Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #601
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
LOL, tyrith is in texas with a central time zone. IT is always nice to wake up and find out your a goner

Oh, it's worse than that.

My power went out about 645 CST last night, and hasn't come back up.

So not only did I get smoked night 2...I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO TAKE A FREAKING CONVERSION ACTION ;_;
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #602
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Vote Tryith/Punishment

As hard as we all thought this game would be, it looks like we have things well in hand. I wonder what the shadow have up their sleeves to turn the tables.

No offense to the good guys, but what happened today was more dumb luck via game mechanics + dumb luck via acts of God than anything else.

BTW, suck this hoops :P

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 05-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #603
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

umm. So maybe I should hex Mr. Wednesday instead.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #604
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Oh, it's worse than that.

My power went out about 645 CST last night, and hasn't come back up.

So not only did I get smoked night 2...I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO TAKE A FREAKING CONVERSION ACTION ;_;

Well I don't think it would have mattered since I hexed you anyway.

BTW I love your defense
Old 05-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #605
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in answer to "what room did i do this in"

i was sleeping in the sitting room last night. or so i submitted my action to say. not sure if i slept all night or stayed up with the ring tbh.

i didn't want to say last night because i knew what alan's role was and i knew there were others out there with similar roles and i didn't want someone coming by to hang out with me and messing it up. didn't know if peregrine would have had the ring destroyed with no effect then or what, so i had to hold that info back.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #606
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Well I don't think it would have mattered since I hexed you anyway.

BTW I love your defense

Not a defense, I'm fully admitting at this point I'm a bad guy. Power went out about 645, realized about 745 all the other apartments still had power, the "emergency" maintenance line never called me back, and I wasn't about to walk 6 blocks to a place I could get WiFi and charge my laptop during the middle of an evening of thunderstorms. Not to mention I was occupied with other things that I forgot about this until I went to bed
Old 05-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #607
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was being sarcastic
Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #608
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

With seemingly 1 Shadow left, can we with hole up in the Ritual room, have the ritualistic cast & spiritmaster cast and that would seemingly protect us for 2 days to give the Augur 2 days to find the last Shadow.

Any potential in that?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #609
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Although.. if the Shadow is in the room, guess that really isn't an outside action or intrusion?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #610
SnDvls
Pro Starter

can we all fit in the Ritual Room?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #611
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

I would think so, says there are plenty of places to sleep and overflows to any room go to the ritual room so, I would think that is the default room.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #612
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I reread the rules. If you don't send in a place you stay in the ritual room so, if no one sends in then we all are in the ritual room.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #613
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm...interesting idea mustang. not sure...i'll have to think on that.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #614
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Although.. if the Shadow is in the room, guess that really isn't an outside action or intrusion?

exactly
Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #615
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, it says actions that occur within the room can still happen, it just causes for a higher chance of being caught.

Another issue here is our ritualist had his power stripped. So only the Spiritmaster can help protect a room, and his role states guarding against intrusions but not about what happens within the room.

I think right now, we really need to try to narrow down who our threats are. Top 3 currently are:

Mustang, Ntndeacon, Mr.Wednesday and Chief Rum in my eyes. I'm hoping people will be able to vouch for others on this list today to narrow it down further. Also another issue to contend with is if Tyrith was the one who converted Kwhit, it means Hoopsguy also could possibly be a shadow as well as his inability to do action on night 1 doesn't speak to much. So if someone can vouch for him a bit more than "he was asleep on night 1" that might be helpful too.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #616
KWhit
Coordinator

Yes, I think we should all sleep in the ritual room tonight. It might also make sense to have everyone post the actions they plan to take tonight. We can then keep an eye open for any other actions that are unexplained. I know that I have a mundane action that makes me more liable to notice things, so hopefully I can catch a conversion attempt if we're all in the same room.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #617
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Yes, I think we should all sleep in the ritual room tonight. It might also make sense to have everyone post the actions they plan to take tonight. We can then keep an eye open for any other actions that are unexplained. I know that I have a mundane action that makes me more liable to notice things, so hopefully I can catch a conversion attempt if we're all in the same room.

Well my action tonight is to plan on blocking someone on our uncleared list. I'm going to pick one of the people uncleared that Barkeep and Lathum haven't claimed.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #618
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I hate posting actions but, here goes.

Last night, I found the potion of power. It is my intent to give this to Schmidty. Assuming that he is the Augur, this should tremendously increase his chances at tracking the Shadow to it's source for the final guy.

I guess there is a chance that the potion is a potion of Darkness but, this why I wouldn't mind everyone in the same room to provide a level of checks and balances vs my actions and Schmidty.

So, there it is.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #619
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I put that out there now since I seem to be on short lists and just in case Alan T blocks me, you know what he is blocking.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #620
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah, it says actions that occur within the room can still happen, it just causes for a higher chance of being caught.

Another issue here is our ritualist had his power stripped. So only the Spiritmaster can help protect a room, and his role states guarding against intrusions but not about what happens within the room.

I think right now, we really need to try to narrow down who our threats are. Top 3 currently are:

Mustang, Ntndeacon, Mr.Wednesday and Chief Rum in my eyes. I'm hoping people will be able to vouch for others on this list today to narrow it down further. Also another issue to contend with is if Tyrith was the one who converted Kwhit, it means Hoopsguy also could possibly be a shadow as well as his inability to do action on night 1 doesn't speak to much. So if someone can vouch for him a bit more than "he was asleep on night 1" that might be helpful too.

to be fair that isn't a top 3

On a more serious note the way I could vouch for path was through my dreams.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 AM   #621
Joe
Pro Starter

I believe I was followed or searched after last night. If someone says what they found, they could be cleared since the shadow couldn't have done another action.. right? It could also have been kwhit doing his noticing though.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:15 AM   #622
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Just for the record, Swaggs claims there was a conversion attempt last night and he blocked it due to his role. Not saying you didn't sleep Tyrith, just saying that it appears he wasn't the one doing the converting last night.

Catching up, but just wanted to point out that both shadow likely put in a name, so if Tyrith was slept by Lathum then the other shadow would have been the one to attempt to convert Swaggs.

If this has already been pointed out, then never mind.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #623
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Swaggs:
Sun Amulet - that would suggest that you could Identify someone without using a Potion of Identify. Yet Joe seemed to imply (or may have come out and said) that you did have this item. So, when you viewed me did you do it with your role or an item? It is a fairly important note in terms of whether or not you know my role and can vouch for it later if/when I reveal it.

Also, it is pretty clear what role Joe has and if he was correct about you having a potion and can clearly identify the holder of the Mask of Whispers then I would not remotely consider him for a shadow vote today. The person with the Mask communicated with me yesterday, so I can validate a statement on the holder of this item if Joe wants to reveal this information.

I used the scroll of identity on you. It gives me more information than my magical ability. I definitely know your role and about your mundane powers, as well.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #624
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

VOTE Tyrith
VOTE PUNISHMENT

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #625
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Just to confirm Daddtrotgo I was also suspicous of Tyrith so I used my second hex to put him to sleep last night and there was a no kill.

VOTE TYRITH

VOTE PUNISHMENT

In case I was not clear enough, there was absolutely an attempt to convert me last night. My magical item protected me.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #626
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

I sure as heck targeted KWhit night 1.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #627
path12
Coordinator

VOTE TYRITH
VOTE PUNISHMENT

If Mustang does have a potion of power to give to Schmidty, I would assume he could use it the following night. Further assuming that potion assures him finding a shadow, we could find two that night.

It would be even better if we had a block though, if we're down to one by tomorrow night game is over.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #628
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, you don't by chance have any info on who tried to convert you last night? Or does anyone else have that type of information? If Tyrith is #2, and the person who tried to convert Swaggs last night is #3, it would be really handy if we had that information.

Also, going with this, I'll clear Barkeep of being influenced by the shadow at this point too. If Lathum slept Tyrith, and the other shadow did the conversion attempt on Swaggs last night, Barkeep couldn't have been that person. I made sure of that last night, so he is also clear now.

No info on who attempted the conversion.

I can prove my innocence, based on what I did last night, but I'm not sure that today is a good time.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #629
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I sure as heck targeted KWhit night 1.

We'll ask this same question later this evening and see if the answer changes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #630
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
No info on who attempted the conversion.

I can prove my innocence, based on what I did last night, but I'm not sure that today is a good time.

I dont think there is any need to for you Swaggs. You already gave away your role based on saying what item protected you. Since you have a magical role, I am assuming it means you are good. Also saying you know Hoopsguy has such a role clears him in my mind for today too.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #631
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
VOTE TYRITH
VOTE PUNISHMENT

If Mustang does have a potion of power to give to Schmidty, I would assume he could use it the following night. Further assuming that potion assures him finding a shadow, we could find two that night.

It would be even better if we had a block though, if we're down to one by tomorrow night game is over.

In reading the rules, I believe dosing forces them to drink the potion that night. I also believe I do need him in the same room as me though.

I found the potion of power.

Easy enough to verify as a true/false statement.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #632
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
We'll ask this same question later this evening and see if the answer changes.

But of course. That one won't.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #633
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Two things bothering me today is Mustang is creating a convienant excuse to not block him tonight without any thing to help really give us substance.

The other thing is Mr.W's fly by vote and leaving without answering the questions raised about what he was up to last night or to help reduce suspicion on him.

If we have a Signifier around, it might be really useful to help us today by checking out some of the comments made to help us narrow this down some.

Mustang might be a good target for me tonight if he is not cleared before then, as my power would block his ability to use his role or use magic (conversion), but he could still do mundane things such as I assume give someone else a potion. My only fear would be that he is bad, passes along a potion of darkness that then corrupts the person who received it.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #634
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I used the scroll of identity on you. It gives me more information than my magical ability. I definitely know your role and about your mundane powers, as well.

I'd like to hear more about this since Hoops claimed he didn't have any mundane powers.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #635
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I'd like to hear more about this since Hoops claimed he didn't have any mundane powers.

Me too - any mundane powers that Swaggs reveals would be news to me.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #636
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

If hoops give me the okay, I will be happy to reveal as much as he is willing. Since I can verify his role/mundane power whether I am alive and well or cleansed, it is not like the information will be lost should I "die," so I'm not as apt to get the info out there in this game as I would be in a game where all info dies with its discoverer.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #637
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Two things bothering me today is Mustang is creating a convienant excuse to not block him tonight without any thing to help really give us substance.

*L*

Yes, all part of my evil plan. I'm the last Shadow, get everyone in the same room to watch over me and everyone else, give the potion of power to the Augur to find me. MWAAA HA HA HA HA...

The potion of darkness looks like any other potion anyways. Even if I was Shadow, I wouldn't know. And if by some fluke it IS the potion of Darkness, then Schmidty is going to be targeted and then I'm probably going to be targeted.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #638
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Maybe it makes more sense for someone who can block Mustang from using the potion with sleep (Lathum) target him tonight and buy our alchemist time to check that potion out instead, while I pick someone else.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #639
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maybe it makes more sense for someone who can block Mustang from using the potion with sleep (Lathum) target him tonight and buy our alchemist time to check that potion out instead, while I pick someone else.

I can't check it out the researcher is the only one who can.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #640
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe it makes more sense for someone who can block Mustang from using the potion with sleep

I'll tell you now, it might not work against me.

Sure seems like you want to extend the game.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #641
Swaggs
Coordinator

Damn... almost left and forgot to vote.

Vote Tyrith

Vote Punishment
Old 05-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #642
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

By not trusting someone who no one can vouch for thats on a short list of suspects?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #643
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

so are you making a not so subtle hint you are the Sorceror?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #644
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
By not trusting someone who no one can vouch for thats on a short list of suspects?

So, if I'm the last Shadow, what am I gaining by doing this? Really?

I want us all in the same room so everyone can watch and/or protect.

I asked the spiritmaster to help watch us, I asked anyone else to watch me and Schmidty and use anything else to watch over the room.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #645
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
so are you making a not so subtle hint you are the Sorceror?

No, not the Sorceror.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #646
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If hoops give me the okay, I will be happy to reveal as much as he is willing. Since I can verify his role/mundane power whether I am alive and well or cleansed, it is not like the information will be lost should I "die," so I'm not as apt to get the info out there in this game as I would be in a game where all info dies with its discoverer.

I'm not going to stomp my foot and pout if you reveal my role - it is probably not a big deal in the overall scheme of things. But if there isn't a compelling reason to do so in terms of trusts or team strategy, then I don't see the benefit in giving information to the Shadow.

I just wanted to verify what kind of info you collected, in light of today's news about your role. Also, yesterday you had suggested that you knew I wasn't Shadow, which does not appear to be accurate based on how I'm reading the Potion of Identify. I would expect you know that I'm not Sun and that you know my role. But if I'm misunderstanding how this item works, please correct me as I would appreciate the knowledge.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #647
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

that sounds like a hot plan mustang. wooohoo
Old 05-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #648
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not a defense, I'm fully admitting at this point I'm a bad guy. Power went out about 645, realized about 745 all the other apartments still had power, the "emergency" maintenance line never called me back, and I wasn't about to walk 6 blocks to a place I could get WiFi and charge my laptop during the middle of an evening of thunderstorms. Not to mention I was occupied with other things that I forgot about this until I went to bed

Ouch, that sucks Tyrith. Bad luck all around for you today.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #649
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:

There is enough room for everyone in the Ritual Room.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #650
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not going to stomp my foot and pout if you reveal my role - it is probably not a big deal in the overall scheme of things. But if there isn't a compelling reason to do so in terms of trusts or team strategy, then I don't see the benefit in giving information to the Shadow.

I just wanted to verify what kind of info you collected, in light of today's news about your role. Also, yesterday you had suggested that you knew I wasn't Shadow, which does not appear to be accurate based on how I'm reading the Potion of Identify. I would expect you know that I'm not Sun and that you know my role. But if I'm misunderstanding how this item works, please correct me as I would appreciate the knowledge.

I agree with you Hoops, this doesn't make sense. The scroll of identity doesn't give power information or shadow information.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote