Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2004, 03:26 PM   #601
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll bring Homer J if you guys want another blaster in the group, or else I can bring my new tanker, Jeebs. Jeebs is only level five right now, but I'm gonna work this afternoon to get him up to eight or nine by gametime..

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:04 PM   #602
Bad-example
College Starter

I should be on with Charbroiler. My healer and blaster are only level 6.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:13 PM   #603
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

I cant make it tonight.A friend is back from Sweden.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:29 PM   #604
hoopsguy
General Manager

If we have some higher level guys I would love some help with Patient Zero so I can get rid of the Vaz disease for Don (tanker).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:38 PM   #605
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'll probably be on virtue at some point
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:35 PM   #606
MrBug708
Head Coach

Going on in a few as Senor Bug
Old 06-29-2004, 11:03 PM   #607
MrBug708
Head Coach

Stupid patch...
Old 06-30-2004, 08:13 AM   #608
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

As if to be a broken record, last night was a bag full of fun. The Purple mess was fixed with the patch as my lowly 9th level controller was able to consistently hit the 14 mobs.

JeeberD and I (Silent partner) were the only ones to die with regularity last night. Blasters can die from a wet fart and Controllers don't fare much better. Controllers are only helped by the fact that they don't do much damage.

The dancing Emotes were too damn funny. Seeing HomerJ (a mix between Homer Simpson and the Hulk) do the freak was too much. I'm sure the fun in it will die off soon, but I had fun laying down the beats during the one street battle with the 5th column. A tad surreal to see a guy dancing to a boombox in the center of all that carnage.

In Attendance (Forgive me if i forget anyone):

Silent Partner
Cometflash
Don the Baptist (and then Doc Evil)
Charbroiler
Homer J
Aucoin
Battle Flag
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:16 AM   #609
gi
College Prospect

I love the new emotes. Dancing is great. Sorry I wasn't on earlier, but women come before games. I should be there on Thursday, around 8.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:17 AM   #610
gi
College Prospect

Doing the Wednesday thing on Virtue tonight. Supernaught will be there. I believe she is level 7 or 8, so anyone around that level is invited. Starting time is around 6 to 6:30pm.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:19 AM   #611
Bonegavel

We did a good job cleaning up old missions. Must have been super boring and little to no XP reward for the 13/14s among us, especially during that 7th level mission. But as somebody said last night (i think it was doc) we will all return the favor when you want to bring a low level character into the fracas.

I'm going to do my best to get my Controller and Blaster up in levels so others can bring new characters to the party.

[edit]
took out dola, as i was too slow on the draw.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 06-30-2004 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #612
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Thanks for helping my on the *boring* sewer mission last night. I died a few times before attempting it with y'all. I'll definitely return the favor to you guys. Sorry I had to bail, but it sucks being on the East Coast and having to get up at 5 a.m. to work!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #613
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Doing the Wednesday thing on Virtue tonight. Supernaught will be there. I believe she is level 7 or 8, so anyone around that level is invited. Starting time is around 6 to 6:30pm.

Is that eastern or Pacific?
Old 06-30-2004, 12:15 PM   #614
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi

I might be babysitting for my sister tonight, but if I don't then I will be there...

Old 06-30-2004, 02:45 PM   #615
gi
College Prospect

Correction 5pm EST is when I'll be online. I'll be on all night.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:48 PM   #616
MrBug708
Head Coach

GI

I'll try to make it on that time. You know who to look for.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:02 PM   #617
MrBug708
Head Coach

Going in now
Old 06-30-2004, 04:05 PM   #618
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll head in there in a bit with Fighting Miner. I need to pick up some dinner first, though...

Old 06-30-2004, 04:25 PM   #619
gi
College Prospect

Name is supernaught, send a tell if you wish to team up
Old 07-01-2004, 05:11 PM   #620
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Anyone going to be on tonight? I'll probably be there with Silver Streak, the Dancing Drag Queen.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:23 PM   #621
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sorry Gi, Shoulda stuck with the group..I only had 2 minutes left on the mission.

RA, only on virtue and thats a maybe
Old 07-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #622
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. I'll probably try to get Silver Streak up to level 13 tonight then on Victory.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:18 PM   #623
hoopsguy
General Manager

Planning to be on tonight, will likely sign on early with Don and switch to Ike or Doc as needed.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:34 PM   #624
Bonegavel

going on now
Old 07-01-2004, 09:00 PM   #625
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

trying not to spoil here...

the plot twist at the end of the Clockwork King series of missions? Way fucking cool.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:05 PM   #626
hoopsguy
General Manager

Should I post the screenshot here? Screen is cluttered with windows, but still fun to look at. By the same token, I don't want to spoil anything for people in terms of series end ...
Old 07-02-2004, 06:14 AM   #627
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sorry for bailing on you guys last night, but I thought my wife was getting grouchy. Turns out she wasn't. When I went upstairs to bed, she told me, "You had until 10:30 and then I'd start to be bitchy." I gypped myself 15 minutes! When I said that I was playing with you guys, and it was pretty much Tuesdays and Thursdays, she said she wouldn't have cared if she had known that. I said okay, and was beginning to get up and go back, but she said, "You already turned off the computer." Damn! I was trapped. Oh well, I'll see you guys on Tuesday.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:54 AM   #628
Thomkal
Head Coach

D'oh! Foiled again Raiders! We didn't last much longer after you left, it was a tough pair of missions we took on with those damned Vahz (though we sure had fun with "Variations on Dead.") But all in all it was fun.

I'd love to see the pictures from the Dr. Vahz mission myself. First time I've faced him, and I'm not sure I ever want to again! I'd prefer not to know the twist with the Clockwork King, as I hope to someday do that mission, but I won't stand in the way of the majority if they want them posted.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:27 AM   #629
gi
College Prospect

First: I think we need a new thread 2nd: You all wore me out last night. I was having a very hard time keeping up, resulting in many deaths. I think we need one of two things. Either a 2nd true healer (not the best solution in my opinon) or a controller with emp as a secondary to be my backup. I love being healer, but think that with 7 to 8 guys we need a backup. Doc Evil is great as my replacement, but it would be nice to have a backup. I'm building a controller with earth/emp now. That way I can be Doc's backup when I wish for Aucoin to rest.

Great time last night too...lot of fun. Sorry I bailed at 11pm est.

Bug: on Wed: sorry man, I had to group with a friend and 2 other guys came on all around the same level: 8. I though bug was a lot higher than that.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:35 AM   #630
hoopsguy
General Manager

Keep in mind that the stuff we were fighting last night was primarily Level 16. We don't have anyone in our party that was Level 16. For the most part, we had Level 13-15 guys, with a couple of SKs along for the ride. So we were pushing our luck, resulting in a few deaths for the greater glory of roughing up Dr. Vahz.

I don't disagree with the sentiment of getting a backup for the healer, but I also don't want to see you pile on yourself for our high death rate when it had less to do with you than the choice of missions.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:36 AM   #631
Bonegavel

Dr Vahz had 2800 HP and acted like it. I bought 9 CaB's (for Aucoin's use) but burned through them myself in my non-stop attack on Doc V.

After everyone ditched, I joined up with another team that had me dead 2 or 3 times in a half hour. I politely exited the team and went to bed.

Silent Partner is now 11th level and I really like him. I still wouldn't mind respec'ing BlackFedora if and when that becomes available, but I think Silent Partner has a better secondary set (kinetics) than BF's storm summoning. But, I'm going to try hard this weekend to get all my Victory characters up to about 12/13 this weekend.

BlackFedora (Controller) mind/storm (11)
Silent Parther (Controller) mind/kinetics (11)
Albino Claw (Scrapper) claw/rgen (11)
Phaero (Blaster) fire/ice (9)

my ultimate goal is to have these guys stay relatively equal so I can use whichever is needed for a situation. Only downside is that i will probably stay behind in levels than the others that have stayed with one alt.

[edit]
yeah, don't worry about the deaths. Even if it was your "fault" (which it wasn't) it doesn't matter at all. I team with this group because I think we have fun regardless of what is happening in game. Our witty banter is enough to keep me coming back every tues/thurs. Teaming with the FOFCers has been the most fun i've had online since I can remember.

p.s.s. We still need more blasters I think. I'll try and get Phaero up a few levels this weekend. Sans blasters it takes SOOOOO much longer to kill stuff and that is most likely the reason we are dying. If you notice, we last a very long time, but we need that extra oompph of blaster power to seal the coffin.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 07-02-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:39 AM   #632
gi
College Prospect

Very true Hoopsguy, it still busted my balls to see that many deaths. Tis my job description to prevent that

Get worried if I stop caring

I should be on tonight with my level 2 controller. I want to level her up. Bye June is her name.

Edit:

Call it the healers code I also have a blast with this group. I am starting to stay away from pickup groups because of the fun I know I can have with you peoples.

I have a blaster Ice/Ice around 12. I'll bring him on when Doc Evil makes an appearance.

Doc! If you wish to level up this weekend, I will have the time to assist in that.

Last edited by gi : 07-02-2004 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:10 AM   #633
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll be on again tonight with Silver Streak. I think I'll create a new character to try to keep up, but right now I'm behind you guys. That's my excuse to my wife for playing so much.

And to think, NCAA 2005 comes out soon as well....
Old 07-02-2004, 03:01 PM   #634
Bad-example
College Starter

That was good fun again last night. Those Vaz are pretty rough foes...once they start vomiting on you, its time to move...make them spit at you and waste time shuffling towards you again.

I think the healing was top notch last night. Deaths were inevitable given the strength of our foes.

"After everyone ditched, I joined up with another team that had me dead 2 or 3 times in a half hour. I politely exited the team and went to bed."

I feel your pain. I always enjoy grouping with you guys but have had the worst luck in pickup groups.

I should have time to play some this weekend.

Doctor Robert (Defender) emp/rad (6)
Crimson Eclipse (Blaster) fire/dev (8)
Professor Ion (Scrapper) dark/inv (14)
Charbroiler (Tanker) fire/fire (14)
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:29 PM   #635
Thomkal
Head Coach

I created a blaster today that I might possibly use for our group. Blue Boltsman, an elec/elec blaster.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:22 PM   #636
gi
College Prospect

Edit: Scratch that, on with Aucoin and Silver Streak is with me

Going on with my level 2 controller. Name: bye june

Tell me if want to team up with her or another of my alts.

Last edited by gi : 07-02-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:07 PM   #637
gi
College Prospect

Aucoin and Don are on right now if anyone wants to join us in having no life
Old 07-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #638
MrBug708
Head Coach

I might be going on for a bit here, but Virtue
Old 07-04-2004, 09:58 AM   #639
hoopsguy
General Manager

So we took down a task force last night. The team started out with Don, Aucoin, Silver Streak, and a late-arriving Black Flag. And, man, was it good that Flag came along for the ride as Streak was out for the evening after about five missions. I think the hardest of the missions came in our 2nd one, as we loaded up with Lvl 16 clock bosses. Probably should post the levels for everyone at the start:

Don: just picked up 16 in mission before starting task force
Aucoin: 14
Streak: 13
Flag: 12, but sidekicked

Anyways, we had very minimal deaths throughout the six hour ordeal. Fought a combination of CoT, Clocks, and Vaz. After the second mission, it was a little disappointing to run across so many Lvl 14 bosses, although I'm glad the levels never escalated to 17 with our party. When we had consistent 16s, we had to actually use some of them newfangled tactics, but otherwise were able to get away with pure aggression against the hordes of Lvl 15 foes.

It was good to see Streak not finding death on a regular basis, as I know I had led him into some very hairy missions the couple of times I had played with him. Also, Black Flag predicted seeing the hospital screen numerous times, but kept that number to a very low number ... maybe more walking to next mission than in actual mission? Everyone picked up a level except Don, who is now 500xp short of Level 17.

Six hours is a long time to have to hang out with the same group of people, but it was a lot of fun, with the exception of my long lags between missions. Hopefully everyone else had a good time as well, with the exception of problems getting the SOs at the end of the task force. My slots were full - didn't want to hold people up emptying them after several lags down stretch, Aucoin got one he couldn't use, and Flag had some issue with dropping his connection. More posts, I'm sure, to follow on the evening ...
Old 07-04-2004, 11:06 AM   #640
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I had a beautiful SO in my hands, and then I got the dreaded "lost mapserver connection" when I got back I had debt and no SO. So yes, I'm upset, but it's just a game and while I will email the help group I doubt it'll give me anything but the generic "I'm sorry about that, it happens" email. Still it was fun, I only got killed on route to missions, not during, which is a plus.

I also enjoyed the movie line banter back and forth, was a nice break to things.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #641
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just lost mapserver connection after killing the head bad guy in the mission that got me level 17. So I had one lowly henchman left to complete the mission and BAM ... oh well, not tragic or anything, just a waste of time.

It was fun last night playing with Qwikshot, since his guy does really strong damage. Don is primarily a defense tank, with only average attacks. It takes a long time for him to fall down, but he also takes his time eliminating the opposition. So Battle Flag was a huge asset in keeping the adventure moving.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:28 PM   #642
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Just lost mapserver connection after killing the head bad guy in the mission that got me level 17. So I had one lowly henchman left to complete the mission and BAM ... oh well, not tragic or anything, just a waste of time.

It was fun last night playing with Qwikshot, since his guy does really strong damage. Don is primarily a defense tank, with only average attacks. It takes a long time for him to fall down, but he also takes his time eliminating the opposition. So Battle Flag was a huge asset in keeping the adventure moving.

Why thanks hoops. I think the triple tandem worked just great. The Dark Arts/Regen format is something of a uber-character, but I wanted something for solo missions. BattleFlag is a tough little pseudotank. I just hated all that walking, and when that scorcher got me I was pissed. But I think a tanker, scrapper, healer tandem worked great.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:44 PM   #643
hoopsguy
General Manager

I started a scrapper this afternoon, up to Lvl 4 with Ms. Revlon. Figured we didn't have much female representation in our group. Dark Arts/Katana for this one. Really enjoying the AOE attack at low levels so far, hope that I've got a better feel for how to play the game (and, thus, a scrapper) than I did back on Virtue with my first CoH character.

I think I'll be on most of the afternoon if anyone is looking to play, with either the lower level guys or with me pulling in one of the higher level guys.

Don the Baptist - Lvl 17 Tanker
Doc Evil - Lvl 13 Healer
Bulletproof Ike - Lvl 12 Controller Grav/ForceField
Ms. Revlon - Lvl4 Scrapper Katana/Dark Arts
Old 07-04-2004, 09:34 PM   #644
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Made it to level 14! I'm flying....the powerrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 07-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #645
gi
College Prospect

Had a great time, Aucoin started out at 15, and made 16, btw Aucoin is retired until tues now. If the missions were a little harder, having a controller would be the only thing we would have needed, but alas, our 3 remaining heroes worked well together. I have a level 18 ACC SO tech based if anyone can use. Or I will sell it. I wish SuperGroup vaults were working.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:03 PM   #646
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

hey glad to see you gi. you are very lucky that you did not come on that mission with me. A bunch of us ended up dying and ended up in the 5th column prison. Even better is the door explodes taking a bunch of your life also. Something went wrong and 5th column where able to get into cells a couple of us died multiple times. My friend now has over 80k worth of debt. But on the other hand i got to lvl 33. Since i need 470k to lvl 34. Im going to try to play my scrapper on victory.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:10 PM   #647
gi
College Prospect

Hey Age, inverness on victory is on right now.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:15 PM   #648
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Got knocked out so I think it's a sign not to play tonight.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #649
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

if anyone wants to play i will be soloing with project virus(level 11) on victory until midnight est.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:54 AM   #650
gi
College Prospect

Sorry about yesterday Age. Game crashed and it was close to the time of my date, so I didn't log back in.

At least the date went well.

I should be on tonight with Aucoin.