Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-04-2006, 12:37 AM   #601
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Pistons are reportedly going to sign Pryzbilla to replace Ben. Probably an economical solution to their current problem.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #602
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Pistons are reportedly going to sign Pryzbilla to replace Ben. Probably an economical solution to their current problem.

Well, I guess you could call Pryzi a homeless-man's Ben Wallace...
Old 07-04-2006, 01:02 AM   #603
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
Well, I guess you could call Pryzi a homeless-man's Ben Wallace...

Gooden and Snow and Newble for Francis and Jackie Butler? Probably a rumor, but it definitely "works" within the trade rules.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #604
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Gooden and Snow and Newble for Francis and Jackie Butler? Probably a rumor, but it definitely "works" within the trade rules.

If this was three years ago I'd make the trade, but I think Francis' career is shot. He has no confidence left in his game and makes an insane amount of money. I seriously hope this doesn't happen. I'd prefer Gooden.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:10 AM   #605
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If this was three years ago I'd make the trade, but I think Francis' career is shot. He has no confidence left in his game and makes an insane amount of money. I seriously hope this doesn't happen. I'd prefer Gooden.

He just got mindfucked by Larry Brown. He'd be a good offensive weapon to have when Hughes misses his 20-30 games this season.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #606
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
He just got mindfucked by Larry Brown. He'd be a good offensive weapon to have when Hughes misses his 20-30 games this season.

It was the same in Orlando for him at the end there. Not exactly sure when it happened, but the pressure got to him and he stopped shooting the ball almost entirely, which is the thing that he is best at. He's always been a SG playing PG.

If he asserted himself again then I'd make the trade, but then we lack serious depth in the frontcourt. I don't think Butler is the answer there.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:59 AM   #607
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
I am shocked how quickly the relationship between Wallace and the Pistons went downhill. I really would like to know when this started. It could not have been just the blow up between Flip and Ben near the end of the season was it? Either way I agree with everyone else about the signing. Very suspect signing IMO.

I have a feeling that there has been a LOT more than we would think going on with this team behind the scenes than would have seemed possible. I think the Orlando blowup, plus some of the comments by the other players during the Conference Finals, were only the tip of the iceberg.

Ben was very upset this year about not being a part of the offense. Well, news flash Ben, your offense sucks and your defense has been slowly declining the last couple seasons. Good luck in Chicago, but I really don't think he will be missed anywhere near as much as he would have been if this happened last offseason.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #608
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Thanks...now I'm going to have nightmares about Chris Dudley's foul shooting.
What foul shooting?

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #609
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Not that a lot of you care, but Harpring is re-signing with the Jazz....
Old 07-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #610
JeeberD
General Manager

Former UTEP Miner Jason Williams is in Chicago this week trying out for the Bulls. I'm not sure what the Bulls look like at the SG/SF position, but JDub could be a potential lock down defender. His offensive game could use some work, but he has potential on the offensive end. Best of luck to you, Jason!

http://www.kdbc.com/news/sports/3277521.html

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #611
st.cronin
General Manager

I have this feeling that someday all basketball players will be named Jason Williams.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #612
JeeberD
General Manager

The Miners have a freshman RB coming in this year named Jason Williams, so I think it's going to be all athletes, not just basketball players...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #613
Groundhog
Coordinator

OK, so:

* Detroit signing Nazr Mohammed.
* Chicago trading Chandler for PJ Brown and JR Smith. Knicks apparently want in as they have interest in JR Smith.
* Joel Prizi staying with Portland.
* Talks between Jazz and Warriors for a Derek Fisher for Devin Brown/Keith McLeod/Andre Owens trade.
* 5 teams contacting Mike James - including Dallas Mavericks.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #614
miami_fan
Coordinator

I have always liked PJ Brown's game but at this stage of his career I don't think he has that much left. Can Paxson sucker Isiah out of his first rounder for JR Smith?

OKC must have been really good to George Shinn last year. He has opened up the wallet this offseason.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #615
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
I have always liked PJ Brown's game but at this stage of his career I don't think he has that much left. Can Paxson sucker Isiah out of his first rounder for JR Smith?

OKC must have been really good to George Shinn last year. He has opened up the wallet this offseason.

You mean the 1st rounder he already has from the Curry trade?

God, Isiah's an awful GM.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #616
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex
You mean the 1st rounder he already has from the Curry trade?

God, Isiah's an awful GM.

Oops I forgot about that
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #617
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds like the Sonics are trying to go cheap with Chris Wilcox, so there's a growing possibility he may be dealt in a sign-and-trade deal, or he might opt to take the qualifying offer and be an unrestricted free agent next year. The Denver deal with Nene raised the market, while the Sonics are hoping the low number of teams with salary cap space means they have leverage to lowball him.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #618
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
Sounds like the Sonics are trying to go cheap with Chris Wilcox, so there's a growing possibility he may be dealt in a sign-and-trade deal, or he might opt to take the qualifying offer and be an unrestricted free agent next year. The Denver deal with Nene raised the market, while the Sonics are hoping the low number of teams with salary cap space means they have leverage to lowball him.

To me Wilcox reeks of one of those players that will get his paycheck and then have a 12ppg-8rpg career. The stupid Nuggets have screwed more than just their own team with that idiotic contract to Nene. Oh, to be athletic and tall... how easy life would be!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #619
miami_fan
Coordinator

Summer League Info

If anyone is looking to see if their favorite undrafted free agent signed with a summer league, Here are links to the summer league sites.

Las Vegas (Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Golden State, Houston, Clippers, Minnesota, New Orleans, New York. Phoenix, Portland Sacramento, Toronto, Washington)

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/index.cfm

Southern Cal League (Lakers, Memphis, Dallas, Washington)

http://www.summerproleague.com/index.html

Orlando (Charlotte, Chicago, Indiana, Miami, New Jersey, Orlando)

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/06summerleague.html

The Heat have signed both Pittsnogle and Gansey

Salt Lake City (Atlanta, Dallas, Philly, San Antonio, Seattle, Utah)
Old 07-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #620
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Lebron James still hasn't extended his contract.

He will get a better deal with Nike if he goes to a bigger market according to the sports talk shows.

I hope he comes to the Lakers. He is a Big Magic Johnson fan.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #621
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To me Wilcox reeks of one of those players that will get his paycheck and then have a 12ppg-8rpg career.
Maybe, but that really depends on his minutes. Even when he was backing up Brand with the Clips, his numbers per 48 minutes were pretty close to what he did with the Sonics.

I don't think he's got much of an offensive game right now - he's mainly an athletic big that can get up and down the floor quickly and get points in transition. He doesn't seem to have any real go-to moves in the post yet. His rebounding isn't totally consistent from game to game, but when you have a guy that can go off for 20 boards, that's a real weapon.

I don't think he'll ever be a superstar, but I think if you give him the minutes he'll give you a consistent double-double. And if he does improve his offensive game, then he's inching into 20-10 territory.

However, I don't think there's much doubt that the style of play the Sonics have right now is one of the few places that maximize Wilcox's strengths, and he should keep that in mind with his negotiations.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #622
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

He will get a better deal with Nike if he goes to a bigger market according to the sports talk shows.

Like going to a bigger market is really going to mean a thing for him... He's LeBron James, the best basketballer in the NBA. Everyone knows who he is.

If he leaves the Cavs, I will be heartbroken. I doubt very much he will however.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:45 PM   #623
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

The fact that Lebron hasn't signed yet means nothing. Even if he wanted out of Cleveland he'd still sign the extension.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:04 AM   #624
miami_fan
Coordinator

I wondered if I was the only one who is puzzled by the infatuation with him not announcing his intention to sign or not sign. What if he says absolutely nothing but signs his contract at 12am on the 12? Let me know when he announces that he will not sign with the Cavs, then we will have a big story.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:12 AM   #625
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Neither have wade, bosh or Carmelo. You can't do anything until the 12th.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #626
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The market got blown up with the Dalemburt/Chandler deals last year. Wilcox wants similar money, and one could argue that he is a better player than either. I would do just as the sonics are, 3 months of good basketball is not worth what he wants. His best bet is to force a sign and trade, taking the QO costs him a lot of money, and there still won't be that many teams under the cap next year, so he'll end up having to take the MLE.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #627
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Melo and Wade have agreed to deals though.

Not sure on Bosh. James hasn't.

As for the Nuggets and Nene, I'm not sure what they were supposed to do. Kmart is going to be dumped in some form or fashion this off season. Camby is an injury prone, older C.

Nene is a fast, powerful PF/C who fits into their system. By all accounts, something like 75% of the league contacted the Nuggets about an S&T for Nene. The longer they waited to do a deal, the more the price would have went up.

Personally, I'm torn. On one hand, Nene has never proven anything. The guy has little/no offensive game. He's injury prone and coming off a pretty severe injury to boot.

On the other, people outside of Denver have no idea how much his loss meant to this team last year. He's one of the top defensive PF/C in the league. He's essentially quick enough to go out and D up on SF. He's explosive and he helps run other teams forwards into the ground. (he'd get two or three dunks a game after made baskets by simply outrunning the opposition down the court)

Time will tell, but I can't fault the Nuggets on this one. I don't think they overpaid (because the interest was ridiculously high for this guy and he was going to get paid somewhere). I also think they had to do what they did because of painting themselves in a corner with other deals in the past. (I'm talking to you KMart)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #628
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

But they all committed already. Its a done deal.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #629
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:

I say no way he leaves Cleveland - he'll make all the money he ever needs in life without being in NY or LA. The one thing money can't buy him is a legacy though - Michael Jordan didn't need to go to the Lakers or Celtics to win his rings - he took a sorry franchise and made it a dynasty. How long has it been since any team in Cleveland won anything? If he brings the Cavs a title he'll be the hero of heroes in that town and I think he can make it happen. He needs one player to compliment him and three more guys who play defense, rebound and can make a wide open shot and basically just not screw things up and he'll get at least one ring. I can't see him passing on the opportunity to truly be the next MJ unless Cleveland does something stupid to piss him off - like say booing him for having an off night
Old 07-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #630
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Check Bill Simmons' annual top-40 NBA players column - he lists a lot of reasons why LeBron would want to move on to N.Y. or L.A. And the silence from his camp on the max extension offer has been deafening, especially in comparison to 'Melo and Wade already agreeing to their extensions.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #631
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Check Bill Simmons' annual top-40 NBA players column - he lists a lot of reasons why LeBron would want to move on to N.Y. or L.A. And the silence from his camp on the max extension offer has been deafening, especially in comparison to 'Melo and Wade already agreeing to their extensions.

Ok I checked it out and LeBron can live in NY or LA if he wants to have a clothing line or record company - he doesn't need to play in the city he lives in. He mentions the possibility of LeBron's endorsement deals doubling - whats the difference between 100 million and 200 million?

For starters there is no way in hell NY could get him. That team is so screwed up salary wise that I doubt they'll be able to sign LeBron's firstborn when he becomes a free agent. LA isn't nearly the mess NY is but still neither LA team is positioned to sign him as a free agent. The Lakers could be assuming they just let Kwame Brown walk and possibly find a way to deal Odom at his contract's end but to pay Kobe over 21 million in 08/09 plus a max deal for LeBron you're paying two guys over 50% of the cap. The Clippers won't really be in any better position to do that with Mobley and Maggette eating up 17 million then in addition to Brand at 16 and change, whatever they end up giving Chris Kaman as an extension and the final year of Livingston's contract.

The only way any of those teams get LeBron is a sign and trade or LeBron agrees to play for less than half of what he would be worth by taking the mid level exception. And how do you be the guy responsible for trading LeBron James? There is NOTHING on the Knicks anyone would trade for. There's no young talent on the Lakers worth trading for and the Clips you would have Livingston and Kaman but even with picks there's nothing you could even get to be close to value for him especially because the picks you get are going to be worthless since LeBron will take the team to the playoffs.

The interesting city of choice would have been Chicago. Big market and 08/09 looks good with Gordon in the final year, Deng in the final year, you would have to resign Hinrich and would have Nocioni on a new deal but there would be money for LeBron...oh yeah, they'll have a past his prime 35 year old center making 18 million or so to shoot 30% from the free throw line instead of cap space to sign MJ part 2.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #632
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

dola - just for a point of reference to show how bad Isiah screwed this team up - the Knicks are already close to the salary cap in the 2008/2009 season with only 8 players under contract for almost $63 million. Eddy Curry's contract is up this year and that's not counting the rookies they drafted so good luck with that NY.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #633
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski
Ok I checked it out and LeBron can live in NY or LA if he wants to have a clothing line or record company - he doesn't need to play in the city he lives in.
But he's going to live in the city he plays in during the season, and living in N.Y. or L.A. during the season gives him that much more access to TV talk shows, record execs, Hollywood producers (if he's in L.A.). Even more importantly, living in those cities means he's far more available for schmoozing in person at parties and functions and whatnot, and while he gets plenty of press simply by being (arguably) the best player in the NBA, his press would increase quite a bit were he to be playing for an L.A. or N.Y. team.

Quote:
He mentions the possibility of LeBron's endorsement deals doubling - whats the difference between 100 million and 200 million?
Seriously? $100M is a lot of scratch. If he's serious about building a LeBron media empire, that kind of money goes a long way and makes it easier for him to pursue that angle in a big way.

I agree that Isiah has screwed N.Y. over royally in terms of salary cap and there's nothing close to fair value in terms of a sign & trade, so he's not going to the Knicks. The Lakers are a possibility though - Kobe + LeBron + a lot of low-paid role players could still be a very good team, especially if they draft well and get some relatively cheap young talent to fill some of the spots for a few years at a time. I don't know what the Nets salary cap situation is like, but LeBron could play for them and live in N.Y.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #634
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
But he's going to live in the city he plays in during the season, and living in N.Y. or L.A. during the season gives him that much more access to TV talk shows, record execs, Hollywood producers (if he's in L.A.).

How much time does he have to go on Letterman during the season? During the season he should be focusing on playing basketball - not producing movies or records or clothing lines anyways. And he's LeBron - there hasn't been an athlete this hyped in years. He's not the typical star player playing in a smaller market - EVERYONE knows LeBron.

Quote:
I agree that Isiah has screwed N.Y. over royally in terms of salary cap and there's nothing close to fair value in terms of a sign & trade, so he's not going to the Knicks. The Lakers are a possibility though - Kobe + LeBron + a lot of low-paid role players could still be a very good team, especially if they draft well and get some relatively cheap young talent to fill some of the spots for a few years at a time. I don't know what the Nets salary cap situation is like, but LeBron could play for them and live in N.Y.

The Lakers need to get rid of Odom first - and when you talk low paid role players you're talking filling 10-13 roster spots for like 20 million to be roughly at the cap. You can't really pay one guy 20+ million and be able to get under the cap enough to sign a second one to a max deal as well.

The Nets salary situation is no better. They're on the hook for some 40 million already with basically Kidd, Jefferson and Collins. Vince will be a free agent heading into that season as well and he would be like 32. The only way LeBron could go to NJ is a sign and trade where both teams resign their guy and swap them.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #635
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Rod Thorn is a genius. If he wants Bron-Bron to play in Brooklyn (or more likely, Newark when the Brooklyn arena deal falls dead) then he'll make it happen....
Old 07-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #636
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Im not saying he couldn't make it happen - but he would have to convince Danny Ferry that trading LeBron for Vince Carter wouldn't end up being looked back as the day the Cavs officially got sent back to the bottom of the league for good. An unhappy 32 year old Vince Carter - just what a franchise needs. There is nobody in a major market that can work a sign and trade even remotely acceptable to the Cavs other than maybe Chicago if they're willing to part with guys like Hinrich and Deng or something.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #637
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Im not saying he couldn't make it happen - but he would have to convince Danny Ferry that trading LeBron for Vince Carter wouldn't end up being looked back as the day the Cavs officially got sent back to the bottom of the league for good. An unhappy 32 year old Vince Carter - just what a franchise needs. There is nobody in a major market that can work a sign and trade even remotely acceptable to the Cavs other than maybe Chicago if they're willing to part with guys like Hinrich and Deng or something.
Im kind of getting depressed about the situation, and I was bored and thinking of possible trades. I think Phoenix looks like a decent trading partner. Something like Barbosa/Diaw plus 2-3 picks(including the Hawks picks). Although they aren't a major market. Or that Bulls scenerio if the Knicks pick from next year was good and included. Any trade puts the cavs into the stone age anyways, you're getting screwed regardless.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #638
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
How much time does he have to go on Letterman during the season? During the season he should be focusing on playing basketball - not producing movies or records or clothing lines anyways. And he's LeBron - there hasn't been an athlete this hyped in years. He's not the typical star player playing in a smaller market - EVERYONE knows LeBron.
As a sports fan, it's easy to think that. But Shaq transcended his sports popularity with his Hollywood connections. Magic would've been huge no matter what, but playing in L.A. gave him that many more personal connections to people in the entertainment industry.

While you and I and every Joe Fan around the country knows who LeBron is, if he were in L.A. he would undoubtebly become more ingrained in the entertainment industry and his popularity as a result would spill over to the segment of the population that aren't sports fans.

When you live in L.A. or N.Y., it's not a big deal to go on Letterman or Leno on a night off during the season.

Quote:
The Lakers need to get rid of Odom first - and when you talk low paid role players you're talking filling 10-13 roster spots for like 20 million to be roughly at the cap. You can't really pay one guy 20+ million and be able to get under the cap enough to sign a second one to a max deal as well.
It might be tough to fit both Kobe and LeBron on one salary cap, yes. But it's not impossible.

Quote:
The Nets salary situation is no better. They're on the hook for some 40 million already with basically Kidd, Jefferson and Collins. Vince will be a free agent heading into that season as well and he would be like 32. The only way LeBron could go to NJ is a sign and trade where both teams resign their guy and swap them.
With LeBron, you could afford to trade Jefferson or Kidd.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #639
Mantle2600
High School Varsity

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2513416

CLEVELAND -- LeBron James won't be leaving home anytime soon.

Cleveland's All-Star forward accepted a five-year contract extension worth about $80 million from the Cavaliers on Saturday, a huge relief for the rising team and its fretting fans who worried he might be planning an escape.

James, who in three seasons as a pro has turned the Cavaliers from doormats into a playoff team, will sign the deal once the league's moratorium ends Wednesday, said his agent Leon Rose.

"I am very excited and happy to be re-signing with the Cavaliers. Staying in Cleveland ... provides me with the unique opportunity to continue to play in front of my family, friends and fans," James said in a statement released by his publicist. "I look forward to working toward bringing a championship to our great fans and the city of Cleveland."

Browns. Cavs. Tribe. Buckeyes. Period.
Mantle2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #640
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

woot, f**k LA and NY. im sick of their media and sports writers trying to convince every star that they are wasting thier talents if they arnt in thier cities
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #641
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

LeBron don't need the money anyway. He's set for life on his endorsement deal with Nike alone.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:54 PM   #642
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
woot, f**k LA and NY. im sick of their media and sports writers trying to convince every star that they are wasting thier talents if they arnt in thier cities

LOL
Old 07-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #643
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, there's something to that. I mean no one outside of sports has heard of Michael Jordan or Peyton Manning since they didn't play on a coast...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-08-2006 at 10:52 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #644
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Fuck the haters. Today they can eat dick, and tomorrow they can start the "Dwight Howard wants out of Orlando?" rumors. The whole entire time LeBron has been in the league, since before he was even officially drafted, they tried to say that he would leave. They said he would be like Steve Francis and force his way out.

Now I'm not doubting that at some point he will try to make an exit, and if they can't build a winning team around him, I can at least see the point.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:42 PM   #645
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Watch for Kevin Garrnet to come to the Lakers when his contract is up in Minnsota.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #646
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

when is Garrnets contract up?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #647
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

I hear Dwyane Wade is demanding a trade to the Lakers.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #648
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Well, there's something to that. I mean no one outside of sports has heard of Michael Jordan or Peyton Manning since they didn't play on a coast...

SI

Ok, Jordan I know - he played on all those championship teams, right? But that other guy, I have no clue who he is.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #649
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Ok, Jordan I know - he played on all those championship teams, right? But that other guy, I have no clue who he is.

Well, and by that same token, how many more people know who ARod is *because* he plays in New York. There are some exceptions, certainly: Jeter or Kobe probably wouldn't be as well known. But those are still names that don't completely transcend all entertainment, especially not more than Peyton Manning.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #650
LloydLungs
College Prospect

In other news, Hornets team president Paul Mott was fired this weekend. For those of us following the situation closely down here, this is the move we've been watching for -- he was the organization's main pro-OKC guy, and this essentially confirms the team's return to New Orleans in 2007-08, barring another Katrina.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote