Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2009, 05:16 AM   #601
RainMaker
General Manager

I agree with what Barkley said after the game in regards to Artest. What he did wasn't really crazy. He got elbowed in the throat on purpose and got in Kobe's face to tell him that it wasn't alright. He didn't swing at him or start a brawl. He even said afterwards he expected to get a technical and that's it for it (which is what he should have got). But he learned that breathing on the NBA's precious Kobe is an automatic ejection.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #602
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Ah, the fans are certainly coming out.

While I agree that Fisher deserved to be ejected, that was nothing compared to what happened back in the "glory days" of the NBA as so many like to talk about.

DING DING! We have a winner.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #603
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I have no fucking idea why the Rockets don't go to Yao every trip down the floor. He's such a huge mismatch for other teams.

Why was Artest thrown out? Was that his second technical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
should do that more often. Like at least every 3rd time he doesn´t get the ball with perfect position...

Brooks is not a nba staring level PG. Seriously, if you can´t pass the ball with a man on you, where´s the point ?

The one post answers the other. Brooks has issues with the entry pass. If the Rockets had anything close to a competent PG, the offense would flow more readily through Yao.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #604
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree with what Barkley said after the game in regards to Artest. What he did wasn't really crazy. He got elbowed in the throat on purpose and got in Kobe's face to tell him that it wasn't alright. He didn't swing at him or start a brawl. He even said afterwards he expected to get a technical and that's it for it (which is what he should have got). But he learned that breathing on the NBA's precious Kobe is an automatic ejection.

I actually agreed with Chuck about those certain bits of the press conference with Artest. It sounded damn near coherent, particularly for him. That said, the ejection was at least technical because you can't let something like that escalate. But an ejection- I dunno. I do love the little bald ref trying to get between the two of them when it's clear they weren't about to throw down- it's just funny to see. It's like the "just hold me back" friend.

Fisher. Enjoy the pine for at least game 3 if not 4 as well. There's no way in hell he shouldn't be suspended at least 1 game.

SI

Old 05-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #605
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Fisher has to be suspended for a game. If it's anyone he hits other than Scola, then you might be able to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. But the fact that on the previous play Scola got into it with Odom and Walton makes Fisher's move that much more of a punk move. It was premeditated retaliation. Sit him down for a game.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #606
Groundhog
Coordinator

Ronny the Vampire Slayer.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #607
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Not enuf love in this thread for the dominating win by the Celtics last night.

Another triple-double for Rondo - he's amazing when he's pushing the tempo and penetrating, massive points and minutes by the bench after Pierce's early foul troubles...if they can maintain this momentum and defensive intensity they'll cruise through Orlando. Still feel they'll fall to Lebron though unfortunately.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #608
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Not enuf love in this thread for the dominating win by the Celtics last night.

Another triple-double for Rondo - he's amazing when he's pushing the tempo and penetrating, massive points and minutes by the bench after Pierce's early foul troubles...if they can maintain this momentum and defensive intensity they'll cruise through Orlando. Still feel they'll fall to Lebron though unfortunately.

I'd love to think that the Celtics-Magic series is going to be worthwhile, but I can't shake the feeling that the Cavs own the East crown.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #609
Logan
Head Coach

You guys nearly killed my work laptop with the GIFs over the last couple pages.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #610
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I'd love to think that the Celtics-Magic series is going to be worthwhile, but I can't shake the feeling that the Cavs own the East crown.

I think I agree unfortunately. With a healthy Garnett (even without a healthy Powe) I think it's different, but unless Rondo is the triple-double machine AND the bench comes up big I can't see them getting past the Cavs.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #611
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I really want the Magic to win this series for the sake of the Cavs. I want them to beat a team and not have to hear excuses.

Not directed at you, DT, but I know damn well if the Celtics beat the Magic we will hear how tired they are and how they don't stand a chance due to that reason.

Then throw in Garnett...
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #612
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Boston isn't the only team in the series missing an All-Star player so there will be excuses either way.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #613
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Who else? Courtney Lee? I expect to see him back by the Cavs series.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 05-07-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #614
Danny
Head Coach

I think he means Jameer Nelson
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #615
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Shiet. Can't believe I forgot about him.

Yea. That one hurts.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #616
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I really want the Magic to win this series for the sake of the Cavs. I want them to beat a team and not have to hear excuses.

Not directed at you, DT, but I know damn well if the Celtics beat the Magic we will hear how tired they are and how they don't stand a chance due to that reason.

Then throw in Garnett...

Don't worry, Garnett will be back for that series.

Last edited by molson : 05-07-2009 at 12:18 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #617
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Who else? Courtney Lee? I expect to see him back by the Cavs series.

van Gundy said he was planning on Lee being back for game three. And yeah I was referring to Nelson.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #618
Groundhog
Coordinator

Um, so I guess Artest's story about a kid getting staked in the heart with a table leg at a basketball game was true:

Player Dies in Stabbing at Basketball Game - The New York Times WOW
Old 05-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #619
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Alston, Fisher suspended one game each

Orlando Magic's Rafer Alston, Los Angeles Lakers' Derek Fisher suspended one game each by NBA - ESPN

I'm surprised that Alston was.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #620
RainMaker
General Manager

The Alston suspension is complete bullshit, especially considering Rondo didn't get suspended for throwing Hinrich into the scorer's table and throwing an elbow at his head (which is much worse than a light slap to the back of the head). But Boston is a big market and they'll get bigger ratings in the conference finals. Oh and Kobe gets off with another elbow to the head.

It shouldn't be surprising, but the NBA should just come out and make rules based on market size.

Last edited by RainMaker : 05-07-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #621
molson
General Manager

Quote:
The Alston suspension is complete bullshit, especially considering Rondo didn't get suspended for throwing Hinrich into the scorer's table and throwing an elbow at his head (which is much worse than a light slap to the back of the head). But Boston is a big market and they'll get bigger ratings in the conference finals. Oh and Kobe gets off with another elbow to the head.

It shouldn't be surprising, but the NBA should just come out and make rules based on market size.

Alston got suspended because because his action was basically an after-the-play taunt, the kind of thing that can lead to a bigger incident. It wasn't the severity of the contact. Obviously, there's more signficant contact than that dozens of times in any NBA game. Comparing the degree of contact with hard fouls misses the point entirely. I don't understand why you can't grasp that distinction. Maybe he should have been suspended, maybe not, but it's not a "hard foul" type play.

Why do you follow a league that you think is rigged with such enthusiasm? It's really odd. This is approximately your 8 billionth reference to NBA conspiracies in this thread. Referring can never be consistent when you're talking thousands of calls over a season with different referees. It's incredibly easy to find evidence of conspiracies if you're looking for them. But you lose credibility when you see it EVERY time. I was intruiged by some of your points earlier but now it's just like a parody.

Last edited by molson : 05-07-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #622
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Oh and Kobe gets off with another elbow to the head.
Replays showed that he got him in the chest (along with showing Artest hanging all over Kobe to begin with). I think the league got it right, but I'm part the of consipiracy so, you know... I would say Go Lakers, but it's already implied.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #623
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Orlando Magic's Rafer Alston, Los Angeles Lakers' Derek Fisher suspended one game each by NBA - ESPN

Ok, so how does this work: "Jackson also announced that the Lakers' Kobe Bryant has been assessed a flagrant foul one for elbowing Houston's Ron Artest in the chest area in the fourth quarter."

What does a flagrant foul announced today mean?

SI

Old 05-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #624
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
What does a flagrant foul announced today mean?

SI
It's not totally pointless. I don't know the number, but you are only allowed a certain number of flagrant points before an automatic suspension is given, so in theory, Kobe is one more point towards being suspended if he continues to get flagrants.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #625
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Alston got suspended because because his action was basically an after-the-play taunt, the kind of thing that can lead to a bigger incident. It wasn't the severity of the contact. Obviously, there's more signficant contact than that dozens of times in any NBA game. Comparing the degree of contact with hard fouls misses the point entirely. I don't understand why you can't grasp that distinction. Maybe he should have been suspended, maybe not, but it's not a "hard foul" type play.
All I ask is consistency. There is no way you can justify suspending Alston and not suspending Rondo. Rondo's action was an after-the-play incident and could have led to a huge brawl. I just don't see how grabbing a guy and heaving him into the scorers table is OK but lightly slapping someone in the head isn't. It makes no sense how you can suspend Alston for something much less violent.

Quote:
Why do you follow a league that you think is rigged with such enthusiasm? It's really odd. This is approximately your 8 billionth reference to NBA conspiracies in this thread. Referring can never be consistent when you're talking thousands of calls over a season with different referees. It's incredibly easy to find evidence of conspiracies if you're looking for them. But you lose credibility when you see it EVERY time. I was intruiged by some of your points earlier but now it's just like a parody.

I like the league and am a big fan of basketball. The WWE side of things is still entertaining. You are correct that refs aren't consistent, but they do have tendencies. I mentioned earlier in the first round that they always put homers (guys like Salvatore and Crawford) in when the major market needs to win a home game. Guess what crews officiated the LA and Boston games last night?

I'm not trying to spread a conspiracy, just going off my experience with the league as someone who was heavily into betting on the sport for years. There were stat guys who could breakdown every facet of a game and pick winners consistently. If they knew who the officials were beforehand, they could increase their odds 5-10% (which is why Donaghy was such a resource for gamblers). Now maybe it's just dumb luck, but when I can pick who is going to officiate based on the trends of the NBA, something isn't right (I will guarantee you that Javie's crew gets a game 7 in either series).

Now I don't know how you can say there isn't favoritism toward the stars. Kobe has gotten away with a couple big elbows in the last few years without a suspension. Something many other players were not allowed. If you even tough a star you'll get in trouble (see Horry's 2 game suspension in the playoffs for a hip check).Now I'm a Bulls fan and can tell you that Michael Jordan got a shitload of favoritism by the officials. They would rarely T him up or toss him out. He was able to get away with a lot of hard fouls others wouldn't. You can't honestly tell me that you feel that Kobe Bryant gets the same treatment from officials and the league office as Rafer Alston?
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #626
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
It's not totally pointless. I don't know the number, but you are only allowed a certain number of flagrant points before an automatic suspension is given, so in theory, Kobe is one more point towards being suspended if he continues to get flagrants.

You get 5 a season. Not sure if that carries over to the playoffs though.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #627
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All I ask is consistency. There is no way you can justify suspending Alston and not suspending Rondo. Rondo's action was an after-the-play incident and could have led to a huge brawl. I just don't see how grabbing a guy and heaving him into the scorers table is OK but lightly slapping someone in the head isn't. It makes no sense how you can suspend Alston for something much less violent.

I like the league and am a big fan of basketball. The WWE side of things is still entertaining. You are correct that refs aren't consistent, but they do have tendencies. I mentioned earlier in the first round that they always put homers (guys like Salvatore and Crawford) in when the major market needs to win a home game. Guess what crews officiated the LA and Boston games last night?

I'm not trying to spread a conspiracy, just going off my experience with the league as someone who was heavily into betting on the sport for years. There were stat guys who could breakdown every facet of a game and pick winners consistently. If they knew who the officials were beforehand, they could increase their odds 5-10% (which is why Donaghy was such a resource for gamblers). Now maybe it's just dumb luck, but when I can pick who is going to officiate based on the trends of the NBA, something isn't right (I will guarantee you that Javie's crew gets a game 7 in either series).

Now I don't know how you can say there isn't favoritism toward the stars. Kobe has gotten away with a couple big elbows in the last few years without a suspension. Something many other players were not allowed. If you even tough a star you'll get in trouble (see Horry's 2 game suspension in the playoffs for a hip check).Now I'm a Bulls fan and can tell you that Michael Jordan got a shitload of favoritism by the officials. They would rarely T him up or toss him out. He was able to get away with a lot of hard fouls others wouldn't. You can't honestly tell me that you feel that Kobe Bryant gets the same treatment from officials and the league office as Rafer Alston?

umm the rondo play was during the run of play dude. the ball was inbounds and the action was going on
Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #628
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
You get 5 a season. Not sure if that carries over to the playoffs though.

You get three flagrant foul points in the playoffs. Kobe now has one. Were he to get called for a flagrant 2, he would not only be ejected for the game he was in at the time of the foul, but he would be suspended for the next one as well. Points do not carry over from the regular season.

There is also a technical foul limit. If you get 7 in the playoffs, you are done for a game.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #629
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
There is also a technical foul limit. If you get 7 in the playoffs, you are done for a game.

Heh, that sure seems like an awful lot.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #630
TroyF
Coordinator

As for the consistency of the officiating in these playoffs, it's been pretty bad.

The Rondo foul on Miller was a flagrant, period. Just because you don't wind up doesn't mean your intent was correct. He made no play on the ball, he busted a guy in the face, that's a flagrant. Had the same thing happened to Rondo at the other end of the floor, I would have expected a Flagrant 2 to be given.

Fisher deserved his suspension. Kobe did not deserve a suspension. Artest did not deserve a suspension. (the NBA got it right) Kenyon Martin deserved to be upgraded to a flagrant one with the 25k fine. (no matter what George Karl says)

The overall reffing of the games themselves? Meh. Some good, some bad. For the first time that I can ever remember, the Nuggets are actually getting a better than fair whistle. Then again, this is as aggressive of a team as I've ever seen play in Denver, so maybe the refs are just as shocked as us Denver fans are. (not all of us, I predicted we'd be damned good if we got rid of Camby and traded AI for a real PG, see this thread for my assessment of the AI trade. . . Iverson traded to... - Front Office Football Central

As for Denver, I've wanted to stay silent on them. I watched them win the 2nd seed and have people predict we'd be round one fodder in the playoffs. I have enjoyed watching people start to come to the realization that we are a good defensive team and that Nene might just have some game.

I think we'll get by Dallas (probably in 5, so long as we don't implode)

Houston or LA? I doubt it. But there is hope. With AI there was no hope. We were a horrible offensive basketball team who could run enough teams out to get to the playoffs. Now we can actually win a game 92-89. With us Nuggets fans, hope is a big, big thing. We haven't had it in a long time.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #631
RainMaker
General Manager

Billups has to be one of the most underated players in the league over the last decade. He rarely gets mentioned amongst the stars in the league but always winds up leading a team to a high seed that goes deep in the playoffs.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #632
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
umm the rondo play was during the run of play dude. the ball was inbounds and the action was going on
So if you miss the shot you can throw the guy into the scorer's table away from the action? Interesting take on the rules.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #633
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is there a mercy rule in the NBA?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #634
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So if you miss the shot you can throw the guy into the scorer's table away from the action? Interesting take on the rules.

i didn't say that. i was just saying your characterization of it as a "dead ball foul" to borrow football terminology, was incorrect
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #635
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Is there a mercy rule in the NBA?

Nope, but there probably ought to be.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #636
stevew
Hall Of Famer

We're so deep into the benches there's dudes out there playing that I didn't even know were in the league. Lemme know if there's a Lo Wright sighting
Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #637
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
i didn't say that. i was just saying your characterization of it as a "dead ball foul" to borrow football terminology, was incorrect
Neither was a dead ball foul. I said both happened after the play on the change of possesion.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #638
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

What is Javies crew know for in the gambling circles

as far as last night is concerned, as soon as Yao picked up 2 real early fouls my mind immediatly thought "yep, Lakers need to win"
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #639
molson
General Manager

The NBA needs to get rid of all the flagrant fouls. If something's really blatant, eject somebody, maybe even suspend him. But these intermediate "flagrant fouls" just ensure inconsistency and bad feelings. Every play is different.

So much of it is superficial. If you have a guy driving, and another defender running at top speed, there's a decent chance there will be a pretty ugly collision with the offensive player getting the worst of it. Sometimes the arm gets the ball, sometimes it misses, things are going so fast and it's incorrect to assume that what happened at that high speed is what the players exactly intended. All of the slow motion analysis is completely ridiculous when trying to judge intent because the events didn't happen in slow motion.

It does make one miss the good old days:

This would make the internet explode day - McHale probably would have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Last edited by molson : 05-07-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #640
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
What is Javies crew know for in the gambling circles

as far as last night is concerned, as soon as Yao picked up 2 real early fouls my mind immediatly thought "yep, Lakers need to win"

I don't know if there is any label on him in sports betting circles, but his crew is the best in the league. They use them for the biggest games.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #641
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
The NBA needs to get rid of all the flagrant fouls. If something's really blatant, eject somebody, maybe even suspend him. But these intermediate "flagrant fouls" just ensure inconsistency and bad feelings. Every play is different.

So much of it is superficial. If you have a guy driving, and another defender running at top speed, there's a decent chance there will be a pretty ugly collision with the offensive player getting the worst of it. Sometimes the arm gets the ball, sometimes it misses, things are going so fast and it's incorrect to assume that what happened at that high speed is what the players exactly intended. All of the slow motion analysis is completely ridiculous when trying to judge intent because the events didn't happen in slow motion.

It does make one miss the good old days:

This would make the internet explode day - McHale probably would have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

It's a different era. After the Palace brawl there has been a zero tolerance policy on the court and extra caution to avoid fights. The NBA is a unique sport as the fans are literally on top of the players. There is no barrier of protection and very little space.

My favorite is the Robert Parrish karate chop on Bill Laimbeer (can't find it on YouTube). He didn't even get a technical for it.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #642
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think he means Jameer Nelson

No disrespect but Jamir don't equal a healthy Garnett who is hall of fame bound.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #643
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Ah that explains the 6-8 semi-rants in this thread. The Bulls played there asses off , way over their pay grade and will be owning the east along with whoever Lebron plays for in coming years. But DA Bulls are down for the year period. Take a breathe and save your dignity.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #644
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Ah that explains the 6-8 semi-rants in this thread. The Bulls played there asses off , way over their pay grade and will be owning the east along with whoever Lebron plays for in coming years. But DA Bulls are down for the year period. Take a breathe and save your dignity.
What does this have to do with the Bulls? The Bulls have received more than their fair of favoritism during the Jordan years. If you don't thing stars are treated differently in the NBA, it is clear you don't watch much of it.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #645
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is the Kermit Washington punch to the face on Rudy T on the internets somewhere? I want to see it.

ah, here it is.

forward to about 1:50 if you want to be spared the sob story for the guy that almost killed someone.

Last edited by stevew : 05-08-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #646
RainMaker
General Manager

It's nuts how close Rudy was to dying. A little different trajectory with the punch and he is dead. He was leaking spinal cord fluid into his skull or something. Shattered his face.

I still don't think anything can top this for pure shock value. I remember watching this on ESPN and just having my jaw hit the floor. One of the most surreal moments in sports.

Last edited by RainMaker : 05-08-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #647
stevew
Hall Of Famer

we might have talked about that on here.

Last edited by stevew : 05-08-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 AM   #648
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Is the Kermit Washington punch to the face on Rudy T on the internets somewhere? I want to see it.

ah, here it is.

forward to about 1:50 if you want to be spared the sob story for the guy that almost killed someone.

Rudy's friggin' skull SHIFTED, that's how hard he was hit. And Rainmaker has it right, he was leaking spinal fluid, Rudy was tasting it in the back of his throat.

The Punch is a pretty decent book about the subject, if you're really interested...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:15 AM   #649
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, the book is pretty good.

About that "SOB story about the guy that almost killed someone" : Read the book. Seriously, he made one huge mistake and basically was a terrific guy besides that for his whole life before and after the incident off the court.

On the court he was a product of the time that was asked to act the way he did.

that was kind of sick ... James so far is really coasting yet dominating if that make sense. Don´t think the Cavs will be tested before the finals.

Last edited by whomario : 05-08-2009 at 04:18 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:42 AM   #650
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

If Lebron wins a title with the Cavs this year, will he stay?