Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #601
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Here's what the Lions have been up during free agency:

They signed DE Dewayne White (Bucs).

They signed R.B. T.J. Ducket (Falcons) to a one year deal.

They signed WR Shaun MacDonald (Rams) to a two year deal.

They signed CB Travis Fisher (Rams) to a two year deal.

The Lions now have five running backs on the roster: Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell, TJ Duckett, Shaun Bryson, and Brian Calhoun. They are also rumored to be front-runners in the Chris Brown "sweepstakes". Apparently running backs are the new wide receivers.

Apparently, other than running backs, the only way the Lions will sign anyone is if they played under either Martz or Marinelli. A sounds strategy given how much collective success the Bucs and Rams have had over the last few years.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #602
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
This isn't necessarily my viewpoint, but I think the argument against what you said is that Briggs turned down a large extension, either recently or earlier in the season. Maybe it wouldn't have gotten him top dollar, but he turned it down knowing that there was a chance it could backfire with a franchise tag.

7 years, 33 million. And the Bears said flat out they were almost certainly gonna franchise him if the deal failed.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #603
miked
College Starter

It sucks because teams are using the franchise tag to lowball players. They are essentially trying to blackball them into signing below market deals because if the players don't accept, they get franchised and the player looks like a greedy fool. Why should Briggs have accepted that deal? It was significantly lower than what he would've gotten on the open market and the only reason the Bears offered it was so they could try and save face for when they franchised him. It's sort of ghey.

Edit to add: I agree that it should be brought up as a union thing, but as far as I know, Briggs can't control union deals when he's drafted, so he has a right to be upset. The Bears offer was not in good faith and they have turned it around on him now.

Last edited by miked : 03-13-2007 at 04:15 PM.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #604
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
It sucks because teams are using the franchise tag to lowball players. They are essentially trying to blackball them into signing below market deals because if the players don't accept, they get franchised and the player looks like a greedy fool. Why should Briggs have accepted that deal? It was significantly lower than what he would've gotten on the open market and the only reason the Bears offered it was so they could try and save face for when they franchised him. It's sort of ghey.

What are they gonna do, give him 7, 8, 9 million a year? That'd be two linebackers taking up an enormous amount of cap room. He's good, but he's not THAT freakin' good. Obviously can't just let the guy walk, and no team is gonna give up that good of pick for a linebacker not named Urlacher or Lewis.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #605
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
What are they gonna do, give him 7, 8, 9 million a year? That'd be two linebackers taking up an enormous amount of cap room. He's good, but he's not THAT freakin' good. Obviously can't just let the guy walk, and no team is gonna give up that good of pick for a linebacker not named Urlacher or Lewis.

No offense, CW, since I've always kinda likes the Bears, the trading of Thomas Jones and this whole Lance Briggs fiasco has been the best off-season news from a Lions-fan's perspective by far.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-13-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #606
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
No offense, CW, since I've always kinda likes the Bears, the trading of Thomas Jones and this whole Lance Briggs fiasco has been the best off-season news from a Lions-fan perspective by far.

As a fan of both the Bears and the Lions, it's not really looking like this will bring a huge change in status quo for either team.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #607
Travis
Pro Rookie

Re: Briggs, tell you what buddy, go flip burgers for a year instead with the massive bonus you could get there. This isn't something that just sprang up, and as has been said, you're a part of the union, take your complaints there, it can be dealt with the next time they go to negotiations.

Sure, the owners may be using this clause to their advantage, like the players don't do it where they can too. Look at Dielman this year, 99% sure he had no intentions of signing anywhere other than SD but used his visits with other teams to set/raise his market value and got a better contract out of SD than they originally offered. That's a pretty above board example, but I'm sure you can find plenty of examples of players taking advantage of certain clauses to get perks in any of the major sports.

Suck it up because the alternatives for your skill set likely aren't nearly as lucrative and it's not anything new.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #608
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

The Packers have signed ex-Giants' backup CB Frank Walker to a one-year deal. This is their first signing of the free agency period.

The move allegedly prompted Brett Favre to begin contemplating which finger he will adorn with his second Super Bowl ring.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #609
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

7 years, 33 million is NOT lowballing him for his talent level. Teams can't be expected to slit their own wrists, cap-wise, for a player just because some fool team (ie the 49ers) overpaid for someone in a similar position.

Briggs should be quiet, play for the 7 million a year(which is a nice bit of change, btw), then go to FA next year. He would look like a team players because he didn't bitch publically, and have the potential of making even more next year.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #610
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Here's what the Lions have been up during free agency:

They signed DE Dewayne White (Bucs).

They signed R.B. T.J. Ducket (Falcons) to a one year deal.

They signed WR Shaun MacDonald (Rams) to a two year deal.

They signed CB Travis Fisher (Rams) to a two year deal.

The Lions now have five running backs on the roster: Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell, TJ Duckett, Shaun Bryson, and Brian Calhoun. They are also rumored to be front-runners in the Chris Brown "sweepstakes". Apparently running backs are the new wide receivers.

Apparently, other than running backs, the only way the Lions will sign anyone is if they played under either Martz or Marinelli. A sounds strategy given how much collective success the Bucs and Rams have had over the last few years.

I like the Fisher deal. It seems likely he may start with Stanley Wilson to start the year at this point unless they have faith Bryant can be healthy then Fisher will be the Nickel Back.

As far as the RB's, I expect KJ and Calhoun won't be ready to go full tilt to start the year, and Bryson will play some FB. If we sign Brown I think Bell or Jone (if healthy) is gone and the Lions have talked to Dallas regarding Julius Jones.

Lots of crazyness in Detroit.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #611
Mo.Raider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Raiders looking good in offseason!

What is the shelf life on things like this?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:00 AM   #612
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo.Raider View Post
What is the shelf life on things like this?

'Til Al Davis leaves this world.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #613
Mo.Raider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
'Til Al Davis leaves this world.

Strong words. Did he cheat you in poker or something, or just own a football team you don't like?

Last edited by Mo.Raider : 03-14-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: added an s to word. Yeah I'm nitpicky.
Mo.Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #614
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Moss to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers and a draft pick looks close to being done. That better be a good draft pick or multiple picks.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #615
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Moss to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers and a draft pick looks close to being done. That better be a good draft pick or multiple picks.

Well, this shows what the Packers think of Rodgers for sure.

You again wonder - what the heck are they going to do when Favre stops coming back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #616
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Well, this shows what the Packers think of Rodgers for sure.

You again wonder - what the heck are they going to do when Favre stops coming back?

the other question is why would the raiders want rodgers? unless I'm missing something, the times I've seen rodgers play the term "hopeless" came up. when the pats went up there it felt like the packers should have forfeited at halftime with him at the helm.

for the pack I would guess they feel like they have another year to draft another guy. looking at it they will have a kind of grace period when favre retires at least locally I would guess.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #617
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
the other question is why would the raiders want rodgers? unless I'm missing something, the times I've seen rodgers play the term "hopeless" came up. when the pats went up there it felt like the packers should have forfeited at halftime with him at the helm.

for the pack I would guess they feel like they have another year to draft another guy. looking at it they will have a kind of grace period when favre retires at least locally I would guess.

You didn't just attempt to apply logic to what the Raiders do, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #618
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Well now the Lions have a real shot to do something with a trade because it sounds like many teams look at Russell as nothing more then a second rounder so people looking for a QB are looking at Quinn. Detroit is in a great position to deal down and if they don't, they need to take Thomas.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #619
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
You didn't just attempt to apply logic to what the Raiders do, did you?

whoops!

Raiders looking good in Moss trade.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #620
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Green Bay has had multiple training camps at which to look at Rogers.

And they are willing to trade him.

That should tell the Raiders everything that they need to know.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #621
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle View Post
Well now the Lions have a real shot to do something with a trade because it sounds like many teams look at Russell as nothing more then a second rounder so people looking for a QB are looking at Quinn. Detroit is in a great position to deal down and if they don't, they need to take Thomas.

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I don't understand where you're coming from at all. Are you trying to say that the Raiders will pass on Quinn due to this deal, strengthening the Lions' ability to move?

Russell has been their guy all along. People are figuring Quinn to go in the 6-9 range.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #622
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Maybe I'm misreading this, but I don't understand where you're coming from at all. Are you trying to say that the Raiders will pass on Quinn due to this deal, strengthening the Lions' ability to move?

Russell has been their guy all along. People are figuring Quinn to go in the 6-9 range.

From what I've been reading people are split on Russell. Many teams have him listed as a second round pick because of his laxadasical attitude and poor work ethic. While two QB's will be available, many more teams feel Quinn is the guy they want. Cleveland will take one or the other, but if they want Quinn it'll make it more likely that a team like a Houston or Miami springboards them to take Quinn because they need a QB and don't feel Russell is their man.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #623
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
That should tell the Raiders everything that they need to know.

Again, bravo for using logic, but you're clearly missing the key word in that sentence.

Hint: it's capitalized
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #624
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Huge news for the Saints today- it has nothing to do with signing players...

For the first time in maybe...ever? The superdome has sold all of the suites for the 2007 season. Also there is a waiting list well over 10,000 for season tickets- it's good to prove all the people who said New Orleans couldn't support the team wrong.

As for tickets- I know it will be hard to get them, we are trying to pick up 3 more in the terrace (current season ticket holders get first priority)- and when I talked to my ticket rep she said it wasn't looking like many tickets would become available.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #625
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Favre's base salaries are so high that I still think that financially he'll play out the remainder of his deal(2-3 more years). They won't cut him, and I doubt they will make him take a paycut either. Unless he can't walk, he'll play.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #626
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola-
Raiders looking good in pre-trade.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:31 AM   #627
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Eagles signed Kevin Curtis...$32 mil over 6 years.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:05 AM   #628
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Tampa Bay has brought Franchised Saints DE Charles Grant in for a visit.

If they sign him and the Saints don't match, they would have to give the Saints two #1s. Much more likely, if a deal were to happen, is that the parties work out a deal for something less than that.

Of course, high value trades within a division carry a certain sort of risk, so I'm not holding my breath that anything will happen as a result of that meeting.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #629
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Eagles signed Kevin Curtis...$32 mil over 6 years.

^
step 1: find black hole
step 2: walk to very edge of said black hole
step 3: throw $32 million (or whatever portion is guaranteed) into black hole
Old 03-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #630
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Tampa Bay has brought Franchised Saints DE Charles Grant in for a visit.

If they sign him and the Saints don't match, they would have to give the Saints two #1s. Much more likely, if a deal were to happen, is that the parties work out a deal for something less than that.

Of course, high value trades within a division carry a certain sort of risk, so I'm not holding my breath that anything will happen as a result of that meeting.

I'm confused. How is Tampa even negotiating with Grant if the Saints tagged him?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #631
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Moss to the Pack makes me LOL. He should be good for them in their two games against the Vikes this year, though.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #632
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I'm confused. How is Tampa even negotiating with Grant if the Saints tagged him?

Cause the Saints gave him the lower of the two franchise tags. The "exclusive" one being the higher one, and being the one where you can't seek any other contracts.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #633
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

So if Tampa wants to sign him and New Orleans doesn't want to work out a trade, Tampa would owe the #4 pick in the draft and their pick next year?

Grant is good, but I'd let him walk for that. Hell, I'd call him a cab!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #634
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Aw Shiiii

Cardinals | Morey signs
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:23:07 -0700
The Arizona Cardinals have signed unrestricted free-agent WR Sean Morey (Steelers) to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Now the Cards have gone and done it.....
Old 03-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #635
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Cause the Saints gave him the lower of the two franchise tags. The "exclusive" one being the higher one, and being the one where you can't seek any other contracts.

isn't that what they called "transition player" instead of franchise?

FM
Old 03-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #636
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
isn't that what they called "transition player" instead of franchise?

FM

No, transition player is totally different.

Quote:
Franchise Free Agents (FFA)

A franchise player is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries at his position in the previous season, or a 20 percent salary increase, whichever is greater. This type of franchise player may negotiate with other clubs. His original club has seven days to match the offer and retain the player, or receive two first-round draft choices as compensation if the original club elects not to match.

Exclusive Franchise Free Agents (EFFA)

The second type of franchise player is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries at his position computed on April 15th at the end of restricted free agency, or a 20 percent salary increase, whichever is greater. Other clubs cannot negotiate with exclusive franchise players.

Basically the major difference being that an exclusive franchise player's contract is dependant on the salaries signed in the FA period as well. A few years back, IIRC, the contract that Winfield signed with the Vikes(huge year one cap roster bonus of 12m plus) caused the franchise tender number for Charles Woodson to go up by like 2m on it's own, since he was exclusive....
Old 03-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #637
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Aw Shiiii

Cardinals | Morey signs
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:23:07 -0700
The Arizona Cardinals have signed unrestricted free-agent WR Sean Morey (Steelers) to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Now the Cards have gone and done it.....

I remember when Morey first came into the league with the Pats. Hard working kid who plays way above his skill level - needed to considering he went to Brown.

Assuming the money was cheap, he'll be a decent 5th WR and good special teams player.

Real hard worker.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:52 AM   #638
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Grant is good, but I'd let him walk for that. Hell, I'd call him a cab!
But would you walk him to the cab and pay for the fare? If Tampa has to give up a #4 pick and another pick the following year, I'd pack Grants belongings up for him and drive him to Tampa.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #639
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
I remember when Morey first came into the league with the Pats. Hard working kid who plays way above his skill level - needed to considering he went to Brown.

Assuming the money was cheap, he'll be a decent 5th WR and good special teams player.

Real hard worker.

there's no evidence he worked any harder than anyone else

maybe if he tried harder he could have been the new hotness rather than mike furrey or wes welker or kevin curtis.

this is the era of the overachieving little white wideout! too bad Morey didn't apply himself!

Last edited by rkmsuf : 03-16-2007 at 10:59 AM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #640
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
this is the era of the overachieving little wide wideout! too bad Morey didn't apply himself!

They just don't like kids who went to college in Rhode Island. =P

[email protected]

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #641
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

When a trade rumor exists, it can be fun to go to the various fan message boards to see how out of touch fans are to actual market value.

Right now, Saints fans are saying things like "Well, if they offer us the #4 overall and a starting CB and a 3rd round pick for Grant, then I might consider it." And Bucs fans are saying things like "If we trade them our 6th rounder for Grant and their 7th rounder, then I think that is probably about fair--though I hate to lose that 6th rounder."
Old 03-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #642
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post

Real hard worker.

Who cares about how hard he works. He still is a fringe player in the league, and his special teams "ace" ability is seriously overrated. I'm glad he's gone so I don't have to see another year of him getting blown past or blocked out of a return. He's a 31 year old with 3 career catches.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #643
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When a trade rumor exists, it can be fun to go to the various fan message boards to see how out of touch fans are to actual market value.

Right now, Saints fans are saying things like "Well, if they offer us the #4 overall and a starting CB and a 3rd round pick for Grant, then I might consider it." And Bucs fans are saying things like "If we trade them our 6th rounder for Grant and their 7th rounder, then I think that is probably about fair--though I hate to lose that 6th rounder."

What do you think is reasonably "fair?" Grant and #4 for #27 puts his "chart value" at the range of the 12th pick overall. Grant plus #27 plus the Saints 3rd for #4 seems like a reasonable solution too.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #644
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Who cares about how hard he works. He still is a fringe player in the league, and his special teams "ace" ability is seriously overrated.

Yes, he is a fringe player.

That's why he's mostly a special teams guy. Whole 'nuther debate here, but I'd rather a guy that works hard and busts his ass play special teams for me rather than a guy who has tons of talent and doesn't work hard.

But as someone pointed out earlier, whether he works hard or not is simply perception, so YMMV.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay

Last edited by beargrowlz : 03-16-2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #645
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Must
Stop
Urge
to
Defend
Cardinals
Moves

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 03-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #646
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
No, transition player is totally different.

Basically the major difference being that an exclusive franchise player's contract is dependant on the salaries signed in the FA period as well. A few years back, IIRC, the contract that Winfield signed with the Vikes(huge year one cap roster bonus of 12m plus) caused the franchise tender number for Charles Woodson to go up by like 2m on it's own, since he was exclusive....

ahh, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

FM
Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #647
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
What do you think is reasonably "fair?" Grant and #4 for #27 puts his "chart value" at the range of the 12th pick overall. Grant plus #27 plus the Saints 3rd for #4 seems like a reasonable solution too.

I think that a DE who can play the run and the pass and is in the prime of his career and does not have an inury history is worth a middle of the first round pick.

That said, I don't really know what the Saints would do with the #4 overall. The only player at the top of the draft that fills a need is Calvin Johnson, and I see him going in the top three.

Also, if it is clear that the Saints are going to let Grant walk after this season, then that reduces his trade value.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #648
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

From the "The Sky is Blue" department, apparently the Giants have started off-season workouts and despite pleas from Giants' brass and players, including Manning, both Shockey and Burress are absent.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #649
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
From the "The Sky is Blue" department, apparently the Giants have started off-season workouts and despite pleas from Giants' brass and players, including Manning, both Shockey and Burress are absent.

Voluntary workouts = voluntary attendance.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #650
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

OMG! The Pats sign another WR.

Resigned Bam Childress.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 03-20-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote