Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2022, 10:01 PM   #6551
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Leaked report says Federal Investigators have determined Hunter Biden has committed tax evasion and another crime dealing with a weapon he purchased. I wish they would just go ahead and charge him. I have no problem believing he is guilty.

Yup, I agree.

I'm pretty sure there was influence peddling also. Not sure if that is technically illegal, but let's have that all come out (after mid-terms).
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 10:07 PM   #6552
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I absolutely hope they go after Hunter Biden.Charging and prosecuting him would be a shrewd move that I'd love to believe would shred half of the MAGA playbook/coloring book. I'm sure I'm underestimating the mental gymnastics of the true believers.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 10:11 PM   #6553
PilotMan
Head Coach

I would totally be down for a semi regular regimen of edibles if I could do it and not put my job at risk. And why can't they figure out a better delivery system that doesn't stink up the entire street? Figure this out, it can't be that hard.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:18 AM   #6554
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
And why can't they figure out a better delivery system that doesn't stink up the entire street? Figure this out, it can't be that hard.

The THC oil that thesloppy is smoking with Brittney Griner may taste and smell like strawberries. Or it could be mixed with natural terps that make it taste and smell like regular weed.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 10-07-2022 at 08:18 AM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:22 AM   #6555
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I absolutely hope they go after Hunter Biden.Charging and prosecuting him would be a shrewd move that I'd love to believe would shred half of the MAGA playbook/coloring book. I'm sure I'm underestimating the mental gymnastics of the true believers.

In their minds, it would just solidify what they've "known" all along - that Hunter did illegal shit so bad they had no choice but to charge him, while Trump didn't do anything and they are straining hard to make a case.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:09 AM   #6556
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Yup, I agree.

I'm pretty sure there was influence peddling also. Not sure if that is technically illegal, but let's have that all come out (after mid-terms).

On the influence peddling, that has always been a thing. Unless they are going to go after the after all Trump kids stuff that is just partisan policitics.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #6557
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I heard today someone spin it that the Hunter Biden stuff is bad for Trump. If they indict Biden on a relatively benign charge like tax evasion or lying on a gun permit surely they must indict Trump for the far more serious charges.

Last edited by Lathum : 10-07-2022 at 11:26 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #6558
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I can now think of 2 different national ads really playing up the down economy right now

There's the Dominos ad about how the economy is bad so they're giving 20% off (off their newly increased prices)

And then indeed(? some job site?) is really playing up the bad economy with the zombie job hiring guy falling apart

It feels a little weird since I don't think that's the sentiment that everyone has right now. This is still a really weird economy we're in - jobs available but they don't pay enough. But is that enough that if you're a big national company, you're like "let's tap into that?"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-08-2022 at 11:32 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:27 PM   #6559
Ksyrup

Well, just wait for gas prices to go back to $4.50 in a couple of weeks because of the not-so-curiously-timed OPEC cut.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-08-2022, 02:30 PM   #6560
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Well, just wait for gas prices to go back to $4.50 in a couple of weeks because of the not-so-curiously-timed OPEC cut.

We're at about $5.50 here while gas prices everywhere else have been dropping because basically all the refineries on the west coast are currently shut down.

I don't know you see someone like this and ever conclude the president has much of an impact on gas prices at any given time.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 05:32 PM   #6561
Atocep
Coordinator

We've had 10 National Guard soldiers die at the border supporting Abbott's stupid political stunt.

5 suicides, 2 accidental shootings, 1 drowning trying to save two migrants without a floatation device because the soldiers are improperly equipped, 1 motorcycle accident death, and 1 died from a blood clot after pulling a guard shift in record heat.

They also failed to properly tax the extra pay they're getting to support this shitshow and if you don't know how the military takes back money that's owed it comes out in 1 or more chunks depending on how much you make. If you owe more than 1 paycheck you'll get nothing for that pay period. If you owe more than multiple paychecks you don't receive pay until it's paid off. The soldiers had no idea it wasn't getting taxed properly so they're getting short paychecks with no notice.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:06 AM   #6562
Edward64
Head Coach

We've been under $3 for a few weeks now. Premium is about $3.50.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:15 AM   #6563
Ksyrup

We were just above $3 and we're now back up close to $3.50.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:59 AM   #6564
Flasch186
Coordinator

Who’s going to go take down ask of those “I did that” stickers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 03:57 PM   #6565
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

They should stop selling weapons to Saudi Arabia and withdraw troops from the country.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 04:55 PM   #6566
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So is Kim Jong Un also working for the benefit of the GOP's mid-term chances?
Old 10-11-2022, 09:28 PM   #6567
Edward64
Head Coach

Yeah, talk is cheap Joe.

I'm rooting for you but let's see what you actually do. Best is to continue to heavily invest/subsidize alternate fuel cars (even if you don't like Elon Musk), and get the 5% SA heavy crude import from somewhere else to bide us time.

Quote:
Angered by the kingdom’s decision to team up with Russia, President Biden signaled openness to retaliatory measures, including a halt to arms sales and allowing price-fixing lawsuits.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-11-2022 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:35 PM   #6568
Edward64
Head Coach

Joe, this is the right answer. This is how most parents would answer. It would have helped if you also said "if he did something wrong, he should be held accountable (but I still love him)"

The real issue is if he continued his "wayward" ways after he "overcame that". My guess is there's still some dirt there.

Hunter Biden: President addresses possible criminal charges against son and says he's 'proud' of son's fight against drug addiction | CNN Politics
Quote:
President Joe Biden on Tuesday for the first time addressed his son’s exposure to possible criminal charges for allegedly lying on a gun-purchase application, but he said he was proud of Hunter Biden for confronting his struggles with drug addiction in an interview with Jake Tapper aired on “CNN Tonight.”

Hunter Biden purchased a gun during a time in which he has now acknowledged he was struggling with drug addiction – an issue now under federal criminal investigation because federal law requires purchasers to attest that they aren’t users of or addicted to illegal drugs, CNN has reported. Federal prosecutors are weighing possible charges related tax violations and for making a false statement related to the gun purchase, CNN reported.

President Biden told Tapper on Tuesday that he was “proud” of Hunter Biden for being straightforward about his battle with drug addiction.

“This is a kid who got – not a kid, he’s a grown man – he got hooked on, like many families have had happen, hooked on drugs. He’s overcome that. He’s established a new life,” Biden said.

“I’m confident that he is – what he says and does are consistent with what happens,” the President said. “And for example, he wrote a book about his problems and was straightforward about it. I’m proud of him.”
:
“So, I have great confidence in my son,” he went on. “I love him and he’s on the straight and narrow, and he has been for a couple years now. And I’m just so proud of him.”
Old 10-12-2022, 08:13 AM   #6569
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 10-12-2022, 05:49 PM   #6570
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It is to the point where I actually feel bad for old-school conservatives. Let's say that you don't want to vote for a Democrat next month. But let's also say that you don't think that parents should get a life imprisonment sentence for making medical decision for their kids. Well, you can't have both. You vote for the Dems or you vote for this.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:57 PM   #6571
Ksyrup

I think for many, it's easy to ignore stuff like this. It doesn't impact them. It's like all the COVID deniers who got it, almost died and then changed their tune. Unless you are personally affected, it's out of sight out of mind.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:01 PM   #6572
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It is the one thing Lindsey Graham was right about...
Old 10-12-2022, 06:13 PM   #6573
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm trying to think of an analogy. I guess it would be if the GOP were run by a Jeb Bush type and the Dems were run by people to the left of AOC who were sincerely and honestly trying to outlaw capitalism.

I'd vote for the GOP there. But I'd be pretty annoyed by the whole thing and honestly feel pretty homeless politically.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:14 PM   #6574
cuervo72
Head Coach

What, all two dozen of them?

There have been plenty of off-ramps where the decision that the Dem was the lesser of two "evils" could have been taken by this point.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:31 PM   #6575
Ksyrup

A Dem is never the lesser of 2 evils. See, this was never an issue before because there was always a moderate off-ramp so the GOP didn't need to court the David Duke types. Trump's popularity changed the equation. It was a huge test and our system has failed. Even if Trump loses or doesn't run again, the system has been compromised. Once you see it has legs, you can refine it and accomplish the same end goals with someone far more politically savvy than Trump.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:54 PM   #6576
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Also, for those few people who were thinking of not voting for Democrats because something . . . something . . . inflation, MTG is here to make sure that you are aware that this election has nothing to do with inflation and everything to do with whether parents of murdered kids should be slandered and defamed:

Old 10-12-2022, 09:34 PM   #6577
PilotMan
Head Coach

That bitch can die in a fiery crash.

Like Steam?

Old 10-12-2022, 09:45 PM   #6578
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
That bitch can die in a fiery crash.

And then get in another fiery crash on her way to the cemetery

Last edited by BYU 14 : 10-12-2022 at 09:46 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:23 PM   #6579
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
It is to the point where I actually feel bad for old-school conservatives. Let's say that you don't want to vote for a Democrat next month. But let's also say that you don't think that parents should get a life imprisonment sentence for making medical decision for their kids. Well, you can't have both. You vote for the Dems or you vote for this.

I went back and forth on wading into this, but ... alas.

This isn't a medical decision. This isn't a parent deciding whether or not to consent to a risky treatment that could cure their sick child. This a parent consenting to elective life-altering medication and/or surgeries for a minor, who cannot possibly have a clear understanding of what they're about to undergo - not to mention teens and younger aren't exactly notorious for sticking with decisions longer than 5 minutes.

Putting your child through trans surgeries and medication is child abuse. You are forever changing the life of a child who cannot possibly be mature enough to fully understand the scope of that decision. Get the kid all the psychiatric help they need to come to terms with themselves, and let them make their own decision about their future when they're of age. This should not be even remotely an option for children.

Let's put this in a little bit harsher terms, 'cause effectively, this is what some of these procedures do. If I said, "A parent should be able to decide to sterilize and/or castrate their child", in what world is that okay?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:47 PM   #6580
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I went back and forth on wading into this, but ... alas.

This isn't a medical decision. This isn't a parent deciding whether or not to consent to a risky treatment that could cure their sick child. This a parent consenting to elective life-altering medication and/or surgeries for a minor, who cannot possibly have a clear understanding of what they're about to undergo - not to mention teens and younger aren't exactly notorious for sticking with decisions longer than 5 minutes.

Putting your child through trans surgeries and medication is child abuse. You are forever changing the life of a child who cannot possibly be mature enough to fully understand the scope of that decision. Get the kid all the psychiatric help they need to come to terms with themselves, and let them make their own decision about their future when they're of age. This should not be even remotely an option for children.

Let's put this in a little bit harsher terms, 'cause effectively, this is what some of these procedures do. If I said, "A parent should be able to decide to sterilize and/or castrate their child", in what world is that okay?

I agree with you in general. However, I see there maybe very limited exceptions to the rule, and I can see debate on what is "of age" (e.g 16 vs 18) but yeah, it should be the "of age" child's decision.

I do think the law is misplaced in directing it towards the parents. They are in a very stressful situation, very likely over several years, very likely influenced one way or another, right or wrong, by third parties etc. I have to believe they are doing what they truly believe is best for the not-of-age child.

I think the law should be directed toward medical/health professionals that enable and do these procedures on people not yet "of age". And yes, there should be public resources to help the kids before they come of age.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-12-2022 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:00 PM   #6581
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I agree with you in general. However, I see there maybe very limited exceptions to the rule, and I can see debate on what is "of age" (e.g 16 vs 18) but yeah, it should be the "of age" child's decision.

I do think the law is misplaced in directing it towards the parents. They are in a very stressful situation, very likely over several years, very likely influenced one way or another, right or wrong, by third parties etc. I have to believe they are doing what they truly believe is best for the not-of-age child.

I think the law should be directed toward medical/health professionals that enable and do these procedures on people not yet "of age". And yes, there should be public resources to help the kids before they come of age.

There's always exceptions, absolutely (sadly, our legal system has a long standing tradition of pretending special circumstances don't exist in many cases, but that's a different discussion altogether). Have to be very very very very exceptionally exceptional circumstances for this one IMO, but yeah.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:29 PM   #6582
PilotMan
Head Coach

In general, I agree with you CW. You don't want weird, random decisions made for impulsive kids, where the options to reverse it are not easy.

Having said that, this legislation hits a very, very, very small group of kids, who have been born with a sexual abnormality, and this attempt is one to right the ship, so to speak, and give them an actual identity that fits them. Denying such things, simply denies that they exist (and only serves the TWO SEXES crowd), and effectively buries heads in the sand in ignorance of being able to better someone's life.

Because while on the surface, this seems to make sense, it really only impacts those kids who might actually "need" something like this to have a shot at feeling normal. My guess, and it's a guess, is that these are the most common 'kids who are getting gender affirming surgery'.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 10-12-2022 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:54 PM   #6583
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I was thinking along the same lines, but there is actually a carve-out for intersex individuals in that bill, for whatever it is worth.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 12:20 AM   #6584
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I have a hard time believing this kind of treatment is being made on impulse, or whim. No parent hears their daughter Jane one day say she wants to be Bob and checks them into a clinic the next day to get their genitals switched. No, parents and children arrive at this point after years of difficult conversations, depression, anxiety, and doubt (and that's just in the family) as well as extensive consultations with a number of medical professionals.

Body dysmorphia is a major contributor to youth depression, anxiety, and suicide, and a number of the treatments banned by this legislation are fully-reversible non-surgical interventions that result in improved mental health outcomes: Youth Access to Gender Affirming Care: The Federal and State Policy Landscape | KFF

Irreversible medical interventions on minors for the purpose of gender transition should probably be banned, though a common sense loophole would be nice where if enough doctors agree it's the right choice, maybe we should listen to them?

But that's not what this legislation does. This legislation takes away reversible medical tools that are shown to improve mental wellness and health. That seems callous.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 05:50 AM   #6585
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

CW, that is your opinion and it is your right but by having that opinion you also then have to accept the fact a large number of these kids will take their own lives.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:54 AM   #6586
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Some people (full disclosure, I am among them) think that denying kids trans health care is more dangerous than giving it to them because of the increased suicides, etc.

Other people think that kids are too young to make that decision and that they shouldn't be allowed to make major changes to their body that they may later regret.

Can most of us agree that for a highly personal and hotly debated area like this, the government shouldn't be using the criminal law to throw people in jail for trying their best to make the best choice for their kids?

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 10-13-2022 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:58 AM   #6587
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Flere hits it on the head, and just like everything else the right distorts it to make it into a culture war. These decisions aren't made on a whim, they are made after years of observation, trauma, therapy, etc...but just like the one person who may have had a questionable abortion at 8 months they will trot out the one person who had the surgery at 14 and now at 24 regrets it.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:06 AM   #6588
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Here is a question I really don't know. What irreversible surgical procedures are being done to children under 18, and how common is it? Hormone therapy is not irreversible, and something like "top" surgery is far from irreversible (and the two people I know that had top surgery was over 18 when they had it). Do they actually do genital surgeries that young? I thought they basically have to wait for full maturity to do that.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 07:31 AM   #6589
miked
College Starter

All I know is that in Georgia, I just heard a commercial on the radio that said Raphael Warnock wants to turn your boys in to girls, let boys use the girls restroom and compete in girls sports, and if elected he will make sure that taxpayer money gets used to force surgery on unwilling children. Pretty interesting where this has turned.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:38 AM   #6590
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
All I know is that in Georgia, I just heard a commercial on the radio that said Raphael Warnock wants to turn your boys in to girls, let boys use the girls restroom and compete in girls sports, and if elected he will make sure that taxpayer money gets used to force surgery on unwilling children. Pretty interesting where this has turned.

I realize there are a lot of ignorant easily manipulated people out there, but are any swing voters really going to believe this crap?

Like, are there really people out there agonizing over their vote and this is the commercial that pushes them to vote Walker?

I just don't see it.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:49 AM   #6591
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I realize there are a lot of ignorant easily manipulated people out there, but are any swing voters really going to believe this crap?

Like, are there really people out there agonizing over their vote and this is the commercial that pushes them to vote Walker?

I just don't see it.

I think it is designed to get base voters to the polls. Someone who isn't motivated to vote but might be in order to prevent this evil.

It also helps frame the debate. If the Dems have to spend time saying "of course we aren't doing that," then it gives them less space to point out what trans health care actually is.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:57 AM   #6592
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

This feels like it isn't that different than the 90s and 00s where making people scared of "Big Gay" was one of the GOP's big playbook items to drive turnout. But then enough people realized that, well, it's not some big, scary cabal of people trying to rape you or turn your children gay - it's just people trying to live their lives like everyone else. So that, at this point, the majority of society does not live in fear of the literal gay steamroller.

And it's not as if that's gone, it's just less prevalent. Pre-pandemic, I was on the way to lunch with two coworkers in their car with some conservative talk show host was bloviating about homosexuality in the background so I asked them about it. One told me that they thought being gay was a choice and that people made it because they were brain damaged. The other thought it was a birth defect and got uncomfortably close to eugenics solutions to help society get rid of the problem. I had no reason to doubt this is what they honestly believed - they know my political stances, in broad strokes, but I also wanted them to know their point of view.

This feels like it's out of that same playbook, only with like an even smaller percentage of the population as the boogeyman: fear the trans, they're going to invade the wrong bathroom and fondle your kids. You know, these people who are already so discriminated against in so many other aspects in life, they have time and energy to go around doing this just to screw with you, drama queen. It's like one of our neighbors sarcastically said about being gay, while rolling her eyes: "Yeah, I chose to do that - I chose to have the much harder path in life because of who I love."

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 08:08 AM   #6593
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think it is designed to get base voters to the polls. Someone who isn't motivated to vote but might be in order to prevent this evil.

It also helps frame the debate. If the Dems have to spend time saying "of course we aren't doing that," then it gives them less space to point out what trans health care actually is.

Yeah, so much of politics these days is motivating the base to turn out, I just think this one could backfire. Maybe it is because of my worldview but I can see a lot of independents seeing this as just one step too far into the crazy and coming out to vote against it.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:10 AM   #6594
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm listening to a town hall at Georgetown with Mayor Pete. He is so damn smart and articulate. He knows all the numbers cold, has logic answers for every questions, some from students so possibly not vetted, and his delivery is spot on. I'm not so naïve to think 'merica is ready for a gay president, but I think in time he would be fabulous.

Last edited by Lathum : 10-13-2022 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:15 AM   #6595
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- The cavernous cintrast between how Trump talks and how Pete talks blows my mind how anyone can listen to Trump and think, "thats my guy"

I guess there is just a huge section that thinks people like Pete have a smart mouth and is too uppity for them and Trump is their guy because he talks like they do.

What a weird badge of honor it is to be uneducated.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:31 AM   #6596
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Can most of us agree that for a highly personal and hotly debated area like this, the government shouldn't be using the criminal law to throw people in jail for trying their best to make the best choice for their kids?

Absolutely agree.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:48 AM   #6597
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Trump is their guy because he talks like they do.

What's been shown over the past 6+ years is that this has a double meaning. There's the "he doesn't use fancy speak so he sounds like me" part of it, and then there's the "he says the things I want to say publicly but can't" part of it. And increasingly, it sure looks like the former is the cover story for the latter.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:58 AM   #6598
cuervo72
Head Coach

He's unabashedly an asshole, is what it is. Same thing with rallying around Alex Jones. Or Rush Limbaugh, MTG, etc. They're all assholes.

Synonymous with deplorable, really. They just want to be able to treat others like shit, if they feel like it.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:03 AM   #6599
cuervo72
Head Coach

I mean, it's like it's some sort of feeling of power, some weird thrill at being able to hurt others. Probably why some people beat their kids, or abuse animals. (Probably why some others want to go into law enforcement, or elderly "care," or even medicine.)
Old 10-13-2022, 09:08 AM   #6600
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW on detransitioners that had regret. Basically, there are a bunch of studies, polls etc. and it seems to vary widely from 1-8%. I don't think we are settled on the stat yet but that's the range.

Detransition - Wikipedia
Quote:
Formal studies of detransition have been few in number,[15] of disputed quality,[16] and politically controversial.[17] Frequency estimates for detransition and desistance vary greatly, with notable differences in terminology and methodology.[18] Detransition is more common in the earlier stages of transition, particularly before surgeries.[19] The number of detransitioners is unknown, with estimates ranging from less than 1% to as many as 8%.[18][20]

With that said, if there are reversible, non-surgical methods, I'm all for it. If the stats on suicide attempts below are true, then it's probably worth a shot. When I read the below, I was surprised it said "attempted" vs "thought about" (which isn't as shocking to me).

New Study Reveals Shocking Rates of Attempted Suicide Among Trans Adolescents - Human Rights Campaign
Quote:
More than half of transgender male teens who participated in the survey reported attempting suicide in their lifetime, while 29.9 percent of transgender female teens said they attempted suicide.