Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #601
dervack
College Prospect

Sony has cut back the launch quantities in japan from 100,000 to 80,000.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:44 PM   #602
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, what the fuck was that sony commercial with the plastic baby and the PS3 about?
Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #603
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Ok, what the fuck was that sony commercial with the plastic baby and the PS3 about?

Yeah... it was quite disturbing.

That would make me run from the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #604
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't "get" that commercial.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #605
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
This thread is hilarious.

Here you go!

http://angrysonyfanboy.ytmnd.com/
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:10 AM   #606
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm glad I'm not in charge of either of these gaming divisions (MS or Sony). While Sony is taking a big loss up front, Microsoft's Xbox gaming division is still not a profitable division after what, 4-5 years or so? I saw the CEO of the MS gaming division say that they hoped to be profitable in 3-4 years. I need to find a job where I can be an executive and take a huge loss early on or not make a profit for 7-10 years!

In the end, it doesn't matter a whole lot. It's mostly fanboy talk and both systems will be around for several years to come.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #607
SackAttack
Head Coach

I'm laughing so hard at the news out of Sony in the last couple of days.

First, the $1.7 BILLION loss for their games division this year, and now the 20% allocation cut in Japan.

I guess the upshot for them is it's in Japan, because if they had cut domestic supply by that much, the backlash would've been horrific.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:36 PM   #608
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I guess the upshot for them is it's in Japan, because if they had cut domestic supply by that much, the backlash would've been horrific.

Wouldn't the 'domestic' supply be the Japan supply? Just curious.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:49 PM   #609
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, looking at it this way. A 20% cut really doesn't mean too too much in japan on launch day, they were only getting 100K anyway, now they're only getting 80K. it's already cut to the bone, it's just a little deeper now.

a 20% cut in the US would have been the worst thing that could happen, Sony's releasing 400K on launch day, 20%? that's EIGHTY THOUSAND PS3's that would not ship.

So they're robbing Peter to pay Paul, but they have to do it this way. They know they have the Japanese Market against XBox (with Nintendo an unknown this generation), but they MUST hold the US line against both XBox and Wii.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:08 PM   #610
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

I think Nintendo gets the Japan market, atleast initially not just because the release #'s but I think the PS3 will be a little harder sale due to the price point and it looks like they are anticipating this due to the price drop. In the US, they will fly off the shelves for the first six months just because it's the hot new toy alone.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #611
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Not sure about the US, the buzz seems to be pointing at the Wii as the Cool Toy of the Christmas season as set by some of the toy stores.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #612
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Not sure about the US, the buzz seems to be pointing at the Wii as the Cool Toy of the Christmas season as set by some of the toy stores.

Go try to get a PS3 preorder, or better yet try to buy one on launch day

The Wii has potential to go either way, it could be a novelty, or it could revolutionary. If the first stream of 'Wii mote' games do great, it'll push them for the long run... If all those games bomb, then the system will seriously take a hit since it's their selling point, without it they can't compete in Sony/MS's department.

Either way, both will initially sell, every new system does (MS,PS and Nintendo that is) no matter price or quality in this generation.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:23 PM   #613
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Wouldn't the 'domestic' supply be the Japan supply? Just curious.

If I lived in Japan, absolutely.

I do not, so Japan != "domestic" to me.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #614
TroyF
Coordinator

Keep in mind, the statement that they are cutting the Japan launch stuff means nothing for the USA either way. I believe there will be massive shortages in the US and I don't think they get within 250k of hitting their 1 million unit goal by the end of the year.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:42 AM   #615
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not in charge of either of these gaming divisions (MS or Sony). While Sony is taking a big loss up front, Microsoft's Xbox gaming division is still not a profitable division after what, 4-5 years or so? I saw the CEO of the MS gaming division say that they hoped to be profitable in 3-4 years. I need to find a job where I can be an executive and take a huge loss early on or not make a profit for 7-10 years!

In the end, it doesn't matter a whole lot. It's mostly fanboy talk and both systems will be around for several years to come.

Nintendo had their first unprofitable quarter (ever) last year. Tho they've been back in the black since.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #616
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
If I lived in Japan, absolutely.

I do not, so Japan != "domestic" to me.

I guess my point was that Sony is a Japanese company. I should refrain from being a smart ass.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #617
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess my point was that Sony is a Japanese company.

Stop the presses!

Quote:
I should refrain from being a smart ass.

Unless you can do it successfully.

They're a Japanese company, but that doesn't make American product supply any less domestic.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:15 PM   #618
spleen1015
Coordinator

Uh-oh...

hxxp://www.gamespot.com/news/6161580.html?tag=latestnews;title;1
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:19 PM   #619
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Uh-oh...

hxxp://www.gamespot.com/news/6161580.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

How many gamestop/EB stores are there in the US? I wonder how short they will fall of their launch projections.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:36 PM   #620
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Gamestop/EB pretty much IS the Console store in a lot of places.

25% cut would only be 2.. could they be getting half or less (4 per store?)

There will be a LOT of unhappy people if it's 6 or less per store.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-13-2006 at 03:38 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #621
Kodos
Resident Alien

I can't wait to get this puppy and pick up Maximum Football 2007, PS3 style!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #622
SackAttack
Head Coach

But on the bright side, Toys 'R Us will be able to fill all their preorders!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #623
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8LCP7GO0.html

PlayStation 3 Not Playing Some Older Games
Nov 14, 5:00 AM (ET)
By YURI KAGEYAMA

TOKYO (AP) - Sony's PlayStation 3 game console, which went on sale in Japan over the weekend leading off a global launch, can't play some of the older games for the original PlayStation and the upgrade PlayStation 2, a company official said Tuesday.

Sony Corp. (SNE) had billed PlayStation 3 as compatible with the previous PlayStation machines.

But Sony Computer Entertainment spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka said some of the 8,000 older games weren't working properly on PS3, making the wrong sounds or images, and some couldn't be played at all.

He declined to give a number for the games that weren't functioning, but he said the same problem is expected when the game console goes on sale in the U.S. Nov. 17. About 16,000 different games have been sold for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 in North America.

Fukuoka said the problems in playing the older games were not a glitch and had been expected. Sony announced the problem on its Japanese Web page Nov. 11, the day when the PS3 went on sale to lines of eager fans at Japanese retailers.

Users can punch in the name of the PS or PS2 game on the Web page, and a list will pop up, telling you if the game can be played without problems or not.

For example, all the "Biohazard" series games can be played without problem, except for one in which a virtual gun won't fire properly, according to Sony's Web page.

"We are sorry for the game fans that they cannot play all the games," Fukuoka said. "But unfortunately some of these problems could not be avoided."
Old 11-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #624
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8LCP7GO0.html

PlayStation 3 Not Playing Some Older Games
Nov 14, 5:00 AM (ET)
By YURI KAGEYAMA

TOKYO (AP) - Sony's PlayStation 3 game console, which went on sale in Japan over the weekend leading off a global launch, can't play some of the older games for the original PlayStation and the upgrade PlayStation 2, a company official said Tuesday.

Sony Corp. (SNE) had billed PlayStation 3 as compatible with the previous PlayStation machines.

But Sony Computer Entertainment spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka said some of the 8,000 older games weren't working properly on PS3, making the wrong sounds or images, and some couldn't be played at all.

He declined to give a number for the games that weren't functioning, but he said the same problem is expected when the game console goes on sale in the U.S. Nov. 17. About 16,000 different games have been sold for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 in North America.

Fukuoka said the problems in playing the older games were not a glitch and had been expected. Sony announced the problem on its Japanese Web page Nov. 11, the day when the PS3 went on sale to lines of eager fans at Japanese retailers.

Users can punch in the name of the PS or PS2 game on the Web page, and a list will pop up, telling you if the game can be played without problems or not.

For example, all the "Biohazard" series games can be played without problem, except for one in which a virtual gun won't fire properly, according to Sony's Web page.

"We are sorry for the game fans that they cannot play all the games," Fukuoka said. "But unfortunately some of these problems could not be avoided."

The sad thing about this is that they've known about this for a while and we're just now hearing about it.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #625
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
The sad thing about this is that they've known about this for a while and we're just now hearing about it.

Sony is trying its hardest to piss people off.

It's nice for them to announce this the day the damn thing goes on sale - well after all the pre-orders are in and deposits paid.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #626
spleen1015
Coordinator

If anyone finds this website with the listed of games that are compatible, please share the link. I'm not having any luck at the moment.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:24 PM   #627
spleen1015
Coordinator

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745439p1.html

Some more info...

November 12, 2006 - Sony may have included the PS2's CPU and GPU with every PlayStation 3 system, but the system still appears to be having some problems with backwards compatibility. Just in time for the PS3's second anniversary (the second day it's been on the market in Japan), Sony passed on the specifics.

Now accessible at the Japanese PlayStation.com site is a page for seeking out the backwards compatibility status of PS2 and PS1 titles. The Japanese page can be accessed here. By inputting the title, publisher name, release date or product number (an eight digit code containing four letters followed by a hyphen then four numbers), you can seek out the status of the 7,841 titles in Sony's database.

A warning about this search engine. It's a bit tough to read, as it lists all versions of individual games separately. A game might have its main version listed separate from its limited edition, its budget version, its second budget version, and so forth. This is one of the reason you'll find over 350 games listed under Konami, although Konami hasn't actually released that many games.

Most of the titles have the following message next to them "Currently, there have been no reports of major problems during play." Whether or not the games actually don't have a problem, or there is a problem but Sony hasn't found it yet, is up in the air.

We did find a few problem titles by looking through the list. Here's a quick run down.

# Tekken 5: A number of modes don't play background music properly.

# Xenosaga Episode II: The opening movie sometimes stops and sometimes doesn't properly play background music.

# Code Age Commanders: Problems (including data loss) with save game data.

# Radiata Stories: Background music during movie scenes may not play back properly.

# Star Ocean Till the End of Time (includes Directors Cut): Movie scenes may not have proper sound playback.

# Driving Emotion Type-S: BGM may not properly play back during races

# Gran Turismo 4: The screen may freeze following the title demo.

# Hot Shots Golf 3/4: Some sort of problem with the controls becoming unresponsive

# Operator's Side: The game freezes at the logo screen when started up with the Seamic controller

# Onimusha Dawn of Dreams: Screen will occasionally appear 2cm to the right

# Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversary Edition: The screen will not appear correctly in some instances. The S.F.II Movie cannot play properly.

# Megaman X7: There are times when the background music won't play properly

# Devil May Cry: The screen will sometimes freeze during the title demo

# Onimusha: During movie playback, the sound will occasionally stop

# Suikoden III: Cannot read PS1 data during the game.

# Silent Hill 2: When going from the title screen to the demo screen, the screen may freeze

These are the major problems we found looking through the numerous pages for Sega, Namco, Capcom, Square Enix, Sony and Konami.

Some problems, including those for Ace Combat 5, Oz, SOCOM and so forth, were fixed with the System 1.10 update. Sony still lists those problems in the database.

We also noticed a few recurring problems, sometimes based off a common feature, sometimes carried across an entire series of titles. The PS3 Virtual Memory Card specifications do not allow for PS2 games to read PS1 data, which is something that's apparently used in Suikoden III and a few other titles. Most of the microphone-compatible games seem to have problems. Konami's dance/music games seem to have a number of problems.

In addition to the software compatibility issues, Sony has made public the issues that arise due to hardware differences between the platforms, specifically the PS3 not using physical memory cards, not using a multitap, not having rumble built into its controller and other issues related to different hard disk and USB specifications.

As previously announced, you can keep using your PS2 game saves by purchasing a Memory Card Adapter (which is currently harder to find in Japan than actual PS3 units, it seems). Once you have the adapter, you'll be able to transfer your save files to the PS3 hard disk. The only catch is that games whose save icon displays a "No Copy" icon in the PS2 browser cannot have their data copied over.

The PS3 can't use a multitap. However, Sony states that this shouldn't be a problem with the system's ability to recognize seven Sixaxis controllers simultaneously.

Regarding USB peripherals, Sony states that some software that use such peripherals may not run properly on the PS3. It asks that users conduct the manufacturer of such products. As noted above, games using a microphone peripheral seem to have problems.

HDMI also gives problems to PS2 games. Sony states that as of 11/11, when the PS3 is connected to your entertainment center using HDMI, PS2 and PS1 games will output only in 2ch digital. When switching to Dolby/DTS modes for PS1 and PS2 games that are compatible with these sound systems, you'll get no sound output. For now, Sony recommends using an optical cable for such titles. This, of course, will require that you go into the settings menu and change the audio output cable.

The PS3 has no i-Link port, so you can't replicate the i-Link link-up feature from PS2 titles. The i-Link port was used as a bonus in only a few titles and was removed from future PlayStation 2 revisions.

Games that use the hard disk will currently not run. The problem is that the built-in PS3 hard disk cannot currently be used as a PS2 hard disk. We haven't tried it out ourselves, but this means games like Final Fantasy XI and Nobunaga's Ambition Online won't work.

For now at least. The good news is that Sony plans on making hard disk based PS2 games compatible in a future system software update. The list of titles that will work once this magic system update is carried is basically just Nobunaga's Ambition Online, Final Fantasy XI and the Play Online viewer, and Front Mission Online in all their variations, including expansions.

Other backwards compatibility problems will also, hopefully, be fixed in future updates. It's doubtful that the PS3 will every be fully backwards compatible, though, as even the slim model PS2 doesn't play back some PS2 titles properly.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #628
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Fukuoka said the problems in playing the older games were not a glitch and had been expected.

And yet still advertised backwards compatibility all the way up until the release date.

Classy.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #629
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'd like a link too... this is kind of late for something like this to be announced, no?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #630
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
backwards compatibility

Obviously these words did not mean what we thought they meant.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #631
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Did David Winter design the PS3?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #632
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Since the chances of me paying big bucks for any of the new systems right away was virtually nil, I'll ask this question to those who've been following this a lot closer than me: Are the problems with backwards compatability really that surprising?

I sort of expected there would at least be some sort of "catch" to the whole thing from the get-go, as I simply didn't see Sony making it too easy for people to keep playing old titles.

Am I just that cynical, or is this really just disappointing but not totally shocking?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #633
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Since the chances of me paying big bucks for any of the new systems right away was virtually nil, I'll ask this question to those who've been following this a lot closer than me: Are the problems with backwards compatability really that surprising?

I sort of expected there would at least be some sort of "catch" to the whole thing from the get-go, as I simply didn't see Sony making it too easy for people to keep playing old titles.

Am I just that cynical, or is this really just disappointing but not totally shocking?

To my knowledge there were virtually no (or maybe none at all) issues with PS2 playing PS1 games, so yeah, I'd say this is pretty shocking.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #634
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

They've included the PS2 hardware in the PS3, so I don't think anyone really expected it. Maybe we're just naive.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #635
MikeVic
Head Coach

The PS2 was fine regarding PS1 titles, from what I saw. Didn't the 360 mention right from the start that compatability was on a per-game basis? Nintendo also hasn't said anything about not being able to play any Gamecube games (to my knowledge), so it's not much to ask for the truth more than one week before launch...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #636
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm not sure why this is such a huge deal. Most of the sites that have the PS3's already have comment that the vast majority of the games work just fine. In addition, Sony has commented that they are working on updates so the other games will work as well. Unless you're one of the people that managed to get a launch reservation (as I did), you probably won't have a PS3 until after the software update is complete to fix most of the problems.

Also, Microsoft said they would provide backward compatibility, but then didn't do the work to make some of the most popular games compatible so you'd have to buy the new versions. Personally, I prefer that all games are playable, even if it takes a couple of months to update the software for the PS3.

Most people still have their PS2 anyway. I'm thinking that opportunity to play backwards-compatible games is not the driving force behind people plopping down $500+ of their hard-earned money. They've got some time to work out the kinks in that issue.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #637
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The latest is the analysts (who have been mainly right so far), say that Sony will only be shipping 150-200,000 PS3's on launch day, which is half of what Sony said previously

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=4205&Itemid=2
Old 11-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #638
Anthony
Banned

who pays $600 on a console to play their old, outdated games? how much sense does it make to buy a next gen system to play your last gen games?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #639
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Jon, the same was true of the PS2 and backwards compatibility with PS1.

It's great to say "Yeah, we can play our entire back library," but when you try to do it at a hardware level, you run into issues.

I'll say this for Xbox 360 BC, it may be running slow as molasses getting the list updated, but generally speaking by the time a game is certified for BC it actually works.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:14 PM   #640
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
who pays $600 on a console to play their old, outdated games? how much sense does it make to buy a next gen system to play your last gen games?

It's nice little nugget but I won't be miffed if I can't play something circa 1996.

From the way the article reads, even with eliminating the games with issues you're still talking about a catalog atleast 2-3 times as large as the 360's BC.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #641
Daimyo
College Starter

I passed on the PS2 this past generation and I have no idea if I'll ever get a PS3 or not. The ability to play PS1 wouldn't affect that decision, but not being able to play all the PS2 games I'm interested in catching up on would knock about $100 off the perceived value of the PS3 to me.

Last edited by Daimyo : 11-14-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:50 PM   #642
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I still don't know if I'll get a ps3 or a 360 but being backward compatible means absolutely nothing to me. In six years I have never played a ps1 game on our ps2. When I buy a next gen console, be it ps2 six years ago or ps3-360 now, I do it to play the next gen games.

Of course that is only my opinion. You are all entitled to yours

Last edited by Sweed : 11-14-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:07 AM   #643
sabotai
General Manager

I still play PS1 games on my PS2... (Bushido Blade 2 and the Final Fantasy games)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:06 AM   #644
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

As suspected, the early reports on backwards compatibility were blown way out of proportion. Out of over 8,000 PS2 titles, roughly 200 of them have some gameplay issues that cause problems if you try to play them. So just over 2% of the PS2 titles won't play on the PS3, which still is a much smaller percentage than the XBox 360 one year after launch.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #645
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
As suspected, the early reports on backwards compatibility were blown way out of proportion. Out of over 8,000 PS2 titles, roughly 200 of them have some gameplay issues that cause problems if you try to play them. So just over 2% of the PS2 titles won't play on the PS3, which still is a much smaller percentage than the XBox 360 one year after launch.

Well, Sony kicked my puppy... sooooo....

Quote:
Old 11-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #646
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Well, Sony kicked my puppy... sooooo....
Old 11-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #647
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

Glad you took that as it was intended...

Quote:
Old 11-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #648
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jon, the same was true of the PS2 and backwards compatibility with PS1.

It's great to say "Yeah, we can play our entire back library," but when you try to do it at a hardware level, you run into issues.

I'll say this for Xbox 360 BC, it may be running slow as molasses getting the list updated, but generally speaking by the time a game is certified for BC it actually works.

To be fair, remember the XBox 360 said they would be completely BC and then backed off. And then they settled on a duct tape-y "per game basis" solution they have now which will never be 100% BC. So, let's not pretend things were all smiles and (und) sunshine for Microsoft.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #649
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
To be fair, remember the XBox 360 said they would be completely BC and then backed off. And then they settled on a duct tape-y "per game basis" solution they have now which will never be 100% BC. So, let's not pretend things were all smiles and (und) sunshine for Microsoft.

To be fair, Microsoft said "No backwards compatibility, who wants to play old games on cool nextgen hardware instead of the nextgen games?" (like many here are saying), then said "yes, we'll have backwards compatibility" when everyone complained, then said "we'll have to do it on a per-game basis so it's done right" when they figured out how they'd do it.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #650
jbmagic
Pro Starter

AT my local Target people are already line up tonight in front of the store for the ps3.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote