.

Did they already hire Broken Matt to write for 'em?
Old 03-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #6563
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Mike Bennett and Maria are gone from TNA. They also let Jade's contract expire despite her featuring in the title picture just last week.

Either Jarrett is clearing the way for all his GFW people to finally get regular TV time, or this actually is the beginning of the end of TNA. I guess we'll find out at the TV tapings tomorrow.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 03-01-2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:03 PM   #6564
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Alberto Del Rio, ODB, and Rachel Ellering at the TNA tapings. Garza Jr and Laredo Kid from Konnan's CRASH promotion in Tijuana. Matt Morgan, Bruce Prichard, and maybe Karen Jarrett involved in various ways as well.

Announcer feud between Borash and Matthews along with everyone saying how stupid the former owners were could be the first two big storylines. Ugh.

Jim Ross to TNA? That would be a surprising move considering how openly critical he's been of the recent talent departures.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #6565
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Alberto Del Rio, ODB, and Rachel Ellering at the TNA tapings. Garza Jr and Laredo Kid from Konnan's CRASH promotion in Tijuana. Matt Morgan, Bruce Prichard, and maybe Karen Jarrett involved in various ways as well.

Announcer feud between Borash and Matthews along with everyone saying how stupid the former owners were could be the first two big storylines. Ugh.

Jim Ross to TNA? That would be a surprising move considering how openly critical he's been of the recent talent departures.

So how long until we get Swagger-Del Rio with Dutch Mantel in the middle?

All I need now is Don West back pushing a Brown Bag special every 5 seconds.

Wondering if JJ tries to get everyone from Smokey/USWA/CWA times since his dad was heavily involved there. I know Ross was Mid-South but close enough.

Is it true Abyss is the booker now?
Old 03-03-2017, 12:40 AM   #6566
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
So how long until we get Swagger-Del Rio with Dutch Mantel in the middle?

All I need now is Don West back pushing a Brown Bag special every 5 seconds.

Wondering if JJ tries to get everyone from Smokey/USWA/CWA times since his dad was heavily involved there. I know Ross was Mid-South but close enough.

Is it true Abyss is the booker now?

They've mentioned Don West on TV for several weeks now. Alberto beats Lashley on night one. Dutch and Bruce on TV. Dusty finishes as far as the eye can see. And it sure seems like Dutch was hinting towards Swagger.

Without seeing it, the only thing that seems good from night 1 is that the TNA name is officially dead.

No idea on the booker, but who the hell knows what Impact Wrestling is up to?
Old 03-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #6567
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Swagger vs Alberto in Norwich on March 11. I can only assume he'll be in Impact when his no-compete clause runs out.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #6568
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Scary shit, here's hoping it's only scary :/

Tomoaki Honma carried out of the ring after suffering an injury
Old 03-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #6569
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Hey Vince, everybody hates Reigns and was starting to buy into Strowman. Way to screw it up senile old man.

Banks beats Nia clean. Bayley ends Charlotte's PPV win streak after Flair was convinced to leave Dana Brooke in the back and Sasha ran out to catch Charlotte cheating.

What the hell are they doing tonight?

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 03-05-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:16 PM   #6570
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Strowman vs Reigns was an excellent match. Strowman looked great, this loss didnt hurt him much. Getting sick of Goldberg squashes. At this point it doesnt look like Goldberg/Lesnar can Main Event WM with a 2 minute match. Joe is looking very strong. Nice booking with him so far.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-05-2017 at 10:18 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #6571
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

2 minutes? We'd be so lucky. Goldberg just isn't in enough shape to do more than a couple moves. Like I understand his draw and don't have a problem with him on the card. But why bury your up and coming talent and turn over the championship? Why not just book him against someone like Rusev?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #6572
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well that appears to have been a royal shitshow.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #6573
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
2 minutes? We'd be so lucky. Goldberg just isn't in enough shape to do more than a couple moves. Like I understand his draw and don't have a problem with him on the card. But why bury your up and coming talent and turn over the championship? Why not just book him against someone like Rusev?

Thats the crazy part. They are building this Lesnar/Goldberg match so presumably it will be the Main Event. But how the hell do they book it? Can they just let the heel destroy the face in a squash and call it a show? Im having a hard time understanding at this point where they can possibly go with Goldberg and his 2 moves?
Old 03-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #6574
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Well that appears to have been a royal shitshow.

It was bad and very little storyline advancement. The highlights were Samoa Joe, Neville vs Gallagher, and Reigns/Strowman. The Main Event Event sucked and nothing of importance seemed to have happened.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:52 AM   #6575
Mota
College Benchwarmer

This is 2017. Big jacked up guys that can't go in the ring are a thing of the past. These quick matches are still a novelty, but I can't wait for the crowd to turn on Goldberg.

The WWE just never seems to understand that in two months, Goldberg and Lesnar will be nowhere to be found, and it'll be Kevin Owens trying to fill up the house shows. You know, the guy they jobbed out in 4 seconds.

Also, you have such a likeable guy in Sami Zayn, yet he is a complete jobber in WWE. Then you have a guy like Roman Reigns who knows maybe 2 more moves than Goldberg, is rejected by the crowd, and yet he keeps getting shoved down our throats.

I know I talk about Roman Reigns a lot, but his booking continuously astounds me.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:31 AM   #6576
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
The WWE just never seems to understand that in two months, Goldberg and Lesnar will be nowhere to be found, and it'll be Kevin Owens trying to fill up the house shows. You know, the guy they jobbed out in 4 seconds.

And the thing most seem to miss, house shows don't matter anymore.
That's the old business model. Today its all about PPV buys, WWE network subscriptions and direct ad sales.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:08 AM   #6577
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Owens vs Jericho for WM is going to steal the show.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #6578
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
And the thing most seem to miss, house shows don't matter anymore.
That's the old business model. Today its all about PPV buys, WWE network subscriptions and direct ad sales.

PPV buys don't matter anymore. It's literally WWE network and ads for TV. House shows matter for merch sales, but I'm pretty sure most of that is online these days. That's it.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 03-06-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:30 AM   #6579
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
PPV buys don't matter anymore. It's literally WWE network and ads for TV. House shows matter for merch sales, but I'm pretty sure most of that is online these days. That's it.

The Network still operates at a loss I think but not a huge one since they opened up markets around the world now. Live shows and the TV deals make most of the profits for the WWE. I think Licensing is the third category for them in profits with Live Merch in 4th. If I remember correctly, Live show merch does triple what online does profit wise (which makes some sense with live show merch marked up while wwe.shop merch having some sort of marked down sale every day.)
Old 03-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #6580
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
The Network still operates at a loss I think but not a huge one since they opened up markets around the world now. Live shows and the TV deals make most of the profits for the WWE. I think Licensing is the third category for them in profits with Live Merch in 4th. If I remember correctly, Live show merch does triple what online does profit wise (which makes some sense with live show merch marked up while wwe.shop merch having some sort of marked down sale every day.)

The network needed to hit, I believe, 1.2 million to make money and it's somewhere over 1.5 million at this point.

I guess the live show merchandise does make sense that way.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #6581
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I didn't hate the show last night as when I think about the matches or individuals, they weren't horrible.

I thought certain wrestlers looked the best that I've seen in a while. Jinder (who will be suspended for HGH or steroids soon by those veins in his shoulder or acne on his back) looked probably the best I've seen in a wile. Nia looked more comfortable in her role (and I agree the end was wrong). Stroman and Reigns both looked good. Neville and Mary Poppins had a great match. Big Show moved around better than he has in probably a decade.

I guess my question is, besides Roman, who can you push as a face right now under the age of 40? {Jericho/Goldberg will be the face obviously on his way out} I guess Balor if he doesn't end up with the Club. I just can't see Zayn as the #2 face on RAW.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #6582
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The network needed to hit, I believe, 1.2 million to make money and it's somewhere over 1.5 million at this point.

I guess the live show merchandise does make sense that way.

Quote from Q2 financial report 2016. This was them reaching 1.52 million subscribers. I suspect they are getting closer to higher profits with the production of their own shows more than buy libraries of tapes as of late.

– WWE Network Revenue was $51.8 million, but WWE reported a loss of $5.7 million.

This was due to how WWE allocated costs between Network and TV Production. WWE noted: “For the second quarter 2016, the implementation of this allocation methodology reduced Network segment (profit) by $5.3 million and increased Television segment (profit) by a corresponding $5.3 million.”
Old 03-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #6583
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
I didn't hate the show last night as when I think about the matches or individuals, they weren't horrible.

I thought certain wrestlers looked the best that I've seen in a while. Jinder (who will be suspended for HGH or steroids soon by those veins in his shoulder or acne on his back) looked probably the best I've seen in a wile. Nia looked more comfortable in her role (and I agree the end was wrong). Stroman and Reigns both looked good. Neville and Mary Poppins had a great match. Big Show moved around better than he has in probably a decade.

I guess my question is, besides Roman, who can you push as a face right now under the age of 40? {Jericho/Goldberg will be the face obviously on his way out} I guess Balor if he doesn't end up with the Club. I just can't see Zayn as the #2 face on RAW.

They're handling Zayn correctly at the moment so that he can be built into the #2, or even #1, face down the road. You can't push Roman as a face because 65% of the crowd hates him on a good night.

Balor was correctly slotted as the top face and his injury was lousy luck for the brand. Rollins could be the top face but they haven't booked him well as one and he's gotten injured twice now. Maybe they realize that fans want to cheer Strowman right now and give him a run as a monster babyface before he turns on someone like Balor or Rollins?

The biggest problem is that Vince doesn't seem to know how to make a true babyface anymore. Daniel Bryan happened to him and he fought it every step along the way. Bayley's lack of integrity about the way she won the women's title is a perfect illustration of him/his writers not understanding what decent people do. Zayn is probably the last hope right now for a true babyface.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #6584
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The biggest problem is that Vince doesn't seem to know how to make a true babyface anymore. Daniel Bryan happened to him and he fought it every step along the way. Bayley's lack of integrity about the way she won the women's title is a perfect illustration of him/his writers not understanding what decent people do. Zayn is probably the last hope right now for a true babyface.

Eh, I don't know about DB as I think it was handled how everyone wants. The struggle for the good guy always getting screwed with the climax @ Mania. I think that's the only way to make a true baby face now as we want everyone to be a heel or a tweener. Did they accidentally make it happen, sure, but it played out perfectly (minus his injury ending his career). It's become the gold standard as how people think a person should win their first title. When it doesn't happen this way, people freak the F out.

And that tweener part is my thoughts on how they are using Bayley. They don't have a tweener in the women's division. I think ultimately, Bayley is the face and Sasha becomes the tweener. The heels are defined unless they want to somehow go the Horsewomen route but they need an opposite faction that is as strong and they are years from that happening. If they can't find a tweener there then the women's division will continue to be the same matches for 18 straight weeks until they decide to change up the matchups for the next 18 week rotation.

Last chance at a true babyface is the struggle as I don't think fans want a true baby face. It's easier to be the heel than the face with most guys fitting the tweener role. Roman's problem is it's near impossible to go from heel to face. If Roman hadn't started with the shield then people would accept him as a face easier but they don't want to. They want the Shield to form again.

Who are the greatest faces of the last 30 years? Stone Cold (anti-the boss), Rock (anti-the boss), Sting (anti-everyone), D Bryan (anti-authority), Punk (anit-establishment), Cena. In almost every case it's the bosses versus the worker and it's been that way for 50+ years. Stephanie just can't pull off what Vince could in the past. I have hope that they will try the opposite with Kurt Angle being the commish soon on RAW and having the bad guys screw things for him with the need for to develop the good guys for us to root for.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #6585
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They don't have a tweener in the women's division.

They have a perfect one ... she's just not been called up :/
Old 03-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #6586
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
They have a perfect one ... she's just not been called up :/

She can't talk and unfortunately you have to be able to on RAW. If not Cesaro would be the face that we need right now.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:42 PM   #6587
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
She can't talk and unfortunately you have to be able to on RAW. If not Cesaro would be the face that we need right now.

She's more entertaining with 4-5 words than most of their roster with an hour of script.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #6588
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
She's more entertaining with 4-5 words than most of their roster with an hour of script.

If that was the case, she'd have her own show on E!
Old 03-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #6589
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If that was the case, she'd have her own show on E!

That's about ... different assets
Old 03-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #6590
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That's about ... different assets

Vince just needs a reminder on why they hired Gail Kim. Long rumored to be the reason was JR told him there was an Asian Porn fetish so they needed an Asian. I mean he gave the green light to Holy Foley so obviously Vince will let them make anything if someone gives them a reason.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #6591
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Vince just needs a reminder on why they hired Gail Kim. Long rumored to be the reason was JR told him there was an Asian Porn fetish so they needed an Asian. I mean he gave the green light to Holy Foley so obviously Vince will let them make anything if someone gives them a reason.

ECW Extreme Warfare Volume 2 Ad (1996) - YouTube
Old 03-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #6592
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'll take a wild guess this is Kimona? You know Vince didn't watch ECW back then.

But Trips seems to was a lot of Impact so I wonder if he pulls in Jade and tries to package her with Asuka and use Jade as the mouthpiece.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #6593
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll take a wild guess this is Kimona? You know Vince didn't watch ECW back then.

Yep, she's the last thing mentioned in the spot
Old 03-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #6594
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:

But Trips seems to was a lot of Impact so I wonder if he pulls in Jade and tries to package her with Asuka and use Jade as the mouthpiece.

I'm fully on board with more Mia Yim on TV.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:34 PM   #6595
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Impact Wrestling is doomed. The storylines/roster sound horrible. Between a drunken Laurel Van Ness wearing her wedding gown after being shunned weeks earlier and then leaving with Earl Hebner, Chris Adonis (Masters) reviving the Masterlock Challenge, and Magnus showing up with the GFW title, it sounds like a complete train wreck.

On top of that, Spike denied a rumor they were negotiating to bring the show back.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 03-06-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #6596
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote from Q2 financial report 2016. This was them reaching 1.52 million subscribers. I suspect they are getting closer to higher profits with the production of their own shows more than buy libraries of tapes as of late.

– WWE Network Revenue was $51.8 million, but WWE reported a loss of $5.7 million.

This was due to how WWE allocated costs between Network and TV Production. WWE noted: “For the second quarter 2016, the implementation of this allocation methodology reduced Network segment (profit) by $5.3 million and increased Television segment (profit) by a corresponding $5.3 million.”

How many of the subscribers are paid? They were running a 3-month free promo right around Royal Rumble. Believe they have another promo that's giving away WrestleMania for free too.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:23 PM   #6597
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Owens vs Jericho for WM is going to steal the show.

It's too bad it's not for the title. Jericho going for one last title run at WM would have been amazing. It would have given the belt some much needed prestige and the crowd would have been hot for it. Could either give a great WM moment to Jericho or cement Owens as the top heel going forward.

Instead we'll get a 2 minute match with Lesnar and Goldberg a decade or so after they had a terrible main event in their primes.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:31 PM   #6598
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
How many of the subscribers are paid? They were running a 3-month free promo right around Royal Rumble. Believe they have another promo that's giving away WrestleMania for free too.

I've been a subscriber from the start. Cancelled today and was given a free month. I have a feeling they constantly have a lot of free monthers.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #6599
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I've been a subscriber from the start. Cancelled today and was given a free month. I have a feeling they constantly have a lot of free monthers.

I subscribed at the start too. I cancel every few months, they come around and offer me free months, I cancel again, repeat. I probably end up with the network for 9 months out of the year and pay for 3 months tops. All I really care about is Summerslam, Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania. Surprised they give those months for free so often.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #6600
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

To be honest, it's wayyyyy lower than I thought.

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/n...2017-133041348

According to the report on Dec 31st, 2016
1.473 million subscribers
Paid US 1.033 mil
Paid INT .37 mil
So paid is 1.403 so .07 is free subscribers. I figure more people are stealing Netflix at that rate.