Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #601
miami_fan
Coordinator

And the hits keep right on coming!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Quote:
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (AP) -- Arizona Cardinals running back J.J. Arrington was among five people arrested after a fight at a nightclub in North Carolina.

Police in Rocky Mount said an off-duty officer called for assistance around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday after the fight broke out at the D&I Center nightclub. The 25-year-old Arrington was charged with disorderly conduct.

Nash County sheriff's Sgt. T.R. Lamm said a magistrate later ordered Arrington held for 24 hours for contempt of court.

The four others arrested were charged with simple affray. One was also charged with assault on a government official.

Arrington was born in Nashville, N.C. He was a second-round pick out of California in the 2005 NFL draft.

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #602
miami_fan
Coordinator

One for the conspiracy theorists

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- A Bronx woman who was involved in a Las Vegas brawl that police say NFL star Adam "Pacman" Jones' incited has been found dead.

Police say 26-year-old Sadia Morrison was found dead last week behind a Bronx building. Officers found her unresponsive with injuries consistent with a fall.

The medical examiner will determine her cause of death.

Morrison pleaded no contest to a felony battery charge last year in Las Vegas.

She was involved in a strip club melee that Las Vegas police say was incited by Jones, who pleaded no contest to a disorderly conduct charge.

Jones, traded from Tennessee to Dallas this year, missed all of the 2007 season while serving an NFL suspension that hasn't yet been completely lifted.

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #603
molson
General Manager

Every once in a while you get an NFL player off-season story that doesn't involve the police.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3477130

Chiefs' Gonzalez saves man from choking to death

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A California man says Pro Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez of the Kansas City Chiefs kept him from choking to death.

"Tony saved my life. There's no doubt," Ken Hunter, a shipping company manager, told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Huntington Beach, Calif.

"Tony came up behind me and gave me the Heimlich maneuver. Thank God he was there."

Gonzalez, a nine-time Pro Bowl selection who has set numerous NFL records, was having dinner with his wife, brother and 5-week-old daughter at Capone's restaurant in Huntington Beach Thursday night. Hunter, 45, was dining with his girlfriend at the next table when suddenly a piece of meat stuck in his throat.

"I tried to take a drink of water, but I couldn't swallow," Hunter told The AP. "Then I couldn't breathe. That's a terrible feeling. I couldn't breathe. Then I guess I started to panic."

Gonzalez, sitting with his back to Hunter's table, looked around when he heard Hunter's companion yelling.

"She was screaming, 'He can't breathe, he can't breathe,'" Gonzalez said by phone from California, where he lives in the offseason. "The whole restaurant was quiet. Nobody was doing anything.

"Then I saw he was turning blue. Everybody in the restaurant was just kind of sitting there wide-eyed."

The 6-foot-5 Gonzalez, about a foot taller than Hunter, jumped out of his chair and came up behind the stricken man and began to perform the Heimlich maneuver.

"After just a few seconds, the piece of meat popped out," Hunter said. "I could breathe again. It's a good thing Tony is so tall because I had stood up -- I think."

Diana Martin, a restaurant employee, said no one else seemed to know what to do.

"He was so lucky Tony was there," Martin said. "In a situation like that, every second counts. It helped a lot that Tony's a big, strong guy because you have to be able to apply some pretty good pressure. I don't think I would have been strong enough to help him."

Hunter went into the restroom to clean up and didn't realize he'd been saved by a famous athlete until he came out.

"I'm a big NFL fan and I recognized him right away. I was still kind of dazed when I went over and thanked him and said, 'What can I do for you?' I guess I said it about 1,000 times."

Gonzalez, who has been active in charity and community activities during a brilliant career with the Chiefs, said he had no intention of having the incident become public.

"The next night I had a dinner for my grandmother's 90th birthday, and people were saying, `Why didn't you tell me about that?' I honestly don't want to make a big deal out of it. But of course it does give me a lot of satisfaction to know that I was able to help somebody."

One of the most productive receivers in pro football history, Gonzalez holds the NFL record for tight ends with 820 career receptions and 102 catches in a season. He needs only 79 more yards receiving to become the career leader among tight ends.

He has never received any formal instruction in the Heimlich maneuver.

"I had seen it done, so I just did it," Gonzalez said. "When you find yourself in those situations where you have to take action in a crucial situation, you just do it. I got the same feeling I get when I go on a hospital visit."

Hunter is a lifelong fan of the San Diego Chargers, one of Kansas City's key rivals in the AFC West, and plans to be at the game when the Chiefs visit the Chargers on Nov. 9.

"I'm Tony's No. 1 fan now," he said.

And what will this longtime follower of the Chargers do if they're ahead by four or five points in the final minute and Gonzalez runs into the end zone and leaps up for what would be the game-winning touchdown for K.C.?

"I'm going to be yelling for Tony to catch the ball," Hunter said. "I think all my friends will understand."

Last edited by molson : 07-07-2008 at 06:49 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #604
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If this was posted already, I didn't see it ...
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...cnfl_0708.html

New York — Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann are reuniting on television on NBC's Sunday night NFL coverage.

The network announced Monday that it had hired Patrick, hoping the recapture the chemistry that hooked viewers to ESPN's "SportsCenter" during the pair's run from 1992-97.

"It was seamless. We never tried to understand why it worked," Patrick said on a conference call. "It just did."

Patrick joins the returning cast of NBC's studio show that includes Olbermann and host Bob Costas. Patrick said the idea originated in casual conversations with Costas, some of whose highlight duties he will take.

Patrick's discussions with NBC initially took place last summer. But his then-employer, ESPN, invoked a clause in Patrick's contract and barred him from covering the NFL or Olympics on TV for a year, said NBC Sports chief Dick Ebersol.

Since leaving ESPN in August, Patrick has hosted a radio show and written for Sports Illustrated.

Patrick will work Super Bowls that NBC broadcasts and will participate in the network's Olympic coverage starting with the Winter Games in 2010.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #605
muns
Pro Starter

I dont know why but i did always like their shows together. Glad to see this happen.

Last edited by muns : 07-07-2008 at 10:45 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #606
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Saw this link on OS, thought it would be of interest here for those who don't read their site and may have otherwise missed the link. Apparently, the Rooney family is quietly considering selling the Steelers:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1215..._us_whats_news
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #607
muns
Pro Starter

As A Pittsburgh Die hard, this would be really sad as the Rooney's have been around forever. Kinda Stunned by this.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #608
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Hunter is a lifelong fan of the San Diego Chargers, one of Kansas City's key rivals in the AFC West, and plans to be at the game when the Chiefs visit the Chargers on Nov. 9.

"I'm Tony's No. 1 fan now," he said.

And what will this longtime follower of the Chargers do if they're ahead by four or five points in the final minute and Gonzalez runs into the end zone and leaps up for what would be the game-winning touchdown for K.C.?

"I'm going to be yelling for Tony to catch the ball," Hunter said. "I think all my friends will understand."

Pussy.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #609
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Although he is bringing shame upon the Faulk namesake, I still love any bad publicity for the Patriots.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3479733

Faulk pleads no contest, receives one year of probation

Associated Press

Updated: July 9, 2008, 11:12 AM ET

LAFAYETTE, La. - New England Patriots running back Kevin Faulk has pleaded no contest to a charge of misdemeanor marijuana possession.

Kevin Faulk

Running Back
New England Patriots

2007 Season Stats
Rush Yds TD Rec Yds TD
62 265 0 47 383 1

Faulk was issued a misdemeanor summons for simple possession of marijuana at a Lil Wayne concert at the Cajundome in February. A Lafayette Parish sheriff's deputy allegedly found four marijuana cigarettes in Faulk's jacket during a routine search.
On Tuesday, Faulk, a Louisiana native and an LSU graduate, received a five-month suspended sentence, one year of supervised probation, 40 hours of community service to be served in the form of anti-drug lectures to students at Lafayette Parish middle and high schools and 20 hours of NFL-approved substance-abuse treatment.
Faulk told The (Lafayette) Daily Advertiser the case is behind him and he is "focusing on football and getting ready for the season."

Last season, Faulk had 47 catches for 383 yards and a touchdown, and had 62 carries for 265 yards. Faulk, who has spent his entire career with the Patriots, was a second-round draft choice in 1999.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.

Last edited by RomaGoth : 07-09-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Fixed spacing.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #610
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Saw this link on OS, thought it would be of interest here for those who don't read their site and may have otherwise missed the link. Apparently, the Rooney family is quietly considering selling the Steelers:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1215..._us_whats_news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
As A Pittsburgh Die hard, this would be really sad as the Rooney's have been around forever. Kinda Stunned by this.

The reality is there will be Rooney ownership. The question is how much.

Dan Rooney, one of the 5 sons of original owner Art Rooney Sr, is the Steelers Chairman. Other of the brothers also have ownership interests in a horse racing track and a dog racing track, both of which now have other gambling (slot machines, poker) that the NFL frowns upon.

Dan's preference would be to take over the 80% ownership stake of the other 4 brothers. Problem there is, the Steelers are estimated to be worth about $1B. He doesn't have the cash to buy out $800M. He would be able to offset some of that with his ownership portion of the other interests, but it won't be nearly enough.

The prospective buyer is a Pittsburgh hedge fund manager worth about $3.5B.

A couple good articles-

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08191/895738-194.stm

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08191/895718-66.stm
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #611
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Even though it's probably nothing...

This has me concerned as a Colts fan.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #612
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Even though it's probably nothing...

This has me concerned as a Colts fan.

It would have me concerned, too. But the good news is Manning is one of the few players in the NFL who can miss a whole training camp and preseason and still come in in week 1 and throw for 350 and 3 touchdowns.

Heck, at this age, it might be good for his body to not have to go through the training camp grind every year.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #613
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ugh

I love Taylor but the redskins are easily my least favorite team in all of sports
( tied with the yankees).
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #614
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Zach and Jason now both gone.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #615
Subby
lolzcat

Sick of seeing the 'Skins shed draft picks like Anthony sheds dandruff, but not sure they really had a choice here.

Hopefully Taylor won't be a glory hogging me-firster like that assclown Bruce Smith was...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #616
Izulde
Head Coach

Ugh.

Still, if he had to go, at least we got two picks out of him and one was a 2nd rounder, which realistically is pretty good for a 33 year old DE whose commitment to football some call into question.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #617
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Saints just traded a 2nd and 5th rounder for Shockey. No surprise as they have been coveting him the entire offseason.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-21-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #618
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Saints just traded a 2nd and 5th rounder for Shockey. No surprise as they have been coveting him the entire offseason.

terrible trade for the saints
Old 07-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #619
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

That seems to be a pretty good trade IMO for the Saints. Am I missing something about any baggage on Shockey other than the fact that he likes to express his opinion on occasion?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #620
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
That seems to be a pretty good trade IMO for the Saints. Am I missing something about any baggage on Shockey other than the fact that he likes to express his opinion on occasion?

Too easy. Just way, way, way too easy.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #621
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:

not sure what his contract is but I'd guess it's pretty good

giants did just fine without him
Old 07-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #622
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Seems like a good move for the Saints as they get solid production at a position they need help at, and another target for Brees can't hurt.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #623
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Probably a good trade for both teams. The Giants did fine without him.

I think that with his attitude and injury history he is a bigger risk than a team wants for a second round pick. But the Saints also realize that they are in that area where you need to take some chances and get lucky if you are planning to win the Super Bowl.

Basically, if this works, it might be enough to get them to the Super Bowl. If it does not, then they could be in a worse hole than when they started. But I think that they looked at the team right before camp and decided that they had to do something to try to make a run.

Also, Drew Brees has not had anything at tight end since he left the Chargers. It was the biggest hole on the team.

Finally, as a Saints fan, I don't really like this trade. I hate baggage players, and I would prefer not to have to root for one. Oh well. Here's hoping that he proves me wrong.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #624
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Too easy. Just way, way, way too easy.

I have 'Ocho Cinco' plastered on my work shirt.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #625
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Finally, as a Saints fan, I don't really like this trade. I hate baggage players, and I would prefer not to have to root for one. Oh well. Here's hoping that he proves me wrong.

Yep -- I understand that, on paper, this really fills a need for the Saints, but trading for cancers rarely works out. I mean, everyone will always point to Randy Moss as the classic "see, it can work" example, but I really don't think Payton is the kind of VERY unique personality that can diffuse a cancer.

The Saints are now just about impossible to root for, which really hurts. I was really starting to get back into the Saints in this post-Katrina sports renaissance in New Orleans, and now I'm basically having to put my fandom on suspension pending the removal of this asshole from the roster. We still have a relentlessly likeable pro team in town with the Hornets. Just gonna have to focus on them.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:04 PM   #626
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Probably a good trade for both teams. The Giants did fine without him.

I'll bet the last few months of Shockey and his well-known agent doing a LOT of talking through the media the trouble he's already caused in training camp had more to do with the Giants' decision to trade him than their run without him to the Super Bowl. Basically, he's generally been acting like a baby so far in training camp, moreso than he usually does. I'm sure that tilted the scales towards the "trade him" side.

Kevin Boss can fill in as the receiver part of Shockey, but Boss is absolutely horrible at run blocking, which may not have been Shockey's greatest ability, but he's far better at it than Boss. The Giants better focus on that for Boss during training camp.

Overall, I say the trade was good for the Giants. Seeing (well, hearing about) how Shockey has behaved during the offseason made it pretty clear to me that there was no way Shockey wanted to be in New York and he would be far too much of a distraction, again much more than he previously was.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #627
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

If it wouldn't be for Coach Payton having coached Shockey already I'd be really worried about this, because of the baggage. However, Payton is a guy who does not bring in "cancer" type players, and I have to trust his judgment on this one.

Also, one way to keep a receiver in line is to have a true leader at the QB position, and Drew Brees is without a doubt that. Before this trade the Saints had no "look at me" type players... I think if he can stay happy this is a GREAT trade for the Saints, if he gets all pissy, it costs us a 2nd round pick...oh well, our drafting history hasn't been that great anyway.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #628
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
The Saints are now just about impossible to root for, which really hurts. I was really starting to get back into the Saints in this post-Katrina sports renaissance in New Orleans, and now I'm basically having to put my fandom on suspension pending the removal of this asshole from the roster. We still have a relentlessly likeable pro team in town with the Hornets. Just gonna have to focus on them.

Really, that "the Saints are impossible to root for" comment was an absurd statement.

You must not have been much of a fan to begin with if one guy who makes noise (I don't see any police reports out there) makes you not root for the Saints. What about all of the positives surrounding the Saints? Drew Brees and Deuce McAllister, among other Saints players, have been huge and visible in charity work for New Orleans and the surrounding areas. To me, the Saints have been one of the major blessings to New Orleans post-Katrina. That makes them EASY to root for.
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #629
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Goos riddence to bad trash.

Someone who has watched every Giants game of Shockeys careeer I can tell you I am glad he is gone.

It gets old really fast watching him bitch on the sidelines and bitch in the huddle. I honestly think him always being in Eli's face held Eli back, it is no coincidence when Scockey went down the Giants started winning.

People call him a "firery competitor" I call him a whiney bitch and am glad he is gone.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #630
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
Really, that "the Saints are impossible to root for" comment was an absurd statement.

You must not have been much of a fan to begin with if one guy who makes noise (I don't see any police reports out there) makes you not root for the Saints. What about all of the positives surrounding the Saints? Drew Brees and Deuce McAllister, among other Saints players, have been huge and visible in charity work for New Orleans and the surrounding areas. To me, the Saints have been one of the major blessings to New Orleans post-Katrina. That makes them EASY to root for.

What can I say? I dislike Jeremy Shockey that much. He is an absolutely miserable human being. His playing for the Saints is not even the biggest problem -- it's going to be the proliferation of Jeremy Shockey jerseys and Jeremy Shockey fans in my beloved hometown. They're a very specific type of knucklehead. I am now going to be unable to swing a dead cat without hitting some fucking illiterate Shockey worshipper screaming something unintelligible. They've been quiet lately with Kyle Turley and Joe Horn out of the picture. I kinda liked it that way.

Ah well. Serenity now. Chris Paul.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #631
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

If Shockey can be the one player to turn you off to your beloved hometown team, then let Drew Brees be the one guy that can bring you back to even.
Then you have guys like Colston, Duece, McKenzie, Grant, Bush, Fujita, Karney, etc... who are all such great guys to bring you back to the- it's a team you can be proud of.

Last edited by Doug5984 : 07-21-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #632
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Brees and Deuce and McKenzie and all those other guys are great, but the bottom line is that Shockey is a DOMINANT personality, for better or (usually) worse. He is a "face of the franchise" kind of personality. I'm confident there will be more Shockey jerseys locally than Brees or even Bush jerseys. There is just a huge idiotic subset of the sports fan community -- unfortunately larger here than in most cities -- that worship players like this.

I was just on Saintsreport where some troglodyte was all excited because he couldn't wait for Shockey to rip somebody's helmet off and toss it across the field. Never mind that when Turley did that it cost the Saints a game; he's still a legend here for that. I was just really enjoying not having a personality like this around...

Last edited by LloydLungs : 07-21-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #633
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Brees and Deuce and McKenzie and all those other guys are great, but the bottom line is that Shockey is a DOMINANT personality, for better or (usually) worse.

This is correct, he has the ability to change the entire mood/ persona of a team.

Quote:
He is a "face of the franchise" kind of personality. I'm confident there will be more Shockey jerseys locally than Brees or even Bush jerseys. There is just a huge idiotic subset of the sports fan community -- unfortunately larger here than in most cities -- that worship players like this

not really sure why you care what jersey other fans of the team wear.

Quote:
I was just on Saintsreport where some troglodyte was all excited because he couldn't wait for Shockey to rip somebody's helmet off and toss it across the field. Never mind that when Turley did that it cost the Saints a game; he's still a legend here for that. I was just really enjoying not having a personality like this around...

My experience with Shockey is he is more a danger to the players on his own team then the other team. Wait until he is open a few times and breese misses him and he starts bitching in the huddle and on the sidelines.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #634
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I only mentioned the jersey thing to demonstrate my first point. He is the kind of personality that pretty much defines the franchise while he's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My experience with Shockey is he is more a danger to the players on his own team then the other team. Wait until he is open a few times and breese misses him and he starts bitching in the huddle and on the sidelines.

Yeah, I know. I'm not looking forward to this either. I've noticed that he even tends to cry and blame the quarterback for his DROPS. I'm expecting a brief honeymoon period here, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be a mess before too long.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #635
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Yeah, I know. I'm not looking forward to this either. I've noticed that he even tends to cry and blame the quarterback for his DROPS. I'm expecting a brief honeymoon period here, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be a mess before too long.

I think you are correct.

The guy just doesn't understand the team concept. He is honestly more selfish then TO.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #636
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
ESPN - Skins trade for Dolphins' Taylor after Daniels goes down - NFL

Jason Taylor to the Redskins for a 2nd rounder and a 6th in 2010.

Ugh. Over the past 2 offseasons, my top three favorite remaining Dolphins have now gone to Washington.... Dallas.... and New England.

Ugh.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:30 AM   #637
JeeberD
General Manager

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Dolphins QB race reaches nadir: Quincy Carter coming in for a tryout? | Inside the Dolphins

Poor Kodos...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #638
JeeberD
General Manager

Seriously? None of you care that Q might be back in the NFL? Who the hell are you people, and what have you done with the FOFC I know and love?!?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #639
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Dolphins QB race reaches nadir: Quincy Carter coming in for a tryout? | Inside the Dolphins

Poor Kodos...

If he can at least catch passes with no coverage whatsoever, he has a shot at the #1 wideout slot

Bastard
Old 08-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #640
miami_fan
Coordinator

Anyone have any thoughts on the Steve Smith sucker punch on his teammate? I know it was a "minor" story compared to well you know who, but it is not ever day a Pro Bowl WR gets suspended for two games.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #641
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Bill loves The Q!

Say, anyone hear that Brett Favre unretired and has been traded to the Jets?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #642
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The Farve trade story has put KC into the rumor wagon. It appears that Pennington will be cut by the Jets. The obvious rumor is that KC would be interested in signing him as the backup QB and reunite him with Herm.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 08-07-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #643
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
The Farve trade story has put KC into the rumor wagon. It appears that Pennington will be cut by the Jets. The obvious rumor is that KC would be interested in signing him as the backup QB and reunite him with Herm.

Though it would make sense given the history, I hope it doesn't happen. Why? Because former Coastal Carolina QB Tyler Thigpen is currently #2 on the depth chart in KC, and it'd be a big thrill to see him get more playing time this year.

Of course Tyler Thigpen as your #2 QB is probably a good reason to sign Pennington...
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #644
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Though it would make sense given the history, I hope it doesn't happen. Why? Because former Coastal Carolina QB Tyler Thigpen is currently #2 on the depth chart in KC, and it'd be a big thrill to see him get more playing time this year.

Of course Tyler Thigpen as your #2 QB is probably a good reason to sign Pennington...

Thigpen is #2? What happened to Damon Huard?

Speaking of Qb depth charts, the Dolphins did their QB depth chart by seniority so Josh McCowan is leading the way, then John Beck and Chad Henne. However based on camp reports, Henne is the best QB and the Dolphins will pursue Chad Pennington. There is a very real possibilty that Beck will be cut before the regular season starts.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #645
JeeberD
General Manager

All I know is that for the two days after he got suspended, all the talk here was, "Is Jerry going to try and trade for him now that his stock is lower?"

Old 08-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #646
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Thigpen is #2? What happened to Damon Huard?

Speaking of Qb depth charts, the Dolphins did their QB depth chart by seniority so Josh McCowan is leading the way, then John Beck and Chad Henne. However based on camp reports, Henne is the best QB and the Dolphins will pursue Chad Pennington. There is a very real possibilty that Beck will be cut before the regular season starts.

According to the local paper who did an article on Thigpen today, he's #2 on the depth chart. However I see in the Chiefs exhibition game tonight, Huard came in after Croyle so who knows?
Old 08-08-2008, 07:02 AM   #647
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
According to the local paper who did an article on Thigpen today, he's #2 on the depth chart. However I see in the Chiefs exhibition game tonight, Huard came in after Croyle so who knows?

The Chiefs wanted Thigpen to play a full half uninterrupted. So it made sense to hold him off until the second half instead of him playing the second and third quarter. Thigpen is the #2 QB.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #648
Thomkal
Head Coach

cool, thanks Mizzou. Thigpen was a bit shaky, INT, half of passes completed, but threw a nice TD pass to Sippio.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #649
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
cool, thanks Mizzou. Thigpen was a bit shaky, INT, half of passes completed, but threw a nice TD pass to Sippio.

Yeah, he didn't play all that great last night, but my understanding is that the #2 spot is his to lose.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #650
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Start Caleb Hanie!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote