Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2005, 07:21 PM   #601
sooner333
College Starter

How do you move them in the box on the XBOX?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #602
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
How do you move them in the box on the XBOX?

Hold down the black button and then move the left stick left or right, depending on which way you want to move.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #603
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Yeah, I saw that stuff in the manual and configured my controller but for some reason I can't move the batter around at all.

to check if its working, have the strike zone, hot/cold on and try to move.

be sure you hold the button 7 down when moving left or right on left analog stick.

you should see the strike zone move.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #604
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Me either. I don't want to meet EF online.

Todd

I want to play you online

You'll probably kick my butt.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #605
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i agree.

do you play with strike zone off and hot/cold off?

do you have cursor on fade or on?

I currently play with everything on. I've only had the game for 3 weeks.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:16 PM   #606
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've been using the 6/3 view due to the slight angle in batting. Had 7 hits against Pedro.

It's tough to tell an inside strike though.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #607
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

so, the game arrived today.

first thing I found out was that my trusty old Gravis Gamepad Pro doesn't seem to be supported...so I guess I'll need to pick up a new gamepad.
second thing I noticed was that I have no clue how to get rid of the obnoxious music. can it be turned off (or, at least, down???).
third thing: interface is kind of a mess...which is a criticism I've had for just about ever EA game I've played. I assume I'll get used to it, but why do their games have to be such a clusterfuck? (yeah, I do know the answer to that)

anyway, can't really comment more until I get a gamepad - tried to play a game on the keyboard, and it just wasn't happening...
Old 03-25-2005, 06:11 PM   #608
FBPro
College Starter

You can turn the music down all the way, first thing I did.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:34 PM   #609
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I love the music.

Tessie....

Todd
Old 03-25-2005, 10:25 PM   #610
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm buying The Bravery's new cd when it comes out next week. I guess the music took its toll on me, but I still skip most of the songs.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:59 PM   #611
Galaril
Pro Starter

Anyone recommend rosters for the pc version?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:07 AM   #612
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm using llcmac & hypnoxxx's 3.4 roster set and it seems fine. Then again I havn't done comparing and contrasting with any others. It's available on MVPmods.com
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:32 AM   #613
jbmagic
Pro Starter

the most popular and best one is llcmac & hypnoxxx's roster( named change to HLS now)

and just was reading there bringing GForce22 to the team. from what i hear he iis great with making roster and doing the ratings. he came up with formulas to get the correct rating by stats

there next release will be around opening day.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=5874

Last edited by jbmagic : 03-26-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #614
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This might be the biggest console game thread ever? ..at least EA related.

Todd
Old 03-26-2005, 11:32 AM   #615
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
the most popular and best one is llcmac & hypnoxxx's roster( named change to HLS now)

and just was reading there bringing GForce22 to the team. from what i hear he iis great with making roster and doing the ratings. he came up with formulas to get the correct rating by stats

there next release will be around opening day.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=5874

I could not get that roster set to work.I am pretty sure the problem is i didn't have the Korea terminator guy's Bonds and millar cyber faces added to the game so it kept crashing. I couldn't get the RAR Files for those two into the game/ Th ereadme for these aren't written very well. Anyways I gave up but was able to load the
Real Baseball System 2005 Rosters which are going to be compatible with Bill Harris' MVP progression mod like the one he did last year so I am using it and it is pretty good. Anyways my first full game the yankees got 24 runs on 30 hits while my red osx got 6 runs on 8 hits on Pro level. I need to improve my pitching the minigame didn't really help.Suggestions?

Last edited by Galaril : 03-26-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:46 AM   #616
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

and, any PC Game Controller recommendations? I just want to pick up something cheap...but don't want to miss out on a button or something I need...
Old 03-26-2005, 04:25 PM   #617
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
and, any PC Game Controller recommendations? I just want to pick up something cheap...but don't want to miss out on a button or something I need...

i recommend the Logitech Dual Action gamepad. it has a left and right analog stick, d-pad, buttons.

its very similar to the one they show in the mvp manual.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:26 PM   #618
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I could not get that roster set to work.I am pretty sure the problem is i didn't have the Korea terminator guy's Bonds and millar cyber faces added to the game so it kept crashing. I couldn't get the RAR Files for those two into the game/ Th ereadme for these aren't written very well. Anyways I gave up but was able to load the
Real Baseball System 2005 Rosters which are going to be compatible with Bill Harris' MVP progression mod like the one he did last year so I am using it and it is pretty good. Anyways my first full game the yankees got 24 runs on 30 hits while my red osx got 6 runs on 8 hits on Pro level. I need to improve my pitching the minigame didn't really help.Suggestions?

what is Bill Harris' MVP progression mod?
what does it do?
i am not familar with that mod.

also get spitoon walk datafile mod.
and if playing pro. here some good sliders to try with it.

User Pitch Meter Difficulty -50
CPU Balls +20
User & CPU Control -50
User Steal Delay -5
Everything else is at 0

thanks

Last edited by jbmagic : 03-26-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #619
Galaril
Pro Starter

Thanks JB,
I will check out the walk mod and sliders. Here is the link to last years progression mod for last year game. It should be out in the next week Bill told me. The mod fixes all the ratings progression for the players in a dynasty. It also fixes rookies generated in the future as well. Bill has a great blog that is a fun read about many things including gaming. He is the guy who wrote the Night Call section on the old Gone Gold Site. I am surprised you never heard about the mod last year it still is one of the most popular downloads on MVP.mods.I found a url to the mod discussion for this years mod.

link:Feb 28 2005:http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2...n-project.html

March 3 2005: http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2...od-update.html

Last edited by Galaril : 03-26-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:17 PM   #620
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks JB,
I will check out the walk mod and sliders. Here is the link to last years progression mod for last year game. It should be out in the next week Bill told me. The mod fixes all the ratings progression for the players in a dynasty. It also fixes rookies generated in the future as well. Bill has a great blog that is a fun read about many things including gaming. He is the guy who wrote the Night Call section on the old Gone Gold Site. I am surprised you never heard about the mod last year it still is one of the most popular downloads on MVP.mods.I found a url to the mod discussion for this years mod.

link:Feb 28 2005:http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2...n-project.html

March 3 2005: http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2...od-update.html

thanks

First year with MVP. This game is great. There so much things you can do with the pc version.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:38 PM   #621
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Josh Beckett has nasty stuff.

I hate the Florida Marlins.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:43 PM   #622
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Josh Beckett has nasty stuff.

I hate the Florida Marlins.

don't you have an FM dynasty to update!!?
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:43 PM   #623
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
don't you have an FM dynasty to update!!?
I just did

I'm debating whether to keep Howard or not (the debate is very active in my mind between games of MVP )

Meanwhile, Beckett and the Marlins just took a 7 game lead on me in late July because I couldn't score against him. I did toast their number 5 starter for 8 runs in the preceding game, but I really needed to sweep this series to have a good chance of catching the Marlins.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-26-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:46 PM   #624
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just did

I'm debating whether to keep Howard or not (the debate is very active in my mind between games of MVP )

Meanwhile, Beckett and the Marlins just took a 7 game lead on me in late July because I couldn't score against him. I did toast their number 5 starter for 8 runs in the preceding game, but I really needed to sweep this series to have a good chance of catching the Marlins.

I remember years ago playing baseball games and having like a 150-12 record because the AI just wasn't there yet. I'm 4.5 games out with the Cardinals and every win seems like an accomplishment.

Todd
Old 03-26-2005, 10:48 PM   #625
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I remember years ago playing baseball games and having like a 150-12 record because the AI just wasn't there yet. I'm 4.5 games out with the Cardinals and every win seems like an accomplishment.

Todd

Agreed. Also, even if we can't edit manager's profiles on the X-Box, it is quite clear they are present. Playing power teams with average runners, and they don't run. Meanwhile, the Marlins are running me to death. This really is my favorite console sports game.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:49 PM   #626
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Todd

likewise.

i also remember trying to get as many power pitchers as possible because those 102mph fastballs were hard to hit...

is mvp2k5 worth it?
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:52 PM   #627
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
is mvp2k5 worth it?

There are 13 pages of MVP talk, what else do you need?

Todd
Old 03-27-2005, 12:40 AM   #628
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

dola,

I opened up a series vs the Phillies tonight and decided to try the "hitter's eye" view again. (the combo is 6/1 for viewing)

I had 12 hits and hit Billy Wagner pretty good as well. If CF wasn't so deep, I might have jacked 2-3 out of the park.. gotta love that park. I lost 4-3 in a great game.

I can't wait until next series vs Kansas City in KC, should be a fun series. I've always loved that ballpark.

Todd
Old 03-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #629
SackAttack
Head Coach

My first no-hitter! Edwin Jackson shut down the Mets in the 7th game of the season. Didn't walk a batter, although one reached base on a Cesar Izturis throwing error.

Finished it off in style, too, striking out the first two hitters in the 9th before inducing a weak grounder to the 1st baseman to seal the deal. It was pretty cool to watch Jackson celebrate on the mound. He was more animated than he usually is after a game.

Just too bad I couldn't do it at Dodger Stadium. That would've ruled. Getting it against the Mets was awesome, as stacked as that lineup is.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #630
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola,

I opened up a series vs the Phillies tonight and decided to try the "hitter's eye" view again. (the combo is 6/1 for viewing)

I had 12 hits and hit Billy Wagner pretty good as well. If CF wasn't so deep, I might have jacked 2-3 out of the park.. gotta love that park. I lost 4-3 in a great game.

I can't wait until next series vs Kansas City in KC, should be a fun series. I've always loved that ballpark.

Todd

Wagner has been very inconsistent for me. Some games, he is lights out, and other games his fastball doesn't have much movement and the CPU kills it. Earlier today, he had his 5 blown save of the year for me

We are now 9 games out of first with a record of 52-48.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:07 PM   #631
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
My first no-hitter! Edwin Jackson shut down the Mets in the 7th game of the season. Didn't walk a batter, although one reached base on a Cesar Izturis throwing error.

Finished it off in style, too, striking out the first two hitters in the 9th before inducing a weak grounder to the 1st baseman to seal the deal. It was pretty cool to watch Jackson celebrate on the mound. He was more animated than he usually is after a game.

Just too bad I couldn't do it at Dodger Stadium. That would've ruled. Getting it against the Mets was awesome, as stacked as that lineup is.

Congrats. That is a huge achievement.

The best I've done is a 2 hitter by Randy Wolf against the Pirates. I've also had a 3 hitter with Padilla.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:11 AM   #632
FBPro
College Starter

New patch posted 3/28/05

ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/patches/mvp2005/
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:41 AM   #633
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Congrats. That is a huge achievement.

The best I've done is a 2 hitter by Randy Wolf against the Pirates. I've also had a 3 hitter with Padilla.

Thanks. I would've expected Perez to be the guy to do it for me, but when I had to call Jackson up after Perez broke his leg on Opening Day...I guess there was a reason for that after all, huh?
Old 03-29-2005, 02:26 AM   #634
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro

awesome patch #2

just a note its for the pc version.

it fix the stuttering on the pc version according to mvpmods.com forum
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #635
Galaril
Pro Starter

I am having a bitch of a time pitching.Anyone got suggestions to improve my pitching?I am on pro difficulty and am thinking of going down until I get the pitching down. The other thing am wondering if you got assisted fieldin gon what does that do. I don't seem to be able to take control of the nearest player to the ball. SO, if a ball is hit to deep centerfield i shoul dbe able to hit 7 button and take control of the CenterFielder and jump up to catch the ball at the wall, right?
Old 04-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #636
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am having a bitch of a time pitching.Anyone got suggestions to improve my pitching?I am on pro difficulty and am thinking of going down until I get the pitching down. The other thing am wondering if you got assisted fieldin gon what does that do. I don't seem to be able to take control of the nearest player to the ball. SO, if a ball is hit to deep centerfield i shoul dbe able to hit 7 button and take control of the CenterFielder and jump up to catch the ball at the wall, right?

Assisted fielding means that the CPU gets your player to the ball, and all you do is throw it. I like it as I'm not a very good fielder in console baseball games. Also, I like assisted fielding because it really approximates the player's real life abilities. Guys with great range will get good jumps on the ball.

As far as pitching, I think the key is that you need to mix up your pitches while still using plenty of your pitcher's best pitches. You also need to make sure you mix up the location. I mostly work down in the zone, but sometimes I work up. I work in and out quite a bit. If I do go up in the zone, I usually make sure that I'm high enough that it will be hard for the hitter to hit (i.e. out of the strike zone.)
Old 04-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #637
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I wish days were 36 hours long so I would actually have time to buy this, then actually play it! I'm a good month and a half away from having the time.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #638
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

when you pitch i hope you hold the button when it get to the red part. Make sure the red bar on the pitching meter lights up (darker red) before you release button

if you dont your not throwing it with any velocity
Old 04-01-2005, 11:52 AM   #639
Galaril
Pro Starter

Good advice I see what you mean about the players playing to fileding ratings better I will continue to use assisted fielding also.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:57 PM   #640
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

From what I've read on another forum, the tweaks I posted work just as well on Pro level. Try that.

My hitting has been stagnant once again. I might try a game or two on Pro tonight.

Todd
Old 04-01-2005, 02:18 PM   #641
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From what I've read on another forum, the tweaks I posted work just as well on Pro level. Try that.

My hitting has been stagnant once again. I might try a game or two on Pro tonight.

Todd

My hitting was getting stagnant too. I went back to -5 speed for infielders again, and I've played 20 games on All-Pro with -5 for all fielders. I've decided I really like that setting better. Infielders with good to excellent range still don't let too many balls through, but I get more bloop hits and more hits down the lines. Rollins and my speed guys are doing better at getting infield hits too. I find that my good fielders still get to balls plenty. However, I just lost Utley for the season to an MCL tear Now, I need to rely on Offerman at second *gulp*
Old 04-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #642
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My hitting was getting stagnant too. I went back to -5 speed for infielders again, and I've played 20 games on All-Pro with -5 for all fielders. I've decided I really like that setting better. Infielders with good to excellent range still don't let too many balls through, but I get more bloop hits and more hits down the lines. Rollins and my speed guys are doing better at getting infield hits too. I find that my good fielders still get to balls plenty. However, I just lost Utley for the season to an MCL tear Now, I need to rely on Offerman at second *gulp*

My hitting was getting so bad I would get like 1 hit a few games. Yikes!

I'm going to try Pro tonight, if not just to see what it's about.

I might go back to the (-5) for the infielders like you have, but aren't you seeing some goofy hits that should have been outs.. I saw some plays on (-5) like ground balls going right past the SS and I mean right by him almost hitting his shoe.

Todd
Old 04-01-2005, 02:30 PM   #643
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My hitting was getting so bad I would get like 1 hit a few games. Yikes!

I'm going to try Pro tonight, if not just to see what it's about.

I might go back to the (-5) for the infielders like you have, but aren't you seeing some goofy hits that should have been outs.. I saw some plays on (-5) like ground balls going right past the SS and I mean right by him almost hitting his shoe.

Todd

In 20 games, I've two or three plays like that with bad shortstops. It has never happened to Rollins. However, I do also see that happen with bad second basemen on a few plays. Most of those hits were fairly hard though and it hasn't been happening on slower hits for me.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #644
Galaril
Pro Starter

Mizz,
I saw those sliders they work great for fielding and running. You don't tweak the sliders at all for pitching. Anyone got sliders for pitching that work particularly for pro level.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #645
SackAttack
Head Coach

I haven't messed with pro level pitching sliders, but I have set the hot zones to fade, turned off the pitching cursor, and turned off the rumble. That'll generate some walks with or without the sliders.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #646
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Mizz,
I saw those sliders they work great for fielding and running. You don't tweak the sliders at all for pitching. Anyone got sliders for pitching that work particularly for pro level.

you have the PC version

get Spitoon Walk Data file

and setup the sliders for PRo as follow.

User Pitch Meter Difficulty -50
CPU Balls +20
User & CPU Control -50
User Steal Delay -5

Everything else is at 0
Old 04-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #647
Galaril
Pro Starter

Thanks. BTW I never noticed that much of a advantage for user pitcher control. I can see the CPU control being dropped -50 but the User?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #648
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks. BTW I never noticed that much of a advantage for user pitcher control. I can see the CPU control being dropped -50 but the User?

yes i tought the same..but try it with spitoon walk datafile.

you will see realistic walks by user and cpu.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #649
Galaril
Pro Starter

JB,
I couldn't find the spitoon walk mod on MVP .com. Could i trouble you to shoot me the zip for the file. PM if possible. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:41 PM   #650
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
JB,
I couldn't find the spitoon walk mod on MVP .com. Could i trouble you to shoot me the zip for the file. PM if possible. Thanks.

here a link to it.

http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?n...eD&show=10#cat