Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #601
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Anyone with a passing interest in the Supreme Court should check out Justice Stevens's Five Chiefs. A fun and informative read. Lots of small anecdotes about the court--such as the tobacco spittoons by the justices' seats--combined with his reflections--some times critical--of the past five chief justices and the court.

I took this recommendation and enjoyed it thoroughly as well. At times I ended up going to outside sources to get a bit more background but an interesting read about a fascinating arm of our government.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #602
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am thinking about reading Matterhorn next. I have 4-5 books I am thinking about reading next.

Play Their Hearts Out: A Coach, His Star Recruit, and the Youth Basketball Machine

How Few Remain (Prequel to The Great War Series)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Series #1)

Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War

11/22/63
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #603
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I am thinking about reading Matterhorn next. I have 4-5 books I am thinking about reading next.

Play Their Hearts Out: A Coach, His Star Recruit, and the Youth Basketball Machine

How Few Remain (Prequel to The Great War Series)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Series #1)

Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War

11/22/63

Hey Spleen- I've read 3 of those on your list and don't think you can go wrong with Dragon Tattoo, Matterhorn or 11/22/63. Honestly, if you have the time to commit to a longer work, go with 11/22/63. If you want something where the end is a bit more in sight, go with Matterhorn. Good list though and now I'm looking up How Few Remain.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #604
cschex
High School Varsity

Turtledove can be completely hit or miss, but IMO How Few Remain is probably his best "alt-history book". Very interesting view on what the political and geographic outcomes of the South winning the Civil War could have been.

Loved 11/22/63 as well. Recently finished The Art of Fielding which had a very John Irving-esque feel to it. I really enjoyed it
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #605
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have so many books, I don't know where to start, lol.

I am currently reading Alastair Reynolds' Terminal World. It has been a good read so far. I like Reynolds and his hard SF, but I know that's not everyone's gig. Some of his work is almost as incomprehensible as Stephenson. But Terminal World is much more straight forward.

Next on my list is Steve Berry's The Jefferson Key, his latest in the Cotton Malone books to reach paperback. Decent series from a storytelling perspective, but really no different from your usual adventure/conspiracy theory/crime drama types. What gets me into those is the history angles. Berry is like Dan Brown, except he actually seems to care to get shit right.

I recently read the latest book in SM Stirling's Emberverse series, Book 6 (I forget the name, might be The Sword of the Lady. This one was okay, but it was clearly a setup for the seventh novel, which I believe is the final novel in the series, so it moved a little slower.

I have read the first three chapters of Packing for Mars, and that is a fun read so far. I sometimes put nonfiction down and come back to it.

I recently bought Invisible Monsters and will be borrowing The Fight Club by Chuck Palahniak (sp?), as I have heard great things about both. I have heard they are intense reads, though, so not sure when I'll get to them.

I bought the first book of the Robin Hobb series that was discussed here, so that's on the list, I have both Snow Crash and Diamond Age by Stephenson to read, I have another Reynolds book to read, and somewhere is the latest Jonathan Kellerman Alex Delaware book, which I started and somehow misplaced. I know I'll find it, and it's usually good, pulp crime novel read.

At some point, I intend to go get the latest Reacher novel by Child, and 11/22/63, and Ready Player One.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #606
Grover
Pro Starter

Just finished reading The Devil in the White City last weekend. Very engaging read that takes two true stories and makes them feel like a fiction novel. I enjoy pieces centered around late 19th to early 20th century US history and the story of the country's first really recognized serial killer sated my appetite.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #607
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
... the story of the country's first really recognized serial killer sated my appetite.

Phew, we're safe ... for now.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #608
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Phew, we're safe ... for now.

*wrings hands* Indeed.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #609
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Reading Geek Mafia right now,when I have time.

I just finished Rule 34 as part of the Sword and Laser book club. It was alright but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anybody. My review.

Currently listening to Brisingr. I forgot how utterly cheesy it is. I'm hoping to finish it soon so I can listen to Inheritance and wrap up that series.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #610
Groundhog
Coordinator

Despite the recommendations, I made it 22% through The Name of the Wind before giving up. The writer's style just doesn't grab me at all. I'm sure it picks up after a time, but I'm starting to think that maybe Fantasy just isn't for me, George R. R. Martin aside...

I've started Stephen King's 22-11-63 after my mum gave a pretty astounding recommendation. I have zero interest in the Kennedy assassination but flew through the first hundred pages of this book and I'm loving it so far. Haven't read anything from King in years and years.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #611
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey Spleen- I've read 3 of those on your list and don't think you can go wrong with Dragon Tattoo, Matterhorn or 11/22/63. Honestly, if you have the time to commit to a longer work, go with 11/22/63. If you want something where the end is a bit more in sight, go with Matterhorn. Good list though and now I'm looking up How Few Remain.

I started reading 11/22/63 a couple of days ago.

Spoiler if you've read it.
Spoiler

Looking forward to finishing it, likely over the weekend.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #612
Grover
Pro Starter

Started reading Simon Singh's 'Big Bang' on Monday and haven't been able to put it down

Old 01-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #613
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I just finished Alcatraz: A Definitive History and it was okay. I felt like it went too in-depth in some places and then stayed fairly superficial on some of the more interesting lines.

I am about halfway through Ready Player One and have to say that I'm really enjoying it. Greatly appreciate the 80's references and some of the cultural criticism. Very well put together.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #614
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I just finished Alcatraz: A Definitive History and it was okay. I felt like it went too in-depth in some places and then stayed fairly superficial on some of the more interesting lines.

I am about halfway through Ready Player One and have to say that I'm really enjoying it. Greatly appreciate the 80's references and some of the cultural criticism. Very well put together.

Ready Player One looks really interesting. I'll have to add it to my list.

My list is getting really long.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #615
samifan24
Pro Starter

Just started Neil Gaman's "American Gods." I've heard it mentioned a few times on the board and wanted to try it when the Kindle 10th anniversary edition was on sale for $1.99 last week. I'm about 1/3 of the way through and so far it's an interesting and weird book.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #616
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh... Gaiman only does weird.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #617
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Reading Geek Mafia right now,when I have time.
/tk

It's not the greatest written book/trilogy, but for me at least it was a really fun read and I thoroughly enjoyed them all. The first was definitely the best though.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #618
BYU 14
Coordinator

Ed Delahanty in the Emerald age of Baseball - One thing is apparent very early. Athletes and owners were both just as greedy in the 1880's and 90's as they are now.

The author paints a very good picture of the front office aspect of Baseball back then and has done exhaustive research on Delahanty, who it is apparent was a troubled and complex soul even as a young man.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #619
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

My list is getting really long.

Actually finished it when I got home from work and found it to be really enjoyable. I kind of wanted a bit more out of the ending although some interesting foreshadowing depending on how you read it. Very well done overall.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #620
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually finished it when I got home from work and found it to be really enjoyable. I kind of wanted a bit more out of the ending although some interesting foreshadowing depending on how you read it. Very well done overall.

I just finished it tonight. Like you, I was looking for more from the ending. Overall it was a decent book.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #621
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'm reading the second book in the John Corey series by Nelson Demille, it's called "The Lion's Game". I'd highly recommend the series, the first one "Plum Island" was good as well. If you've got a kindle, I've gotten them both for free from my library.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 01-29-2012 at 08:01 PM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #622
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I am reading two large series at once.

The Hitchhikers Guide and all the books, because I was in a Douglas Adams mood last week. Then I am starting the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I have also per-ordered Feists, The Crown Imperiled which will leave one last book after it until he is done with Midkemia.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #623
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
I'm reading the second book in the John Corey series by Nelson Demille, it's called "The Lion's Game". I'd highly recommend the series, the first one "Plum Island" was good as well. If you've got a kindle, I've gotten them both for free from my library.

Plum Island is good but The Lion's Game is on a completely different level. Just a fantastic book. I also loved Gold Coast and Word of Honor which are separate books from him. Nightfall continues the Corey series but compared to the other two it's a bit weaker in my opinion. I've heard Wildfire is awful so I never even tried.

Last edited by rowech : 01-29-2012 at 08:18 PM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #624
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Plum Island is good but The Lion's Game is on a completely different level. Just a fantastic book. I also loved Gold Coast and Word of Honor which are separate books from him. Nightfall continues the Corey series but compared to the other two it's a bit weaker in my opinion. I've heard Wildfire is awful so I never even tried.

I'm about halfway through the lions game, its been very, very good.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #625
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Just finished reading the Hunger games series, it was pretty good.

Need some help picking my next book-

Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
or
The Black Echo - Michael Connoly (basically start this series)

I tried reading another Palahniuk book a couple years ago and it was a very hard read (don't remember what it was called) and I gave up a few chapters in. I've seen flight club countless times, so I could probably follow it a little easier.

I also finished the series by Dennis Lehane a while back and really enjoyed those, does anyone know how that would compare to the Michael Connoly series?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #626
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Doug-

I enjoy Lehane and Connelly a ton and do think they are similar. I actually prefer Connelly's Bosch series, particularly picks up around book 3 and stays pretty strong.

As for Palahniuk, I teach high school lit and he's okay but I feel that he's reverted to little more than shock value at this point (the literary equivalent of say Marilyn Manson). I used to really like the book Fight Club, and a good number of my students still choose it during independent reading, but I feel it is a bit dated and he has undermined what could've been some very cool themes with some of his personal contradictions.

So of the two, while I still find Fight Club enjoyable, I would point you down the Connelly road.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #627
cougarfreak
College Starter

Connelly is good, but the Black Echo is a little dated. It's his first novel about Bosch, and their are some ties to the Vietnam War. I enjoy Connelly quite a bit.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #628
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the info- looks like I'll be starting Connolly's series, it is a little old but figured best to start at the beginning.

I was looking at the list of books, I noticed he has a couple series going where characters make appearances in the other series, is there an easy way to figure out what order to read them in to keep everything chronologically accurate?

I really enjoyed the Kenzie / Genaro series from Lehane (except the last one, it seemed... off) so if they are similar I'll be very happy
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #629
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Thanks for the info- looks like I'll be starting Connolly's series, it is a little old but figured best to start at the beginning.

I was looking at the list of books, I noticed he has a couple series going where characters make appearances in the other series, is there an easy way to figure out what order to read them in to keep everything chronologically accurate?

I really enjoyed the Kenzie / Genaro series from Lehane (except the last one, it seemed... off) so if they are similar I'll be very happy

Yeah, just read them in the order they were written and you should be good to go from what I remember.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #630
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I have also per-ordered Feists, The Crown Imperiled which will leave one last book after it until he is done with Midkemia.

Wow. I like Feist's Midkemia books a lot. I'm in the middle of the Serpentwar books. I need to get back to those...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #631
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So I finally finished How Firm a Foundation. I was not really all that into it until the end, but he tied it up really well and the last third of the book was pretty fantastic.

After that I finished the Hunger Games trilogy with Catching Fire and Mockingjay. I did not think that the second and third installments were NEARLY as good as the first, but I did still enjoy them.

Now I'm reading Tad Williams' Otherland. Been recommended to me by far too many people, so we'll see. I'm barely 50 pages in, so it's hard to even have an opinion yet.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #632
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

There are some great suggestions listed here, but for the first time in quite awhile... I'm really struggling trying to decide what I want to read next. Not because I'm trying to decide between 3-4 books that currently appeal to me. Rather I'm just not excited about any particular one. I most recently finished Stephen King's 11/22/63 which I absolutely loved.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #633
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Wow. I like Feist's Midkemia books a lot. I'm in the middle of the Serpentwar books. I need to get back to those...

/tk

Yeah, Feist is my favorite author, I own all of the midkemia books, I am looking for a 1st edition magician somewhere without paying the big prices on ebay. But I will be sad when he closes the book on the Midkemia world.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:50 AM   #634
cougarfreak
College Starter

Has anyone read any of W.E.B. Griffin's books on war, soldiers, police, etc? I have always wanted to, but didn't want to pay for them on kindle. Now they are available through my library on kindle, so I'm going to pick some of them up.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #635
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I can't really tell you anything about the quality because I read them when I was 12 or 13, but I did read the entire marine series then. I believe it is called The Corps. I also read some of the european theatre one which I believe is Brotherhood of War. I mean, I fucking loved The Corp series. I still have a handful of them in paperback. But I don't really remember them. Would be interested in reading them again to see if my taste as a early teen was good or not, though

EDIT: I just looked at my bookshelf. I have a few of the Brotherhood of War and even the first book of the police (Badge of Honor). I guess I really loved W.E.B. Griffin.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 01-31-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #636
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, Feist is my favorite author, I own all of the midkemia books, I am looking for a 1st edition magician somewhere without paying the big prices on ebay. But I will be sad when he closes the book on the Midkemia world.

So it is looking like in a rush to get the book out in Europe before the deadline Ray's publisher overseas made a massive screwup, an ending to one chapter is missing and a deleted chapter was added in its place.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #637
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I can't really tell you anything about the quality because I read them when I was 12 or 13, but I did read the entire marine series then. I believe it is called The Corps. I also read some of the european theatre one which I believe is Brotherhood of War. I mean, I fucking loved The Corp series. I still have a handful of them in paperback. But I don't really remember them. Would be interested in reading them again to see if my taste as a early teen was good or not, though

I also read them probably 15 years ago. I know I read most of The Corp and probably some of Brotherhood. It was hard to get them in order from our local library and IIRC some of the series was missing.

I know I enjoyed them though couldn't tell you a story line now to save my life. FWIW I like a book that mixes fictional characters into a historical setting, especially WWII. Wouk's "Winds of War" and "War and Remembrance" are two of my favorite books.

Certainly worth checking out for a look.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #638
spleen1015
Coordinator

Just finished Catching Fire this morning.

It wasn't better than the Hunger Games, but I still loved it. I wish there was more time spent during the Games. I know this is a kids/teen series, but I'm finding that it ia really easy to see what is coming.

Should I read Mockingjay next or Play Their Hearts Out? Likely Mockingjay since it will be a short read.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #639
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Just finished Catching Fire this morning.

It wasn't better than the Hunger Games, but I still loved it. I wish there was more time spent during the Games. I know this is a kids/teen series, but I'm finding that it ia really easy to see what is coming.

Should I read Mockingjay next or Play Their Hearts Out? Likely Mockingjay since it will be a short read.

I read the series in a 4 days span...read Mockingjay finish it up..
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #640
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I have so many books, I don't know where to start, lol.

I am currently reading Alastair Reynolds' Terminal World. It has been a good read so far. I like Reynolds and his hard SF, but I know that's not everyone's gig. Some of his work is almost as incomprehensible as Stephenson. But Terminal World is much more straight forward.

Next on my list is Steve Berry's The Jefferson Key, his latest in the Cotton Malone books to reach paperback. Decent series from a storytelling perspective, but really no different from your usual adventure/conspiracy theory/crime drama types. What gets me into those is the history angles. Berry is like Dan Brown, except he actually seems to care to get shit right.

I recently read the latest book in SM Stirling's Emberverse series, Book 6 (I forget the name, might be The Sword of the Lady. This one was okay, but it was clearly a setup for the seventh novel, which I believe is the final novel in the series, so it moved a little slower.

I have read the first three chapters of Packing for Mars, and that is a fun read so far. I sometimes put nonfiction down and come back to it.

I recently bought Invisible Monsters and will be borrowing The Fight Club by Chuck Palahniak (sp?), as I have heard great things about both. I have heard they are intense reads, though, so not sure when I'll get to them.

I bought the first book of the Robin Hobb series that was discussed here, so that's on the list, I have both Snow Crash and Diamond Age by Stephenson to read, I have another Reynolds book to read, and somewhere is the latest Jonathan Kellerman Alex Delaware book, which I started and somehow misplaced. I know I'll find it, and it's usually good, pulp crime novel read.

At some point, I intend to go get the latest Reacher novel by Child, and 11/22/63, and Ready Player One.

Terminal World ended up being a good read, a lot more comprehensible, IMO, than a lot of Reynolds' more "out there" stuff. It also had plot tendrils that were unresolved or were hints at a sequel, but according to Reynolds' wikipedia page, it will be a standalone book and he does not plan to return to that universe or characters. So that is disappointing. But it is worth the read.

I started Jefferson Key, as I noted above, and I am early on in it just yet.

I also started Men Are Stupid and Women Are Crazy, a funny relationship book by Howard J. Morris and Jenny Lee (who are a couple). It's pretty funny so far.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #641
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Spoiler on hunger game series...

Spoiler
Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #642
spleen1015
Coordinator

Finished Mockingjay finally today. Great series. I hope the do the story justice with the movies.

Gonna read Play Their Hearts Out next.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #643
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Connelly is good, but the Black Echo is a little dated. It's his first novel about Bosch, and their are some ties to the Vietnam War. I enjoy Connelly quite a bit.

About halfway through right now, not much reading time lately, but I really like the book so far.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #644
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Currently reading The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy. It's from Bill Carter, the same guy who did The Late Shift and this functions as a sort of sequel to it. It covers the time period when Conan got The Tonight Show and Leno was moved to 10pm. He also wrote Desperate Networks, which was about primetime television. He has a really good insight into the television business and makes the behind the scenes battles pretty exciting.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #645
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Just started Neil Gaman's "American Gods." I've heard it mentioned a few times on the board and wanted to try it when the Kindle 10th anniversary edition was on sale for $1.99 last week. I'm about 1/3 of the way through and so far it's an interesting and weird book.

I am currently reading "American Gods". I'm over half-way through. I am enjoying it. Pretty classic Gaiman.

Quote:

"Ready Player One" is next up on my list. It's been sitting on my bedside table for over a month now.

I am a terribly slow reader. Between watching movies, some TV shows and hockey and playing computer/video games, I rarely find time to read as much as I'd like.

The biggest problem is that even if it's relatively early in the evening on a weekday night, once I start reading a book odds are I will be asleep within 15-30 minutes.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #646
Groundhog
Coordinator

Finished 22-11-63 a while ago, absolutely loved it.

I've been playing a fair bit of Space Marine thanks to a Steam sale, so I picked up the Horus Rising book by Dan Abnett, expecting it to be some quick to read White Dwarf "fan fiction-esque" junk for me to breeze through. Surprisingly it's good science fiction so far, and Abnett isn't a bad writer at all.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #647
spleen1015
Coordinator

I about about 2/3 of the way through Play Their Hearts Out. I don't know jack about AAU basketball and this book is pretty eye opening. I can't imagine that all AAU coaches are like many of the ones talked about in this book. If they are, I don't know how AAU has managed to last as long as it has.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #648
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just finished Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and I truly loved the book...I don't know what I am going to read next, I will dig through the Kindle Store and pick something.

I do have the rest of the series of the Dragon Tattoo.

I am looking for a good Epic Fantasy that isn't the norm as I have read most of them.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #649
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Just finished Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and I truly loved the book...I don't know what I am going to read next, I will dig through the Kindle Store and pick something.

I do have the rest of the series of the Dragon Tattoo.

I am looking for a good Epic Fantasy that isn't the norm as I have read most of them.

Amazon.com: The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive) eBook: Brandon Sanderson: Kindle Store
Old 02-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #650
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Thank you, I will read the sample and purchase if it fits.