Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2004, 04:07 PM   #601
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Can I change the home v. away interfacce into the American mode?
istead of
HOME V. AWAY
I want Away v. Home.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:33 PM   #602
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

what cougarfreak said. the ball is many different graphic files representing the ball in many sizes, what I did is make a directory called "backup" within the directory where the ball are and I copied the original ball in there for retrieval later if I get tired of mine...

FM
Old 12-13-2004, 01:50 AM   #603
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Playing my first season as MAN U. (Starting up high to get the feel of futbol). Sent all my scouts around the world. scouring all playing fields. Oh and I've snagged Freddy Adu nd now hope his work permit is approved.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:04 AM   #604
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Even if you get him, I don't think he'll be able to play as he will be too young to play professional ball in England. Then again, I could be wrong about this.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:07 AM   #605
daedalus
Pro Rookie

You are correct that he won't be able to play, Eaglesfan27. My favourite is that fact that a number of people complain about him not being able to play in the MLS as being faulty but few complain about being able to sign him to a European contract. Oh, well.

You'll probably get him around the January window, CS.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:27 PM   #606
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

If my 3yr old laptop only has a 1.04GHz processor and 512MB of RAM...would I still be able to play this game? I know the SI website says in it's requirements that I would need a 1.8GHz processor and 256MB of RAM...so I'm wondering if my extra RAM would makes up for my lacking processor.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:31 PM   #607
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm fairly certain you would be able to play. However, you might find the sim times less than desirable..

Edited to add:

However, you'd probably still have fun with the game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-13-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #608
Desnudo
Coordinator

I think it's all about database size. If you selected one or two leagues and ran on the smallest db, I would guess it would run fine.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:36 PM   #609
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm fairly certain you would be able to play. However, you might find the sim times less than desirable..

Edited to add:

However, you'd probably still have fun with the game.

And is this game only available via mail order? I don't recall seeing that it was available in any US stores right?
Old 12-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #610
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It has *reportedly* been released in the US last week. Gamespot even did an article on it. It's called World Soccer Manager (I think?) for the US release. You can double check the name in this thread where it has been talked about some. The problem is that distribution appears to be rather shoddy, and very few people are actually able to find it in the US. I ordered my copy from gogamer (where it was more expensive than the US release will likely be priced.)
Old 12-13-2004, 02:00 PM   #611
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Now the question is : What is the main difference between the two. Is the american version more ''dumbed down? '' Well Im happy with my imported copy though except all the British slang and the home team being on the left side instead of right.

My understanding is that nothing is different except some icons. Also, maybe a few terms are different?
Old 12-13-2004, 02:01 PM   #612
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Now the question is : What is the main difference between the two. Is the american version more ''dumbed down? '' Well Im happy with my imported copy though except all the British slang and the home team being on the left side instead of right.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:03 PM   #613
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm figuring it will be different somehow, but I have nothing to back that up. However, I bought the import just in case.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:06 PM   #614
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm figuring it will be different somehow, but I have nothing to back that up. However, I bought the import just in case.

Todd

i remember Marc said there exact same , just title of game is different only...
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:22 PM   #615
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
If my 3yr old laptop only has a 1.04GHz processor and 512MB of RAM...would I still be able to play this game? I know the SI website says in it's requirements that I would need a 1.8GHz processor and 256MB of RAM...so I'm wondering if my extra RAM would makes up for my lacking processor.

The minimum system requirements on the box read as follows:

Windows 98 SE, 2000 or XP, 600 mhz processor, 128 mb RAM, DirectX 8.1 sound card, 4x CD ROM Drive, 1024x768 32bit display, 650mb HD space, MS compatible Keyboard & Mouse.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #616
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:

you stated the "recommended", not the minimum. My guess is you could run a smaller league just fine........by that i mean 2-3 countries w/no problems.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:10 PM   #617
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak
you stated the "recommended", not the minimum. My guess is you could run a smaller league just fine........by that i mean 2-3 countries w/no problems.

Ahh...great point. Well now I'm on the hunt for this game in the stores. I may have to resort to ordering it online however.

One thing about the game that I haven't quite grasped is the necessity of running leagues in other countries. Is this needed when playing matches in the Champions League...etc? So let's say that I was playing as Chelsea and in the Champions League...and in order to play teams from other countries that will be in "form" would I need to also run their league in the backround? Or does that not matter?

I hope I'm conveying this clearly.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #618
Desnudo
Coordinator

Players will get matches whether their league is selected or not. The main reason you'd select multiple leagues is so that you can switch jobs. And also if you're interested in seeing results. I do believe however that players in active leagues seem to develop better, but that's purely my opinion.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:57 PM   #619
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Ahh...great point. Well now I'm on the hunt for this game in the stores. I may have to resort to ordering it online however.

One thing about the game that I haven't quite grasped is the necessity of running leagues in other countries. Is this needed when playing matches in the Champions League...etc? So let's say that I was playing as Chelsea and in the Champions League...and in order to play teams from other countries that will be in "form" would I need to also run their league in the backround? Or does that not matter?

I hope I'm conveying this clearly.

I'd order it online if I were you, it seems as though Sega has dropped the ball on SI by not getting it to retailers. I got mine from gogamer.com/ in 2 days and paid around $50, but people have said that sendit.com/ is about $10 cheaper, not sure on deliver time for them.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:13 PM   #620
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak
I'd order it online if I were you, it seems as though Sega has dropped the ball on SI by not getting it to retailers. I got mine from gogamer.com/ in 2 days and paid around $50, but people have said that sendit.com/ is about $10 cheaper, not sure on deliver time for them.

I just ordered it through gogamer.com. I think that's where I order CM4 as well?? Anyway...I paid an extra $5 to get it FedEx'd overnight. What can I say? I'm impatient.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #621
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
sendit.com has it for $32.

Todd

Did you pay less than this?

Todd
Old 12-13-2004, 04:23 PM   #622
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Did you pay less than this?

Todd

Oh of course not.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:25 PM   #623
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
It has *reportedly* been released in the US last week. Gamespot even did an article on it. It's called World Soccer Manager (I think?) for the US release. You can double check the name in this thread where it has been talked about some. The problem is that distribution appears to be rather shoddy, and very few people are actually able to find it in the US. I ordered my copy from gogamer (where it was more expensive than the US release will likely be priced.)

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646041

Todd
Old 12-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #624
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846

yeah- its not happening in the US for all practical reasons.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #625
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh of course not.

Who knows when mine is getting here though.

Todd
Old 12-13-2004, 04:39 PM   #626
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Todd

Yeah my problem is that when I want something...ie new sports sim game...I get impatient and I want it now. So as far as I know...I should get it tomorrow sometime and I just ordered it within the last hour.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #627
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:

Todd

Urr...

I just got an email from sendit.com saying that my credit card could not be processed. I called my credit card bank and they said no charge had been attempted. I seem to have put my number in correctly. Much confused.

Sent an email to sendit.com and got a message back saying that my email will be answered in approximately 11 hours and 18 minutes.

Maybe "mightsendit.com" is more appropriate?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #628
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:

Todd

Prepare for sleepless nights. Going on night 3 now. Oh, I beat my archrival Arsenal 3-2 to win the Community Shield just moments ago. A great way to start the season....I have scouts scouring the world for young talent. I have my top scout scouring Asia and a scout in Africa to find any gems.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:22 PM   #629
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Damned! Im itching to buy EHM now. Someone stop me before I get it.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:19 PM   #630
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:

i pretty sure i am not going to see this game in the united states....

if there having problem with Sega sending th games out for Eastside Hockey Manager...

i have little confidence i will see WorldWide Soccer Manager(football manager 2005) in US stores also

so i might end up ordering it too after the holidays....
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:35 PM   #631
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Urr...

I just got an email from sendit.com saying that my credit card could not be processed. I called my credit card bank and they said no charge had been attempted. I seem to have put my number in correctly. Much confused.

Sent an email to sendit.com and got a message back saying that my email will be answered in approximately 11 hours and 18 minutes.

Maybe "mightsendit.com" is more appropriate?

Mine's been charged. (crosses fingers)

Todd
Old 12-13-2004, 07:36 PM   #632
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Prepare for sleepless nights. Going on night 3 now. Oh, I beat my archrival Arsenal 3-2 to win the Community Shield just moments ago. A great way to start the season....I have scouts scouring the world for young talent. I have my top scout scouring Asia and a scout in Africa to find any gems.

3?!?! What are you drinking (or snorting)

I can't wait, actually I can. After reading EF's and a few other's dynasties, I'm starting to learn a few things. I've also been catching a few games here and there on FOX.

Good luck!

Todd
Old 12-13-2004, 10:25 PM   #633
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
3?!?! What are you drinking (or snorting)

I can't wait, actually I can. After reading EF's and a few other's dynasties, I'm starting to learn a few things. I've also been catching a few games here and there on FOX.

Good luck!

Todd

I have the day off from school AND work tomorrow (though I'll probably go into work anyways at some point), but nevertheless plan on posting my dynasty. So far I'm through half of October, having started in August.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #634
Raven
College Prospect

Alright, so my game came in the mail today. Finally got to play outside the demo.

This is my first real go-around with the game, so I have some questions. First being, with the 6 months from February until August/Sept (when friendlies begin) what should I primarily be doing? Should I be spending this time mostly training players?

Also, does it hurt to have a coach running more than one training schedule?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #635
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
Alright, so my game came in the mail today. Finally got to play outside the demo.

This is my first real go-around with the game, so I have some questions. First being, with the 6 months from February until August/Sept (when friendlies begin) what should I primarily be doing? Should I be spending this time mostly training players?

I haven't played the latest version and haven't played in general for quite a while now, but there used to be an option to start the game in line with the start of your selected team's regular season. I don't think you should be six months away from the start of your season. Sounds strange to me.

For example, if you picked a team in England, there should be an option to start the game when England is only a month or so away from the beginning of their season.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:29 AM   #636
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven

You probably should have set your start date with the league you are playing in.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:40 AM   #637
Raven
College Prospect

Oh well, I didn't know about that option. I'm in july now, and just set up my preseason friendlies.

During the season, how do I get my Reserves, and U18s some match practice if I wont be starting them on my main roster?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:51 AM   #638
MrBug708
Head Coach

They play their own league...kind of a JV and Frosh league setup
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 12:54 AM   #639
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

You can set up friendlies for them as well.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:01 AM   #640
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm running the demo (England quickstart) on my piece of crap Celeron 466 with 386 megabytes of RAM. You should be okay. Just don't use too many leagues and use a smaller database.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:00 AM   #641
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

MikeVick7 - It'll run fine, but I'd suggest keeping the selections 'light' (ie' stick to a single nations leagues with non full-detail and small database set) if you're anything but a patient chap.

To double check if you'd be happy with the speed I'd recommend downloading the demo and giving that a whirl ...

Hope this helps,

Marc
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:26 AM   #642
moriarty
College Starter

Saw this posted on another board for those of you looking for MLS enhancements (my apologies if this has been already posted):

Thought I'd give you guys an insight into some of the ongoing work to the MLS for Patch2

- After MLS squads are limited to 24 players, the game now doesn't allow 2 extra players to be added later.
- Separated the MLS Conference semi finals into East and West stages. Teams in a higher league position now play the second leg at home.
- Upped the MLS maximum wage to $6000 instead of $4000.
- Major League Soccer teams always use their second kits when playing away.
- When players move between MLS teams, they now keep their old contract instead of negotiating a new one.
- Re-Tuned exchange deals specific to mls
- Value of draft picks more closely linked to standard of draft players
- Reduced the amount of draft picks offered in deals by computer managers
- Ensured regen happens before each draft (escpecially first season)
- Increased age of regens in america due to college system
- Increased starting ability of regens in america due to college system
- Re-tuned computer manager decisions when selecting draft players
- Added assistant manager star rating to draft screen
- Ensured draft allocation and exchange deals shown properly on world transfers screen
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:11 AM   #643
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
MikeVick7 - It'll run fine, but I'd suggest keeping the selections 'light' (ie' stick to a single nations leagues with non full-detail and small database set) if you're anything but a patient chap.

To double check if you'd be happy with the speed I'd recommend downloading the demo and giving that a whirl ...

Hope this helps,

Marc

Hey Marc,

I appreciate the response. Well I am one step ahead of you and I just went ahead and ordered FM2005 yesterday. So I guess you could say that I am an "impatient chap" at times.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:04 PM   #644
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
Saw this posted on another board for those of you looking for MLS enhancements (my apologies if this has been already posted):

Thought I'd give you guys an insight into some of the ongoing work to the MLS for Patch2

- After MLS squads are limited to 24 players, the game now doesn't allow 2 extra players to be added later.
- Separated the MLS Conference semi finals into East and West stages. Teams in a higher league position now play the second leg at home.
- Upped the MLS maximum wage to $6000 instead of $4000.
- Major League Soccer teams always use their second kits when playing away.
- When players move between MLS teams, they now keep their old contract instead of negotiating a new one.
- Re-Tuned exchange deals specific to mls
- Value of draft picks more closely linked to standard of draft players
- Reduced the amount of draft picks offered in deals by computer managers
- Ensured regen happens before each draft (escpecially first season)
- Increased age of regens in america due to college system
- Increased starting ability of regens in america due to college system
- Re-tuned computer manager decisions when selecting draft players
- Added assistant manager star rating to draft screen
- Ensured draft allocation and exchange deals shown properly on world transfers screen

WOOT!! I'm really hoping the MLS gets fixed up in the 2nd patch. I can't wait to have a good MLS dynasty
Old 12-14-2004, 12:11 PM   #645
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sendit.com has just informed me that my item has shipped!

Jump that pond, baby.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:25 PM   #646
Desnudo
Coordinator

I've had a couple of job offers now that I'm in my sixth season. One from LA and the other from Columbus. As an American coaching in England, it'll be interesting to see if I get offers from any Euro clubs eventually.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #647
Butter
Coordinator

Just got this about 2 days ago, and haven't had enough time to start playing it, dammit! I have started up a game as Peterborough in English League One or whatever the hell it's called now (I liked it better when it was Premiership, D1, D2, D3 and Conf.). I did a dynasty on them about 2 years ago (actually Summer of '02) on here with CM, and was able to take them all the way to finishing 3rd in the EPL. That's the best I ever did before I had another kid and kind of lost track.

But having picked it up again, I can say that it's not going to be so easy to get away from again. Starting up with them again, I could tell from my coach's suggestions and from my player's ratings that we were going to have trouble scoring. I've played just 4 pre-season friendlies, and we've scored 2 goals, both in 1 game v. a Conference side. We got trampled (rightly) by Nott'm Forest and played evenly v. a team in our own division. The 2D just adds even more excitement to the game, and it illustrates for me the shortcomings of my team (watching my backline defenders fail to mark properly and watching chance after scoring chance fly well into the stands at the hands of my hack strikers).

I did also want to fit in that I never use any of the web tactics or good young player tips from the message boards, yet somehow I managed to sign a 17 year old Jeremie Aliardiere to my Peterborough side during that 2 1/2 year old dynasty. *pats self on back* Sadly, he was crap.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #648
Shepp
High School Varsity

I noticed that the FM Sorted update has been posted over at The Dugout. Has anyone here had a chance to check it out yet?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:47 AM   #649
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp
I noticed that the FM Sorted update has been posted over at The Dugout. Has anyone here had a chance to check it out yet?

I've read from a few over at the SI forums, that it could either crasg your game when loading, or it simply wouldn't load if you didn't have enough memory, something like that...

FM
Old 12-17-2004, 01:58 PM   #650
Desnudo
Coordinator

Newport County Premier League odds - 5000 to 1.