Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #601
Kodos
Resident Alien

No problem, Vince. We can reschedule for some other time.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 01:35 PM   #602
Vince
Pro Starter

Wait though

Last night I realized you were talking 8:30 your time, which is 6:30 my time. And if our game goes on for 2 and a half hours, I think it'd be worth being a little late to the intramural game. So if you're still up for it, I can play.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:12 PM   #603
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

Okay! We're on!
Old 03-13-2003, 02:13 PM   #604
Vince
Pro Starter

Sweet...here's hoping for 3 victories for me today
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:47 PM   #605
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'll root for 2.

No intramurals victory for you!
Old 03-13-2003, 03:08 PM   #606
RainRaven
High School JV

I can play tonight if anyone on my games to be played list is ready to whoop me with my current losing streak.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:48 PM   #607
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey, cool logo on the FML League Page! Big DPW did that? Good job!

Last edited by Kodos : 03-13-2003 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:00 PM   #608
CoachTD7
n00b

Vince,

Remember we are playing at 8pm ET. What time does Kodos and you play in terms of Eastern time?

Coach TD7

http://www.geocities.com/tretd7/Fmlmainpage.html
CoachTD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #609
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, I'm going to hop onto Madden in a minute or two here Coach...here's hoping for no lag.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:59 PM   #610
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, this is getting out of control...Coach and I just called it a game after a half, because the lag was just ridiculous. I can honestly say that I don't think there was a single play that didn't include a little lag hiccup. I conceded the game to him, because irrespective of the lag he was absolutely kicking my ass, and I will take the loss. This is just getting more frustrating than fun, and that's never good.

Kodos, I'm going to have to call off our game until I can figure out what is making my games so laggy...

Final Score:
Colts 0
Chargers 35

Yeah, it was that bad. My DBs couldn't cover a banana slug today, and my offense was just putrid. Sorry that the game was so laggy, Coach.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't find anything online, but whenever I'm online, my connection is 4 or 5 out of 5 on the madden server indicator thing. Today, when I started playing Coach, his was 3/5, and when we got back on after the first disconnect, he was 1/5. According to him, mine isn't even showing a connection at all (0/5), and he's never had connection problems before. This is just out of control
Old 03-13-2003, 08:11 PM   #611
Kodos
Resident Alien

Okay. Sorry to hear about your lag troubles. That just sucks.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:19 PM   #612
CoachTD7
n00b

That sucks Vince about your connection. My user file Coach TD7 disconnect is 3%(that is the only one I use) and I never get disconnect. When I looked at your connection, as you noted, it said no response. It sucks playing lag ball, because everything is in slow motion. I was lucky to get what I could. Good game though. Can you get dial up Vince?

Coach TD7

Old 03-13-2003, 08:55 PM   #613
RainRaven
High School JV

Anyone open tonight to a game?
Old 03-14-2003, 12:51 AM   #614
Chris01
n00b

Great game JoeGibbsJr. You have great D bro. Both my Saints and his Redskins played alright offensively, but both our teams were stepping up on third downs and making eachother punt when it mattered. The fourth qtr was back and forth when it came to three and outs. But I managed to get a game winning fg of about 40 yrds or so to win the game after I called a t.o. with 2 seconds left. Great game JoeGibbs and enjoy your business trip bro. Sorry I didn't leave details of the game, I never really do, feel free to bud. Take care.

Saints: 13 at Redskins :10
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 01:07 AM   #615
joegibbsjr.
n00b

That was a Hell of a game Bro!!! Nothing but defense in that 1. I just couldn't get enough going on offense to get an edge. It seemed like every time my D stepped up, my O stayed flat. I look forward to our rematch last game of the season. GOOD GAME!!!!
joegibbsjr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 06:14 PM   #616
Chuck127
n00b

PRIMELORD.....sorry I havent been posting on here in awhile!
Ive been pretty busy with the night classes I have been taking. As I had to prepare for my mid terms.

Anyway, just let me know when you wanna get that WEEK 9 matchup in.

Thanks
Chuck127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #617
BigDPW
College Prospect

Primelord - I should be able to play some time after 3:0 or so this afternoon until about 8:00 - 9:00 EST... Let me know if you can get a game in during that time...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 09:39 AM   #618
primelord
Pro Rookie

BigDPW,

I should be able to play around 3:30 EST. I will plan on meeting you in the FML room then.

Chuck,

I should be available for most of the day after my game with BigDPW. Let me know if you are available for any of those times.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:51 PM   #619
primelord
Pro Rookie

BigDPW,

It's about 20 minutes past so I am guessing you didn;t see this post. Chuck and I are going to play our game now. You and I can try and get our game in later today if you have time.
Old 03-16-2003, 04:03 PM   #620
primelord
Pro Rookie

Bears - 21
Jets - 7

Chuck held me in check all game today. Things were looking pretty good for me ealry on as I got on the board first and was able to move the ball down the filed pretty effectively. But Chuck put the clamps on after that and I really wasn't able to do much again for the rest of the game. I had one good scoring chance where I threw an Int in the endzone, but after that I wasn't much of a threat.

Chucks pass defense was stellar and while I was able to run the ball the Chicago D didn;t give up any of the big runs that I would have needed to succeed. Great game Chuck. I told you our next game would be more competitive than the first.
Old 03-16-2003, 04:42 PM   #621
Chuck127
n00b

Great game Primelord! Going into the game, I knew the only way I would have a chance against you was if didnt turn the ball over and hopefully get some lucky breaks! Also I thought if C. Martin became sick and couldnt play that would be helpfull also, but of course he was there...lol

I am totally drained after playing that game! I was just praying my defense could keep me in the game. If I wouldnt have gotten lucky and gotten that INT in the endzone it coulda been a whole different story!

(For people that didnt see the INT....it bounced off like 2 of his players and 2 of mine before it was intercepted..crazy stuff)

Anyway, thanx for the great game today! You truly are a GREAT SPORT and a CLASS ACT! Good luck in the rest of your games !
Old 03-16-2003, 05:41 PM   #622
BigDPW
College Prospect

Primelord - How about 7:30 or 8:00 EST??? Sorry I missed your earlier post...
Old 03-16-2003, 07:12 PM   #623
Raven
College Prospect

Saints and Pats, I still need to play both of you guys. The sooner the better. When can we hook up?

Chris, sorry about today, I forgot about our scheduled game, until it was too late.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 08:54 PM   #624
BigDPW
College Prospect

Raven I should be able to play between 5-10pm EST most nights this week... Just let me know a day in advance and we can hook up...
Old 03-17-2003, 01:11 PM   #625
Kodos
Resident Alien

Have most of the Week 9 and 10 games been played? I still have to play Vince's Colts, but he is trying to resolve connection problems (severe lag problems).
Old 03-17-2003, 03:02 PM   #626
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos,

What do we do in the playoffs if a game ends in a tie? Do we start a new game until someone scores? The site is updated if you want to check who has played their games. http://www.geocities.com/tretd7/Fmlmainpage.html

Coach TD7

Old 03-17-2003, 03:13 PM   #627
Kodos
Resident Alien

In the event of a tie, I will be awarded the championship.

Or, you could start a new game until somebody scores.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:10 PM   #628
RainRaven
High School JV

Anyone up to playing tonight after 11:30?
Old 03-18-2003, 02:11 PM   #629
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey guys. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm thinking of sitting out the next FML season. I have a bunch of games that I never play because I play too much Madden online. I was thinking of taking a break from Madden and catching up on the other games. Maybe even get in that Cornell dynasty on NCAA 2003 that I've been meaning to play...

I haven't decided on this for sure, but I'm leaning in that direction right now.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:23 PM   #630
RainRaven
High School JV

Come on Kodos, you know you want to keep playing.. I mean I relize that you suck but hey, at least I know I can at least beat you around here
Old 03-18-2003, 03:30 PM   #631
primelord
Pro Rookie

Wow no respect for the commish.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:37 PM   #632
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by RainRaven
Come on Kodos, you know you want to keep playing.. I mean I relize that you suck but hey, at least I know I can at least beat you around here

This doesn't mean that I can't crush you by appointment.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-18-2003 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:54 PM   #633
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey Raven. It looks like we have a Week 11 game coming up. When is a good time for you to play?
Old 03-18-2003, 03:57 PM   #634
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by RainRaven
Anyone up to playing tonight after 11:30?

Perhaps you would be up for an exhibition FML match tonight, Mr. Tough Guy?
Old 03-18-2003, 03:59 PM   #635
primelord
Pro Rookie

BigDPW,

I should be available for most of the evening to play our game.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:37 PM   #636
Chuck127
n00b

I also regret to say that I will not be participating in the Next FML!

I really enjoyed playing in this league. I will be starting back to work pretty soon and will no longer have the free time I have now!

I also agree with trying to play some different games beside Madden. I have tons of other games I purchased, but since I bought the Adapter.. Madden Is the only game I play....and hell I even have Socom Navy Seals!

So anyway just thought Id let you guys know!
Old 03-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #637
Raven
College Prospect

I won't be in the next FML either. We all have different schedules and different time zones, and it's beginning to be a hassle to set games up.

Otherwise, it's been a blast, and anytime you guys want to play a game, i'm all for it.

Kodos, or BigDPW. I am available today/tonight. Post here and as soon as I see it we can set something up
Old 03-18-2003, 05:10 PM   #638
Kodos
Resident Alien

Maybe 10 or 11ish CST tonight?
Old 03-18-2003, 07:57 PM   #639
CoachTD7
n00b

Contrary to Kodos, Chuck, and RainRaven. I will be in the next FML season. However, before we talk about the next season why don't we finish this one. As far as other games you guys never play you guys need to find moderation. It is hard for me to believe that 2 hours a week prevents you guys from playing other games or that getting hold of your opponent is that big of a deal. Do you guys email or private message your opponent? So I guess we have 5 openings for next season that is if we ever finish this one.

Coach TD7

Old 03-18-2003, 08:10 PM   #640
RainRaven
High School JV

Coach, I would be in for the next season if there is enough interest, it's Raven that isn't.. confusing I know
Old 03-18-2003, 10:12 PM   #641
CoachTD7
n00b

Sorry RainRaven. What I said above in the Threads goes to Raven. Do you guys Private Message or Email your opponents to set a time and day or just post on the threads?

Coach TD7

Last edited by CoachTD7 : 03-19-2003 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:21 AM   #642
Kodos
Resident Alien

I figured Coach TD would be the most upset about me sitting a season out. I'm not saying I won't play in future incarnations - I just want some time away. If I'm in the league, I feel like I need to play Madden online to keep whatever small skills I have up. Obviously, there wouldn't be too much of a dropoff in skills if I stopped playing so often, judging by my record...
Old 03-19-2003, 12:29 PM   #643
Raven
College Prospect

Hey coach, you should put the website URL in your signature, so we can find it easily.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:40 PM   #644
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have it in mine.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:18 PM   #645
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos,

I didn't think about that. That is you need to practice in a league. I don't though and I think it helps me, because it gives me a break. That is why I questioned you guys (you and Raven). I understand Chuck's sitation totally.

Coach TD7

Old 03-19-2003, 09:57 PM   #646
Chris01
n00b

Sorry Raven I haven't posted for a little bit. Anyhow when would you like to play our game bro? Also RainRaven I believe we have a game to play as well, whens good for you also?
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:09 PM   #647
CoachTD7
n00b

Is everyone done with games through week 10 yet?

Coach TD7

Old 03-20-2003, 11:16 AM   #648
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Chuck and I played our week 11 game last night. After starting the season winning 8 straight (9 counting the forfiet), I have now lost 2 in a row. I believe they call this backing into the playoffs. Anyway, Chuck kicked my ass pretty good last night. The score really doesn't reflect the way Chuck man handled my boys. Great Game Chuck !!!!!!!

Bears- 27
Skins - 20
joegibbsjr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 11:37 AM   #649
Chuck127
n00b

Great Game Last night Joe Gibbs! The madden gods must be looking over me cause I have been getting some lucky breaks the past couple games!

Emotions are running high withinin the team. They know were still barely hangin on to our playoff chances.

Anyway, great game last night...I hope we can run into each other again in the playoffs!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:52 PM   #650
CoachTD7
n00b

Kodos,

How do I set the website in my signature like yours? Let me know.

Coach TD7